PDA

View Full Version : fkco_Tankicious_30_v2 opinion

Head
20-03-2012, 10:04 PM
I need opinions it's missing something but i dunno what so fire away!

Siddin
21-03-2012, 08:56 PM
Giving a bit more power to infantry would be nice. Like the script Wolfenswan (?) wrote, where you can lob grenades into tanks.

sinister agent
21-03-2012, 09:31 PM
I was a gunner, and the defining moments for me both involved infantry. One was suddenly seeing a cloud of unexpected smoke and panicking about infantry, and the other was chasing some poor sod downhill and getting a bird's eye view of filling him with lead and them rolling over him. So yeah, I think some more infantry threat is worth trying.

It was fun though, cheers. My first outing in a tank. Maybe now that I know you can actually zoom in, I will be able to tell what I'm firing at.

Unaco
22-03-2012, 12:22 AM
Whatever changes are made, the focus should definitely remain on the tanks... Don't let it stray from that. If you add any infantry, they should be geared towards that. Maybe a small sapper squad, with satchels/mines, able to function as scouts/spotters and saboteurs.

Changing the BRDM would also be good... It was a little odd it cutting up Bodge and Harlander through the otherwise untouched tank.

Kelron
22-03-2012, 12:50 AM
I don't think there should be infantry squads, beyond maybe adding a 1 or 2 man recon team with a jeep. But give each crewman a grenade and use wolf's script for suicide charge fun.

DWZippy
22-03-2012, 01:12 AM
Give them a gun too. In the case of any future "draws" the guys should have to fight it out on the field.

Harlander
22-03-2012, 11:07 AM
If possible, the mission should detect if only two people are alive, and start playing the battle theme from the original Star Trek

Head
22-03-2012, 12:06 PM
Whatever changes are made, the focus should definitely remain on the tanks... Don't let it stray from that. If you add any infantry, they should be geared towards that. Maybe a small sapper squad, with satchels/mines, able to function as scouts/spotters and saboteurs.

Changing the BRDM would also be good... It was a little odd it cutting up Bodge and Harlander through the otherwise untouched tank.

CO squad was meant to scout really. also the BRDM thingy was awkward,

Most likely the next version will include few satchles for the CO squad(maybe a new sapper squad)
Grenade lobbing script
If the script works ability to remove radar(tho i notice it's not very useful as i tough it would be)

There will be no more squads or anything else added expect a 2 man sapper/scout squad

harakka
22-03-2012, 09:46 PM
I wouldn't suggest any infantry squads with or without satchels or grenade throwing, or necessarily even scouts. It'll suck to be the dudes that don't have tank armor to protect them. IMO the mission's strength is a fun tank fight, without having to worry about other stuff and mixing other types of gameplay in.

What I do recommend is looking into some randomization terrain-wise, or making a separate mission out of that. Having different areas to fight in would help keep things fresh.

Head
22-03-2012, 10:30 PM
Luckly i will be adding parameters for most.

and yea i might just make a randomized location script
sounds like fun

sinister agent
23-03-2012, 12:39 AM
Maybe you could have, say, three areas, and you'd have to track each other down, so you could run into each other anywhere?

Head
13-05-2012, 07:27 PM
Tankicous have been updated.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3676056/fkco_adv30_tankicous_v5.chernarus.pbo

Changelog:
Briefing not shit anymore.
Alpha TK army sqaud fixed
Gun will now remain mobile.

Siddin
13-05-2012, 11:03 PM
I approve!