PDA

View Full Version : An Americas night

Wengart
30-05-2012, 05:39 AM
Tactical Tuesdays current hours can be a little trying for us not around Europe. I was wondering how many people would be interested in an Americas' night. With times better suited to our schedule?

ConcreteOtter
30-05-2012, 06:38 PM
Yeah I would be interested in having a Arma in the Americas night.

motherpuncher
30-05-2012, 07:25 PM
I would enjoy some ARMA multiplayer besides DayZ. Trying to play singleplayer Arma is not that great. The EU night owls could join in also.

Nim.Was.Taken
31-05-2012, 02:06 AM
I'd be willing to lend a hand in this.

Borklund
31-05-2012, 10:09 AM
EU night owl reporting in.

Harlander
31-05-2012, 10:43 AM
It's not a scheduled night, but you can usually ask in the chat and find a bunch of willing types to do some pick-up Armage.

Nullkigan
31-05-2012, 07:28 PM
What do you need to make this happen?

An Americas night has been bandied around before but usually died in the face of noone wanting to organise it and there only being 2-3 of you at any one time. That second has handily been resolved by the recent influx, I think.

Nim.Was.Taken
01-06-2012, 02:54 AM
We might not have the numbers for adversarial, but we'd have enough for coop certainly?

Nim

Wolfenswan
01-06-2012, 11:07 AM
Iirc some of the FOLK veterans are americans as well and play on the FOLK server from time to time. Crossposting this thread to the FOLK forum (http://www.ferstaberinde.com/folk/forum/) might yield more players.

Also there are a couple of dozen BAF missions on the ARPS server for player numbers from 6 - 16.

officeape
01-06-2012, 03:51 PM
Count me in as an American interested in playing. It's difficult for me to commit to any particular time, but I'd love to join up if I'm available. I usually play nights from around 9 PM - 12 AM CST, during the week. My weekend times are sporadic.

Wengart
01-06-2012, 09:45 PM
I'm going to be away this next week so I won't be able to really do much, however I think I might post a poll with possible times on it. See where we can get the most interest.

Admins, can we just hop on the server and play or does someone need to sign up to be an admin or something like that?

Nullkigan
01-06-2012, 09:50 PM
You can just hop on and play whenever. You can #vote admin <playername> to give someone quasi-admin powers if needed. The reason I was asking what you needed to make this happen was to provoke you into trying to organise it, not to kill the idea :)

Once you're happy and have found your feet I can schedule some steam events, including ones on the main RPS group.

Nim.Was.Taken
02-06-2012, 06:51 PM
You can just hop on and play whenever. You can #vote admin <playername> to give someone quasi-admin powers if needed. The reason I was asking what you needed to make this happen was to provoke you into trying to organise it, not to kill the idea :)

Once you're happy and have found your feet I can schedule some steam events, including ones on the main RPS group.

Are there any missions in particular we should try?

Nim

harakka
02-06-2012, 07:57 PM
First a few words on the naming schemes: there's the general scheme which is [co/adv#] where co is coop, adv is team versus team and # is playercount. The Folk scheme looks like
fkco_co10_finale_v2, the bit you need to care about is the _co10_ after the first underscore, where the same rules again apply.
Recommendations depends on your playercount. Here's some off the top of my dome...

Sub-15 playercounts are a bit tough with our current mission selection. For at or under 14 there are at least 2 good Folk missions, Lichterfelde and The Fog. Both on Chernarus. On Takistan there's Midnight Riders which is something of an ARPS classic. There's also a bunch of missions prefixed with BAF, some of them are decent but you'll just have to try them out. Most of them are 8-10 players IIRC. Cipher on Chernarus was a decent random-generated mission.

If you get into 20+ people you will be safe picking pretty much anything, especially anything with the Folk naming scheme is pretty much guaranteed to be decent.

Finally, you can ask about in the RPS Steam chat for suggests, people will probably have a lot of opinions to throw about :P

P.S. Ninja-edited in: missions aren't really the thing to worry about, there's plenty and more can be arranged if there is will. Your primary worry at this point is finding a suitable time, getting a crew together and having the crew turn up more than a couple of times. Good luck and persistence in your endeavor.

billyphuz
04-06-2012, 03:32 PM
I'm down. I'm subscribing to this thread, so hopefully if a game breaks out I'll be ready for it.

Wengart
04-06-2012, 06:45 PM
I plan on trying to get something planned in the coming weeks. Unfortunately I am on vacation and my hotel has no Internet (I'm typing this on a bestbuy display iPad). Could people post preferred times in this thread. I would like to setup a proper poll but won't be home till this sunday.

officeape
04-06-2012, 08:03 PM
Can't care less, it's Ubi. Stop buying their games.
http://www.chese.info/small.gif

If you don't care, then don't troll the thread.

Nim.Was.Taken
04-06-2012, 11:21 PM
I plan on trying to get something planned in the coming weeks. Unfortunately I am on vacation and my hotel has no Internet (I'm typing this on a bestbuy display iPad). Could people post preferred times in this thread. I would like to setup a proper poll but won't be home till this sunday.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?5094-Democracy!-American-Night-Poll-For-Date-amp-Time

Not much in the way of votes so far, but from what I can see, everyone seems to wants this to run from 20:00 to 22:00 EST, which isn't really surprising.

ConcreteOtter
05-06-2012, 07:28 AM
Yeah 8pm EST is probably the earliest that us working stiffs on the west coast can do. I voted for Tuesday but most week nights work for me honestly. Maybe we should try to set something up for next week?

Wengart
06-06-2012, 08:11 AM
Whoo found another connection! So I'm currently thinking Thursday around 7-8ish. I would like to avoid doubling up on tactical Tuesday.

billyphuz
07-06-2012, 12:50 AM
Thursdays at 8 (eh, more like 830 probably) EST would work fine for me.

Wengart
09-06-2012, 06:57 AM
I will be back to my gaming PC on Monday so I think I'll have a looksie at the server then, and hammer something solid out. During Tactical Tuesday I'll probably mention it to the folks playing and post on the forum. Hopefully we'll get a decent turn out.

Wengart
13-06-2012, 06:17 AM
So we are going to do this Thursday at 8:00PM Eastern Standard time.

Bodge
13-06-2012, 10:50 AM
There is quite a wide range of missions on the server so you should be good, shout if you need suggestions.

Borklund
13-06-2012, 11:26 AM
I will be in attendance, and will try to get some folks I know to join in as well.

Wengart
13-06-2012, 04:50 PM
Also if anyone has map recommendation they would be appreciated.

Bodge
13-06-2012, 11:38 PM
Really depends on numbers tbh. Might highlight a few missions for you when i am not drunk. If i remember i will do it tomorrow.

ConcreteOtter
15-06-2012, 12:03 AM
Just got home from work. Looking forward to some Arma in an hour or so. Now to try to figure out advance whisper lists for mumble.