PDA

View Full Version : Dawn of War 3 in development!

Creeping Death
15-06-2011, 01:58 PM
I'm sure this'll be interesting to plenty of people here.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/06/15/dawn-of-war-3-in-development-will-be-more-mmo-like-says-thq-boss/

I'm hoping Necrons or Tau put in an appearance this time around.

Vexing Vision
15-06-2011, 02:02 PM
Hoping for Dark Eldar and point-buy armies!

(That would be sooo sweet.)

frenz0rz
15-06-2011, 02:13 PM
For the greater good, give me Tau!!

Vandelay
15-06-2011, 05:32 PM
Disappointing if this is the announcment Relic were going to be making in the next few months. I quite like DOW, but was hoping that something different would be coming from them, preferably a new franchise or a return of Homeworld (never really got into the original nor played the sequel, but it is a very unique RTS.)

Heliocentric
15-06-2011, 05:56 PM
DoW2 doesn't need replacing. This is a financial decision I know, but it doesn't mean I have to respect it.

The JG Man
15-06-2011, 06:00 PM
Homeworld 3 would've been what I was optimistically holding out for with the potential Gamescom announcement, but I'll take DoW3. Parts of 2 I liked over 1, parts of 1 I liked over 2. It'll be interesting to see where they take it.

Also, if they can expand Last Stand mode that would be cool. How? I dunno, but I'd like to see a way.

lunarplasma
15-06-2011, 07:07 PM
Dawn of War moves forward. Yay!

More Blood Ravens! Groan.

squareking
15-06-2011, 07:23 PM
Disappointing if this is the announcment Relic were going to be making in the next few months.

+ I am (potentially) disappoint

AdamK117
15-06-2011, 07:29 PM
Highly anticipating if it is going to be leaning more towards the DoW1 gameplay style or DoW2's more hero centric approach

oatish
15-06-2011, 10:27 PM
I do not want another "Blizzard-ified" RTS with magical ability buttons and cool-downs. I want a tactical RTS with Morale and smart Cover mechanics - with a freakin' points-buy-army system!

Creeping Death
15-06-2011, 10:59 PM
If it makes you feel better, just think of it as another full priced expansion. Like Retribution.

NecroKnight
16-06-2011, 08:28 AM
Was there any doubt that they will make DoW3, I wouldn't be suprised if they announce DoW4 after this.

DarkFenix
17-06-2011, 12:57 AM
I want base building back, I also want an army larger then 10 guys. In other words I want DoW1 again, that was fantastic, quite possibly the best RTS I've ever played.

Creeping Death
17-06-2011, 01:08 AM
I want base building back, I also want an army larger then 10 guys. In other words I want DoW1 again, that was fantastic, quite possibly the best RTS I've ever played.

As far as base building, army massing rts games go... if it wasn't based in the 40k universe I would have totally overlooked it. There wasnt anything overly new or innovative about it (in my personal opinion) that makes it stand out from all the other rts games out there

coldvvvave
17-06-2011, 10:29 AM
What I want is a DoW2 with bigger maps and some base building.

At least let me fortify that damn power farm.

Also, I want Big Mek and Mega-Armoured Nobz back.

riadsala
17-06-2011, 10:43 AM
What I want from DoW3 is basically, an updated Company of Heroes, with an Imperial Guard campaign.... long lines of squads trying to hold back the Tau (or some other race, as long as it's not Elder manipulating Orks to distract the Space Marines from the Chaos again).

Squiz
17-06-2011, 11:09 AM
What I want is a DoW2 with bigger maps and some base building.

At least let me fortify that damn power farm. Are you talking about singleplayer or multiplayer mode? I am under the impression that the size of the MP maps is quite fitting. And fortifying power farms is possible with stuff like bunkers, turrets, hive nodes, energy shields, land mines, etc. . You just can't build unbreachable defenses, that is all. DoW2 multiplayer lives from flexible play and constant movement of units, so developing the game towards a more fortification oriented style would hurt the game play pretty much I think.

@oatish: What would you expect from such a cover system that isn't already present in the game? Buildings, different kind of covers (light, heavy, etc.) and different damage types fitted to deal with those types of cover are quite something I would say.

Icarus
17-06-2011, 11:55 AM
I'm happy to wave farewell to the Blood Ravens. Their story is done. What I want is a single-player Marine campaign that focuses on the Black Templars, or the Dark Angels. We've seen the martial honour of the Blood Ravens, now give us the religious zealotry and/or just plain damn scary side of the Space Marines.

Vexing Vision
17-06-2011, 12:05 PM
I want more single-player campaigns that finally have nothing to do with Space Marines. I'm sick of Space Marines. Space Marines make me angrier than a Space Wolf Space Marine.

I want a single-player campaign around a Harlequin.

coldvvvave
17-06-2011, 12:44 PM
I want more single-player campaigns that finally have nothing to do with Space Marines. I'm sick of Space Marines. Space Marines make me angrier than a Space Wolf Space Marine.

No one would ever buy full standalone WH40k game without a Space Marine on a box art.

Creeping Death
17-06-2011, 12:51 PM
No one would ever buy full standalone WH40k game without a Space Marine on a box art.

Fire Warrior.

Sure, people didn't really like it but it (might have) sold well... maybe.

Vexing Vision
17-06-2011, 01:02 PM

By "noone" you certainly mean the mass-market.

I would. Oh, I would so hard.

Icarus
17-06-2011, 01:40 PM
Yeah, I'd love a single-player campaign that focussed on the Eldar, or the Imperial Guard or the Battle Sisters. But realistically, we know it's gonna be Marines in there somewhere. So why not have the cool ones?

coldvvvave
17-06-2011, 01:50 PM
By "noone" you certainly mean the mass-market.

AAA games are meant for mass-market, obviously. I think WH40K is kind of mainstream by now( tabletop players probably going to say that it always was), so what else makes sence as SPEHHS MAHREENS are poster boys of WH40k universe? Personally, I think WH40K is a great Universe that is perfect for pretty much any game. RTS, TBS, RTT, adventure game, God-sim, RPG, racing game( there was one), filghtsim, just about any genre ever you can mix with any WH40K race and get great results. I'd like to see some different games in this setting( Mount&Blade style Ork RPG with hero starting as a regular boy, but then progressing and getting BIGGER every level, gathering WAAAGH etc), but really, thats not going to happen. I'm okay with marines.