PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using the Beta Patch?

Harlander
11-05-2012, 09:51 AM
... and if so:

Is it different for A2/OA?
Does it break any notable mods?
Any tips for using it?

Thanks

Kefirz
11-05-2012, 02:57 PM
I have no idea of what it is or how to get it, I am using steam and it is using autopatch feature, but other than that I haven't seen any difference

unangbangkay
14-05-2012, 11:52 AM
I have no idea of what it is or how to get it, I am using steam and it is using autopatch feature, but other than that I haven't seen any difference

I believe the beta patches he's referring to are "unofficial" patches for Arma2 and OA released by BIS, ones that do NOT get added by Steam's auto-update feature. They've got a bunch of optimizations and I think in the latest ones new, more efficient options of anti-aliasing and the like.

I installed the latest one and it requires that I launch it like a mod, in fact, with custom launch commands set into the shortcut.

I don't know if the new one breaks any mods, though I have seen several Day Z servers require it for joining.

Kelron
14-05-2012, 02:26 PM
I'm using it for DayZ only, because people say it makes connecting to servers faster. I'm not sure I've noticed any difference. You run it like a mod so you can easily launch Arma without it if it's causing problems.

hal9000
14-05-2012, 07:52 PM
I can't launch ARMA with beta patch following instructions in BIS forums. I just installed Sixupdater and made a profile for Arma2:co+beta patches and other profile for Arma2:co+dayz+beta patches, so that it updates itself every time I launch. Works flawlessly.