PDA

View Full Version : Iphone help please! :(

bigbangtheorygirl03
04-04-2012, 11:48 PM
Okay, so I got new headphones (not apple ones) and they didn't work very well and kept cutting out. So my sister decided to hold the headphone tip/jack into place whilst supergluing it so that it would stop cutting out. However once I had realised what she had done it was too late. The superglue had dripped and dried into the plug hole itself and the headphone tip has now become superglued and stuck into the hole. She also tried to forceably rip the headphones out, so now it's just the metal tip stuck in the hole. Any ideas on what I could do? Other than call apple because I can't afford their prices and my iPhone isn't under warranty. BTW I have an iPhone 4.1084

soldant
05-04-2012, 12:18 AM
Am I paranoid for thinking this is a spam bot and Googling the user name and part of the post to check for spam?

Assuming this is legitimate, if you're feeling up to it you could pull the phone apart (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-O6IUSrTp8) to get to the headphone jack (from the vid it looks like removing the back panel will be sufficient). You may also be able to use a bit of nail polish remover to help remove the glue. Even then to do any of this without damaging anything else is going to be pretty challenging, since there isn't a lot of space in an iPhone to begin with.

It's probably a write off.

bigbangtheorygirl03
05-04-2012, 02:09 PM
not* anyways ty for your help but there is no way I can pull apart my iphone i'm too stupid for that and probably make a hash of it. i'll try the nail polish though. :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Am I paranoid for thinking this is a spam bot and Googling the user name and part of the post to check for spam?

Assuming this is legitimate, if you're feeling up to it you could pull the phone apart (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-O6IUSrTp8) to get to the headphone jack (from the vid it looks like removing the back panel will be sufficient). You may also be able to use a bit of nail polish remover to help remove the glue. Even then to do any of this without damaging anything else is going to be pretty challenging, since there isn't a lot of space in an iPhone to begin with.

It's probably a write off.