PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil 6

DaftPunk
24-01-2012, 12:58 PM
So what do you think about game so far,after seeing that teaser/trailer.

CAPCOM is promising two different play styles,with Leon you play something like Resident Evil 4 or 5,and with Chris,something like in Resident Evil 1-2-3.

db1331
24-01-2012, 01:12 PM
I just hope they keep the co-op out of the main campaign, and confine it to mercenaries mode or something. I just want to be by myself, with more zombies than bullets.

The trailer gave me the urge to finally play through that copy of RE 5 I bought for $10 a year ago. Sheva (AI partner) is abysmal. Sometimes she steals ammo as I am on my way to grab it, and I have to go into the menu to get it from her. Other times, she will be out of ammo, and not pick some up off the ground right next to her. Then, after about 5 hours of her being totally worthless, in the middle of a fight I see her grab a zombie from behind and cut its throat. I just wanted to scream, "YOU COULD DO THAT THIS WHOLE FUCKING TIME!?!?" I felt like Jeff Daniels in Dumb and Dumber when he found out that Jim Carrey had an extra pair of gloves on for the whole ride to Aspen.

Flint
24-01-2012, 01:51 PM
with Chris,something like in Resident Evil 1-2-3.
Aren't the Chris scenes in the trailer all action-filled cover-shooting?

Fiyenyaa
24-01-2012, 02:43 PM
If it doesn't have inventory-tetris like Resi 4 did (and Resi 5 didn't), then it's gonna be no good.

FuriKuri!
24-01-2012, 02:49 PM
^ Truth. All the greatest games are great purely because of inventory tetris. Look at Deus Ex vs Invisible War, System Shock 2 vs Bioshock.

Very likely that this will move even closer to Gears of War. Epic looked at RE4 when developing Gears and Capcom looked at Gears when developing RE5. Seems the two companies are in some sort of pirouette together (around a chest-high wall).

hamster
24-01-2012, 02:50 PM
What trailer? I don't no trailer @ RPS front page. Anyone have a link?

nayon
24-01-2012, 02:52 PM
^ Truth. All the greatest games are great purely because of inventory tetris. Look at Deus Ex vs Invisible War, System Shock 2 vs Bioshock.

Very likely that this will move even closer to Gears of War. Epic looked at RE4 when developing Gears and Capcom looked at Gears when developing RE5. Seems the two companies are in some sort of pirouette together (around a chest-high wall).

Mind=blown. All the best games have inventory Tetris indeed, and all their sequels without the tetris are terrible.

Flint
24-01-2012, 03:10 PM
What trailer? I don't no trailer @ RPS front page. Anyone have a link?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=a1lEs5y4udA

DaftPunk
24-01-2012, 03:11 PM
Here is the link for trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=sS_bGpe9qE8

Story:
Resident Evil 6 will follow Leon S. Kennedy and Chris Redfield who will be "joined by new characters, each with their own unique perspective and involvement, in this relentless dramatic horror experience enacted on a global scale."Here's a synopsis of the game's plot:It has been ten years since the Raccoon City incident and the President of the United States has decided to reveal the truth behind what took place in the belief that it will curb the current resurgence in bioterrorist activity. Due to be by the President’s side is his personal friend and Raccoon City survivor, Leon S. Kennedy, but when the venue suffers a bioterrorist attack, Leon is forced to face a President transformed beyond recognition and make his hardest ever decision.At the same time, Bioterrorism Security Assessment Alliance member Chris Redfield arrives in China, itself under threat of a bioterrorist attack. With no country safe from these attacks and the ensuing outbreaks, the entire world’s population is united by a common fear that there is no hope left.

Gameplay: The gameplay is said to be getting a bit of a tweak based on player feedback from Resident Evil 5. The development team is aiming for a cross between the action/horror blend of Resident Evil 4, largely considered to be the best in the series and one of the greatest games ever made (http://www.metacritic.com/game/gamecube/resident-evil-4), and the far more action-oriented Resident Evil 5, which was met with a mixed-but-mostly-positive reaction.If this news turns out to be true, it would mark the first time a major entry in the series has featured two male protagonists, instead of a male/female duo. Even in Resident Evil 3: Nemesis and Resident Evil 4, where Jill Valentine and Leon were the main playable characters, respectively, members of the opposite sex still featured heavily into the story and had playable sequences throughout the game.

lhzr
24-01-2012, 03:17 PM
If it doesn't have inventory-tetris like Resi 4 did (and Resi 5 didn't), then it's gonna be no good.
I agree.

It's also gonna suck if:
-it won't have puzzles based on finding hidden objects and using them on vaguely related objects in a specific order
-it's not gonna be scary (like the first few, which were scary because they were scary and not because you were 12 at the time)
-it won't have extremely sparse checkpoints
-it will give you enough bullets to kill all the zombies
-it won't have terrible controls (so as to make it feel realistic and tense)
-the zombies will be able to speak and/or wield weapons
-the cause of zombification won't be a virus, but something else
-it won't take place entirely at night
-it will have coop

Did I forget anything?

DaftPunk
24-01-2012, 03:19 PM
I think that clumsiness made those older RE games scary,because you don't know what to expect in other room/area. Also lack of ammo made good impact :D

Wizardry
24-01-2012, 04:20 PM
Is this game series still an Alone in the Dark rip off?

lhzr
24-01-2012, 04:26 PM
Is this game series still an Alone in the Dark rip off?

Poor Infogrames, to be bested by a n-th generation clone. The king is dead, etc.

DaftPunk
24-01-2012, 05:08 PM
"The dream would be that the millions of Call of Duty fans that are enjoying these fast-paced online games are attracted to this Resident Evil,"
- Capcom UK Marketing head Dave Turner on Resident Evil 6

Wizardry
24-01-2012, 05:09 PM
"The dream would be that the millions of Call of Duty fans that are enjoying these fast-paced online games are attracted to this Resident Evil,"
I'll take that as a no then.

hamster
24-01-2012, 07:32 PM
Is that a real quote or something made up?

DzX
24-01-2012, 07:54 PM
Is that a real quote or something made up?

Legitimate quote:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/332888/resident-evil-attracting-cod-fans-the-dream-says-capcom-action-route-makes-sense/

Roufuss
24-01-2012, 08:17 PM

He's not even talking about Resident Evil 6 in this quote... he's talking about Operation Raccoon City, a completely different game.

" He added of Operation Raccoon City: "The dream would be that the millions of Call of Duty fans that are enjoying these fast-paced online games are attracted to this Resident Evil."

So no, its not Dave Turner on Resident Evil 6 at all.

DaftPunk
24-01-2012, 08:18 PM
My bad then,i got this from other forum :/

Jockie
24-01-2012, 09:02 PM
Hardly surprising that a guy who is producing a game would quite like to get the audience of the biggest selling franchise in gaming history is it? From the Operation RC footage I've seen they'd be lucky though, as it looks a wee bit crap, rubbish spin-offs are hardly new to the RE franchise though.

On the other hand, looking forward to RE 6. I enjoyed 4 & 5 on their own merits. Obviously the game will have a ludicrous story and be over-acted, but that's part of what gives the series its charm. Hopefully it won't go all out Gears of War

SirKicksalot
24-01-2012, 09:41 PM
I liked Resi 4 on PC. It was awesome except for the... Japanese parts. Don't know how else to describe them. Like that part with the giant midget statue. It was too Japanese for me, know what I'm saying?
I haven't played much Resi 5, nothing about it appealed to me.

Miker
25-01-2012, 02:14 AM
Resident Evil 4 is one of my favorite games of all time. I've beaten it a few times over and I still wouldn't mind playing it again. I'm really not sure what made it so great, to this day, but whatever secret sauce it has is damned potent. I played Resi 5 with a friend a few months back, and it was pretty solid fun. Not as memorable as 4, but still a fun game as long as you have a friend. And it's an absolutely fantastic port, too, barring GFWL -- runs smooth as butter and even supports LAN.

Theblazeuk
25-01-2012, 11:11 AM
I liked Resi 4 on PC. It was awesome except for the... Japanese parts. Don't know how else to describe them. Like that part with the giant midget statue. It was too Japanese for me, know what I'm saying?
I haven't played much Resi 5, nothing about it appealed to me.

Like the little shouty Napolean expy clad in finery? Yup. I know what you're saying.

Much better in European-delapidated gothic.

squirrel
25-01-2012, 12:57 PM
CAPCOM is promising two different play styles,with Leon you play something like Resident Evil 4 or 5,and with Chris,something like in Resident Evil 1-2-3.

Really, where you get this intel? If that's the case, this is gonna be an awesome game. From the trailer I saw that Chris also plays like Gears.

I just wonder why, for Chris's part, they highlighted a Chinatown in a metropolis. That Chinatown likes hell like Ghost in the Shell movie, very Hong Kong style, guess someone in the production team is a fan of Ghost in the Shell, huh.

Theblazeuk
25-01-2012, 04:07 PM
Who isn't?