PDA

View Full Version : Eurogamer & Rock, Paper, Shotgun present Rezzed, The PC & Indie Games Show

Rossignol
23-05-2012, 10:34 AM
Brighton, 6th-7th July!

Here's the site: http://www.rezzed.com/

Here's some news: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/05/21/carmandgeddem-stainless-reincarnation-chat-at-rezzed/

Who's coming?

Jaxvor
23-05-2012, 06:22 PM
I've just won tickets, so yeah! Rather disturbingly excited about it now.

Actually, are there any more details available about what's on offer on each day?

Kadayi
23-05-2012, 07:17 PM
Sadly I have other commitments, but hope it goes well Jim.

TailSwallower
23-05-2012, 07:58 PM
I will more than likely be there for one of the days. I'll just have to make sure I get one of those days off work.

nsane
24-05-2012, 07:20 AM
I won't be there since I live on the other side of the planet lol.
But hope it goes well, you guys deserve it.

westyfield
24-05-2012, 08:56 AM
Sadly I'll be out of the country when it's on, otherwise I'd be very keen to go. Good luck, hope it all runs smoothly!

Alex Bakke
24-05-2012, 09:29 AM
I'll be there!

QuantaCat
24-05-2012, 09:33 AM
For a site called Eurogamer, its set in the UK? How Quaint™.

Im just annoyed that I cant make it because I dont have enough money for a flight.

Olero
24-05-2012, 10:14 AM
Hmm, I'm tempted because I'll be spending my holiday in the proximity of Bristol, but.... I highly and lowly doubt my girlfriend will be interested. At all... Well, unless there'll be a new version of Bubble & Bobble or Rollercoaster Tycoon playable.

Sarigs
24-05-2012, 01:14 PM
I'll be there, I'm local to the southeast and work in Brighton so it's a easy call for me!

Rather looking forward to it all things considered

TaroYamada
11-06-2012, 05:52 AM
Cool to Sega will be at the show in a big way, coincides with their new digital/pc focus too I guess.

Coccyx
03-07-2012, 12:07 AM
It's looking likely that I'll be there!

Adynod
05-07-2012, 02:00 AM
I'll be there all Friday. Looking forward to it! Hopefully I'll get to meet some of you lovely RPSers at the Friday get together.

MozzerV12
05-07-2012, 07:47 PM
I'm coming Friday and Saturday and I'm rather excited! I hope that I get to meet some nice people who are into games and stuff. Is anyone going pretty much all day on both days? It would be nice to enjoy with other people otherwise I might just end up stalking the RPS crew like a socially awkward penguin :/

Sarigs
05-07-2012, 09:56 PM
I'm coming Friday and Saturday and I'm rather excited! I hope that I get to meet some nice people who are into games and stuff. Is anyone going pretty much all day on both days? It would be nice to enjoy with other people otherwise I might just end up stalking the RPS crew like a socially awkward penguin :/

I'll be there both days with a couple of different mates on each day, so you welcome to wander round with us if your at a loose end

Strange
06-07-2012, 10:02 AM
If you see someone with a WASD tshirt and can of beans, that's me.

Sarigs
06-07-2012, 12:00 PM
I'm wandering about in a blue Incredible Hawk hoodie just going into zomboid now

MozzerV12
06-07-2012, 05:52 PM
Well I just left for today. It was pretty cool but going around by myself took some of the fun out of it. I was hoping I might have been able to strike up some conversations but didn't. One problem is once you get inside phone reception dies so I couldn't check RPS. Anyone going tomorrow want to rendevous? Borderlands 2 and Aliens are pretty fun to play! Also I hope it's not raining so much tomorrow. PS were the RPS around today? You should be carrying alarms so you can be found more easily.

nutterguy
06-07-2012, 11:25 PM
I was going to say that we should all get Rock Paper Shotgun Tshirts but it seems that SplitReason no longer sell them. :-(
(Old link that no longer works: http://www.splitreason.com/product/726# )

It was this one and it was pretty damm nice: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2008/04/28/t-shirt-compo-winnahs/

RPS Hivemind: can we get these again please?

MadJax
07-07-2012, 10:25 PM
Was an awesome weekend, and was great meeting a load of fellow RPS'ers (As well as bugging Jim in the pub about a lack of SYABH :P)

apricotsoup
07-07-2012, 11:23 PM
I was one of the chaps manning the missing ink stand so hello to anyone I may have spoken to.

Eurogamer has some photos of the event for the curious and I did manage to spot my dark shape in a couple, which was nice.

Creeping Death
08-07-2012, 12:39 AM
I was one of the chaps manning the missing ink stand so hello to anyone I may have spoken to.

Eurogamer has some photos of the event for the curious and I did manage to spot my dark shape in a couple, which was nice.

Hmm, I might've spoken to you! Tall guy with long hair and my short blonde girlfriend. If it was you, the game froze up twice when we were talking, and you were adamant it hadn't happened before xD

Don't worry though, I think I'm just cursed. Happened when I checked out 2 other games too :/

Was a good weekend. The RPS panels were easily the highlight for me.

Coccyx
08-07-2012, 12:52 AM
I just arrived after train-ing all the way to back to Wolverhampton. I was the youth with unkempt hair in a levellers T-Shirt and corduroy jacket, if anyone reading this saw/spoke to me.

I had a lovely time, somehow managing to meet nearly all of the RPS crew along with Kieron Gillen (sorry for mistaking you for Lewie Procter!) and Peter Molyneux. Oh, and I played my first ever game of dominion with three friendly strangers.

Roll on Rezzed 2013!

Fishy
08-07-2012, 10:04 AM
Had a wicked time at Rezzed. Meeting lot of interesting and nice people made me finally get involved in the forums. I got to meet some great devs and writers that I admire, got a hug from the absolutely charming Mr Walker and got given a copy of Resident Evil: Racoon City by Mr Meer.

Not sure what I did to deserve that....

Old KG always looked too busy when I saw him, so I'll have to stalk him another day!

Solivagant
08-07-2012, 12:19 PM
Had a great time, first game show I've ever been to, I've just moved to the UK recently. Expect me in the next Social Club event.

I chatted with Chris and Mark from Introversion, also spoke with Chris England, who was manning the Xenonauts stand.

I was among the guys admiring Hotline Miami in the closing minutes of Saturday.

apricotsoup
08-07-2012, 02:42 PM
Hmm, I might've spoken to you! Tall guy with long hair and my short blonde girlfriend. If it was you, the game froze up twice when we were talking, and you were adamant it hadn't happened before xD

Don't worry though, I think I'm just cursed. Happened when I checked out 2 other games too :/

Was a good weekend. The RPS panels were easily the highlight for me.

I think that was me, we had a fairly smooth run apart from that and the brighton centre wifi.

Was a nice show all in all and I hope for more.

wyrmsine
08-07-2012, 07:17 PM
My girlfriend and I had a great time at Rezzed - thanks very much, RPS :)

deano2099
13-04-2013, 03:56 PM
So anyone going this year? Was planning to go anyway but the move to Birmingham makes it quite convenient..

MadJax
25-04-2013, 12:23 AM
Aye, I'll be going to this years event, especially after the fun had last year. As you said, the Birmingham move is a lot more convenient for me as well. :) I'll be attending with my housemates this year! Also hoping they announce a pub meet on the Saturday eve again as it was a good crack chatting to some of the devs and journos in attendance.

Creeping Death
03-05-2013, 01:21 AM
Yup, I'll be there! Though the move to Birmingham means its gone from being right next door to half way up the country :P Anyway, it'll be worth it for the RPS panel alone.

Toploader
19-05-2013, 03:47 PM
I'm going, even booked a hotel so I could stay both days.

McSasquatch
21-05-2013, 02:19 PM
Curse you geography.

*shakes fist at globe*

Will be following as closely as I can..... online :-/

mickygor
21-05-2013, 02:33 PM
Yeah I'm going

QuantaCat
21-05-2013, 03:48 PM
As am I. TEN CHARACTERS!

Droopy The Dog
11-06-2013, 08:51 PM
Welp everyone seems to have had fun last year so why not?

Long time article lurker attending on impulse here.

QuantaCat
11-06-2013, 09:16 PM
oh it will be fun.

BubuIIC
16-06-2013, 09:13 PM
Hey RPS'ers from Birmingham (Well are there any?)

ok, this probably isn't very active here, but I might give it a shot.

I wanted to ask if one of you going to Rezzed would be able to host me for the weekend.
I'm a 23 year old student from Berlin looking for a place to stay and of course wanting to get to know some of you.

I'm (semi-)active at couchsurfing.org, see http://www.couchsurfing.org/people/bubuiic/ for my profile.
And of course if some of you ever happen to be in Berlin I'd be glad to host you or show you around.

Cheers,
Marcus

Zeal
17-06-2013, 01:10 PM
Ahhhh. I bought tickets for myself and 5 of my friends to go to rezzed but now we've left it so late to book flights or ferries over from Ireland it's costing us over 180 euro each to go, not counting food or accommodation. Would anyone be interested in some tickets? Don't want them to go to waste and getting at least a wee bit of money back from them would be great.

TomxJ
21-06-2013, 02:22 PM
I'll be working the floor the sat and visiting the sunday. Anyone else volunteering?

Llamageddon
22-06-2013, 08:53 PM
oh it will be fun.

Today was interesting enough but what happened to the after-hours gathering? Last year Jim started this thread and RPS set a venue for drinks afterwards, this year things seem a lot more low key. Where did everyone go? Wetherspoons was packed for about an hour then slowly emptied. Appears as if we've just become old fogies who need an early night or did I miss something? Three of us here wondering why it's got so civilised and sensible.

MadJax
23-06-2013, 11:47 PM
The drinks were a good laugh, including me getting randomly hugged by Chris Avelone, and a group of about 6 of us (Inc. Adam Smith) getting thrown out when they closed up for the night and we were drunkenly conversing :P