PDA

View Full Version : STALKER 2: Continued development - ITS ALIIIIVEEEE *Insert Evil Grin*

Xerian
11-01-2012, 11:53 PM
Soooo yeeeaaah... They just posted this (http://www.facebook.com/officialstalker/posts/354976321194956) on their facebook earlier, and something similar on their twitter.

"The Stalker team is extremely happy! Why? Because we are continuing work on Stalker 2 after the holidays."

I'm just... Damned happy... So happy. Soooo sooo happy. No idea if anyones posted about it yet, but damnit, I'm happy. Really happy.

Oleg Yavorsky also recently posted this here (http://www.facebook.com/oleg.yavorsky/posts/301675579869316) his facebook
"Happy to continue working on the game after the holidays"

Sooo.... Yep. It seems... Its alive... Its... Not dead... Its... Amazing D:
(If its *old* news, then... Well, I'm slow. Doesnt change that I'm immensely relieved, as I'm... Well, looking forward to the sequel kind of... Immensely.)

soldant
12-01-2012, 01:09 AM
I'm quite pleased about this, even if I wasn't particularly interested in the STALKER games and never really saw the appeal except for the game's setting and world. Hated the storyline and tolerated the combat, so I hope STALKER 2 improves on it somewhat!

ZIGS
12-01-2012, 02:04 AM
At first I was like "Get out of here stalker" but then I was like "I said come in, don't stand there"

coldvvvave
12-01-2012, 07:35 AM
So, it was a publicity stunt after all?

westyfield
12-01-2012, 08:21 AM
I approve.

NecroKnight
12-01-2012, 08:55 AM
Oh, thank God. I just hope they will make some improvements to the core gameplay. It's already good, but you get tired of the same old thing.

squirrel
12-01-2012, 01:10 PM
I rather play naive to "believe" that GSC "actually" experienced some difficulties and now they resolve it.

But my concern is, since they are developing a completely new in-house engine for the game, would this disturbance hinders the progress of the game development? They targeted to release the game within this year. Would this plan be changed?

I had heard of game plan of SOC in my college Year 1 and when I graduated I still saw no sign of the game. GSC is not Blizzard, man.

Mistabashi
12-01-2012, 01:12 PM
So, it was a publicity stunt after all?

Why anyone would think this was a publicity stunt is beyond me.

Shane
12-01-2012, 01:24 PM
Remember Gog.com?

Mistabashi
12-01-2012, 01:35 PM
Remember Gog.com?

Yeah, but that was a) the only time it's ever happened and b) rather different to this situation (eg they did it over a few days, it was clearly very well planned-out).

GSC doesn't really do PR, what happened here seems like Mr Grigorovich decided to close down the project because they still don't have a publishing deal for the console version (and the dev team apparently hasn't made much progress on that front anyway). The dev team (and fans) wanted to continue, they negotiated, the project is back-up. We still don't know what this means, and if work will continue on a console version or not - no publisher has been announced.

Xerian
12-01-2012, 02:20 PM
I highly doubt it was a PR stunt, several of the guys put in job-applications quite a few places. And as Mistabashi said, GSC doesnt really do PR... Like, at all ;p in any case, I'm just really glad that we might actually get the game, cause damn. I do love SoC and CoP (I still need to revisit CS with some mods and such. The game grinded to a halt for me after 7 hours cause a vital NPC died in a random encounter before I met him >_<)

Grizzly
12-01-2012, 08:00 PM
(I still need to revisit CS with some mods and such. The game grinded to a halt for me after 7 hours cause a vital NPC died in a random encounter before I met him >_<)

That could happen in SoC as well, and SoC had backup measures for that (you'd just pick up the guys pda).

SirKicksalot
12-01-2012, 08:19 PM
I highly doubt it was a PR stunt, several of the guys put in job-applications quite a few places.

Meanwhile GSC was posting hiring announcements though.

Smashbox
12-01-2012, 08:37 PM
Occam's razor, etc. etc.