View Full Version : Jagged Alliance: Back In Action - So hows that then?

11-02-2012, 03:55 AM
I note with suspicion despite it being out for a few days there are no reviews. Anywhere. I thought RPS would at least do a final bit on it. Not a peep. Anyone played it? How did it turn out?

11-02-2012, 09:03 AM
I checked the steam forum and there is some strong enthusiasm about the game being really fun and combat mechanics being surprisingly good.

11-02-2012, 09:41 AM
There's some opinions in the former topic (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?2826-Jagged-Alliance-BIA).

11-02-2012, 07:14 PM
If RPS hasn't posted about it yet you can be sure it's because they weren't given early access (which could be taken as a bad sign, or it could just be because their marketing department is lazy, stupid or non-existent). I'm sure one of the lads is playing it at the moment and we'll have a WIT up shortly. But yeah, as Flint said, there's some impressions in that other thread worth checking out.

11-02-2012, 07:28 PM
Also maybe worth heading over to the JA.com boards. Some good info there if you can find your way through the shit storm lol

Maybe someone with the appropriate powers can merge this thread with the other one?

11-02-2012, 08:44 PM
Player reviews seem mixed, they say the strategic map element is very shallow/non existant and there are some bugs and omissions. On the other hand they're optimistic, mentioning FoW is supposed to be patched in later. I never played the original, just read that fantastic/satirical LP of the game. Not sure I want to fork out 30 just now on a lark though, I won't get money again for another 6 months

11-02-2012, 09:04 PM
Play the original with 1.13 mod instead, it's much cheaper and still a far better game.