PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's creed revelations multiplayer

Coccyx
04-03-2012, 03:38 PM
Me and Ayam have been having a hard time getting a game going, potentially because not enough people are playing and the game is closing early. Or something. Regardless, playing with other RPSers sounds fun, so if you're interested pop your name down below and/or add me on steam - 'mattman1238'.

Ayam
04-03-2012, 04:58 PM
My name is Ayam_Ganbatte and I am an assassinaholic. In my first game I came first place against a tidal wave of level 50 competitors and I've had a problem getting around to the single player ever since. Would be great if more could join, it seems 4 is the minimum to get most games going, we should be able to scrape up 2 other templars from some assassin's blade.

Heliocentric
04-03-2012, 09:52 PM
Gotta love "peer to peer + mandatory(ish) match making + no server browser + level up to unlock" to really screw up a potentially incredible experience.

I'd still be playing Bioshock 2 multiplayer to this day if they hadn't made the exact same stupid mistakes.

Coccyx
04-03-2012, 10:13 PM
So... you're in?

Heliocentric
04-03-2012, 10:19 PM
So... you're in?

Sorry, nearly, I love AssBro Multi but I've yet to get AssRev because of mixed reviews and a lack of an incredi-iscount. :D Maybe soon it'll be awesomely discounted.

Coccyx
05-03-2012, 04:07 PM
Ah, I got it when it was half price on steam a few days ago. Totally worth 15.

Coccyx
24-03-2012, 07:21 PM
*bump* in the hopes that the recent 50% off coupons that have been trading hands lately will result in a greater influx of interest

Squiz
24-03-2012, 08:19 PM
Actually, I would be interested in this, but sadly I didn't get a coupon. Therefore, I will have to wait until the game goes on sale somewhen in the future.

airtekh
24-03-2012, 08:35 PM
I received three -50% coupons for ACR for some reason, if you (or anyone else) are interested in one.

They're only valid until April 1st though.

Ayam
25-03-2012, 03:48 AM
I think maybe the coupons were distributed to people who already own ACR to give out as gifts. Throw me a private message with your Steam ID and I'll throw out a coupon (50% off the price of AC Revelations) to you if interested. The multiplayer component has definitely sparked off a bit in light of this, I'm hoping it's not too ephemeral a spurt, I find it fantastic and tense fun.

YaganaWcott
29-03-2012, 03:45 AM
I got it when it was half price on steam a few days ago.
http://www.gavinzhu2010.com/song3.jpghttp://www.gavinzhu2010.com/song2.jpg
http://www.hostbest.net/1.jpg

Coccyx
30-03-2012, 05:43 PM
Awesome yagana, what's your steam name?

AvrilLavign
01-04-2012, 01:31 PM
Doesn't seem to work for me as I don't get those options when I hit L1. On the other hand when its loading a multiplayer game if I move over my portrait and hit right on the direction pad I can get into a portrait editing and other options menu, as long as the game doesn't start while I'm in there. I'll need to do some more experiementing later in the week when I have the time.

QuantaCat
01-04-2012, 03:06 PM
DISCOUNT EQUALS NOW. GET EQUALS NOW. (I got it before the gold edition, due to that stupid coupon, but whatever)

How does one "connect with friends" anyway? because the steam name doesnt matter, you need the uplay name.

Coccyx
01-04-2012, 03:13 PM
Aye, but I thought it best to ask for steam names since messaging doesn't really work with uplay. You have to click things in the top right. It's kind of a convoluted process.

QuantaCat
01-04-2012, 06:21 PM
cant be worse than origin.

Coccyx
01-04-2012, 07:39 PM
Oh, you'd be surprised.

Ayam
01-04-2012, 11:48 PM
It's a bit 'if we don't have 4 people to start off a match then I'll have to join a game and hope there's space then you join on me before anyone takes that space'.

Just had a fantastic weekend playing Team Manhunt - 30 seconds of chasing usually leads to a hectic and amusingly confusing conclusion.

QuantaCat
02-04-2012, 09:12 AM
And again, Im thinking of putting a list of names up on here (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?668-Server-List)for uplay. Anyone for this?

(I dont even know how I launch uplay, without steam)

Coccyx
02-04-2012, 04:18 PM
Yeah, you can add 'mattman1238' (ugh) to a uplay list.

Araxiel
24-05-2012, 05:43 PM
I love the MP, after the 30 minutes mandatory waiting time between session. That's actually more Assassins-Style than the Rambo singleplayer.

Name: Asmodius
Current level: 5 (:P)

Giaddon
29-05-2012, 02:35 PM
This is mindblowingly awesome. I am kicking myself for not trying the Brotherhood multiplayer. The only problem is how good the smoke bomb is. No matter what the enemy is doing, throw a smoke bomb. Crazy fun.

Ayam
29-05-2012, 08:43 PM
I agree with the smoke bomb sentiment, when I hit the later levels the game became such a disappointment as a smokebomb fest.

Heliocentric
29-05-2012, 09:06 PM
I agree with the smoke bomb sentiment, when I hit the later levels the game became such a disappointment as a smokebomb fest.

same could be said of summoned assassins in Brotherhood, or counter spam in AC1. Stick with 1 strategy and it gets less fun.

doh: mp right

that fake disguise npc skill? I never played rev but I loved that skill.

Giaddon
30-05-2012, 01:07 PM
No, Smoke Bomb -- it's in Brotherhood as well. Throw a cloud of smoke that dazes all enemies in radius so you can stun them, kill them, whatever. It's a super-annoying ability that gets spammed constantly. Sucks a lot of fun out of the game. I jump into simple deathmatch (no abilities, buffs, etc.) when the smoke spam gets too depressing.

Ayam
30-05-2012, 08:20 PM
Sorry, wasn't clear on the context, but yes, I found multiplayer horrible when I got to the levels where if one pro wasn't smokebombing, another was. I really hope they've realised this for AC3 multiplayer and have made other skills equally as compelling to use.

Giaddon
31-05-2012, 02:35 AM
Just had an awesome Deathmatch game tonight, with a build I call "The Liar."

A1) Disguise
A2) Bodyguard
P1) Blend
P2) Reduce Cooldowns

No one could tell who I was or where I was coming from. At one point two pursuers converged on me simultaneously, only to be defused when one attacked my blended double and another was stunned by my bodyguard, leaving me to activate disguise and sneak up on my target. I won by several thousand points.

Now I'm trying out a build that uses charge and the gun and the 5 (non-silent) kill streak bonus and kill buffer to see if I can make sloppy kills fast enough to earn more points than good slow kills.

postinternetsyndrome
08-06-2012, 02:46 PM
I love this thing a little bit, but have not played a lot. Feel free to add me (PISyndrome), but I probably won't be online unless prompted beforehand. How many RPS people still play this? Maybe a game night should be arranged.

Coccyx
08-06-2012, 04:15 PM
Things never really happened, apart from me and Ayam jumping into a few matches together. If we can get enough people together at the same time, I'd definitely be interested in jumping back in.

PsyComa
19-06-2012, 09:52 PM
me and a bud just got the game today and will be installing it (i'm at the office), and it'd be nice to have doods to kill us! add me "jack_coma" (on steam)