PDA

View Full Version : Lonely Frozen Synapse player seeks friends

Jhoosier
14-06-2011, 02:31 AM
So yeah, I bought the game and am looking for some people to play with. I'd rather stick with the RPS community than random people. I'm not very good, but that's why I need to practice!

You can find me as Jhoosier. I don't know if i need to have a server picked out, but I think I'm on UK6. Or post your name and server and I'll find you.

EndelNurk
14-06-2011, 02:59 AM
Have sent you a challenge on UK6. There are at least a couple of other RPS players on that server.

EndelNurk
14-06-2011, 03:01 AM
And seem to have got a crappy map for my trouble. Or maybe I'm just getting too tired to see :/

Jhoosier
14-06-2011, 09:55 AM
And seem to have got a crappy map for my trouble. Or maybe I'm just getting too tired to see :/

Thanks! I'll get home in a few hours and give the first round a once-over. This will actually be my first round against another human(?), so we'll see if I can do the multiplayer.

desvergeh
14-06-2011, 10:05 AM
Feel free to add me to your friends list. I too suck at the game, never seem to anticipate the correct movements of enemies.

I would recommend playing through the single-player campaign. It's pretty decent, and isn't bad at teaching you in-game tactics. Currently I am on a level seemingly designed to show you how to deal with snipers.

Edit - Oh I am on UK6 by the way

sinomatic
14-06-2011, 10:19 AM
Sinomatic, Texas2 server (what happens if I move server exactly? I only started using Texas2 because a friend was on that one)

man-eater chimp
14-06-2011, 10:47 AM
Sinomatic, Texas2 server (what happens if I move server exactly? I only started using Texas2 because a friend was on that one)

You lose your match stats I believe...

EndelNurk
14-06-2011, 10:50 AM
Not anymore. You lose your global daily ranking though, it seems. It upset me when I realised I wasn't top five in the world for the day, only top five on my server :(

Vexing Vision
14-06-2011, 11:18 AM
I know the guys are working really hard on merging the servers again.

Can't wait for it, this "where did I sleep last night"-issue is getting confusing.

Also, I have a few pre-beta games open that I can't continue. :)

Peter Radiator Full Pig
14-06-2011, 01:08 PM
Im on UK6 as well. I say once the servers are melded together it will be easier to add one another, possible start a steam group for that very reason.
My FS ID is Crakker, throw me a challange sometime, anyone. Hopefully well be un sharded after the RPS tournament, we can start adding people we meet in it as friends.

EndelNurk
14-06-2011, 01:58 PM
Did the challenge get through to you Jhoosier? The search function seems to have gone a bit squiffy for me today.

Jhoosier
14-06-2011, 03:37 PM
Feel free to add me to your friends list. I too suck at the game, never seem to anticipate the correct movements of enemies.

I would recommend playing through the single-player campaign. It's pretty decent, and isn't bad at teaching you in-game tactics. Currently I am on a level seemingly designed to show you how to deal with snipers.

I tried to add you, but it says your name isn't found. Are you on UK6?

I did a bit of the single player, but got distracted by Dwarf Fortress, which has consumed my non-work life as it usually does when I get back into it.

Jhoosier
14-06-2011, 03:39 PM
Did the challenge get through to you Jhoosier? The search function seems to have gone a bit squiffy for me today.

Yup, and I did the first round. Sorry, I'm in Japan, which means the time I have to play is rather odd. Not to mention my work schedule varies by day of the week. But we're each down a man after the last round. Have a look and finish the 2nd!

desvergeh
15-06-2011, 11:25 AM
I tried to add you, but it says your name isn't found. Are you on UK6?

I did a bit of the single player, but got distracted by Dwarf Fortress, which has consumed my non-work life as it usually does when I get back into it.

Hmmm odd.

Well I have added you and sent you a challenge.

EndelNurk
15-06-2011, 12:51 PM
Sorry, I'm in Japan, which means the time I have to play is rather odd. Not to mention my work schedule varies by day of the week.

No need to apologise. One of the best things about the game is the play-by-email style of it. Might there be more people online for you on the Texas servers? Nobody as cool as us, of course, but there could be somebody to play against. You can also switch back and forth whenever you want. I have a challenge against Dan Stapleton of PCG on a Texas server, for example, while I play the vast majority of my games on UK6.

EndelNurk
15-06-2011, 12:53 PM
But we're each down a man after the last round.

Actually my guy's not dead! I'm sure I can find a way to save him in the half a millisecond before the shotgun blast hits. :P

Jhoosier
15-06-2011, 04:17 PM
Multiplayer is a lot more fun than I thought it would be. Kinda wish it were faster paced, but it's giving me a sort of helpless anxiety that must be the crack people were talking about.

Peter, I sent you a challenge, but our starting positions are kinda crap. Let's see who pulls it off best :D

Oh, and desvergeh: I figured out how to make challenges, which means I must have been doing it completely wrong trying to find you.

squareking
15-06-2011, 06:27 PM
I'm squareking on Texas 4 and I'm generally pretty easy to push over.

A partially related question: Is there an easy way to switch servers once you're logged on? I hate having to reboot the game to pick another server. Surely there's a better, simpler way?

ColOfNature
15-06-2011, 07:32 PM
I made a Steam group (http://steamcommunity.com/groups/rpsyn). I may even occasionally do admin type stuff. In the mean time, talk among yourselves.

Fredie007
15-06-2011, 07:34 PM
Squareking, I don't think so. The developers have always only had one server during the beta and had to come up with some temporary solution once the thing (almost literally) exploded. They plan on merging them back though at one point. In fact, they're going to be testing a threaded and optimised one tomorrow.

Peter Radiator Full Pig
15-06-2011, 09:33 PM
Jhoosier, what do you mean by faster paced? Less waiting between turns? You can easly have multiple games going, so there can be as little downtime as you wish.

I liked our starting positions in our game. Interesting to each have a grenade and machinegun around the corner from one another.

Jhoosier
21-06-2011, 06:55 AM
Jhoosier, what do you mean by faster paced? Less waiting between turns? You can easly have multiple games going, so there can be as little downtime as you wish.

I liked our starting positions in our game. Interesting to each have a grenade and machinegun around the corner from one another.

God, that was embarrassing. 2 rounds?

Sorry I haven't been around all week, life intervened. This is what I meant by faster-paced, that I'm too impatient and I want to know how my round worked out RIGHT NOW!!!, but seeing things a week later, it helped me slow down and think things through.

I need to join the Steam group and see who else plays.

Mechanicus_
21-06-2011, 11:33 AM
If anyone is kicking about on UK2 I am Mechanicus_

I have so far staggered to one wobbly victory, so beware!

EndelNurk
21-06-2011, 11:42 AM
Excellent game, Jhoosier.