PDA

View Full Version : Hello, there!

vecordae
16-01-2012, 11:32 PM
I finally decided to meander over to the RPS forums. I like this site quite a bit. Brings me a bit of joy just about every single day. Well done, RPS. You've provided an environment where I can read Real People Thoughts (tm) on both video games and the gaming industry. While I don't agree with everything you say, I respect the hell out of the way you say it.

The Tupper
17-01-2012, 04:16 PM
Howdy.

It's a great place, isn't it? The only site I've ever used to get games advice from - I used to buy PC Gamer magazine, but when I found RPS I realised where all the magazine's best writers had gone. The genuinely funny tone and informal clubby-ness of it is unlike anywhere else I've seen.

I suspect that's why I, like many others, bridle at ill-mannered criticism of RPS, as the site is very obviously an expression of the owner/writers' own personalities, honest in a way that very few journalistic outlets can afford to be. It's almost like being invited into someone's home and criticising the wallpaper.

Bonzrat
17-01-2012, 05:32 PM
There isn't any wallpaper in my house. It's all painted plaster walls. Not like the Flash Gordon wallpaper I had when I was a kid.

(Thanks, chaps).

Rii
18-01-2012, 02:07 AM
It's almost like being invited into someone's home and criticising the wallpaper.

Pastels? You have to be f*kn kidding me. Lrn2Decor, scrub.

DigitalSignalX
18-01-2012, 03:46 AM
He's been giving decoration advice for years. Can you cite any examples of when it wasn't valid?

ColOfNature
18-01-2012, 05:08 AM
The walls of Castle Shotgun are too dank for wallpaper; it would just go mouldy.