View Full Version : No video cutscenes with Vampire: Bloodlines

Vexing Vision
08-06-2012, 07:56 AM
I am running out of ideas.

I tried this on three different computers:

Win 7, 32 bit, ATI Radeon 8600
Win 7, 64 bit, Nividia Integrated
Win Xp, Ati Radeon (unsure of specs).

The game itself seems to run fine, but the video sequences are just black. I hear the sounds, but I can't get it to run.

I tried the latest community beta patch, I tried the latest official patch and I tried the native Steam version. No luck.

So. Anyone? As everyone I respect keeps telling me that I should really play that game at one point despite my intense dislike of Vampires and Vampire-reenacters (the most disgustingly sparkly goths in my neighborhood), I figured I should really give it a try. However, I also really don't want to miss out.

thegooseking
08-06-2012, 10:50 AM
As far as I remember, every cutscene in the game is rendered in-engine. I think the only actual videos are the intro splashes.

Vexing Vision
08-06-2012, 10:58 AM
Mhmmm, maybe. I never kept trying. Any idea why the intro splashes then refuse to play? I assume there's some kind of outtro that I'll be missing as well?

Subatomic
08-06-2012, 11:16 AM
Mhmmm, maybe. I never kept trying. Any idea why the intro splashes then refuse to play? I assume there's some kind of outtro that I'll be missing as well?

The 'outro' is just a credits screen with an animated background, everything else is in-engine as well. The intro splashes won't play on my machine too, but the game works fine. My guess is it has something to do with widescreen resolutions, which also mess with video sequences in other older games.

djbriandamage
08-06-2012, 06:48 PM
Do you have a codec pack installed? If so, uninstall or update it and try again.