PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Rising new trailer

squirrel
11-12-2011, 04:48 AM
For mates who dont read Chinese, dont worry, just click the video to play:

http://bbs.a9vg.com/thread-2090417-1-1.html

Looks awfully like a God of War kinda hack and slash game. Hope it wont turn into bottom smashing thingy. Anyway, Konami hasnt demoed the puzzle solving part yet.

sabrage
11-12-2011, 04:55 AM
The fact that Platinum is making it means it'll be better than 99% of the rest of the shit that gets released these days. The action will be great, and the story will be overblown and schlocky... So it'll be just like every other Metal Gear game in that respect.

ado
11-12-2011, 09:58 PM
I haven't played Bayonetta or Vanquish, but I've heard great stuff about both of those. So the involvement of Platinum is very reassuring. That trailer on the other hand is not...

laneford
11-12-2011, 11:43 PM
Moar Bayonetta plz.

sabrage
12-12-2011, 12:07 AM
the involvement of Platinum is very reassuring. That trailer on the other hand is not...

Platinum has proved 3 times over (4 if you count God Hand) that nobody can match them when it comes to fast-paced, psychotic action. If you're in it for the story, however, you're going to be severely disappointed. I didn't much get on with Infinite Space so I can't speak to that, but they're not exactly known for their writing. Even Okami, which I adore, had only the barest bones of a plot driving it forward.

ado
12-12-2011, 12:21 AM
I'm keeping an open mind about any game to be honest, and despite being overly critical about story in games I'm a bit of a sucker for Kojima's drivel. My problem with that trailer is not with the story but with the huge shift in gameplay and style when compared to the "cut anything" trailer from a couple of years ago.

They probably have good reasons for reworking the game and giving it to Platinum, but this just doesn't look nearly as innovative/impressive.

Spacewalk
12-12-2011, 12:41 AM
I can't say that I found the trailer inspiring either, I also feel that the old "cut anything" trailer was much more interesting. It's the change of timeline and all of that "flash", other man children might find that awesome but I just find it unnecessary.