squirrelfanatic (confirmed)
X_kot (confirmed)
agentorange (confirmed)
Skydancer (confirmed)
Sarigs (confirmed)
Heliocentric (confirmed)

Here are the options we're using:

Map Size: 12 / 14 / 16
Map Type: Great Rivers / Acheron's Locks / Dante's Peak / The Lake of Fire / Infernal Divide / Random
Place of Power: None / Rare / Uncommon / Common
Game Length: 10 / 15 / 20 / 25
Infernal Census : Yes / No
Rectification Content : Yes / No

Squiz
14-06-2012, 05:24 PM
I'm up for this. Haven't played any MP games before, so I am fine with whatever you guys think is a good choice. Default would therefore be:

Map Size: 12 / 14 / 16
Map Type: Great Rivers / Acheron's Locks / Dante's Peak / The Lake of Fire / Infernal Divide / Random
Place of Power: None / Rare / Uncommon / Common
Game Length: 10 / 15 / 20 / 25
Infernal Census : Yes / No
Rectification Content : Yes / No

Cheers, my future demon underlings!

Skydancer
15-06-2012, 12:30 PM
Up and about! I'll surely get prestigerolled to the ground but, what the hell.

agentorange
19-06-2012, 06:25 AM
I'm up for it. And I'm fine with the default options.

Squiz
19-06-2012, 06:32 AM
Just to clarify, have you guys some experience with the game? Personally, I have only dabbled a little bit with the single player game, but not for very long. Of course I have read the rules, but if there are any unbelievably important things one should consider (for example when creating your avatar), I would be happy to hear them. Don't want to be out of the game before it has even started. :)

agentorange
19-06-2012, 11:35 AM
I've played a lot of single player, and done maybe 5 multiplayer sessions. I'm terrible at the game though, so don't worry about being singled out and annihilated.

Skydancer
19-06-2012, 01:04 PM
I have played some single player games. You just need to get the hang of the mechanics such as the resolution order of stuff (like, rituals get in effect on the next turn, not straight away).

X_kot
19-06-2012, 08:39 PM
All right, we've got four, so we'll get started! Does everyone have a Dropbox account? It's been helpful with other PBEM games I've played, and it's free w/ registration. Send me a PM with your account name, and I'll add you to a shared folder once I get home from work tonight. If there are any objections, we can do it the new old-fashioned way via email.

As for recommendations, I'm not really an expert at the game, but my experience has taught me that avatars should be built to really excel at one or two things rather than generalizing. (The consequence is that you have to push that advantage in game while hiding or minimizing your weaknesses.) That, and charisma is not a dump stat.

Sarigs
20-06-2012, 09:02 AM
All right, we've got four, so we'll get started! Does everyone have a Dropbox account? It's been helpful with other PBEM games I've played, and it's free w/ registration. Send me a PM with your account name, and I'll add you to a shared folder once I get home from work tonight. If there are any objections, we can do it the new old-fashioned way via email.

As for recommendations, I'm not really an expert at the game, but my experience has taught me that avatars should be built to really excel at one or two things rather than generalizing. (The consequence is that you have to push that advantage in game while hiding or minimizing your weaknesses.) That, and charisma is not a dump stat.

Damn I keep coming across new game threads after their finalised and started :-(

Skydancer
20-06-2012, 11:11 AM
We've not started yet, ask x_kot if he can open a spot for you.

Sarigs
20-06-2012, 01:08 PM
We've not started yet, ask x_kot if he can open a spot for you.

Thanks for the suggestion Sky, I've sent X_kot a PM so hopefully I've caught him in time!

Squiz
20-06-2012, 04:24 PM
I'll set up a DropBox account tonight and get working on an idea for my avatar.

Heliocentric
20-06-2012, 05:58 PM
I am interested and able.

X_kot
20-06-2012, 06:05 PM
We'd love to have you join us in Hell! Just PM me your Dropbox email, and I'll add you. Any preferences for the game parameters?

Skydancer
21-06-2012, 12:29 AM
No. I think we're fine as it is, 6 players is plenty and not extremely crowded.

X_kot
21-06-2012, 02:12 AM
Nice work, all! Everyone's accounted for, so on we go.

All Dropbox invitations have been sent, and game invite files have been placed in the shared folder. Place your named file in the \SoliumInfernumGame\_NewGameStarts\ folder and load the game, which will prompt you to select your avatar. When you're finished, transfer the new save file to the Dropbox folder.

Squiz
22-06-2012, 06:52 AM
I'll probably create my avatar tonight, sorry for the delay.

Heliocentric
22-06-2012, 06:57 AM
Oh, I wasn't aware this was active I'll get my part done by lunch 100%

agentorange
22-06-2012, 11:26 AM
Did you receive my avatar? Melmoth is its name.

Sarigs
22-06-2012, 11:27 AM
Where I uploaded my avatar but the Dropbox folder has emptied itself, not sure if you nabbed the file or they've been deleted!

Heliocentric
22-06-2012, 11:43 AM
^_^ So, its like, words. Yunno that simply looking at them, is not actually the same thing as reading them, i know, it surprised me too. I heard that sometimes you need to actually think about words too, words are complicated.

Turn uploaded to the box of drop, I'm MortÚ.

EDIT CRAP:
Skydancer informs me that M˛rte is the Italian way, but MortÚ is French.... Gods help me, I've created a Frenchman.

Edit Phew:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin_America
I can be French Latin, I am saved.

X_kot
22-06-2012, 03:53 PM
Excellent work, chaps. I have been transferring the files to my MultiplayerSaves folder as I have received them - sorry to have caused any confusion! We should be almost ready tonight; I'll upload the first turn after work if everyone's submitted by then.

Squiz
22-06-2012, 11:18 PM
My save is uploaded.

I am so confused.

X_kot
22-06-2012, 11:22 PM
Never fear - all will be obscured. First-turn file will be available in about an hour.

EDIT: And it's ready - let the plotting commence! Feel free to add me on Steam (x_kot) and PM me if you'd like to chat.

Squiz
23-06-2012, 10:55 AM
EDIT CRAP:
Skydancer informs me that M˛rte is the Italian way, but MortÚ is French.... Gods help me, I've created a Frenchman.

Edit Phew:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin_America
I can be French Latin, I am saved.Ohhh, you would like us to think you are NOT a Frenchman, do you?? But you have been found out, mister! Prepare for half-arsed border conflicts and uninspired political quarreling!

Heliocentric
23-06-2012, 02:17 PM
Prepare for half-arsed border conflicts and uninspired political quarreling!

That's early game solium infernum for you.

Squiz
24-06-2012, 11:02 AM
I've uploaded my turn, hope everything's alright with it. I'm excited about the next one. :)

X_kot
25-06-2012, 12:03 AM
New turn is up! The bazaar has been busy already.

Skydancer
25-06-2012, 12:18 AM
The map looks really interesting and open, dare I say.
I am Chickenfeet.

X_kot
25-06-2012, 01:01 AM
I am Chickenfeet.

...hear me roar?

Heliocentric
25-06-2012, 01:27 AM
The map looks really interesting and open, dare I say.
I am Chickenfeet.
I've my back to a fissure, it feels crowded over here. Submitted my turn.

Squiz
25-06-2012, 07:42 AM
I am Chickenfeet.Oh hai, I am Pamphleticon.

Sarigs
25-06-2012, 07:55 AM
Oh hai, I am Pamphleticon.

Suppose I should finish off the intros. I R Larkett at your general non-disposal

Squiz
25-06-2012, 09:30 AM
... at your general non-disposalWe'll see about that, won't we?

Skydancer
25-06-2012, 11:27 AM
I can be French Latin, I am saved.

What the hell does that mean? A frenchman is consequently of latin heritage. You might be a french, a canadian or an ex colonist, nothing else.

Heliocentric
25-06-2012, 12:21 PM
What the hell does that mean? A frenchman is consequently of latin heritage. You might be a french, a canadian or an ex colonist, nothing else.

Ex-colonist sounds least bad, yes. Quickly, more turns!

Squiz
25-06-2012, 07:03 PM
Man, it really is difficult to keep track of everything that's going on. I hope that I don't miss something vital. Speaking of which: So-much-Lust.

Uploaded my next turn.

Squiz
26-06-2012, 06:43 AM
Man, it really is difficult to keep track of everything that's going on. I hope that I don't miss something vital. Speaking of which: So-much-Lust.

Uploaded my next turn.

Hold your infernal horses! I just realised I made a grave mistake in my last submitted turn. I'll upload a new file tonight, if that's ok.

Edit: Just checked the dropbox folder. X_kot, have you already removed my turnfile?

Heliocentric
26-06-2012, 07:33 AM
Hold your infernal horses! I just realised I made a grave mistake in my last submitted turn. I'll upload a new file tonight, if that's ok.

Edit: Just checked the dropbox folder. X_kot, have you already removed my turnfile?

ALL TURNS ARE BINDING ONCE SUBMITTED.
Joke, I yoinked the 2nd turn twice but once it's been processed I guess that's it.

Sarigs
26-06-2012, 08:45 AM
I wouldn't worry too much about mistakes if the turns already been processed, I don't think anyone here is that experienced with the game and personally I've never tried a Demon with this particular skill set so I'm very much gonna have to wing it :-)

Squiz
26-06-2012, 09:40 AM
I wouldn't worry too much about mistakes if the turns already been processed, I don't think anyone here is that experienced with the game and personally I've never tried a Demon with this particular skill set so I'm very much gonna have to wing it :-)I'm wouldn't be too concerned myself, but I just realised something that made me rethink my overall strategy, so it would be quite big deal for me. If the turn has already been processed, of course I'll take whatever the result is and file this under "things to consider before submitting a new turn".

Edit: x_kot just informs me that I have uploaded the save-file instead of the .trn-file. Guess I saved my rear end myself this time. Will update tonight, sorry chaps.

Skydancer
26-06-2012, 11:15 AM
Rofl. Saved by noobiness! I also screwed up with my trn file and nearly ended up making you all reboot the game, but x_kot luckily had a copy.

Heliocentric
26-06-2012, 11:47 AM
but x_kot luckily had a copy.

I hereby appoint x_kot as official file keeper, may you serve the hasty well.

X_kot
26-06-2012, 03:59 PM
Hooray for file recovery! Sorry for the delay everyone, but there will be a new .sav file up a bit after midnight (UK time). In the meantime, allow me to draw your attention to the Diplomacy page: there is a button next to each player's avatar that will let you send a text message to that player during the next round.

Squiz
26-06-2012, 04:11 PM
In the meantime, allow me to draw your attention to the Diplomacy page: there is a button next to each player's avatar that will let you send a text message to that player during the next round.That's a good point, until now I was so preoccupied with managing everything else that I haven't even started communicating with you other horny guys. As an alternative to the nice-but-slow built-in letter-shoot, there is also this other method for sending messages, powered by the steams of the Lake of Fire itself.

Hooray for diplomacy!

Edit: Turn oploaded.

Squiz
26-06-2012, 08:42 PM
New-turn! New-turn! New-turn!

Heliocentric
26-06-2012, 10:51 PM
New-turn! New-turn! New-turn!
I dont see it

Edit: ah, you are begging like a newborn for milk...

This game catches up on you

X_kot
26-06-2012, 11:41 PM
All right, you lot of putrid, conniving abominations, the new save file is up. Have at it!

Heliocentric
27-06-2012, 01:13 AM
Dear Gorgias,

Thank you for your letter, young people so rarely write letters these days so I truly appreciate that you took the time to put pen to paper. I read your list of Birthday presents you would like, I know you like surprises so I have gotten you something a little bit different. Can you guess what?
Love MortÚ

PS. I know people say that I and Melmoth look the same but they are wrong, that is a group photograph from our college days "GO SIGMA GAMMA". I'm the one balancing a sword on my head.
http://i43.tinypic.com/21o78cy.jpg
The chicks really dug that party trick, anyway I need to get back to flaying.

Skydancer
27-06-2012, 01:54 AM
*Chickenfeet brings up a bucket of popcorn and a KFC one*

X_kot
27-06-2012, 02:12 AM
To the pretender MortÚ,

My thrall brought me a letter today, which I made him sing in D-sharp as I strummed his intestines. Imagine my surprise when I hear that one of my lessers had thought to sting me with nettled prose when asked to pay simple tribute. I shall put this missive down as some charming expression of your Gallic heritage and expect to receive the requested goods promptly. Oh, and I think you will find your new friends to be more of a burden than a boon.

Please do drop me a line whenever the fancy strikes - I have much rehearsing to do before the symphony.

Gorgias

Heliocentric
27-06-2012, 02:18 AM
Dear Gorgias

Not French!
MortÚ

Squiz
27-06-2012, 06:10 AM
*Chickenfeet brings up a bucket of popcorn and a KFC one* Oh, so you're a cannibal? My compliment for such fine taste.

Sarigs
27-06-2012, 08:49 AM
Dear Gorgias
Not French!
MortÚ

Lol Love it!

Skydancer
27-06-2012, 10:43 AM
Oh, so you're a cannibal? My compliment for such fine taste.

I love chicken.

Squiz
27-06-2012, 10:44 AM
As player's borders are moving ever closer to each other (How's it going, my dear southern neighbours?), the game is beginning to get interesting. I'm starting to wonder what kind of strategy everyone has in mind, who is buying all those Praetors, and who has already scryed the colour of my underpants.

By the way, how do you guys feel about the speed the game is going at? I really try to submit my turn every day and think that right now the pace is quite ok. Hope we can keep it up.

Sarigs
27-06-2012, 10:52 AM
Yeah I'm happy with the pace, can't guarentee that I won't miss a turn on a given evening if something comes up but I'd hit it the next morning almost certainly.

I've not got as far as a thinking of a strategy which is likely a mistake, just trying something new, it's the one game where I can never seem to keep pace (in gamE) with other players and can never quite figure out what people are doing differently!

Squiz
27-06-2012, 11:00 AM
Yeah I'm happy with the pace, can't guarentee that I won't miss a turn on a given evening if something comes up but I'd hit it the next morning almost certainly.

I've not got as far as a thinking of a strategy which is likely a mistake, just trying something new, it's the one game where I can never seem to keep pace (in gamE) with other players and can never quite figure out what people are doing differently!Same with me regarding the strategy. Mostly, I am having a look at the map, then at the bazaar, then at my resources (then sigh) and then decide how I am going to spend my orders for the turn. Just trying to stay flexible, which apparently isn't always the best idea in this game.

Skydancer
27-06-2012, 02:32 PM
Need more orders!!!!!!!

Heliocentric
27-06-2012, 03:11 PM
Just read the manual.... I missed a few things

*Face palms*

Sarigs
27-06-2012, 03:17 PM
Reading Manuals is for wussys. I purely use it to look up a ability when I can't figure out what it does!

MISS ALL THE THINGS.

Squiz
27-06-2012, 03:22 PM
Just read the manual.... I missed a few things

*Face palms*Does it have something to do with unit upkeep?

Sarigs
27-06-2012, 03:28 PM
Does it have something to do with unit upkeep?

Ooooh Helio's the one who splashed out on those shiny shiny Medusas? Smash a Place of power quick and then dump them, they are going to rinse your tribute vaults!

Heliocentric
27-06-2012, 03:34 PM
Why does everyone think that? I was pinned into a corner and x_cot is trying to drink me dry. Maybe I needed the muscle?

Sarigs
27-06-2012, 03:43 PM
Whelp just trying to guess what you fundamental error was, missing that they had a upkeep when it's so early on and you may not have a stock of the right resources to pay them making the whole thing a waste was just the only thing that sprung to mind :-)

Skydancer
27-06-2012, 03:56 PM
Perhaps he is not going to set the vendetta to steal a PoP or kill a legion.

Squiz
27-06-2012, 04:30 PM
Why does everyone think that? I was pinned into a corner and x_cot is trying to drink me dry. Maybe I needed the muscle?Oh, I would have done the same thing, if I had the resources. I mean, Sons of Fatbelly and Snakeladies both available at the Bazaar? With a force like this you could smash Pandemonium (not that I suggest anybody should do that, I love our nice, good looking conclave members) and live to see the next ... hell... sunrise.

darkweeble
27-06-2012, 04:48 PM
Just wanted to let you guys know that I'm up for a game when you're done. I haven't done the expansion yet and I'm eager to give it a try. I'll sharpen my claws in the meantime.

Squiz
27-06-2012, 04:50 PM
Just wanted to let you guys know that I'm up for a game when you're done. I haven't done the expansion yet and I'm eager to give it a try. I'll sharpen my claws in the meantime.Ok! I think it's a bit early to talk about the next game, since we're currently just three turns in, but I'll keep that in mind. Maybe there are also other new games starting in the meantime.

darkweeble
27-06-2012, 04:51 PM
Yea I'm not rushing you guys. I'll be following what I can from the forums!

X_kot
28-06-2012, 01:06 AM
New save is up.

The motto for this turn: "It's good to own land."

Squiz
28-06-2012, 06:28 AM
Uploaded my turn.

Squiz
28-06-2012, 04:11 PM
Someone has uploaded his save-file instead of his turn-file, as can be seen from the file. I have no idea who is going by which name on there (well, apart from the host and Helio), so please check if it was... you. :)

Sarigs
28-06-2012, 04:24 PM
Someone has uploaded his save-file instead of his turn-file, as can be seen from the file. I have no idea who is going by which name on there (well, apart from the host and Helio), so please check if it was... you. :)

Hmm possible me as I tried to submit my turn while running behind for work and I don't see my turn file in the drop box (nicholashowie) will sort out when I get home this evening!

Squiz
28-06-2012, 04:29 PM
Hmm possible me as I tried to submit my turn while running behind for work and I don't see my turn file in the drop box (nicholashowie) will sort out when I get home this evening!I'm just glad I'm not the only person that these things happen to. :)

X_kot
28-06-2012, 04:33 PM
No worries - we're all taking turns. With my luck, when my time comes, I'll accidentally destroy all of the files.

Sarigs
28-06-2012, 08:42 PM
Correct turn in!

X_kot
29-06-2012, 12:32 AM
New save is posted, and the gauntlet has been thrown down.

Heliocentric
29-06-2012, 01:39 PM
Oh, I'm sorry... I don't believe we have met before, I'm the guy who is going to be EATING YOUR FACE AS AN APPETISER.

Sarigs
29-06-2012, 01:46 PM
Are you guys throwing down already?

Will it be war or champions at dawn I wonder? :-)

Squiz
29-06-2012, 01:57 PM
Are you guys throwing down already? Will it be war or champions at dawn I wonder? :-)Yes, this will be ... interesting... indeed. Also, Mr. Melmoth, what are you doing at my front-door? I hope you're not planning to cause any mischief?

Heliocentric
29-06-2012, 02:03 PM
Are you guys throwing down already?
I had no choice in the matter other than making myself a target for future tribute requests, but on the bright side my Gorgons will get a chance to earn their keep.

Squiz
29-06-2012, 03:52 PM
I had no choice in the matter other than making myself a target for future tribute requests, but on the bright side my Gorgons will get a chance to earn their keep.You're a bit like a rich old man/skull with lots of hired muscles/snakes. That's not an insult, rather it's a compliment.

X_kot
30-06-2012, 02:08 AM
New save is up! It's weekend-time, so there's a chance we'll get through several rounds.

Heliocentric
30-06-2012, 03:45 AM
New save is up! It's weekend-time, so there's a chance we'll get through several rounds.

Vendetta day 1: I got a letter from Gorgias inviting me to fall into a hole and die, and only when I stood in the wing of my charnel house of a lair that gets cell reception I got a text message from the conclave telling me that I have a vendetta with Gorgias. I immediately ripped the 'darkness' intravenous drip in my Gorgan leaders arm and told her that if she doesn't go and stamp on things I'm cutting her off.

Squiz
30-06-2012, 07:55 AM
New save is up! It's weekend-time, so there's a chance we'll get through several rounds.That would be great. I've uploaded my new turn. It appears Gorgias' vendetta is over? At least this is what my Diplomatics screen tells me.

Heliocentric
30-06-2012, 09:12 AM
It's scarcely started.

Squiz
30-06-2012, 10:03 AM
Oh, alright. It seemed a bit weird that the vendetta would only have lasted one turn. Then my political-news-imp must be broken.

Heliocentric
30-06-2012, 10:15 AM
Flay it and grow a replacement inside the skin of the original.

Skydancer
30-06-2012, 10:53 AM
Submitted. I don't know how much time I'll have today to send in other turns, since I'm out by 1630 and back at untold hours.

Squiz
30-06-2012, 11:00 AM
Well, we'll see. Scott should be asleep now anyways. I'm excited either way. :)

X_kot
30-06-2012, 03:45 PM
Gentledemons, the new save is up for your consumption!

Squiz
30-06-2012, 05:29 PM
Uploaded my turn. Interesting stuff going on.

Heliocentric
30-06-2012, 11:55 PM
Vendetta day 2: Yesterday the Gorgon leader (apparently she is royalty for her kind) invaded the Mines of Gehenna in my name, and from what I hear she sought out and killed one of Gorgias's troops who were called slaves today... Were they actually slaves or it that a figure of speech, they'll be back as they are soul bound to Gorgias and cannot truly die unless Gorgias does. For what its worth all my followers keep their own freedom and I offer a comprehensive dental care package.

Last night I stuck the Rod of the Regent back into the return postage Fed Ex box it arrived in, I know they are delivering it at Gorgias next so I filled up the box with rattle snakes to stop the Rod rattling about in the box, my little joke with him.

Heliocentric
01-07-2012, 09:05 AM
5/5 of the turns are ready for processing x_cot

Squiz
01-07-2012, 09:36 AM
5/5 of the turns are ready for processing x_cotSince he's in GMT-8, I assume he has gone to bed already.

Skydancer
01-07-2012, 11:06 AM
We should set up a couple hours where we can fast forward some 5 or 6 turns and get the ball really rolling. (okay, except for a couple of us which are already down with it)

Squiz
01-07-2012, 11:59 AM
We should set up a couple hours where we can fast forward some 5 or 6 turns and get the ball really rolling. (okay, except for a couple of us which are already down with it)Good idea. It mostly will depend on Scott though, as he is the one that needs to process our turns. I can do turns every morning (well, at least a quick one) and of course after work (it depends on the workload, usually around 6-7pm GMT+1) until late evening (~11pm GMT+1).

Skydancer
01-07-2012, 12:10 PM
Like, today? Is everybody around?

Heliocentric
01-07-2012, 12:14 PM
we should set up a couple hours where we can fast forward some 5 or 6 turns and get the ball really rolling. (okay, except for a couple of us which are already down with it)
War is ON (If you want it)

Squiz
01-07-2012, 12:18 PM
I am around, yeah.

Edit: Sarigs is offline on Steam, but Agent Orange is there, just "Busy".

Editedit: Right now, I am busy with house work, but I'll check every other moment or so how things are. I am also in the RPS Solium Infernum Group (http://steamcommunity.com/groups/RPSatan) chat. Maybe we can gather there tonight and have a little chat about organizing times, etc. .

X_kot
01-07-2012, 06:13 PM
Hullo, all, the next turn is up. If everyone is around to get through a few turns in the next several hours, I'm game. :D

Squiz
01-07-2012, 06:37 PM
As I said, everybody hop into the chat and we can get things done.

Skydancer
01-07-2012, 06:37 PM
Pity there's the Euro finals tonight, doubt I'll be back before 23+ :p

X_kot
01-07-2012, 07:45 PM
Ah, right, that foot-to-ball event. I just realized that the Olympics will cause similar delays. :(

X_kot
02-07-2012, 12:14 AM
New save is up!

Heliocentric
02-07-2012, 12:41 AM
Which of you phlem drinkers played the tax event? I kill you, I just got "The Temple of Lust" and its pointless!

Squiz
02-07-2012, 07:30 AM
...I just got "The Temple of Lust" and its pointless!Do you really expect us to believe that? MUHAHAHAHAHAAH! Nice try. By the way, I didn't play that event.

%%%

To: Mr. Melmoth

Concerning: Indecent behaviour in public

Mr. Melmoth,

as legal representative of Mr. Pamphleticon I must inform you that a group of your minions has been found loitering in front of one of my client's establishments (i.e. the "Abbadon's Mouth" restaurant (Canton 6, Crux 12, Highway to Hell)). When addressed and asked to leave, the mentioned individuals refused to do so and claimed to be "The Chosen", to have been sent to spread the word of their "Master Melmoth".

I hereby file an official complaint against you as the responsible demon of the mentioned imps. My client expects you to reimburse him for the business lost due to your minions' inappropriate behaviour.

Signed
Gregory S. Hoodwink, attorney at law

%%%

X_kot
03-07-2012, 01:07 AM
The intrigues continue - new save is posted.

Skydancer
03-07-2012, 01:24 AM
Upped. 10 characters limit: bite me.

Sarigs
03-07-2012, 09:01 AM
Bad news everybody! A meddling priest has exorcised my lair and it will take my loyal minions 24 earth hours to desecrate the place fit for my presence once more.

So yeah I'm away tonight so I can't do my turn till tomorrow evening sorry for the delay lads!

Squiz
03-07-2012, 09:30 AM
Bad news everybody! A meddling priest has exorcised my lair and it will take my loyal minions 24 earth hours to desecrate the place fit for my presence once more. So yeah I'm away tonight so I can't do my turn till tomorrow evening sorry for the delay lads!No worries, that gives me more time to ponder about my next steps. It's nerve-wracking though. :)

Heliocentric
03-07-2012, 09:50 AM
The intrigues continue - new save is posted.
Crap events are crap. Still... Now I get to focus on Gorgias... Hi

Squiz
03-07-2012, 10:12 AM
Crap events are crap.Which event exactly? :)

Sarigs
03-07-2012, 12:58 PM
Which event exactly? :)

Aye I've not been able to log on yet, what's haaappened?!

Squiz
03-07-2012, 01:22 PM
Aye I've not been able to log on yet, what's haaappened?!Right now we've got two events going on: Infernal Tax (which you'll have seen, really annoying) and Favorite of the Conclave (played last turn, no demands and/or insults may be hurled at me for six turns, really nice). Also, Heliocentric's Gorgons are still on the loose. Better watch out.

Edit: Oh, and Melmoth has decided not to pay the tribute I demanded.

Squiz
03-07-2012, 07:25 PM
Turn uploaded. Oh boy, oh boy!

Sarigs
05-07-2012, 08:45 AM
Sorry for the delays there lads, my turn is in once more + the next one from this morning. Point of fact I'm going to Rezzed tomorrow and I'm not sure when I'm back so far by submitted early Saturday rather then friday I'm afraid!

agentorange
05-07-2012, 08:50 AM
To: Mr. Pamphaleciaisomething

Concerning: Recently Proposed Vendetta

:(

Sincerely yours,
Melmoth The Wander

Squiz
05-07-2012, 09:24 AM
@Sarigs: Not a problem, I hope I didn't come across as impatient or irritated in my Steam message.

%%%

To: Mr. Melmoth

Concerning: Unpaid loitering ticket

Dear Mr. Melmoth,

please don't cry, I hate to see tears (other than children's, those are delicious!!).

Cheers
Pamphleticon

%%%

Sarigs
05-07-2012, 09:26 AM
@Sarigs: Not a problem, I hope I didn't come across as impatient or irritated in my Steam message.

Nah not at all, I've got a bad habit of leaving myself logged into steam when I'm at work so I'm often not there when it says I am is all :-)

Squiz
05-07-2012, 10:47 AM
Good to hear/read it. :) Alright, uploaded my next turn.

Heliocentric
05-07-2012, 11:23 AM
I have kinda lost my thread of reasoning at the moment. Gorgias isn't worth vendettaing as he has nothing valuable, my only other neighbour has a 4 days ban on aggression and yes, I get funky tribute with my temple of lust but then it needs guarding... Ugh.

Skydancer
05-07-2012, 12:12 PM
Upped my turn.

Squiz
05-07-2012, 01:15 PM
I have kinda lost my thread of reasoning at the moment. Gorgias isn't worth vendettaing as he has nothing valuable, my only other neighbour has a 4 days ban on aggression and yes, I get funky tribute with my temple of lust but then it needs guarding... Ugh.Well, there is one other guy with neighbouring cantons as of late...

Sarigs
05-07-2012, 01:20 PM
Well, there is one other guy with neighbouring cantons as of late...

Damnit I'm no where near a map atm....that wouldn't be me would it?

Squiz
05-07-2012, 01:47 PM
Damnit I'm no where near a map atm....that wouldn't be me would it?No, it's not you. :)

Seriously though, I think Helio can pay the upkeep costs for those Gorgons as long as he well damn pleases.

Heliocentric
05-07-2012, 01:47 PM
Well, there is one other guy with neighbouring cantons as of late...

Fair point... The Gorgons hunger for battle!

Sarigs
05-07-2012, 02:24 PM
No, it's not you. :)

Awesome, everyone carry on, no one mind me :-)

Squiz
05-07-2012, 02:51 PM
Awesome, everyone carry on, no one mind me :-)Aha, why so reserved all of a sudden, hmm? You are plotting something, right? RIGHT? Ohhhh... wait. No, you want us to believe that you are plotting something.

Haha, but your brilliant opponents can't be fooled that easily. Everyone, leave Sarigs alone!

Hah, didn't see that coming, eh?

Squiz
05-07-2012, 04:11 PM
Looks like all turn files are in, once again.

Skydancer
05-07-2012, 05:22 PM
I'm just having a stroll. If I wanted that temple of lust, I'd have taken it sooner.

Squiz
05-07-2012, 06:18 PM
I'm just having a stroll. If I wanted that temple of lust, I'd have taken it sooner.Suuuure. Just enjoying the nice view on the Lake of Fire, right?

Skydancer
05-07-2012, 09:47 PM
Yeah, my followers are contemplating suicide there.

Squiz
05-07-2012, 10:06 PM
Yeah, my followers are contemplating suicide there.TouchÚ. 10chars

Heliocentric
05-07-2012, 10:23 PM
Yeah, my followers are contemplating suicide there.

Can be arranged.

Skydancer
06-07-2012, 01:27 AM
I have no reason for warfare. I am already retiring my legion from there as you will see.

X_kot
06-07-2012, 04:28 AM
Sorry for any delays lately - been on holiday the past few days. I've tried to keep processing turns regularly. Keep up the plotting, everyone!

Squiz
06-07-2012, 06:53 AM
Sorry for any delays lately - been on holiday the past few days. I've tried to keep processing turns regularly. Keep up the plotting, everyone!This is a good opportunity for me to mention that I am very glad about how smooth the game is going so far. We had very few delays (and only small ones) and there is a lot of action going on. Let's hope that we can keep this up, I am greatly enjoying the excitement, every new turn is something I look forward to.

Oh, and new turn uploaded.

Heliocentric
06-07-2012, 11:15 AM
I have no reason for warfare. I am already retiring my legion from there as you will see.

Who paid you to cockblock me reaching the temple then? EVENT INCOMING I GUESS

Skydancer
06-07-2012, 11:16 AM
The temple?

Squiz
06-07-2012, 01:06 PM
Who paid you to cockblock me reaching the temple then? EVENT INCOMING I GUESSEh, actually you couldn't get to the Palace anyways, vendetta required, etc..

Heliocentric
06-07-2012, 02:52 PM
Eh, actually you couldn't get to the Palace anyways, vendetta required, etc..

Yeah, but now even when the event ends if I wanted to attack the palace I'd need to walk aaaarrroouunnnd you.... Okay.. its not such a big deal. But, you get my meaning.

I'm going to test one of the games mechanics in the following turn, if it pays off I think it may well become the "thing to do".

Squiz
06-07-2012, 03:30 PM
I'm going to test one of the games mechanics in the following turn, if it pays off I think it may well become the "thing to do".Oh, you keep teasing us, you little rascal.

Heliocentric
06-07-2012, 10:15 PM
I Regret to inform the my fellow members of the conclave that as a byproduct of being legally and spiritually bound to another being tomorrow I will not be able to attend my duties.

X_kot
07-07-2012, 12:25 AM
Uh huh, sure, that's what Lucifer said...

Not a problem, Helio. New turn up!

Heliocentric
07-07-2012, 12:27 AM
you didnt add the new file
edit: btw, the above refers to me getting married.

X_kot
07-07-2012, 01:56 AM
In that case, congratulations! May your nuptials be hellfire-free.

Also, the new save looks like it is indeed in the folder, not sure what you mean. Can someone else confirm which of us should be pilloried?

Skydancer
07-07-2012, 02:14 AM
Congratulations mate! I wish you a merry ceremony and a merrier life. Until you come back to hell, that is.

Squiz
07-07-2012, 07:04 AM
Congratulations, Helio, and all the best wishes! I hope that you'll have a wonderful day.

Heliocentric
07-07-2012, 09:38 AM
Gorgias should be reagent this turn. I couldn't see it earlier... Might just be my drop box acting up.

Sarigs
07-07-2012, 12:40 PM
Ha resubmitted my turn, thought I did it last night but was half cut and submitted the save file instead! All good to go now though

Squiz
07-07-2012, 02:39 PM
Sweet. :) Have a good day at Rezzed.

X_kot
07-07-2012, 06:09 PM
New file is up!

Squiz
08-07-2012, 10:38 AM
New file is up!Alright, who bought that +1 order slot relic?? Also, what is it with all the Praetors?

Heliocentric
08-07-2012, 01:24 PM
Alright, who bought that +1 order slot relic?? Also, what is it with all the Praetors?

I'm sorry, I have been smoking Praetors for a while now but its one of those things that's hard to quit. I didn't receive wedding tribute from any of you, I am deeply troubled by this news.

On more relevant news I have submitted my first marital post and x_cot can begin processing.

X_kot
08-07-2012, 11:34 PM
New save is up!

Squiz
09-07-2012, 08:29 AM
A prestigious promotion, a diabolical tome, the auctioning of secret rites promising longlevity. What do we make of this?

Heliocentric
09-07-2012, 08:52 AM
A prestigious promotion, a diabolical tome, the auctioning of secret rites promising longlevity. What do we make of this?

I make that we are getting fat and lazy. 2 own no prestige-pumps, and unclaimed pop's sit on the map. There are no demands or vendetta. DO YOU PEOPLE CALL YOURSELF DEVILS? It's embarrassing.

Sarigs
09-07-2012, 09:04 AM
A prestigious promotion, a diabolical tome, the auctioning of secret rites promising longlevity. What do we make of this?I know who took the order slot and tome because the buggers outbidded me both times. You are both going on my list.

Heliocentric
09-07-2012, 09:32 AM
I know who took the order slot and tome because the buggers outbidded me both times. You are both going on my list.

It tells you? Ooh! On the bright side they will be nearly broke, strike while the flesh is ripe.

Squiz
09-07-2012, 09:42 AM
I make that we are getting fat and lazy. 2 own no prestige-pumps, and unclaimed pop's sit on the map. There are no demands or vendetta. DO YOU PEOPLE CALL YOURSELF DEVILS? It's embarrassing.Certainly I am in no position to call (true) names here, as I am still enjoying my anti-social-threat-shield like the coward that I am, but I agree. We are supposed to be at each other's throats here!

@Sarigs: Well, pretty much everyone is on my list. The question is in which order. :)

Sarigs
09-07-2012, 09:57 AM
@Sarigs: Well, pretty much everyone is on my list. The question is in which order. :)

True...I'm started with guy who stole my free order slot and following it up the one who pinched my tome of diabolism. Or the otherway round.

You two know who you are....and so do I.

Skydancer
09-07-2012, 11:54 AM
I see somebody getting cocky after some legion got promoted... eh?

Squiz
09-07-2012, 01:10 PM
Time to sharpen the daggers/talons/fangs/lawsuits then.

Squiz
10-07-2012, 07:01 AM
No new savefile in the morning makes me a sad Archfiend. :(

Sarigs
10-07-2012, 08:40 AM
No new savefile in the morning makes me a sad Archfiend. :(

May have been my bad, I was sure I uploaded my turn yesterday but when I logged in this morning to check I couldn't see my turn file and so resubmitted :-(

And just because your misery helps me get through the Aeons I'm staying away from my lair tonight and will not return uptill tomorrow evening :-/

Squiz
10-07-2012, 08:44 AM
May have been my bad, I was sure I uploaded my turn yesterday but when I logged in this morning to check I couldn't see my turn file and so resubmitted :-(

And just because your misery helps me get through the Aeons I'm staying away from my lair tonight and will not return uptill tomorrow evening :-/Alright, I didn't check whose turnfile was missing, I just saw that the turn had not been processed. Anyways, thanks for re-submitting.

Heliocentric
10-07-2012, 10:31 PM
New Turn FYI

Dear Gorgias,

as you know the Gorgon Gentrification Construction Company(GGCC hereafter) have been monitoring the north western approach to your Stronghold, I don't want you to be alarmed as their interest in that area is purely in the fashion of maintainance. The roads and paving have been riddled with pot holes which smaller fiends can actually get out of and larger fiends get their feet/hooves/flagellum/claws stuck in the holes.
Obviously this is wrong and the GGCC set about to either level up or dig out and lay spikes in the pits and chasms, obsidian spikes was used where available locally and parasitic Coral spikes were drawn into existence where obsidian could not be locally be sourced as mandated by our sustainability policy.

This was obviously not without significant cost and this message holds as a writ of the works enacted and the cost associated.

Timely payment is requested to avoid the delay of further works in your area.

Yours unceasingly MortÚ

X_kot
11-07-2012, 12:45 AM
Yes, new turn is up!

To the pretender MortÚ,

Based on the blood-scrawled cost estimate your minions have delivered, I must question the quality of work and materials your contractors have put forth. I will have my accountants determine whether such shoddy construction should be reimbursed; you shall know my decision forthwith.

Duke Gorgias of the Seventh Circle

Heliocentric
11-07-2012, 06:53 PM
Tenant Gorgias
I share your concerns about the blood used for the writing, but since the Catholic Church allowed un-christened babies out of purgatory gathering the blood of dammed infants (the finest of infernal inks) has been a difficult and we have moved over to the blood of traitors until a suitable replacement can be found.
My bastardry apologies (not french)

Squiz
11-07-2012, 10:48 PM
Uploaded my turn, sorry for being a bit late.

Squiz
12-07-2012, 06:59 AM
Sorry everyone, apparently my turn-file was somehow incomplete and kept the new turn from processing. I've uploaded a new file and hopefully everything works now. Awkward situation, it won't happen again!

Sarigs
12-07-2012, 07:32 PM
No worries was wondering why the .turn file wasn't there thought someone had deleted it :-)

X_kot
13-07-2012, 12:23 AM
All has been resolved, and the turn has been processed. Enjoy!

Squiz
13-07-2012, 07:28 AM
All has been resolved, and the turn has been processed. Enjoy!Thanks! Uploaded my turn.

Heliocentric
13-07-2012, 10:36 AM
Re: Payment

to: Duke Gorgias of the Seventh Circle,
subject: Roadworks - Payment

Thank you for your prompt payment, your receipt number is: M1TCIV 553735U
Please keep this number for your records, write it down in a safe place and read it 100 times backwards every night as you go to bed.

OOC: what did you actually send? Its hard to tell without me loading up a previous turn to check.
Also OOC: I just received the most epic card I have ever seen from tribute rolls, its insane.

Squiz
13-07-2012, 11:12 AM
Thank you for your prompt payment, your receipt number is: M1TCIV 553735UNice one.

OOC: what did you actually send? Its hard to tell without me loading up a previous turn to check. Also OOC: I just received the most epic card I have ever seen from tribute rolls, its insane.You know, you should be a bit careful with announcements like this when the new turn hasn't been yet processed...

Heliocentric
13-07-2012, 12:57 PM
Nice one.

You know, you should be a bit careful with announcements like this when the new turn hasn't been yet processed...

What? With these cowards?

Heliocentric
14-07-2012, 10:28 PM
CHICKENFEET! I TIRE OF YOUR MEANDERING. You *will* be the first against the wall.

X_kot
15-07-2012, 02:22 AM
New turn is posted!

Squiz
15-07-2012, 06:58 AM
New turn is posted!It seems as if AgentOrange has uploaded his savefile and replaced yours, X_kot. I guess it would be a good idea to upload your file again.

Edit: OH WHAT! The banner is gone and I had totally planned to buy it this turn. MORT╔╔╔╔╔!!

X_kot
15-07-2012, 11:40 PM
Next turn is up!

Squiz
16-07-2012, 08:15 AM
Looks like Helio has found himself a playmate. Is it a two-person game or may we others join in?

Skydancer
16-07-2012, 11:16 AM
Helio is currently trying to heave his personal weight over my reign. I don't really know what he intends to do, but we will find out soon enough.

Heliocentric
16-07-2012, 12:02 PM
Looks like Helio has found himself a playmate. Is it a two-person game or may we others join in?

You are very welcome to join in just deliver an insult to ensure swift delivery.

X_kot
17-07-2012, 05:45 AM
Sorry for the delay - new turn is up!

Skydancer
18-07-2012, 10:37 AM
Okay, to whoever used to hold the worsen tribute event, I TOLD you to not use it. Now everybody's got a problem.

Squiz
18-07-2012, 10:44 AM
Okay, to whoever used to hold the worsen tribute event, I TOLD you to not use it. Now everybody's got a problem.You mean, everyone except a certain snake charmer? Although it's funny that the decreased Bazaar costs event coincided with the loss in tribute event.

Heliocentric
18-07-2012, 11:35 AM
You mean, everyone except a certain snake charmer? Although it's funny that the decreased Bazaar costs event coincided with the loss in tribute event.

Dear Pamphlet person, I haven't got time to listen to about the charitable organisation you are part of but I am in a hurry as I am stamping on a chicken-thing. I assume that your credentials are legitimate and offer you this donation. If I discover that the "Support the sons of typhon" is some kind of scam I will be coming back for my money.

P.S. My gentlemen's conflict with Chicken has taken a turn for the ugly.

Squiz
18-07-2012, 12:51 PM
Dear Pamphlet person, I haven't got time to listen to about the charitable organisation you are part of but I am in a hurry as I am stamping on a chicken-thing. I assume that your credentials are legitimate and offer you this donation. If I discover that the "Support the sons of typhon" is some kind of scam I will be coming back for my money.

P.S. My gentlemen's conflict with Chicken has taken a turn for the ugly.Aha, so you've taken the snake's way out! Interesting. I can't see how things have turned out lately right now, but I'll see to that as soon as I get home.

By the way, the organisation I am part of is dedicated to supporting cases of overweight bi-headed hellspawns with a violent family background. We are working with a very modern concept here that is based on daily workouts and physical exercises, along with courses on anger management. Your donation is appreciated and we'll make sure that the little ones themselves will come by and thank you for your kindness in person(s).

P.S.: Did you know that you can set this donation off against tax liability?

Heliocentric
18-07-2012, 04:53 PM
That's better, Yunno really all demands should be in writing. Flavour text is like 20% of why SolInf is so fun.

Squiz
18-07-2012, 05:37 PM
Ok, just had a look at the current political situation (i.e. the map) and - unhoy un...moly! - Hell is in trouble once more! Nasty Gorgons are threatening to take over our beloved Infernal Council. Rumor has it that they serve a spiteful Frenchman who could not cope with the loss of the French colonies in Africa. And now he is set to colonlise Hell!

Keep your fire and brimstone at hand, fellow Archfiends, this will get hairy (hehe... Gorgons, hairy... hehe...ehhh)!

X_kot
19-07-2012, 12:30 AM
As you might be able to tell from the pleasant exchanges, the new turn is up!

Heliocentric
19-07-2012, 08:03 AM
Nasty Gorgons are threatening to take over our beloved Infernal Council.

^_^ Hows that prestige lead looking right now Squirrel?

Squiz
19-07-2012, 08:13 AM
^_^ Hows that prestige lead looking right now Squirrel?Good, although I believe I've got close pursuer. The difference between a prestige lead at 3/20 tokens and a 12/0/10 legion with 3 (4?) open attachement slots next to Pandemonium is that the latter can end the game near instantly. :P

Heliocentric
19-07-2012, 09:09 AM
Yes, that was sort of my point.

People had better try and lure me into conflicts (not the same thing as buying a high upkeep unit and demanding tribute) or who knows what I might do.

Squiz
19-07-2012, 09:26 AM
Yes, that was sort of my point. People had better try and lure me into conflicts (not the same thing as buying a high upkeep unit and demanding tribute) or who knows what I might do.Not sure if serious. Anyways, more demands incoming!

Sarigs
19-07-2012, 11:24 AM
Not sure if serious. Anyways, more demands incoming!

Will sort my turn as soon as I'm home tonight, was away again yesterday sorry all!

Heliocentric
20-07-2012, 01:59 AM
The Gorgons "Monstertruck World Tour" has entered day 20 as they visited the Tower of Skulls
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/3/35126/1835509-img_1204_super.png
Shot from flying news beast cameras.
They were greeted by baying crowds and proceeded to "pop mad wheelies" and "rock out", onlookers are said to have sworn that the tower changed hands without any conflict with one monstertruck fan stating "[The Gorgons] jumped the truck over the tower and instantly the tower guards flipped over the flags to reveal MortÚ's colours[...]blue white and red, it was radicaliciousness[sic]" Further dates of the "Monstertruck World Tour" have yet to be announced but rumours have been spread that the proposed "Rockin-Jump over Pandemonium" has been postponed indefinitely after fears that it would offend religious groups were raised.

Squiz
20-07-2012, 06:37 AM
Well done.

Edit: Btw - MortÚ, yo mama is so fat, they had to create a tenth and eleventh circle of Hell, one for each of her ass cheeks!

Heliocentric
20-07-2012, 10:19 AM
Yes, was that a question? Gluttony demons is serious business.

Skydancer
20-07-2012, 12:07 PM
Larkett, your mama is an angel.

Sarigs
20-07-2012, 12:22 PM
Larkett, your mama is an angel.

...Oh no you didn't...just you wait there while I track down a glove to slap you with....

Squiz
20-07-2012, 12:51 PM
...Oh no you didn't...just you wait there while I track down a glove to slap you with....Eh Chicken, did you check the new interior decoration of Larkett's PoP? If that guy ever gets a car, the license plate will read "luv2nuk3".

Heliocentric
20-07-2012, 01:05 PM
Eh Chicken, did you check the new interior decoration of Larkett's PoP? If that guy ever gets a car, the license plate will read "luv2nuk3".

Larkett has 2 PoPs. Just sayin.

Squiz
20-07-2012, 01:21 PM
Larkett has 2 PoPs. Just sayin.I'm sure you'll be able to figure out which one I am talking about. Hell, one would be enough!

X_kot
21-07-2012, 06:57 AM
New turn is up, lots of action in the council chambers.

Heliocentric
21-07-2012, 08:10 AM
I'm glad these sleepy fiends are finally waking up.

edit: I think we should all congratulate Gorgias on his newly acquired prestige, I am sure this will be the start of an illustrious campaign.

Squiz
22-07-2012, 09:00 AM
Looks like we're about to see our first Praetor battle in this game. Excitement. Place your bets and take your seats, ladies and gentlemen.

Sarigs
22-07-2012, 12:23 PM
Indeed,

Chickenfeet your compliments against my mother can not go unpunished! Dare you face Thammuz the Dread Crimson Skull in single combat?

My mother's vileness will not go undefended!

--Larkett

OOC: I've very little clue how single combat works so I'm just gonna hope for the best here ;-)

Skydancer
22-07-2012, 05:12 PM
My Haagenti dude is quite the beast (literally) about single combat; I hope you are prepared for the worst. Mwahahhaha.

-- Chickenfuckingfeet

Heliocentric
22-07-2012, 05:13 PM
I knew you had a middle name.

X_kot
22-07-2012, 06:05 PM
New turn is up, everyone!

Squiz
22-07-2012, 07:07 PM
Oh so soon! Awesome, thanks!

Sarigs
23-07-2012, 01:43 AM
MWAHAHAHA All Phear Thammuz champion of the pit!

My turns in btw

Heliocentric
23-07-2012, 11:10 PM
Dear Chicken and Phamplet
http://balder.org/judea/billeder-judea/Winston-Churchill-V-Sign.jpg
Thank you for your time.
MortÚ

Squiz
24-07-2012, 08:59 AM
Dear MortÚ

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn37/Squirrelfanatic/images.jpg

Take it easy chap.

Sarigs
24-07-2012, 09:44 AM
Chickenfeet,

Your initial attempts to ridicule me failed miserably and your pathetic plan to extort what is rightfully mine will fail just as pitifully.

(Hopefully anyway I has a plan but it will require pin point timing which luckily will me in my favour for the next few turns as I'll have priority!)

Heliocentric
24-07-2012, 10:13 AM
(Hopefully anyway I has a plan but it will require pin point timing which luckily will me in my favour for the next few turns as I'll have priority!)

It's probably better to keep that close to your chest?

Sarigs
24-07-2012, 10:52 AM
It's probably better to keep that close to your chest?

Nah there's no way he can take priority from me without his window for pressing his claim expiring (He's got a full 4/5 round till he gets the sceptre which is the only turn he acts before me [Just bad luck on position])

If he doesn't press it then no harm no foul and if he does I get to play a risky gambit which will be gloriously painful for him if it works (And if it doesn't I'm in the same position anyhow) It's win/win baby!

Plus...you know I've not given any inkling as to what it may be so it's not like he can prep for it without guessing ;-)

Heliocentric
24-07-2012, 11:20 AM
Do not underestimate the power of paranoia.

But yeah, a little boasting of "safe" things is probably good for your sanity. Good luck... I guess?

X_kot
25-07-2012, 12:43 AM
New turn is up...someone pulled the fire alarm!

Heliocentric
25-07-2012, 01:04 AM
Monster Trucks.

Squiz
25-07-2012, 07:00 AM
Well, damn you MortÚ. You said that the show had been called off!

Sarigs
25-07-2012, 08:41 AM
Er did your monster truck crash and burn? Pandemon appears to still be in one piece?

Skydancer
25-07-2012, 08:44 AM
Looks like. Ooops?

Squiz
25-07-2012, 08:57 AM
Ooops indeed. Maybe someone cut the brake pipe? Sugar in the tank?

Sarigs
25-07-2012, 09:37 AM
Ooops indeed. Maybe someone cut the brake pipe? Sugar in the tank?

The souls of 5 unborn children on the Gorgans forgetting themselves and checking the rear view mirror

Squiz
25-07-2012, 09:44 AM
The souls of 5 unborn children on the Gorgans forgetting themselves and checking the rear view mirrorThat made me chuckle. Nice one.

Heliocentric
25-07-2012, 09:47 AM
Well, damn you MortÚ. You said that the show had been called off!
http://mw2.google.com/mw-panoramio/photos/medium/2625751.jpg
They did say "It couldn't be done"

Curse of wrath, checked the wiki, checked the manual. I can only find items that give you a chance of earning it, cant identify what it actually is? Anyone care to divulge now that I'm out of the game?

Btw, can my turns be automated at this point? Or can someone scurry to finish me off?X_cot can you AI me? Not bitter about what happened btw, but this was a dying gambit, my Avatar was dreadful, and not just in a evil way.

I'm just going to post my starting build here, think people might find it surprising.

Martial Prowess: 0
Cunning: 0
Intellect: 0
Wickedness: 0
Charisma 2 (6 points) Not 4 as i was accused of having
Lord of hell (0 points) Worst thing in the whole build
Greed (0 points) a waste of 3 free points
Infernal Cardinal(8 points) This was actually useful
Devoted Minions (8 points) On the fence with this, but it wasnt worth the price
Inspirational leader (7)Completely poinbtless in every way
(1 spare point)
Yes, I wasted 23 points on perks, but I had never played the game before, so... eh?
I'll be honest my success as far as it went shocked me when I realised Avatars failings.

A few things I'll take away from this, I will never play as lord again, EVER! No point taking anything but greed or lust, no point thinking about the end of the game when it might not even get to that. Perks are mostly flavour and often outright poisonous. The lack of strategic choices with rituals encouraged me to take gorgons but honestly that much upkeep needs to be taken on responsibly.

I will enjoy writing up my progress thus far.

But I ask this, rather than me completely stepping aside is there any chance people could confide in me there reasonings (or at least make notes) when I write up?

Squiz
25-07-2012, 10:18 AM
I'll try to reconstruct the reasoning behind my choices during the game and let you know about that. Surprising setup indeed. I suspected (and told you at some point) that you had gone with 4 points in Charisma. Seems I was partially right. Pure charisma builds can easily be identified by checking the sum of attribute points of your bodyguard.

Concerning the Curse of Wrath: You might have figured out that it was me who played that (as I am the only one who has the means to receive the manuscript for that). What it does is halve the attributes of a legion and block any special abilities, both those that the legion possesses itself, as well as those granted by combat cards and preators. The owner of the cursed legion also loses an amount of prestige equal to the legion's loyality (I think) each turn. Duration is equal to the cursing player's Wrath attribute, minimum is 3 turns though. The target legion is chosen randomly, but it never can be a bodyguard. So I was a bit worried when I saw that you bought that extra legion the turn before I wanted to curse you.

Edit: This wiki page (http://si.battlespot.com/wiki/Curses) has a bit of information about the different curses.

Editedit: I agree with you on the danger perks pose to your play. However, some of the perks are really potent and almost necessary to get a certain build going. A good example for that would be the Prince of Lies perk. Without that, as a Deceit-oriented Fiend, you run a pretty high risk of your rituals failing, which you cannot afford to let happen.

Heliocentric
25-07-2012, 10:29 AM
Yeah, the maw was there to lessen the risk of random unit attacks, shame it hit the gorons then.
I'd rather burn up in a blaze of failure then fade away with a dreadful build, much less fun.

Squiz
25-07-2012, 10:36 AM
I'd say you did a good job keeping people on their toes. In the end, you pissed off one or two guys too many though.

Heliocentric
25-07-2012, 11:16 AM
Oh, for sure, but I had to get to pandemonium.

Heliocentric
26-07-2012, 01:03 AM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1229/902639350_a20604fba0.jpg
Due to technically turning on the devil and dying I am in heaven now... Long story, feel unwelcome, hilarious consequences, being written up into sitcom.

X_kot
26-07-2012, 03:40 AM
As hinted at by Helio, the new turn finds our beloved Gorgonite shuffling off the demonic coil. How will the grief-stricken denizens of Hell respond to this development?

Re: the game's events up until now, my initial plan was to put some heat on my nearest neighbor and solidify my flank. This idea evaporated instantly when the Gorgons appeared. I hoped that the upkeep might be too much, but that was not the case. I then recoiled and watched as the Gorgons overextended their territorial grasp. Obv, with no prestige, I couldn't do much to effect any changes. So I waited for my chance.

Skydancer
26-07-2012, 11:16 AM
Oh well, pity. Hit me up if you want my point of view on the game

X_kot
27-07-2012, 01:08 AM
New turn is up, and someone has thinned the ranks...

Squiz
27-07-2012, 07:05 AM
Ok, I am officially confused now. I see that some event (?) has cost me a legion. However I don't see two of Melmoth's guys. Therefore I suspect that either a) the same event has taken 2 legions from him or b) the legions have been hidden somehow. The only possible way of hiding a legion seems to be the lvl5 Deceit ritual, but that would hide all of his legions.

Can someone provide insight here? What did I miss?

Sarigs
27-07-2012, 08:43 AM
Ok, I am officially confused now. I see that some event (?) has cost me a legion. However I don't see two of Melmoth's guys. Therefore I suspect that either a) the same event has taken 2 legions from him or b) the legions have been hidden somehow. The only possible way of hiding a legion seems to be the lvl5 Deceit ritual, but that would hide all of his legions.

Can someone provide insight here? What did I miss?

They could have been killed by a unrelated event? I lost two unfortunately, one to Chickenfeet and the other to the event. Fortunately I think it Chickenfeet lost the legion that had just won the battle losing the artifact and Practorial attached (I think) which means my last PoP is safe for another turn!

Squiz
27-07-2012, 09:40 AM
Ah, that makes sense I guess. I was a bit suspicious about the disappearance of two legions at the same time. Looks like everyone except Gorgias has lost troops. My poor crawlers.

D;< *tears of rage*

Skydancer
27-07-2012, 10:00 AM
GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!! Well, better that legion than the guard.

Sarigs
27-07-2012, 10:09 AM
GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!! Well, better that legion than the guard.

No offense but I'm really hoping that buggers up the conditions of your vandetta and hopefully your guard can't get to my PoP in time ;-)

Also all my rituals fail. All the time. Makes me a sad archfiend.

Skydancer
27-07-2012, 11:58 AM
So are you the one trying to pilfer and loot me?

Sarigs
27-07-2012, 01:13 PM
So are you the one trying to pilfer and loot me?

No I was the one trying to...."disarm" your legion as grabbing either the Prectoriate or Artifact should have left me surviving the infernal stage and destroying you in the ranged/melee action.

Skydancer
27-07-2012, 02:31 PM
Yes, the name of that ritual is 'Pilfer and loot'.

Sarigs
27-07-2012, 03:01 PM
Yes, the name of that ritual is 'Pilfer and loot'.

Oh yeah that was me then :-P Failed though, stupid rituals

X_kot
27-07-2012, 03:55 PM
Since we all got hit, I think the event was the "Infernal Perfidy" one, which causes all purchased legions to undergo a loyalty test > 7. Higher-leveled minions thus had a better chance of surviving. Glad my ladies didn't fall victim.

Skydancer
27-07-2012, 04:59 PM
Move on with that turn, you!