PDA

View Full Version : Firefox forgets logins

Danny252
18-05-2012, 04:45 PM
Chaps,

For a long while now Firefox has been randomly forgetting I've ticked a "keep me logged in" button - this has persisted through umpteen versions and 2 different computers (although I copied my FF profile over, because I'm far too attached to my internet history). It remembers the user/pass when I go to the login page, and keeps the login for a while but I eventually find myself logged out of forums after a few weeks or days - I've had it forget after 10 minutes on a really bad day).

It's not related to any specific website, seemingly - the RPS forums, some phpBB ones, a weird Joomla thing, mediawikis all forget. They also all seem to forget in unison, and it isn't necessarily on opening the browser - they can forget halfway through a session.

I suspect this is down to FF somehow deleting cookies. I can't find any obvious option for this (Firefox will: "Remember History" is set), though, and the random timing confuses me too. Thoughts/solutions?

ArtVandelay
18-05-2012, 08:31 PM
Do you have a program such as CCleaner that is deleting cookies? If remember history is checked in Firefox, it should keep you logged in. I do think some websites will automatically log you out after a certain period of time though. I use Lastpass (http://lastpass.com/index.php) to auto logon me into my favorite sites.

Danny252
20-05-2012, 10:52 AM
No, there's nothing like that on this laptop - it's far too new and speedy for the moment! I would go with auto-logouts, but the time period seems to be fairly random, and I'd've thought the "remember me" would persist for a few weeks/months (Wikipedia/Mediawiki does 90 days or something like that, for example).