PDA

View Full Version : How the hell could GTA 4 look this good?

pariah
01-03-2012, 05:21 PM
I mean i've tried those icenhancer thing and none of em gave me a result nearly as good as this? The city looks so vibrant and beautiful :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uLSQ6QcQs4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uLSQ6QcQs4)

ColOfNature
01-03-2012, 05:36 PM
Oh, that's good.

PeopleLikeFrank
01-03-2012, 05:45 PM
Shallow depth of field makes everything look good. ;)

MrN
01-03-2012, 06:40 PM
Neat, it looks like everything was done with tilt-shift photography (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tilt-shift_photography). :)

BenWah
01-03-2012, 06:49 PM
yup exactly

Memph
01-03-2012, 06:51 PM
Shallow depth of field makes everything look good. ;)

Kindly consider this post me arguing at length that it does no such thing. At least outside of cutscenes. Honestly, I hate the stuff.

Windward
01-03-2012, 06:58 PM
Even I would look good if you blurred the top 40% and the bottom 40% of my face!

(I've been told I have nice eyes, so this might actually be a bit true)

Kadayi
01-03-2012, 07:32 PM
Good old tilt shift, much amusement at two people getting knocked down within seconds of each other.

sopabuena
01-03-2012, 07:32 PM
Tilt-shift photography you say? So that's why it looked like a train set to me.
All this GTAIV mods are amazing, but I can't still run the game anywhere near decently on my quite capable PC. All of those great enhancing mods only make my experience with the game more frustrating.

Nalano
01-03-2012, 07:47 PM
Kindly consider this post me arguing at length that it does no such thing. At least outside of cutscenes. Honestly, I hate the stuff.

Yeah. Kinda nice to look at. Sucks to play in.

Plus, there were no long shots in that video at all. No street perspective. Just what looked like really duded-up CCTV feeds.

PeopleLikeFrank
01-03-2012, 07:56 PM

On the contrary! I bet that DoF makes screenshots of whatever's making you want to throw your monitor out the window look fantastic. Usually sucks in-game though, yes.

Juan Carlo
01-03-2012, 08:04 PM
GTA4 still looks like shit for me.

I still haven't even figured out how to enable AA (none of the mods seem to work with the steam version).

mentor07825
01-03-2012, 08:23 PM
Am I the only person that had their eyes ache after a minute from looking at the video?

Kadayi
01-03-2012, 11:04 PM
Tilt-shift photography you say? So that's why it looked like a train set to me.
All this GTAIV mods are amazing, but I can't still run the game anywhere near decently on my quite capable PC. All of those great enhancing mods only make my experience with the game more frustrating.

I have no clue how they did it ingame tbh, but still pretty impressive never the less.

Kelron
02-03-2012, 01:00 AM
I have no clue how they did it ingame tbh, but still pretty impressive never the less.

Probably done with a video editor.

Memph
02-03-2012, 05:36 AM
Yeah. Kinda nice to look at. Sucks to play in.

DoF makes screenshots of whatever's making you want to throw your monitor out the window look fantastic. Usually sucks in-game though, yes.

Aye, that's a more accurate explanation of what I was on about :)

pariah
02-03-2012, 05:53 AM
Well i know that the shallow dof make the video looks more interesting, but i think even if there's no dof in that video the graphics will still looks really really good. Man, i want my gta 4 to look that beautiful :(

In the credit the guy didn't even mention icenhancer but instead he mentioned dpeasant who i know is an enb settings modder, i guess the guy used old modified enb settings by this dpeasant guy or somethin.

DaftPunk
02-03-2012, 12:44 PM
Don't know whats your problem poeple,but game looks really good maxed out without any enb series mods and shit.

random_guy
02-03-2012, 05:03 PM
I usually feel the same way about DoF, and turn it off when there's an option, but I thought it was done fairly well in Saints' Row the Third. Maybe developers are getting better at using it by now.