PDA

View Full Version : Lunar Flight is now available on Desura %50 off while in Beta!

sh0v0r
10-01-2012, 11:42 PM
http://www.desura.com/games/lunar-flight

Featured on RPS yesterday: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/01/09/impressions-lunar-flight-beta/

alms
11-01-2012, 03:19 AM
Congrats for getting on Desura! How is the Steam thing going?

sh0v0r
11-01-2012, 03:24 AM
No response from Valve yet unfortunately, if anyone knows anyone that can give them a poke to take a look at my submission that would awesome and I would love you very much!

scorpionbruno
11-01-2012, 07:40 AM
Congrats man , great game !!!!!

icemann
11-01-2012, 09:52 AM
No response from Valve yet unfortunately, if anyone knows anyone that can give them a poke to take a look at my submission that would awesome and I would love you very much!

The consensus that I've been hearing on Valve for steam, is that your game needs to be doing well elsewhere first before they'll even get back to you.

Mistabashi
11-01-2012, 11:08 AM
The consensus that I've been hearing on Valve for steam, is that your game needs to be doing well elsewhere first before they'll even get back to you.

That doesn't make any sense, given the number of indie games that have made their debut on Steam.

I think it's more a case of publicity, if a game already has a lot of hype surrounding it it's more likely to sell well at release, so they're more likely to take a gamble on it, plus of course they probably get a huge number of submissions so anything they've heard of is going to stick out. So best course of action is probably just to spread the word as best you can across the various gaming sites (particularly the ones that will show-up in Steam's feed).

Anyway, hope it goes well for you, good luck!

sh0v0r
11-01-2012, 12:32 PM
It's only been about a week since I submitted it so we'll wait and see. It's quite the challenge to get some of the websites to respond to requests for news article to help promote the game. I am very grateful to Adam for taking a look at the game it helped allot!

alms
11-01-2012, 03:47 PM
I've been reading here on RPS forums that choosing the right price is important, unfortunately I can't seem to be able to find the thread right now.