PDA

View Full Version : Eve Online: RPS Holdings is looking for new pilots

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Pepperik
03-12-2011, 11:04 PM
I picked up eve a year ago to join Dreddit, but by the time I got around to buying the game they'd gotten so big, and goon-drama had gotten so deep, that I wasn't interested anymore. Joined a small PvP corp, and it was alright, but I didn't have enough time to devote to it and had to shelf it. Now I have plenty of free time, but my corp has dissolved over time. I'm still at the tackling-frigate stage, I believe, at most I may be able to fly cruisers that are decently equipped. I'm mellow and play to have fun, looking for a corp to PvP and BS with. I don't need handouts or isk, I'm not a drain.

I'll be in game if you have an invite for me, the name's Hashishihan (I know the spelling's atrocious, I was drunk).

Barman1942
03-12-2011, 11:13 PM
Played EVE on and off for a couple years now, mainly doing highsec mission running with a couple friends, and I got burnt out pretty quick doing only that. I'm thinking about re-subbing, and you guys sound like a good bunch to play with.

Hanban
03-12-2011, 11:54 PM
Sounds cool fellas! If you decide to drop into the game you'll find us in the channel RPS Community. Poke one of the members there or send an EVE mail to Hoarr about getting in.

See you soon hopefully!

origin
04-12-2011, 05:31 AM
Thinking about trying eve....

Hoarr
04-12-2011, 02:05 PM
Doooooo eeeeeet. Someone will hook you up with a 60 day free trial key if you're interested.

Anataru
04-12-2011, 06:08 PM
Hey Fellas, I just tried eve for the first time (14 day trial) and I'm really enjoying it. If you're still looking for players, I'm seeking admittance... I'll probably buy a PLEX at the end of my trial.

Sen
04-12-2011, 06:15 PM
Hallo, I just signed up for the RPS Forums (long time reader, first time talker), and I have recently re-subscribed to EVE after seeing the Crucible article. Every time I've quit because I've never been able to find a good Corp to get into anything interesting, and it gets lonely in space. I would love to try flying with you folks, I have submitted an application already ;).

Thanks!

IDtenT
04-12-2011, 11:40 PM
Anyone willing to hook me up with a 60 day trial?

ShEsHy
05-12-2011, 02:08 AM
Same here. I'd love to try it out, but 14 days is just too short for a MMO as complex-sounding as EVE.

IDtenT
05-12-2011, 09:51 AM
I got an invite. Thanks everyone. :)

Hanban
05-12-2011, 09:56 AM
We'll try to hook you up as well ShEsHy. Ought to be someone with a key left!

PsyComa
05-12-2011, 11:11 AM
I got an invite. Thanks everyone. :)

Thanks everyone my ass. You now owe your soul to Gara. Learn to love, fear, and respect Gara, and you'll be allright.

Ok peeps I still have ONE invite left. Who's up for some soul selling?

Hanban
05-12-2011, 03:09 PM
Give it to ShEsHy!

Hoarr
05-12-2011, 04:34 PM
Anataru, IDtent, and sheshy - Look me up in game and we'll get you squared away.

ShEsHy
05-12-2011, 05:34 PM
Sent a message to Hoarr ingame, now we wait :).

*edit*
Just have to say that the game is awesome!!! :D

Anataru
05-12-2011, 07:19 PM
Sent a message to Hoarr.

frogstompv
05-12-2011, 09:38 PM
Hey, tried eve about a year ago but was only messing around with solo pve stuff so i kinda feel like i missed the point somewhat, if anyone can fix me up with a trial longer than 14 days id love to try out life in RPSH.

PsyComa
05-12-2011, 11:33 PM
I have one last 60 day code, waiting for someone to get it, if the guy doesn't answer in 1 day, it's free for grabs.

PsyComa
05-12-2011, 11:34 PM
Also guys keep in mind that besides the 60 days trial, we can also send buddy invites, those last 21 days and end in a plex if the trial char subs, so there's opportunity for everyone! When the plex is awarded, it's sold and split between the inviter and invited, so that's around 200m free for every new RPS recruit.

Hanban
06-12-2011, 07:05 PM
Alright, we're trying to wrangle up two more keys for Sheshy and Windoze. We'll PM you soon!

PsyComa
06-12-2011, 07:26 PM
Sheshy already does have one it seems. I also provided Windoze a buddy invite. Anyone else?

ThunderChild
06-12-2011, 11:14 PM
Hello! I've recently decided to have a crack at EvE after tiring slightly of Skyrim (110+ hrs is enough for me).

Been lurking around on RPS for a while after getting recommended by my brother a few years ago - now it's my only source of gaming news - and i reckon it does the job!

I was my guild's lead raid healer for a year or so in wow (so i have a mic!). I used to play a lot of FPS', but not so much anymore.

I'm looking to dive head first into pvp, so if you need cannon fodder then i'm happy to oblige!

I'm on a 60 day trial atm :) pm me for details!

Hoarr
07-12-2011, 05:33 AM
Welcome, Thunderchild. We can always use squishy people to throw into harms way. Shout up on the in game chat channel - RPS Community. I'll see you in there

ShEsHy
07-12-2011, 11:02 AM
Sheshy already does have one it seems. I also provided Windoze a buddy invite. Anyone else?
Tnx for notifying. Turns out it was a DNS problem that was preventing me from reaching RPS to post, so after switching to Google's DNS, I'm all good :D.
Anyways, I got mine in Rookie Chat. Also got 3 mil and a 0% Tax Corp out of it :).

On a side note, I already decided to buy at least 3 months :).

PsyComa
07-12-2011, 11:58 AM
Tnx for notifying. Turns out it was a DNS problem that was preventing me from reaching RPS to post, so after switching to Google's DNS, I'm all good :D.
Anyways, I got mine in Rookie Chat. Also got 3 mil and a 0% Tax Corp out of it :).

On a side note, I already decided to buy at least 3 months :).

Fantastic. Now join RPS Community channel in-game and look for people in either the RPS Derp Academy or RPSHoldings, like Hoarr or richard mansk. :)

Ponti
07-12-2011, 01:03 PM
Hey guys, another long time reader first time poster. Been playing EVE off on on for some time now and figure it's about time I actually joined a corp. I've mostly just stuck to the PvE side of things but really want to get started with some PvP. I'll dive into the RPS Community channel when Crucible has finally updated.

I also have a 60day trial code if anyone is still looking for one.

Hanban
07-12-2011, 01:55 PM
That is duly appreciated Ponti, get in touch with an RPSH corp member in RPS Community about joining and they'll help you out.

Anataru
07-12-2011, 01:58 PM
I'll be jumping in to RPS chat today, and if I could grab a 60 day trial off anyone, I'd be much obliged!

Thanks!

Hanban
07-12-2011, 02:56 PM
I would suggest that Ponti help you out!

kingbiscuit
07-12-2011, 03:39 PM
I have a 60 day key up for grabs. Wrestle me for it.

origin
07-12-2011, 10:12 PM
hmm, so given that I have no work till late jan....I would love to spend some time checking this out, if anyone has a trial key

Anataru
08-12-2011, 05:30 AM
Sweet! I'm in RPSH DA, and I'm raring to get in some action. What's on the schedule? Do we have a home base?

Hanban
08-12-2011, 07:29 AM
We live in a wormhole so the entrance to home differs depending on what day it is. We'll try to go on roam but admittedly it has been a busy week for many. During the weekend, at least, there will be ship popping to be had. But for the weekdays we'll see what the wormhole static offers us!

PsyComa
08-12-2011, 11:45 AM
This is a mess, i have no idea who is who and what means what. Anyways I have one 60 day code left!

origin
08-12-2011, 11:50 AM
I'd love a code!

PsyComa
08-12-2011, 12:36 PM
sorry but i don't support EA.

Hoarr
08-12-2011, 12:55 PM
BOOM! The Brazilian lotion expert strikes again

PsyComa
08-12-2011, 01:05 PM
lol code sent to origin btw.

vinno
09-12-2011, 03:06 AM
No talk of lotion please.

PsyComa
09-12-2011, 11:03 AM
Why? Lotion is good, dude. You'll have to give in, eventually.

Also i just realized KingBiscuit is the scanner boy. lol

Schizoslayer
10-12-2011, 11:44 AM
For better or worse I've reactivated my account. I have something close to a few billion isk in ships and mods scattered across nullsec and no way to get to them. Otherwise im broke. Still 43million skillpoints isn't to be sniffed at.

Hanban
10-12-2011, 12:06 PM
We welcome you to Spock's roster farm Schizo. Hopefully you'll be able to get hold off some of your assets and come join us. Either way, we won't sneer at you if you just show up in a Rifter!

Persona Jet Rev
10-12-2011, 12:38 PM
I'm willing to give EVE Online yet another go. Would any of you be so kind to send me a 60 day code?

Hanban
11-12-2011, 03:29 PM
The 60 day codes may be running out at this point. We'll try to rustle one up, but failing that we have 21 day codes that can be e-mailed.

origin
12-12-2011, 08:15 AM
was incredibly busy over the weekend but ive activated my 60 key and want to get started - I've never played before and know less than i like. Good web resources/people I could talk to in game?

Hanban
12-12-2011, 08:30 AM
Join the Rps Community channel and ask for help. Any corp member of RPSH will help out. There are other bittervets there who will more often than not also help out with their vast knowledge. Just beware of trolling as it has been known to happen on the Community channel.

Overall, however, there's help to be had there. Other than that I remember the noob channel to be quite helpful, but you're likely to get a more in-depth explanation if you ask in community. The various evewikis that you can find by googling offer many insights into game mechanics if you have a read, though they can sometimes be hard to understand. So have a read if you're wondering about for example how orbitting a target affects hit-chance, and then ask in-game for a clarification.

I would suggest you have a look at the various threads in failheap-challenge.com as well as there are many discussions about the game in that particular forum. It is, however, a pretty troll infested place and in general the tone can be pretty nasty. But there are some great players there to learn from.

Persona Jet Rev
12-12-2011, 11:03 AM
The 60 day codes may be running out at this point. We'll try to rustle one up, but failing that we have 21 day codes that can be e-mailed.
Do they work for existing, inactive accounts too? In that case, 21 days would be fine too. Should be enough time to review what's new :)

Hanban
12-12-2011, 01:57 PM
I'm afraid I do not think they work that way. There was someone saying yesterday that they had a 60 day code so later today we'll try to get it sent your way!

Sweatypitts
12-12-2011, 06:44 PM
I'm willing to give EVE Online yet another go. Would any of you be so kind to send me a 60 day code?

PMing you one now.

Persona Jet Rev
12-12-2011, 08:20 PM
PMing you one now.

Thanks a lot. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work on existing accounts :( I think I'll just take the reactivation offer (30 days for 10 currencies) then

I didn't go throught the entire process with the code you sent, so I think it should still be good for a newcomer

Grailer_Diomede
15-12-2011, 09:08 PM
I'm reactivating my account today. My pilot name is Arbiter Itinerant. I wish to join this tendril of the Hive-Mind's influence.

HP Craftwerk
15-12-2011, 09:18 PM
Resubbed and starting a new character, its been so long, you can call me a fresh faced newb all over again. Who should I be in contact with to request access to RPS Holdings? Tried looking up the Corp in game and it didnt appear on their tool.

OSad
15-12-2011, 11:01 PM
Okay so, along the years I've heard talks of this mythical MMO called "EVE Online", that had ships and stuff on it. After listening to many tales about it, I was convinced that EVE Online is nothing more, nothing less than a real life simulator, if humanity already had advanced mining technology and spaceships: everything takes forever, and you get blown up all the time. Now, my interest for this would normally be zero, as it has been all along. However, after hearing many of my friends, online and offline, talking about this with me at least once in my life, I feel like I should at least partake in the EVE experience, just to say I did. And either have the grounds to say I cripplingly liked it or horribly disliked it.

Now, one of my mentioned friends said that this forum (fine establishment, by the by) is giving out referral codes. I don't quite want to pay up front for a confusing game I know nothing about, but looking at myself at this very moment, I'm really interested on it. If I were to ask for a code, would it be provided to me, and would the nice chaps on board already help me out with the ropes? Of course, I plan on helping in any way I can, but as a reminder, I NEVER played this game before, I DON'T KNOW how anything works, but I want to try it out.

Thank you for your time.

HP Craftwerk
16-12-2011, 06:09 AM
I can send you one , whats the name / email?

OSad
16-12-2011, 01:05 PM
Well, I haven't attempted to register an account yet, I'm still in the process of downloading the gigantic client, but if it's my e-mail you want, it's andreg.95 at gmail.com.

DVD773
17-12-2011, 01:40 PM
Hi,

So i just dived headlong into EVE Online. Is the RPS community still alive and kicking in this scary world of gate camps and piracy? If so I'd It would be cool to get in touch and see if i can join up with you guys.

Hanban
17-12-2011, 02:09 PM
We are! Head on to the RPS Community channel in EVE and poke one of the members.

I'd like to point out though, to anyone reading he topic, that we are all adult people with jobs and families, so now that Christmas time is coming people will have sketchy online hours.

Toodles!

HP Craftwerk
18-12-2011, 02:47 AM
I have 9 Friend keys left to give away, if someone wants one let me know

amishmonster
19-12-2011, 12:02 AM
Hey folks, I picked up a 60-day trial from a friend and am giving the game another (third) try. I'm about a day in, doing tutorials and whatnot. I'll probably want to join up with RPS some day, once I've acclimated a bit (and decided whether I want to stick around).

I wanted to ask now, before I'm too invested in this character: do some of the factions still have huge advantages over the other? I don't think I could go Minmatar b/c I can't stand how their ships look, and I like Gallente the most, but reading through the backlog of this thread, some people seem quite down on Gallente. Is that faction a deal-breaker? Because they seem pretty versatile.

Hanban
19-12-2011, 09:03 AM
Hey Amishmonster, hope to see you join us soon!

Since Crucible blasters have received a fairly significant boost making Gallente a more viable option than before. The issue is still, however, that most gallente ships suffer from being less versatile than say the Minmatar ships. Blasters rely on getting close to the enemy and Gallente ships are often armor tanked making them flying bricks. Typically we fly in small skirmish fleets which means we need to be able to field ships that are able to be very mobile, which makes Gallente ships less appealing. They do still have some awesome ships like for example the interceptor Taranis though, so there are some real neat options with them.

Generally I would say the races are as thus, and this is just an opinion:
Gallente: Dangerous from up close but not very flexible
Minmatar: Skirmish warfare extraordinaire
Caldari: Fields good stable damage at range with missiles but their workhorse the Drake can be a bit slow. Generally a good choice since you get awesome PVE ships for your money making and a solid PVP fleet, like for example the forever hated ECM ship the Falcon.
Amarr: Does good damage at range and has some really neat Force Recon ships. Admittedly I'm the least versed in these religious lunatics but they've got a fair bit of flexibility available.

It's more or less a rule that everyone who plays EVE should be able to fly a Drake since it's so good for earning cash, but otherwise the choice is yours.

amishmonster
19-12-2011, 08:41 PM
Thanks for the tips, Hanban (Bob?) I may reconsider my choice since I guess I can get over the ship appearance to some extent. Minmatar ships are just so ugly to me, which is a silly reason not to roll one, but there it is. Are Amarr not as weak as the wiki makes them out to be? I quite like how they look (and can ignore the lunatic bit) but don't want to be stuck with ships that can't help tackle or do any damage to armor/hull.

Darn, I should have asked here a couple days ago!

EDIT: Is there any real reason not to just start training Amarr and energy weapon skills on my Gallente dude? It would be odd, but it seems pretty EVE-y to multiclass. I'm probably horribly overthinking this.

Hanban
20-12-2011, 08:50 AM
I wouldn't say that the Amarr are weak, no. They have some great ships, particularly their battleships perhaps.

The gunnery support skills are the same for energy weapons and hybrid weapons so it's not so much a problem at this point. Since you're new the training times are still very small. Changing for example from Gallente battleships to Amarr battleships will, however, take a lot of times since getting tech II large guns takes roughly two months to train. So it's good to have made a choice early about what you will want to play and focus on that for a while.

I'm not one to talk, though. I started out Caldari and got a Drake. Then I trained Gallente up to battleships so I could shoot at carriers. And then I trained Minmatar for the hurricane. So I'm a bit of a jack of all trades and the options are certainly nice, but I don't have any tech II large gun skills which is a shame.

I think perhaps the wise thing to do is to choose a tech II cruiser you want to fly. For example a Curse for Amarr, falcon for Caldari, Vagabond for Minmatar or Lachesis for Gallente. Have a look at the Force Recon ships or the Heavy Assault Cruisers for the various races and see if there's something you find you want to go for. Then throw your chips in with that race and it'll be fairly easy to recommend what skills you need to train in the long run.

championofpants
25-12-2011, 06:55 PM
i also recently started playing again. i had a trial account that i never made official, but i finally did yesterday. id love to join this group of brave pilots. my character name is Tonklefert McMasters.

Hoarr
26-12-2011, 03:40 PM
Hit me up in game, Champion. I have the same name in game that I have in the forums. Also make sure that you join the in game chat channel "RPS Community"

Rexneron
27-12-2011, 09:17 PM
Hello. I've played on and off with the Gamers With Jobs crew for about a year and just re-subbed. Your community here was recommended, so here I am.

Hanban
28-12-2011, 10:06 AM
Look up the RPS Community channel in-game and you'll find us lot. Hit someone up there, Hoarr preferrably, and you can be set on the path of dying a violent death soon enough!

Prester John
01-01-2012, 03:04 PM
Whas the current in-game isk cost for a month? I've played on and off for a few years, off at the moment as it tends to suck evenings away in the blink of an eye and i've a young family!

Danny252
01-01-2012, 03:10 PM
Whas the current in-game isk cost for a month? I've played on and off for a few years, off at the moment as it tends to suck evenings away in the blink of an eye and i've a young family!

EVE-Central puts PLEX at about 445mill: http://eve-central.com/home/quicklook.html?typeid=29668

(Is it the whole "plex for fanfest" bumping it up, or have things just inflated that much? I've still not worked out exactly when fanfest is...)

bodybycake
07-01-2012, 07:39 PM
Hey all I was thinking about playing eve and joining up but was wondering if there are any active members in the EST time zone in the corp. I'd hate to join up and realize all the fun stuff was going on in prime time GMT.

Hoarr
08-01-2012, 03:31 AM
body, we are extremely active in that TZ. I'm actually EST myself. we're mainly active in the EU/US TZs. If you are interested in taking a look send someone a PM and we'll get you sorted w/ an extended trial and will split the (fairly substatial amount of) in game money made with you if you decide to subscribe.

Skusey
08-01-2012, 11:50 AM
I've been reading about EVE for years now, and I've decided to finally give the free trial a go after rereading Jim's stories. This is my first MMO, so I'll likely be worse than useless, but perhaps there's a cannon fodder class. Or a spaceship polishing talent tree.

Hanban
08-01-2012, 12:37 PM
The cannon fodder class is called hero tackler and you're more than welcome to come strap yourself into one of these suicide machines!

amishmonster
09-01-2012, 06:58 AM
Hey Hoarr (Okami here), I seem to have missed you today for whatever follow-up talk. I came on pretty late. Anyway, just wanted to let you know that SilentStile and I are still interested!

Boolets
10-01-2012, 02:10 AM
If anyone wants to send a trial code thisaway, I'd be a very happy capsuleer!

Hoarr
13-01-2012, 12:41 PM
Boolets, I don't know if anyone sent a trial key your way or if you just signed up for the 14 day free trial, but we'd be happy to hook you up with one if someone hasn't already. (and yes, that's now the royal we with my recent promotion)

Boolets
14-01-2012, 11:27 PM
Naw, just on the 14-day trial, I'm good. Although if I do decide to resub, it'd be on my other guy with more stuff. Just didn't want to pay cause I'm cheap.

Alex Bakke
14-01-2012, 11:51 PM
Hey - am I still in the Corp atm? I had to quit for a bit because of school, but I should be able to resub now.

(Hardy Courage)

Hanban
15-01-2012, 08:34 PM
Not sure if you're still in Alex, I think you probably are. Either way, you're welcome back anytime!

With that said:

RPSH is about as active as we have ever been. The Golden Age of Hoarr has begun!

Hanban
17-01-2012, 07:34 AM
Last night two new members of the corp, Kat and Palin, were awarded BobHound's Scanning Genius medal for taking part in one of the corp scanning tutorials. Now you can also earn medals and become a distinguished fresh meat in EVE. Learn from the worst of the worst to become a true menace in space!

Strangely put together words aside we're doing quite well and are looking for more people as always. Recently Hoarr, praise be his name, took over CEOship of the corp and with the recent influx of people it's once again become a good time to join and experience the wonders of a cutthroat MMO. If you're looking to give EVE a go here's a great opportunity. Join RPSH and become a better person for it.

Kazz
17-01-2012, 11:55 AM
Yeah it's a good time to join, lots of new members around at the moment.

I've only been playing Eve for a couple of weeks now, joined up with RPS Derp Academy less than a week ago and it's a very welcoming environment, lots of friendly banter and people willing to have newbs tagging along on roams. Great fun so far.

Even if this applies to pretty much everything I do so far other than the very basics :)

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/1314/97vp.jpg

kingbiscuit
17-01-2012, 06:53 PM
Of course we are 'always willing to have newbs tagging along on roams.' It's the only way to learn, and it reduces the chance that I'll get shot at.

ThunderChild
17-01-2012, 09:12 PM
I have a 60-day free trial on my account, so PM me if you're interested. First come, first served! :)

amishmonster
18-01-2012, 07:19 AM
Yeah, I'm another new addition to the corp and game and I'm having a blast. We did some PVPing the other day and, despite only MOSTLY blowing up our enemies, it was still a great time. As a new player, I can definitely say that having people around to show you the reigns is what makes EVE actually fun.

Hanban
21-01-2012, 11:00 AM
Someone should definitely take the chance and nab Thunderdchild's key! 60 days is well enough time to get a taste for what EVE has to offer!

/Bob

AsimBa
21-01-2012, 03:28 PM
I would actually be rather interested in trying out EVE, especially with a larger group. I do have one question though, how playtime intensive is EVE, at least to go around shooting other guys?

ou818
21-01-2012, 04:38 PM
I would actually be rather interested in trying out EVE, especially with a larger group. I do have one question though, how playtime intensive is EVE, at least to go around shooting other guys?

To fly the ships you need to pvp with, you need to train skills. This skill training takes place whether or not you are actually playing the game.

You could theoretically train to fly a titan (BIG ship) by doing nothing more than logging into the game to set new skills to train every couple of days.

AsimBa
21-01-2012, 05:29 PM
That sounds great for me, as my schedule isn't good for any playing certain days. Would anyone be so kind as to send me a trial? I think I could be a fine addition to the RPS empire in space!

Danny252
21-01-2012, 09:38 PM
You could theoretically train to fly a titan (BIG ship) by doing nothing more than logging into the game to set new skills to train every couple of days.

Assuming you find some way to pay for all those skill books!

ShEsHy
22-01-2012, 12:50 PM
I have a 60 Trial code if anyone wants it. Either PM me or quote me here.

ou818
22-01-2012, 07:01 PM
Assuming you find some way to pay for all those skill books!

Mining. Duh!

SirQuijote
22-01-2012, 09:31 PM
After some years of hiatus, I want to go back into the game. And it would be nice to do so in a nice corp. Is yours a nice corp? :D
I would like to know where are you based, what do you do on a daily basis, and other relevant stuff. I want to PvP as much as possible, what do you do in that department? Are you in any alliance or something?

Hanban
23-01-2012, 08:11 AM
Hullo fella,

First off. We are a nice corp, with the general atmosphere in the corp being helpful and friendly. Sometimes on the trolling side, but always friendly.

What we do on a daily basis varies due to us living in a wormhole at the moment. This may come to change in the coming months but at the moment it is mostly running anoms and sites and looking for people to shoot.

It's difficult to say how much pvp is done on any given day. We're a corp of adults with adults' commitments and because of that the amount of activity on any given weekday is difficult to predict. Some days we'll go out on a roam, other times we won't. Pvp will then usually happen on Fridays and during the weekend. We are in an alliance at the moment and this contributes to our numbers when it's roam time.

Hope that answers your questions!

Hanban
27-01-2012, 08:43 AM
As has been hinted at RPSH are making a few changes to the corp's living situation. Very soon we shall once again be living in nul sec to accomodate our thirst for blowing up space ships. Join!

MajorGoose
27-01-2012, 11:23 PM
Hrmmm... This is good news... I may have to come say hello \o/

Hanban
29-01-2012, 10:53 AM
@Goose

Yes you do!

I can now happily report that our POS is pulled down and we have left the wormhole. Nul-sec here we come!

amishmonster
01-02-2012, 04:15 AM
It's true, the time they are a-changing. For the better, I assume. Don't ask me, I'm such a noob that I just got my first Battlecruiser. Which is AWESOME, I might add.

PsyComa
01-02-2012, 03:49 PM
Moving out of the hole was way faster than we predicted, so here's the current situation: we're staging from a highsec system bordering the null area we're going to move to soon(tm). There are many aspects being worked on right now, including training for the newer guys which should start this week, and then we'll move to null so people can make more money and get more pvp going on.

We also have an alliance, as stated before; however. it must be said our focus is not on sov, sov grinding pvp, or CTAs. As Hanban said, we're an adult corp (lol), with people from many different TZs and backgrounds, and only two complete bums, so our focus remains on quick OPs, being a somewhat portable corp, and general trolling of space lanes.

Some of the things we offer new recruits, be they complete new players or old vets, is an efficient logistics team that can haul your shit across the universe, a team of funny, if retarded, corp mates, and some presence in pretty much all TZs except for the asian one.

Join now, get training if you're new, and be initiated in the mighty secrets of spock pr0n!

PsyComa
01-02-2012, 03:50 PM
Oh there's also the matter of lotion, but that's for you to discover once you're in. :)

PsyComa
02-02-2012, 08:25 PM
I've been reading about EVE for years now, and I've decided to finally give the free trial a go after rereading Jim's stories. This is my first MMO, so I'll likely be worse than useless, but perhaps there's a cannon fodder class. Or a spaceship polishing talent tree.

We're always in need of more meatshields, er i mean hero tacklers!

amishmonster
02-02-2012, 09:28 PM
Yeah now that the Learning skills are out of the game, it's a lot quicker to get into the action. Come, tackle things with the rest of us noobs! Sure you get shot a lot, but you sure annoy people in the meantime.

Hoarr
03-02-2012, 02:56 AM
I'm really sorry about PsyComa (Gara, kylu Ryko, and about 30 alts). I forgot to lock his cage the other day. Damned Brazilian must have learned some weird pygmy ninja shit during his week in the jungle

PsyComa
03-02-2012, 09:49 AM
I'm really sorry about PsyComa (Gara, kylu Ryko, and about 30 alts). I forgot to lock his cage the other day. Damned Brazilian must have learned some weird pygmy ninja shit during his week in the jungle

I'll sue you one of those days...

Hanban
05-02-2012, 12:08 AM
Yesterday while we were out roaming we engaged a lonesome Falcon jumping into us. As it turned up it was a covert ops cyno ship and we ended up being jumped by a Black Ops Battleship gang. It was a lot of fun, even though we got stomped.

You should also come join us and get stomped. And not play Perpetuum. Play EVE.

PsyComa
05-02-2012, 05:38 PM
Yesterday while we were out roaming we engaged a lonesome Falcon jumping into us. As it turned up it was a covert ops cyno ship and we ended up being jumped by a Black Ops Battleship gang. It was a lot of fun, even though we got stomped.

You should also come join us and get stomped. And not play Perpetuum. Play EVE.

Well to be honest we came away on top of the isk war. we got that falcon down, and our own valiantly warped away!

Danny252
05-02-2012, 05:56 PM
Today's lesson: a lone Recon ship is very rarely alone.

(And good to see your Falcon pilot has the art of "gtfo" down :) )

PsyComa
07-02-2012, 07:02 AM
Eh, it's not cowardice, it's space smarts!

amishmonster
08-02-2012, 03:21 AM
It's spmarts.

PsyComa
08-02-2012, 09:01 PM
Also who are all these people. I can only recognize bob, hoarr and a few others?

amishmonster
09-02-2012, 05:02 AM
I'm Okami in EVE. PsyComa is Gara, right?

PsyComa
09-02-2012, 12:02 PM
Everyone is Gara at least once in their lives - or they should!

Kazz
09-02-2012, 01:58 PM
Obligatory "I'm Gara and so is my wife!" post.

Hoarr
09-02-2012, 09:25 PM
This whole thread is just Gara having a conversation with himself through his alts.

SamuelH
10-02-2012, 08:03 AM
Im giving the trial a go after a couple of years away from Eve. Just wondered if you were still looking for new pilots? Not sure I could offer anything other than another target to aim at but it might be fun to be in a pvp corp.

Never did find mining that interesting.

Hanban
10-02-2012, 05:03 PM
You're very welcome to look us up SamuelH. We always need more people who are willing to risk getting turned into space dust!

kingbiscuit
12-02-2012, 08:54 PM
Hi. My name is [redacted], I'm a pirate. I like long walks on the beach and dark night clubs with bathroom stalls where I can meet new and exciting people.

Come join us.

Hanban
13-02-2012, 10:46 AM
Anyone who hasn't tried EVE yet should head to the new website and check out what it has to offer. Some neat tests to see if you're cut out from carebear or pirate cloth and just some tools to have a look at in-game ships etc. Cool stuff!

If that tickles your fancy you are then free to come join us in-game!

( www.eveonline.com ) - link to the new and updated website

/Bob

PsyComa
13-02-2012, 06:51 PM
RPSH Profiles: Chapter One

The Stealthy Menace

Out from the North comes a man of passion.

A man with no wits, a man with no guts.

Mr. Petrosian currently resides in Stacmon, and is known for his pimp-like antics on comms. Listening to the likes of Marvin Gaye and Shaft's OST, his quasi-orgasmic whispering on comms has been known to warm the female audience up.

The Stacmon sweet talker fancies himself a pirate, but in reality is a coward that only flies stealth bombers. "But I rarely die!" he says, while taking his daily dose of Vitamin C.

His ignorance regarding the paper-thin nature of interceptors can also be attested looking at his most recent loss.

http://killboard.pewpewds.com/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=660

One has to imagine his despair trying to find the "cloak" button.

Later on, strong evidence linking Mr. Petrosian to the Furyans' recent scandal was found. Apparently, he was the out-of-corp contact forwarding tons of petitions to CCP, requesting that Covops Cloaks be given the ability to be fitted to any ship.

What the future holds for Mr. Petrosian is unclear. Recently, more successful bombing runs have been carried out by his corpmates without his presence, leading to much discomfort in the inner circle of the mighty corp.

This is what Gara had to say, when inquired about his corpmate:

"I doesn't belief I've ever see Tigran fly around*. Also me doesn't speaks english."

*because of cloaks, obviously.

amishmonster
14-02-2012, 08:24 AM
EVE is also an object lesson in how many non-native speakers speak English better than a sad number of Americans, as Gara demonstrates.

Heker
14-02-2012, 09:30 PM
Hey guys im a new character in eve but iv played a bit before. This time around I really want to get into a corp you know see the universe and stuff, make a few anecdotes and meet some good people. What do I need to do to start getting involved :)

Sweatypitts
15-02-2012, 02:17 AM
Hey guys im a new character in eve but iv played a bit before. This time around I really want to get into a corp you know see the universe and stuff, make a few anecdotes and meet some good people. What do I need to do to start getting involved :)

Make a character and then join the "rps community" channel in EVE and we'll get you hooked up!

Solskin
16-02-2012, 09:48 PM
Slowly, but surely, I'm downloading the EVE client. I hope I soon can serve as canonfodder for you guys!

kingbiscuit
17-02-2012, 03:04 PM
Slowly, but surely, I'm downloading the EVE client. I hope I soon can serve as canonfodder for you guys!

Good to hear Solskin, as others have said join the RPS Community channel in-game and you'll be acting as a meat-shield in no time.

Also, if you haven't yet made an account you can get a 21 day 'buddy' trial from a current eve subscriber. It's not only a longer trial than the regular one, but if you do choose to subscribe afterwards your buddy can receive a PLEX which is then sold and the profits split evenly between both parties.

Boose!
18-02-2012, 06:14 AM
Hey, are you guys still active? I tried to talk to a few pilots in RPS Community channel, but received some confusing responses ("what's RPS?" etc.). I imagine this was probably facetious, but if you are still recruiting please let me know. I just reactivated and am looking for a few like minded people to pew pew with.

Hanban
18-02-2012, 10:19 AM
Hullo Boose!

We are still recruiting. I hope that the people being trolls were not of our corp. If they were, I'll have a talk with them.

Send an EVE-mail to either BobHound, Hoarr, Richard Mansk or Klyu Ryko about joining and we'll give you further information.

JonnyChimpo
18-02-2012, 11:30 AM
Hello, long time lurker, first time poster. Also interested in giving eve a bash. Can't commit an enormous amount of time at the moment as I'm writing my dissertation but would probably be able to play at least once a week.

Let me know if you're interested in having me on board

Hanban
18-02-2012, 12:37 PM
I was in the same seat as you only a week ago Jonny!

We don't ask that anyone commit their entire life to RPSH (Gara is always on about new recruits' souls, mind you), so any time you can give to the game will be well enough for us. But, of course, the more you play the more you learn so hopefully you'll find time to logg on a bit more as your dissertation takes shape.

Either send an EVE-mail to one of the directors, or ask around in the RPS Community channel about joining.

/Bob

PsyComa
18-02-2012, 12:59 PM
New recruits, do not be afraid. Join the RPS Community channel and ask all your interesting and pertaining questions there! A small faq would read like this

- no, we don't have CTAs (call to arms) - which means there are no obligations in corp. only obligation is to have fun
- we're a pvp-oriented, noob-friendly corp - geared towards getting people into pvp from day 1!
- you can be useful from day 1 as hero tackler or regular tackler, and we provide training, so no worries there!
- the corp can and will provide you not only with tips and training, plus the awesome experience of our corpies, but also with money and, more importantly, ways to make money
- we just acquired the services of a group of brazilian dancers, so I expect some good times.

JonnyChimpo
18-02-2012, 01:06 PM
I was in the same seat as you only a week ago Jonny!

We don't ask that anyone commit their entire life to RPSH (Gara is always on about new recruits' souls, mind you), so any time you can give to the game will be well enough for us. But, of course, the more you play the more you learn so hopefully you'll find time to logg on a bit more as your dissertation takes shape.

Either send an EVE-mail to one of the directors, or ask around in the RPS Community channel about joining.

/Bob

Thanks,

Is someone able to send me a buddy invite so i get the 21 day trial?

Hanban
18-02-2012, 01:15 PM
If you PM me the email address you'll be using I can send you one.

JonnyChimpo
18-02-2012, 01:25 PM
If you PM me the email address you'll be using I can send you one.

Cheers, Done

palindrome
18-02-2012, 02:02 PM
- we just acquired the services of a group of brazilian dancers, so I expect some good times.

Have we? Why have I not heard about this, have you been hoarrding them?

I think that RPSH will take anyone, after all they took me and I'm an utter mong.

A PLEX is worth about 3 fully fitted battleships by the way (in other words about double what I have made in 2 months of play) so an extended trial is well worth it :)

Hoarr
18-02-2012, 03:44 PM
Have we? Why have I not heard about this, have you been hoarrding them?

I see what you did there, what with the horrible word play.

PsyComa
18-02-2012, 04:24 PM
being and outlaw is also not a problem, as someone asked this already today, as long as you don't need to be in highsec. we can provide logi runs and stuff so it shouldn't be a big deal.

also, tolerance to spock is a must.

and regarding palin, just ignore him and his terrible puns!

spec10
18-02-2012, 06:34 PM
All the buzz today finally made me crack .... downloading right now. it's time to dust off my old rifter and maybe take the hulk for a cruise :)

PsyComa
18-02-2012, 09:58 PM
awesome spec! hit us up in channel "RPS Community" and lets be spaceship heroes!

Lakelly
19-02-2012, 02:39 AM
Hi, I'm also quite interested in trying EVE. I live in Singapore, so that might make timing difficult, but perhaps I can still help out a few times a week. I'm here if you need another meatshield to absorb some enemy fire :P

diogynes
19-02-2012, 03:00 AM
never stop trolling the RPS Community channel

diogynes
19-02-2012, 03:38 AM
because everyone in there is terrible

diogynes
19-02-2012, 03:40 AM
like i love the RPSH pilots i flew with in those dark days

but they're all in idol so I can just scam/troll the fuck out of the worthless awfuls right

r3dh0rse
19-02-2012, 03:47 AM
Hi guys...is it too late for another n00b on EVE?

Hanban
19-02-2012, 09:57 AM
@Lakelly , r3dh0rse

Both of you are free to come give us a poke. As stated earlier, we're always in need of meatshields. When you've downloaded the client and logged on make your way to the"
RPS Community" channel and ask one of the members about joining and they should hopefully help you, and not troll you.

/Bob

cairbre
19-02-2012, 01:37 PM
I recently resubbed and would like to hang out with the RPS corp. I am a noob thou even if I have be playing on and off the last few years mostly off always in p v e so no experience in p v p.

Mr Honsou
19-02-2012, 03:34 PM
Been lurking for awhile but decided to open my face at last. Is the corp still looking for new pilots willing to plunder, murder and generally be horrible rocket propelled bastards to those deemed kill on sight?

Had a couple of goes at Eve before but never been able to get a corp that makes the game fun.

Hanban
19-02-2012, 05:16 PM
Look us up, we're still open to anyone who wants to get their hands dirty.

Frostbeard
20-02-2012, 12:05 PM
Been dabbeling with EvE since 2006 (after I initially got tired of WoW for the first time.) Since then I have tried it perhaps 3 times (with new accounts each time just to make it harder..sigh) I have never really played much beyond the first cpl of months. But the last time I managed to get some headway before Cataclysm brought me back to WoW.

I have now tried to consolidate some of my accounts, and want to try again and will joining the open RPSH channel for more information.

RedWurm
20-02-2012, 07:55 PM
Hm, I'll have to drop in too. Just started on the free trial and rather enjoying myself inbetween exploding.

Alikchi
20-02-2012, 08:01 PM
Where do you guys hang out, anyhow? Me and some friends cruised through Syndicate a few weeks ago and didn't see you. Was I wrong to think you were Syndicate dwellers?

ThunderChild
20-02-2012, 10:28 PM
I have a few 21-day trials to give away - so send me a PM if you want one :)

Athion
20-02-2012, 11:11 PM
hi all :) ive been looking to get back into this after being out for about two years now and was wondering if anyone would throw me an invite and the info i need to get signed up to RPS holdings :) if its on the first page though ill just pick it up there :)

hoping to chat to you guys online soon :)

palindrome
20-02-2012, 11:12 PM
You just need to send a message to hoarr in-game or join the RPS community channel.

Athion
20-02-2012, 11:33 PM
oh yeah got that bit was just looking to grab one of those 21 day invites as i want to start of with a nice fresh start :) iv pm'd ThunderChild to see if he still has some :)

Hoarr
21-02-2012, 12:23 AM
like i love the RPSH pilots i flew with in those dark days

but they're all in idol so I can just scam/troll the fuck out of the worthless awfuls right

hmmmmmm..... My ducktroll senses are tingling. Are you a spai?

amishmonster
21-02-2012, 01:43 AM
Alikchi: I think we're transitioning into Syndicate; a few weeks ago we were still in wormhole. I think. I'm still a noob so I've been on the border of low-sec the whole time. In any case, you didn't miss us!

ThunderChild
21-02-2012, 07:38 AM
oh yeah got that bit was just looking to grab one of those 21 day invites as i want to start of with a nice fresh start :) iv pm'd ThunderChild to see if he still has some :)

Turns out I need an email address to hand these ones out - so please supply me with an email address if you want one of these! I have plenty left though :)

Athion
21-02-2012, 01:52 PM
Turns out I need an email address to hand these ones out - so please supply me with an email address if you want one of these! I have plenty left though :)

ok cool sent you a msg with the email :)

Frostbeard
21-02-2012, 02:19 PM
Was accept in yesterday. Must say I felt welcomed and I got a little taste of how EvE can be. I was canflipped (a new expression I learned yesterday) but was wise enough to ask in corp chat. Two other pilots was then kind enough to mobilize and sped to dispatch of the aggressor, but sadly the "aggression timer" went out (just) before action could be made. Thumbs up

ThunderChild
23-02-2012, 11:46 AM
The 21-day free trials are going fast - PM me if you're in the least bit interested - before they all go! Remember to supply an email address :)

Athion
24-02-2012, 09:05 AM
thanks for the invite thunder :) havent been able to really get on yet cause of chaos at work but ill hopefully be on tonight and a nice amount of the weekend to introduce myself online to everyone thats on :) and hopefully get my list of lost ships setup and ready to start recording my record amount of wrecks :P

Hoarr
25-02-2012, 03:28 PM
Great, Hope to see you on there soon Athion

Burn
26-02-2012, 05:28 PM
Ok, I actually have an account as old as 2004, I have no idea what my character has in terms of skills (I heard it all changed since I last played). I think I was able to fly a Wolf back then. Say, if I re-activate to see if corporate gameplay is actually really involving (versus roaming alone trying to find stuff to do), how do I get in touch with you guys?

kingbiscuit
26-02-2012, 05:46 PM
All you need to do is log in and join the 'RPS Community' chat channel. If we're online, we'll be in there talking rubbish.

ThunderChild
26-02-2012, 05:55 PM
Hi Burn, if you can fly a pod, you're good enough for us :D

Feel free to add Hoarr to your watch list in game, then ask him for an invite when he comes online.

Hope to see you in game!

Burn
26-02-2012, 06:24 PM
I'll renew for a month, probably will have to spend the first 15 days to understand everything again. I have no idea how the skill system changed, nor how my old training will migrate to the new one. Downloading the client now, will see you in the next days.

chewbaccasdad
26-02-2012, 06:31 PM
Hello.

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Have been thinking about getting back into Eve, have played on and off over the past couple of years, and saw that there was an RPS corp. I've just been through the tribulations of recovering my account, and thought I would see how one goes about getting an invite.

IIRC (and I could be RC wrongly) my main character can fly Caldari BS and them there sneaky cloaky frigs, but the only reason I can do that is because in my last corp I spent so little time actually doing things with other players, all I could do was skill up and run missions. I'd rather be strapped to a rocket with a warp scrambler in my hands than farting about in station basically.

I presume I should just find the RPS Community channel when I manage to get back online?

Hanban
26-02-2012, 06:39 PM
Indeed! Find yourself there and give us a shout!

ThunderChild
26-02-2012, 06:39 PM
I presume I should just find the RPS Community channel when I manage to get back online?

Hi Chewbaccasdad

Yeh, joining the "RPS community" chat channel is the best bet - then keep an eye out for Bobhound, Hoarr or Tigran.

Mic and mumble is required! :)

chewbaccasdad
26-02-2012, 06:41 PM
Ok cool. I can do mic and I'm sure I can do mumble. Give me some time to reacquaint myself with the basics and I'll give y'all a shout :)

ThunderChild
26-02-2012, 07:07 PM
Awesome, see you in game chew :)

chewbaccasdad
27-02-2012, 06:13 PM
Heh, my main toon can't join the corp cos it is based in Gallente space and the frogs do not like me :) I feel like I've forgotten too much with my main anyway. I have another toon, Wilja Olacar, who I am going to skill up and I will apply to the corp when I feel like I can be useful. I've always wanted a laser shooting Amarr toon. I'll be hanging around the RPS Community channel so expect to see me there, being a noob.

Aetherblade
28-02-2012, 12:32 AM
Hey people! I'm new on this forum (although I've been following the website for ages) and saw in that last post about eve on the front page that there was a RPS eve corp. Now, I'm semi-noob. As in: I've played some of the game and love going nuts on the market and combat details. So, do you need a trader/long range missle spammer? I'm Caldari by the way, dunno if thats a problem. Also I haven't played in a year orso due to the lack of a cool corp, but this might get met started again, so how do I sign up and what am I supposed to do after? (I don't really want to check 20+ pages for that :D) (plus is there voip? or do we use fleet chat and so on?)

limitedkp
28-02-2012, 10:43 AM
re-downloading client now. tried eve solo for a bit, but couldn't really get a handle on things. looking forward to being cannon fodder

Hanban
28-02-2012, 10:47 AM
@Aetherblade

You'll find us in the channel RPS Community. Voice comms is a must for the corp as it is a great help in fleet situations.

@limitedkp

Hope you'll find EVE more enjoyable this time around!

limitedkp
28-02-2012, 11:23 AM
me too. i think a lot of what ruined it for me before what having nobody else to fly with. my one friend who played kept running off to do Cool Fun Stuff and left me in the dirt

ThunderChild
28-02-2012, 11:54 AM
I'm Caldari by the way, dunno if thats a problem. Also I haven't played in a year orso due to the lack of a cool corp, but this might get met started again, so how do I sign up and what am I supposed to do after? (I don't really want to check 20+ pages for that :D) (plus is there voip? or do we use fleet chat and so on?)

Hiya,

I still have some 21-day trials left if you want one - PM me your email address.

Caldari is fine and they have some awesome ships.

As Bob said, find us in the RPS Community channel. We use mumble for fleet comms.

@ limitedkp

That doesn't sound much like a friend! If you can fly a frig, we'll take you on our roams :) you'll have to make them cheap and disposable at the start, but we definitely take a 'more the merrier' approach to fleet ops.

KrizzB
28-02-2012, 12:52 PM
Heya

I played Eve for a few months but didn't really get the hang of it or really got hooked, but i have always felt there was more to it than what i experienced.
I feel like starting over with a new char and maby ressurecting my old one if the economy allows it, but is there anyone who has a buddy invite i could use?

Would love to do some pvp with my fellow RPS readers :D

Cheers

Hoarr
28-02-2012, 12:55 PM
Hey KrizzB, PM just sent.

Hoarr
28-02-2012, 12:58 PM
(this is a repost from the article comments)

Anyone who is doubting how effective you can be right from the start, one of our new FCs just took a gang out last night with rather spectacular results: http://rpsh.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=12578362. The entire cost of the gang used to kill that battleship was somewhere around a 30 - 40 mil; roughly a fifth of the cost.

Aetherblade
28-02-2012, 01:45 PM
k, people ill be coming online next thursday then :D looking forward to it again. eve is so awesome when you have a cool corp (to stab in the back :P)

FriendlyFire
28-02-2012, 10:06 PM
I've decided to download the client, played around through the basic tutorial yet again. Slightly confused on a thing or two (the tutorial decided to give up on me, had to restart the game and toy with things a bit), but it all seems fine so far.

Decided to change my usual Gallente fetish for Amarr because the ships looked neat. I'm hoping to join RPS Holdings to see what "real" EVE is supposed to be, because lone wolf EVE never really grabbed me. How do I get around to joining?

ThunderChild
28-02-2012, 10:34 PM
Hi FriendlyFire, the best way is to join the 'RPS community' chat channel and keep an eye out for Hoarr or Bobhound, or any other RPSH member for that matter - give us a shout and we can get the ball rolling.

We generally recommend people try the combat tutorials you get offered, and perhaps any others that take your fancy, then move onto the Sisters of Eve epic quest chain (http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/The_Blood-Stained_Stars). This will keep you busy for a couple of days, and should make you enough money to buy a couple of frigs to play around with - so once you're recruited you should be ready to go.

PM me if you have any questions. Hope to see you in game!

pilot13
29-02-2012, 03:04 PM
Hey, resubbed last night. My character has a few months of skills on him, but for all intents and purposes I'm a total noob that happens to have a fairly competent (but no means great) grasp of the hideous ui. I actually can't even remember how drones work, so there you go.

I'm genuinely interested in doing some pvp and maybe some nullsec stuff, I was in the RPS community channel last night and this morning and meant to ask, but I'm not sure what it is you guys get up to or if you have a schedule for roams and the like. I'll be around over the weekend in game, my character's called Brutor Rosso.

Hoarr
29-02-2012, 03:54 PM
I look forward to seeing you in game. Next time you are on, ask in the channel for one of the directors or one of our recruiters. They will get you cracking. I'll see you soon.

mentor07825
01-03-2012, 07:12 PM
I also hang around in the RPS Holdings channel for talk and I'm always available to help over the weekend when I'm on. When I'm not please feel free to mail me in game and I'll get back as soon as possible. I usually check my messages twice a day.

-Darth Brole.

mentor07825
01-03-2012, 07:33 PM
Oh, and these are always good for a laugh. Join them.

Swanny
01-03-2012, 09:40 PM
Downloading client now- anyone there who can pm me a 21-day invite? I'll be buying at least a month of game time.

ThunderChild
01-03-2012, 10:21 PM
PMed you Swanny :)

Downloading client now- anyone there who can pm me a 21-day invite? I'll be buying at least a month of game time.

SkippyMcGee
02-03-2012, 08:36 PM
Hey guys,

Wooo first post! Anyway, I've been playing eve on and off for several years now, and I think it's great. Unfortunately the 21 days they give you may not be enough to really tell if you like the game or not, although the new player experience has improved since I started. While I'm heavily involved with a corporation (Es and Whizz) and so won't be joining RPSH, I do happen to have a 60 day trial time code left over from the holiday promo that should work, should anyone want to try the game longer than 21 days. None of my friends are interested, so I'd be happy to pass it on to someone who wants to take a spin with eve of just hang out with awesome RPS peeps online. Send me a PM if you're interested, I'll update this post if/when its gone.

Hoarr
03-03-2012, 02:55 PM
Skippy, Thanks for the offer. If anyone is interested, it'd be a great way to get into the game.

MegaPigeon
04-03-2012, 12:51 AM
Howdy!

I've played Eve on and off for years now on a handful of accounts but never really got into the meat of the game. I played it for two months last year but exams got in the way and I didn't really get the chance to get back into it. Would love to join the RPS corp, seeing how it sounds exactly like my sort of thing.

Any chance of bumming some game time of someone? :P

ShEsHy
04-03-2012, 03:42 AM
Howdy!Any chance of bumming some game time of someone? :P
If you want a 21day invite, send me your email address and I'll send it to you.

swede
05-03-2012, 08:45 PM
Hi there!

Me and Eve go back a long way. Over the years, I have been tempted into resubbing for a month pretty much once a year (only ever for a month or two) because of some new feature or update, or by reading romantic space stories and anecdotes.

I have grinded, and grinded and grinded and actually quite enjoy the grind, I have a Hulk and an Amarr Abaddon and have good certificates for each of these vessels.

I have pretty much stuck to mining and mission running all in hi-sec space. I have run lots of lvl3 and some lvl 4 missions, and have around 10-15million SPs. I have never been below 0.4 sec and have never had a PvP fight!

But for me to resub again, I want to be a part of the 'bigger picture' and remove myself from the single player grind and actually play for fun.

So, I am thinking about resubbing and applying for a position in the RPS corp. I will say that my gameplay will still have to be fairly casual as I have a young 'un and time is precious - it'll mostly be after 9pm ish uk time. So I'll follow the advice given to others on this thread and join a the RPS channel. My in game name will be Trumbledown, I hope it can 'click' for me a bit more this time. (I'm fully aware that I have only scratched the surface on what the game has to offer).

My first RPS post, but have been a reader for a long time now.

Cheers.

Hanban
05-03-2012, 09:14 PM
Hello Swede, good to see ya.

Having responsibilities outside of EVE is not an issue for people in the corp. Most of us have them to varying degrees, and hence we are very understanding of this fact. If you want to hit us up fell free to do so. We will very shortly be putting a recruitment stop on the corporation as we've swelled severely in size and need a bit of time to settle everybody into the daily life of EVE.

hoof
08-03-2012, 11:33 AM
Hi! I have played EVE on and off for years in small doses, but never found a home in a corp, and eventually I end up feeling intimidated by the game and run away. I even joined EVE university last year to see if that helped, but that actually made me feel ever more intimidated than before...

Anyway, I am going to start a new trial account and would love to try out life in RPSH and see if I can finally unravel the mysteries of EVE, assuming you haven't stopped recruitment and can fit one more in. I'll pop into the RPS community channel when I get up and running.

Eezee
08-03-2012, 08:58 PM
Just have fun instead of being intimidated. Also anybody that wants to play this game should get a buddy key and have the inviter give you a plex. He will instantly get the Plex back through the reward program and you have a subscribed account with 51 days gametime.

frenz0rz
08-04-2012, 07:15 PM
Are you gents still recruiting? I gave EVE a good go last summer with a trial key and probably tried to bite off a bit more than I could chew. Combined with the fact that all I ever seemed to be doing was running missions on my own (was waiting for a corp invite, I think you had a lot of new players at the time), I decided not to sub once my trial ended.

Anyway, I've got a ton of free time atm and am thinking of giving the game another go. Will you have room for me in RPSH? I just cant see myself sticking with it if all I'm doing is running solo missions ad infinitum.

grasskit
11-04-2012, 05:39 PM
rpsh is a good bunch to join, and as everyone knows joining a (good) corp is primary reason that keeps people playing. also anyone that needs 21day trial pm me.

mentor07825
13-04-2012, 02:35 PM
Agreed. RPSH is a good place to join. Even if you're new, they're fun.

MrEvind
25-04-2012, 12:52 AM
I joined RPSH 2 months ago, and while still in training, it has changed the game for me totally. Atm RPSH is giving us the ships we loose in PVP and we have training sessions for us new guys. Resubbing was worth it!

Let one of us know if you need a 21-day trial and join us in the RPS Community channel. But please do the tutorial if you havn't yet.

mentor07825
26-04-2012, 11:51 AM
I joined RPSH 2 months ago, and while still in training, it has changed the game for me totally. Atm RPSH is giving us the ships we loose in PVP and we have training sessions for us new guys. Resubbing was worth it!

Let one of us know if you need a 21-day trial and join us in the RPS Community channel. But please do the tutorial if you havn't yet.

I would also like to point out that if they wish to live a bit more dangerously then there is an unofficial RPS corp that lives in wormhole space. I wouldn't recommend it if you're brand spanking new to the game though.

And if you wish to try null sec space I unfortunately do not know of any RPS corp that has any places in null sec. Mine is nice enough though.

MrEvind
26-04-2012, 05:29 PM
I would also like to point out that if they wish to live a bit more dangerously then there is an unofficial RPS corp that lives in wormhole space. I wouldn't recommend it if you're brand spanking new to the game though.

And if you wish to try null sec space I unfortunately do not know of any RPS corp that has any places in null sec. Mine is nice enough though.

We are currently in 0sec.

PsyComa
26-04-2012, 09:33 PM
Hah, this is awesome. Darth, thanks for the heads up regarding the (now defunct) unofficial wormhole corp.

Yeah, it's dead because Gara is basically the worst person you could choose to follow. But whatever, rpsh is going through big things!

Also stop poaching people!

Hoarr
27-04-2012, 01:45 AM

Troll post is hilariously troll. The spectacularly terrible WH corp has now folded, AS WE ALL SUSPECTED IT WOULD. Now that we've derailed the thread since no one joining will understand the drama llama associated with this post, RPSH is absolutely still recruiting. If anyone is interested in joining, please either let us know here or in game at the "RPS Community" channel.

PsyComa
27-04-2012, 01:47 AM
I feel offended.

This is not the end!

aethereal
27-04-2012, 05:25 AM
Hey, I was wondering what the corp does primarily/what role would a new-ish pilot occupy? I quite EvE after about two months of play because I couldn't find a fun, populated corp to join, but i would seriously consider it if i could join one with some cool people :)
(just to clarify, I have skills up to BS, but mostly caldari and missile, along with advanced assault frigs and a bit of ecm. When i was still playing, my goal was to slowly work towards a Nightmare.)

PsyComa
27-04-2012, 02:04 PM
Hey bud!

New-ish pilots can do the same we do, that is basically having fun trolling kuro and pewing stuff. You can be useful flying anything from a frig up. If you want to check us out, by all means, go to the rps community channel!

mehall
05-05-2012, 12:12 AM
I am a Gallente pilot with reasonable mining skills and can pilot barges/destroyers and Gallente Cruisers, as well as Gallente and Caldari frigates. I'm using my current training time to get my core competencies up as I didn't already have them, but I want to join a corp and getting playing the "real" EVE. I haven't played for any length since my first foray almost 2 years ago now I think.

PsyComa
05-05-2012, 04:36 PM
Come talk to us in the "RPS Community" channel, bud! o/

PsyComa
15-05-2012, 09:06 PM
We're still recruiting. Also: bittervets are welcome!

mentor07825
16-05-2012, 04:33 PM
Troll post is hilariously troll. The spectacularly terrible WH corp has now folded, AS WE ALL SUSPECTED IT WOULD. Now that we've derailed the thread since no one joining will understand the drama llama associated with this post, RPSH is absolutely still recruiting. If anyone is interested in joining, please either let us know here or in game at the "RPS Community" channel.

I didn't know it folded. It has been two months or so since I last played, college. Last I was talking to the guys in RPS Community channel they were doing it. Wished them the best of luck and that was that.

In my previous posts though I have said that RPS Holdings is a good corp to join if you're new and I still standby that. Don't assume that everything I say is a troll, just perhaps out dated informtation, unfortunately.

mentor07825
16-05-2012, 04:34 PM
Hah, this is awesome. Darth, thanks for the heads up regarding the (now defunct) unofficial wormhole corp.

Yeah, it's dead because Gara is basically the worst person you could choose to follow. But whatever, rpsh is going through big things!

Also stop poaching people!

I can never stop poaching people, it's what I do ;)

PsyComa
16-05-2012, 05:01 PM
Darth, hoarr was trolling me when answering you, bud. Cheer up

He just takes any stab he can at Gara's Spaceship Revolution, which ended very badly but as all true revolutions should, worked wonders on paper.

Anyway we're also poaching, so consider tagging along. Don't be a renter or a pet, be a hero!

Blackcompany
20-05-2012, 12:38 AM
After much research I would like to try EVE online. The idea of being able to leap into PVP soon is appealing, as well, so long as I have others at my back. (I hear it gets lonely out in the black otherwise.)

What would I need to do to get the invite? Should I get the client first, and create an account? Or do I need to wait and perform these actions after an invite?

Also, if we split the ISK and I end up not enjoying things, I will return as much as I have left.

Thanks ahead of time.

PsyComa
20-05-2012, 01:50 AM
Black, install the client ASAP so we can get the ball rolling. Also send me a PM with your e-mail so i can send an invite your way. You'll make an account from that invite and then sign in throught the client, and become an instant internet spaceship hero!

Blackcompany
20-05-2012, 04:17 AM
Psy: Left you a message with my gaming related email. I am on US East coast time and utterly exhausted tonight. I am downloading the client now and should have everything up and ready no later than about 9a-10a tomorrow, US East Coast time.

Thanks again.

PsyComa
20-05-2012, 04:20 AM
Invite sent, cya in space! Look for us in RPS Community channel, I'm dude macguy / gara diavolo / maverick one / everyone else!

gemennemeg
20-05-2012, 11:23 AM
what is the basic civility?

PsyComa
20-05-2012, 02:39 PM
Depends, we have some people from the woods but overall we're very well behaved.

Blackcompany
20-05-2012, 05:05 PM
Well...tried EVE for 3 hours this morning. In game name is Ravyrn. Got through the Gallente Tutorial missions - until "The Academy." I needed to get the Free Operating License and take it to Aura. Well, I got the license, and she is at the Academy.

But the mission just stays in Offered status. No way to complete it. So...after 3hrs I am hopelessly stuck and frankly not really looking forward to the idea of starting over again. If anyone has any pointers on how to get past this, I would appreciate it.

PsyComa
20-05-2012, 05:12 PM
Black, hit us at the RPS Community channel so we can help you, but I take it you're in the destination location? Review the dialog for the mission and check if all points have a check on it - see if there's anything lacking.

mentor07825
22-05-2012, 05:07 PM
Darth, hoarr was trolling me when answering you, bud. Cheer up

He just takes any stab he can at Gara's Spaceship Revolution, which ended very badly but as all true revolutions should, worked wonders on paper.

Anyway we're also poaching, so consider tagging along. Don't be a renter or a pet, be a hero!

All good :) May be in a renter alliance but we're finally on the map and we shoot the landlords on occasion. I can shoot the landorlds and I have plenty of Russians to shoot (Some may remember I hate them in the game with a burning genocidal fiery flame of fucking fury) so I'm quiet happy where I'm at :) The people I'm with are good fun :) Thanks for the invite though.

Always wanted to see what it was like being in RPS in an MMO. Tried in Perpetuum but they kicked me in the space of ten minutes with no reason, and refused to talk to me afterwards. :P

I'm hoping to get back in the game in the next couple of weeks though, college is nearly over!! \o/

PsyComa
22-05-2012, 05:26 PM
You were kicked for no reason?

THE GALL OF THESE PEOPLE! I can't imagine you ever doing ANYTHING to warrant being kicked, right? Right?? :)

Also please enlighten me how does that "i can shoot the landlords" thing works. Isn't that, like, counter-productive?

AgitoBlues
23-05-2012, 05:15 PM
Sup, since EVE Inferno is now $6.90 on Steam, I no longer have any excuses of not getting finally into EVE.

It was known to me that it is a common practice to get referrals from existing players for a longer trial period, and of course, the crucial PLEX split when the subs kicks in. Anyone into it?

So ya, I need to some place to start and I guess RPS is a good enough choice, you guys seem... civil.

Also, I heard that the free PLEX referral program doesn't work on steam purchase, is that true?

mentor07825
23-05-2012, 07:04 PM
You were kicked for no reason?

THE GALL OF THESE PEOPLE! I can't imagine you ever doing ANYTHING to warrant being kicked, right? Right?? :)

Also please enlighten me how does that "i can shoot the landlords" thing works. Isn't that, like, counter-productive?

Well...when I found out that the game had a bio for your character and I had no warnings in the game I took full advantage of it, as I usually do. Shortly after I announced that I made my bio I got kicked @'__'@
But you're absolutely right! The gall of those people are incredible!! Clearly I'm too good for them and I got bored with my robot. It didn't have lasers, and that's just not cool.

You know, originally I thought so too. But it's awesome. The landlords wants people to shoot at, so they refuse to make people blue. That means that we can roam in their space and shoot them, and they have roamed into our space and shoot us too. As long as we don't assault POSs and such, they won't as well and it's all good. Honestly, having a few neuts around close by is awesome. Means that I don't have to fly the gauntlet looking for scrubs thinking gate camping is the way to go for PvP.

We're expecting them to be kicked out or pulling out eventually. So when I spoke to the Fuher of the alliance he said that he's been talking with all the members and telling them to stockpile weapons and ships and await for the shitstorm. We've now hit a thousand peeps or so and he's waiting for the day for the fight to come to us. Honestly I cannot wait, a bit of drama is always good and it teaches people PvP. Nothing beats suicidal stealth bombing, but it's a good start for them.

And if I'm not happy with where I'm at anymore I'll re-open a corp I created a few months ago, Flying Rainbow Unicorns. That or join you guys, spy my way to the top, and eventually rename the corp Flying Rainbow Unicorns or something similar. It'll be pretty, oh so pretty. Yes, very pretty.

AgitoBlues
23-05-2012, 07:12 PM
Also, I heard that the free PLEX referral program doesn't work on steam purchase, is that true?

Oh nvm disregard that, steam is selling the cd key not a sub, but still, any invites?

mentor07825
23-05-2012, 08:04 PM
Oh nvm disregard that, steam is selling the cd key not a sub, but still, any invites?

Unfortunately I cannot give any, as my account is not subbed at the moment. However, this forum is checked on a frequent basis so someone from RPS Holdings will get back to you :)

Hanban
23-05-2012, 08:49 PM
@Agito

Heard some swell guys are on the way here to help you out!

I am sadly inactive so I can't help you out. But I'll gladly laugh at you when you face the despair of the EVE learning curve.

Hoarr
23-05-2012, 09:29 PM
BOOOOOOOB!!!! When do you plan on returning to us, dude? We miss your beehive.

Agito, I've sent a pm to you for the invite.

PsyComa
23-05-2012, 10:46 PM
We're expecting them to be kicked out or pulling out eventually. So when I spoke to the Fuher of the alliance he said that he's been talking with all the members and telling them to stockpile weapons and ships and await for the shitstorm. We've now hit a thousand peeps or so and he's waiting for the day for the fight to come to us. Honestly I cannot wait, a bit of drama is always good and it teaches people PvP. Nothing beats suicidal stealth bombing, but it's a good start for them.

What exactly is going on, my good man?

acornlad12
24-05-2012, 01:47 AM
Hey guys, just finished the ​gallentean tutorial missions and I'd love to join the corp.

PsyComa
24-05-2012, 02:03 PM
Hey guys, just finished the ​gallentean tutorial missions and I'd love to join the corp.

Go talk to us in the RPS Community in-game channel!

mentor07825
24-05-2012, 03:26 PM
What exactly is going on, my good man?

Honestly? Not a clue. Our landlords are -A- and they've been wanting Wicked Creek for awhile. But you know how it is in null sec, nothing is exactly stable and if Goonswarm gives them a headache then they're going to want to move a lot of their people close to the North, leaving Wicked Creek empty. Then someone comes in, kicks them out and we pay rent to them. It's a cycle the Fuher has seen and gone through on several occasions.

He only told me this because I asked him if we're going to finally use that thousand people to good use, aka no longer be renters, he said he's not interested in rocking the boat at the moment because he doesn't know how stable the situation with the landlords are. He thinks there's going to be a shitstorm eventually, which is why most of the new people are PvP people. I'm looking forward to a shitstorm, been ages since I last got into fleet operations that didn't involve just myself in a stealth bomber.

I should be in game in the next week or two. Going to come in with a PLEX to get a Tengu because ratting in a Legion sucks and I need to pay for my subscription in game now. Don't have the moneh anymore.

PsyComa
24-05-2012, 03:40 PM
We've been recently hunting in sov nullsec and lemme tell you something, those dudes are bad. ie: http://rpsh.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=13445656

mentor07825
24-05-2012, 04:14 PM
Wow....just wow....That's an awesome KM but dude, that's pathetic performance. NC...to be honest I don't know what to think of NC. I've never gone up against them and I've never seen them around. Although from what little I know most nullsec alliances don't care for them it seems.

Very nice kill though :) Dude should be smart :P Well, I hope to be back soon. I'm really looking forward to it. Plan to spend a week carebearing it up to get the Plex and whatever money, and after that do some solo PvP. Going to change my skills soon for the Curse. I can already get into one and I have all the good stuff, except the drones. One thing I'm missing. After that I'm going to have a blast :)

PsyComa
24-05-2012, 08:24 PM
Good luck bro. Too bad you're in the wrong place :)

What.
25-05-2012, 04:12 AM
I dont know whats going on but I'd like to give this a shot. Could someone PM me with a buddy invite? I like spaceships.

/got one now, thanks!

PsyComa
25-05-2012, 02:02 PM
I dont know whats going on but I'd like to give this a shot. Could someone PM me with a buddy invite? I like spaceships.

Done! Sent you a pm, will need your e-mail to send the invite. Hit us up in RPS Community and when you sub, i'll give you half of the Plex won from the buddy system :D

mentor07825
25-05-2012, 02:05 PM
Done! Sent you a pm, will need your e-mail to send the invite. Hit us up in RPS Community and when you sub, i'll give you half of the Plex won from the buddy system :D

Making a killing, one half plex at a time. Like a boss. :)

Also I'd like to think I'm in the right place :P Why, what does RPS Holdings do now, while I've been gone? :)

PsyComa
25-05-2012, 02:10 PM
We kick ass and chew bubblegum! And we're out of ass...

..actually that's not true. We have loads of ass :P

Dude, we're a small gang pvp focused corp, so you know, go out in small groups, swarm a ~leet pvper~ (http://rpsh.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=13423212), have some laughs (http://rpsh.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=13423202) and learn in the process!

mentor07825
25-05-2012, 04:25 PM
We kick ass and chew bubblegum! And we're out of ass...

..actually that's not true. We have loads of ass :P

Dude, we're a small gang pvp focused corp, so you know, go out in small groups, swarm a ~leet pvper~ (http://rpsh.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=13423212), have some laughs (http://rpsh.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=13423202) and learn in the process!

That's awesome, and best of luck :) But I'm happy where I am :P I'll keep you guys in mind though in the future @__@

PsyComa
25-05-2012, 04:38 PM
sure. but once you're back you should tag along for one of our roams :)

mentor07825
26-05-2012, 01:39 AM
sure. but once you're back you should tag along for one of our roams :)

Sounds like a good plan :) I'd like that, definately :) Do you guys fly any particular ships for roams, or just whatever?

Alikchi
26-05-2012, 02:08 AM
When did y'all get into Clockwork Pineapple? GROON is cool.

PsyComa
26-05-2012, 03:37 AM
we mostly fly kitchen sink fleets because those are the funniest. also a lot of new recruits, always, so we have enought meatsh.. er i mean tackle.

mentor07825
26-05-2012, 11:55 AM
we mostly fly kitchen sink fleets because those are the funniest. also a lot of new recruits, always, so we have enought meatsh.. er i mean tackle.

A wall of meatsh...shit...tackle is awesome :) Well, I'm thinking of resubbing today ^_^ I like to fly small and fast, and call my ships inapporpriate names :P

Sidian
26-05-2012, 01:17 PM
I've always wanted to get properly into Eve Online but never gotten past the trial periods of the 21 days. I just sort of get sick of staring at Evemon and wondering "When will I be able to have fun?" - it seems to take forever before you can be good enough to do fun stuff like, I don't know, fly out into 0.0 and be a pirate or etc. Some people I've spoken to about this even said I'd need 2 accounts if I wanted to go and be an outlaw. Crazy.

On another note, do any of you guys have experience using covert ops / black ops ships? Are they worth it? Fun to fly? That's perhaps what I'd aim for if I started, but I know it'd take me untold months to get to such a stage, which is what prevents me from subbing.

PsyComa
26-05-2012, 02:03 PM
Sidian,

Covops frigs can be yours quite quickly - that includes a stealth bomber. Of course having good skills takes time. The black ops, however, is a whole different beast...

Also, we're not ebil piwates. We kill stuff because we like to, not because we have to pay the bills. Give it a try!

Coodu
26-05-2012, 03:30 PM
Hi guys,

Thinking of coming back to EVE Online, I haven't played in about a year and to be honest can't even remember my account details. I never got too far into it (I think up to a Retriever as a miner and some missions etc) But I thought I'd register and post here since I'd like to play with some decent mature folks doing whatever I can to help. I'll probably just make a new account so if someone wants to refer me go ahead :)

I play from Australia so +10 GMT, hopefully there's some activity in the corp around that time. I used to play with a fair few UK folks at night in my old accounts corp (Long disbanded).

Plan to start playing tomorrow letting the client DL tonight. Let me know I'd love to get right back into it. :)

Cheers.

PsyComa
26-05-2012, 03:33 PM
PM me your e-mail so i can send an invite!

Coodu
26-05-2012, 03:55 PM
Sent a PM your way mate, I'll be on tomorrow for a good chunk of the day just doing tutorials again and refreshing myself with the game. Coodu will be my character name.

PsyComa
26-05-2012, 04:57 PM
Sent a PM your way mate, I'll be on tomorrow for a good chunk of the day just doing tutorials again and refreshing myself with the game. Coodu will be my character name.

Sent the invite, find us at RPS Community!