PDA

View Full Version : The Sims 2 - I have a broken toddle

Brass
25-01-2012, 11:20 AM
I accidentally deleted a toddler while playing the game (trying to move it out of the way so Mom could walk). When it was recovered, it was acting like a baby, lying around, and I couldn't click on it. Also, no one else could pick it up. I tried re-deleting the toddler a few times, and reloading the game. When I did, in the opening graphic (that shows the family while the game loads), people are holding the toddler like a baby - it was creepy.

My intention was to have the children picked up by social services anyway, so I ignored them until social services came and picked up the kids - 1 child, 1 toddler, and 1 baby. Social services couldn't even pick her up, so after standing around several hours, it went away and then came back and took the toddler in a flash of light!

Fast forward now - I want this other family to adopt the toddler and baby. When the adoption agent asks what age child I'd prefer, I indicate baby. Repeatedly, the toddler is the one that is chosen for me to adopt, and it is like a baby and no one can pick it up, so the adoption agent just stands out by the car holding the toddler unnaturally.

I finally tried the boolprop testingcheatsenabled and when I finally figured out how to make the toddler "selectable" I could see that it seemed to have no age - like it was an empty Sim. I tried making it the toddler's birthday and instructing it to Grow Up, but nothing happened. I saw a few functions called Age Baby that looked promising, but no luck. And the adoption agent never disappeared.

So my question is - what can I do to either eliminate this toddler from my adoption queue or to fix it so it works properly?

DigitalSignalX
25-01-2012, 11:25 AM
Off hand I'd say you were borked, try loading a save prior to the first kid if possible, else try a new profile and see if the issue persists. Then you know it's the game and not just a bad save.