PDA

View Full Version : The RPS Manshoot Team Cup (RPSMSTC)

Tinners
01-02-2012, 03:11 PM
Hi everyone!

Do you like competitive team based man shooting? Do you often despair at the random nature of playing against total strangers with little or no sense of achievement or teamwork?

If the answer to the above is yes, then I would like to gauge interest in holding a cup amongst RPS forum members. I was thinking a 4v4 format over 3 games, say TF2, CS:S and DoD:S (totally open to suggestion on these, but Valve games are cheap / you already have them all anyway), then maybe a final bonus game of BF3 squad deathmatch.

Check out the fancy schedule here (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Auv0PaWTCKkEdDNHb1YxbF90akhBNzJoZDdiOUxEV 1E).

Skill wise I would say this is aimed at low-medium level players who don't take things too seriously.

So, if you can get a team of 4 together, reply to this thread and we'll see if we can get this thing going!

Ayam
02-02-2012, 01:22 AM
Well, I can't get a team of even 2 together, but if any other 'scrub' like myself would like to join up together and has access to Mumble, this is a call out to you and you and you. Let's all try to get headshot by a single bullet.

Heliocentric
02-02-2012, 10:26 AM
Ooh, add in strategic as a key word and you have me. Players who know how to hold fire until the enemy is in a kill zone, have mics and use them. I am a big fan of the manshoot genre.

Tinners
02-02-2012, 11:35 AM
Good suggestion! So RPSSMSTC it is. It can be pronounced "SMaSTeC"

Tinners
03-02-2012, 11:34 AM
So I have a CS:Source and Mumble server set up. Please join the RPSMSTC group on Steam for all the details.

You've probably all forgotten how good "Vanilla" Counterstrike is. Come and play!