PDA

View Full Version : [indie] Dog Game #1

danblack
12-01-2012, 01:00 PM
I made a game. It's called Dog Game #1, it's for PC and it's free.
There are some more words about it and a download link here :
http://www.danielblackburn.co.uk/?portfolio=dog-game-1-2

It's plays with windowing and using the whole desktop. So for example if you collide with an enemy the game window is moved to a new random location on your desktop. There are other enemies that cut chunks from the game window which makes the gameplay increasingly frantic as the playing area gets smaller.

It's a bit of an experiment but I think it's fun to play. It only takes a bit over 5 minutes to play so you've not lost to much precious time if you don't like it. Any feedback from the RPS collective hivemind would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Dan

Berzee
12-01-2012, 02:57 PM
Messing with windows sounds scary! And awesome. I will give it a try, but in a couple hours when having to restart my computer (more an insult to my computer than any implied mistrust of your game ;) won't so obviously impact my productivity. =P

westyfield
12-01-2012, 06:44 PM
Hmm, it's pretty fun! I'm not very good at this sort of game, I have very little co-ordination when trying to move and aim from the top-down viewpoint so I didn't last long. The idea is certainly interesting - you're right about the frantic buildup towards the end, when the four beams are close to the edge and you get frozen... aargh!