PDA

View Full Version : King Arthurs Gold

Williz
10-01-2012, 02:11 PM
Haven't seen a thread on here about this (Yes I searched)

It's the new game from Michal 'MM' Marcinkowski the creator of Soldat, it's not finished yet but it's in beta and offers one of those early buy discount things much like Minecraft had in Aplha / Beta and concering the quality of the game so far I;d say it's worth the 10

I haven't tried the singleplayer mode but the Multiplayer is amazing with the 3 classes (Archer, Knight and Builder)
The classes have quite different play styles, the Archer can climb trees and attack enemies from a range but gets munched in close quarters. The Knight can jump from a height and use his shield as a glider while being deadly in close combat he can defend from Archer attacks using his shield. Mentioning the Shield the Knight can used it as a platform for another player to stand on (Forming a human ladder of knights to infiltrate buildings)
The Builder is a whole different kettle of fish though, as the title implies the Builder... Builds. He builds all defensive structures needed to defend his teams flag, building arrow workshops for Archers, Bomb shops, Quarters (To heal at) and the Siege workshop which can be used to build movable outposts (spawn points) or the Deadly Catapault.

I would write more but I can't be bothered just go check the website:

http://kag2d.com/about

You'll find me on the INCARNUM server laughing manically whilst I catapault peope to death.

Berzee
10-01-2012, 02:28 PM
There has been a wee bit of discussion and an article on the blog here, but I haven't heard much about this in a while. It was not is a very playable state when I first tried it -- I may need to have another look! I liked the style of it.

Memphis-Ahn
10-01-2012, 02:36 PM
Yeah, this game is really good. It's like Gang Garrison set in the medieval ages.
I usually hang out in the /v/ server (though I have played in the INCARNUM server a lot before), it's password protected though. Haven't played much lately, waiting for the Zombie update which should add some fun co-op stuff.

Williz
10-01-2012, 02:54 PM
I'd play it again if I were you then as it's a lot more polished at this stage.

I would play on the /v/ servers but I prefer the higher population of Incarnum (Specially for mass catapault kills) buginess aside.