PDA

View Full Version : RPS Blood Bowl League - The many, many Divisions of Death!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

ntw
25-11-2011, 09:45 AM
Monopole Magnates (Jim, Lizards) vs Beyond the Pale (Jolima, Vamps)

My previous game with Jolima was a close-fought 2-2 draw, sang by Dolly Parton, so I approached this match with trepidation. The two-time league winning vampires are not to be taken lightly: I would need....a strategy. I bought a wizard, stroked my chin thoughtfully, and decided I would punch the hell out of his thralls until such time as his vampires had no more free drinks.

My main worry with vampires is that th-all glory to the hypnotoad. All glory to the hypnotoad. All glory to th- hey where did the ball go? I could swear I had it. Fortunately, with Jolima batting the ball loose every single turn, his low armour decided to explode, spectacularly. Vampire KO'd on failed dodge, Thrall KO'd by punching, Thrall KO'd by punching. This happened in three actions. He knocks the ball free again. I KO another vampire. And some thralls. And cause a cas against one. And KO another vampire. He doesn't really have anyone on the pitch now, so we stroll in the 1-0 on turn 8. Unfortunately all those thousands of KOs wake up so he can start his receiving turn with all 11 players.

Diving tackle did some wonders for me and looks the best way for lizards specifically to compete with vamps. Use the sauruses to man-mark thralls - they'll struggle to kick you off. Jolima keeps the vampires away from trouble and I'm happy to oblige, keeping diving tackle skinks nearby while trying to kill all the thralls unable to escape. This is the pattern of the second half. Thrall down, Thrall down, heroic 1 dice block from the skink with the strength of a man, on the Agility 5 vampire. Skink BH, Thrall BH, Thrall down, heroic 1 dice block from the saurus on the same vampire. Vampire runs loose and KO's himself on a failed GFI. Finally get the ball safe. There are now like 5 players left on Jolima's team and we just run in the second touchdown, handing off to a saurus in the process. 2-0 to the Magnates, final score.

Horrible, horrible armour rolls for Jolima but the aim was to maximise blocks against the skill-less, low-armour thralls and I managed that.

Now I just need MrPier to beat Alethron and I don't get relegated. COME ON THE DWARVES.

Who are you and what have you done with Jiiiim and his pictures?

Jiiiiim
25-11-2011, 09:47 AM
Yeah I couldn't think of anything good, sorry ¬_¬

mrpier
25-11-2011, 10:53 AM
I'm hoping my dwarfs bow out of the champs div. in an orgy of blood and carnage.

There might be small hickup though, after a disk crash on tuesday I had to reinstall BBLE, and now when I try to log on online I can't get in, claiming my username/password is incorrect, when I try to get a new password, I get a player does not exist message. I'm hoping it was just a temporary glitch and that I'll get logged on tonight, otherwise I must trust to the mercy of the customer support gods.

President Weasel
25-11-2011, 11:22 AM
I am sorry to ask this, but are you sure you're using the right username? If you've slightly misremembered it, that would perfectly fit the symptoms you are experiencing.

mrpier
25-11-2011, 11:41 AM
That could be a possibility except there's an option to see which accounts you have connected to your playerkey, and that also gives me player does not exist. Besides my username is mrpier so it should be easy to remember. :-)

Also I had to access my nexway account to get the activation and playerkey, and that took several tries, now I don't know how these systems are connected in anyway, but if one is glitched then maybe there's something there.

smaug81
25-11-2011, 02:32 PM
Brolaf Brigade (me) 0 - 1 Rejected RPG Stats (Laneford)

This match was a bit of a surprise for me, not because I lost, but because I didn't actually die horribly in the process. Laneford's team is significantly more well developed than mine, so I started off with 500k+ of inducement cash, which went to hiring Icepelt Hammerblow to try and overcome some of my strength deficit against the Nurgle team, a wandering apothecary, and two babes (you can tell I was expecting a thrashing). I chose to receive, hoping that getting the first hits in might result in some injuries. No such luck. Icepelt rapidly proved his usefulness by being KO'd on about turn 3, and my offense was rapidly swarmed under, with another 4 or 5 KO's as the Nurgley monsters bashed their way to the ball. Nevertheless, I almost managed to prevent the TD from Laneford, but neglected to properly cover a sleeping Pestigor, who promptly dodged his way into the endzone and caught a short pass for the score.

Second half, the babes, at least, came through and ensured that all but one of my KO'd players got back up. This was to be only the beginning of my altered luck. I started off playing a very stand-offish defense, hoping simply to slow the Nurgle team down and make them come to me. Come they did, but lo and behold, my return blocks started to meet with stunning success. After a first half of rolling almost nothing but pushes and skulls, I suddenly started rolling nothing but pows. I even managed to cause an injury or two. However, the sudden streak of luck wasn't quite enough. While I did manage to knock the ball free, Laneford quickly recovered it and hurled it down-pitch. With time running out, and rain pouring down, I was unable to move the ball far enough back the other direction to manage an equalizer.

A good match all around, and one that I am extremely relieved did not result in any permanent damage to my team. The worst of Laneford's ire fell on Icepelt, in what was easily the block of the match. His rookie blitzing Beast rolled a both down, which resulted in a double casualty. The Beast suffered broken ribs (I think?) and Icepelt was killed (but regenned). Both were out for the rest of the match.

And with that, Div 1 is ready to roll on, and it's down to me and Alistair Hutton in what I believe will be a rematch for relegation. I fear my Norse may have flown too high this season. We need more time to feed on squishies before going up against folks that actually wear armor on the pitch. :P

potatoedoughnut
25-11-2011, 06:06 PM
Dear Brolaf Brigade,

Thank you for giving the beast a MNG.

Love,
Clone High

President Weasel
25-11-2011, 06:57 PM
Yeah I couldn't think of anything good, sorry ¬_¬

Jiiiiiiiim, I just named a halfling player on the Tiny Presidents team "John Quincy Incy Wincy Adams". I wanted you to know.

DarkFenix
25-11-2011, 06:58 PM
Verified games, moved days on etc.

Jiiiiim
25-11-2011, 07:48 PM
Thomas not-a-Hefferson
Abraham Dinkum
Theadorable Roosevelt
Midget Nixon
Gerald Dorf

President Weasel
25-11-2011, 07:57 PM
Gerald Dorf is good, but I already used Gerald Ford as a treeman because he was so wooden (I was going to use Lincoln Log, but it's a pretty obscure American toy so I didn't think people would get it). Midget Nixon is going in the team, and Theadorable Roosevelt is genius.

You've still got it.

Rakysh
25-11-2011, 08:40 PM
Surely the other Treeman must be Wood-row Wilson.

President Weasel
25-11-2011, 08:59 PM
Nah, he's Andy "Old Hickory" Jackson.

laneford
25-11-2011, 10:01 PM
Dear Brolaf Brigade,

Thank you for giving the beast a MNG.

Love,
Clone High

I'm terribly sorry but I believe it was just a BH. (I think)

Still, he is entirely useless, he cost me far more than he gave me in that game.

I'd like to echo smaug's excellent report except to say that my win was totally undeserved. His norse may have pretended to bring AV7 for the day, (they actually turned up with AV9) but smaug rolled appaling block dice in that first half, and even then I had very very few chances, it was only carelessness that stopped smaug properly marking the two heads three arms freak pestigor (c) Jiiiiiiim that ended up with me scoring the vital TD in T8.

Other than that I was never really on top of the game, against a team that I had over 500tv advantage in, smaug played excellently and deserved a draw.

On this form, I don't fancy my chances against some massively induced necros unless my nurgle regain their killing ruthless touch. (ONE injury all game against norse, aint good enough). At least they won't have a ST6 frenzy snowtroll for me to deal with...

laneford
25-11-2011, 10:03 PM
Thomas not-a-Hefferson
Abraham Dinkum
Theadorable Roosevelt
Midget Nixon
Gerald Dorf

'Lil' Clinton'

potatoedoughnut
26-11-2011, 07:12 AM
I'm terribly sorry but I believe it was just a BH. (I think)

Boo thought I saw him injured when I leveled my ghoul today. Anyway, you should keep the kid gloves on and not hurt any of my mans.

Xercies
26-11-2011, 09:52 AM
Just played my game with Alini 1-0 to my Lizards.

It was a very grindy to be honest for my lizards. It took 7 turns to get my first touchdown, I was almost there at turn 4 but then the Dwarfs suddenly went on the attack and almost took the ball away from me. It was a complete grind after that trying not to make the dwarfs get a touchdown, with me trying despretly to take down their cage. Though maybe if I hadn't pressed End Turn stupidly I might of got the ball earlier since David Cameron was ready to blitz the ball carrier when the cage was at its weakest. The only thing that stopped the dwarfs was my rush of Skinks and his very small Movement squares which I was very lucky with.

Vexing Vision
26-11-2011, 11:28 AM
The Sirens just finished their match versus HughTower's Wood Elves. With 530k inducements, the Sirens bring Zara despite her questionable track-record, a Wizard hidden in the crowd and a bribe to take out that horrible Wardancers.

Of the three inducements, Zara proved the only worthwhile addition - by making an unlikely but critical intercept.

There is not much to be said apart from the fact that HughTower's elves were utterly inebriated, the Amazons scored a turn too early in the first half allowing for a counter TD before Half Time.

And thus begins the tale of Turn 13.

Major scuffles break out, with the Elves always ending up in control. A few minor KOs but nothing serious. The Elves are deep in the Siren's half, with a cage the Amazons fail to break. An elusive catcher is flirting and sidestepping around my TD line. A leaping blitzing Wardancer frees the thrower, who gets into position to make the pass to the 2-1.

And then the time runs out.

And the Elves start dying and dropping unconcious, one after the other.
From a nearly full team at Cursed Turn 13, a lone rooted tree is watching sadly as the Amazons bring in an unchallenged and slightly undeserved 2-1 in Turn 16, securing their lead in Division A.

Rakysh
26-11-2011, 04:23 PM
The Potholers just held out for a draw against the Bullet Head Bills. A 50% success rate with the lob a halfling at the endzone in the first half, and the bullet head bills scoring with impunity lead to me pretending to be a dwarf player, and caging up over the whole of the second half to equalise on the final turn. A pair of line-elves were killed and an indeterminate number of halflings died, but they're basically irrelevant anyway.

Alini
26-11-2011, 10:28 PM
The dwarves would like to point out that once they remembered a ball was involved in the game they did manage to pick it up, throw it on target and catch it. Once, obviously. However scoring was ultimately rendered impossible by some very nasty dinosaurs with oversized teeth harassing the small and innocent dwarves who only want to be friends.

Screwie
27-11-2011, 11:43 AM
Dread Pool (Dark Elves, me) vs Big Bruised Ego (Ogres, DarkWeeble)

This was a much tougher game than I was expecting from an ogre side, as Weeble had the full ogre compliment and I had very little I could do about all that ST 5. Weeble's ogres stuck to the ball like glue, he used them really well. I eventually scored in the first half with a passing play, but the ogres really shut my elves out after half time and a snotling eventually ran across the line at the close of the match.

Final score: 1 - 1

My apothecary saved one of my runners from the morgue, but not one of my linemen. There was also a single snotling with a MNG but aside from that no other lasting problems for either side.

Schizoslayer
27-11-2011, 01:39 PM
I had several good 2dice blocks on your ball carrier as well in the second half but luck was just not on my side. Also I managed to predict almost every failed dodge roll for my Elves which is rather worrying. Bloody Halfling Chefs didn't help by stealing all my rerolls in the first half.

Tom OBedlam
27-11-2011, 02:08 PM
Awesome game against Jryan. 1-0 to the Light Stamptastic

jryan
27-11-2011, 03:54 PM
That WAS an awesome game. There but for the grace of block go I.

Stamptastic, as is the fear of all Norse teams, kicked off in the first half. This leaves the unagile, unarmored Norse open to the early blows and injuries. The Norse, having a fool hardy coach, tempted fate and lined up in their traditional wall formation with their werewolves on the wings, giving the Blighters some first round injury opportunities.

Blighters took the OOB kick close to the Stampy right wing and made Stampy pay dearly for their setup with the first hit of the game coming on the line of scrimmage resulting in an injury to Stampy's right wing tackle that left a hole between the wolf on the right edge and Stampy's middle. It went downhill from there, injury wise.

After a brutal savaging in round one, Stampy rallied a workable scrum around the Blighters ball carrier and began trading blows The sheer number of bodies on the pitch kept the progress at a stand still. I knocked the ball out of the runners hands on two separate occasions only to watch the ball bounce an insufferable number of times through the crowd. The Blighters got caught on a dirty play..which I really don't blame them for since the sheer body count on the pitch was making moving the ball impossible. Finally Stampy got the game moving again by stupidly chain pushing the ball carrier out of the scrum.

This is a favorite technique of mine when playing in high TV games, but I forgot this is a low TV game and I had nothing to capitalize on the exposed carrier and the carrier was now out of tackle zones with a teammate streaking down the unguarded left wing.

Stampy rallied quickly however (scene missing) and recovered the ball at mid field and started a mad dash for the touchline. Blighters weren't done, however, and were able to successfully peel two players off of the scrum and catch up to my scampering ball carrier who was perilously close to scoring, knocking the ball out of his hand, downing his werewolf partner, but then failing the scoop.

The Wolf blitzed from down and freed the lineman who then got up, scooped up the ball and had only one GFI between himself and paydirt. Roll failed. First half ended 0-0. The Light Stamptastic had held on defense but narrowly missed a chance at a defensive score, and were down four players.

Blighters started the second half with a +2 player advantage but the never say die, never think things through spirit of the Light Stamptastic lead to yet another wall formation to start the second half with their sole blitzer going back to receive the kick. Stampy was receiving however, so the hope was that the death blows would be in their favor as they were hitting first.

Indeed, a Blighter lineman went down quick to a BH, and a stampy werewolf spied a lone Blighter on the left wing within a square of the sideline. A quick frenzied block knocked him off the pitch. The teams were now even at 9 all. The Norse took the advantage of their blocking advantage and put a body on a body, forgoing the oh-so-not-norse box offense.

The Blitzer made a successful pickup of the ball and started running towards the Blighters weakened right wing.

And he would have made it too it it weren't for those darn kids...

Blighters successfully blitzed the blitzer, knocking the ball out, now turning the body-on-body strategy against me as I now had a slew of tackle zones to sort out just to get help to my Blitzer. I was, luckily, able to free a werewolf get him into my backfield to help sort out the disaster. And at a 2-1 advantage it was sorted out in short order. The blitzer was able to recover and continue to the hole as the Blighters fought to close it. All players were now spread across a rather contentious LOS that stretched from my right sideline to mid field, with one Werewolf in the backfiled to keep Blitzy McBlitzerton occupied.

The fight at the left edge was won by Stampy, and my blitzer broke free with a werewolf running along as interference. Blighter took the free player at the LOS and sent him up field to set up a scoring opportunity. He then followed up by successfully extracting two players from the scrum and blitzing the ball carrier, knocking him down.

Blighter scooped the ball and headed towards the LOS, and injured a Norse lineman in the middle of the field, opening a gigantic hole there. The werewolf, in desperation blitzed in a GFI and failed, leaving the Blighters with a wide open middle, and a free player deep in the Norse backfield. He seized on this opening and sprinted into the gap and had a mere 3+ pass to an easy score, with rerolls to spare.

Failed pass, failed reroll, ball fumbled at midfield.

At this point my head was spinning. I had a 2-1 advantage in the Blighter backfield, but a real mess around the loose ball. The werewolf in the Blighter backfield made it a 2-0 advantage with a knockdown of the Blighters lone defender. At this point I saw my opening, as narrow and blatheringly crazy as it might be. The span was crazy, but it just might work... it all started my midfield lineman, tied up with a Blighter defender, a mere 2 squares from the Blighter that had just fumbled. He successfully hopped a tackle zone (with a reroll) in a blitz attempt to down the only Blighter by the ball. He succeeded in failing to take out the Blighter with a block-block standoff. It wasn't a TO, but this all but closed the door on the opportunity.

I freed up the nearest linemen to the ball with a chain of 1 die blocks down the LOS, allowing him to step into the ball square unmolested. He made the pickup. I counted the number of successful 1d rolls on this one play at 5 after spending the reroll on the very first tackle zone. He then executed a ho-hum, run of the mill 6+ perfect pass from a lineman TO a lineman, putting me is scoring position. I never anticipated that. My goal was to at best fumble it towards the Blighter goal, with best case being a failed catch resulting in pushing the live ball deep into Blighter territory. I never expected the successful pass, much less the catch.

I issued an all hands on deck scramble with my remaining players to get a head start on the Blighters in case he pulled a rabbit out of his hat. Unfortunately I had no more moves and ended the turn, smelling the sweet grass at the touchline.

"Oh hey", said Tom, "where'd this rabbit come from?" as he blitzed the ball carrier into the dirt and started pulling players back to help. My werewolf was having none of that and blitzed into a GFI to erase all hope for the Blighters.... and failed the roll.

Blighters then obliged with a failed pickup.

And so it was, on turn 14, that Stampy successfully blitzed out the opposition, scooped the ball, handed it to a werewolf who then walked in for a touchdown. 1-0 Light Stamptastic. I probably could have held the ball for a turn, but I wasn't liking my luck today, miracle play excluded of course.

Stampy then lined up and kicked deep to the touchline, making the job that much harder for the Blighters..who then botched the pickup.

With no possible way for the Blighters to go 16 squares in 1 turn I ended my turn without a move, and the Blighters finished their second half bad luck with a failed GFI by the ball carrier.

Game ended 1-0.

Great game Tom. it was a single wild swing of luck that kept the game from ending 1-0 in favor of the Blighters.

laneford
27-11-2011, 06:12 PM
Boo thought I saw him injured when I leveled my ghoul today. Anyway, you should keep the kid gloves on and not hurt any of my mans.

I've just checked my team, and he is MNG alas. :(

On the other hand, I now have a rotter with AG5, and three niggling injuries. He should be interesting.

Alistair Hutton
27-11-2011, 07:58 PM
I've just checked my team, and he is MNG alas. :(

On the other hand, I now have a rotter with AG5, and three niggling injuries. He should be interesting.

AG5! I can't get a single Agility/Strength upgrade for love nor money. So jealous.

DarkFenix
27-11-2011, 08:48 PM
My game with INinja finished 1-1, pretty bloodless game (much to my disappointment!). It very nearly went oh-so-wrong for the rats early when my first-drive blitz nearly scored a defensive touchdown. It nearly went oh-so-wrong for me on turn 15 when a hero GR made a 3d against block on my 5st ball carrier and rolled DS/DS/DD. One dead linerat, one injured beastman. I am disappoint.

duff
27-11-2011, 09:28 PM
You were supposed to stomp on some rats for me!

Tom OBedlam
27-11-2011, 10:22 PM
@jyran lovely write up. I've just watched the replay and kicked myself at those oh-so-close moments. Best match I've played in a long time.

Looking at Div F scores, what happens at the end of the season with Screwie's ringer team? Do they go up a div or is it going to be best loser?

Axler
27-11-2011, 11:19 PM
Dread Pool (Dark Elves, me) vs Big Bruised Ego (Ogres, DarkWeeble)

Final score: 1 - 1

My apothecary saved one of my runners from the morgue, but not one of my linemen. There was also a single snotling with a MNG but aside from that no other lasting problems for either side.

Damn I was hoping you'd MNG some of those nasty Ogres for me :(

jryan
28-11-2011, 12:23 AM
@jyran lovely write up. I've just watched the replay and kicked myself at those oh-so-close moments. Best match I've played in a long time.

I'm new to the internet side of the game. How do I watch a replay of games?

potatoedoughnut
28-11-2011, 12:29 AM
Go into single player -> load, and there is a section for replays. The replays live in your my documents folder (in windows). There should be a folder for BBLE. If you want to watch someone else's replay you can stick the replay file in there.

jryan
28-11-2011, 02:19 AM
Go into single player -> load, and there is a section for replays. The replays live in your my documents folder (in windows). There should be a folder for BBLE. If you want to watch someone else's replay you can stick the replay file in there.

Ah thank you! Now I know I got several things wrong...but next time I do a write up I don't have to go from memory.

Suffice it to say that if Tom made a pick-up roll once or twice I would have lost.

potatoedoughnut
28-11-2011, 05:54 AM
Ah thank you! Now I know I got several things wrong...but next time I do a write up I don't have to go from memory.

Suffice it to say that if Tom made a pick-up roll once or twice I would have lost.

Also note you can speed up & slow down with the +/- keys (helps during the boring kick off setup parts).

Schizoslayer
28-11-2011, 09:32 AM
I'm going to be putting the Bullet Head Bills on ice next season and trying my hand with a new team. Not sure what race yet but I fancy a change from Elves.

Screwie
28-11-2011, 09:47 AM
Looking at Div F scores, what happens at the end of the season with Screwie's ringer team? Do they go up a div or is it going to be best loser?

Whatever happens, as a filler side my vamps will be leaving the league at the end of the season. If I'm still top of the group at that time the promotion will go to second place.

Damn I was hoping you'd MNG some of those nasty Ogres for me :(

Not likely! He has six of them! I was lucky to get away with only a lineman lost.

ntw
28-11-2011, 10:24 AM
I'm going to be putting the Bullet Head Bills on ice next season and trying my hand with a new team. Not sure what race yet but I fancy a change from Elves.

I've marked you on the sheet as "R3" for next season (3rd rebooting team)

DarkFenix
28-11-2011, 01:21 PM
You were supposed to stomp on some rats for me!
Oh how I tried. I was blocking continuously all game with little result though. My clawty blow mino was taking every opportunity to smack the RO around and every other player I had dished out a liberal number of blocks. Lots of unconscious and stunned rats, but only one proper injury (still, the dead linerat did have block, so that's something).

Gorm
28-11-2011, 10:42 PM
So when does day 2 end? I still havent heard from Valiant.

DarkFenix
29-11-2011, 02:17 AM
Day 2 is technically already over, I'd guess if games aren't played by about the end of Tuesday things will get defaulted.

President Weasel
29-11-2011, 08:46 AM
So when does day 2 end? I still havent heard from Valiant.

<ntw>
I take it you've tried posting in the group, and sending him PMs on the forum, and steam friending him so you can talk to him on Steam?
</ntw>

Screwie
29-11-2011, 09:39 AM
Groovychainsaw's been away all weekend, I believe he should be back at some point today though. At that point he'll most likely wrap up Day 2.

groovychainsaw
29-11-2011, 11:04 AM
Hello! I'm back! We should be onto the third and final game now, although I see a couple of games aren't there yet (including my own!!). Try and get them played tonight if possible, or post in here if you have troubles. If not ,they'll be defaulted. Everyone else, move on to your last game ;-)

Gorm
29-11-2011, 12:15 PM
I haven't pm'd him but i have tried those other things.

darkweeble
29-11-2011, 12:40 PM
Not likely! He has six of them! I was lucky to get away with only a lineman lost.

I can't believe how long it took me to get my last Ogre. It's actually really hard to buy players when you don't win games. Who knew? Ogres are definitely a more serious challenge than I thought, but I'm having a good time with them!

drawlien
29-11-2011, 07:17 PM
Cacamas and I will be playing tomorrow evening at 7.30pm if that's O.K. groovy? (The other game in our division is currently set to be played tomorrow as well I think.)

Gorm
29-11-2011, 08:05 PM
PM'd Valiant after my last post and still waiting for a reply.

Screwie
29-11-2011, 09:45 PM
Can someone validate and roll on both Div 6 and Div F, please?

DarkFenix
30-11-2011, 02:41 AM
All results to date validated, division E, 6 and F rolled on, halfling hitman squad contacted with regards to sinners in divisions 4 and C.

Incidentally, to any of you perpetual fence-sitters out there, Bloodbowl Legendary Edition is currently on Steam sale, £6 for one day (15 hours left as of time of posting). Nuffle commands you to buy it and partake in bloody glory!

potatoedoughnut
30-11-2011, 07:50 AM
Laneford and I played our D3 Div1 match last night. Final score was 2-1 to his Nurgles against my Necros.

He chose to receive and had an indecisive and a bit sloppy start. Fortunately my defense was equally messy and he was able to avoid losing the ball and was able to get away from the pressure and do a classic nurgle dodge away then pass cross field to score around turn 5.

The rest of the match can be summed up by my speedier necros trying to make some holes to get some players through and break away to score, but failing miserably and spending a good amount of time inspecting the dirt. Laneford did an excellent job of spreading his players out and using his str advantage to negate any blocking plays. In the end Laneford was able to get a defensive TD to take him up 2-0 in the second half and I was able to get in a TD of my own around turn 15.

I did get a blitz kicking off before turn 16, but a failed dodge meant I wasn't able to get any players near the ball or in TD range.

Very well played Laneford. Good luck in the championship next season!

groovychainsaw
30-11-2011, 09:58 AM
Ok, all divisions apart from 4 have been moved on to day 3 (4's games are both being played tonight). A couple of game were defaulted, sorry combat,valiant, but both your opponents had made the effort so they pick up a win there. Day 3 finishes on the 7th Dec. Keep organising!

My game against MadDave123 was a long grind between 2 evenly matched teams. After a first half that saw a lot of skulls for me but no way through for dave over 8 turns, i spent 6 turns in the second half trying to break through, then had 2 good opportunities to score ruined by first a double 1 on a single go for it then some good dice for dave to knock down my ball carrier just before the end. And I'd worked it all so nicely for a handoff to win... Oh well. Final score, 0-0.

Tom OBedlam
30-11-2011, 02:40 PM
Sweet, I have two blocking linemans now

Gorm
30-11-2011, 04:25 PM
Just played Grinns orcs, between him and my vamps on the last turn i only had 4 players on the pitch. Anyway the important part, he won 1-0.

Heliocentric
30-11-2011, 05:13 PM
I just got BB in the sale, where do I sign in blood?

President Weasel
30-11-2011, 06:05 PM
I just got BB in the sale, where do I sign in blood?

Well, blood, you sign in in the spreadsheet :)
The link is on the very first page.

DarkFenix
30-11-2011, 08:59 PM
Just lost 2-1 to Nullkigan's Bastard Elves. Would have been fine for a 1-1 draw (probably), but right at the crucial moment I got my chaos warriors mixed up and chose BD with the only one without block. Then of course a bloody merc line elf makes a ridiculous pass down half the field to a waiting witch elf.

Another fairly bloodless game though, two elf injuries; the first a smashed collar bone witch elf that got healed, the second a badly injured thrower from a late, spiteful foul. I had a chaos warrior taken off badly injured late on.

It would probably even have been a 2-1 grind win to me, but half way up the field in the second half the 1d blocks started going very badly for me and very well for Nullkigan.

Still, now my 5st chaos warrior has rolled +1ag too. Yup, 5st 4ag chaos warrior, oh he's going to be a big target from now on.

imirk
30-11-2011, 09:08 PM
Still, now my 5st chaos warrior has rolled +1ag too. Yup, 5st 4ag chaos warrior, oh he's going to be a big target from now on.

Mother of God!

Does he have any other skills?

Nullkigan
30-11-2011, 09:09 PM
Division 3: Supernumaries (DElf, Nullkigan) 2-1 Khelloggs Khorneflakes (Chaos, DarkFenix)

There were only two amazing things about this match: The number of failed Wild Animal rolls (five in the first six turns) and the last minute performance of a lineself loner (5+, 4+, 3+, 4+, 2+, 4+ (rerolled)) who had to dodge through multiple tacklezones, pick up the ball and make the winning pass in sunny weather. Despite receiving a turn 16 7-man foul, I managed to avoid any long term injuries.

It was a rather messy game with a very large and long brawl taking up most of the second half after an early touchdown was followed by a slow downfield grind. It was immensely difficult to disrupt the chaos cage, but over-cautious bunching up after some lucky dodges allowed some clever shoves to work in my favour.

The Khorneflakes now pack a 5 str, 4 agi chaos warrior and more block/guard than most norse teams. Meanwhile I picked up Block for my Witches.

For the love of god, Duffin, win your match. I like my team too much to want them to get prematurely promoted again :(

drawlien
30-11-2011, 09:10 PM
I just played Cacamas' Dwarves with my woodies. Somehow the Dwarves got 2 casualties and the woodies got away with only 3 K.O.'s. I was giving up 400 TV and none of the inducements I bought did anything - Wizard I didn't need as I was saving it in case there was an unstoppable cage of doom (TM) which fortunately I was able to avoid; wandering apo not needed as I got no casualties; and babe didn't help with any of the K.O. rolls. I managed to run in a couple of TD's with no reply due to some typically outrageous Welf play.

Thanks for the game Cacamas, you got Welfed quite badly but hopefully you still enjoyed it!

Cacamas
30-11-2011, 09:31 PM
Ever hear the one where an entire dwarven team wouldn't hurt a fly?
Neither did I, until today, and it's not funny!

My game with drawlien's cursed elves did not go well: 2 casualties against, 0 for, 2 TDs against, 0 for. The movement from drawlien was exemplary, with hit and runs against isolated dwarves and the spreading of play across the pitch making defence extremely hard. The classic Dwarf counter to this (hit them until they don't get up) was ineffective due to a paucity of any sort of injury that would keep the elves off the pitch. Grumble, gesticulate, curse the arbitrary hand of Nuffle, I did it all. But still I got push back after push back, each failed armour and injury roll made it harder for my leaden-footed team to hold onto the dancing elvish feet.

There is good news though; I have a deathroller, at last! With two more level-ups (due to a pass(!) and an MVP, mind), my TV is now a nice round 1900. I wish this glut of skills would actually tell though...

DarkFenix
30-11-2011, 09:35 PM
Sadly mr St5 Ag4 has no other skills right now (though I guess that's all the more freaky, +1st first level up, +1ag second), I'm gambling that 4ag is going to make him a good enough scorer to give him another level with reasonable alacrity (safe enough bet for an Av9 player). He needs block, then probably guard.

Nullkigan
30-11-2011, 09:48 PM
If beastmen have strength access (and I noticed you had at least two with guard already so I guess they do), then guard on an agi4/str5 piece is a waste as you're asking him to be part of the line. Something like Leap (hilarity at 66% chance of success) would probably open up your options better...

Wolfenswan
30-11-2011, 09:51 PM
The Queens went home with an (arguably lucky) 2-1 victory against the B-Negatives after today's match.

Highlights included the kicking Vampires breaking through the right flank in the first half, breaking free the ball and securing a swift first touchdown. In the second half we saw an Amazon Blitz that turned their weak scrimmage line into an advantage, a linewoman that managed an intercept against all odds after which she darted across the field where she passed the ball to the catcher who took it home. A second touchdown for the Amazon's was foiled about three fields away from the finishing line (badly hurting the catcher who was then nearly killed by the apothecary) from where the fans threw it the center of the left flank, where 2/3 of both teams were caught up in a brawl. A Vampire failed to throw the ball outside, fumbled it to a Thrall who got then taken down and a final sprint secured the second touchdown for the Amazons in the 16th round.

boots468
30-11-2011, 09:59 PM
Well, my vampires Vs wolfenswan's amazons was a rather bloodless fair (as you'd expect from having 17 players with dodge and none with tackle) with just one Badly Hurt each. Things started well for me, scoring a defensice touchdown in the first half, but the second half was all amazon - a blitz at the kick off set the tone, compounded by an interception, giving him the equaliser in his turn 9. Second recieve went only slightly better, but my frontline being over whelmed by guarding amazon blitzers and failed bloodlust, forced me into a GFI with the ball holder which failed (after a re-roll), leaving an amazon in easy scoring distance. A heroic 1d thrall blitz gets the ball into the crowd though, who throw it right back to the big scrimmage on the half way line. A vamp picks the ball up , but drops it at his feet trying a short pass. The amazons make no mistake this time, nocing over all my players and forming an almost vampire-proof cage on the sideline. Obviously I try the 3+,5+ then 6+ dodges needed to get to the ball carrier, but fail miserably, leaving him to run in the final goal in a 2-1 win.

Thanks for the good game Wolfenswan, hope you enjoyed your first taste of the havoc vampires can wreck on both team's plans!

I am getting frustrated with my super unreliable players though, and depending on the results of the level ups gained in this match, and the race choices of the people who are starting new teams next season, will probably retire them.

Jarvis
30-11-2011, 10:00 PM
Sadly mr St5 Ag4 has no other skills right now (though I guess that's all the more freaky, +1st first level up, +1ag second), I'm gambling that 4ag is going to make him a good enough scorer to give him another level with reasonable alacrity (safe enough bet for an Av9 player). He needs block, then probably guard.

Block certainly but perhaps give him strong arm and he'll be a good thrower, get a couple of beastmen with extra arms to hover on the wings and in their half and you've got a passing threat the opposition can't ignore.

DarkFenix
30-11-2011, 10:59 PM
If beastmen have strength access (and I noticed you had at least two with guard already so I guess they do), then guard on an agi4/str5 piece is a waste as you're asking him to be part of the line. Something like Leap (hilarity at 66% chance of success) would probably open up your options better...
Hahaha, that's actually a great idea, considering free access to mutation means VLL as a follow up. If I get a double on him I'll certainly consider that. Now that'd be a sight, a leaping Ag4 chaos warrior.

Quite right that guard would be a waste though, beastmen are indeed able to grab it freely, although that's diminished by the fact that beastmen need to fill all my other positions too. Given how interesting this CW is shaping up to be, it'd be a waste not to progress in similarly interesting fashion.

NieA7
30-11-2011, 11:10 PM
Just beat desvergeh Necro's 2-1 in a fairly typical game that ended with some pretty outrageous luck on my part. First half saw my Necro's slowly grind up the pitch to score on turn 8, second half desvergeh caged very nicely (couldn't even slow it down) and scored on turn 11. My weighted setup on the following kick-off was wasted when desvergeh rolled a perfect defense, and some fairly dim positioning on my part left me with very few choices on my last turn. Or so it seemed...

The ball carrying ghoul was pinned on the sideline by a wight, the only wolf that could score was next to another wolf and ghoul making a hand-off unlikely. A block from a nearby zombie only pushed desvergeh's wight back, but the follow-up dodge/blitz from my wrestle ghoul (who's been worth his weight in gold over the last few games) put him on the floor. The wolf dodged away from his markers but failed the GFI to get to the end zone - a team re-roll saw him safe but there was no safety net now. The ball ghoul ran up but could only make it a 5+ pass with his normal move. He passed the GFI to make it 4+, rolled a perfect launch, the nearby ghoul failed to intercept and the wolf plucked the ball from the air with the greatest of ease - all in all that was a 2 dice block, 3+, 2 dice block, 3+, 2+, 2+, 4+, 3+ with 1 team re-roll.

My 180k of inducements was a mixed bag, the babe didn't bring back my MB wight but the bribe let me make several successful fouls, though desvergeh got away with quite a few 1 dice blocks. All in all an even match, with only my bout of luck at the end separating us. My SPPs fell brilliantly, I've got a level on a Golem, Wolf and Wight to look forward to. Roll on next season!

Gorm
30-11-2011, 11:41 PM
Please get leap on a Chaos warrior

President Weasel
30-11-2011, 11:58 PM
Please get leap on a Chaos warrior

I third this.

Also, and this is entirely beside the point, a leaping STR5 AGI 4 guy is the absolute perfect cage breaker. Might as well not bother caging in the first place, unless they can get guard on all 4 corners.

DarkFenix
01-12-2011, 12:19 AM
Now I really want leap, someone fix the game so it gives him a double on his next level up.

Jolima
01-12-2011, 12:32 AM
I actually did have a leaping AG4 CW in a pub team once, I think I lost it with the move to LE. He wasn't ST 5 and didn't have block or any other skill to help with cage breaking, so that failed more often than not (leaving him in perfect position for a foul). Still fun to play with though.

potatoedoughnut
01-12-2011, 05:33 AM
I was going to suggest Thick Skull (to keep him on the pitch), but Leap is obviously a superior chance. If you don't get doubles though I'd suggest Thick Skull.

Rakysh
01-12-2011, 06:57 AM
Nah, block is what he needs next (assuming you don't get a double). Block is the best skill ever. Everyone needs more block in their lives.

potatoedoughnut
01-12-2011, 07:50 AM
But block only helps if you roll a both down on the block die. With Thick Skull EVERY time an 8 is rolled for an injury he will be stunned instead of KO'd. And it can be used even if the player is prone or stunned.

I think the better choice is obvious.

desvergeh
01-12-2011, 11:13 AM
Just beat desvergeh Necro's 2-1 in a fairly typical game that ended with some pretty outrageous luck on my part. First half saw my Necro's slowly grind up the pitch to score on turn 8.

You forgot the best part - my dodging zombie nearly foiling your first touchdown!

Well played and congratulations on the win. Was a good game.

DarkFenix
01-12-2011, 01:12 PM
But on the other hand, block will stop him going down in the first place, rescuing me from turnovers to boot. Given that he's going to be a cage-breaker, he needs the ability to bash someone in the face.

It's definitely going to be block next unless I get that elusive double. The following dilemma would be if I don't get a double, do I then take VLL on another non-double in the hope of a double? Or do I simply take him down another interesting path? It worked out with my skaven one-turner; I spent several level ups giving him sprint, sure feet and the like, then by some miracle a +1MA turned up for him.

NieA7
01-12-2011, 01:29 PM
You forgot the best part - my dodging zombie nearly foiling your first touchdown!

True that. Damn thing was the only guy anywhere near the wolf with the ball, yet he managed to dodge away from a Ghoul then blitz and stun the wolf on a 1 dice block. I was surprised he didn't pick up the ball and chuck it down field after that.

The following dilemma would be if I don't get a double, do I then take VLL on another non-double in the hope of a double?

VLL is practically useless without leap, I wouldn't risk it if I were you. Perhaps go for two heads to help dodging into cages, or tentacles to keep everyone put once he's inside (ag4 Beast of Nurgle). Either that or plain old tackle.

Nullkigan
01-12-2011, 01:47 PM
If he's leaping or dodging into cages, Strip Ball or Grab. With STR5 you could also consider Frenzy and Tackle. Prehensile Tail or Tentacles would stop people stepping away from him and Stand Firm would make it harder to keep him away from important players.

DarkFenix
01-12-2011, 02:21 PM
Tentacles is a nice idea, if I'd not rolled +1ag I'd probably have taken that. Block next level on a single is a certainty. If I don't have a double within 2 levels it'll be block, tentacles, stand firm. If I get a double it'll be block, leap, VLL/tackle. The problem is of course the two quickest levels are now used on stat ups, leaving too much skill choice for too few remaining slots.

Hopefully I'll get a beastman roll +1ag at some point too, that'd diversify my team nicely.

President Weasel
01-12-2011, 02:31 PM
I never, ever get STR-ups. Ever. I seem to get a surprising number of +Mov and +Agi, although I never seem to get the really nice +Mov rolls, the ones on players who are already quite move-y anyway like catchers. That might be because I've been playing bashier recently, however.

jryan
01-12-2011, 04:14 PM
In all my time playing Norse, I have only just now decided to try "Piling On" skill with a Yeti. Why have I not done this before? The combo of PO and Claws makes him really fun against Orc and Dwarf teams. Granted, the computer doesn't really size up it's opponent. A human playing Orc would immediately focus on killing the yeti. But in the first 4 rounds of an AI match the Yeti killed two black orcs and KOed a third.

It's almost like cheating.

President Weasel
01-12-2011, 09:55 PM
My chaos mans just lost 3-2 to the ridiculously elfy elves of Chainsawhands.
There's very little you can do to stop the buggers scoring.
The match was marred for me by computer weirdness (my esc key didn't work so I was forced to use the terrible automatic camera), and by something being screwed up in the connection so the game stole my setup time a couple of times. I wouldn't have won anyway, so I am not that bothered by it, but it did make me a bit grumpy and probably not a very enjoyable opponent for 'Hands.

Also the connection was so bad that for some reason I thought I had just played ntw...

ChainsawHands
01-12-2011, 10:09 PM
My chaos mans just lost 3-2 to the ridiculously elfy elves of ntw.They really didn't.

ChainsawHands
01-12-2011, 10:13 PM
Both division 2 matches validated. Unless there are dropouts above us, I'm going up, P-Wease and NieA7 are in some kind of hellish limbo of arcane maths, and Desvergeh is on his way down.

President Weasel
01-12-2011, 10:29 PM
Arg, I suck at reading the results. We are indeed in a hellish hell of maths.
I hope the casualties my star player mino caused count!

NieA7
01-12-2011, 10:40 PM
Pretty sure Pweasel is number 2, my games have been 1-1, 0-2 and 2-1 so he's way ahead on TDs, and I doubt my faintly limp Necro's have out casualtied the Chaos mans.

There's an easy way to find out though - once all the other matches are done whichever division doesn't have dorfs in is my one.

*edit* Just checked, I caused and sustained 3 casualties, and scored 3 TDs/conceded 4.

Also, 3 skill rolls and not a single stat up or double (that's 16 in total with nothing more than normal skills!).

ntw
02-12-2011, 01:13 PM
My chaos mans just lost 3-2 to the ridiculously elfy elves of Chainsawhands.
There's very little you can do to stop the buggers scoring.
The match was marred for me by computer weirdness (my esc key didn't work so I was forced to use the terrible automatic camera), and by something being screwed up in the connection so the game stole my setup time a couple of times. I wouldn't have won anyway, so I am not that bothered by it, but it did make me a bit grumpy and probably not a very enjoyable opponent for 'Hands.

Also the connection was so bad that for some reason I thought I had just played ntw...

Wishful thinking - I miss you too man! /manhug

JayTee
02-12-2011, 02:23 PM
Back in Blighty. Yay.

So that means I'm up for rejoining next season with the Comics.

Jiiiiim
02-12-2011, 02:32 PM
Looks like I picked a bad day to not renew my skink insurance

President Weasel
02-12-2011, 03:26 PM
Wishful thinking - I miss you too man! /manhug

Aw, shucks :)

I am pretty sure my thinking went something like
- Chainsawhands said he'd get the score approved
- Oh that's lucky I was playing an admin
- ntw is an admin
- I must have been playing ntw

I am not saying that makes any sense.

Sgt.Ragekage
02-12-2011, 10:44 PM
DIV 4

Cwoac and i have tried unsuccessfully to play our match several times times this week but RL keeps getting in the way. I think this one may have to go to a draw. Can an admin sort this for us please. Its all in the group thread.

Ta.

drawlien
03-12-2011, 09:06 AM
DIV 4

Cwoac and i have tried unsuccessfully to play our match several times times this week but RL keeps getting in the way. I think this one may have to go to a draw. Can an admin sort this for us please. Its all in the group thread.

Ta.

I set the game to a 0 - 0 draw and ended the day.

Alistair Hutton
03-12-2011, 11:16 AM
Smaug and I played a game. Smaug smashed my mans into the ground, 2 dead, 5 more in the injury box, until I barely had a player standing, he scored a winning touchdown to take the score to 2-1 on turn 15. At this point the game disconnected.

And then reconnected a minute later. Phew.

If the game could be validated so I can rebuy all my dead mans in preparation of next season that would be nice.

Screwie
03-12-2011, 11:40 AM
Just met Tom O'Bedlam in our final Div F game, in which my filler vampire team once again had a tremendous showing: 3-nil to me.

The injury rolls throughout the game favoured me, with very few thralls getting hurt by blood lust and several of Tom's humans acting as if someone had made their armour out of broken glass. The vamps outnumbered the humans by the end of the game, which has never happened to me before.

Cheers to Tom for the game and being a patient sport about his nuffling.

Tom OBedlam
03-12-2011, 12:49 PM
That was a horror show! Poor Blighters, they don't have vampires in Albion, the poor fellas never stood a chance. Sadly, it wasn't all being outclassed and bad rolls. I made two or three really naff decisions that Screwie exploited beautifully. Chief amongst them was not realising how devastating hypnotism is.

Still, it's not been a bad season for the Blighters, though my forgetting about FF is really costing me. Luckily it looks like I'll be in Div F or 6 again next season to get more practice. Unless windward wins against jryan, then (if my maths is right) I may end up going up, which would be bad...

jryan
03-12-2011, 09:34 PM
I sent a PM to windward. I hope to get the game completed by tomorrow.

Tom OBedlam
03-12-2011, 10:49 PM
Don't keep me in suspense!

Nullkigan
03-12-2011, 10:57 PM
Unless windward wins against jryan, then (if my maths is right) I may end up going up, which would be bad...

I think in the 10 seasons I've played, I've been promoted about 9 times (three of those were at once, though, so it doesn't really count). I only came first once, maybe twice.

ChainsawHands
04-12-2011, 01:43 PM
Smaug and I played a game. Smaug smashed my mans into the ground, 2 dead, 5 more in the injury box, until I barely had a player standing, he scored a winning touchdown to take the score to 2-1 on turn 15. At this point the game disconnected.

If the game could be validated so I can rebuy all my dead mans in preparation of next season that would be nice.Match validated.

Ergonomic Cat
04-12-2011, 08:16 PM
Howdy, all!

I'm throwing my hat in the ring to join the league. Coach name: Ergonomic Cat. I'm planning to try out an Amazon team, just to see how they work.

Vexing Vision
04-12-2011, 09:37 PM
My Seaside Sirens faced off against alh_p's Worldbeaters in a rematch - after scarring the Chaoscreatures badly two seasons ago, both sides were eager to test their skills against each other. With 170k inducements, the Sirens can't decide between hiring a wizard or bribing one of the referees with their feminine charm (in the form of swords, daggers and knives), and hiring a booth babe for additional... err.. charm.

When Wynde the Kicker successfully bats her eyes at the Ref in turn 3 after literally dis-groining the Worldbeater's Minotaur, the right choice was confirmed. Even though the receiving Beastmen break through and are forced to score early in turn 6, Khorne's army is down two players already.

The Sirens use the remaining two turns of the half-time and wreak havoc among the chaos warriors and beastmen - ending the half with 4 seriously injured and bedazzled Chaoslings (one of them from a failed dodge), a full team of Amazons and a score that is 1-1.

The second half continues as the first ended - the Sirens continue using their numerical advantage at full strength, and score an aggressive 2-1 in turn 12 after injuring another two Worldbeaters. The Sirens briefly considered stalling for an easy 2-1 win, but quickly decided to rather aim for another touchdown.

Another two KOs and one injury later, the game ends 3-1 for the Seaside Sirens, securing their ascension to the illustrious league of Champions.

It wasn't the dice. At least not on the Sirens' side, but alh_p's armor breaks and injury rolls looked like Nuffle was in for a real vengeance against his team. Apart from a single badly hurt Chaos Warrior, all other injuries were serious - I have never before felt so sorry for a Chaosteam in my entire time of playing BloodBowl.

Thanks for being a good sport despite the disastrous armour-rolls, alh_p!

Kelron
04-12-2011, 09:41 PM
2-0 victory over Sponge's Prefistoric gave my elves a chance to show off. The first touchdown was somewhat spectacular and must have been incredibly disheartening for Sponge as he saw the ball snatched out from his solid block of lizards and passed down the pitch. I'd been unable to slow his advance and lost a number of players to crowdsurfs and casualties. He took the opportunity to cage up on the side of the pitch to run the clock down while I marshalled my remaining forces to try and scare him into making a touchdown and leave me time to equalise. It perhaps worked too well, as I spotted an opportunity to dodge one of my AG5 players in down the sidelines to get a 2D block on the ball carrier, which knocked the ball into range one of my runners. He lobbed it up pitch to my other runner who'd been lurking in scoring range, who turned the tables and loitered next to the endzone until turn 8.

The 2nd half began with me receiving and a plan to make a quick touchdown to secure the match. A blizzard complicated matters by removing my ability to make long passes, but I managed to move the ball up the sidelines quickly with dump offs and Sponge could only get a lose screen of lizards between my abomination of a Witch Elf and the end-zone. AG5 made the chain-dodge less risky than trying to blitz a gap, so that's what I did and scored a second touchdown before he could box me in.

Despite ending the season on a high note I'm afraid I'm going to have to pull the Lampshades out over Christmas due to limited playing time. I hope I can slot back in with the same team at some point but no worries if not.

boots468
04-12-2011, 10:29 PM
After five seasons of giving up spp's by not wearing any armour and causing multiple injuries on my own team, I've decided to retire my vamp team. I've grown frustrated with every player being inept or unreliable, and after 15 games they have only had equal or better numbers with the opponent in the last quarter twice - once was vs goblins, the other was a game where every single piece of luck went my way - until my router exploded and the game had to be admined as a draw.

If the remaining Lizard Man slot is still free I would like to be them (If David Icke says they rule the world, that's good enough for me!), but if not I'll be Undeads please - AV8 regen-ing linemen (for just 40k!) would be ace.

jryan
04-12-2011, 10:45 PM
No word from Windward, and it's going on 11pm GMT so it'snot looking like it will happen this weekend.

Screwie
04-12-2011, 11:17 PM
No word from Windward, and it's going on 11pm GMT so it'snot looking like it will happen this weekend.

I recommend adding him on Steam and trying him directly there. I had no response from the forum community group or PMs, but sorted it out right away on Steam.

LowKey
05-12-2011, 08:18 AM
Division D ended last night with a 1-0 victory for me over Imirk, I kicked for the first half and managed to snatch the ball away to score on the 8th turn, unfortunately Imirk needed to go at the start of the second half which meant we had to end turn the rest of the game, was a shame as the first half had been close but ho hum

alh_p
05-12-2011, 11:42 AM
Thanks for being a good sport despite the disastrous armour-rolls, alh_p!

Hm. You couldn't hear me! :)

I think that does it for me with this team. It's been a pretty rough ride over the last year with them and my novice coaching skills have been laid bare all too often. On this occasion I had fairly appaling dice and I'm afraid VV did always seeem to roll a pow, but my errors in team management make it very hard for me to be competitive with better developed teams when the luck is against me.

The contrast with jarvis's much newer team in my previous match was striking, despite being a couple of 100 TV lower, his lineup had almost all players with at least 1 skill whereas I have a team with very strong concentrations of SPP. I have two level 5 beastmen who've hogged the TDs. Part of that has been due to tactical expediency - it starts with picking the ball up with a player who has surehands and ends with running the TD in with that same player because it's less risky than handing off.

I'm a little jaded by all this, I have to say i've struggled to get motivated for the matches of late (maybe that's just skyrim). I'm not sure whether to have a little break from BB or start a new team...

If I were to start a new team I'm then faced with the choice of a new race, although I'm not so sure about giving up a Chaos slot when they appear to be in such high demand. My only previous experience of multiplayer has been Dwarves, so I'm tempted by High/Dark Elves for a bit more nimble stuff (I've quite enjoyed having 3 AG4 beastmen) but I do so hate losing players that I might go with the n00b's choice of Orcs. Note that making other people cry rather than me has only a small bearing on this choice! :)

President Weasel
05-12-2011, 12:07 PM
Orcs are slow and far from agile. Your "chaos warriors" will be slower and clumsier than the ones you are used to, and your other players will be slower and lack access to as many skills as chaos. Although orc blitzers are great, I love those guys.
With any team you're going to have a tradeoff between winning the game and getting SPPs on the right mans.

You could always sack one of your overly levelled players, and do more handoffs with the other one...

And yes, I am having trouble playing Not Skyrim when I could be playing Skyrim - but I am trying to see it as a good way to extend my time with Skyrim rather than being dragged away from it.

Screwie
05-12-2011, 12:08 PM
Wait, there might be a Chaos spot going free??

Curses, but I only just started my dark elf team this season!

Vexing Vision
05-12-2011, 12:27 PM
I think that does it for me with this team. It's been a pretty rough ride over the last year with them and my novice coaching skills have been laid bare all too often.

Dude, your Novice Coaching got you into Division A - that's really not that bad. You also outplayed me very nicely when you made the break-away in the first half - my Amazons behave so elfy, I keep forgetting that they're only marginally faster than dwarves. Your atrocious armour rolls just made sure you didn't have enough mans left for the rest of the match.

Dark Elves are astonishingly resilient once they get Dodge or Block. The beauty of Elf-teams is that all the players are capable of doing scoring moves.

By the way, I'm seriously glad to see the Amazons getting some love again in the Divisions. It felt really lonely. (Still probably rerolling in a season or two, because I am really bad at the TV management.)

Gorm
05-12-2011, 01:17 PM
After five seasons of giving up spp's by not wearing any armour and causing multiple injuries on my own team, I've decided to retire my vamp team.

I have a similar problem boots, although i got a default win this season so i will stick with them for one more try. If its not fun i'll think about switching to skaven.

alh_p
05-12-2011, 01:49 PM
Dude, your Novice Coaching got you into Division A - that's really not that bad. You also outplayed me very nicely when you made the break-away in the first half - my Amazons behave so elfy, I keep forgetting that they're only marginally faster than dwarves. Your atrocious armour rolls just made sure you didn't have enough mans left for the rest of the match.

Thanks, but I'm meant to be the big bully here, with my oodles of St4 and horns and generally badass demeanor. Getting my entire team tonked by a bunch of (admitedly well skilled and dextrous) ladies in order to buy 2 beastmen the space to break away is not what I'd imagined Chaos to be about.

And for the record, I'm afraid I did not work my way up to Div A, i've bounced around between Divs A to 2 having started a year ago in either A or B as a result of my final position with a dwarf team from the DE edition of BB.

If there's no need to for me to jump immediately, I'll think on what to do and decide before the end of this season.

duff
05-12-2011, 10:15 PM
For the love of god, Duffin, win your match. I like my team too much to want them to get prematurely promoted again :(

It just happens to be your lucky day. I just got over the line 3-1 against Ininja's skaven. It was a game with quite a lot of bad luck. Several double 1's for both of us made the first half end to end stuff, and 3 offensive touchdowns were scored in the first half (2-1 to me). The turning point in the second half was my delfs crowdsurfing one gutter runner and knocking out another which severly blunted Ininja's offence. This forced Ininja into a risky hand-off on a marked gutter runner which was fumbled. Following turn I stunned his rat ogre and manage to pick up the ball so there was little Ininja could do to prevent the defensive touchdown in turn 16.

@ alh_p - I got so frustrated with my orcs getting out bashed by elves thats what made me change teams. Zons are much harder than they look because they usually have atleast 4 players with guard. But I think in my case it was just poor bashy play... so back to the delfs.

Vexing Vision
05-12-2011, 10:42 PM
@ alh_p - I got so frustrated with my orcs getting out bashed by elves thats what made me change teams. Zons are much harder than they look because they usually have atleast 4 players with guard. But I think in my case it was just poor bashy play... so back to the delfs.

I try not to stay in contact often enough to need more than my two Guard players. Maybe if I roll more doubles on my linegirls, but I am having way too much fun building two Killerblitzers.

Screwie
05-12-2011, 11:05 PM
Div 6: Dread Pool (Dark Elves, me) vs Halfsize Heroes (Dwarfs, JamesCoombs)

Just finished my match against James' dwarf team, who seriously seem to have had a terrible season so far. Multiple deaths had left his dorfs 7 strong (including only 1 blitzer, 1 slayer and 1 runner), and so he was filling in with many freebooters this match. I too, had to take a mercenary lineelf to replace the death from my last game. James spent his inducements on a temp runner and we were off.

It didn't start so well, as I KOed the trollslayer in my first turn and killed the dwarf blitzer by the end of the third. Oh dear. After a slight fumble with the ball delayed my drive (my AG 5 runner fumbled a dump off, and to make matters worse the offending block against him then rolled a skull), one of my blitzers trotted the ball over the line around turn 5. After the following kick, the game was just a lot of awkward shoving until half time.

The second half, the Heroes started stronger. The KOs and injuries had balanced out and both sides had 9 players on the pitch. The dark elves had trouble busting the cage that had formed around the ball carrier, but when the dwarf runner came within 2 turns of the end zone he made a break for it with a troll slayer and blocker in support. The dark elves rearranged their defence and suddenly three elves surrounded the dwarf runner before a fourth, a blitzer, came blitzing in and smacked the runner down. The Poolboys recovered the ball and tried to chuck it a short way to a lineelf on the LoS, but he buttered the catch.

The dwarfs, somewhat overstretched, still managed to get three men around the ball, but were unable to recover it before a lineelf hopped into the ruck, scooped up the ball and hopped out again, running as fast as he could for the end zone. The Heroes were tied up in tackle zones and unable to catch him before he ran over the line in the 14th turn.

The play that followed that was a lot of sound and fury signifying nothing.

Final score: 2-0 to the pointy-eared ones

There were several unlucky rolls on both sides in this match, James' blocking kept rolling and re-rolling skulls and my elfball failed more than it succeeded. Aside from the unfortunate death of yet another Halfsize Heroes player, there were not lasting injuries to either side.

Thanks for the game James.

WhiskeyTangoFox
06-12-2011, 02:04 AM
Just wanted to throw a fresh Amazon team into the mix. I'll add my info to the spreadsheet. Looking forward to the next season!

Vexing Vision
06-12-2011, 09:46 AM
Ugh. Don't drink and level-up, folks.

I have misskilled one of my Blitzers. I am not entirely certain why I was taking Jump Up instead of the Side Step I covetted, but that is what happened.

Oh well. At least the other two skill-ups worked out according to plan and makes my ladies a wee bit more bashy than before.

They're going to need it, I'm apparently 400 TV behind the predicted Division of Champs' average. That'll be fun! (Someone save a Lizard of Woodelf spot for me in season 17.)

President Weasel
06-12-2011, 09:50 AM
I am not entirely certain why I was taking Jump Up

Because your next skillup is going to be piling on?

Gozuu
06-12-2011, 10:13 AM
I play on the Easy Settings in Single-Player. I continously get crushed by my opponent. In most instances, they will be able to jump over my players tackle when they run past them, everytime I try, I get knocked out. Their success rate is way higher than mine, despite my units having more Strength?

Would anyone be so kind and inform me what the different attributes mean, as Strength obviously isn't playing any role in who can take down who and so on.

Screwie
06-12-2011, 10:18 AM

Mmm, Jump Up is one of my favourite elfing skills. Can't wait until some of my dark elves learn it. (Being able to stand and block without using your Blitz on a 3+ is awesome.)

desvergeh
06-12-2011, 10:27 AM
I play on the Easy Settings in Single-Player. I continously get crushed by my opponent. In most instances, they will be able to jump over my players tackle when they run past them, everytime I try, I get knocked out. Their success rate is way higher than mine, despite my units having more Strength?

Would anyone be so kind and inform me what the different attributes mean, as Strength obviously isn't playing any role in who can take down who and so on.

Not meaning to sound unhelpful but you really need to read the bloodbowl rules -

http://cdn.steampowered.com/Manuals/58520/Blood_Bowl_Competition_Rules.pdf?t=1296853431

There are a lot of aspects that you simply will not realise if you haven't been through the rules at least once. Still plenty of things I am getting wrong despite reading the rules at least 3 times.

I would also recommend the following site for some basic tactics -

http://bbtactics.com/

To answer your specific question -

Tackling has nothing to do with strength. The chance of dodging out of someone else's tackle zone is determined by your agility. Strength is instead important for blocking (and resisting being blocked). The reason your opponent is able to dodge well and you are not is that (presumably) he has a high agility and you don't.

On an unrelated note, how soon do I need to alter the spreadsheet if I want to switch to a new team?

Vexing Vision
06-12-2011, 10:30 AM

Not on my Guard-Blitzer. :(

I must have mixed them up. Oh well, they'll die sooner or later. (Though I have yet to lose any Amazon to death, and only had to let go of one for being -agi, -mv.)

Screwie
06-12-2011, 10:31 AM
On an unrelated note, how soon do I need to alter the spreadsheet if I want to switch to a new team?

As soon as you like, in the Next Season column put "R#" where # is the next unused number, followed by "{##}" where ## is your team choice, if you've already decided.

Obviously the limits on the Race Balance tab still need to be adhered to.

desvergeh
06-12-2011, 12:21 PM
As soon as you like, in the Next Season column put "R#" where # is the next unused number, followed by "{##}" where ## is your team choice, if you've already decided.

Obviously the limits on the Race Balance tab still need to be adhered to.

Thanks, and done :)

Lets see if I can fare better with a greener team!

President Weasel
06-12-2011, 12:31 PM

As has been said, you need to read the rules for them to make sense. Str affects how many dice you get when you hit someone, but that is also affected by how many assists each player has.
In all seriousness, join the Divisions, lose a couple of games, and you'll pick up far more about the game than you would against the AI (which is a bit of an idiot, and which also won't tell you where you are going wrong and give you advice).

Wolfenswan
06-12-2011, 12:42 PM
As has been said, you need to read the rules for them to make sense. Str affects how many dice you get when you hit someone, but that is also affected by how many assists each player has.
In all seriousness, join the Divisions, lose a couple of games, and you'll pick up far more about the game than you would against the AI (which is a bit of an idiot, and which also won't tell you where you are going wrong and give you advice).

This basically. I played the AI before entering the Divisions and all i got from that was lots of frustration at first and after I got an idea of the game and AI mechanics lots of false confidence.

On the other hand, reading bbtactis (especially the broad articles on caging etc.) and the Strategy section (http://fumbbl.com/help:Strategy) of fumbbl.com (not all of them apply to the cyanide game) proved to be really really helpful.

Tom OBedlam
06-12-2011, 03:38 PM
I also recommend the racial strategies on plasmoid they're really in depth and well detailed.

jryan
06-12-2011, 03:42 PM
Well, I was unable to reach Windward65, so I guess put us down for a 0-0 tie or something. It's fine with me since my Nords aren't ready to move up anyway.

ChainsawHands
06-12-2011, 03:46 PM
Thanks, and done :)

Lets see if I can fare better with a greener team!After all, green *iz* best...

Alistair Hutton
06-12-2011, 04:21 PM
Man what with all the injuries and deaths to my players I've got a very uneven mix of skills across my team now. Lots of skill ups but no cohesive vision now.

Feels kind of bloated.

Screwie
06-12-2011, 04:28 PM
Well, I was unable to reach Windward65, so I guess put us down for a 0-0 tie or something. It's fine with me since my Nords aren't ready to move up anyway.

That's a pity.

However a draw places you a clear second in Div F which means, since my vamps are leaving the league, you will be promoted :)

jryan
06-12-2011, 04:31 PM
Dag nabbit!! :)

Edit: Promoted without a single skill up.

Tom OBedlam
06-12-2011, 04:36 PM
Dag nabbit!! :)

Edit: Promoted without a single skill up.

Phew! That's a relief!

ChainsawHands
06-12-2011, 04:38 PM
Well, I was unable to reach Windward65, so I guess put us down for a 0-0 tie or something. It's fine with me since my Nords aren't ready to move up anyway.If you've tried to reach him and he's not replied, shouldn't that give you the win?

jryan
06-12-2011, 04:41 PM
Well, I was trying to not be promoted.

jryan
06-12-2011, 04:46 PM
My play style, and just being Norse in general, is really not conducive to playing dodgy Wood Elves. I likely would have lost that match.

I think I will have my Norse in hospital fairly shortly and be starting back at square 1 before long.

Nullkigan
06-12-2011, 04:57 PM
Norse are actually fairly good against Wood Elves because Tackle is a common second skill and five players have easy Guard access (two of whom are Str 4 and one Str 5 to boot). You also have Frenzy to negate some of the speed advantage. Everyone has trouble with those War Dancers and the 4+ leap>2+ dodge>2+ GFI(x2)>out of range routine, but that's why you keep a dirty player in the backfield ;D

jryan
06-12-2011, 05:11 PM
That's true. But we are playing 1000 TV teams here so I only have the out of the box skill set. Without the tackle skill my team is just a dirty, musky sieve when stacked up against wood elves.

jryan
06-12-2011, 05:15 PM
That being said, I once had a 3000 TV Norse team that was stacked with full block, shadowing and tackle and a smattering of AG ups. Games against Wood Elves were hilarious mayhem. All I did was put my mans on their mans 1 on 1 and wait for the turn over each turn.

Orcs and dwarves just laughed at that build though and made a few gallons of Norse Juice out of me.

Screwie
06-12-2011, 05:34 PM
Shadowing will mess you up, especially if you stick it on enough MA 7+ fellows. Most hilarious is watching a player who relies on Break Tackle start his move by dodging away from a Shadowing player...

jryan
06-12-2011, 05:41 PM
Heh, yeah.. good times. Against elf teams there was never an established LOS. You can almost feel the elf coach holding their breath every time they move a player out of a tackle zone.

Unfortunately it is really just a racial revenge build to throw at elfing elf bastards that doesn't work so well with teams that want to hit you.

It works OK on Stunty teams too, but not as well, and not on Ogre teams who want to clobber you anyway.

groovychainsaw
06-12-2011, 06:42 PM
Chaps, season ends offically Tomorrow!!! Make your excuses here if you need more time, I've already had pleas from one or two of you.

Additional discussion!: There's some sort of seasonal event coming up soon, and, as usual, we'll have to set up the next season to take this into account. I'm hoping we can get the next season started by the 18th Dec, which means week 1 will end 28th and the following week on the 7th Jan. That doesn't sound like too much of a stretch to me, but does rely on us getting started by next weekend/just before (not this weekend!). What do people think? Would you chaps like a longer window for the games over xmas? 15/20 days for the first game? I'm open to all suggestions, as always.

Screwie
06-12-2011, 09:28 PM
Balls, I have rolled a double on my dark elf lineman and no idea what I wan to give him. Sorely tempted to splash out on Piling On, half-tempted to give him Nerves of Steel, but both of those rely on getting him to level 3 in one piece before they'll pay off. I guess Guard will probably be the better investment...

Nullkigan
06-12-2011, 09:32 PM
Chaps, season ends offically Tomorrow!!! Make your excuses here if you need more time, I've already had pleas from one or two of you.

Additional discussion!: There's some sort of seasonal event coming up soon, and, as usual, we'll have to set up the next season to take this into account. I'm hoping we can get the next season started by the 18th Dec, which means week 1 will end 28th and the following week on the 7th Jan. That doesn't sound like too much of a stretch to me, but does rely on us getting started by next weekend/just before (not this weekend!). What do people think? Would you chaps like a longer window for the games over xmas? 15/20 days for the first game? I'm open to all suggestions, as always.

Start early and stretch 1.5/1.5/1.0? The 18th is a long time away!

drawlien
06-12-2011, 09:36 PM
I will need longer over Christmas - but Nullkigan's suggestion sounds good, as long as we can start before the 18th.

Sgt.Ragekage
06-12-2011, 09:41 PM
DIV 4

Just played my last match... holy nuffle dorfs are hard to play against! 3-4 players down... so lucky to get a draw. very enjoyable match very nice guy thanks cacamas. updated the spreadsheet. loving this league.

Cacamas
06-12-2011, 09:58 PM
Enjoyable game vs the Sarge which finished in a 1-1. 1st TD came in the first half for the RageCakes with a nice split of their team forcing my defence into two sections and opening it up for a blitzer to run over in the 5th turn. I nearly managed a response with Lokraz, my str 4 blitzer, breaking free with the ball in the penultimate turn of the half but a 1d smackdown from a black orc put a stop to that.

2nd TD came after some grinding at the LOS meant the Orcs were very thin down the right flank. The runners raced/toddled through and, despite some last-ditch defensive efforts, rolled over for the equaliser. Lokraz once again tried his best to race through in the final turns but was too far away to nick it. So it ended as it began, all square

NieA7
07-12-2011, 12:03 AM
I should be able to make my games over Christmas/New Years, especially if we can get the first done before and the second after. If the divisions aren't rolling by 18/19 then it'd probably be best to extend the first day or something.

Kelron
07-12-2011, 12:11 AM
Balls, I have rolled a double on my dark elf lineman and no idea what I wan to give him. Sorely tempted to splash out on Piling On, half-tempted to give him Nerves of Steel, but both of those rely on getting him to level 3 in one piece before they'll pay off. I guess Guard will probably be the better investment...

Guard is definitely the sensible choice.

If we had until the end of the year for day 1 then I may change my mind about dropping out, but I don't have a lot of time to play before Christmas. Obviously the entire league should be structured around my schedule.

Screwie
07-12-2011, 12:26 AM
I am watching responses in this thread and will model the stunty league schedule around the same time frame :)

Personally I'll concede matches if I have to, hopefully keeping that outcome to a minimum.

What I know right now is that I'll be visiting my parents between the 23rd Dec and 9th Jan. What I don't know yet (and won't until the 23rd) is whether or not I'll be able to sort out the router to allow my to play BB while I'm there.

Speaking of, if any other forum veterans would like to help out and admin the stunty league in my possible absence, it would be much appreciated.

smaug81
07-12-2011, 12:53 AM

If the game could be validated so I can rebuy all my dead mans in preparation of next season that would be nice.

What a game that was, too. Not nearly so one-sided as AH makes it sound. Indeed, for most of the first half it was largely a stalemate. Thanks to Laneford's Nurgle team, my Yeti was out for the match, and Alistair has more guard than me (and better players to bring it to bear with), so the match started off fairly even. I spent my ~200k of inducement cash on my usual wandering apoc and 2 babes, and upon winning the toss AH elected to kick. Given my lack of success with caging in my last two matches, I started off the game with a more screen-oriented offense. Although my runner fluffed the initial pick-up attempt, I did eventually get my hands on the ball and move it up towards the scrimmage line, which hadn't budged much in the first few turns. I failed to open up any substantial gaps in Alistair's line, and as he began to bring pressure to bear I retreated into a more solid cage, which I began to move towards the right sideline. I made some forward progress, but with AH playing containment and keeping his distance, I had few opportunities to block beyond my blitz each turn, which generally needed to be spent clearing away whichever player had bashed his way through a corner of my cage. Eventually I gambled on sending my runner forward with only an ulfwerener for escort, whilst trying to mark up as many of Alistair's players as possible. This failed to pay off, however, as AH managed to get a solid hit on my runner and knock the ball free. He subsequently recovered the ball and began to move players into my backfield for a quick scoring attempt. Around this point, though, my luck began to turn, as I injured three of his players in quick succession, including badly hurting his ogre. In light of this and my mounting pressure on his lines, he opted to take the ball deep into his own side of the field, keeping it out of my hands for the remainder of the half. No points on the board for either side as we headed into the locker room.

The beginning of the second half didn't look good for the Brolafs, in spite of having taken down a few of the human players. More than enough reserves were available for AH to still field a full team, and my attempt at a short kick (hoping to bring pressure to bear and force a quick turnover) went straight into the hands of a blitzer on the line of scrimmage. Alistair wasted no time in bashing my linemen clear and proceeded to build a spear point in the heart of my territory, aimed straight at the endzone. Everything seemed to be going right for him, dodge roll after dodge roll succeeding as players poured into my backfield. I scrambled to move my players back and attempt to break in on the heavily defended ball carrier, but I simply couldn't bring enough players in to effectively block his movements. The next turn saw AH easily break through my defenses and walk the ball in for a stunningly quick TD.

The babes must have slipped some ale to my boys at the sidelines, however, because they proved to be inspired to greatness from there on out. Receiving the kick from AH, I rapidly moved the ball to the scrimmage line, and this time sent my AG4 runner down the right sideline, hoping to spread out the defense a bit. Meanwhile, my cage moved gradually to the left and forward, and my team began to rack up the casualties, causing two injuries and a death. After a turn or two, my AG4 runner was just in striking distance of the endzone, and my ball carrier was in position to attempt a pass. Knowing that I needed to score quickly and then recover the ball again to have a chance at winning, I went for it. My runner successfully dodged away from his marker, and then made the 2 GFI's to get into the endzone. I cleared the markers who had broken into my cage away from my ball carrier, and succeeded in making another two GFI's to make it a Long Pass to the runner in the endzone. The first attempt failed, but my last team reroll was sufficient to make the pass accurate, and the catch succeeded for an improbably elfy touchdown.

Kicking off, I lined up in a long line across the line of scrimmage and again attempted a short kick, hoping to get the ball back quickly. With perfect timing, Nuffle graced me with a blitz. I moved a runner across the line to catch the kickoff, and then sent a lineman and a berserker forward to blitz the nearest defender. This time, however, Nuffle deserted me, giving me skulls. I thought I was sunk. But despite two attempts, AH failed to knock my runner down, though he did surround the ball carrier with several players. To all appearances, there was no way out that didn't involve dodging into multiple tackle zones. However, the players were packed in so tight that I was able to exploit frenzy on a blitz from a nearby ulfwerener to chain push my runner free of all but one marker, killing one of AH's blitzers in the process. My runner succeeded in dodging away and made a break for the endzone alone. Next turn, AH managed to blitz the runner, and thanks to wrestle, got him down. Again I thought I was sunk. But in another reversal, AH failed the pickup, giving me one last chance. I had been moving my other runner down the left side of the field, aiming for another pass attempt if necessary. In a stroke of luck, he was in range to sweep in, pick up the ball, and belt into the endzone for the winning TD!

An extremely improbable victory for me, and one that had me nearly jumping up and down in my room. I expect it was rather more enjoyable on my end of things than for poor AH, having to watch the match slip away in such a fashion (and with rather more than a little permanent damage to his team. . . sorry, mate). It also resulted in a boatload of SPP, a large number of that going to my level 2 ulfwerener, who was responsible for 4 casualties (and both deaths) alone. . . he's now level 3 (more mighty blow!). In spite of everything, Alistair was a good sport and a pleasure to play against. Bring on the next season!

Indefatigible Snoozer
07-12-2011, 10:53 AM
Attention NTW!

I break a cardinal rule and post in here re match organisation. I posted in the dedicated Group B sub-forum thingy (are we still using those?), but didn't get a reply. Haven't seen you online either.

I am only available tonight, as it happens, after 9pm GMT, otherwise it would have to be next week, during the week, as this weekend is no go.

Alistair Hutton
07-12-2011, 11:25 AM
An extremely improbable victory for me, and one that had me nearly jumping up and down in my room. I expect it was rather more enjoyable on my end of things than for poor AH, having to watch the match slip away in such a fashion (and with rather more than a little permanent damage to his team. . . sorry, mate). It also resulted in a boatload of SPP, a large number of that going to my level 2 ulfwerener, who was responsible for 4 casualties (and both deaths) alone. . . he's now level 3 (more mighty blow!). In spite of everything, Alistair was a good sport and a pleasure to play against. Bring on the next season!

A good sport?

I spent most of the first half typing "One" in various languages when ever you went to make a roll. It totally worked too with that botched pickup on the first turn.

Alistair Hutton
07-12-2011, 11:28 AM
Incidentally I will be away for the next few days so won't be able to re-division myself until Saturday/Sunday.

President Weasel
07-12-2011, 01:49 PM
That's done it, Snoozer. You can no longer be a cardinal.

Schizoslayer
07-12-2011, 06:39 PM
The Bullet Head Bills beat The Anunnaki 2-1 in Division E.

Somewhat demoralised by their managers decision to retire the team the Bills weren't on best form in the first half of the match phoning in a touchdown on turn 2. The Anunnaki then stomped their way past the Elves to a touchdown on turn 6. With 2 turns left in the half The Bills did what they always do with two turns which is try and score. With the ball expertly thrown and deftly caught the teams Star Catcher then failed to notice his cloak being stood on by a Saurus causing him to fall, drop the ball and pass out ending the first half 1-1.

The second half started with the Elves Kicker managing to punt the ball directly into the hands of one of his teams own linemen as he failed to account for the wind. Things changed for the Bills though deciding that if this was to be their last game they'd go out in style. The next 3 turns see the Bills putting constant pressure on The Anunnaki but failing to get the ball free. Then with the ball just 5 squares from their end zone they manage to knock the ball loose (as well as the Elf making the block). It bounces first to a Saurus then back to the stunned Skink then back to another Skink who catches it and is completely unmarked with an open end zone. The crowd is on their feet expecting a touchdown at any moment.

I forget exactly what happened next but all I remember is that rather than Scoring The Anunnaki get a turn over. Somebody failed a dodge or a block somewhere leaving that heroic Skink open and suddenly feeling very alone and small. Moments later the armoured fist of an Elven Blitzer clocks him across the back of the head. Said Blitzer then goes on to collect the ball from between two Saurus, dodge out and go for it to safety.

Seeing the potential for their only win this season the Bills take advantage of the fact that the vast majority of the Lizards are either in the Bills half or unconscious and they start to dodge the ball in a rubbish cage up field. With 3 turns left on the clock the Blitzer manages to make a quick pass to a lineman who runs the ball as deep into the Lizard half as he can. Two Skinks try to intercept but achieve nothing before his friends arrive in the next turn and form a cage around him.

Two turns left and the Lizards are still too far away to do much to threaten the Elven cage. To show off the lineman hands off the ball to a Catcher who then does a Quick pass back to him. With the Lizards unable to retrieve the ball in their last turn the Bills run it in for a 2-1 win.

Maybe the Bills won't retire just yet.

Mr Dragon
07-12-2011, 07:44 PM
Valiant appears to have fallen off the face of the earth; he hasn't been online in a couple of weeks.

ntw
07-12-2011, 07:52 PM
Attention NTW!

I break a cardinal rule and post in here re match organisation. I posted in the dedicated Group B sub-forum thingy (are we still using those?), but didn't get a reply. Haven't seen you online either.

I am only available tonight, as it happens, after 9pm GMT, otherwise it would have to be next week, during the week, as this weekend is no go.

Crap, sorry my bad. Been away for a few days taking the nippa to Hospital and I didn't realise the end of the season was rolling around so fast! I can't play until tomorrow night now, so if that's too late then award me the defeat.

smaug81
07-12-2011, 07:55 PM
A good sport?

I spent most of the first half typing "One" in various languages when ever you went to make a roll. It totally worked too with that botched pickup on the first turn.

Bah, I expect my opponents to pray for me to drop and smile a little when I do. Enjoying your opponent's failures is all part of the game.

darkweeble
07-12-2011, 11:03 PM
Axler just had a crash in our Div 6 game on turn 11 but he was wiping the floor with me and would likely have won 3-0 anyway. Is it possible to give him a 3-0 on the match?

Rakysh
08-12-2011, 07:21 AM
Just had a very fun game against Alini, which was surprising given the match up- I assumed that dorfs was going to be a massive slugfest. In fact, it was something of a comedy of errors, which my first one turn touchdown failing his rerolled 3+ dodge, the ensuing cage being well held up by a rapidly dwindling force of halflings and a break tackle treeman who seemed determined to fail his dodges and then lie down as much as possible, then failing the take root with a reroll once he stood up. The luck was not all against me though; both slayers went down in the first minute or two of the game, and the last gfi for the touchdown failed on turn 8, leaving the score 0-0. The second half lead to the cage finally doing its job and making it to the endzone due to me running out of halflings; I had one left on the field in turn 14 having started the half with a full team. Inevitably, the throw team mate failed, badly hurting the halfling in question. The game basically petered out at this point, which the stubby legs of both sides meaning a score was impossible. I would have awarded the MVP to the 4 ag freak of a dwarf runner who clearly thought he was an elf; he had the ball in his hands for something like 90% of the game and actually made dodges.

Rakysh
08-12-2011, 07:22 AM
Sorry, final score was 1-0. And also, I'm going to be taking a month off I think; exams are approaching somewhat.

Schizoslayer
08-12-2011, 11:39 AM
I just rolled +1ag for my rubbish Catcher and +1ma for my nerves of steel catcher meaning the Bills now have a player who is essentially a Str 3 Gutter Runner with Catch and NoS.

If ever there was a player that was going to hog all the SPP it's that one.

Anyway I'm still going to retire the Bills at least for one season while I try out an Amazon team.

DarkFenix
08-12-2011, 11:58 AM
Do bear in mind once you retire a team from the league it's very difficult getting them back in (TV and all that).

groovychainsaw
08-12-2011, 12:03 PM
Do I get to stay in division 3, or was I held to relegation? My 4 Colour Villains (Humans) vs Karandraz' Aggressive Negotiation (Lizards) would decide, 350TV between the teams adding Zara to my roster of comic book villains... (all credit to Jiiim for introducing ' bad paint writeups' as a match report option)

I receive, and spend a few turns caging up until turn 4, when it all changes...

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/2934/firsthalf.png

...which frees up bullseye for the touchdown.

In 2 turns left, Aggressive Negotiation put together a decent elfy play with Hague leading the breakaway...

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/998/firsthalfreturn.png

...I then surround the ball and Hague, but to no avail, the slippery git breaks free to victory (with hindsight, i should have attempted the risky pickup, most probably). 1-1, half time. All his Saurii are back, and my one KO has also returned. The next 7 turns(after losing one at kickoff thanks to a riot) are tense:

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1266/secondhalf.png

(I'm sure norris will be back with a suitably meme-y response)

So, in short, a 2-1, season-saving victory for me, with my team working incredibly effectively. For some reason Karandraz' lizards had swapped armour, his skinks proving invincible (1 KO all match, and that from a crowd push) whilst his lizards kept going off for a lie-down (6 KOs!). I managed to push them away pretty effectively and ultimately rolled more than double the block dice that Karandraz did, somewhat helped by my rolling only 5 skulls all game (Kar only rolled 6). Still, disappointingly no Cas means no levels again, but I should at least stay put/go up depending on how the season closes now, so am feeling more positive for this team. When the dice work out ok, it makes a big difference!

groovychainsaw
08-12-2011, 02:03 PM
Right, in addition to my match report, the season ended yesterday night! There's a few games outstanding, a couple I know about who will hopefully be playing on friday. If i don't hear from the others in here, I'll be defaulting the other games based on what's in the organising groups, as always. I'm hoping to get everyone applying this weekend, and if all goes smoothly, we should be going by the following weekend (18th at the latest). I think we'll creat an extra-long window for the first game to make life easier for people, so we will probably run from the 18th (or whenever we start) until something like the 5th Jan, then go into week 2. How does that sound to people?

Once again, if you haven't organised your game yet, post in here and let me know what's up! Otherwise you'll get defaulted tomorrow....

Screwie
08-12-2011, 02:06 PM
I think we'll creat an extra-long window for the first game to make life easier for people, so we will probably run from the 18th (or whenever we start) until something like the 5th Jan, then go into week 2. How does that sound to people?

Sounds awesome to me!

I am really curious to see who my dark elves will be facing next season...

Vexing Vision
08-12-2011, 02:23 PM
I am seriously stoked for the next season, it can't come early enough.

But I agree that with the impending doom of Christmas, a long, slow start will be a good idea.

duff
08-12-2011, 02:39 PM
Surely we won't need 10 days to get next season started? If we can get it done by the 15th that will give us an extra weekend before Christmas to play. You just need to crack the whip out GC, you kinky old beast.

ntw
08-12-2011, 02:41 PM
As mentioned, trying to arrange to play my match vs snoozer over the next few nights.

groovychainsaw
08-12-2011, 02:46 PM
Duff, I'm mostly going by the last couple of seasons. Each time its taken just over a week, and we still have a couple of people playing by friday this week. Soooo... unless it goes really smoothly, I think 18th is realistic. If we get going sooner, then all the better, but I think realistically, that's the date I'm aiming for

President Weasel
08-12-2011, 03:23 PM
Surely we won't need 10 days to get next season started? If we can get it done by the 15th that will give us an extra weekend before Christmas to play. You just need to crack the whip out GC, you kinky old beast.

you can try checking who hasn't applied to their divisions, and chasing them up on Steam chats. However there's only so much one can do to make the signups go faster, as I know from experience.

alh_p
08-12-2011, 04:38 PM
Ok, I'm going to restart with a new Chaos team. Rinse and repeat. Where's the quickload button?

Is that ok mr freindly dictator?

mrpier
08-12-2011, 06:06 PM
I'll get on making a skaven team tonight, I was toying with taking a rat ogre from the start, but I think I'll be conservative and go for this:
4 Gutter Runners
2 Storm Vermin
1 Thrower
4 Linemen
3 RR
Apoth

duff
08-12-2011, 06:13 PM
Ok, I'm going to restart with a new Chaos team. Rinse and repeat. Where's the quickload button?

Is that ok mr freindly dictator?

:O That seems like a waste? What's so bad about your current one.

@ GC + PW - Maybe we need to offer free dlc for everyone who signs up on time.

Jiiiiim
08-12-2011, 07:25 PM
chainsaw I particularly enjoyed the cleverly photoshopped image of William Hague falling over

DarkFenix
08-12-2011, 07:31 PM
I'll get on making a skaven team tonight, I was toying with taking a rat ogre from the start, but I think I'll be conservative and go for this:
4 Gutter Runners
2 Storm Vermin
1 Thrower
4 Linemen
3 RR
Apoth
I was similarly conservative in my starting skaven team, but I opted to take only two GR's so I could grab 7 linerats. Works nicely either way, minimally costly to bulk up the bench.

mrpier
08-12-2011, 08:26 PM
Right, got the team set up, just need to know where to put them, which could take a while I gather. :)

Scooby-Doo, Brian, Rantanplan, Spike, Snoopy, Pluto, Goofy, Ren Höek, The Tramp, Santa's Little Helper and Krypto are ready for action and slaughter (their own or others).

A little quiz then, the theme of the team should be obvious (it's fictional dogs), but where are the names taken from, hint: Scooby-Doo is taken from the animated show Scooby-Doo. Whoever gets it right first wins* a non-refundable promise from me that I won't try to foul their star-player out of the game **.

* Dependent on meeting this particular team and me in a good mood.
** No more than two times pr half at least.

groovychainsaw
08-12-2011, 08:59 PM
chainsaw I particularly enjoyed the cleverly photoshopped image of William Hague falling over

Yeah, my mastery of MS Paint knows no bounds - I do tutorials for £200 an hour

Rakysh
08-12-2011, 09:05 PM
"Scooby-Doo, Brian, Rantanplan, Spike, Snoopy, Pluto, Goofy, Ren Höek, The Tramp, Santa's Little Helper and Krypto are ready for action and slaughter (their own or others)."

In reverse order, Krypto the Super Dog, The Simpson's hound, the dog from Lady and The Tramp, the dog from Ren and Stimpy, Snoopy and Pluto of've Disney, Snoopy who's owned by Charlie Brown, Spike from Tom and Jerry (?), Rantanplan from the belgian comics, and Brian from Family guy.

Schizoslayer
09-12-2011, 12:19 AM
OK I won't retire the Bills just yet but I do want to play an Amazon team in a private league. I have some dump-off Nerves of Steel based plans I want to play with.

duff
09-12-2011, 01:22 AM
Yeah, my mastery of MS Paint knows no bounds - I do tutorials for £200 an hour

I'll give you £200 if you actually knock William Hague over.

ntw
09-12-2011, 02:18 AM
I'm defaulting my game vs Snoozer in DivB - mostly my bad that we couldn't get it played. Sheet updated, result not (yet) done in BB.

HughTower
09-12-2011, 10:33 AM
Right, in addition to my match report, the season ended yesterday night! There's a few games outstanding, a couple I know about who will hopefully be playing on friday. If i don't hear from the others in here, I'll be defaulting the other games based on what's in the organising groups, as always. I'm hoping to get everyone applying this weekend, and if all goes smoothly, we should be going by the following weekend (18th at the latest). I think we'll creat an extra-long window for the first game to make life easier for people, so we will probably run from the 18th (or whenever we start) until something like the 5th Jan, then go into week 2. How does that sound to people?

Once again, if you haven't organised your game yet, post in here and let me know what's up! Otherwise you'll get defaulted tomorrow....

Jarvis and I are unlikely to fulfill till Monday given our schedules. Since I've been a pain in the ass with my router problems, I should take the adminned loss.

Boo.

alh_p
09-12-2011, 11:47 AM
:O That seems like a waste? What's so bad about your current one.

Damn you mc duff, I now think I should go High Elfy... or Delfy... Damnit!

What IS the limit on teams of a given race nowadays? 4 or 5? We seem to have a couple of "overfilled" races. Back In my day things were much simpler.

I'm ashamed to ask but what do I need to do to record my desire to start afresh on the spreadsheet? Guidance on this doesn't appear on the 1st page of the thread or in the spreadsheet -or I haven't found it.

/senior moment

mrpier
09-12-2011, 11:56 AM
Rakysh - You are a winner! :)

ntw
09-12-2011, 12:06 PM

What IS the limit on teams of a given race nowadays? 4 or 5? We seem to have a couple of "overfilled" races. Back In my day things were much simpler.

I'm ashamed to ask but what do I need to do to record my desire to start afresh on the spreadsheet? Guidance on this doesn't appear on the 1st page of the thread or in the spreadsheet -or I haven't found it.

/senior moment

According to the sheet, the limit is 5 teams per race - none of them are over-quota.

To reroll a fresh team you need to put "Rx {Race}" in the Next Season Column (E) of the Season Info Tab on the sheet, where "Rx" signifies "Rerolling player number x" (look at the sheet and choose the next unused number) and the {race} should be fairly self-explanatory. :)

DElfs have one slot free currently, but there are 2 people ahead of you in the "rebooting queue" still to choose races, WElfs have 2 free slots.

/edit - looks like there's a Dwarf slot coming available with mrpier's reboot

Vexing Vision
09-12-2011, 12:40 PM
Also, I hear Amazons are becoming quite popular recently. Want a cat-fight, alh_p? :D

alh_p
09-12-2011, 02:00 PM
Ok, so bar two born-again skaven coaches, no-one else who is rerolling a team has specified their preference. I've plumped for Delf in the end, will take Helf as a second choice.

duff
09-12-2011, 03:14 PM

/senior moment

I didn't even mention elfs!? Or elves, whatever you call those fuckers.

DarkFenix
09-12-2011, 03:17 PM
Yeah at one point the number of people in the DoD got so ridiculous a 5 player race limit became necessary, then of course about 20 people dropped out over the next season or two. Doesn't really matter though, the limit is only there to ensure a wide range of races (read: to ensure everyone doesn't just play bloody elves) but the nature of RPS'ers tends to create variety all by itself.

duff
09-12-2011, 03:20 PM
to ensure everyone doesn't just play bloody elves

Says one of five chaos coaches. :p

JayTee
09-12-2011, 03:50 PM
As the only Khemri coach I feel a little like a redheaded stepchild :(

EDIT: Should I be doing anything funky with the spreadsheet to indicate my return to the divisions?

ntw
09-12-2011, 04:02 PM
As the only Khemri coach I feel a little like a redheaded stepchild :(

EDIT: Should I be doing anything funky with the spreadsheet to indicate my return to the divisions?

Just done it for you, I assume you're returning with Khemri?

ChainsawHands
09-12-2011, 04:11 PM
I didn't even mention elfs!? Or elves, whatever you call those fuckers.According to that nice girl from Doctor Who, the correct plural is "cunts".

(I believe they're only "elves" if they're the first-born children of Ilúvatar, which Warhammer elfs aren't.)

Schizoslayer
09-12-2011, 04:17 PM
I updated the sheet to reflect the fact that I'm not retiring the Bills. They get one more season. This is mostly because I hopefully won't be in the same division as some Dorfs and I just got a MA9 Catcher.

alh_p
09-12-2011, 04:25 PM
I didn't even mention elfs!? Or elves, whatever you call those fuckers.

Are you trying to get me to change my mind again? PUPPET MASTER?

What's wrong with my old team? Well they are all beaten up by amazons. And I'm a bit bored with BB. So I wanted to try a new team. Thinking about that, while i still liked the idea of being the scourge of the divisions, my chaos had morphed into a very bashy elf team but weren't very good at the bashing. So I'm going elf because I liked the mobility of Chaos and won't now delude myself as the ability to out-bash other teams. And as theres always a preponderance of bash in the divisions, I preffered Delf over Helf so i can stay in the fight a bit better.

Yes it'll probably all end in tears as some bully of the lower divisions stamps on my pixelated figurenes but i have some hope it will re-ignite some of my interest in BB and the divisions for a couple of seasons. And I will no longer be camping in the upper divisions, buoyed not by my success but by people starting teams afresh. So I'll have a clean slate and a fresh start.

Wolfenswan
09-12-2011, 04:26 PM
Promoted again? Well then, fear the wrath of my Str4 'zon.

alh_p
09-12-2011, 04:34 PM
Promoted again? Well then, fear the wrath of my Str4 'zon.

By then I might have some tackle and, with luck, an assassin. Happy Days!

duff
09-12-2011, 05:57 PM
alh_p - if your getting bored with BB playing a more mobile team will definitely liven things up. After playing dworfs and chaos I'm not surprised your a little tired!

Dark elfs are bashier than wood elfs but don't be fooled into thinking they are a bashy team, there is no strength access without doubles at all. But they do excel at exploiting an opponents weakness, rather than driving home a huge speed or strength advantage (like welfs or orcs), which should make every game different. One of my problems with orcs is that I basically felt like I was playing the same game, every game, not so with delfs. They tend to struggle against other running teams who have both str and agi access like zons, lizzies and necromantic because its hard to find an area to exploit. As for Welfs they can obviously score faster but you have to put up with av7 across the board, and the fact they look shit.

Schizoslayer
09-12-2011, 07:19 PM
alh_p - if your getting bored with BB playing a more mobile team will definitely liven things up. After playing dworfs and chaos I'm not surprised your a little tired!

Dark elfs are bashier than wood elfs but don't be fooled into thinking they are a bashy team, there is no strength access without doubles at all. But they do excel at exploiting an opponents weakness, rather than driving home a huge speed or strength advantage (like welfs or orcs), which should make every game different. One of my problems with orcs is that I basically felt like I was playing the same game, every game, not so with delfs. They tend to struggle against other running teams who have both str and agi access like zons, lizzies and necromantic because its hard to find an area to exploit. As for Welfs they can obviously score faster but you have to put up with av7 across the board, and the fact they look shit.

Delfs are not very bashy at all. A starting team probably can't afford a Witch Elf or Assassin (not that assassins are useful for much) and should go for getting as many Blitzers as they can. However due to the high cost of Elves in general this may still only be 2 if you want 3 rerolls. At which point you're playing as a High Elf team that has no Thrower and has to run the ball in.

At which the Delfs are VERY good. A running team with AG4 over the entire team only needs to break open a tiny gap and can dodge through a single TZ as if it wasn't there. Thing is ALL the Elf teams can do that and Pass as well.

Once you get a runner nerves of steel and pass though getting the ball away from a Delf team can be incredibly hard. Doesn't matter if they break the cage and block the runner with strip ball, wrestle and tackle he won't be holding the ball when he goes down anyway. I've played a Delf team with two runners both with NoS and nobody ever got the ball away from them if they were paired up.

I did plan to use a similar tactic with a Zon team using their throwers which is even better as they get Dodge and Pass. First two skill ups would be Dump off and NoS with Catch on a double and eventually block. A pair of Blodge dump-off NoS Runners are never going to let the other team get the ball.

Kelron
09-12-2011, 10:19 PM
Elf teams are ok with 2 rerolls. My preferred start for DElfs is 2 rerolls, 4 blitzers, a runner and linemen to fill out the team. A second runner and the witch elfs are nice to have for the increased mobility, but AV7 makes them a liability when undeveloped and you're better off getting an apothecary and hopefully some SPP for the rest of the team first. Assassins are totally optional and not especially useful in my opinion, although it is perhaps biased by the way stab never, ever works for me. The threat of it scares people and they tend to remove them from the pitch quickly.

Dump off is very useful however you play, either as added safety to get the ball clear if someone does break through to your runner, or as a riskier tactic to move the ball up quickly.

groovychainsaw
09-12-2011, 10:25 PM
Ok chaps, all divisions (bar C, which looks like Combat is about to concede his match after missing his final game...?) have ended now and I'm just working on positions for the next season. There's a few drop-outs meaning the usual musical chairs of promotions will be occurring. To help with this, returning players (hi Jaytee!) will be slotted in into an appropriate level according to their TV and where there's a slot to help keep promotions working ok, rather than the original rule of returning players joining in the bottom team. I think this makes sense, unless anyone wants to face Jaytee's high TV Khemri with a brand new team next season :-D. Rebooting players, of course, still have to work their way up from the bottom, alongside any new players ;-).

Additionally, Windward and Valiant, we could do with a post from either of you guys to let us know you're still alive. No response in the next few days will lead to us dropping you from next season, as you've been AWOL for a while. Likewise, anyone who wants to drop out or reboot and hasn't already, update the spreadsheet if you have/are! It helps :-).

NEW PLAYERS!: Hello! Post in here to let us know you're still interested in the next few days. If you don't post, you'll lose your place. If you do, look at the spreadsheet (after I post an update) to see which division you need to apply for in the game.

That is all, next post will be to let you know I've sorted out the promotions....

Heliocentric
09-12-2011, 10:32 PM
I am Heliocentric, I've never played the PC blood bowl game in multiplayer, but a long time ago I played the board game.

I am interested and have no intention in bearding this, its going to be outright extremism.

ntw
09-12-2011, 10:54 PM
Welcome aboard, first post contains a link to the master spreadsheet (posting from phone, otherwise I'd link it here), and some basic instructions which may or may not be out of date now - basically the sheet contains the most up-to-date info.

Schizoslayer
09-12-2011, 10:55 PM
I think the best reason to get an assassin is for early access to a player with shadowing if you are in an Elf or Stunty heavy league.

groovychainsaw
09-12-2011, 11:00 PM
Right, spreadsheet should now be up to date for season 15 (Crikey!). Go see where you have ended up! Once again, the lower leagues get disrupted by drop-outs far more, most second places have gone up after about div 3. guys at the very bottom, don't apply just yet, keep an eye in here, as if valiant and windward don't show, or anyone else drops out, you are highly likely to move (in an upward direction!). But it looks pretty sorted for now :-)

Kelron
09-12-2011, 11:13 PM
If we're not finishing day 1 until january, can I be a massive pain in the arse and change my mind about dropping out?

PS: I'll understand if you say no, seeing as it would mean shifting half the divisions around.

potatoedoughnut
09-12-2011, 11:24 PM
Applied/didn't move :)

DarkFenix
09-12-2011, 11:25 PM
Aha, after so many seasons I'll finally be meeting karandraz's lizards again. I wonder if I can maim another krox.

Can't apply to div C yet, what with it not actually being finished, but I'm in no hurry.

President Weasel
10-12-2011, 12:00 AM
Still in Division 2 so I don't need to apply anywhere. When I said I was glad not to get another promotion before I had some more skillups, I didn't expect you to stick Alistair Hutton's Altdorf Army in my division though.

Vexing Vision
10-12-2011, 12:48 AM
Jolima's vamps are massively scaring me.

I am so looking forward to that match.

Jiiiiim
10-12-2011, 12:53 AM
Just kill all the thralls ¬_¬

APPLIED to Division 1 sob sob relegation sob

NieA7
10-12-2011, 01:17 AM
Am I going mad or is Nullkigan in Div A and B at the same time?

President Weasel
10-12-2011, 01:25 AM
He can do that, Nullky Nullks has admin powers over reality itself.

But in all seriousness, Groovy, there does appear to be a multi-Nulk boo boo afoot.

Gorm
10-12-2011, 01:53 AM
Oh i'm in the letters for the first time. It seems like a demotion but i've actually gone from div 5 to D

Ergonomic Cat
10-12-2011, 04:06 AM
I'm still interested!

I swapped away from Zons - I'm not hugely committed, I just picked them cause they were relatively unused.

However, my favorite frustration only has one team, so I'm going to have to go Skaven. And probably go 0-3, but someone's gotta bring the plague to the masses!

low_drums
10-12-2011, 04:49 AM
I would like to give this a try. I haven't been playing for very long but I think a bowl between real people could be pretty fun. I am prepared to lose mightily!

I glanced over the spreadsheet but I'm not entirely sure what to put on it at this point (I understand the form, just don't have the information to put in it yet); I'd like to play a Norse or Necromantic team. If you can assign me a nice, n00bly division, that'd be good. A friend of mine may or may not be posting interest here too, so if possible I'd like to get into the same division as him.

My Steam name should be low_drums (as well as my BB online handle). What all I has need know?!

Screwie
10-12-2011, 05:08 AM
Elf teams are ok with 2 rerolls. My preferred start for DElfs is 2 rerolls, 4 blitzers, a runner and linemen to fill out the team. A second runner and the witch elfs are nice to have for the increased mobility, but AV7 makes them a liability when undeveloped and you're better off getting an apothecary and hopefully some SPP for the rest of the team first. Assassins are totally optional and not especially useful in my opinion, although it is perhaps biased by the way stab never, ever works for me. The threat of it scares people and they tend to remove them from the pitch quickly.

Dump off is very useful however you play, either as added safety to get the ball clear if someone does break through to your runner, or as a riskier tactic to move the ball up quickly.

I would mainly agree with this team selection priority, although I would still take 3TRRs. Unless you have a witch elf there at the start, a dark elf team will start out very lightly skilled even compared to other elf teams. No Dodge, no Pass. AG 4 can get you a long way but you will still want TRRs for the occasional 1.

Normally I'd go 2-3 blitzers, 0-1 runner, 3 TRRs and then fill with linemen and FF. My current dark elf team is experimenting with 2 blitzers, 2 runners to start, for a change.

Assassins are too specialised to be worth it. Stab is excellent against stunty teams and just below par on AG 7 teams (kind of useful for amazons, until you get Tackle), but the skill is not worth it against anyone else. I believe to get the most out of an assassin you have to de-specialise them, so they have something to offer against non-stabworthy opponents. But that's where their stats let them down. They need +1 Ma or +1 AV. As is they're too slow to be a catcher or blitzer, too lightly armoured to be a lineman. A dark elf blitzer with Shadowing will do a better job than an assassin. A witch elf too if she also has Block, Wrestle or Tackle.

EDIT: Haha oh wow, my dark elf team is facing three teams I played last season (albeit two of them with my surprisingly lucky vamps)!

Ergonomic Cat
10-12-2011, 05:25 AM
Skaven vs Amazon, Skaven vs Chaos.

I can't see how there's anything to worry about there!

MadDave123
10-12-2011, 10:04 AM
Ok chaps, all divisions (bar C, which looks like Combat is about to concede his match after missing his final game...?) have ended now and I'm just working on positions for the next season.Aye, I couldn't find Combat at all last night for our game. :(

laneford
10-12-2011, 10:42 AM
Oh god. Time for another season of crushing disappointment in the championship...

Jarvis
10-12-2011, 10:57 AM
Is it weird that i'm particularly looking forward to being in one of Jiiiim's match reports?

ntw
10-12-2011, 11:21 AM
If we're not finishing day 1 until january, can I be a massive pain in the arse and change my mind about dropping out?

PS: I'll understand if you say no, seeing as it would mean shifting half the divisions around.

IMHO - the best solution here is if you can go on standby for filling in any "high div no shows/dropouts". Subject to approval from our Benevolent Dictator of course.

ntw
10-12-2011, 11:26 AM
He can do that, Nullky Nullks has admin powers over reality itself.

But in all seriousness, Groovy, there does appear to be a multi-Nulk boo boo afoot.

Null should be only in B, I'll try and fix that later today. Snoozer seems to be invisible!

ntw
10-12-2011, 11:30 AM
I would like to give this a try. I haven't been playing for very long but I think a bowl between real people could be pretty fun. I am prepared to lose mightily!

I glanced over the spreadsheet but I'm not entirely sure what to put on it at this point (I understand the form, just don't have the information to put in it yet); I'd like to play a Norse or Necromantic team. If you can assign me a nice, n00bly division, that'd be good. A friend of mine may or may not be posting interest here too, so if possible I'd like to get into the same division as him.

My Steam name should be low_drums (as well as my BB online handle). What all I has need know?!

You're currently in the queue as Sub number 1, based on past seasons there's usually a few dropouts and noshows so there's a good chance we'll squeeze you in this season. When you decide your race if you can pop it in Column C (bracketed to keep the race counts honest), not sure if we'll be able to get your buddy in at the same time as you, but if you both post nice requests we'll see what we can do :)

/edit - apologies for the reply spam, it's too early for me to properly construct a coherent multiple point post :)

/edit2 - historical results tab updated with Season 14, IIRC Jolima won due to beating Alethron when they played

JayTee
10-12-2011, 12:46 PM
Just done it for you, I assume you're returning with Khemri?Cheers mate, yes very much back with my favourite clumsy skeletons :)

ChainsawHands
10-12-2011, 12:55 PM
Applied for division 1. I also took a pass through the divisions and accepted any outstanding applications, but I didn't start the season for any divisions.

LowKey
10-12-2011, 03:04 PM
hello admins, sorry if I am being a bit dense but I keep getting the following error message when attempting to apply for Division C - the action cannot be executed: applications are not accepted - thoughts?

duff
10-12-2011, 03:12 PM
Did you include the password: chainsawed

Ergonomic Cat
10-12-2011, 03:39 PM
Applied to Division F, though it shows to have 4 teams already - Low Hanging Fruit, Stake Dodgers, Blights, and Light Stamptastic.

smaug81
10-12-2011, 03:53 PM
Applied for my sideslip into Div A. Necros, Dwarves, and Wood Elfs. . . should be an interesting challenge.

LowKey
10-12-2011, 04:05 PM
Did you include the password: chainsawed

I did indeed

Ergonomic there will be the teams from the previous season that havent changed yet

Jiiiiim
10-12-2011, 04:14 PM
Firstly, is there actually a space in the division
Secondly, have you taken your team out of the division they were in.

President Weasel
10-12-2011, 04:16 PM
Don't worry if the division you are applying to appears to already be full, that will be because people from the season just ended haven't moved to their new divisions yet.

Do please remember to go right into "view league" and then apply from there - hitting "apply to league" from the league finder screen doesn't work properly, because Cyanide.

LowKey
10-12-2011, 04:32 PM
These are things I have done, not my first time at the rodeo etc

boots468
10-12-2011, 04:46 PM
Hi Clavin - do you much mind altering your race selection? You've pencilled in Lizardmen for your new team, but after I've re-booted my team, that race selection is over-full. It will have looked like there was still one spare, as when I was put into my new division, my race was still down as the previous one (vampires) (possibly I was meant to alter this myself earlier - this is my first time rebooting)

If you truly have your heart set on Lizards though, I could change my team. It seems that every race apart from Chaos is available, so there are still some fun ones left. And vampires ...

Ergonomic Cat
10-12-2011, 04:54 PM
Don't worry if the division you are applying to appears to already be full, that will be because people from the season just ended haven't moved to their new divisions yet.

Do please remember to go right into "view league" and then apply from there - hitting "apply to league" from the league finder screen doesn't work properly, because Cyanide.

I love that Cyanide is an entire description. I have reapplied that way to F!

groovychainsaw
10-12-2011, 07:04 PM
I'll be running through and sorting some things out tomorrow morning (bit afk right now), but I think lowkey might be failing if div c hasn't been ended yet. Just a thought ;)

Kelron
10-12-2011, 08:18 PM
IMHO - the best solution here is if you can go on standby for filling in any "high div no shows/dropouts". Subject to approval from our Benevolent Dictator of course.

Fine with me.

ntw
10-12-2011, 08:50 PM
Spreadsheet fixed, Snoozer is now visible again - I'm not entirely sure that is a good thing though...

NieA7
10-12-2011, 10:07 PM
Spreadsheet fixed, Snoozer is now visible again - I'm not entirely sure that is a good thing though...

Snoozer? Dorfs!? Should've kept my damn fool mouth shut, I've already had a kicking from him once.

Apropos of nothing (and obviously not trying to escape the fresh dorfs) I was surprised to see me in Div A and President Weasel in Div 2, did I seriously get more TDs/casualties than him last season? Apart from that one game against Smaug's Norse my mans have been kinda tame to date really.

low_drums
11-12-2011, 01:43 AM
You're currently in the queue as Sub number 1, based on past seasons there's usually a few dropouts and noshows so there's a good chance we'll squeeze you in this season. When you decide your race if you can pop it in Column C (bracketed to keep the race counts honest), not sure if we'll be able to get your buddy in at the same time as you, but if you both post nice requests we'll see what we can do :)

OK, thanks for the info. I'm gradually figuring out how everything works. He filled out a slot on the spreadsheet (Clavin) but I'll keep bugging him to post in here, too.

Are things pretty much filled out for the coming season, then? Is there a set date/time that it's supposed to begin?

Jiiiiim
11-12-2011, 02:34 AM
We fill as many divisions as we can, like, so there'll never be more than three people left waiting at the start of a season.

What happens now is that groovy tells us what divisions we in, about 75% of people apply, then he reminds them again, then all but like six apply, then they get chased up, people get moved around, switched, double-turned and whatnot. And then, eventually, the season starts.

This one's down for starting on the 18th.

President Weasel
11-12-2011, 05:10 AM
Snoozer? Dorfs!? Should've kept my damn fool mouth shut, I've already had a kicking from him once.

Apropos of nothing (and obviously not trying to escape the fresh dorfs) I was surprised to see me in Div A and President Weasel in Div 2, did I seriously get more TDs/casualties than him last season? Apart from that one game against Smaug's Norse my mans have been kinda tame to date really.

Hey, forget what I typed before. How come NieA7 moved across to the letters, but then up a division as well? Am confuse.

low_drums
11-12-2011, 07:53 AM
We fill as many divisions as we can, like, so there'll never be more than three people left waiting at the start of a season.

What happens now is that groovy tells us what divisions we in, about 75% of people apply, then he reminds them again, then all but like six apply, then they get chased up, people get moved around, switched, double-turned and whatnot. And then, eventually, the season starts.

This one's down for starting on the 18th.

Haha. All right, that's cool. I'll keep poking around then.

Tom OBedlam
11-12-2011, 09:10 AM
EDIT: Haha oh wow, my dark elf team is facing three teams I played last season (albeit two of them with my surprisingly lucky vamps)!

Strewth, you AGAIN? :)

how do I get the Blighters out of Div F to add them to Div 5? Its almost like Cyanide want to drive me slowly mad.

So.... Team building. What do people think should be the next bold step in the blighters' recruitment plan? I have 140,000 shiny gold coins burning a hole in my elegantly tailored pocket and I can't decide what to do with it. The Blighters currently number four blitzers, one with guard, and seven linemans, two with block and one MNG. Do I want an ogre to add some meat to my LoS and give me even more chance to smash the two elf teams this season, or should get a thrower and save for a catcher?

Alistair Hutton
11-12-2011, 10:18 AM
Applied for Division 2.

Alistair Hutton
11-12-2011, 10:38 AM
So.... Team building. What do people think should be the next bold step in the blighters' recruitment plan? I have 140,000 shiny gold coins burning a hole in my elegantly tailored pocket and I can't decide what to do with it. The Blighters currently number four blitzers, one with guard, and seven linemans, two with block and one MNG. Do I want an ogre to add some meat to my LoS and give me even more chance to smash the two elf teams this season, or should get a thrower and save for a catcher?

An unlevelled Ogre really doesn't do much against Wood Elves, their dodge makes them very hard to take down by someone who doesn't have block. On a Human team I find a Thrower pretty essential, for his Sure Hands alone. But then an Ogre is really useful just in general as a fearsome road block.

Jiiiiim
11-12-2011, 10:40 AM
Yeah ball-handling is your weakness there, get a catcher and a thrower in whatever order, then another catcher.