PDA

View Full Version : Why didn't you come to Americas' Night?

Wengart
15-06-2012, 05:41 AM
I would like to know why you didn't come to Americas' Night? I would very much like for this to be a success so I would appreciate your votes and and elaborations, explanations, or suggestions!

Nim.Was.Taken
15-06-2012, 06:20 AM
I didn't come because I thought only Americans were allowed to come.

The Doge
15-06-2012, 07:00 AM
I didn't make it because I haven't been on the arma forum since yesterday for tact tue after action reports. I recommend that you should have posted the start post today but dated the first session for next week that way it can get around to people that this is actually happening since a lot of gatherings on RPS have a bad habit of not making it past planning stages.

Borklund
15-06-2012, 10:00 AM
I woke up 7.45am EST, but I fell asleep again. I'm not as much of an EU night owl as I thought.

Grizzly
15-06-2012, 11:44 AM
The surest, quickest way to attract new members is to notify the hivemind and tell them that you are having an America-friendly night. Perhaps they can put it up on the frontpage (they ocasionally do this with our sessions as well) - expect your numbers to go trough the roof.

Davkaus
15-06-2012, 12:04 PM
I plan on coming to future ones after a couple of weeks or so, but thought I should probably try to learn the game solo before I group up with people and clumsily kill us all.

Wengart
15-06-2012, 03:25 PM
I plan on coming to future ones after a couple of weeks or so, but thought I should probably try to learn the game solo before I group up with people and clumsily kill us all.

Clumsily killing your teammates is what its all about though!

More seriously if you've ever played a shooter ever you'll do fine and we don't mind if your inexperienced. You'll also probably have more fun than if you were playing with the AI and pick up tips from the veteran players. For instance, did you know that pressing 0 on the numpad brings up the sights for vehicle mounted weapons? I didn't know that until I started playing with ARPS and I've owned Opflash, Arma, and Arma 2.

Also, to be clear, anyone is allowed to come.

Slerbal
17-06-2012, 08:31 PM
I would like to know why you didn't come to Americas' Night? I would very much like for this to be a success so I would appreciate your votes and and elaborations, explanations, or suggestions!

8pm EST is 1am British summer time - which was a bit late for me to start playing no matter how much I love Arma fun :)

EBass
18-06-2012, 01:47 AM
8pm EST is 1am British summer time - which was a bit late for me to start playing no matter how much I love Arma fun :)

Same here really. If I find myself awake with no immediate desire to go to bed and nothing to do tomorrow I might partake sometime, but a 1 start means proabably a 3 finish at the earliest. Bit much.

Kelron
18-06-2012, 02:06 AM
I recommend making a thread with a date and time displayed prominently, and at least a week in advance. Cross post in Arma or DayZ threads in the main forum, I doubt anyone will mind and you might attract a few more people. Obviously it's going to be a much smaller turnout as we're primarily a european community, but there's quite a few americans around too, especially playing DayZ. Just got to make sure they're aware of it and have some advance warning if they need to make time for it. Then if you do get more than 3 people turn up you can make sure they know you plan on doing it regularly, and enshrine it alongside TT.

I'm often awake until 3am in the UK so I might turn up sometime, I can't handle playing with large numbers for long.

Antivide
23-06-2012, 02:21 PM
Newcomer here. Did some forum lurking and was disappointed that ARPS sessions took place when I'm normally asleep (or try to).

Just found out that there was an "American's Night". You might want to spread this around so people don't have to spend an hour lurking in forums as I did.

Will be at the next one if this is still going on...