PDA

View Full Version : New neptune's pride game started

Cooper
26-01-2012, 05:43 PM
I realised I still have some credits left, and it's been a while since I played. So I set up a new game.

The only significant change is that speed starts at 3 and cannot be researched any further. The main reason being that at speeds above 3 you have to check in far too often; I intend this to be a fairly relaxed affair you can check at work / at home once or twice a day, no more than that and with no need to log in at absurd times...

Game is here:
http://np.ironhelmet.com/detail?game=32788291

Free to join, secret keyword is "purple"

I'll force-start it on Monday AM if it's not full by then

Smashbox
26-01-2012, 05:49 PM
Would it cost money for me to access this game? I see the details say 1 pay / 24 hrs ... what does that mean?

Cooper
26-01-2012, 06:25 PM
Nope, I set it up as free to join.

1 pay/24 hours means that your income stream in-game (credits you use to buy interstellar shiny ships with laser beams of death) comes in once every 24 hours. It's the default turnover.

bodybycake
26-01-2012, 09:12 PM
What is this alliance enabled business? Also I LOVE the idea that you cant upgrade speed. Im in the middle of my first game and its becoming more and more annoying to have to check the game every 4 hours to keep track of whats happening.

AsimBa
26-01-2012, 09:49 PM
I signed up for the game, though I have no idea what to expect, only reading the article from the archive a few weeks ago.
Please be nice!

Smashbox
26-01-2012, 09:53 PM
Cooper, are you on UK time? And AsimBa, Michigan time?

Cooper
26-01-2012, 10:22 PM
Alliances are just that; alliances. They're in-game, settings that allow players to call a non-aggression between their fleets.

They allow the sharing of radar vision, and you can station fleets on your allies' planets. Cancel and alliance and you lose the shared radar and, if any planets have fleets of the ally on them that is now no longer an ally, they immediately battle.

Thing is, don't take these alliances as indication of all things being peachy. All of the inter-player stuff goes on quietly in the background. Entering an alliance makes you more vulnerable to the people you're allied with. Not everyone won't take advantage of that. Some alliances start with the sole intention of an eventual backstab...

Also, as with games without alliances, there is ONE winner. If you are in an alliance and the alliance wins but you are fourth on the player rankings. Tough. You came fourth. Ally with the leading player, and just how prepared are you to settle for second?

Edit: Yes I'm on UK time. Different time zones don't seem to matter to much for NP. Just maybe having to wait longer between replies to messages.

Smashbox
26-01-2012, 10:28 PM
Ok I'm in - Good spaceluck to all.

AsimBa
26-01-2012, 10:33 PM
Yup, i would be on Michigan time

Cooper
30-01-2012, 06:15 PM
It's Monday, so game is now started!

Smashbox
30-01-2012, 11:42 PM
Ate the players all from this board ? Good luck all!

STARTING POSITIONS:

Sotto Voce
16-02-2012, 04:34 PM
Smashbox, have you dropped out for good? I see you posting on this forum but it's been days since you logged in the game.