PDA

View Full Version : Eve Online: RPS Holdings is looking for new pilots

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Stellar Duck
27-05-2012, 04:20 PM
I've decided to give EVE another bash and see if this is the time I stick with it. Signed up for the 14 day trial and downloading as I write.

I was wondering if RPSH might be the thing that got me going on the game good and proper. So I'll do the basic stuff and get up to speed with the mechanics again, but after that, I think I'll see about RPSH. Would that be alright?

PsyComa
27-05-2012, 05:20 PM
Forget the 14 day trial, send me your email through PM so i can send you a 21 days free invite. if you sub i get a plex and split the cash with ya. go!

Stellar Duck
27-05-2012, 05:53 PM
Forget the 14 day trial, send me your email through PM so i can send you a 21 days free invite. if you sub i get a plex and split the cash with ya. go!

Eh. I'm having some weird issues with the PM system. I've no idea if I managed to send the PM. If not, my e-mail is [redacted].

mentor07825
28-05-2012, 06:24 PM
Eh. I'm having some weird issues with the PM system. I've no idea if I managed to send the PM. If not, my e-mail is [redacted].

You can also send in-game mail and check by using Eve Online's Facebook (like) service. The link is https://gate.eveonline.com/, very handy if you're at work.

Stellar Duck
29-05-2012, 05:30 PM
You can also send in-game mail and check by using Eve Online's Facebook (like) service. The link is https://gate.eveonline.com/, very handy if you're at work.

That's pretty useful. I had no idea stuff like that existed. Thanks.

And a shoty status report: I rolled a minmatar lady and am now doing tutorials and trying to figure everything out. Guild Wars and The Old Republic being my only MMO experiences, this is quite a different beast. But so far I'm having fun figuring it all out and seeing what's what.

mentor07825
29-05-2012, 08:52 PM
That's pretty useful. I had no idea stuff like that existed. Thanks.

And a shoty status report: I rolled a minmatar lady and am now doing tutorials and trying to figure everything out. Guild Wars and The Old Republic being my only MMO experiences, this is quite a different beast. But so far I'm having fun figuring it all out and seeing what's what.

All good :) Yes, this is a very different MMO than those two. Both of which I played. Minmatar isn't a bad choice, just a slave race :P Do all the tutorials, and then the advanced ones afterwards. It's worth it and not bad money. Then move on to do the Sister's Epic Quest in Arnon (if I remember the system's name correctly). Very good money and definately worth your time.

Stellar Duck
29-05-2012, 11:11 PM
All good :) Yes, this is a very different MMO than those two. Both of which I played. Minmatar isn't a bad choice, just a slave race :P Do all the tutorials, and then the advanced ones afterwards. It's worth it and not bad money. Then move on to do the Sister's Epic Quest in Arnon (if I remember the system's name correctly). Very good money and definately worth your time.

Yea, I'm certainly not going anywhere before I've done all the tutorials. This really strikes me as a game that you'd be foolish to just wade blindly into. :)

I've made a note of your advice and will do that when I'm sorted out.

One last observation for now: considering this is a game where I mostly play as a space ship the char creator is damn detailed. I'm aware of all the fuss with Incarna and the clothing store, but I hadn't really imagined that they'd put this amount of detail in the characters. I guess at least I look good when I'm not a space ship. :)

And no matter if the game frequently baffles me: pretty space! I love space!

PsyComa
29-05-2012, 11:20 PM
Stellar, everything mentor said! And drop us a line in the community chat, we can help.

Also be aware we won't refer to you as Duck because we already have a duck(slayer), a troll of epic proportions and legendary fame, so you'll be Stellar. :)

Stellar Duck
30-05-2012, 08:28 PM
Stellar, everything mentor said! And drop us a line in the community chat, we can help.

Also be aware we won't refer to you as Duck because we already have a duck(slayer), a troll of epic proportions and legendary fame, so you'll be Stellar. :)

Stellar is fine. That's what most people call me on the RPS-O-Chat-2300 in any case. :)

Boris
31-05-2012, 04:59 PM
I'm still debating if I want to sink regular money into an MMO, so how far away is paying for subscription time with ISK? I'm fine with one-time purchases, but recurring costs not so much, being a student and all.

PsyComa
31-05-2012, 05:17 PM
Boris, you can do it as soon as you're running level 4 missions. That should take you something like 3-4 months? maybe more, probably not less.

If you're a decent trader you can start paying with isk at your 2nd month (1st has to be rl cash anyways), but that requires brains and spreadsheet skills.

Hoarr
31-05-2012, 05:50 PM
Trading is certainly the best way to make money at eve, but not everyone can do it. This guy managed to make enough in his first month to pay for two months playtime and is now reddit's faction warfare corp CEO. http://fulldisclosureeve.wordpress.com/

Granted he already had knowledge of the game, but he only used money he made on that character.

Sidian
31-05-2012, 06:15 PM
A lot of corps when you join them seem to suggest you immediately upon starting pod your way down to their low sec base of operations. How wise is this? I mean, isn't it best to stay in high sec for awhile to do missions? I'm assuming you have to be in high sec to do level 1/2 missions etc? Or am I wrong?

Hanban
31-05-2012, 07:24 PM
Typically we recommend you stay in High-Sec until you're fairly comfortable flying your ship. After you've done the tutorials you do the Sisters of EVE epic arc and after that you're ready to have your clone face the vacuum of space.

Sidian
31-05-2012, 08:23 PM
Do you have to go back to high sec to do other missions? Or can you do them in low sec?

Hoarr
31-05-2012, 08:52 PM
Sidian, we actually don't generally suggest people fly missions period. It's a fairly soul crushing activity once you've gotten a hold of the game and doesn't really give that much isk as a reward. Exploration is much more profitable and can be fairly interesting.

I take it that whatever corp you're in is living in lowsec? If so, the exploration there is great. You can make a decent amount of isk running the sites with cruisers and a salvage destroyer.

This is actually how the guys that joined in the middle of last year made most of their money for the first few months.

Sidian
31-05-2012, 09:31 PM
I see. Yes, missions are pretty boring but I figured that everyone did them occasionally to make money. Don't you ever do level 4 missions or whatever? I know the guys in the old Eurogamer corp (used to be on good terms with the RPS corp) used to do them, which made me regret skipping a bunch of missions whilst on my trial. That was a few years ago though.

Kylock
06-06-2012, 06:08 PM
Woo! I've decided to take the plunge and try EVE. Sadly, can't dl it until I get home from work. Anything you guys recommend I read in the mean time? (Thank god for jobs with lots of downtime.)

Hoarr
09-06-2012, 01:06 PM
Kylock, sorry for the lack of response until now. You've almost certainly already started playing the game, but if you haven't, I'll shoot you a buddy key which when you subscribe will give me a plex that we can then split. It comes out to about ~240 mil for each of us.

In terms of shit to read, there is literally more available to read than you will ever be able to get through. Right at first, I would highly suggest you stick to Eve University's wiki. It has a ton of stuff for helping new guys (obviously, as that's their purpose). If you give us a shout in game, we'll point you towards our Corp's forums where we have a TON of stuff that we find helpful for new guys as well.

Come join us over in the "RPS Community" channel in game and we'll get you squared away. If you haven't signed up yet, shoot me the PM and I'll hook you up w/ the 21 day trial. I'll see you in there

Hoarr
13-06-2012, 06:09 PM
I just had to link this poster that greggles on these forums made for RPSH

http://www.3dluvr.com/crossbow/eve/rifter.jpg

Patrick Swayze
14-06-2012, 04:47 PM
Looking for an EvE code to see what's changed and willing to be a tackler and get my shit podded.

PM me if you can help out :)

PsyComa
14-06-2012, 04:55 PM
Shot you a PM

We're currently doing Faction Warfare which means lots and lots and lots of daily fights. It's quite fun

djbriandamage
14-06-2012, 06:35 PM
I love to hate this game so I'd greatly appreciate if someone would PM me with an offer for my 6th or 7th trial account. I'd love to join RPS Holdings and learn the ropes.

PsyComa
14-06-2012, 06:39 PM
I love to hate this game so I'd greatly appreciate if someone would PM me with an offer for my 6th or 7th trial account. I'd love to join RPS Holdings and learn the ropes.

Shot you a PM as well. You can all find us in the RPS Community chat channel in-game

djbriandamage
14-06-2012, 09:29 PM
Can you please enlighten me as to how I can join the RPS Community chat channel? I tried searching for the corporation but could only figure out how to search by parameters like objectives and time of day, not by name.

Joseph-Sulphur
14-06-2012, 09:35 PM
Can you please enlighten me as to how I can join the RPS Community chat channel? I tried searching for the corporation but could only figure out how to search by parameters like objectives and time of day, not by name.

Search for "Rock, Paper, Shotgun" in the Steam community window, and you'll find the steam group. You can join the chat channel from there.

djbriandamage
14-06-2012, 09:44 PM
Search for "Rock, Paper, Shotgun" in the Steam community window, and you'll find the steam group. You can join the chat channel from there.

Boy is Steam's community search feature stupid. I search for "rock paper shotgun" and nothing comes up. I search for "rock, paper, shotgun" and several groups show up, including some spelled "rock paper shotgun" without commas. Dur!

I just joined this limey looking group. Would this be the right one?
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/rps

PsyComa
15-06-2012, 02:43 PM

We meant the in-game chat channel. Once you're in game, check the chat windows - there's a little speech balloon icon. Click that and join the "RPS Community" chat!

djbriandamage
15-06-2012, 04:48 PM
We meant the in-game chat channel. Once you're in game, check the chat windows - there's a little speech balloon icon. Click that and join the "RPS Community" chat!

Thanks, I'll do this tonight.

I tried asking about this on the RPS Steam chat channel but the mention of Eve got me the leper treatment from some.

PsyComa
15-06-2012, 04:51 PM
People fear what they don't comprehend.

Tethered
20-06-2012, 10:31 PM
I dropped in an application and sent a message to both Tigran and Bobhound but I thought I should introduce myself here too.
Been a long time reader and forum lurker but I finally came out of the shadows and registered in order to take another crack at EVE.

I'm sure you know the story. Played a few times over the last 4 years or so. I ran a tiny mining corp with RL friends for awhile. Now I'm looking to try again with an eye on making some friends, and trying my hand at PvP. I'll definitely have some work to do with learning the PvP aspects, and I'm a little rusty UI-wise but I'm currently training some of the more advanced tackling skills and excited to see where my EVE career goes this time.

Thanks,

Brenik Kross

unruly
23-06-2012, 05:37 AM
Hey all, I just posted over in the EVE thread in General Discussion a bit ago giving a semi-detailed account of my experience because I hadn't checked over here for a thread yet. Basically, I'm a hisec carebear wanting to tear the rainbow off my stomach and replace it with some nasty scars but don't know what to do or where to go, so I'm looking for a corp to join that will introduce me to the finer points of the game. I already gave a basic rundown of what my character can do in the other post, but I'll reiterate it here a bit - I can mine most hisec ores with a strip-fitted Retriever, my universal turret and launcher control skills are all at level 3 or higher, my core skills are up enough to fit everything decently, and I currently fly a faction/deadspace fitted Drake in LVL4's. I also have a small stock of 10 fitted Merlins and a couple Rifters available to me at the moment, from my earlier attempts to dive solo into losec PvP.

I'm willing to toss a limited API key in the direction of the HR department so that you guys can get a full rundown of my current skills if you want. For the time being my skill training is aimed at maxing my turret control skills and getting up to T2 hybrid and projectile turrets while also trying to improve my general survivability. However, I'm willing and able to switch to whatever is needed.

-Xiang Lau

Hanban
23-06-2012, 03:58 PM
Heya mate,

We're always looking for people who want to get blown up. Join the channel RPS Community in-game and shout at any RPS member online and they'll point you int he right direction.

Hanban
23-06-2012, 04:00 PM
I'll also point out that due to my work-situation I'm not online to vet people these days so you're better off throwing your yelling att Hoarr, Kuro or Richard Mansk. The corp description says I deal with the recruitment but there is at the moment very little time for me to see to it these days.

unruly
24-06-2012, 06:43 AM
Well, I threw an application in in-game, and I was talking with a few of the people in the RPS Community channel earlier. I guess you guys have pulled out of null for the time being and are engaging in FW instead? Sounds like I'll have a better chance at learning the ropes and surviving at the same time, but maybe that's just me being optimistic. The only sad part for me is that you're on the Minmitar side, which means my standings are low compared to Caldari. Oh well, as long as it doesn't affect my standings with Caldari Navy I should be fine.

SaintElmo
09-07-2012, 08:17 PM
Hey guys,
jsut started with EVE myself, after getting sucked in by the trial account.
I'd like to join the corp, how active are you guys? Also, will it pose a problem that I started my character as Caldari?
Any help appreciated, I'd like to learn some ropes in null-sec, PvP and stuff.
Cheers!

PsyComa
09-07-2012, 08:22 PM
Death to all caldari!!!1

unruly
09-07-2012, 10:52 PM
Hey guys,
jsut started with EVE myself, after getting sucked in by the trial account.
I'd like to join the corp, how active are you guys? Also, will it pose a problem that I started my character as Caldari?
Any help appreciated, I'd like to learn some ropes in null-sec, PvP and stuff.
Cheers!

It won't hurt you that you started as a Caldari because aside from starting skills and rookie ships your character race has almost no bearing on what you can or can't do. But you'll have to leave Caldari space if you want to join RPSH because right now they're engaged in faction war on the Minmitar side, which means the Caldari and Amarr are your enemies for as long as you stay in RPSH or RPSH stays fighting for the Minmitar. You will be a free target to everyone fighting on the Caldari or Amarr side of the war regardless of where you are(and the same goes for them), and going into Caldari or Amarr space will result in you getting attacked by navy/militia NPCs.

As for activity, from what I've been told they're currently in a low period. They'll still accept you into the corp, but you're going to be told that, aside from a few things here and there, you'll mostly be fending for yourself and having to learn the ropes on your own unless you catch some people on. Regardless of that, though, you'll still be expected to learn stuff yourself. Of course, they do have tutorials and videos that they'll link you to that will explain the basics of PvP and how to do certain things which will make learning to PvP easier.

I'm in largely the same boat as you in terms of PvP experience, though I do have more general time under my belt, and I've just gotten myself out of Caldari space so that I can join up with the RPSH guys. Most of what I've told you about RPSH has been what I was told when I talked to Hoarr a few days ago.

PsyComa
10-07-2012, 02:40 AM
It won't hurt you that you started as a Caldari because aside from starting skills and rookie ships your character race has almost no bearing on what you can or can't do. But you'll have to leave Caldari space if you want to join RPSH because right now they're engaged in faction war on the Minmitar side, which means the Caldari and Amarr are your enemies for as long as you stay in RPSH or RPSH stays fighting for the Minmitar. You will be a free target to everyone fighting on the Caldari or Amarr side of the war regardless of where you are(and the same goes for them), and going into Caldari or Amarr space will result in you getting attacked by navy/militia NPCs.

As for activity, from what I've been told they're currently in a low period. They'll still accept you into the corp, but you're going to be told that, aside from a few things here and there, you'll mostly be fending for yourself and having to learn the ropes on your own unless you catch some people on. Regardless of that, though, you'll still be expected to learn stuff yourself. Of course, they do have tutorials and videos that they'll link you to that will explain the basics of PvP and how to do certain things which will make learning to PvP easier.

I'm in largely the same boat as you in terms of PvP experience, though I do have more general time under my belt, and I've just gotten myself out of Caldari space so that I can join up with the RPSH guys. Most of what I've told you about RPSH has been what I was told when I talked to Hoarr a few days ago.

Yeah, he's right. That's definitely most of what you need to know right now.

Some basic rules apply, that is, don't be a jerk, don't be a weirdo, don't be stupid... or else our CEO will feel his position is being threatened :)

It's just that. As unruly said we're going through a low activity period (I myself am quitting the game) but all the cool dudes are still playing, still derping, still having fun. You'd do well to join Rpsh. FW is fantastic once you get used to the mechanics, there are targets everywhere and you never spend more than 5 minutes looking for hostiles. Good luck!

Hanban
20-07-2012, 12:19 PM
For any EON subscribers out there you'll be pleased to read about RPSH in the coming issue. E-fame!

Sweatypitts
30-08-2012, 12:50 AM
Hello! Rock Paper Shotgun Holdngs is now opening recruitment to all pilots interested in small gang PVP! We're a group of players from all over the globe, brought together through the Rock, Paper, Shotgun blog and forums. We're very laid-back, and log on Eve to have fun and shoot people in the face.

What do we require from our new meatshields?:

Working microphone - we use clients like Mumble or TeamSpeak to communicate with each other
Finish the Sisters of EVE arc - The need to finish the Sisters of Eve arc is that it helps you understanding some very basic things like basic navigation and UI, if you have any questions about this contact us in "RPS Community"
You need to understand that this is primarily a corp dedicated to getting new dudes into PVP as fast as possible, so if you have no interest in PVP, don't apply. In that case, feel free to hang out with us in the RPS Community channel; we have many friends and we like to keep it that way!

What we can offer you :

PVP Training - we will teach you the fundamental skills for player-versus-player combat.
Tips and Advice - from players who have experienced many cycles.
Forums and Killboards - had a bad day at work? Let us know!
Wide variety of timezones - we have several players from different timezones all over the world.
Tight-Knit Community - join a group of players who enjoy multiple games together.
Fame - Panties everywhere suddenly evaporate whenever RPSH is mentioned. You'll never have to worry about not being able to unhook that new bra model.

If you have any questions or concerns join the "RPS Community" EVE channel and speak with any RPSH member available.

maggot
02-09-2012, 12:54 AM
Can I make a post in this thread about my wormhole corp? We'd like to welcome any RPS members who'd want to try pvp in wspace. Our public channel is "Love and Tolerance". You can join it just to hang out if you like.

Hanban
07-09-2012, 08:18 AM
You may advertise your channel, but any recruitment done here is done by Sweattypitts our lord and saviour!

Hoarr
07-09-2012, 05:25 PM
... But is more seriously done by our token Brazilian, whenever he posts his genius recruitment ad in here.

Thurgret
07-09-2012, 11:12 PM
I've been (sort of) playing EVE for a couple months, and it only just struck me to check if there was an RPS group for it. I'll check you guys out tomorrow.

unruly
09-09-2012, 12:18 AM
Is activity finally starting to pick up? Granted, I've been in the corp for maybe 2 months and I know it's a fairly small corp, but for the last month or so I've seen no one on whenever I pop on myself. I haven't even seen anyone in the community channel. It's been kind of lonely, and has done its fair share to keep me from playing for any real length of time. Especially since I suck at PvP and can't seem to make any new money through it because I always get asploded.

It probably doesn't help that I'm trying to solo pvp in a t1 frig, and the only ships I can ever find that are also trying to solo pvp seem to be cruisers. Maybe I should try dropping from low to nullsec, but then I'd be too afraid of getting podded. At least in low my experience has been a lot more forgiving on that front...

maggot
09-09-2012, 03:06 PM
Is activity finally starting to pick up? Granted, I've been in the corp for maybe 2 months and I know it's a fairly small corp, but for the last month or so I've seen no one on whenever I pop on myself. I haven't even seen anyone in the community channel. It's been kind of lonely, and has done its fair share to keep me from playing for any real length of time. Especially since I suck at PvP and can't seem to make any new money through it because I always get asploded.

It probably doesn't help that I'm trying to solo pvp in a t1 frig, and the only ships I can ever find that are also trying to solo pvp seem to be cruisers. Maybe I should try dropping from low to nullsec, but then I'd be too afraid of getting podded. At least in low my experience has been a lot more forgiving on that front...

"solo pvpers" in losec will typically have boosting alts hiding somewhere that make them close to unbeatable if you've brought only one ship of your own.

same goes for null. Solo, fleetless, cheap and fun frig 1v1s are a rare commodity in eve and rvb may be the best source of them.

Hoarr
15-11-2012, 12:17 AM
Holy crap has this thread been buried.

Hello, prospective spock porn enthusiasts! My name is Hoarr and I am a former CEO and current madcap director of RPS Holdings. After a brief period of relative inactivity, the corp has seen a tremendous resurgence of activity with the bittervet old guard resubbing en masse including the corp founder and once and future CEO, Eben Rochelle. We run almost nightly combat ops around the region in which we live, knocking off some of the accumulated rust and just having a blast in general.

If you have ever been curious about EVE online, I cannot think of a better time in recent memory to give it a shot. The new expansion that debuts in three weeks, Retribution, will rebalance all of the ships that newer pilots fly (frigates and cruisers) and will make them all incredibly useful. In fact, we've been hurf blurfing for the past couple of weeks to come up with fleet compositions that exclusively feature these ships. We are all looking forward to this change; the ships are going to be an absolute blast to fly. With this change, it will be easier than ever to get right in to combat in eve online and be useful in a very meaningful way.

We are an extremely newbie friendly corp and dedicate a lot of time to helping out our newer players. Hell, I've devoted countless hours to making training videos to help people get into EVE, and PVP specifically. If you're a brand new player to EVE or perhaps a vet who wants to give the "pewing people in the face" lifestyle a try, please look us up in game in the "RPS Community" channel or shout up in here and we'll get you sorted.

If you are a new player, let us know in here and we can hook you up with an extended trial. If you subscribe from that trial, we get an in game reward worth quite a lot of money (550 Million at the time of writing) that we will split with you and get you started with a colossal nest egg. I look forward to seeing you in game!

Elmotastic
21-11-2012, 11:13 AM
Hey guys

Looking forward to getting back into eve with you lot. In game name is Surcosso. Was on with CarbonFire last night for a bit and just waiting on my corp cooldown. See you lot online then!

Cheers
Surc/Elmo/Sean

Hoarr
25-11-2012, 03:22 AM
Awesome, Surcosso. Can't wait to see you in there.

Nim.Was.Taken
05-12-2012, 07:14 PM
How active are you guys right now?

Hoarr
05-12-2012, 08:39 PM
Really active. Eben's back along with lots of other bittervets and we're roaming pretty much every night.

Kellhus
05-12-2012, 09:20 PM
What's the current recruitment process to join the Corp? Just re-activated my account from 2006, and don't know what I'm doing anymore ;)

Hoarr
05-12-2012, 09:23 PM
Just come say hi in the RPS community channel. I'll be on in about an hour (same name there as I have here) and we'll get you set up. I'll talk to you in game.

Pockets
07-12-2012, 08:53 PM
Holy crap has this thread been buried.

Hello, prospective spock porn enthusiasts! My name is Hoarr and I am a former CEO and current madcap director of RPS Holdings. After a brief period of relative inactivity, the corp has seen a tremendous resurgence of activity with the bittervet old guard resubbing en masse including the corp founder and once and future CEO, Eben Rochelle. We run almost nightly combat ops around the region in which we live, knocking off some of the accumulated rust and just having a blast in general.

If you have ever been curious about EVE online, I cannot think of a better time in recent memory to give it a shot. The new expansion that debuts in three weeks, Retribution, will rebalance all of the ships that newer pilots fly (frigates and cruisers) and will make them all incredibly useful. In fact, we've been hurf blurfing for the past couple of weeks to come up with fleet compositions that exclusively feature these ships. We are all looking forward to this change; the ships are going to be an absolute blast to fly. With this change, it will be easier than ever to get right in to combat in eve online and be useful in a very meaningful way.

We are an extremely newbie friendly corp and dedicate a lot of time to helping out our newer players. Hell, I've devoted countless hours to making training videos to help people get into EVE, and PVP specifically. If you're a brand new player to EVE or perhaps a vet who wants to give the "pewing people in the face" lifestyle a try, please look us up in game in the "RPS Community" channel or shout up in here and we'll get you sorted.

If you are a new player, let us know in here and we can hook you up with an extended trial. If you subscribe from that trial, we get an in game reward worth quite a lot of money (550 Million at the time of writing) that we will split with you and get you started with a colossal nest egg. I look forward to seeing you in game!

What? WHAT?? Its been going all old-school and I never realised? How could I find this out on a Friday night, too late to obtain alcohol and with a new routine that means I'm actually sober.

Condemn
09-12-2012, 01:06 PM
Hi, i've just re-activated my account after a couple of years or so of inactivity. |from what i remember i was pretty close to being in tier 2 assault ships. Used to enjoy finding a quiet system somewhere and scan down the anomolies and such, was pretty fun to me, so i will be getting back into that (unless they've completely changed how it works.) Never actually pvp'd, or mined so not sure about all that, wouldn't mind doing some PVP at some point but i dunno how frequently it'd be. Is there positions in the corp available for people who mostly like scanning but will want to do some PVP every now and again? if so, sign me up!

Edit: Hah, missed the post at the top of this page, i'll just come hang out in the community chat for a bit, see if the pvp bug gets ahold of me or not before applying.

Hoarr
11-12-2012, 05:37 PM
Condemn, I don't know what your in game name is, but if you haven't spoken with anyone in game yet, please let me know and we'll get you sorted. I look forward to seeing you in game.

Pockets, it's great to see you back, bud. I'll see you in there.

Nim.Was.Taken
11-12-2012, 05:45 PM
Pockets? I thought Pockets was with Cads or Guns.

Hoarr
13-12-2012, 02:11 AM
http://evewho.com/pilot/Dr+Pockets

Nim.Was.Taken
13-12-2012, 07:13 PM
http://evewho.com/pilot/Dr+Pockets

Definitely an alt.

Nim.Was.Taken
13-12-2012, 07:16 PM
Wow, did you assholes actually convince Zekk to come back?

unruly
14-12-2012, 01:55 PM
Yes, he's back. Back again. Zekk is back. Tell your friends.

Tiax
18-12-2012, 11:15 PM
Hi there,

I played EVE online a few years ago, now I'd like to come back to check out all the new stuff I missed. As I'm not sure I'll have enough time in the following months I won't re-activate my old account yet and create a small trial.

Of course, if I could get invited in the RPS corp, that would be a real treat. I've been playing with the GW2 RPS guild and I really liked the mood, maybe I'll get the chance of experiencing it again in EVE !

ZekkPacus
22-12-2012, 05:55 AM
Yes, I hath returned. Let the bells ring out for christmas. Or something, I'm no good at this stuff.

Interested in joining us? Want to meet new and interesting space types, and shoot them in the face? Join the channel 'RPS Community' in game. Don't be shy, we're all a bunch of really friendly dudes. The corp has existed for years purely to get new players into PVP, that's still what we're all about.

kingbiscuit
07-02-2013, 07:42 PM
Sweatypitts covered just about everything in his wonderful post (it has bullet points and everything!) so I'm just going to shamelessly plagiarise him.

Hello! Rock Paper Shotgun Holdings is now opening recruitment to all pilots interested in small gang PVP! We're a group of players from all over the globe, brought together through the Rock, Paper, Shotgun blog and forums. We're very laid-back, and log on Eve to have fun and shoot people in the face.

Working microphone - we use clients like Mumble or TeamSpeak to communicate with each other

Finish the Sisters of EVE arc - The need to finish the Sisters of Eve arc is that it helps your understanding some very basic things like navigation and the UI"

You need to understand that this is primarily a corp dedicated to getting new dudes into PVP as fast as possible, so if you have no interest in PVP, don't apply. In that case, feel free to hang out with us in the RPS Community channel; we have many friends and we like to keep it that way!

What we can offer you :

PVP Training - we will teach you the fundamental skills for player-versus-player combat.

Tips and Advice - from players who have experienced many cycles.

Forums and Killboards - had a bad day at work? Let us know!

Wide variety of timezones - we have several players from different timezones all over the world.

Tight-Knit Community - join a group of players who enjoy multiple games together.

Fame - Panties everywhere suddenly evaporate whenever RPSH is mentioned. You'll never have to worry about not being able to unhook that new bra model.

tl;dr Once again RPSH is looking for new recruits. Whether you're a returning bittervet or a brand new internetspaceshipsuperhero we'd like to hear from you.

14-day free trials are available here: http://tinyurl.com/bk5olrv

For the more adventurous, 21-day free trials(+shiny goodies/in-game cash if you subscribe afterwards) are also available, just send me a pm for a buddy invite.

Our eve chat channel is 'RPS Community', come say hello.

jstutters
08-02-2013, 05:01 PM
When's a good time to visit RPS Community? I've been on a couple of nights this week but no sign of anyone from RPSH.

AsimBa
08-02-2013, 10:05 PM
Hello, I was fortunate enough to get a trial from one of you guys, but was unable to use it since i only could log on once, before isp issues ruined the game for me. I am back now, so hoping to see you guys ingame!

Jclooth
21-02-2013, 12:31 PM
Hello! I've decided to give Eve another try and I'm into the atmosphere of the RPS planetside 2 outfit so I thought this might be cool too.

I'll do the tutorial whatsits and sisters of eve thing as suggested to get myself reacquainted, but I was wondering if I should be choosing a particular race or whatever? does this matter? I dont want to be all like I'm a Gillet dude because I like the look of their ships and then it turns out I needed to be a calamari or whatever?

This might be a stupid question but I dont see mention of it anywhere, advice would be much appreciated!

Cheers, J.

grasskit
22-02-2013, 07:30 AM
race doesnt matter, so choose whichever ships/race look the coolest to you. and youll be able to cross-train to another race's ships anyway

Jclooth
22-02-2013, 09:40 AM
Thanks for the reply, I went on the chat channel last night and it seems like RPSH is no longer a thing so I'll have to look elsewhere!

deralex
02-03-2013, 08:26 AM
Due inactivty of RPSH has anyone any suggestion for a nice corp. focused on PvP?

Ramsar
03-03-2013, 02:17 PM
I'm contemplating starting with EVE but I'm not sure whether I'll always have the time to play it regularly. As such €15/month seems a bit steep when there's the chance I won't be able to play during some weeks.

Anyhow, two questions regarding subscriptions:
- If you buy a 30-day subscription does it immediately start or not until you activate it?
- 30 days, does that mean 30 days from the day you activated it, or 30 days on which you login and play?

sketchseven
04-03-2013, 08:17 PM
In my experience it's 30 days from the point at which you hand over the money.

However, because of the way the game mechanics work, it's not going to be wasted time - training is done on a time basis rather than repetition of an activity (rather than in WoW say where you grind skills up by repeatedly making belts or whatever). So you can log in when you're able, or hop in to queue up training for a few minutes, and then play more when you're able to.

I'm still a big newb as far as playing the game but I'm not spending a huge amount of time in-game at the moment, but I am developing a lot of skills and selling items on the Marketplace in the downtime - which means I can log in, queue stuff up, do a mission or two and then log off again.

mootpoint
04-05-2013, 10:43 AM
So I take it RPS Holdings is no more?

I just re-activated a very old character, which despite being grey is a total (ok, maybe not total, but anyways) noob and could really use some assistance stepping over the threshold. Are there RPSers hanging out anywhere else? Any tips on other corps that might be looking for a part-timer with about 1M unassigned skill-points?

DeVadder
05-05-2013, 08:23 PM
So I take it RPS Holdings is no more?

I just re-activated a very old character, which despite being grey is a total (ok, maybe not total, but anyways) noob and could really use some assistance stepping over the threshold. Are there RPSers hanging out anywhere else? Any tips on other corps that might be looking for a part-timer with about 1M unassigned skill-points?

I do not know about RPS holdings, but the ingame channel called 'RPS Community' allways has some people online. It is not exactly buzzing with activity but certainly a good place to ask some questions and/or find a corporate home, i would assume.
You could also add me and/or evemail or convo me and i shall answer any questions i can. Be warned though, it is my strong opinion that everybody can and should live and prosper in lowsec, no matter the amount of skill points or expertise and my suggestions might be colored by that.

I'm contemplating starting with EVE but I'm not sure whether I'll always have the time to play it regularly. As such €15/month seems a bit steep when there's the chance I won't be able to play during some weeks.

Anyhow, two questions regarding subscriptions:
- If you buy a 30-day subscription does it immediately start or not until you activate it?
- 30 days, does that mean 30 days from the day you activated it, or 30 days on which you login and play?

It adds 30 days of game time to your account the moment you buy it. If there still are 18 days on your trial or from an old plex or whatever, than you will have 48 days after you have bought the 30 days. If you buy a recurring subscription, it will also not rebill strictly every 30 days but instead whenever you run out of game time. So even if you have a monthly recurring payment option, you still can easily activate a PLEX (the ingame-gametime-card) or a normal gametime-card whenever you want to add 30 days of game time and it will only rebill once that runs out as well.

Also worth noting, PLEX are not as expenive as one might think or as they look for a new player. After a few months and if you are actively playing the game, it is quite easy to play for free.
But by 30 days it means 30 days and not 30 days you actually play. If you have 30 days of gae time but do not play for 20, then you will sadly only have 10 left.
But even if you are not playing a whole lot, as sketchseven mentioned, you train skills wether you play or not, as long as you are subscribed. So even if you do not play a lot for a week or two, as long as you remember to queue some new skills every other day (you can queue up skills with the last one of them STARTING no more than 24 hours in the future), you will return stronger than you left.

mootpoint
05-05-2013, 10:01 PM
Thanks DeVadder, I will most certainly check out the community channel. Don't be surprised if I bother you ingame either.

medwards
13-05-2013, 01:02 PM
TLDR: newbros should continue to hang out in "RPS Community" chat, the corp is open for applications but don't expect much.

Old timer RPSH member with an update:
I am an old timer who signed on with RPS Holdings inside its first week of operation. I resubbed about two months ago and while many of the RPSH bittervets advised me to move on I am a stubborn man. To this end I have re-enlisted RPSH into Faction Warfare for the Minmatar. I plan on doing streamed roams at minimum every Wednesday evening (2100 CET) (I did one last week: http://www.twitch.tv/ifbar/c/2265557 ).

If you are a bittervet: I am not good, I am mostly screwing around in PVP trying to get my sealegs as it were.
If you are a newbro: I am not good, but I can probably provide basic advice. Sign up for the RPS Community channel or chat when I'm streaming. If you are interested in signing up for the corp I can take applications: please include a link to your RPS forum profile. I may followup asking for an API key for additional account verifcation. I haven't decided how try-hard I am going to be in this regard.

As for what you should have done before you join, SweatyPitts said it quite well:

Finish the Sisters of EVE arc - The need to finish the Sisters of Eve arc is that it helps you understanding some very basic things like basic navigation and UI, if you have any questions about this contact us in "RPS Community"

If you are interested in manufacturing, trading, or various forms of ratting then there will be space for it, just as long as people remember the raison d'etre of the corp is getting into dumb battles and dying a lot.

SweatyPitts post had some 'things we offer' points which I need to replace with the following:
- I barely know what I'm doing
- I am getting pretty plastered during the latter half of my Wednesday roams

If this (understandably) is of little interest to you I can point you in the directions that many RPSH alumni wandered off in.

laps3d
02-06-2013, 11:35 PM
To pick-up around where Meds leaves off insofar as what some of the old-guard are doing:

There are quite a few old members of RPSH/Lollis/Gunshi/Etc... still around. And infact we're still PvP'ing and generally being bads together in a new corp. If you're interested in PvP'ing in low and null-sec just hang around the RPS Community channel in-game and pipe-up in channel and ask around what people are doing when and where.

Whilst those of us PvPing still are mostly quite experienced, we're open to new recruits and can teach you the ways of badsquad. Honestly, you won't be as bad as me as long as you don't log in drunk, get emo on comms and lose 60million isk ships because you can see 3 UIs and none of them will stay still! No-one cares if you do any of these, but all three combined in one night is probably bad form :-/

We're pretty active although mainly in EUTZ at the moment.

I'm not posting corp details here so as to try and avoid the bad juju associated with this thread, but as said - ask around in RPS Community channel and you'll find us.

"We're the heroes EVE deserves, but not the ones it needs right now"

sketchseven
03-06-2013, 01:40 AM
I've got an EVE itch I'm dying to scratch; may well stump up some cash and jump back in game in a month or two.

Fitzmogwai
31-07-2013, 06:06 PM
Hello chaps. I'm an old Eve hand - played from the beta for about three years. Mostly PvE stuff though, so no PvP pewpew experience to speak of. Quit ages ago and had an urge to get back in to the game, so here I am. Got some ISK, got some ships, got some skills and am currently moving my stuff to Stacmon. Sent you an application earlier today, so if you want me, let me know!

Mohorovicic
01-08-2013, 06:39 AM
You have chosen... poorly.

Giraffiest
01-08-2013, 08:56 AM
He didn't need that free time/social life anyway! I lost 6 years to EVE don't do it kids

Mohorovicic
01-08-2013, 10:10 AM
I was referring to the fact that EVE corp is dead.

Go join EVE-U instead, if you really want to join a corp from the get-go.

QuantaCat
01-08-2013, 10:44 AM
also note that Statecorp is still going strong in Perpetuum Online, and they have 15 day trials.

Nim.Was.Taken
02-08-2013, 09:57 AM
Dunno who I would fly with if I ever came back.

Nim

Stayche
05-08-2013, 05:22 PM
I've just quit but some old RPS dudes are still active, check out Anatidae Rising's public channel in game and talk to some of the fat nerds in there.

Nim.Was.Taken
08-08-2013, 04:00 AM
Ahh, yes, well, flying with Ducky would probably be my best option.

Nim

laps3d
31-10-2013, 10:27 PM
Posting this here as a reply as I apparently can't start new threads?

Anyway - hot tip:

Catch me in RPS Community or Anatidae Public (or drop me an eve mail if you can remember how to spell my name) if you're interested in small-gang 0.0 harassment, riches and all that come the new expansion. RPSH may not be riding again and Anatidae may be inactive but there are *plans* afoot.

I'll state this as well - Sorry this isn't a deployment much suited to newer players unless you're a quick learner and willing to be reasonably self-sufficient.

Nim.Was.Taken
13-11-2013, 09:58 PM
You really dropped the bowl this time laps3d. Now look at the mess you've made. There are skittles everywhere.

laps3d
16-11-2013, 12:57 PM
You really dropped the bowl this time laps3d. Now look at the mess you've made. There are skittles everywhere.

With all that moon-goo income it certainly will be gooey if not messy ;)

sketchseven
19-11-2013, 02:57 PM
Can't start new threads until you've got 10 posts I believe? Anti-spam measure.

Nim.Was.Taken
22-11-2013, 03:08 PM
If I get the spar cash and the time I might consider returning for a bit of pew. But it all really depends on a lot of things so please don't hold me to it.

Nim