PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 3 ongoing graphics problem

gooftickle
08-04-2012, 04:43 PM
Hi folks, having problems with Battlefield 3 that seem to be ignored by EA and I was wondering if any of you guys knew of a solution. Basically what is happening is that in multiplayer games the players gun and enemies disapear, otherwise the game is running fine.

Just to clarify a bit, it's fine on my rig but both my lodger and son have had the problem since day 1. We've done all the usual driver updates (graphics, sound, network cards, BIOS, Mobo drivers are all up to date and have been tested with B3)

I can't remember the exact specs so I'll provide what I can

1: AMD chipset, (Athlon I think) Nvidia 210, 4 Gig ram, Win 7 32bit

2:Intel Dual Core (6550 I think) Nvidia 460, 4 Gig ram, Win 7 64bit

Both machines are running the game without slowdown or artifacts, just the weapons and enemies disappear when on foot (seems ok in vehicles)

I've looked for answers all over and would appreciate a link to help or some sort of known solution.

Thanks guys and happy easter!

CWalker
08-04-2012, 06:51 PM
Ah yes, this happened to me on my old system. I think that the things disappear because the system isn't powerful enough to render it all? Or something along those lines. I'm guessing this because the problem totally disappeared when I lowered the settings to the lowest I could take. On the shiny newness I have, no such problems.

gooftickle
09-04-2012, 12:30 AM
Thanks CWalker, this has been tried on the intel rig without success, I'll get the other checked tomorrow and post any news.

I did notice that DICE are aware and are apparently working on a solution, apparently they've known about it for some time; it also happens on some Xbox consoles too. The last info I could find was a post saying that they're aware and that was dated mid february.

Edit: The Athlon machine has been tested with lowest settings possible, no change unfortunately.

mentor07825
17-04-2012, 04:02 PM
Unfortunately I don't know a way to fix this :| I've had problems where the gun wouldn't render at all, but it is just now happening and I suspect it's because I have a lot of my RAM being used up from background applications.