PDA

View Full Version : ACRE - easy install via Six Updater

IceRaiser
28-03-2012, 01:19 AM
Some of you have been having lots of problems when trying to install ACRE so I did this easy little tutorial video.
If you've got any questions just ask here or shoot me a PM here/on steam.
(also I heard that Head knows everything about ACRE)

http://youtu.be/Z7zNEvjyVaI

Siddin
28-03-2012, 09:26 AM
And here I was hoping your sexy voice would be walking us through the process... Sad times.

It's worth mentioning that using Sixupdater is risky in that it has corrupted ArmA for several people, requiring a complete redownload (via Steam). Be careful!

Head
28-03-2012, 10:30 AM
that's sounds like bullshit.

Siddin
28-03-2012, 12:55 PM
that's sounds like bullshit.
Are you referring to my statement? Because I believe Ivan had that problem, as well as some other people.

washington
28-03-2012, 03:23 PM
really digging the welcome picture, iceraiser :P

i run steam A2 / retail OA with sixupdater (installed in "program files x86"), haven't had a problem so far. i wonder what it could mess up installation-wise.. patching the game? patching to beta? other than that, it shouldn't affect anything but new and unimportant folders. anywho, nice video ice.

and i'm with Siddin; missing the sexy voice

IceRaiser
28-03-2012, 06:53 PM
Only use Six Updater for mods and don't install any beta crap and it won't fudge up your ArmA-files.
And you do get a popup asking you if you'll allow files being put outside the mod-folders.

I might try narrating it and do it with less clicks/flying around with the cursor trying to find the stuff :P

harakka
28-03-2012, 10:04 PM
Unless sixupdater does something blindingly stupid, the beta stuff shouldn't mess things up anyway as OA beta files go into a separate directory (aptly named "beta") and don't overwrite any non-beta stuff, that is, the actual game files.

IceRaiser
28-03-2012, 10:07 PM
but installing betacrap might start fucking with ArmA that's not beta(steam).

Due to popular demand I'm gonna look into doing a narration for the video or just redo it with my creepy voice.

sinister agent
29-03-2012, 12:30 AM
Do it with an outrageous Italian accent.

Draakon
29-03-2012, 11:58 AM
but installing betacrap might start fucking with ArmA that's not beta(steam).

If you are talking about the Arma beta, then its highly unlikely, unless you fudge something up. Otherwise, if you do install ACRE from SixUpdater then yes, that can fudge up as well, since ACRE requires JayArma2Lib stuff, which has a .dll it needs to overwrite.