PDA

View Full Version : Who else got screwed by today's Steam update?

sabrage
05-01-2012, 12:36 PM
It deleted almost all of my categories and prevented me from launching any games. Now, this solution (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2459905) fixed both of those issues, but I can't access my Orcs Must Die save file (it's not deleted, but I don't know if restoring the original appcache will bring back the same problems.) I have no idea what other games this affected, and now my friends list is having trouble displaying users' icons. How ironic that this comes just days after defending Steam; I didn't even see a prompt asking me if I wanted to update.

Similar
05-01-2012, 01:32 PM
I just got asked if I wanted to update and after restarting Steam things seem unharmed so far (SPAZ starts and my saves are there). I got a bit worried this morning because it kept saying it was synchronizing, but never finished so I had to quit it when I went to bed; SPAZ is fun, but I don't really want to play another 50 hours to get where I am in my current game.

I didn't have any categories, though, and I guess it's also possible the update I got had been fixed. I must have received it a bit later than you.

Skalpadda
05-01-2012, 02:13 PM
Just updated and everything seems to be in order.

westyfield
05-01-2012, 02:20 PM
Mine asked if I wanted to update, so I clicked yes, and then it got stuck on the "Steam Cloud synchronisation", so I hit 'exit' and it updated normally. Haven't noticed anything unusual, I'm just about to play some Saints Row 3 so I should see if anything's out of order as that's a Steamworks game.

soldant
05-01-2012, 02:21 PM
No issues here, but two updates back the update reset my categories, which infuriated me, so I can totally relate.

I did get a prompt asking to update though, like usual.

sabrage
05-01-2012, 02:29 PM
Managed to fix my OMD! save by re-enabling Steam Cloud. Not seeing any problems anymore.

westyfield
05-01-2012, 03:45 PM
Works fine for me. I don't have many categories (favourites, games that work on my laptop, everything else) but they're all still there.

JohnnyMaverik
08-01-2012, 04:50 PM
I had a few problems but nothing major. First my categories were gone, so I had to spend some time re-organizing, although it lead me to un-install nearly 15GB of games that I decided I didn't need installed any more, so it wasn't all bad. Then it wouldn't sync and Deus Ex HR wouldn't launch, but after a restart (of Steam, not my comp) it all seemed to sort itself out and I've had no issues since then.

spcd
16-01-2012, 08:24 PM
<Insert random steam issue here>

Solution for that issue:

Delete clientregistry.blob