PDA

View Full Version : Getgamesgo - Invalid Steam Key for Duke Nukem

Gimpymoo
12-06-2011, 10:30 AM
I have used these in the past without problem.

Ordered a Duke key for a friend but Steam reports it has being invalid.

Just an heads up if anyone is thingking of buying a Duke Key from there, I would recommend Greenmangaming instead, also they are 4p cheaper.

I have to wait till tomorrow at the earliest for their support to reply now.

The Steam servers appear to be OK so I dont see it being a Steam issue, I can only assume they were given one or maybe more duff keys by Take2?

I have requested a refund from them and will order from Greenman gaming instead.

thegooseking
12-06-2011, 10:34 AM
I have no personal experience of greenmangaming, but from what I've heard (and someone can correct me if I'm wrong), if you're having a problem that requires contacting support (and this particular problem isn't limited to getgamesgo), the last thing you want to do is recommend greenman.

yerr_yerr
02-10-2011, 09:49 AM
ya i have problem with getgamesgo cd key .
i have purchase some game off getgamesgo site but i cant active them on steam account
it says invalid key
U guys can help me out ?

track02
02-10-2011, 11:01 AM
They may have blocked your credit card for trying to buy multiple copies.

This happened to me and it took a few emails to customer so support to resolve the issue.

Nullkigan
02-10-2011, 12:02 PM
Getgames have always got back to me within about an hour or two of putting in a support ticket. This puts them well above all other distributors in my book.

Greenmangaming I refuse to use for anything other than steam titles because of their capsule client; I already have to run steam to access a large part of my library and I don't want any more software cluttering things up. No such problems with gamersgate and gog.

Phinor
02-10-2011, 12:48 PM
ya i have problem with getgamesgo cd key .
i have purchase some game off getgamesgo site but i cant active them on steam account
it says invalid key
U guys can help me out ?

Might also be worth mentioning what the game is because most of their games don't activate on Steam.