PDA

View Full Version : What is this awesome game?

mashakos
19-06-2011, 06:35 PM
Yeah, I can read youtube video titles. What I meant was, has this ever existed as a PC game or possibly a PS2/Gamecube game? Don't think I can afford arcade cabinets yet...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeyXFrumukE

Flint
19-06-2011, 06:51 PM
According to the Youtube comments, it's an arcade game (that the guy is running through an emulator software on PC), and apparently there's also a DS game of some sort.

So best bet is probably getting this emulated on PC.

Baris
19-06-2011, 06:53 PM
What the hell did I just watch...

Rinox
19-06-2011, 06:58 PM
What the hell did I just watch...

Seconded. No idea what was happening in that video.

icupnimpn2
19-06-2011, 07:12 PM
Golgo 13 is a famous Japanese comic about a sniper/assassin. He's sort of like James Bond but without the morality. The game is showing the actual panels of the comic leading up to the part where the assassination takes place.

It's being played as a rom on MAME on PC. Don't know which of the particular arcade games this is, since there are several.

Spacewalk
19-06-2011, 11:40 PM
It's likely to be the first one going by the title screen in the previous video in the series. Emulation is your best bet if you're dead set on it seeing how on rails first person shooters just don't sell on PC. Personally I wouldn't bother with it, I love rail shooters but it kind of loses a lot of its impact when you don't have a plastic scoped rifle to play the game with but that's just me.

mashakos
19-06-2011, 11:53 PM
Emulation is your best bet if you're dead set on it seeing how on rails first person shooters just don't sell on PC.I don't know. Shooting the high heel off that woman's shoe, and (head)shooting a prisoner while he's talking to his lawyer through a revolving door are not easy to do with a mouse - not to mention really creative!!

anyway, I have a Gyration remote. So I have fun with these kind of games at least.

Donjo
20-06-2011, 02:22 AM
The music is awesome.