PDA

View Full Version : King Arthur 2

eRa
28-01-2012, 01:18 PM
It is out now on Steam and even some retailers have it in stock.

Anyone played the dark fantasy RTS yet?

There seem to be some performance issues according to the Paradox forums. But how is the gameplay?

pakoito
28-01-2012, 01:43 PM
Try the demo... I will this afternoon.

riadsala
28-01-2012, 02:43 PM
I really hope they've imporved the camera controls! Overall, I think the first game is more interesting than Rome:TW and Med2:TW, (the campaign is much richer), but the battle camera controls let the whole thing down a bit. [Which isn't to say I'm not currently enjoying playing through the first game!]

archonsod
28-01-2012, 07:59 PM
Looks like they patched the performance issues in the prelude DLC stuff and forgot to port it to the main game.

pakoito
28-01-2012, 09:00 PM
So I tried it but I don't have anything to compare it with so...ok.

We have tech tree, unit upgrading, a confusing battle and a "choose your own adventure" part.

Spider Jerusalem
28-01-2012, 09:43 PM
i'm interested in how it's different than the first one. everything i've read seems like more of the same (which is fine, i enjoyed the first one immensely, but i don't need to spend more dollars on that).

vinraith
28-01-2012, 10:09 PM
i'm interested in how it's different than the first one. everything i've read seems like more of the same (which is fine, i enjoyed the first one immensely, but i don't need to spend more dollars on that).

They made the campaign linear, or nearly so, as I understand it.

Spider Jerusalem
28-01-2012, 10:23 PM
They made the campaign linear, or nearly so, as I understand it.
more linear than the first one?

because that was pretty linear (aside from the fact you could screw around with side missions and delay the campaign for a while).

Hensler
31-01-2012, 11:29 PM
I haven't played the campaign yet, but was discussing it with Steam friends from our King Arthur 1 group. Apparently you don't even play as Arthur, but a Roman named Septimus in this one? Probably won't affect gameplay all that much, but that is not a change I'm on board with.