PDA

View Full Version : Nidhogg?

Tom OBedlam
17-06-2011, 09:04 AM
What ever happened to Nidhogg? I remember hearing that there was some manner of legal issue delaying its release a while ago, but I've not heard anything since. Any ideas when I'll finally be able to play it again?

Malawi Frontier Guard
17-06-2011, 09:37 AM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/photos/images/original/000/111/236/WIN-IGF-AWARD-NEVER-RELEASE-THE-GAME.jpg

Seriously, how hard can it be to get that game out the door?

pakoito
17-06-2011, 12:24 PM
Monaco won the year before that and they're still at it.

JackShandy
17-06-2011, 11:23 PM
I've been excited for that game for absolutely ages. It seems to have gone off the grid completely.

pakoito
17-06-2011, 11:37 PM
I've been excited for that game for absolutely ages. It seems to have gone off the grid completely.Well for Monaco you can reach Andy on Twitter pretty easily and the answer is always "Soon". Right now he's almost finished with the engine, characters, progression and unlocks and seems to be working with community mapmakers to make a good map base.

Same for nidhogg and Spyparty -.-

deano2099
18-06-2011, 04:16 AM
Monaco and Spy Party I sort of get though as they're both games that can be hugely improved by added crap loads more levels and variations to them. Everything I've read about Nidhogg suggests it's fairly simple... hopefully the time is being spent on making it something hugely deep and fascinating, I'm just not sure what exactly.