PDA

View Full Version : GfWL help plz

suibhne
12-01-2012, 08:54 PM
I've almost never been able to start a new GfWL-enabled game without at least 30 minutes of bs, and I'm at the end of my rope with Batman: AC. Every time I buy a new GfWL game, I tell myself "Surely they've fixed it by now"...but no, it puts me through just as much frustration and total technical incompetence as my first encounter with the system.

In this case: I was able to sign in via both the browser and the GfWL client, but the in-game GfWL screen helpfully told me my account name or pw was incorrect. I verified the email in my account, thinking that might be the problem. Nope: my account still works fine in the browser and the Windows client but the game refuses to accept it. What the heck, right? So I reset the password. Same deal: browser and Windows client work fine; game is a non-starter.

I really regret spending my money on this game in the Steam sale, and I'm about 10 minutes away from saying to hell with it and begging for a Steam refund. Microsoft's entire LIVE system has been at least partly broken for years - this is the same exact problem I had with both Batman: AA and Bioshock 2 (but solved by resetting my pw via the LIVE web login portal, which isn't doing the trick now). Bulletstorm is the only GfWL game I've ever had work without a hitch. Any suggestions?

Btw, I notice that a lot of people are reporting savegame problems in Batman: AC due to GfWL. I could not possibly be more confused about why developers keep using this garbage.

slick_101
12-01-2012, 09:06 PM
A simple yet.... Shady idea would be to crack your game so GFWL isn't needed to run the game. I did this because I was fed up of the always on DRM with Assassin's creed II

Snargelfargen
12-01-2012, 09:28 PM
Do you have a hotmail or windows live email account?

The last time I tried to install a GFWL game, it wanted me to use my email account's password for some reason. I'm not really sure how this happens, but resetting my email's password and using that seemed to fix the problem.

Or do what Slick suggested, it's probably easier in the long run.

Althea
12-01-2012, 09:58 PM
Make sure you have the Windows Live ID Sign-In Assistant installed.

suibhne
12-01-2012, 10:44 PM
Simple but stupid fix: instead of signing in with the profile that GfWL already knew on my machine, I just told it to use a new profile and then re-downloaded the profile I already had - same name, pw, everything. Go figure.