PDA

View Full Version : My headset mic is suddenly really quiet.

Net_Bastard
13-12-2011, 05:51 PM
Okay, so I got this Logitech headset for free from my high school. I thought that I could use it for voice acting. Well it worked fine. Yesterday I was doing some more voice acting and I noticed that Audacity wasn't picking up my voice unless I put the mic almost inside my mouth, and even then my voice was too quiet. I tried increasing the sound levels, but that just put a ton of white noise in the background which obscured my slightly-less-quiet-but-not-by-much voice. I have another headset and the mic works fine, but I don't want to use that one since it's of a much lower quality. Windows says that the best driver software for my mic is already installed. The headphones work fine, but the mic doesn't. Can someone help me out here? I'm using onboard sound by the way (couldn't afford a sound card at the time of building my PC). I really don't want to revert back to my old mic. Besides I need this headset for foreign language class as well so I can record sentences for my teacher. My sister has a headset as well so I'm going to see if that one will work.

slick_101
13-12-2011, 06:32 PM
have you tried the headset in another comp?

Gunny
13-12-2011, 07:17 PM
Hmm.. tried the "Mic Boost" option?

SMiD
13-12-2011, 07:33 PM
Are you perhaps wispering? What version of Windows are we talking about here?

KorbenGoodkat
13-12-2011, 11:40 PM
Maybe try uninstalling the drivers and installing them again.

Net_Bastard
15-12-2011, 02:56 PM
I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit. I'm not whispering. I'll dry uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers and see if that works.

DigitalSignalX
15-12-2011, 03:02 PM
have you tried the headset in another comp?

This - then you know if it's something you can fix on your PC or you can start taking the headset apart in a slightly less then futile attempt at fixing it (no disrespect, most stuff isn't designed to be fixed any more, merely replaced).

Net_Bastard
15-12-2011, 03:09 PM
Tried it on my mom's laptop and it didn't play any sound at all. I'm gonna try fixing it.