PDA

View Full Version : Masters of Disaster (A Dominions 3 game)

wedge99
22-04-2012, 06:17 PM
Welcome to the new thread for our Dominions 3 game. I may just get crazy and role play in game as Carl Weathers, Apollo Creed though not Dillon from Predator. Apollo Creed was a stand up dude as opposed to Dillon who led them all into an alien hunting extravaganza, which isn't cool at all.

The Drop Box is up and just about everyone is invited. I'd say pretenders due on Tuesday at some point. I'll make a folder you can put them in in DB. If you can get it in sooner great but of course make sure you guys make good ones. I'll make some maps today and put them in DB and see if we like any of them.

Good luck and have fun.

Player list:
Jarvis: Midgard
lasikbear: Agartha
MasterBoo: Pythium
Sarigs: Atlantis
wedge99: Caelum
Zyrden: Marignon

MasterBoo
22-04-2012, 06:22 PM
Just a recommendation: In the last game we had trouble with corrupted turns/2h files, so we started backing up all the turns inside an 'archive' folder to prevent these problems in the future (each turn includes all .trn and .2h files).

wedge99
22-04-2012, 06:41 PM
Put that in thanks. I was planning on doing that but wasn't sure if I'd keep it in DB or not.

Wow, already have four pretenders in. I'm still trying to get the map right :(. I'm trying to make one with a moderately sized body of water in the middle of the map. With an ocean team I think with will make the game really interesting. We could have sea pirates that raid the coast or try to make a foothold where they think suits them best. Let me know what you guys think.

Sarigs
22-04-2012, 06:52 PM
Yeah I'm really looking forward to this one, not tried LA or Atlantis beyond a couple of SP games since the thread started.

I'm playing Ulm in the other game and I'm finding them REALLY passive lol :-)

wedge99
22-04-2012, 06:55 PM
Check out test_2 map. I think that's the one. It would force you to own some land holdings to get to the other two sea territories and have a larger portion of the map open to you. I hope you don't become a pirate :(.

wedge99
22-04-2012, 06:59 PM
Ok, the two maps I think we should consider are in the DB folder. I vote for Test_2 since it would most likely be a more interesting game. The other one would be more standard with the ocean on just one side of the map.

Should I put a master password on for the game? So I can change people to AI if necessary down the line or just leave the game with no master password?

Sarigs
22-04-2012, 07:00 PM
Check out test_2 map. I think that's the one. It would force you to own some land holdings to get to the other two sea territories and have a larger portion of the map open to you. I hope you don't become a pirate :(.

Awww I really liked the look of Test Map 1. :-( Also LA Atlantis start on the Land, their a coastal nation not a sea nation although they are Ampibius

wedge99
22-04-2012, 07:02 PM
Awww I really liked the look of Test Map 1. :-( Also LA Atlantis start on the Land, their a coastal nation not a sea nation although they are Ampibius

Oh crap I completely forgot about that :(. I'll put Test_1 back up oops.

Zyrden
22-04-2012, 07:21 PM
They look nice, but in test_1, if you start in the lower left corner, theres a high risk of getting walled in since you can't get past the mountains. test_2 has the same problem for top right corner. Test_3 is alright though. But aren't these maps a little small for 6 players? Or maybe that's just me not used to analyzing maps :P

Edit: I don't like test_4, way too many chokepoints.

wedge99
22-04-2012, 07:23 PM
Ok, I have three to choose from. Test_4 I think gets my vote but they should all work. Let me know. I just need lasikbear's pretender and we are pretty much set after we choose the map.

wedge99
22-04-2012, 07:25 PM
They look nice, but in test_1, if you start in the lower left corner, theres a high risk of getting walled in since you can't get past the mountains. test_2 has the same problem for top right corner. Test_3 is alright though. But aren't these maps a little small for 6 players? Or maybe that's just me not used to analyzing maps :P

Edit: I don't like test_4, way too many chokepoints.

We decided on about 12 territories per player before we started to run into each other so the size is right. Yeah I liked the chokepoints :)

Zyrden
22-04-2012, 07:32 PM
Fair enough, just thinking out loud here. In any case number 3 gets my vote

Sarigs
22-04-2012, 08:08 PM
Map 4 gets mine, though too be honest they all look pretty good :-)

wedge99
22-04-2012, 08:47 PM
With whatever map we pick I'm just concerned with the starting placement. Maybe I'll get The Innocent to start us off so we know our starting positions aren't crap. That way I won't know where everyone is by making the game right off.

Sarigs
22-04-2012, 08:55 PM
With whatever map we pick I'm just concerned with the starting placement. Maybe I'll get The Innocent to start us off so we know our starting positions are crap. That way I won't know where everyone is by making the game right off.

Well in any game that#s not a wrap around someone is bound to be in a corner unfortunately, surely he'd need to get everyone passwords in, might be a lot of hassle for him

wedge99
22-04-2012, 09:01 PM
Yeah, hopefully when the game is made it doesn't put us too close together and others far apart. We'll see, should be fine.

wedge99
23-04-2012, 06:23 PM
Still need some votes for what map to use and lasikbear's pretender. Looking good so far though, most people got all their stuff in super quick :).

MasterBoo
23-04-2012, 06:26 PM
I don't really care. I prefer seeing the map only after the game starts. More fun imo :P

lasikbear
23-04-2012, 06:33 PM
My pretender is pretty much all set in the ol brain box, just need to implement it after work and upload.

wedge99
23-04-2012, 06:39 PM
Sounds good. Looks like we will go with map 4 and I'll get the game going tonight sometime.

lasikbear
23-04-2012, 11:50 PM
Pretender uploaded, should be good to go

wedge99
24-04-2012, 12:02 AM
Great thanks. I'm at work now :). I may be able to get it up though. If not a few hours and it'll be up.

wedge99
24-04-2012, 12:43 AM
Ok turn is up. First time I have done that though so just let me know if anything isn't working right.

When you do your turn, put your .2h files in the Turn 2 folder please.

MasterBoo
24-04-2012, 07:35 AM
I'll be able to submit mine only in 10 hours or so (18:00 GMT).

Sarigs
24-04-2012, 09:35 AM
Aye everything seems to be working ok. Always takes me a while to set it up as I forget the initial stage everytime. Got it all done in the end and turn submitted (Lucky timing is all)

Quick turn around as well, looks like we've 6 turns in already.

Also Wedge do you recon their any chance of editing your first post and including the Player/Nation list? :-)

MasterBoo
24-04-2012, 05:19 PM
I processed the turn! (I like my spot).

wedge99
24-04-2012, 07:16 PM
Yeah I'll throw that info in Sarigs.

wedge99
24-04-2012, 07:21 PM
I processed the turn! (I like my spot).
Cool, yeah my spot is interesting :).

I'm going to keep the archive local and change up how we keep it. I'll save the .trn files and the .2h files in case of corruption and the turn needs to be redone. I've never had it happen but if it does then we have it.

Sarigs
24-04-2012, 08:13 PM
Hmm mine's ok but not really happy about the independants surrounding me!

wedge99
24-04-2012, 08:36 PM
Hmm mine's ok but not really happy about the independants surrounding me!

Atlantis, bunch of whinny fish men. What are your coral spears not sharp enough? Muwhahaha

Sarigs
24-04-2012, 09:29 PM
Atlantis, bunch of whinny fish men. What are your coral spears not sharp enough? Muwhahaha

Sharp enough... and we've upgraded to Ice I'll have ya known!

wedge99
24-04-2012, 09:52 PM
Sharp enough... and we've upgraded to Ice I'll have ya known!

I have ice too. Though I prefer iron since it isn't such a fickle substance. Hope it's cold in your provinces. I may just crank up the HEAT. See this very corny song used on Burn Notice (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgYqIvnPvqQ)

wedge99
25-04-2012, 02:43 AM
Ok, so I flubbed up the transfer of the files the first time I did it for this new turn. I'm on my crappy laptop at work and that's what I'll blame it on. There was a cheating message for four people that came as a message from host that said people had too much gold. Just look at your treasuries and tell me if something went wonky, otherwise play as normal. I bet it is just because of the wacky way I put the files in. I doubt you guys are cheating this early :).

wedge99
25-04-2012, 02:47 AM
Ok, so I flubbed up the transfer of the files the first time I did it for this new turn. I'm on my crappy laptop at work and that's what I'll blame it on. There was a cheating message for four people that came as a message from host that said people had too much gold. Just look at your treasuries and tell me if something went wonky, otherwise play as normal. I bet it is just because of the wacky way I put the files in. I doubt you guys are cheating this early :).

Ok I checked my treasury and I had more gold than I should have. Not sure why this would happen but I'll reprocess the turn when I get home.

wedge99
25-04-2012, 03:39 AM
Turn is in!!! It had that weird gold problem two more times then went away. I have only ever had that happen one other time in a game that The Innocent hosted and I asked him about it. He said he had no idea why it happened in that game and had no clue why it happened for us. It's good now though.

Sarigs
25-04-2012, 06:09 AM
Oh dear. First Contact has been made.... might be a quick game for 1 of us a bit on the cramped side in our area of the map :-)

Jarvis
25-04-2012, 10:20 AM
The fartherland file needs to be included when sending out the turn files, it gets updated when you process a turn.

Sarigs
25-04-2012, 10:25 AM
The fartherland file needs to be included when sending out the turn files, it gets updated when you process a turn.

Are you sure? I've never re-downloaded the fartherland file beyond the initial pre-game one in any of the games I've played, the longest is in the late 30s turn wise without issue

Jarvis
25-04-2012, 10:49 AM
Are you sure? I've never re-downloaded the fartherland file beyond the initial pre-game one in any of the games I've played, the longest is in the late 30s turn wise without issue

We've not had any problems with the current game i'm hosting since i started sending out the fatherland file with the turn files, do you definatly just download your turn or do you copy over everything put into the turns folder?

Sarigs
25-04-2012, 11:34 AM
We've not had any problems with the current game i'm hosting since i started sending out the fatherland file with the turn files, do you definatly just download your turn or do you copy over everything put into the turns folder?

Definitely just the .trn File, I believe that the only person who need the fartherland file is the host as its effectively the Mastercopy of the game and keeps track of whos doing what whereas the .trn files are personalised for each player

Jarvis
25-04-2012, 12:35 PM
I'm not sure why there's errors then, I'd thought it might be because the turn files and fatherland file had gotten out of sync.

MasterBoo
25-04-2012, 12:59 PM
The fatherland file is not required most of the time since the game knows how to update it based on the turn itself. The only time it is required is when I play on different computers (work/home) and the turns are not synched.

Anyhow it's best to put the fatherland inside. I am playing on different computers not so rarely.

Zyrden
25-04-2012, 07:08 PM
Welp, I doubt I'll win this game. My scouts found 30 barbarians, they missed the 50 ronins also in the province. An army and pretender short, I'll be sitting in my sole province the next 4 turns, trying to get the troops to beat one of the other neutrals.

Sarigs
25-04-2012, 07:39 PM
Welp, I doubt I'll win this game. My scouts found 30 barbarians, they missed the 50 ronins also in the province. An army and pretender short, I'll be sitting in my sole province the next 4 turns, trying to get the troops to beat one of the other neutrals.

30 Barbarians and 50 Ronin? I've not seen them together short of a random event.... you taken some kind of crazy misfortune scale that spread ahead and triggered a random event just before you attacked? Is that even possible?

Jarvis
25-04-2012, 10:56 PM
Definitely just the .trn File, I believe that the only person who need the fartherland file is the host as its effectively the Mastercopy of the game and keeps track of whos doing what whereas the .trn files are personalised for each player

Boo processed turn 2 and he wouldn't have the correct version of the fatherland file since the updated version has never been put into the game folder.

Zyrden
25-04-2012, 11:41 PM
30 Barbarians and 50 Ronin? I've not seen them together short of a random event.... you taken some kind of crazy misfortune scale that spread ahead and triggered a random event just before you attacked? Is that even possible?
I do have misfortune 2, but if this is just me getting unlucky, I'll stay on the lucky side from now on :/

MasterBoo
25-04-2012, 11:55 PM
Let's just keep the fatherland and the turn archives in the Dropbox folder. Better to be prepared for problems rather than not to.

MasterBoo
26-04-2012, 12:19 AM
I was about to process turn 3, but the Caelum's turn was not submitted right. I suspect it's the turn for turn 2. Can you resubmit it?

wedge99
26-04-2012, 12:21 AM
I was about to process turn 3, but the Caelum's turn was not submitted right. I suspect it's the turn for turn 2. Can you resubmit it?
Why are you processing turns without my file in? I left it out so I could process the turns as host and make sure those errors don't happen again.

wedge99
26-04-2012, 12:23 AM
I'm going to process the turn. Are those .2h files the correct ones? The DB folder was changed a bunch.

MasterBoo
26-04-2012, 12:24 AM
There were six 2h files including late_caelum.2h. I wouldn't have tried to process the turn without it!

Anyway, can we please put the fatherland file inside? I won't be able to play on my other computer without it.

wedge99
26-04-2012, 12:31 AM
Turn is up. Also, I seem to be alone on the map, I better find someone next turn or I'll be forced to believe I'm playing alone and this is all a cosmic joke :(.

MasterBoo
26-04-2012, 12:33 AM
Now I realize what Sarigs meant by first contact :S

Sarigs
26-04-2012, 08:55 AM
Now I realize what Sarigs meant by first contact :S

Ahhh my poor scoutie.

We are really close to each other....like really close...and the fact you've not expanded yet and found my scout straight away suggest that your turtling and patrolling constantly for extra gold...for.....crap tons of hydras I'm guessing?

Now is the best thing to strike early or not? Hmmm.......

MasterBoo
26-04-2012, 09:13 AM
I still don't know where you are actually. I expanded south :(

MasterBoo
26-04-2012, 05:01 PM
wedge, can you please put the fatherland in the turn folder from now on? As I said, I won't be able to play when I switch computers...

wedge99
26-04-2012, 08:09 PM
wedge, can you please put the fatherland in the turn folder from now on? As I said, I won't be able to play when I switch computers...

Oh sorry. I just assumed you would use Drop Box to switch your files. I'll put it in now though.

wedge99
28-04-2012, 11:42 PM
The battle of Corbion...ouch. :)

MasterBoo
29-04-2012, 12:10 AM
Sarigs! Curse you, your starting position, and my -2 misfortune.

Sarigs
29-04-2012, 12:33 AM
Lol what do you mean you've boxed me into my capital! I've only managed to take out two of your Hydras so far! Curse you! Actually 2 is like 400-500 odd gold isn't it? :-)

Edit: Ahh just loaded the turn. I'm afraid it's not over yet. My fortune scales have given me ALOT of chaff to throw at you!

wedge99
29-04-2012, 03:12 AM
Hang in there Sarigs. I told you you might have a problem with those sharpened sticks you use :). Yeah those hydras were brutal, though with your prophets dying breath he took out a good chunk of guys too :). I was way lucky to see that fight with a scout, when I saw the message I was worried about all the battles that showed up before I saw most of it was those two up in Corbion.

MasterBoo
29-04-2012, 06:12 AM
I was forced into attacking you otherwise you would attack me. That's why :P

Sarigs
29-04-2012, 08:27 AM
I was forced into attacking you otherwise you would attack me. That's why :P

Oh totally Boo, To be honest if you hadn't then I would have at some point. I thought I would have another turn or two before you were suddenly there though before you could reach me! Our Capitals are just tooo close otherwise!

MasterBoo
29-04-2012, 06:23 PM
Imagine that I lost 3 hydras to stupid indies early on...

Sarigs
30-04-2012, 09:24 PM
Ahh damn you Master Boo and the Hydras you rode in on! :-P

This is getting very frustrating :-P

MasterBoo
30-04-2012, 10:20 PM
And interesting at the same time. Whoever wins though, will be crippled as hell.

Sarigs
30-04-2012, 10:24 PM
And interesting at the same time. Whoever wins though, will be crippled as hell.

Lol true dat. I'm genuinely not sure how it's gonna pan out long term :-) But my early resources/gold/armies are crippled to all hell!

lasikbear
30-04-2012, 11:47 PM
I hate the message system in this game so much.

That being said to the person(s) receiving diplomatic messages from me this turn, I do strive for quality in any and all diplomatic exchanges but forgetting the name of a province halfway through a heartfelt letter is so painful. We'll see what I can muster.

The Innocent
03-05-2012, 08:59 AM
...forgetting the name of a province halfway through a heartfelt letter is so painful. We'll see what I can muster.

I hate when that happens. If I've written a huge message, I can't bring myself to start over, so I open a second instance of the game. It's a pain.

Sarigs
03-05-2012, 10:30 AM
And so the eternal game of Hydra and Newt continues. Think my new battle setup seems to work ok.

Also I hope you get hit by some more bad luck Boo, like really really Knight-invasion-type bad luck :-P

lasikbear
03-05-2012, 04:05 PM
My next turn might be a day late, traveling tonight to get my wisdom teeth out tomorrow, so depending on when I get in tonight/the existence of bus wifi I will either be able to do it tonight or have to wait till Saturday.

Sarigs
05-05-2012, 12:48 PM
Oh dear Boo, those Hydras have pushed through to my capitals but their looking awefully cut off now :-)

MasterBoo
07-05-2012, 02:22 PM
I'll be able to submit a new turn only later today or tomorrow. Is it okay?

Sarigs
07-05-2012, 02:54 PM
I take it that's for both games dude?

If it's only a bit late I don't think anyone is gonna be pushing for a forced turn ;-)

wedge99
07-05-2012, 09:42 PM
Yep that's fine Boo.

wedge99
11-05-2012, 05:53 PM
Turn is up.

wedge99
13-05-2012, 06:13 PM
I'm glad to see some of our more sea/coral weapons prone teams are still in it :).

lasikbear
16-05-2012, 02:54 PM
So how much do them Hydras cost?

wedge99
19-05-2012, 01:20 AM
Anyone hear from MaserBoo? I won't process the turn tonight, just wondering if he's around or not.

wedge99
19-05-2012, 06:03 PM
Ok turn is up. Still going strong so I'm excited and the game is heating up :).

Sarigs
19-05-2012, 06:10 PM
Aye true that, it's been interesting playing these smaller maps with no AI, there's no buffer, space is short and your practically thrown at each other from a early point rather then mid-game. Or in the case of me and Pythium from about turn 3 on-wards!

wedge99
19-05-2012, 09:06 PM
Yeah the East side of the map was much more open in terms of placement and space. That was a knife fight between you two.

MasterBoo
20-05-2012, 01:09 PM
I was in a vacation, oh well :P
Losing anyway

Sarigs
20-05-2012, 01:48 PM
Losing anyway

Ahh it's probable worth just chucking a post out letting people know so we can wait it out!

wedge99
20-05-2012, 04:40 PM
Losing anyway

Oh sorry Boo. I thought I had all the turns in when I processed them after the deadline. I worked a ton this last week though so I would not be surprised if I made a mistake when I looked at it. Or drove over some nuns on my way back from work. Hope I just made the one mistake :).

Sarigs
21-05-2012, 10:27 AM
Hail to the fallen, sorry to see you go Masterboo!

Just so everyone knows, tomorrow I'm going to be house sitting in the other end of the county from my PC meaning I'm not gonna be able to take my turn!

I've already put my currently file in and I'll have time tonight/tomorrow to do another if it's already been processed otherwise I'm not gonna be able to do it till saturday when I'm nipping home for the weekend which will be a day or two over the dead line. I'll then be back to house sitting till the following saturday :-/

Hopefully no one ill begrudge me the extra 2 days and if everyone is in time for the current deadline (I.e. today) then I'll be able to process and sort in which case it won't even be a issue!

wedge99
22-05-2012, 12:14 AM
GG Boo. I thought the hydras had the match. I stopped watching actually so I was really surprised.

Sarigs, that sounds fine to me. Except you should get yourself a crappy laptop like I have. It's priceless at work.

Sarigs
25-05-2012, 12:35 PM
Sarigs, that sounds fine to me. Except you should get yourself a crappy laptop like I have. It's priceless at work.

Heading home tonight instead of tomorrow so I'll be able to run my turn and upload it tonight, if everyone else is in, I may even be able to do my next turn as well.

GG Boo. I thought the hydras had the match. I stopped watching actually so I was really surprised.

I think it was case of a attriction, I managed to cut off his Hydras who were unsupported by normal troops due to the whole, poison wiping issues this early in the game. My own sacreds are nothing to sniff out and using hold/attack mixed with chaff + skelly spam from the bulk of my mages I'd driven onto the battlefield, I kept the heat off my heavy hitting so they were able to dish out some damage. Minor regeneration bless helped mitigate the poison damage.

Once I managed to get some breathing room I was able to get a second force out into the water and expend that way while recupperating and our join southern neighbours have obviously limited his expansion.

Pretty such Hydras are hideous expensive so once he'd gone through his reserves he cant restock as quickly as me and with mages out supporting the hydra forces now dead he'd be behind in research etc.

Least that's how it seemed from my point of view. Was quietly comfident once I'd hit the right level of research and finally managed to break his main force. If I hadn't I wouldn't have been able to drive him out of my capital and would have been definite GG

Sarigs
25-05-2012, 11:23 PM
Right my turns in and all is right with the world. Didn't even need a extension in the end!

Sorry for the double post btw

wedge99
25-05-2012, 11:49 PM
Looks like two others are going to wait for the 26th anyway. No worries on my end. I had to fix my car and I've been working a ton lately. The game is at a really interesting point though and I'm excited to see how it goes.

Jarvis
31-05-2012, 06:47 AM
There's two sets of turn files in now, unless we delete one set and all use the same one we'll get version conflicts.

lasikbear
31-05-2012, 06:24 PM
Is there any difference between the sets of .trn files?

Zyrden
01-06-2012, 11:41 PM
I'm currently helping my parents with some rebuilding stuff. Not sure when I'll be able to take my turn. I'll get it done once I get home.

wedge99
02-06-2012, 07:36 PM
So is the DB folder now showing just one set for everyone? Sorry it took a while to responded on the forum, I've been working a lot.

wedge99
05-06-2012, 12:12 AM
So how do we want to handle Zyrden not putting in his turn. We have waited three extra days so far. I'll just do whatever you three decide.

Sarigs
05-06-2012, 02:08 AM
So how do we want to handle Zyrden not putting in his turn. We have waited three extra days so far. I'll just do whatever you three decide.

Well if I don't mind waiting tbh if he's got issues (rebuilding). Would be nice to get a ETA but otherwise I'm all good :-)

lasikbear
05-06-2012, 03:29 PM
I don't mind giving him a few more days. I am assuming he is still in the game and not about to be wiped out? My scouts are so lazy and he is so far away.

Sarigs
05-06-2012, 03:45 PM
I don't mind giving him a few more days. I am assuming he is still in the game and not about to be wiped out? My scouts are so lazy and he is so far away.

As far as I'm aware he's going strong as of this (last) turn so I don't think that's a issue :-)

wedge99
05-06-2012, 05:37 PM
Sounds good. We'll wait, hope he gives us some indication of what is going on in the forum though.

Zyrden
06-06-2012, 08:37 PM
Yeah I'm doing alright in-game. As for real life, building a 100m^2 terrace takes a long goddamn time :/
It's getting there though.
Not sure when I'll be home, but it probably won't be before the weekend, or Monday. Shouldn't be later than Monday.
I guess I could try to get the game to work on my laptop, but I'd have to pirate it for a while. We have all the turn files and whatnot for that right?

lasikbear
06-06-2012, 08:57 PM
I switch computers sometimes, just need to put the all the stuff in a game folder again (the two maps files, your turn file and the fthrlnd file) and those should all still be in the folder.

wedge99
06-06-2012, 10:47 PM
I switch computers sometimes, just need to put the all the stuff in a game folder again (the two maps files, your turn file and the fthrlnd file) and those should all still be in the folder.

Sounds good.

Zyrden
08-06-2012, 10:45 PM
I'm having trouble dealing with the copy protection: The part of the ui where you select commanders disappears, making it a little difficult to play. It doesn't help that the game is fairly unknown apparently.

lasikbear
09-06-2012, 04:13 PM
Just uploaded the original install file(s) to the dropbox in case that helps.

Zyrden
09-06-2012, 08:19 PM
Thanks, but what I need is a registration key. I'll keep looking for a better keygen, but as I said, it's not easy to find. Oh, and don't post yours, you'll just risk having it invalidated.

wedge99
10-06-2012, 06:36 PM
Do you not still have your game manual? If not, I think I just switched my whole game files onto another drive once and that worked. Or I looked and found the key in the files.

Zyrden
11-06-2012, 07:33 PM
Not with me. Tried moving the files around, but it didn't really do anything. Eh, I'll be home tomorrow morning, so I'll take my turn then.

Sarigs
18-06-2012, 11:04 AM
Glad to see the game get to the stage where I'm having to start planning and think about things like positioning

The more I see of my position in the scheme of things the less I like it, really starting to feel boxed in!

Sarigs
22-06-2012, 09:00 AM
Hey all,

Are we just waiting on Zyrden's Marignon turn atm? He still having trouble if so as we're a couple of days over again

wedge99
23-06-2012, 01:23 AM
Greetings everyone,

Things are starting to heat up in Westeros...uh I mean our Dominions 3 map. That being said, please inform the group if your going to be a little late with turns. I haven't processed any turns early or anything but it's good to know what's up. I am also going on a vacation for about five to six days coming up the first week of July but I think I'll be able to get my turns in and process the turns. I'll let you guys know if I can not.

Good luck everyone, especially me :)

David_Landriault
28-06-2012, 06:59 PM
What is Dominions?

Sarigs
28-06-2012, 08:36 PM
What is Dominions?

Hey dude, Dominions 3 is a turn based strategy game that is frankly ridiculously detailed and complicated! We're running a game here atm and are 26 turns in despite starting the game in April, there's a lot of micro-management and it's a lot of fun, if you stick with it and enjoy that level of tactics.

I believe this is the mandatory link to show off the game: http://lparchive.org/Dominions-3/ It's a game write up that doesn't presume you know any thing about the game itself!

wedge99
04-07-2012, 05:31 PM
Hey guys,

I'm in Vegas and stuck with really bad internet. I'll try to get the turns in but I may be a day or two late. Luckily most people haven't put their turns in yet :).

Sarigs
05-07-2012, 08:46 AM
No probs Wedge, I submitted my (Very rushed) turn last night! Hopefully I've not made a dreadful strategic mistake (Which I fear I have!)

wedge99
09-07-2012, 12:39 AM
Ok, I'm back from Vegas and did the turn last night. Shouldn't be any more long vacations for me except a two or three day one to Lake Powell in southern Utah but that one will be in late August sometime. Hope it wasn't too much of an inconvenience.

wedge99
09-07-2012, 10:40 PM
We have all but one turn in. If we get the turn in in the next eight hours I'll make sure I get the turn processed. That way we can get the game back on track from my vacation :). No worries though if you can't.

kijiimiji
10-07-2012, 01:25 PM
Pretty look good all the maps out there

Sarigs
10-07-2012, 01:30 PM
Boo and down with Spam bots and that kinda ting!

wedge99
14-07-2012, 11:08 PM
One turn to go. Just a friendly reminder. :)

Sarigs
15-07-2012, 09:12 AM
One turn to go. Just a friendly reminder. :)

Is it just Maginon we're waiting on?

Zyrden
15-07-2012, 12:29 PM
Yup, was busy yesterday so I forgot. Doing it now

lasikbear
15-07-2012, 09:27 PM

so uh... that happened

Jarvis
15-07-2012, 10:57 PM

so uh... that happened

Have you actually got 7 extra guys you didn't have before? or did you loose 7 guys and it put a meaningless - sign in there?

Sarigs
16-07-2012, 12:52 AM
I suspect I know what happened but not or why!

I think it's counting your Blood Slaves, think the commander that died was the one who held them in thrall as by the end of the battle all of your mindless slaves were charging down the battlefield! Not sure if their still sitting in the province as a unit or gone back to gems?

Edit: Just went back and double checked, it was definitely your commander with the blood slaves..she was diseased with 1 hit point... I suspect when she fled the battle the moment she left the turnely -1hp from disease kicked in, she died instantly (Like flaming/poisoned units leaving the field) and her slaves went mental :-)

lasikbear
16-07-2012, 01:19 AM
Yeah, that's what happened, also the slingers were with her (she was a mercenary, and came diseased due to the leper rod she had). Never seen that happen before though.

wedge99
19-07-2012, 05:03 PM
So I screwed up my formation for my army and they all be dead. Though to be totally honest there was some nice magic played by the other guy that screwed me over as well. Wish half my elephants didn't get stuck in my archers though, would have made for a much better battle. I only say this because when I get knocked out of the game I don't know what the hosting situation will be like. Do you guys want me to still host or do you want to designate someone else to take over the duty?

lasikbear
20-07-2012, 10:45 PM
Might be late with my turn, but will def have it done by the end of Sunday.

RIP most of Caleum, unfortunately the necromancers tell me birds have exceptionally weak bones so I can't make any promises regarding future employment opportunities for Agartha. Maybe the mammoths have a chance though.

wedge99
21-07-2012, 12:03 AM
Might be late with my turn, but will def have it done by the end of Sunday.

RIP most of Caleum, unfortunately the necromancers tell me birds have exceptionally weak bones so I can't make any promises regarding future employment opportunities for Agartha. Maybe the mammoths have a chance though.

I had fun with Caelum but man do they have crap infantry. I loved the para drop style attack I pulled off for half a year though. That was way fun, wish Caelum had some type of ok infantry though :(. So what do you guys think about the hosting situation? It won't be an issue for at least a week and a half.

lasikbear
23-07-2012, 01:10 AM
Turn in! Sorry for the delay.

I can probably take over hosting if someone explains how, I am assuming its pretty simple right?

wedge99
24-07-2012, 01:37 AM
Whom ever wants hosting responsibilities and you guys all agree is fine with me. I'll give instructions for hosting and I'll put the archive folder in for the host. I have about two turns or so left maybe more.

Zyrden
27-07-2012, 03:20 PM
Going out of town this weekend, I'll take my turn on monday.

Sarigs
03-08-2012, 01:52 PM
I've made a startling discovery....I really hate Super-combatants! I'm looking at you Lasik :-P

(Also I haz a plan)

lasikbear
03-08-2012, 02:59 PM
And he's finally a hero!

Though I am still pretty scared of arssartarsartararus with that weakness on hit + magic weapon

Sarigs
03-08-2012, 04:53 PM
And he's finally a hero!

Though I am still pretty scared of arssartarsartararus with that weakness on hit + magic weapon

Yeah between the Arsst's and Ice Warriors Atlantis seems to have a pretty solid defense against Etheral beings (Like your Umbrals, your Tomb Oracle has been a slippery bugger though and is just rampaging around the place! Time to see what my "pathetic mages" can pull off!

Jarvis
03-08-2012, 05:17 PM
Yeah between the Arsst's and Ice Warriors Atlantis seems to have a pretty solid defense against Etheral beings (Like your Umbrals, your Tomb Oracle has been a slippery bugger though and is just rampaging around the place! Time to see what my "pathetic mages" can pull off!

This is all most interesting, do carry on.

lasikbear
03-08-2012, 05:38 PM
Yeah, every umbral that went your way was a waste, ethreal is meaningless, size disadvantage and no protection. Against little wolfmen though...

New tricks coming soon! Its very gimmicky, but I think its going to work great against <redacted>

Sarigs
06-08-2012, 01:44 PM
I'm away from Wednesday till the weekend I'm afraid for a family wedding I've already got my turn in that was due yesterday and if Marignon gets his turn in today I'll be able to submit my next turn tomorrow every evening but after that I'm not gonna be about till the weekend.

(If Mag does get his turn in in time then I'll be able to get it turn, the deadline would be the 8th/9th [which would already be submitted by me] and I'll be back to submit another turn pronto at the weekend so delay will depend on whether or not we can process the turn that was due yesterday by tomorrow)

Jarvis
07-08-2012, 06:21 AM
Well that was an unexpected if happy kill.

Sarigs
08-08-2012, 08:35 AM
Dear Quadarrath,

Kinda stop moving so I can swat you.

Sincerely,

Atlantis.

P.s. I have no idea if my plan to swat will actually work but testing is difficult when I can't pin you down. Although happily you do appear cut off now.

P.p.s. I've got my turn in already so my absence shouldn't cause any delays!

Zyrden
10-08-2012, 04:14 PM
Late again, sorry. Had an exam, so I was a bit busy with that.

Christ my pretender is an ass though: I told him to attack the rear of the enemy, and he flies into the middle of 60 skinshifters. Yeah, great job.
I'm pretty much dead at this point. I put too much faith in crossbowmen, who didn't really do much in any battle. And those thunderstrikes, damn.
Losing my pretender in turn 3, and doing nothing for the first 10 turns of the game really crippled me. And with a successful and aggressive Midgard as a neighbor, I was kinda doomed.
Well played though.

lasikbear
10-08-2012, 05:13 PM
Flying units have to make a morale check to fly over enemies, and the more there are the harder, but thats pretty rough. That guy just can't get a break.

Seems like Jarvis got airshield researched at the exact right time, as far as I saw he never used it until the final battle against Caelum.

This is looking like the second game in a row going to the wolfmans. Guess we'll have to start planning on killing them first in future games.

Jarvis
10-08-2012, 05:31 PM
I went to airshield quickly with only a small detour along the way.

I didn't use it early because it wasn't needed at number of troops I was seeing vs the research slowdown of having casters wandering around with the army just to do that (especially when they were better employed shooting caelum's commanders and so immobilizing those raiding groups) come thunderstrike though which was another milestone for me it was time to start sending out the casters.

I'm convinced that thunderstrike is the singe most effective spell in the game for it's cost to cast and research.

Losing my pretender in turn 3, and doing nothing for the first 10 turns of the game really crippled me. And with a successful and aggressive Midgard as a neighbor, I was kinda doomed.
Well played though.

I was sincere in my original offer to stop at the second mountain range, same when I said to Caelum this is our border take it or leave it.

Completely undiplomatic but at that point I was researching construction and if the two of you had left me along I'd have been in the sea before long mixing it up with atlantis (i've bad memories of R'lyeh from last game but this time it's been nowhere near as bad).

So far this game i've never had to face the undivided attention of more then one nation at a time, even now Atlantis and Agatha seem to be at war with each other as well as me.

Zyrden
11-08-2012, 04:11 AM
Flying units have to make a morale check to fly over enemies, and the more there are the harder, but thats pretty rough.
Aha. Seems like I need to reread the manual at some point.

I was sincere in my original offer to stop at the second mountain range, same when I said to Caelum this is our border take it or leave it.
Maybe so, but having 5 provinces doesn't get you very far. Especially when you don't have spectacular national troops. I suppose I could have sailed over to the other side of the map to expand, but Caelum offered a joint-strike at that same time, and that's what I went with.

Sarigs
11-08-2012, 05:10 PM
Ahoy ahoy, I've back from my travels, who's turn are we waiting on as I think they've all been in for a while :-)

Jarvis
11-08-2012, 05:36 PM
It's wedge99 himself who normally processes the turns that we're waiting for.

I considering that we might want to just process the turn, last turn I finally broke through his walls and I'm storming his castle and last province this turn.

This is the same army that defeated his much larger army before and he's been unable to recruit more troops because of being under siege so I can't see him doing anything but die this turn.

It's not polite of course not to give him the chance so I'm planning on processing it sunday morning if it's not already been done.

Jarvis
11-08-2012, 06:14 PM
Ah he's read the post and done the turn.

Thanks for the game wedge99, will you be joining in the next one that's likely to start at some point (there's one slowly being discussed in the noobs reloaded thread).

Wedge99 asked for someone to take over hosting when he went out, if no one else wants the job I know what i'm doing from last time.

Sarigs
11-08-2012, 07:50 PM
Awesome, thanks very much for the game as Jarvis said, sorry we wouldn't save ya from the big bad wolf :-/

And I think it's some kinda record that we've managed to get three turns in within a couple of hours of the turn being posted lol

Jarvis
14-08-2012, 05:32 PM
The 2h files for the turn just gone were deleted in the moving of files in dropbox, I think i've restored the right files and my turn looks correct but please tell me if yours are also right.

Also go sign up for the team game in the other thread. Please.

Edited to say that was an interesting effect from the flying monkeys.

Jarvis
24-08-2012, 06:51 AM
Sarigs, you've got your turn file in the dropbox, not the 2host file.

Sarigs
24-08-2012, 10:28 AM
Whoops, just rushed the upload then, I'll supply the correct file when I get home at 7ish this evening (UK time)

Edited to say that was an interesting effect from the flying monkeys.

Yeah it confused the hell out of me to be honest, I kinda assumed it would either work and they'd be no fight beyond what ever PD you dropped into or it wouldn't due to weight and a fight would happen.

You ended up moving and fighting off the monkeys which is just odd

Jarvis
26-08-2012, 08:46 AM
Whoops, just rushed the upload then, I'll supply the correct file when I get home at 7ish this evening (UK time)

Yeah it confused the hell out of me to be honest, I kinda assumed it would either work and they'd be no fight beyond what ever PD you dropped into or it wouldn't due to weight and a fight would happen.

You ended up moving and fighting off the monkeys which is just odd

I didn't fight off the monkeys, it looks like the attempt to carry you away isn't a roll but an actual battle, when I watched it they did sleep damage and knocked my guy out.

Having succeeded they carried my bloke back to where i assume you cast the spell and that province didn't have any pd to fight so I just got control.

Jarvis
01-09-2012, 04:40 PM
Thanks for playing zyden. You know we're missing one person from being able to start another dom3 team game...

Sarigs
02-09-2012, 01:28 AM
And the peasants rejoiced for on this day the black fiend Qudarrath was cast back into the pit by the One true god Omega Henge, Lord of Might.

P.s. FINALLY

Zyrden
02-09-2012, 03:40 PM
Thanks for playing zyden. You know we're missing one person from being able to start another dom3 team game...

Nah I think I'm done with dom for a time. PBEM format isn't really me I've found.
Thanks for the game though.

lasikbear
02-09-2012, 06:37 PM
And the peasants rejoiced for on this day the black fiend Qudarrath was cast back into the pit by the One true god Omega Henge, Lord of Might.

P.s. FINALLY

Nooooo =( =( =(

Didn't I kill Omega Henge?

Sarigs
02-09-2012, 06:58 PM
Nooooo =( =( =(

Didn't I kill Omega Henge?

Yeah you did.

Quick fun pop quiz time! How many priests do Atlantis have access to?

Answer: A metric shed load!

Sarigs
06-09-2012, 11:24 PM
Sorry lads, my turn is going to be late, I'll get it sorted tomorrow but I'm really running behind!

Jarvis
07-09-2012, 07:23 PM
Laiskbear, you've put your turn file into the folder, not your 2h file.

lasikbear
07-09-2012, 07:54 PM
Whoops, fixed

Sarigs
09-09-2012, 03:48 PM
Back you Viking harpies! BACK I SAY INTO THE SEA!

Completely missed that your mages had sailing :-. Still my counter force seemed to work quite well all told :-)

Sarigs
13-09-2012, 09:41 AM
I really sorry guys, I've not been home the last couple of days so I'm late with my turn, will try and get it in tonight once I get home!

lasikbear
18-09-2012, 12:49 AM
Just kidding everything is fine, I forgot to move the new file into the folder.

Jarvis
24-09-2012, 10:14 PM
Sarigs, can you check your turn file please, it's showing as an empty turn.

Sarigs
24-09-2012, 10:18 PM
I've resubmitted, no idea what was wrong!

Jarvis
24-09-2012, 10:21 PM
It's still showing as not having any orders, the - is missing.

You might need to redo the turn unfortunately.

Jarvis
26-09-2012, 05:05 PM
That's worked sarigs.

I'm looking at the Aole fight and while the wolfmen are very gifted anyway I can't help but think the final insult to their abilities is that the werewolf form has morale 19, alot of other nationals would've fled before that point and lost the battle - half my force died there.

wedge99
26-09-2012, 05:08 PM
Did the skinshifters take over the world as I predicted?

Jarvis
26-09-2012, 05:28 PM
In the final stages, I was still chewing on the east shore and shifting focus until recently - as well as doing even more research.

lasikbear
26-09-2012, 05:40 PM
I think it was clear Jarvis had won as of at least an ingame year ago, but I am still summoning things to send at him.

Unfortunately he and Sargis both have access to soul slay so its becoming less and less effective, but Ruthatho might get a chance to come back from Tartarus for a spell before the world is over (depending on if I get a suitable chassis for renaming).

Jarvis
26-09-2012, 07:22 PM
I think it was clear Jarvis had won as of at least an ingame year ago, but I am still summoning things to send at him.

Unfortunately he and Sargis both have access to soul slay so its becoming less and less effective, but Ruthatho might get a chance to come back from Tartarus for a spell before the world is over (depending on if I get a suitable chassis for renaming).

Pretty much this, all three of us are or were recently able to access high end content, in my case for the first time so we're trying stuff out.

Massed astral mages spamming soul slay along with some chod guards appear to be a good answer to opponents SC's, I think I've been using 5 or 6 at a time but everyone of those guys needed a 10 gem astral item to get their path up high enough to teleport onto the SC and then use the spells.

Sarigs
27-09-2012, 09:09 AM
Yeah I'm effectively down and out, frankly (and I really don't want to sound whiney here) there's bugger all I can do against Skinshifter and your mages.

They're recruitable any where, cheap for what you get so can and are massed in the hundreds, durable and deadly, backed up by national mages which have exceptionally deadly battle magic.

Chaff? Skinshifter chow.
Massed infantry? Thunderstrike under the cows come home.
Massed evocation magic? Need to kill everything. Twice in the time it takes to run across the battle ground.
Fear magic/slow effects? Thought that plan would work for a while but as soon as the second wolf form is triggered the forum flys back up to 19.
Even massed ranged weapons (which I don't have access to as Atlantis) which is touted as a counter to midgard still has to kill everything twice, and any intial casualties (i.e. triggering wolf form) actually raises the squads average morale.

Afflication have a change to me healed everytime a unit changes form I believe so evening in battles where you take a beating all of your units have 2 changes to cure afflication (when killed the first time and then at the end of battle when you shift back to man form)

They've overrun every game so far so my question is to the more experienced players, are we just missing a trick? Do they have a weakness which is exploitable? All I can honestly see is getting everyone to try to gank them as early as possible on mass? With easy access to Astral for soulslay/mindhunt for SC and extremely effective battle field mages/troops I don't see it my self!

Just re-read my post and I think it's at risk of coming across as really QQing and I just want to clarify that's really not my intention here, Jarvis has played exceptionally well, co-ordinating remote attacks, massed and spread air drops of elite SAS style mage squads and adapted to any set backs I've managed to deal him with both style and aplomb! Just wondering for my own peace of mind going forward into other games in the future!

Oh and Laris, I've precisely 1 unit that can use Soulslay and that's my Pretender :-P

lasikbear
27-09-2012, 03:12 PM
Haha, well he tends to paralyze my SCs for 40+ turns, and even the mighty Qadarrath could only eat 18 soul slays before succumbing.

Really I just needed to have gotten my shit together with boosters so I could get some skullcaps, and I definitely should have used lead shields against Jarvis. Any of my SC's and raiders were capable of killing ~infinity skinshifters, but I never really had enough MR (and I focused to much on getting lightning resist, so he could just switch to soul slay). On the other hand getting hit by arssatarssatus was way worse (thank Saint-Yves for heroic strength) so the vine shield was necessary up north.

Generally I think my major failing was not killing you or Wedge when you were both caught up in wars. I thought I was much closer to getting decent raiders up, but I made some stupid decisions with gems early and held off.

PS. You probably would have won that big fight in the east (buncha shifters vs fishmen and firemages) if you had maybe 2 more mages, most of the shifters were already transformed, they just needed to be hit with another falling fire or two.

Sarigs
27-09-2012, 03:49 PM
Yeah massed fire magic seems to be the only thing that I could muster that would dent him but again the whole two life/increase morale thing was a pain.

I'd only managed to wrest that province from Jarvis a few turns back so I'd only managed to get 3 of them by the time he attack, also there's the whole mindhunt business whittling my mages down.

To be honest I think we would have both been in a better position if we had stopped squabbling over our border a lot earlier, we must have wasted immense amounts of resources and over a year in a border dispute which effectively ended as a wary draw. I think from when the hostilities started the border was exactly where it started gives or two a single province or two!

I do really like mid-age Atlantis but despite getting through to the last three, they really don't have much going for them, beyond being plucky and aquatic. The arssatarssatus are fun and I'd put my money on them versus the skinshifters in a 1 on 1 fight but unfortunately being capital only and holy means in the time I can recruit 7 of them Jarvis can recruit (does the numberS) a metric shedload of skinshifters!

Has definitely been a fun game though, will get my turn in when I get home :-)

Sarigs
27-09-2012, 04:08 PM
Sorry for the double post. Dangerous of posting in between bits of work and being forgetful!

lasikbear
27-09-2012, 04:21 PM
I will squabble unto the last! I really wanted those death gems. I was using the income from that to summon 2 umbrals per turn and still keep a comfortable baseline income for other stuff. Basically everything I wanted in the game used death gems, outside of equipment and GoH/GoR. Ultimately, yeah, it probably doomed us both, but I was hoping to win through attrition as it wasn't costing me that much to keep it going for the first 5-10 turns.

Sarigs
27-09-2012, 04:45 PM
Well to be honest I had a long range plan of throwing up Burden of Time and giggling to my self as all of your necromancer and Jarvis' human mages died in their sleep but for a death based nation I have been absolutely robbed of death gems and just haven't been able to afford it.... :-(

The only gems I've had in abundance has been water gems and frankly...meh there's not much you can do with them to make a actually difference on land!

Jarvis
27-09-2012, 05:06 PM
Well to be honest I had a long range plan of throwing up Burden of Time and giggling to my self as all of your necromancer and Jarvis' human mages died in their sleep but for a death based nation I have been absolutely robbed of death gems and just haven't been able to afford it.... :-(

The only gems I've had in abundance has been water gems and frankly...meh there's not much you can do with them to make a actually difference on land!

This actually comes back to a complain I had before about the randomness of sites, this game among other things I've been blessed with abundant air sites granted I had rapid early expansion in which to find said sites but even given that I've been done well on that front.

The large early air gem income is what allowed me to actually to my first remote commander assassinations since to secure the kill on calum's commanders require 3 remote arrows at 4 air gems each spell. Per commander he had leading at any particular time in a province.

That's extremely gem hungry but was worth it on several occasions, If i'd not had that his plans for raiding me would've forced me to permanently have several forces chasing around recapturing the provinces he'd taken and each counter force would have needed to be tougher then his raider groups - given a little extra pressure at that point from the north or the sea and things would've snowballed against me.

(The complaint being that the presence of appropriate gem sites in your territory is a bit too random)

Back to the first game when I was playing man, I think had nulks and I not made a truce and I went after him like I did the monkeys then between the burst recruitment of archers and the wardens to screen them I would've been a strong contender to shut Nulkigan down before he got the mass air shield spell.

Nullkigan
27-09-2012, 06:35 PM
I got that spell as early as conceivably possible explcitly because I knew you were a massed archer nation. You'd certainly have won if you'd hit me whilst I was fighting Jotunheim, especially the early stages where I was still uncertain and had a lot of spare carls from early expansion. After that it gets spotty. Remember that the battle that turned your offensive war around wasn't won by skinshifters - it was won by massed summons and battle conjuration.

Jarvis
27-09-2012, 07:05 PM
I got that spell as early as conceivably possible explcitly because I knew you were a massed archer nation. You'd certainly have won if you'd hit me whilst I was fighting Jotunheim, especially the early stages where I was still uncertain and had a lot of spare carls from early expansion. After that it gets spotty. Remember that the battle that turned your offensive war around wasn't won by skinshifters - it was won by massed summons and battle conjuration.

By that point It didn't really matter what you threw at me, it was going to win I was far too focused warding against r'yleh and unable to change track because I could neither divert resources elsewhere nor actually take any water provinces.

Sarigs
03-10-2012, 10:11 AM
Mwahahahahaha flee before my God wolfies! Omega Henge will squish you! For the moment!

Jarvis
03-10-2012, 04:53 PM
For the moment is about right, though if this keeps up I may encounter a local bottleneck.

How's your treasury and gem supply doing lately?

Sarigs
04-10-2012, 11:12 AM
For the moment is about right, though if this keeps up I may encounter a local bottleneck.

How's your treasury and gem supply doing lately?

Ummmm not as well as your's im guessing! My treasury has reached a balance point. My gem supply is awful but I've more then I can realistically get through before the end arrives. (Although no earth gems BOO)

Jarvis
04-10-2012, 04:52 PM
I did notice a reduction in earth elemental spam in recent battles to once again kill your god.

Sarigs
04-10-2012, 09:51 PM
Yeah it's kinda of a downer.

On a completely unrelated note would you like to sent me all of your earth gems you happen to have on you? Maybe as a tribute to apease my rabid wolf eating deity?

Jarvis
04-10-2012, 10:04 PM
I'd consider it since the earth elementals weren't actually doing anything, but i've converted them all into astral gems

lasikbear
08-10-2012, 04:09 PM
Hey guys, sorry for the delay. Was on vacation and failed in my last minute attempts to get Dominions running on my crappy laptop. After a bit of a nightmare of a return flight (a flightmare if you would), I am back and my turn will be in tonight.

I expect I will click approximately 5 times to resolve it, not counting reading messages.

Sarigs
08-10-2012, 04:36 PM
Lol almost identical to me! Boot up, check the damage, realize you have no money to recruit or options for a functional counter attack, hit end turn. Sent!

lasikbear
08-10-2012, 04:54 PM
Mine is basically look at gems, decide if I should alchemize them all for a tartian or a gift of reason. Laugh at Jarvis losing an attack to something completely improbably (once his giant force was stopped because the two x-bows in the province managed to kill the only commander on turn 1). Click submit.

Jarvis
08-10-2012, 05:04 PM
Mine is basically look at gems, decide if I should alchemize them all for a tartian or a gift of reason. Laugh at Jarvis losing an attack to something completely improbably (once his giant force was stopped because the two x-bows in the province managed to kill the only commander on turn 1). Click submit.

It reminded me why I normally station commanders right at the back unless they're actually doing something that requires them to be closer to the battle lines.

Jarvis
09-10-2012, 05:28 PM
Sigh, more delays to my total domination.

By this point fighting all previous opponents where I won I'd already exhausted their main strength in the field, it's clearly harder to achieve this in the late game.

Sarigs
11-10-2012, 04:49 PM
Ack to be honest I don't think your in danger of losing suddenly, we're just enjoying vexxing you where we can. Turns out wolves can't swin :-/

Edit: Lol I love my pretender! I'm fully aware he will get his but I want to see if I can over take Agatha's SC before he goes :-)

Jarvis
13-10-2012, 10:47 AM
And omege henge goes home to (once again) die.

Sarigs
13-10-2012, 02:31 PM
And omege henge goes home to (once again) die.

Ack well, it was only a matter of time, if it had taken you a extra turn to break through the gate walls it would have been different :-)

Jarvis
16-10-2012, 06:55 AM
It would appear that 3 commanders with their corresponding skinshifters didn't quite manage to make it into the siege of agatha.
And now my god is dead (briefly).

Sarigs
19-10-2012, 06:22 AM
And so I die! Sleep well sweet Stoney Prince, you were the best of them!

Well played lads!

Jarvis
20-10-2012, 11:39 PM
Good game sarigs, cheers for playing.

Sorry for the delay in the turn laisk, the galdermen are all having a convention in agatha and it's been a bit of a chore micromanageing their combined spell casting to get there. (only 134ish air gems spent on that)

lasikbear
20-10-2012, 11:46 PM
Its cool, I am hoping to last till monday so we can have officially made it to the 6 month mark.

Jarvis
20-10-2012, 11:49 PM
Oh we can go a few more turns, i'm wanting to try out wish now but didn't prepare in advance so I need to empower my now alive again god (he only had 4 astral)

Nullkigan
20-10-2012, 11:50 PM
Send in the Turkeys!

Jarvis
08-11-2012, 12:17 PM
Laisk, this is the last turn I promise, please submit and witness your final doom.

Sarigs
08-11-2012, 12:27 PM
LOL are you guys still duking it out? Wayda go Agatha!

Jarvis
08-11-2012, 01:14 PM
LOL are you guys still duking it out? Wayda go Agatha!

In the last assault on his capital I messed up and didn't send in about 250 skinshifters, and they would probably have carried the day in getting to his casters.

Because they weren't there though the 40 odd storm demons that i'd sent in that were doing most of the heavy lifting in the battle ran out of ammo went hand to hand and made a good showing but eventually died.

So from then till now i've been moving even more shifters, casters and gathering a new lot of 70 storm demons in the assault thats about to take place hopefully to overwhelm his remaining tartarians and whatever else he's come up with in the meantime.

(those two giant dragon thingies were annoying damage soaks as well.)

Sarigs
08-11-2012, 01:21 PM
In the last assault on his capital I messed up and didn't send in about 250 skinshifters, and they would probably have carried the day in getting to his casters.

Because they weren't there though the 40 odd storm demons that i'd sent in that were doing most of the heavy lifting in the battle ran out of ammo went hand to hand and made a good showing but eventually died.

So from then till now i've been moving even more shifters, casters and gathering a new lot of 70 storm demons in the assault thats about to take place hopefully to overwhelm his remaining tartarians and whatever else he's come up with in the meantime.

(those two giant dragon thingies were annoying damage soaks as well.)

Oh I saw that battle, had a spy in situ just before I was removed from the game, if I remember rightly your pretender had a brain freeze and refused to run around the chasm!

Let us know when the final battle is won as I'd love to grab the files and watch the conclusion!

lasikbear
08-11-2012, 04:01 PM
Alright, my turn is up. Hopefully will provide some resistance, but I've been pretty short on gems for some reason.

Jarvis
08-11-2012, 06:50 PM
Final turn up now then.

Since your dead sarigs you'll have to watch it from my turns point of view - my god's password was luckydip.

For some reason one of laiskbear's tartarian's decided to break siege on his own so there's actually two battles.

lasikbear
08-11-2012, 06:58 PM
He was scripted to spam rain of stones to murder some casters and I guess bloodslaves before the real battle. Unfortunately he got paralyzed turn 1 and just sat around and eventually died. Not totally sure how many turns he lived, but I think he could have at least gotten two casts off.

Edit: also I think I get to add 1 more to my god kill count, as I believe Saint Yves managed to kill himself with firestorm.