PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Pricing Policy for King Arthur 2

squirrel
05-02-2012, 09:43 AM
I notice recently that this game, as sequel of King Arthur Roleplay Wargame, is out. I find the pricing policy very interesting. Steam cut this game into two, the main game and a DLC titled "Dead Legions". Main game is priced at USD 40 and Dead Legions is at USD 10. Added together they are totaled 50, the standard retail price for a PC game. This is good I say, if you want just enough you pay less for a game with some contents cut, and you can pay more for those cut contents. It offers more choices for customers than bundling everything together, the practice that simply scares some customers away. The pricing policy sounds fair to all parties I would say.

Heliocentric
05-02-2012, 10:05 AM
Shill much? 34.99 in the uk.... 10 less on retail though.

Althea
05-02-2012, 10:34 AM
Shill much? 34.99 in the uk.... 10 less on retail though.
Yeah, the pricing seems a little weird for it in the UK. It's higher than I'd expect from any publisher.

agentorange
05-02-2012, 10:41 AM
Got it on Gamersgate for $35. Pre-ordered it, so I got the Dead Legion DLC for free - which I could have actually played before the release of the base game. That UK pricing does seem a bit insane.

archonsod
05-02-2012, 12:31 PM
This is good I say, if you want just enough you pay less for a game with some contents cut, and you can pay more for those cut contents. It offers more choices for customers than bundling everything together, the practice that simply scares some customers away. The pricing policy sounds fair to all parties I would say.

Except it's not cut content - Dead Legions is a stand-alone prequel to KA II rather than being DLC as such. In fact it pretty much occupies the same space for KAII that Fallen Champions did for the first game.