PDA

View Full Version : Rachni, Pyjak, Salarian - Mass Effect 3 Coop

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Heliocentric
23-02-2012, 04:58 PM
The demo is lots of things to lots of people, good, great, bad and terrible all among them. But everything people seem to say seems to be about the single player.

The multiplayer game is one of the best horde modes I've ever seen. It's currently (until release or further?) free to play via the demo and honestly has me eager to see where they take this.

My name's are various, but Centry (I think will check) is my engineer who can keep on ticking long after it makes sense for him to be, I seek RPS companions for a respite from the wonders of matchmaking.

What say you?

DigitalSignalX
23-02-2012, 08:16 PM
I like engineer as well, once you get some skills up they pretty much shut down any sized proponent, and Heaven forbid you find a group clustered at a choke point. Sort of a more efficient mage/biotic class.

The JG Man
23-02-2012, 08:29 PM
The_JG_Man, surprisingly. Add me, so my Krogan Soldier can throw your enemies away, or my Vanguard can...HURRRRR, ARGGGGGGH them.

Or at least in the main game. I may give the demo a rest. Don't wanna burn out on it. But yes, it's incredibly fun, I am very happily surprised.

Sceptrum
24-02-2012, 02:28 AM
I'm up for some coop, if people need me. My Origin ID is Sceptrum.
Usually play Engineer, Soldier or Adept and not proud member of the "I haven't unlocked another race club".

Sketch
25-02-2012, 12:20 AM
I'd like to get in on this especially when the full game is released. Origin ID is drojman.

Heliocentric
25-02-2012, 12:41 AM
Crap, I didnt even think about origin ID Mine is heliocentricity (steam is heliocentric)

Doesn'tmeananything
25-02-2012, 06:54 AM
I'm up for some coordinated play. Never had any luck with random people on Gold challenge. My ID is Doesntmeananyth.

Heliocentric
06-03-2012, 05:13 PM
So, start adding people in here on *shudders* origin (I'm heliocentricity), and be ready to pump up your readiness for war... Because it's better than scanning planets!

Jaxvor
06-03-2012, 07:05 PM
I will be ready and willing for some inept co-op action, I'm Jaxvor on Origin.

Sceptrum
06-03-2012, 07:50 PM
Should have added everyone who listed their Origin accountname now.

Flint
06-03-2012, 09:13 PM
FlintyFoxy is my Origin ID. Won't probably jump immediately into multiplayer when the game lands (even with the new information about its possible importance) but once Shepard's story has come to conclusion, I'll probably be insanely addicted to it for ages if my hopeless obsession with the demo is any clue. Will probably be playing the Infiltrator quite a bit at first as that was my favourite class in the demo and I want to focus on at least one class at first.

Sketch
09-03-2012, 01:59 AM
I'm looking to give this a fair whack, I'm not too fussed when I play it as I'll do most of the sidequests anyway. I'll generally be up for a game whenever.

Norskov
09-03-2012, 10:27 AM
I'm up for some multiplayer as well, I've tried with public, but it would be nice with some communication for a change.

Jockie
09-03-2012, 01:47 PM
I'm game for some co-op most definitely, Jockie85 is my Origin ID thingy. I've already maxxed my readiness, but it's entertaining enough in its own right and I've not yet managed to find a team who can put together a remotely coherent display in anything above bronze.

Heliocentric
09-03-2012, 08:23 PM
I'm up for some multiplayer as well, I've tried with public, but it would be nice with some communication for a change.

Whats the name? Norskov

Appleshampoo
09-03-2012, 11:15 PM
I've been playing a few matches tonight, but Public matches are just...horrible. My first game went really really well, then after that it was horrible, no one stuck together or anything.

But anyway, if anyone wants a below average Engineer feel free to add me -

Name is Appleaid

Norskov
10-03-2012, 02:37 PM
Whats the name? Norskov

Yes, the name is Norskov. I should be available most of tomorrow, and possibly most of the evenings in the coming week. I'm still quite rubbish though,

laneford
10-03-2012, 03:22 PM
I'm a little sceptical about the thought of playing Mass Effect... with others.

But I'd like to give it a try.

Origin ID is Laneford

currently I have no friends. :(

Heliocentric
10-03-2012, 03:40 PM
My advice after tucking into multiplayer abit more is essentially the same.

Vanguard
SMG or pistol (only one)
Max out charge asap, with the lower final upgrade (recharge all shields) and to hit multiple people then in the melee/shields/hp tree max out your shields. The finish up with nova upgrades.

This is not the most dynamic build but its ace, essentially its the whoooshbang build.
Charge, then either heavy build for crowds (later nova) or unload with your sidearm and as soon a charge is ready charge again, maybe even the same enemy but ideally someone isolated.

For the big brawlers only ever hit from behind and ninja types with one hit kill melee are too difficult to melee (nova van work) so just smg then and charge again.

For engineers? Area+chain shock, long duration low hp exploding drone is ideal. It stops those things that spit out crab/face hugger things cold, but it's also useful for breaking snipers from cover, distracting giants and general brawling.

Going with an assault rifle and sidearm or the sidearm and lots of incinerate/overload are both valid. Either way I recommend a scope, it helps pick out targets for your drones and power attacks, the extra headshot xp will be good too.

These 2 builds are great for pub matches too, as they are both ideal ways to avoid taking too much fire if everyone else dies.

Jockie
10-03-2012, 04:01 PM
Vanguard is incredibly fun to play in public games, you can just charge about like a lunatic, I played a Van in the single-player and the shield recharge upgrade for Charge is invaluable and works brilliantly in synergy with Nova.

Infiltrator is a good option too, because cloak is just an incredible utility ability, need a damage boost? Cloak. Getting flanked? Cloak and reposition? Team-mate down? Cloak and revive. Shields down with a sliver of health? cloak and find somewhere safe to recharge shields etc.

I've actually got all 4 infiltrator characters now, the Salarian is great because you can spam proximity mines during down-time, which makes it easy to set up some rudimentary defences. Also lucked out a bit, I bought the SP dlc and because of the deal on Bio points had a few to spare and decided to buy 2 spectre packs. One of which gave me the extremely powerful Sniper rifle that can see through walls and goes through multiple targets.

Sceptrum
10-03-2012, 06:27 PM
I had all my unlocks reset, meaning my nice aliens and weapons are gone. I had unlocked plenty of good stuff too, like the Black Widow.

So won't be touching multiplayer until that is fixed :/

Flint
10-03-2012, 07:04 PM
I had all my unlocks reset, meaning my nice aliens and weapons are gone. I had unlocked plenty of good stuff too, like the Black Widow.
Do you mean progress from the demo? Because wiping progress from that was intentional AFAIK.

Heliocentric
10-03-2012, 09:48 PM
Do you mean progress from the demo? Because wiping progress from that was intentional AFAIK.

Yeah, not a bug.

Sceptrum
10-03-2012, 10:53 PM
No, I'm talking about the stuff I unlocked post-launch. I've actually played mostly multiplayer, since I have some ME2 singleplayer saves to finish, plus wanted to have a few level 20s ready for promotion and the Galactic Readiness thingy at 100%.

Here's the thread started by Bioware about the issue:
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/343/index/9685812

Heliocentric
11-03-2012, 01:17 PM
Infiltrator is a good option too, because cloak is just an incredible utility ability, need a damage boost? Cloak. Getting flanked? Cloak and reposition? Team-mate down? Cloak and revive. Shields down with a sliver of health? cloak and find somewhere safe to recharge shields etc.

I've actually got all 4 infiltrator characters now, the Salarian is great because you can spam proximity mines during down-time, which makes it easy to set up some rudimentary defences. Yesterday I unlocked the Salarian Infiltrator and engineer, yum. The decoy might be a lot more less mobile than the combat drone but it's like slamming a door shut with the stun damage upgrade. Indeed, I managed to solo a bronze by digging in behind my decoy and using energy drain to heal my shields.

The Salarian Infiltrator can be equipped to set off 1 power without uncloaking, that one power can be an energy drain on a shielded opponent to fully heal your own shields. (I recommend shotgun because losing your spatial awareness as can get you in trouble).

Wow, I'd utterly wrote off Infiltrator after trying to play single player as it back in Mass Effect 2,looks like the ME3 upgrades fixed the class something badass.

So 3 badass classes, anyone have strong words to say for the others?

Sceptrum
11-03-2012, 02:53 PM
Been playing Sentinel & Soldier mostly (before the reset crap appeared). Soldier I've gone Widow+shotgun combo, but apart from throwing grenades or proximity mines, I haven't really come up with good builds.

Sentinel though, especially Turian, is damn nice as support. Only use assault rifle, and with Warp & Overload I take down shields, barriers or armor where needed or use overload AoE to incapacitate enemy flankers. Add that shit hits the fan, with tech armor you can run up to the enemy and detonate it, causing some nice point blank area damage. Have used it successfully to rapidly kill enemy troops trying to execute a downed team-mate or get out of a tough spot.

duff
12-03-2012, 12:08 PM
Should we get a steam group going or something? Would be ace to play some games with RPS folks on mumble.

Alternatively I'm duffin66 on Origin and duffin6666 on Steam, if anyone wants to keep me company on a cold lonely night. xx

Dentharial
12-03-2012, 01:18 PM
I have a tangentially related question that someone here might be able to answer. How do you lose Galactic Readiness?

I ask because at some point I'd like to complete a singleplayer playthrough where I just barely scrape over the 'Minimum' line for War Assets. Obviously the more I play multiplayer, the more my War Assets are boosted and so the harder this would be.

I'm just trying to decide whether I should put multiplayer on hold and do that playthrough ASAP, or if it is possible to lower the Readiness ratings again later. In an ideal world, I'd rather play through a few more times 'normally' to explore all the stories and roleplay before I try and game the system. Plus, of course, the multiplayer is fun.

Burnside
12-03-2012, 01:32 PM
...How do you lose Galactic Readiness?

It seems to decay at 1% per day for me, though of course it could be something else I haven't noticed; I haven't finished the game, and I've only upped my readiness to about 58% via co-op.

Heliocentric
12-03-2012, 02:04 PM
Honestly? I don't think they thought about that. I'm sure a way to edit readiness will show up, might be a mod.

Jaxvor
12-03-2012, 07:02 PM
Would anyone like to arrange a date and time for multi player fun? I'm guessing we're all still working through the single player campaign at the moment but it would be nice to set aside some time for some quality multi player action.

duff
12-03-2012, 07:07 PM
I'm good for most weeknights and weekend days.

Flint
12-03-2012, 07:20 PM
I'm done with the singleplayer atm and not in a huge rush to go at it again instantly, so I've been spending time in MP. Having a dreadful luck with weapon and mod drops though, all I seem to unlock at the moment are SMGs and mods for them rather than anything I actually use with the classes I'm currently focusing on.

Heliocentric
12-03-2012, 08:10 PM
Anyone can use a smg, don't be greedy. Just add everyone and keep an eye on origin.

Flint
12-03-2012, 08:52 PM
I know everyone can use a SMG but I've never really liked them personally. Plus, they don't really work with the gameplay style I have with my infiltrator and soldier.

Nalano
12-03-2012, 09:13 PM
I have a Turian soldier who likes to boomheadshot. My account name's Nalano, tho individual characters may differ (The Turian's named Shujen.)

Heliocentric
12-03-2012, 10:34 PM
Myself Drojman, Jaxvor and Jockie just had a nice little rampage. The Salarian infiltrator is weirdly bad-ass, the mies get kills after youve wandered off, the cloak allows you to hack revive and flank, the energy drain can top up your shields any time(sorta useless vs the reapers but eh)

Its a nice little package.

The JG Man
12-03-2012, 11:24 PM
Just a reminder of my tag, The_JG_Man. I won't be on MP for a bit yet as I'm still going through SP, but I intend to give it a good shot later.

Sketch
13-03-2012, 03:03 AM
Earlier was good fun, I'd be up for more of that most definitely. I would have joined you again later, but I was eating food and didn't notice your summons Helio.

Coccyx
13-03-2012, 10:58 AM
I'm interested in joining - Coccx1238 on origin. I've also taken to loitering on the mumble server; If I'm on there I'm up for a game.

Jaxvor
13-03-2012, 12:05 PM
It was great fun last night although the ingame voice chat didn't seem to work that well. Looks like we'll have to use Mumble or similar if we want to talk (especially as there is no text speak in game!).

I'll be around tonight if anyone wants to play.

Flint
13-03-2012, 02:28 PM
especially as there is no text speak in game!

Which is such an utterly, utterly stupid decision.

QuantaCat
13-03-2012, 02:36 PM
Count me in!

Jockie
13-03-2012, 05:03 PM
The in-game voice chat is terrible, I know of a mumble server we can borrow if people don't mind using a 3rd party app.

Jaxvor
13-03-2012, 05:31 PM
Mumble is fine with me.

I wonder if there are any plans to allow you to respec your multiplayer characters? I've made a couple of mistakes already on some classes and would also like to experiment with other abilities. At the moment you seem to be stuck with any decisions you make on unique characters.

duff
13-03-2012, 05:43 PM
Jaxvor - Not that I know of, and I don't think you can really make a 'wrong' choice, most options seem equally useful but situational.

QuantaCat
13-03-2012, 05:43 PM
though I have to say to that: its not that hard making a new char. you get far pretty easily.

Sketch
13-03-2012, 06:01 PM
How many people have unlocked Asari? I got lucky and got one in one of the packs you can buy with credits, and she seems much more powerful than the human.

Sceptrum
13-03-2012, 06:31 PM
Mumble is fine with me.

I wonder if there are any plans to allow you to respec your multiplayer characters? I've made a couple of mistakes already on some classes and would also like to experiment with other abilities. At the moment you seem to be stuck with any decisions you make on unique characters.

You can get rare Respec cards in either Veteran or Spectre packs, but they are rare, even with their golden frames. Only gotten one and used it on my (now-removed) Salarian Engineer.

duff
13-03-2012, 06:42 PM
How many people have unlocked Asari? I got lucky and got one in one of the packs you can buy with credits, and she seems much more powerful than the human.

My 'main' is an Asari adept, you get Stasis instead of Singularity and Throw instead of Shockwave (I think), so it seems the Asari is more single target based compared to the aoe human.

QuantaCat
13-03-2012, 07:23 PM
Also, can I add the list of names on Origin to the multiplayer thread over in general? (I really think it should be double stickied, once here, and once over in general)

Id like confirmation before I do so, Ill link to the thread at the very least. Either reply, or send me a message.

Flint
13-03-2012, 07:30 PM
Only just now read that the multiplayer characters have a level cap and you can't upgrade everything to max with them.

Whoops.

And yeah, the info thing is fine by me.

Jaxvor
13-03-2012, 07:40 PM
Also, can I add the list of names on Origin to the multiplayer thread over in general? (I really think it should be double stickied, once here, and once over in general)

Id like confirmation before I do so, Ill link to the thread at the very least. Either reply, or send me a message.

Fine by me!

QuantaCat
13-03-2012, 08:31 PM
Great, Ive updated the server list (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?668-Server-List) already. Keep em comin!

Jockie
13-03-2012, 09:54 PM
Feel free to add me to the list thing (Jockie85)

How many asset points do you get by promoting a level 20 character btw? I don't really want to lose my Infiltrator.

The JG Man
13-03-2012, 10:01 PM
Yes, feel free to add me too!

Coccyx
13-03-2012, 10:21 PM
I've no problem being added.

Sceptrum
13-03-2012, 11:47 PM
Add me as well.

Heliocentric
13-03-2012, 11:50 PM
Consent grated
name: Heliocentricity

Nalano
14-03-2012, 05:05 AM
go right ahead.

Dentharial
14-03-2012, 11:14 AM
On the Asari Adept conversation, I spent most of the demo playing as one, because I was lucky enough to pick her up in my Starter Pack. Stasis is fantastic fun, and has been entirely changed from the (IMO) distinctly mediocre power that it was in ME1 and 2, since you can now attack enemies while they're frozen.

If you can work as a duo with an Infiltrator (or possibly anyone armed with a sniper rifle), you can really lock down a killzone with Stasis-Headshot combos. Also Cerberus Phantoms become entirely trivial with the ability to freeze them and gain some distance even when their Barrier is up.

Sproutmask
14-03-2012, 01:36 PM
Happy to join you with my Engineer (I wouldn't trust him to fix my boiler never mind stop a reaper invasion but hey) - played my first night of co-op in some random matches last night and flippin' loved it, especially watching my drone chasing a cerberus soldier and repeatedly zapping him in the backside until he fell over - needed some Benny Hill music I reckon.

Origin ID is Sproutmask, feel free to add me to any server lists and whatnot. I'm generally around on late Tuesday, Thursday and Friday evenings and odd times at weekends when my little'un is snoozing.

duff
14-03-2012, 01:58 PM
Origin is duffin66, feel free to add me to the list.

Flint
14-03-2012, 05:22 PM
Just as a heads-up, for the next few days the store has a brand new booster pack for 20k credits. It basically contains a ton of the useable items (medigel, RPGs, special ammo, etc) so might be marginally useful if for some reason you're starving of those.

Sketch
14-03-2012, 07:51 PM
Origin is now BoundedWum (WoundedBum was taken?!) I was Drojman before. Cool with being added to list.

Coccyx
14-03-2012, 08:08 PM
I'm actually not Coccyx on Origin but 'Coccyx1238'.

Jaxvor
15-03-2012, 10:27 AM
I finally completed the single player campaign so now I'm ready for all multiplayer all the time. Anyone looking to play this evening?

Heliocentric
15-03-2012, 10:49 AM
I'll ditch you all when my bloodbowl date shows up but yes, I'm looking to get my Salarian Infiltrator some more revives and ultimately save the day as the last person ninja-ganking the enemies. "Yay" for landmines ("Boo hiss" for landmines in real life obv).
I might also play as engineer... If I decided that I wanted to play sudoku or something while my drone kills everything.

laneford
15-03-2012, 08:27 PM
Add me too!

I've just started playing this, seems fun.

I don't have a microphone at the moment though, I'm not deliberately trying to cultivate an air of silent brooding menace...

thegooseking
16-03-2012, 02:01 AM
I'm thegooseking on Origin. Working on my turian sentinel right now. Feel free to add me.

RakeShark
16-03-2012, 05:50 PM
I'm Bootcha on Origin, I have a sneaky shotgun'n'stab salarian infiltrator, support salarian engie, and badass turian soldier as options for for silver/gold play. And feel free to add me to the master list too.

Moleman
16-03-2012, 06:35 PM
Might as well toss in- Molemaniac on Origin, got an engineer I've been working on (and not much else).

Ravelle
16-03-2012, 06:43 PM
I'm called Voltburn on Origin, feel free to add me. :)

Tei
16-03-2012, 06:45 PM
AND MY AXE!

I am Teiman in the game.

Somewhat Okay Shepherd
16-03-2012, 08:15 PM
Happy to be play with people who know what they're doing! I'm Burnthereapers. I'll see you on the ground...

Wooly
17-03-2012, 09:06 AM
I'm WoolyCaterpillar on Origin and would be happy to have some company in murdering reapers/geth/cerberus! I run on Pacific Standard Time, fyi. Feel free to add me on origin &/or steam!

Jaxvor
17-03-2012, 02:56 PM
For those who haven't seen the announcement yet, there's a multiplayer event this weekend. http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/343/index/9992705

Basically complete Reaper swarms on Silver difficulty and win fabulous prizes.

JackShandy
17-03-2012, 03:10 PM
Add me, I go by JDMcNamee. If I stand in front of you and melee, that means I'm giving you a high-five.

QuantaCat
17-03-2012, 04:48 PM
Thanks for the list so far, Ive updated again.

Ravelle
17-03-2012, 04:51 PM
This game desperately needs a Army of Two bro fist bump, high fives or air guitar victory poses. ;P

Megagun
17-03-2012, 05:15 PM
Since I just finished the singleplayer campaign last night just to see what all the fuss about the ending was about, I can play multiplayer now without fear of someone spoiling the ending for me! Woo!

My Origin ID is Megagun. I'm not entirely sure what type of character the guy I'm playing as is, but he has some biotic attacks.

y2rich
17-03-2012, 08:05 PM
I'm done with the SP now so fancy hitting up the MP. Origin ID is y2rich if anyone is around. I'll be hanging around the RPS room on Steam

The JG Man
17-03-2012, 10:54 PM
Got kicked from a game in the lobby earlier because apparently I wasn't good enough to do silver reapers. Which I'd completed many times before. With the best score. With worse weapons. I tried to reply, but I couldn't find the button for the mic in time, what with it changing from the demo.

Anyhow, got the sentinel to level 20. Managed to get a Widow along the way and a Mantis to 5, but nothing else too interesting. It'll be nice to play with you folk some time soon. In the mean time, I've inadvertently got my EMS to 100%, so that'll be nice for when I complete the game.

Ravelle
18-03-2012, 03:47 PM
Your EMS degrade when you're not playing though, so you will have to keep playing a couple of rounds every day to keep it at that.

Also is anyone else having stability issues with the server? I lost connection half way through a match, gone were my experience, bonuses and my change to get the silver reaper victory pack.

RakeShark
18-03-2012, 06:58 PM
I think I got you on Origin friends list Rav, if you want I can help you out with that achievement later today/tonight.

Sceptrum
18-03-2012, 09:49 PM
I'm hoping I can join up and play with you guys too. Haven't played ME3 in a week, since all my unlocked stuff was relocked and haven't touched MP to make sure I won't cause any problems for when Bioware restores what I lost. Since I had unlocked a lot I'm in no mood to re-unlock all again, as with my luck I wouldn't get the juicy stuff back (Black Widow, Widow III, Turians etc.)

laneford
18-03-2012, 10:02 PM
What do you need to get this bonus silver pack? My team beat the reapers on a silver challenge, but I died on the final wave so it was only 'partial' extraction...

Heliocentric
18-03-2012, 10:51 PM
What do you need to get this bonus silver pack? My team beat the reapers on a silver challenge, but I died on the final wave so it was only 'partial' extraction...

As long as the host was tracking.

RakeShark
18-03-2012, 11:31 PM
From what I read, someone has to be extracted, so one dude can win it for you.

Heliocentric
18-03-2012, 11:32 PM

As long as the host was tracking.

RakeShark
19-03-2012, 02:08 AM
Success! Jockie, Rei, Kab, and someone whose name I forgot managed to not only complete the silver-reaper challenge, but also survived a gold level Cerebrus! Salarian Special Forces lead the way!

QuantaCat
19-03-2012, 08:55 AM
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... I finished so many silver things in the mean time, but I didnt get the fucking victory pack. now I missed it.

Nalano
19-03-2012, 09:05 AM
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... I finished so many silver things in the mean time, but I didnt get the fucking victory pack. now I missed it.

You wouldn't get it 'til Tuesday at any rate. And you might get it anyway 'cuz of the whole "kill a million Brutes" thing.

QuantaCat
19-03-2012, 09:58 AM
thanks, just thought I played it to hell, hoping Id snag one, only to find out its been done or somesuch. ergh.

also, accept friend request you fool. :D

(unless you already did and I missed it)

Oshada
19-03-2012, 10:54 AM
My Origin ID is Flambirex. I'm pretty crappy (rather less crappy as Engineer or Sentinel).

Heliocentric
19-03-2012, 11:30 AM
survived a gold level Cerebrus! Salarian Special Forces lead the way!

2 things:
It's Salarian Special Tasks Group aka STG, "special tasks" is far more sinister than "special forces".

Cerberus is the dumbest enemy for engineers, indeed its only the reapers banshees that are not addicted to the candy dispensers of death (aka decoy and combat drone). But I've solo'd a whole bronze cerberus with my engineer, I've come to realise that the harmony between certain classes is extremely influential.

Burnside
19-03-2012, 11:40 AM
I was punching out a bit of bronze over the weekend, and now I have a question for my learned colleagues - were any of you getting around three times as many husks as you should have been (vs reapers) late sunday night?

I originally thought it was something to do with the brute challenge, but it only happened for two rounds so it just might have been the most awesome bug I've seen in ages. Everything came with husks, husks everywhere. The capture device/hold ground waves were sickening, and the most fun I've had with me3 mp so far - towards the end the squad was safe from banshees and brutes because there was no space free of husks for them to reach us. Sadly we wiped on wave 10, and since then the (bronze) reaper maps have been quiet. Too quiet.

So I'm almost ready for silver, I think - I'm unit_redacted on origin and I <3 full extractions.

Anthile
19-03-2012, 12:18 PM
You can always add me, too. Nam'es Anthile. I'm the world's greatest vanguard*.

*blatant lie

deano2099
19-03-2012, 01:20 PM
Tried to play around 3 different times over the weekend. Didn't manage to complete a single game because of random disconnections. Including one at five seconds before extraction. Oh and when that happens you get nothing. None of the XP or money you have so far.

Annoying because I'm enjoying it but having the fun sapped out of it by the god-awful net code. I've never had such issues with any other online game before. Is it just me?

The JG Man
19-03-2012, 02:24 PM
I can see this MP going the way of Space Marine's - generally very enjoyable, but let down and ultimately a force driving away players due to its connection structure.

Anthile
19-03-2012, 02:31 PM
Right now it's the case that whenever the host leaves, everyone gets kicked out even though it says something about restarting the current wave with another host - but that just never happens.

Nalano
19-03-2012, 05:24 PM
Right now it's the case that whenever the host leaves, everyone gets kicked out even though it says something about restarting the current wave with another host - but that just never happens.

I dunno about that. I DC'd as host one time and it went to my buddy in the game. The game continued (it just restarted that wave) and I was able to rejoin it. Two hours or so later I was in a game where the host DCed and it just restarted the wave (with enemies enough for three, not four players).

Dentharial
19-03-2012, 07:05 PM
I've actually never seen it drop when the host leaves. It's always restarted the wave on the 4 or 5 times I've seen that happen.

Also, finally throwing my name down here: I'm LemonAndLime on Origin.

Ravelle
20-03-2012, 12:07 AM
How do you guys feel about buddies dropping in to your game? Sometimes I want to join one of you guys but then decide that's kind of rude. :P

Sceptrum
20-03-2012, 12:11 AM
How do you guys feel about buddies dropping in to your game? Sometimes I want to join one of you guys but then decide that's kind of rude. :P

I don't mind. People are on my friendslist for a reason =)

Jockie
20-03-2012, 01:50 AM
A friend has opened his mumble server up for RPS ME3 co-op usage. Here's the details:

IP: 85.236.97.19
Port: 1562

Heliocentric
20-03-2012, 07:43 AM

Join away, but if you play vanguard and whoosh bang tivyour death? I'm not hurrying to save you, but that's true for anyone.

Nalano
20-03-2012, 09:03 AM
Join away, but if you play vanguard and whoosh bang tivyour death?

I wanna unlock an Asari Adept so bad. Saw one that worked wonders with warp/throw at distance. Also made it very easy for me to spam my M-37 Falcon without somebody blocking all my shots, you freakin' deathmonkey vanguards, why don't you play a man's melee like Krogan Sentinels but I digress.

Heliocentric
20-03-2012, 10:06 AM
freakin' deathmonkey vanguards, why don't you play a man's melee like Krogan Sentinels[/I] but I digress.
I've actually started to hate Sentinel more than vanguard, but that's because I play vanguard to drag people's "asses out of the fire", but the other melee builds need cover to heal (except either salarian with their slightly unreliable and useless vs reapers energy drain. )

Ravelle
20-03-2012, 11:33 AM
Join away, but if you play vanguard and whoosh bang tivyour death? I'm not hurrying to save you, but that's true for anyone.

I spend most of my time leveling my Quarian Infiltrator, also even when playing Vanguard which was also my Shep's class I rarely went up close.

SoulPride
20-03-2012, 01:40 PM
I've got an Asari Adept and a Quarian Infiltrator and I'd love to play a few rounds with some friendly RPS chaps.

My name on Origin is 1728tobrien.

Kadayi
20-03-2012, 02:35 PM
A friend has opened his mumble server up for RPS ME3 co-op usage. Here's the details:

IP: 85.236.97.19
Port: 1562

Indeed. People are welcome to use it.

Also an Asari Adept is pretty much essential on Gold (although it's more a support role). Stasis is a great tool for managing phantoms whilst your team wail on them.

Kadayi on Origin.

Anthile
20-03-2012, 02:55 PM
Personally, I prefer the drell adept. Reave just tears through banshees (and by extension, pretty much all of the elite mooks) and is one of the only ways to deal with them beyond "shoot it a lot".

RakeShark
20-03-2012, 03:21 PM
"Does anyone have any missiles?"
"I have 5."
"5!?"

Ravelle
20-03-2012, 07:47 PM
Anyone feel like shooting up some dudes this evening? If so hit me an invite. :)

Heliocentric
20-03-2012, 08:12 PM
Whenever my host left the other players disappear and I'm playing solo Vs gold cerberus with 3 waves left....

Decoy is badass! Watching it slap back 8 of those riot shield guys eternally had tears in my eyes laughing.

Nalano
20-03-2012, 08:23 PM
I've actually started to hate Sentinel more than vanguard, but that's because I play vanguard to drag people's "asses out of the fire", but the other melee builds need cover to heal (except either salarian with their slightly unreliable and useless vs reapers energy drain. )

But Sentinels don't make the screen shake while I'm trying to aim (which is why I use the Falcon now; aiming - what's that?) and tend not to end up dead on the far side of the map behind three banshees and a brute.

Anthile
20-03-2012, 08:36 PM
I learned that a drell adept with a carnifex paired with a turian sentinel armed with a shotgun is incredibly effective. You don't even really need cover since both of you have rather hefty damage reduction. We also had a decent salarian infiltrator so it didn't matter that the last guy constantly got himself killed (I think he was a vanguard).

Anyways, I'm up for some shooting right now.

Heliocentric
20-03-2012, 08:42 PM
But Sentinels don't make the screen shake while I'm trying to aim (which is why I use the Falcon now; aiming - what's that?) and tend not to end up dead on the far side of the map behind three banshees and a brute.

True, a bad vanguard is worse than no player at all.
But screen shake? Even when I use a scoped heavy pistol to pop off headshot on shield guards the 'vanguard wiggle" doesn't bother me.

But on patient and careful vanguard upgraded to max shields the charge button amounts to a "MOAR HELF" button. Also amusing to smack enemies lifted by biotics out of the level.

Nalano
20-03-2012, 09:05 PM
But screen shake?

Sniper scopes are more powerful (and therefore more finicky) than pistol scopes (plus, all pistols are semi-auto). So if I'm gonna use the futuro-bolt-action, I either learn to accept missing a lot or shooting where the Vanguard's not and therefore accepting that we're not going to play well together. This gets especially infuriating when I'm trying to nail phantoms which can go down easily if you don't miss.

The JG Man
21-03-2012, 01:57 PM
Nice games with a few of you guys last night! Just remember to never listen to my ideas!

Anyhow, I opened up my commendation pack, fearing I would get the SMG. I did not. I did, however, get the Valiant sniper rifle. Not amazing, but we'll see what it can do.

QuantaCat
21-03-2012, 01:59 PM
I got the N7 shotgun. looks awesome! (even though it makes my power percentage plummet, thus unsuitable for my power users)

Jockie
21-03-2012, 02:13 PM
I got the shotgun too, it's very strange because its so accurate as to be useless at short range (slow rate of fire, if you miss you're in trouble). It's kind of like a sniper rifle/handcannon dressed up in a shotguns clothes.

I can also verify that listening to JG Man's ideas is a mistake!

The JG Man
21-03-2012, 03:03 PM
I sorta wish I had the shotgun. Or at least I did before I had the Valiant. Damn.

Basically it is super accurate, does semi-auto damage and has a firing rate of silliness. It's good to fire again immediately after the next shot and takes about that length of time to reload too. Excellent for popping off standard targets, but with cloak power also good for taking down slightly larger ones too with its decent ammo reserve. Maybe not best for an infiltrator to get the most out of the cloak bonus, but definitely good all rounder sniper rifle. I'm happy enough with it.

Flint
21-03-2012, 04:13 PM
I think my super special reward pack bugged out because all I got weapons-wise was another Vindicator upgrade.

Ravelle
21-03-2012, 05:04 PM
I received the Revenant I, the gun I used the most in the campaign, highly inaccurate but man does firing it make you feel good.

Also noticed they have a Premium Veteran Package online now.

QuantaCat
21-03-2012, 07:07 PM
Yes, I got a kickass shotgun from the premium veteran package. Revenant I believe.

Also, mumbling together with flint, only the two of us in a bronze game was lots and lots of fun. We almost made it. I should have probably sacrificed him in order to finish off the wave, but I guess I cant just let him die, damnit!

frenz0rz
21-03-2012, 07:24 PM
After foolishly playing through the whole singleplayer campaign without even touching the multiplayer, I'll probably give it a go either tonight or tomorrow. My Origin name is Frenz0rz, feel free to add me.

Ravelle
21-03-2012, 07:41 PM
Most of the times games are lost is because people sometimes die near the wall they took cover behind, and the other trying to buzz him back to life but instead either sticks to a wall because the game thinks you want to take cover because you press space near a wall or it thinks you want to jump over it, not revive a fallen squad member.

Jockie
21-03-2012, 07:59 PM
Yeah, the 'Spacebar does everything' was an annoyance in the single player, but it becomes a real problem in the MP.

Heliocentric
21-03-2012, 08:30 PM
Yeah, the 'Spacebar does everything' was an annoyance in the single player, but it becomes a real problem in the MP.

Play as vanguard of infiltrator, you'll forget the spacebar even exists, cover, whats that?

Kadayi
21-03-2012, 08:38 PM
Nice games with a few of you guys last night! Just remember to never listen to my ideas!

It was fun listening to you guys doing reapers on gold. much hilarity.

Nalano
21-03-2012, 08:55 PM
Most of the times games are lost is because people sometimes die near the wall they took cover behind, and the other trying to buzz him back to life but instead either sticks to a wall because the game thinks you want to take cover because you press space near a wall or it thinks you want to jump over it, not revive a fallen squad member.

Related: I've seen a few wipes in ME3 for the same reason I see 'em in BF3: Before you rez me, kill what killed me! Because likely it's right around the corner and liable to kill you too.

QuantaCat
21-03-2012, 09:17 PM
sorry, flint, for leaving so suddenly in our game. urgent stuffs and so on. I thought I was able to dedicate an hour to this.
I hope you guys still won?

Flint
21-03-2012, 09:34 PM
I hope you guys still won?
One member managed to hit the dropship evac zone at the very last second after everybody else (including me) had fallen dead. So sort of!

Ravelle
21-03-2012, 09:44 PM
Related: I've seen a few wipes in ME3 for the same reason I see 'em in BF3: Before you rez me,
kill what killed me! Because likely it's right around the corner and liable to kill you too.

Most of the time you're swarmed and you try to rez the guy and get the hell out to somewhere save, if I'd kill the thing that killed him the guy's probably dead by then, bled to death or executed.

RakeShark
21-03-2012, 10:13 PM
Admittedly, I've been on both sides of the coin, wishing the guy would either just rez me and regroup elsewhere, or clear the area.

Though for massive amounts of insta-kill baddies, it's always wiser to just nuke the area with a rocket than just play dance dance revolution with wall-cover and combat rolls.

Ravelle
22-03-2012, 12:41 AM
I usually save my rockets for Brutes and Banshee's, no squad member is worth a rocket. No offense guys. ;p

QuantaCat
22-03-2012, 08:57 AM
I once saved a squad member with a rocket just as he was about to be sliced up by banshee. Epic win moment, but since there is no text chat, there were no thank yous, obviously.

Ravelle
22-03-2012, 11:15 AM
There is however people with soupcans for microphones yelling in their native language something that reminds me of Overlords screaming.

Flint
22-03-2012, 03:15 PM
I'm using this topic as an opportunity to moan and complain about my wretched luck, because after all these hours of MP and countless booster packs I still haven't unlocked any pistols and have to make do with the starter one with the few classes I use pistols with. Grrr.

Ravelle
22-03-2012, 04:31 PM
I heard you like the Avenger so here's another +1 to your Avenger Rifle. :L

Jaxvor
22-03-2012, 04:41 PM
I had a scare last night when I tried to buy one of the new 33,000 credit Veteran packs and the transaction failed to complete. My credits didn't reduce so I carried on and found that my character had suddenly gained 6 extra skill points from nowhere. Weird. I decided to log out and restart ME3, my skill points then went back down to what they should have been but my credits had been reduced by the cost of the pack.

I was prepared to howl with rage but then checked available character types and it seems the pack had been purchased and I'd unlocked a couple of new races. Still have no idea what else I got though.

Burnside
22-03-2012, 07:35 PM
I had a scare last night...

This happens to me any time I buy a pack after doing anything in mp - at least you're not getting ripped off, but it is pretty annoying. Though on the other hand my pistol barrel went from I to III at some point this week and that discovery was exciting.

Nalano
22-03-2012, 07:43 PM
I'm using this topic as an opportunity to moan and complain about my wretched luck, because after all these hours of MP and countless booster packs I still haven't unlocked any pistols and have to make do with the starter one with the few classes I use pistols with. Grrr.

I had fantastic luck with upgrading the M-27 Falcon - I got it up to IV and then got barrel upgrades - right up until they nerfed it on Tuesday. Khaaaaan!

But they buffed turrets and the M-76 Revenant, so now I'm playing a Quarian Engineer with a machine gun and a deployable machine gun.

frenz0rz
22-03-2012, 08:21 PM
Well well, this is rather fun. I'll be around tonight with my Turian Sentinel if anyone fancies a few games.

Ravelle
22-03-2012, 08:26 PM
If your game isn't full when I try to join I'm in!

Flint
22-03-2012, 08:57 PM
Moaning, nature's greatest problem solver. Two rounds into a session and I get myself a Phalanx handgun.

Ravelle
22-03-2012, 09:46 PM
Moaning, nature's greatest problem solver. Two rounds into a session and I get myself a Phalanx handgun.

The Phalanx is all good and all but it doesn't shoot Singularities like the Scorpion, oh what I'd do for that gun.

Also EA get your servers functional, that I get the From Ashes DLC can't be authorized every time I start the game is one thing but when I buy a package and I get three times the message the transaction failed, then when I reload it suddenly did buy the package but didn't see what I got is really annoying.

Jaxvor
23-03-2012, 07:24 PM
There's another multiplayer even this weekend, although not quite as fun as last week, it's a bonus of 25% XP for every level, challenge, opponent, etc. So I assume it's a flat +25% XP added on at the end of every mission. There's a hint that you'll need a high level character for next week's event...

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/03/23/operation-fortress/

Ravelle
23-03-2012, 10:07 PM
With Reaper forces beaten back, relief efforts are under way in the newly-taken territory.

New Levels?

All players will get +25% experience over the weekend as Citadel Allied Command reviews the lessons of Operation Goliath and uses them to train new forces.

New Races and/or classes?

I see no hints for using high level dudes though.

Flint
23-03-2012, 10:10 PM
Naw, I think "newly-taken" is simply fluff wording for "we beat the enemies in the random levels and now they're ours again (until they come up in "choose random level" again)", and the training new forces bit refers to the lower level characters you'd use the exp boost with.

Ravelle
23-03-2012, 10:12 PM
That makes sense I guess, got my hopes up a little too. Oh well here's hoping for April.

Flint
23-03-2012, 10:16 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if we got some new characters at some point though, the selection screen has a conspicuous empty space for one additional character for each class. I think the new ending DLC rumours said something about new characters included with it but who knows about that.

Nalano
23-03-2012, 10:33 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if we got some new characters at some point though, the selection screen has a conspicuous empty space for one additional character for each class. I think the new ending DLC rumours said something about new characters included with it but who knows about that.

Yeah. I expect them to expand class roles and whatnot.

In the meantime, Turian Soldier with Marksman and Revenant = DAKKADAKKADAKKADAKKADAKKA

Heliocentric
23-03-2012, 10:53 PM
I hope they do expand the mechanics because as they stand I'm getting bored.

Flint
23-03-2012, 10:54 PM
I wouldn't mind a few more levels and maybe some new objective types myself.

Ravelle
23-03-2012, 11:12 PM
Yeah. I expect them to expand class roles and whatnot.

In the meantime, Turian Soldier with Marksman and Revenant = DAKKADAKKADAKKADAKKADAKKA

I have a Turian Soldier but his shield is made of porcelain and because the stick up his butt he can't roll.

Nalano
23-03-2012, 11:33 PM
I have a Turian Soldier but his shield is made of porcelain and because the stick up his butt he can't roll.

Roll Sentinel so he can take the stick out and beat people to death with it. :P

But really, when you can take on two Geth Hunters at a time at point blank range with the power of dakka, who needs to roll?

Ravelle
24-03-2012, 12:14 AM
Roll Sentinel so he can take the stick out and beat people to death with it. :P

But really, when you can take on two Geth Hunters at a time at point blank range with the power of dakka, who needs to roll?

Yeah I guess, he's just so vulnerable at low level compared to the rest. :P

Oshada
24-03-2012, 09:40 AM
The purchase failures were annoying until I realised I actually got the stuff that was in the pack :L

I wish I could get a decent assault rifle (Revenant, Falcon, or even a damn Phaeston) but I've had decent luck so far. No Quarians yet though, they're godly vs geth.

Ravelle
24-03-2012, 11:15 AM
The purchase failures were annoying until I realised I actually got the stuff that was in the pack :L

I wish I could get a decent assault rifle (Revenant, Falcon, or even a damn Phaeston) but I've had decent luck so far. No Quarians yet though, they're godly vs geth.

Hacking primes and atlas's is sweet, though even on maxed sabotage it won't last long.

Sketch
24-03-2012, 03:55 PM
I wish they'd hurry up and release the Geth, that will be aweeeeeeeesome.

Soon
24-03-2012, 08:44 PM
Everybody still playing?
I'm pretty terrible but tend to reliably have your flank.
I'll go through and add some friends, my ID is KTaillefer.

Ravelle
24-03-2012, 11:20 PM
I play almost every day, if you see me online feel free to invite to me a game. :)

@Wounded, I just hope they won't be too similar to the Quarians.

Wizlah
25-03-2012, 05:27 PM
I'll be amusing myself with this during the week, whilst I'm doing work on the gaff and waiting for the ME3 face patch to come through. For someone who hasn't ventured online to shoot things in a long time, I'm enjoying it. I'm shite, but I'm enjoying it. I get gratuitous pleasure from running around cloaked trying to heal people and activate/deactivate stuff.

More than happy to provide brief support for other RPS'ers before getting shot. Origin tag is EfayML.

frenz0rz
25-03-2012, 06:07 PM
More than happy to provide brief support for other RPS'ers before getting shot. Origin tag is EfayML.

Are you sure thats it pal? Cant seem to find you.

Wizlah
25-03-2012, 07:29 PM
Are you sure thats it pal? Cant seem to find you.

Should be up now. Might have accidentally locked down my profile to public viewing. Silly, paranoid me.

Wizlah
25-03-2012, 08:13 PM
Whilst I think of it, am I being really thick or is setting up Voice Chat less than straightforward on Origin? I wouldn't mind hearing everyone cursing at my ineneptitude.

May go online later this evening again. Trying to beat a work deadline right now.

Coccyx
25-03-2012, 08:49 PM
We've been using mumble for voice coms. I can't find you either btw, but you're welcome to add me and join us - Coccyx1238 on Origin

Wizlah
25-03-2012, 08:54 PM
Hrm. that's weird that I'm not showing up. I'll try adding you and frenzorz.

I'll download mumble a bit later and set it up. Something to divert me from a late night's work. Working on a proof for a gears of war novel, hence gaming foremost in my brain right now.

Sceptrum
25-03-2012, 09:13 PM
If any of you are doing Bronze or Silver matches, feel free to invite me Sceptrum to games if you see me online. Two weeks and I still haven't gotten my items back, but played a bit today and managed to get my Salarian Engineer back at least with Carnifex, so as long as I stay the hell outta his Weapon loadout screen, my Carnifex should still be there.

Soon
25-03-2012, 09:13 PM
Hmm. So how does this work? Do I just randomly invite people to join a game? What if you're mid-game?
This is literally the first time I've played multiplayer. For anything. And first time with origin.

Wizlah
25-03-2012, 09:37 PM
If you look back through this thread, QuantaCat has put up names on the server list (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?668-Server-List) of those people playing ME3. You can just invite them to be a friend.

Wizlah
25-03-2012, 09:48 PM
I usually save my rockets for Brutes and Banshee's, no squad member is worth a rocket. No offense guys. ;p

Found out about Rockets and banshees the hard way today. Had a couple kept back, and the banshee went through three of us. Afterwards I was looking at my gear and I realised I coulda used a rocket to sort the problem before the damn thing ever got close to us.

Ravelle
25-03-2012, 09:52 PM
It seems the bug that makes you disconnect from the EA servers when you buy packages occurs more and more.

I also changed my Origin ID to xRavelle to avoid confusion. ;p

Heliocentric
25-03-2012, 09:53 PM
If you get it off early banshees get confused by combat drones.

Nalano
25-03-2012, 10:48 PM
If you get it off early banshees get confused by combat drones.

Banshees.

Eugh.

Srsly, most people would rather wipe than use their missile launchers, but when they see two Banshees together? Poom BOOM.

Ravelle
25-03-2012, 11:00 PM
Banshees.

Eugh.

Srsly, most people would rather wipe than use their missile launchers, but when they see two Banshees together? Poom BOOM.

I only use my rockets when absolutely needed, last wave of the mission, everyone dead and the Banshee's heading for me etc.

Wizlah
26-03-2012, 12:13 AM
Well, sent a load of you friends invites, but not going to be around for the rest of this evening. Deadline beckons. Back to reading about Big Men and Women shooting grubs and being manly.

Wizlah
26-03-2012, 12:15 AM
I only use my rockets when absolutely needed, last wave of the mission, everyone dead and the Banshee's heading for me etc.

ack. used two this evening (one banshee, one atlas), and it feels so goddam wasteful.

Nalano
26-03-2012, 01:28 AM
ack. used two this evening (one banshee, one atlas), and it feels so goddam wasteful.

I find that funny, considering that they're worth exactly as much as medipacks - which everybody abuses at the drop of a hat - and are awarded like candy if you're not in the habit of losing all the time. I have a backlog of 40 of 'em and I'm not even trying to save any.

Wizlah
26-03-2012, 01:31 AM
Granted, I only started playing today, but I've not got that many packs in the store with me credits. I'm probably just not playing well enough to keep getting lots of cash.

Nalano
26-03-2012, 02:30 AM
Granted, I only started playing today, but I've not got that many packs in the store with me credits. I'm probably just not playing well enough to keep getting lots of cash.

A win at Bronze should get you just short of a Veteran pack. A win at Silver should get you just enough for a Special Veteran pack. A win at Gold should net you enough for a Spectre pack. So you should be able to buy something every time you play, assuming you're doing more than Bronze.

Wizlah
26-03-2012, 02:45 AM
I've just been playing at bronze for now, since, as I mentioned before, I'm a bit shite. And maybe had a bit of bad luck with the last couple of packs I got because I've not had any rockets for a while.

Heliocentric
26-03-2012, 09:18 AM
I've just been playing at bronze for now, since, as I mentioned before, I'm a bit shite. And maybe had a bit of bad luck with the last couple of packs I got because I've not had any rockets for a while.

You shouldn't really need rockets for bronze, you might have a bad class/methodology/weapon/team. How are you playing?

Wizlah
26-03-2012, 12:49 PM
Well, I'm infiltrator, so I've been getting the hang of sniping and cloaking to hack/turn on/turn off and heal. Since I'm not playing with mates, I might just have got unlucky that time the Banshee went through all of us, because we didn't act well as a team. Last night I played another match where we all used fire to take it down, and nary a rocket in sight - I went for mine briefly, but we seemed to be knocking it out quickly enough, so I left well alone.

One thing I'm learning from it so far is the importance of using cloak to fall back quickly. I've seen people finish a wave as the last person standing on bronze, but I figure if a banshee showed up, it would be a different matter. So I try to keep myself alive to act as decent support to the soldiers. I usually cock that up when I move to a forward position because I don't think I'm pulling my weight, and suddenly find myself isolated and surrounded. I do like playing the infiltrator, though. If I couldn't do this, I'd probably have to go for some brawling class with shotgun and shit loads of health.

Like I said, I've not done online multiplayer for a very long time (like Quake 2 long time), and even if I had, I'm just not that good a gamer to have decent twitch reflexes.

As you can see, I'm really selling meself as a potential teammate.

Heliocentric
26-03-2012, 01:09 PM
The ideal 'My first character" is undoubtedly engineer. A drone slows down the pressure building against you, even better with other engineers, there are 4 principle builds for drones.

Long life rocket - best used on high power(lots of overload and incinerate. low weapon builds(just an smg). The drone will be dumped at your feet and
Replaced if dead.

Bomber - Best with assault rifle or snipers highest life, span lowest hp (you want it to die) the explosion will cause much damage on secondary targets. 2 kinds of valid bomber are the focus(single target) and AoE stunner(multi target), both bomb the same but I find the multiple target bomber generates more attention.
Mainly I hit enemies in cover with it, it appears behind them, stuns them out cover then other enemies assault it, it explodes and they all die. All the while you are shooting them.

QuantaCat
26-03-2012, 01:12 PM
I agree with helio. that was my first character, and it did wonders. Now im fooling around with hand to hand combat infiltrators.
Too bad I dont have time for MP at the moment.

Heliocentric
26-03-2012, 01:22 PM
I agree with helio. that was my first character, and it did wonders. Now im fooling around with hand to hand combat infiltrators.
Too bad I dont have time for MP at the moment.

Had some fun with the Salarian infiltrator and the charging shotguns (geth and spike). Charge it, sprint with it charging, then cloak (still charging) pop off your free power (energy drain or proxy mine), then fire a second power (finally breaking the cloak and fire off the charged shotgun getting the cloaked damage bonus on a long time charged shot.
Just don't miss :-D

Wizlah
26-03-2012, 01:32 PM
I wouldn't mind trying out engineer, but I'll stick with infiltrator for now because I'm enjoying getting the hang of it. Like I said, I like the support role it provides.

I have upgraded my cloak to the point that I get a free action cloaked now, and if I could get a shotgun, I'd totally switch over, because I presume I could effectively combine with the cryo charge up close. Maybe I should weigh up my current heavy pistol versus my smg to see how effective that could be.

QuantaCat
26-03-2012, 01:50 PM
Get the disciple shotgun. It has almost no impact on your power charge (20% or so) and "pauses" hit targets. Very much worth it.

Soon
27-03-2012, 04:03 PM
After a crash, Origin insists I don't exist anymore. Hm.
No games for me until I get it sorted. Or maybe I don't exist. Is KTaillefer still on people's friend's list?

frenz0rz
27-03-2012, 04:06 PM
After a crash, Origin insists I don't exist anymore. Hm.
No games for me until I get it sorted. Or maybe I don't exist. Is KTaillefer still on people's friend's list?

According to my friends list, you are still a person who exists.

Soon
27-03-2012, 04:44 PM
I managed to get it working again, hurrah. It crashed mid-chat and I felt bad all night.
Sorry for this brief intermission.

QuantaCat
27-03-2012, 05:24 PM
Ahh. so thats where you went :D

the cocktail robots festival is here, though: roboexotica.com

Ravelle
27-03-2012, 05:59 PM
According to my friends list, you are still a person who exists.

EA needs to fix their servers and clients, I get booted more and more these days.

Arcturus
27-03-2012, 09:27 PM
I'm game for some co-op. I've been playing public Bronze but I'm looking to move into Silver. Arcturus_D on Origin

QuantaCat
27-03-2012, 09:33 PM
Added some more names to the list (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?668-Server-List). Thanks!

Burnside
28-03-2012, 11:26 AM
EA needs to fix their servers and clients, I get booted more and more these days.

I've had a string of rounds where I dc'd during extraction, worst being with 0 seconds on the clock - now every time I get that particular slack sort of lag I feel like quitting to get it over with. At least bf3 gives you some of the ribbons you've collected if you get dropped partway through!

deano2099
28-03-2012, 05:15 PM
Still enjoying this after finishing the main game - Origin ID is the same as my username here if anyone wants to add me (either a Vanguard that dies a lot or a confused Salarian Engineer).

Soon
28-03-2012, 10:28 PM
Just don't die near cover, or I'll keep sticking to it instead of reviving.
So many wasted lives.

Ravelle
28-03-2012, 10:45 PM
The most common accident I keep having is that my guy spontaneously sticks to a wall when I dash through corridors, especially when near death and I try to escape certain death.

Or that my guy does a barrel roll when I try to revive a squad mate.

RakeShark
29-03-2012, 07:41 AM
New patch if you haven't noticed: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/343/index/9544143/1#9660503

A small buff to the Falcon from the massive rate of fire nerf it got handed. And it seems the Javelin got a nice damage boost at the cost of ammo and weight.

Gorm
29-03-2012, 12:46 PM
I added a bunch of people from this thread but missed some for sure, add me if i didnt add you. I'm Mrogface on origin. I'm just installing it now.

The JG Man
29-03-2012, 01:00 PM
Geth Assault Rifle's weight's been lowered by 33%? Yeah, that was definitely the reason I wasn't using it...

Jaxvor
29-03-2012, 03:02 PM
Remember last week when I said you might need high level characters this week? http://blog.bioware.com/2012/03/28/operation-raptor/

Promote two level 20 characters and get a fancy pack.

Giaddon
29-03-2012, 03:13 PM
I've been playing this a ton. Feel free to add Giaddon and mow down some Geth with me.

Wizlah
30-03-2012, 02:24 PM
Yeah, add me to the list as well - EfayML. I have just discovered today that my laptop can comfortably manage me3 multiplayer, and my wireless connection behaves as well (played a couple of public matches today and it worked well). I'm usually good for one, maybe two late night matches when I'm taking a break from work - they slot in nicely at 20 minutes or so. I could see this being the only thing I play for a while, to be honest. It's a perfect fit for my work cycle, because I just don't have that much free time available to me to game right now.

The one thing I won't be able to do is run voice comms from my laptop. Practicality here means if I'm playing, I need to keep an ear out for kids waking up and the like.

Oshada
30-03-2012, 03:33 PM
I just unlocked an Asari Adept! Oh my word, they kick some serious ass.

Also, please add me to the list, my Origin ID is Flambirex.

Wizlah
30-03-2012, 05:48 PM
My infiltrator is loving her lowly phalanx with pistol sights and expanded ammo capability. Nice compliment to the oul' sniper rifle.

The JG Man
30-03-2012, 06:41 PM
New strategy; give soldier biggest guns possible, forgetting about wait. Eviscerator and Valiant and I'm tearing shit apart. Chuck in a couple of grenades for good measure and you're done. It's certainly not as complex as any of the other classes, but at least you get the satisfaction of walking around with massive things on your back.

Soon
31-03-2012, 12:00 AM
Whew, tense! Everybody died at the extraction point. Repeatedly. Save for my lone infiltrator having to keep cloaking and reviving and dodging and losing shields and hiding just before the point of death... Aiie. A miraculous full extraction. A hero.

Burnside
31-03-2012, 02:14 AM
Randomly unlocked the revenant, threw my turian soldier a bone - the veil over his eyes has been lifted and he is bestowed with the holy righteous force of dakka dakka dakka!

airtekh
31-03-2012, 02:56 PM
Wow. ME3 coop seems very popular around here!

I'm a tad late to the Mass Effect 3 scene, since I just got the game and am working through the singleplayer. Because the MP has an effect on the SP, I figured I'd play the two concurrently.

I've always been a Sentinel since Mass Effect 1 so that's what I picked for my first multiplayer character.

I'm airtekk on Origin, if anyone wants to add me.

QuantaCat
31-03-2012, 08:20 PM
Wow. ME3 coop seems very popular around here!

I'm a tad late to the Mass Effect 3 scene, since I just got the game and am working through the singleplayer. Because the MP has an effect on the SP, I figured I'd play the two concurrently.

I've always been a Sentinel since Mass Effect 1 so that's what I picked for my first multiplayer character.

I'm airtekk on Origin, if anyone wants to add me.

Can I add you to the server list as well?

airtekh
31-03-2012, 09:17 PM
Sure.

Might be a good idea for me to add everyone else on that list - if that's what everybody else is doing?

QuantaCat
31-03-2012, 09:29 PM
Sure.

Might be a good idea for me to add everyone else on that list - if that's what everybody else is doing?

I cant speak for anyone else, but thats what I did atleast.

Wizlah
01-04-2012, 09:04 AM
Got my first award for 50 assists in a game yesterday with my turian soldier. So proud.

Gorm
01-04-2012, 06:02 PM
Anyone have lag problems? I'm on BT and i'm willing to blame them.

Soon
01-04-2012, 07:37 PM
Anyone have lag problems? I'm on BT and i'm willing to blame them.

I've had it occasionally, not with BT. With hilarious consequences.
People and enemies were teleporting around the level, my own character was teleporting, or sometimes sliding, to the position he was in a few seconds earlier, which was fun when trying to run away. There was once an invisible Banshee (apart from the blue glow), but best of all: The Invincible Banshee.

Wayward_Ronin
02-04-2012, 12:35 AM
I've been having a lot of fun with this, although I'm still trying to learn how to use combos effectively. Salarian engineer with lots of decoy use is a favourite so far.

I need some friends! I don't post much here but I probably put a rocket in your face if you used to play on the TF2 RPS server. I'm BushidoJoe on Origin if anyone wants to add me.

QuantaCat
02-04-2012, 09:10 AM
There is a list of origin names just for that purpose: here (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?668-Server-List). Keep em comin!

Also, Ive had lots and lots of fun with Tail/Soon. Very epic moments of Prime & Pyro spams at the control tower, and multiple infiltrators trying to sneak in in order to hack. Very frantic and fun.

Gorm
02-04-2012, 03:32 PM
I havent got any extra races yet :(

Soon
02-04-2012, 04:20 PM
I've been having a lot of fun with this, although I'm still trying to learn how to use combos effectively. Salarian engineer with lots of decoy use is a favourite so far.

Decoy is amazing. Saved my life and others many times. I tend to run out into the field and throw one down before the spawn and it creates a temporary shooting gallery for everybody else as the enemies are drawn towards it. I play engineer a lot.

Also, Ive had lots and lots of fun with Tail/Soon. Very epic moments of Prime & Pyro spams at the control tower, and multiple infiltrators trying to sneak in in order to hack. Very frantic and fun.

Aw, thanks, Cat. Been a pleasure.

The JG Man
02-04-2012, 04:49 PM
Promoted my Sentinel after I realised my Turian's spec was not as good as it could've been. It's also allowed me to try out some different weapons, which is always a plus. Got my soldier to level 20, so that deed is done.

I've also cleaned out all the basic weapons from recruit packs, so I can focus on veterans. I've unlocked a lot of appearance things, but no bloody Krogans yet. I'm disappointed about this.

Soon
02-04-2012, 06:40 PM
I've also cleaned out all the basic weapons from recruit packs, so I can focus on veterans. I've unlocked a lot of appearance things, but no bloody Krogans yet. I'm disappointed about this.

I think Krogans are rare unlocks. May be worth saving up instead of relying on the small chance of rares in veteran packs.

Oshada
03-04-2012, 01:33 AM
Incidentally does anyone know what the 'small chance' is? I'm guessing it's around 2-5%. I've bought around 30 Veteran packs (I think) and I unlocked the Carnifex and the Geth Plasma Shotgun from them, not too bad.

The JG Man
03-04-2012, 01:36 AM
I think Krogans are rare unlocks. May be worth saving up instead of relying on the small chance of rares in veteran packs.

Good to know, cheers. Gonna be a long haul though as I don't often play Gold.

QuantaCat
03-04-2012, 04:21 AM
? there is stuff that only unlocks through gold?

Burnside
03-04-2012, 10:33 AM
I can't find a reliable source for chances of unlocks in each pack, though there are lots of guesses out there. However, if you're wondering about the scarcity of each item/character: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/343/index/9729342/1

It's probably the skinner box talking, but spectre packs seem to be the best value to me if you have your heart set on a rare; and there's also the chance of picking up n7 weapons like the paladin (not that I'll ever give up my carnifex).

Wizlah
03-04-2012, 10:41 AM
Having played for about a week now, I'd agree. I've got into the habit of trying a couple of bronze matches when I'm starting a character out, because I'm not good enough to keep them alive (and I've been bizarrely low on med packs for ages now. Most matches I've had to play without them. It's a right pain) until they've leveled up a bit. The tendency is to blow them on recruit packs when you're not earning as much, but the returns are low. First spectre pack in ages I got a Revenant, which has made a real difference to leveling up my 2nd turian soldier.

Really loving playing a soldier with a decent assault rifle. Seems like the turian soldier is all about suppressing fire and either proximity mines or blasts which weaken the enemy and allow someone else to finish them off. And it's very satisfying to unload with the revenant+proximity mine combo when you're one on one with someone.

Having seen that my lappy can cope with multiplayer, I've got to say that the ME3 multiplayer acts as a real gateway game. I thought I'd be completely outclassed, but I can usually get by and I've had one or two really fun matches with fellow RPS'ers. It's made me think I could easily get into a more regular game of left 4 dead/left 4 dead 2.

Also, the majority of people you play with on public are pretty on it when you play silver. I'd like to get more decent equipment in before trying gold though, and I think I'd prefer to do it with RPS folk. Even though I don't actually know any of ye folk, playing with an RPS'er seems more fun. You are all nice people. This is my first time gaming online in the era of mics and voice chat. There are a lot of impatient, barely sufferable arseholes out there who think you haven't a clue. This does not happen with rps'ers (although I can usually only listen in).

airtekh
03-04-2012, 10:54 AM
Tried my hand at a Veteran pack and unlocked a Quarian engineer, so I guess I know what my second class is going to be!

As regards the difficulty: is it possible to succeed at Gold and Silver difficulty without unlocking some decent gear, or is it suicide? I've only tried Bronze so far, trying to scrape up some cash and xp for my Sentinel.

The JG Man
03-04-2012, 10:56 AM
The way I see it, you should always play bronze with a fresh character or low level equipment, silver when you're at level 8 or so and/or have good equipment and you should only play gold with a high level character (18+) and decent equipment. I think the community has worked something out akin to that, so public games tend not to fail so easily.

EDIT:

airtekh, yes it is, but I'd advise on using a class that has more offensive/supportive abilities and less of a requirement on weapons. I wouldn't advise doing gold until you've got some decent stuff, or at least are using good equipment boosters, but for silver that's definitely possible.

airtekh
03-04-2012, 11:07 AM
Ok, thanks for that. My Sentinel is level 14/15 now and I'm still on Bronze!

Another thought: do you guys generally work on levelling multiple characters at a time or only concentrate on one?

I kind of had it in my head that I would focus on one class up to lvl 20, then switch to another.

Wizlah
03-04-2012, 11:11 AM
Airtekh, I'd agree with JG Man. The only exception I can think of is the infiltrator class, because even at low level, you can use cloak to get yourself out of trouble quickly. I guess it might be the same for the vanguard because they can effectively teleport.

JG man, I've noticed a lot of times on public servers, people now drop out if they don't think one person can handle it on silver. I presume you can get by with three players on silver, although it is tough and you have to be really tight on reviving each other.

Wizlah
03-04-2012, 11:13 AM
I kind of had it in my head that I would focus on one class up to lvl 20, then switch to another.

My first two were an infiltrator and a soldier, and I tried doing one then another. But once you start to get a feel for different styles of play, you can probably mix and match depending on your mood. Use bronze level to experiment, silver to hone your skills in a particular play style.

The JG Man
03-04-2012, 11:52 AM
Another thought: do you guys generally work on levelling multiple characters at a time or only concentrate on one?

It's easier to focus on one, but play what you enjoy/have unlocked. Just remember what level you are and what tools you have should direct what difficulty you play on. For a good bit of time, I played with a level 20 character. If you enjoy it, keep at it.

I presume you can get by with three players on silver, although it is tough and you have to be really tight on reviving each other.

The amount of enemies scales, so you can quite conceivably complete even gold solo (indeed, there are videos of this) but you have to take into account the fact that the more people there are, the greater potential variety of skills you have access to, which makes it comparatively easier the more you have.

airtekh
03-04-2012, 11:56 AM
I think I will start leveling another class. It might be nice to have something else to switch to in order to balance a team out.

I remember a game I had yesterday where we had two Sentinels, myself and someone else. We all died around wave 10 (I forgot to use medi gel to revive myself, D'oh!) Maybe we could have done with another class with more firepower instead of the extra Sentinel, which is more of a support class.

QuantaCat
03-04-2012, 01:06 PM
Just had fun with booncha, on a bronze with just the two of us, both of us turian soldiers with the revenant, and an awesome pistol (mine was an arc). we made it to wave 10, then I died by pyro + shotgun to the face.

The JG Man
03-04-2012, 01:58 PM
Maybe we could have done with another class with more firepower instead of the extra Sentinel, which is more of a support class.

..bwhahahahah! Firstly, unless you're a Krogan or going for objectives, don't use Tech Armour, it's shit. Straight up, it's just pants. The cooldown increase for your other abilities is not worth it, when some artful dodging, use of your spec ops pack (the one that instantly refills shields and health to full) or not being an idiot means the trade-off simply isn't worth it. Now, depending on where you go from here depends on whether or not you want to be support-offensive, or offensively-support. Take my Turian Sentinel, for example, you get warp and overload. Depending on how you spec them, you can either make targets weaker or strike more of them for a little less power. Of course, you can go full-on heavy hitting and quick refreshes on a single target, making you good for the heavies. As the Turian gets both warp and overload, you're useful for any situation whatever you spec, because you'll put at least one point in overload if you get tech armour and if you avoid tech armour entirely, you can dedicate enough points to fill up warp and overload.

That plus a good pistol and assault rifle/whatever race weapon reduction you can get makes you a very potent force.

And sorry QuantaCat; I got your invite, but it never actually popped up on my screen...that and I'd turned off the bloops for notifications, so I only noticed when I quit out. My bad!

Soon
03-04-2012, 02:28 PM
Packs unlock xp bonuses for different classes, so there's still a little development even if you stick to one character.

My Salarian Engineer has completed a solo run of bronze, so I recommend those. A team without an infiltrator is often at a disadvantage for lacking the cloaked revives, so I like to switch to one if nobody else has. They seem far more common above bronze, and I've been in teams where I'm the only non-infiltrator. Decoy + everybody else's sniper rifle was a powerful combination.

We'll have to try a Geth run with nothing but Quarian infiltrators to see how many Geth we can control.

airtekh
03-04-2012, 03:33 PM
..bwhahahahah! ...... potent force. !

Meh. I've been playing as a Sentinel since ME1, I know what I'm doing.

Tech armour gives me 25% damage reduction and an AOE damage effect which also stuns any enemies around me. It's got me out of many a sticky situation.

Also I don't pack any heavy weapons when I play Sentinel, so the penalty from Tech Armour is negligible. I can still spam the fuck out of Warp and Throw, causing major damage with biotic detonations.

Oshada
03-04-2012, 06:06 PM
This (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqNkp83eI3c) is just crazy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqNkp83eI3c

The JG Man
03-04-2012, 08:46 PM
Someone may have got a Krogan Sentinel.

​Okay, it was me.

Wayward_Ronin
03-04-2012, 10:40 PM
I tried Silver for the first time. A horribly unbalanced team, with team members who wanted to sprint everywhere on their own. Lasted until wave 3.

Still having good times with my Salarian Engineer, but the Drell Adept is great fun too - lots of reave, pull and grenades, and cartwheeling around the place while shooting people in the head. :-)

Gorm
03-04-2012, 11:54 PM
I was in a team that completed a silver game yesterday, but after the game 2 of them voted to kick me.

laneford
04-04-2012, 12:42 AM
Any suggestions on the best way to unlock new characters? I've only got the Quarian Infiltrator and Turian Sentinel so far.

The JG Man
04-04-2012, 12:51 AM
Veteran or spectre packs and luck. A lot of luck.

airtekh
04-04-2012, 11:35 AM
Had some good games with a few people last night. I too tried silver for the first time; it's intense, but we managed to succeed at the second attempt. I can't imagine what Gold is like!

Anyone know if it's possible to do a group chat in Origin, like you can with Steam? I was desperately clicking around on stuff last night but no luck.