PDA

View Full Version : Alpha Centaury on GoG.com

pakoito
09-06-2011, 04:55 PM
Just added now: http://www.gog.com/en/news/new_release_sid_meiers_alpha_centauri

I cannot find whether it includes Alien Crossfire or not. Maybe this is the time for me to get past the dated UI and discover the great game it is?

vinraith
09-06-2011, 05:20 PM
No Alien Crossfire, unfortunately. Sadly, that means no sale, as I'd just end up having to use my old disc copy anyway. The instant they put SMAC complete up there, they'll have my money.

Schaulustiger
09-06-2011, 06:14 PM
Oh wow, didn't expect it so soon. Instabuy!

Does Alien Crossfire make the game significantly better? Back in the days I only played the base game and found it to be great as it was.

EDIT: Vinraith, your avatar cracks me up every time.

Heliocentric
09-06-2011, 06:23 PM
What the Hell are they doing releasing the incomplete game, what do they stand to benefit.

*sulks*

Mouth of 10000 Teeth
09-06-2011, 06:30 PM
Wait... there's an expansion pack for AC? I never knew that. Goodbye summer.

Also, Heliocentric, I expect they're banking on people like me forking out a couple of quid for it. I mean, I've got it (somewhere) but the disc is probably a mess of scratches and university fungus and even if not, I don't mind chucking a few pennies in the direction of genuinely brilliant old games. If the free market is democratic and that's why we've got CoDX:BulletGun every 6 months, me rebuying something brilliant I've got is a vote for something different.

oatish
09-06-2011, 06:33 PM
This is my favourite PC game - I think of ever. I now know what my night has in store as soon as I get home from work. Thanks, pako.

PS. as this game is about the clash of ideologies, do you find yourself playing "true" to the faction that closest matches your beliefs/opinions? I used to always succumb to the lure of totalitarianism but this time I wanna treat my citizens the way I would wanna be treated - no Nerve Stapling!

Lukasz
09-06-2011, 06:48 PM
so want to rebuy it... unfortunately my list of owned but unplayed games is way too long. So I'll wait for expansion pack which i did not play.