PDA

View Full Version : What would it take for activision to win back your money for COD

Teh Arbiter
10-02-2012, 02:21 PM
for haters (obviously)

http://games.ign.com/articles/121/1218375p1.html

for me?, all that multiplayer stuff aside, i want them to revive the WWII theme and let us play as the Germans. i mean really? 7 games and not a single one of them gives us the chance to play as the nazis?

deano2099
10-02-2012, 02:23 PM
Story.

No reason CoD has to be more Rambo than Generation Kill.

Mihkel
10-02-2012, 02:29 PM
Why would you think that if one dislikes something he/she is a hater? I don't like COD series but I don't actively hate it.

For me if they want to get my money they should just do something different, anything different to be honest. I mean you got so many games in this series that are basically the same thing over and over again. If you produce the same stuff in such a short period and in these quantities it's really no wonder people don't want to play this anymore. It's like I don't know, a joke that has been told so many times that it just stopped being funny.
A man beating a dead horse, that's what this series is.

apricotsoup
10-02-2012, 02:31 PM
I'm terribly tired of modern day shooters, so if it's a modern warfare game I'll avoid it.

I wouldn't overly class myself as a hater, but I'm certainly someone who doesn't understand why it's become quite so popular.

ZIGS
10-02-2012, 02:37 PM
What would it take? Simple, release a CoD with a SP campaign comparable in quality and length to Medal of Honor: Allied Assault

Heliocentric
10-02-2012, 02:49 PM
Dump unlocks(by all means keep perks/kill streaks but have them available from the word go) , bigger maps, vehicles as a counter to snipers,player run dedicated servers and better cheat protection.

I don't want a mimic for BF3 either because that gets loads 'wrong' too.

Heister
10-02-2012, 02:52 PM
A single player campaign would be nice. I'm not a big fan of the follow my leaduh style of gameplay. I want to play the guy that everyone else follows.

I'd also like a gun that fires cod.

Yachmenev
10-02-2012, 02:57 PM
The only thing I think that they can do to win back my money is to make open levels like the ones in Crysis 1. Otherwise, itīs just not interesting.

mickygor
10-02-2012, 03:32 PM
for me?, all that multiplayer stuff aside, i want them to revive the WWII theme and let us play as the Germans. i mean really? 7 games and not a single one of them gives us the chance to play as the nazis?

They never should have left WWII. There's no actual call of duty in Modern Warfare. It's weird how it's always the little things that get me wound up, but I've not bought any of the non-WWII ones because of that.

Voon
10-02-2012, 04:13 PM
Playing as Nazis? Nah. Nope. Nuh-uh. No. Never.

They should make it the cinematic shooter that Infantry Ward started on. Not this bullshit multiplayer grindfest full of ten year olds camping and shouting obsceneties at each other. But the its already dead by now and it's no point making a new one since COD3 sucked ass (although COD4 and WaW were fairly interesting at the time)

vinraith
10-02-2012, 04:16 PM
The only thing I think that they can do to win back my money is to make open levels like the ones in Crysis 1. Otherwise, itīs just not interesting.

I've never bought a CoD game, but I think I might buy that.

R-F
10-02-2012, 05:02 PM
Make it into a camp '60s-style futuristic shooter, with laser beams and explosions and no SMGs.

I would be happy.

khaz
10-02-2012, 05:29 PM
What would it take? Simple, release a CoD with a SP campaign comparable in quality and length to Medal of Honor: Allied Assault

CoD2 and Cod4: Modern Warfare were both such examples. Although CoD4 was shorter in game length.

Voon
10-02-2012, 05:36 PM
Make it into a camp '60s-style futuristic shooter, with laser beams and explosions and no SMGs.

I would be happy.

Somehow, that reminds me of Battlefield 2142. Just not the '60s style futuristic shooter part

Drake Sigar
10-02-2012, 05:58 PM
It needs to be tailored around the strengths of each platform (for the most part that's much easier than publishers claim) instead of alienating the PC crowd further, and it needs to go back to being an individual game instead of a service. Also the material should be handled with more respect. Basically, it needs some dignity. Even then I still might not open my wallet, because the market has been oversaturated for so long.

metalangel
10-02-2012, 06:06 PM
Get rid of perks, leveling, customizable weapons. CoD3 had great multiplayer with fixed classes and equipment, the only "unlocks" were ranking up each round to carry more equipment/recon did more damage per arty strike.

Sketch
10-02-2012, 06:07 PM
I'd love a CoD style game set in an ARMA world. I like both games if I'm honest, and fooling around in a big sandboxy word but having the more casual run and gun gameplay would be quite fun. I love doing silly attack methods in ARMA (PLANE CRUSH CAR) and having the ability to use it as a viable tactic would be fun. So Just Cause in first person.

magnolia_fan
10-02-2012, 07:10 PM
they never had my money with COD to begin with, so there's nothing to "win back" from me.

Flint
10-02-2012, 07:18 PM
Switch settings again. Modern warfare has become boring and stale in gaming by now, much like WW2 was before it. A jump to something new might make the game feel a bit more fresh again rather than the sameoldsameold.

equatorian
10-02-2012, 09:38 PM
Never had my money to begin with, but if they ever wanted it : switch wars. I suggest the Napoleonic one, presumably they use some sort of revolutionary firearms and there are a lot of horses.

Alternatively, can I has the Central Powers from WWI? A different perspective for once, in a war not so charged by atrocities but as full of poignancy as anything you can shake a stick at. I was alright with COD back when it still had some sort of emotional resonance. And if you don't want to stay in trenches all the time, just use the Eastern Front.

archonsod
10-02-2012, 10:53 PM

+1. Try writing an actual game, you know, one of those interactive things, than a movie.

Kadayi
10-02-2012, 11:35 PM
Story.

No reason CoD has to be more Rambo than Generation Kill.

Pretty much my view. I enjoyed MW1 because, albeit there was a great deal of daftness going on it didn't seem any more overblown than your atypical war film. However MW2 was just absurd illogical BS from beginning to end. No Russian for instance only works on the basis that Makarov somehow knew his team would make it out unscathed, going up against the security forces ..a ludicrous plot hole.