PDA

View Full Version : RPS Blood Bowl League - The many, many Divisions of Death!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

mrpier
10-01-2012, 07:33 PM
Ooh, AG5 gutter runner, he's going to be a menace (if he lives long enough). I'd prefer to get a second protection skill on him first, but I guess he'll level up fast.

Jolima
10-01-2012, 07:44 PM
So I did something silly.....

I was just levelling up my players to see what they got and I rolled a double 3 on my catcher, so I was looking at the possibilities. Somehow I managed to accidentally select confirm when MIGHTY BLOW was selected. Whilst this could have been MUCH worse, is there any way an admin could help me out and reset this please? I'm expecting that this is locked in but figured it was worth a shot.

Cheers

It's probably too late now, but if you've not yet exited the team management screen and you alt-F4 out of the game, you get to reselect it.

Pseudo310
10-01-2012, 08:22 PM
Ooh, AG5 gutter runner, he's going to be a menace (if he lives long enough). I'd prefer to get a second protection skill on him first, but I guess he'll level up fast.
I guess I need to give at least one of my orcs Dirty Player. ;)

DarkFenix
10-01-2012, 08:53 PM
If you don't exit the team management screen with the 'Save' button, I don't believe any changes get saved. But as Jolima says, probably too late now in any case.

Jolima
10-01-2012, 09:01 PM
I think levelling up actually does get saved if you just close it down without saving while buying/sacking players doesn't. Maybe that's been fixed now or maybe I remember wrong though. I'll try to remember to test it the next time I've picked a skill I actually want.

Vexing Vision
10-01-2012, 09:26 PM
As far as I know, the ROLL gets saved, not the selection. Even if you return years later to level up your player, he'll still make exactly the same roll.

On the other hand, I approve of anything that will help Jolima score a draw or a win against you, Ale, because I like the Champion's League and would love to remain here for at least another season.

Fond wishes?

Jiiiiim
10-01-2012, 10:39 PM
hello The Brain by the way, I think I blotted out your post with my massive wall of text there. Make sure you get some practice in before the divisions start so you can check your router doesn't have issues >_>

DarkFenix
10-01-2012, 11:06 PM
Ah yes, fyi mrpier someone has rolled on division E so you can get your day 3 games going whenever you like. Just logged in to do it myself and found it done.

With the levelling up that's my memory of it too, the roll gets saved no matter what, but the skill choice itself isn't saved until you actually tell it to.

And Lowkey and Sgt Ragekage you pair of big fat worthless sinners, you appear to have played your next game then gone and forgotten the spreadsheet (and thread too!). The acid bricks haven't been out in a while, they've been getting restless.

LowKey
10-01-2012, 11:24 PM
Bu bu we only played a couple of hours ago, how was i to know the admins would be so effective? It was a good game for me and some tough rolls for rage led to a 2-1 win for my boys, i bloody love my ghouls particularly the strength 4 freak

Wolfenswan
11-01-2012, 12:31 AM
So I did something silly.....

I was just levelling up my players to see what they got and I rolled a double 3 on my catcher, so I was looking at the possibilities. Somehow I managed to accidentally select confirm when MIGHTY BLOW was selected. Whilst this could have been MUCH worse, is there any way an admin could help me out and reset this please? I'm expecting that this is locked in but figured it was worth a shot.

Cheers

one day you'll be up against overwhelming odds, throw the riskiest of blocks with that guy and he will outright kill the highest ranking player of the opposing team. an ogre, probably.

Alethron
11-01-2012, 07:44 AM
The closing without saving technique has always worked for me in the past, but I think this time it stuck because I clicked confirm and then exited out without saving. I guess I'll just start pitch clearing. With High Elves. Ahem.

braindance
11-01-2012, 07:44 AM
So I've got the game installed, and am giving it my first bash tonight after work (about 4 hours time).

I've in the Steam group as gu.Braindance. If anyone sees me start the game up, feel free to say hi, and give me a lesson in the school of hard knocks, but be willing to let me know what I've done wrong that would be great :).

Cacamas
11-01-2012, 09:49 PM
Division 4: Cheese Dip Chompers 1-1 Dead Can-Can

A game not as tight as the scoreline suggests, I feel I got away with this one. Dragon scored his TD with ease, taking apart my defence from the kickoff and getting his ghoul free after 3 turns. He managed to delay the TD for two more turns before my closing ranks forced him over. A deep kick meant my little guys simply didn't have the legs to reply, despite some nice hits on the LOS, and the first half finished 1-0 to the undead horde.

I tried to vary my approach for the second half, splitting my attack onto both flanks and leaving a skimpy cage around my ball carrier. Initially, it looked like it was working and two casualties thinned the undead ranks also. But once I committed down a side, Dragon was able to recover and nearly managed to stop my attack in it's tracks. Knowing I couldn't protect the ball another turn, I blitzed a hole and ran through, leaving Dragon 3 turns to score with an outnumbered side. Matters were not helped by his ghoul failing to pick up the ball on his first attempt. Despite all this, his three mummies bashed through my left flank and the ghoul handed off to a wight who ran in GFI range of the end zone. With the mummies offering a very large screen and not enough defenders to stop a last turn blitz, I only had one good option. So my strip ball runner ran directly into the crowd and hit the wight in a 2D block against. Amazingly, this worked! He managed to push the wight back, knocking the ball one square behind him. This was just enough and so the game finished in a (lucky) draw.

ntw
11-01-2012, 09:55 PM
Validated.

smaug81
11-01-2012, 10:34 PM
Snoozer and I just finished our Div A match. 1-0 to the Brolafs.

The dwarfs received and started off the match well, getting a freebie KO on an Ulfwerener due to me setting up too close to the sidelines. He never recovered from the crowd push. As the first half wore on, however, the copious amounts of fend and some less than stellar block results made it difficult for Snoozer to make any headway. A few lucky injuries to one of his Troll Slayers and a Blocker made progress even harder, and the last few turns of the half trickled away with skirmishing over the loose ball.

As our teams were quite close in TV, there was no bribe to keep the Deathroller around. That plus the earlier casualties led to me starting the half at a 2 player advantage. Unfortunately for the dwarfs, that advantage only grew as the half went on, with KOs and casualties leaving only 4 or 5 dwarf players on the pitch by the end of the second half. The match more or less ended with my new Thrower running the ball in on my last turn.

JayTee
12-01-2012, 12:59 AM
Division 3

Rok-Ard Nobz (Orc - Grinn) vs. The Dead Comic Society (Khe - JayTee)

0 - 1

Bit closer in TV value this time around, with the Nobz getting 210k on inducements which they spent on a Wizard and a Babe. The Nobz had a couple of scary players from the Comic's perspective, an Str4 Blitzer and an Agi4 Lineorc but thankfully only had Block on a single Black Orc.

Kickoff gave the Comics an extra re-roll and in classic Khemri fashion failed to pick up the ball as it sat on their ride sideline. Some clever blocking (Resulting in an MNG for one of the Blitz-Ras thanks to a failed regen. Guess that's justice for all the successful regen rolls last game...) and a potentially risky move from a Thrower left the Nobz stealing the ball out from the Comics and successfully passing it over to the other side of the pitch where the Agi4 Lineorc easily catches the ball and is largely in the clear. The Comics scrambled to intercept and managed to knock over the new Ball Carriera, managing a Badly Hurt and the bouncing ball lands in the hands of a Thro-Ra but some silly placement and following up on Blocks leaves a clear route in on him.

Quick dodge away and support from a Black Orc allows the Nobz to blitz down and KO the Thro-Ra, with the Blitzer snaffling the ball up. He then tries to dodge away from his marker only to fall over despite burning a re-roll and the ball pops free once again. The Comics quickly surround the ball and the second Thro-Ra blitz clear of his marker and nabs the ball leaving 5 Khemri facing 2 orcs, one of which is on the floor. The Orcs respond by KOing the Comic's Dirty Player/Sneaky Git fouler (Who notably has failed to cause any injury from fouling. Sigh) and manage to get 3 players in contact with the ball carrier, and promptly lose a Black Orc to KO from a BD causing a Turnover. From this point till the whistle a lot of ineffectual pushing and shoving happens with the Comics failing to break through the Orc lines and the Nobz failing a couple of dodges/GFIs causing early turnovers with the only interesting result being a KOed Tomb Guardian.

Second half starts off with 2 KOed Comics, the Tomb Guardian waking up, and the single KOed Black Orc waking up so both teams field a full 11 players. Kickoff gives the Comics another re-roll and a shoddy kick leaves the Nobz collecting the ball and caging up directly in the centre. The Comics manage to get a Tomb Guardian in contact with the ball carrier and mark up, causing no real damage to the Orc line. The Orcs easily push aside the ball carrier's marker and with clever blocking allow a handoff to a Lineorc who races away towards the line, only to fail his GFI leaving the ball just 5 squares from the TD line. The Comics scramble to cover it, just managing to squeak a Skeleton in contact with the fallen-over Line orc and mostly mark up the Orcs.

The Nobz however manage to knock over most of the markers, Blitz down and stun the Skeleton and then fail to collect the ball themselves. The Comics respond by KOing the gutsy Lineorc and put 2 tackle zones around the ball, and mark up all but one of the Nobz. The Nobz manage some ineffectual blocks and fail a crucial 3+ dodge, resulting in a disappointing Turnover. The dice at this point seemingly abandon the Nobz and the Comics manage to nab the ball, KO a Black Orc, and form a cage just before the halfway mark.

Of course there's some brilliant misclicking which results in a Tomb Guardian attempting an "unlikely" 6+, 6+, 6+ set of dodges. Somehow he actually manages the first but the Comics not willing to burn a re-roll on a stupid move he collapses to the floor freeing up the two Orcs he was marking. But with Nuffle being a cruel master, the Nobz roll up double-skulls on their Blitz to break into the cage and their scary Block/Guard Black Orc falls to the floor. The Comics capitalise on this, breaking their ball carrier free and marking up the nearest Orcs heavily. The Wizard strikes out and lightning-bolts the carrier to the floor, but with Nuffle entirely abandoning them the Nobz roll snake-eyes on the armour roll and then cause a turnover with a Bothdown.

At this point the match is all but over, the Comics nab the ball again and knock over the closest Orcs leaving it impossible for the Nobz to even get in contact with the carrier let alone Blitz him. The Comics stall at the TD not wanting to risk a Riot kickoff or something equally annoying and the first action from the Nobz is double-skulls leaving the Comics to walk in the winning TD.

Really exciting first half there, we both had chances to score but with a bit of bad luck on both of us and some clever play we both managed to hem each other in. The second half started off in a similar vein, I was sure Grinn was going to score but that GFI fail really left him in a tight spot and from that point onwards the dice just seemed to go against him.

Slightly annoyed one Blitz-Ra is now missing my match with the woodies, and that MVP landed on a crapass skeleton again so no skillups, but definitely not regretting getting my third Wrestle Skeleton who seemed to really tie up the non-Block Black Orcs nicely despite the Str difference. Looking back at the replay (Which is how I typed up the match report) I saw a couple of silly mistakes I made on player positioning, that nearly-TD from Grinn could have been easily prevented by remembering to cover the whole pitch and not leave a route down the side with no TZs; not like that Skeleton I moved up did anything in the end. Gah.

Wolfenswan
12-01-2012, 12:13 PM
The Queens managed a lucky 2-2 draw against drawlien's woodelves. It was the first time I was facing a player-controlled AGI-focused team and I literally had no idea how to deal with them. Out-run and out-dodged left and right I had a few very lucky rolls in my favour that allowed me to break through his lines and form some kinds of running cages on the outer lines. The first half hardly saw any KOs or injuries besides my thrower getting MNG and only at the end of the second half several elf lineman went KO with one of his wardancers and his leader lino getting MNG.

desvergeh
12-01-2012, 12:53 PM
low_drums -

Are you out there? Been trying to contact you on the Division 6 message board to organise our match.

Or has low_drums dropped out? I notice that the week 1 match between him and clavin does not have a score attached.

Indefatigible Snoozer
12-01-2012, 01:51 PM
Snoozer and I just finished our Div A match. 1-0 to the Brolafs.

The dwarfs received and started off the match well, getting a freebie KO on an Ulfwerener due to me setting up too close to the sidelines. He never recovered from the crowd push. As the first half wore on, however, the copious amounts of fend and some less than stellar block results made it difficult for Snoozer to make any headway. A few lucky injuries to one of his Troll Slayers and a Blocker made progress even harder, and the last few turns of the half trickled away with skirmishing over the loose ball.

As our teams were quite close in TV, there was no bribe to keep the Deathroller around. That plus the earlier casualties led to me starting the half at a 2 player advantage. Unfortunately for the dwarfs, that advantage only grew as the half went on, with KOs and casualties leaving only 4 or 5 dwarf players on the pitch by the end of the second half. The match more or less ended with my new Thrower running the ball in on my last turn.

It should be emphasized that all the dwarfs that were not on the field were casualties. No KOs. At least two are missing the next game, but no long term injuries which is a silver lining. So Thick Skull and AV 9 = approximately snotling level armour.

The amount of Fend was very difficult to deal with. I think my team just needs a few extra seasons of development TBH. Almost everyone is Lvl 2, but that's really not cutting the mustard in Div A - need some stand firm, more MB and some other skill varieties to assist in some of these games.

DarkFenix
12-01-2012, 02:25 PM
low_drums and Clavin did play their match, they just didn't update the spreadsheet and appear to have dropped off the rader entirely. In fact neither of them has posted at all in the group thread, so the odds are pretty high they've both dropped out. A shame really, as nice as a default victory is for the wallet, they're both playing squishy teams you could have got some all-important SPP against.

Kapouille
12-01-2012, 02:28 PM
low_drums and Clavin did play their match, they just didn't update the spreadsheet and appear to have dropped off the rader entirely. In fact neither of them has posted at all in the group thread, so the odds are pretty high they've both dropped out. A shame really, as nice as a default victory is for the wallet, they're both playing squishy teams you could have got some all-important SPP against.

In the case of a dropout, what's the procedure? Do you get your team to score a victory in game vs a dummy team to get the cash etc.?

DarkFenix
12-01-2012, 02:37 PM
A defaulted game, whether against a dropout or someone who's simply awol, is set to 2-0 by the admins (no need for anyone to stand in). The team awarded the win gets 3SPP on two random players for the TD's, 5SPP on two random players for both MVP awards and double cash winnings (ie. the no-show team forfeits its MVP and winnings to you).

It can be very handy if you have a new team trying to build up money and not very good at earning SPP, or if you have a bunch of players injured. My current Chaos team benefitted enormously from this, of my first two seasons 3 of my games were forfeits in my favour :D.

Kapouille
12-01-2012, 02:38 PM
A defaulted game, whether against a dropout or someone who's simply awol, is set to 2-0 by the admins (no need for anyone to stand in). The team awarded the win gets 3SPP on two random players for the TD's, 5SPP on two random players for both MVP awards and double cash winnings (ie. the no-show team forfeits its MVP and winnings to you).

That's great, I didn't know the admins could do that in game!

alh_p
12-01-2012, 03:05 PM
The amount of Fend was very difficult to deal with. I think my team just needs a few extra seasons of development TBH. Almost everyone is Lvl 2, but that's really not cutting the mustard in Div A - need some stand firm, more MB and some other skill varieties to assist in some of these games.

That may be, but it sounds more like you had crap dice. I've experienced the same as you and the reverse. If you're not rolling Pow's against a "skill" team (Amazon, Norse) then it all feels a bit futile. On the other hand, if you get the (at worst) 1 in 6 chance, things can be radically different as such team's players tend to be a little...brittle.

smaug81
12-01-2012, 07:16 PM
The dice really were strongly in my favor most of the match. Aside from the one KO'd Ulfwerener at the beginning of the game (which was caused by the crowd, even), I suffered no other casualties. Even though my players did get knocked about a bit, they never suffered worse than a 2 turn stun. Meanwhile, Snoozer's AV8 and 9 seemed to make no difference at all, which was rather unexpected. It also didn't help that Nuffle decided to punish any risky play Snoozer undertook with skulls and injuries. Better luck with the dice could have made the game much, much harder for me.

ntw
12-01-2012, 08:25 PM
Few results validated and Div3 rolled on to Day 3

HughTower
12-01-2012, 10:53 PM
It should be emphasized that all the dwarfs that were not on the field were casualties. No KOs. At least two are missing the next game, but no long term injuries which is a silver lining. So Thick Skull and AV 9 = approximately snotling level armour.

Of course, objectively, I emphasise with your loss. As your next opponent, my fragile uber skilled woodies are delighted to be facing your team missing at least two of your overly muscled, steroid-fueled Weebles.

President Weasel
13-01-2012, 09:15 AM

Just out of interest, have their opponents sent them PMs? It might be worth doing as they may not quite have grasped the way the group works.

alh_p
13-01-2012, 08:55 PM
IN Div F, I'm also concerned that WhiskeyTangoFox hasn't got back to me on our match. He added me on steam a few days ago but hasn't answered my posts on the group page. I PM'd him today. Slightly conceerned becasue I'll only be able to play him on Sunday evening and will be away for the rest of the weekend...

Alistair Hutton
14-01-2012, 09:49 AM
Sigh, what is the lesson when playing elves? Don't let them have the ball. The Altdorf Army ignored that lesson and so duffin ran out a 2 - 1 victor in our match. Fucking Agility 5 elves. At least I killed one of them an put a Witch Elf in the hospital.

Afte about 100 games of Blood Bowl that game raised the total number of times I've fouled from 2 to 5, it all started when the Elves tried a 5 man foul on my Ogre that failed, it threw some switch in my head and the rage poured forth.

Heliocentric
14-01-2012, 10:28 AM
IN Div F, I'm also concerned that WhiskeyTangoFox hasn't got back to me on our match. He added me on steam a few days ago but hasn't answered my posts on the group page. I PM'd him today. Slightly conceerned becasue I'll only be able to play him on Sunday evening and will be away for the rest of the weekend...

I'll give him a kick when I see him.

ChainsawHands
14-01-2012, 01:04 PM
Sigh, what is the lesson when playing elves? Don't let them have the ball. The Altdorf Army ignored that lesson and so duffin ran out a 2 - 1 victor in our match. Fucking Agility 5 elves. At least I killed one of them an put a Witch Elf in the hospital.

Afte about 100 games of Blood Bowl that game raised the total number of times I've fouled from 2 to 5, it all started when the Elves tried a 5 man foul on my Ogre that failed, it threw some switch in my head and the rage poured forth.Only your hatred can make you strong enough to destroy them!

Kelron
14-01-2012, 01:11 PM
The Tiny Dancers (WElf, Hughtower) vs Deadly Lampshades (DElf, Kelron)

HughTower was the latest coach to be introduced to my super-statted Witch Queen (who unfortunately doesn't have an amusing or memorable name), as she blitzed into his cute little elf cage and removed the ball. That, along with a rooted treeman and some failed dodges, accounted for the first of my two touchdowns. 1-0 up and receiving in the 2nd half, things were looking good.

I moved quickly for the 2nd touchdown, as my frolicking woodland cousins had somehow managed to gain a numerical advantage, and made a fairly risky play relying on dump-off, and if needed my wizard, to cover me. Dump off and another charge by the Witch secured the TD. When the kick off began with a blitz for me, I began to underelfstimate HughTower. With the ball just inside range of my players, I made 2 GFIs to get a blitzer under it, but the next one failed and left him all alone in the middle of the opposing half.

The woodies quickly recovered and got the ball into a treeman-protected cage. I tried to repeat my first half antics. Frenzied into a 2-against block, Witch elf down and KOd. After that, their first touchdown was not long coming. But still, 3 turns left and I'm receiving, I don't need to worry.

Blitz!

A catcher makes 3 GFIs to sit under the ball, there's a thrower and a wardancer sitting nearby. But I've saved my wizard for just such an occasion, I should be safe enough if I throw a lightning bolt at the catcher and blitz the wardancer down.

1!

The catcher is still standing, forcing a change of plans. He goes down to a 3 dice blitz, my blitzer grabs the ball and makes a break for it. But he can't go far, and there's still plenty of wood elves lurking within striking distance. I could try to throw it up pitch, but I'm not sure I could get it far enough to stop them passing it back to my end. I try a hand off to a marked blitzer so he can dash into their half, but I have no rerolls left at this point and he drops it. Not looking good, but the woodies still need an assortment of blocks, pick-ups, dodges and passes to score...

Of course they made it.

Final Score: 2-2

President Weasel
14-01-2012, 02:37 PM
At least I killed one of them an put a Witch Elf in the hospital.

Thank you, thank you. Thank you a thousand times.

Pseudo310
14-01-2012, 03:45 PM
The Squigtown Stompaz (Orc) faced off against the Rattatatz (Ska) for the Division E championship in a pretty dramatic match. The score ended 2-2, though the Rattatatz were extremely worse for the wear with one player dead, and only three players left conscious on the pitch.

The game began with the Stompaz receiving and driving up the pitch, and knocking the Rattatatz out of the way. The first touchdown was scored with two turns for each side left on the clock. It was then that I discovered that a skaven team can score a touchdown in two turns, and they did.

After halftime, the Rattatatz received the kickoff and the Stompaz demonstrated their complete inability to learn from their mistakes, setting up with a backfield that allowed the 'Tatz to run in another two-turn touchdown. This left a lot of time on the clock, however, letting the Stompaz drive the ball upfield leaving Rattatatz casualties littered around the field, and then stalling on the touchdown line to prevent another Rattatatz two turn TD.

So it looks like we need tiebreaker rules to figure out who's going to be the DivE champ for this season. Great game, mrpier and the Rattatatz!

WhiskeyTangoFox
14-01-2012, 05:58 PM
Gents -

Apologies for not responding earlier with the match making. I keep forgetting to check the other board. I'll be more active in the future.

- WTF

Ergonomic Cat
14-01-2012, 06:01 PM
Helio and I finished our game. Skitter About "Won" the game, although I'm not sure a 3-2 win compensates for the death of my level 2 gutter runner and a -1 AV on my Storm Vermin (and that was the apoth reroll, from a -1 AV.

It was pretty much what you'd expect from the two teams playing. Just remember, there's a reason Skaven rhymes with Craven!

Heliocentric
14-01-2012, 06:18 PM
Helio and I finished our game. Skitter About "Won" the gameI re rolled a death early on, the player was back in the match 2 turns later and went on to cause casualties.

Levelled up my ghouls and I think one of my mummy's too.
The Cherry on the cake was a free Skeleton from the kill.

I lost? Who are you kidding.

edit: validation please, I think week 2 in F is now over?

ntw
14-01-2012, 08:08 PM
<snip>...So it looks like we need tiebreaker rules to figure out who's going to be the DivE champ for this season. Great game, mrpier and the Rattatatz!

It'll be down to net CAS + TDs (Casualties caused - casualties suffered + TDs scored - TDs conceded).

mrpier is on +7 TDs vs Pseudo310's +3 TDs so with only casualties to count (can't check from this laptop) mrpier has a 4 point advantage in the tie-breaker!

If it is still tied then the team with the highest TV is promoted.

Jiiiiim
14-01-2012, 09:35 PM
Although as it's a low division it's pretty likely they'll both be promoted regardless when someone higher up drops out >_>

groovychainsaw
15-01-2012, 12:38 PM
Week 2 ends today! There are matches not filled in in the spreadsheet! Makes your excuses now! Rolling over divisions that have finished for the final 'week'!

mrpier
15-01-2012, 01:06 PM
Got the damage report from my match against pseduo, one dead lineman, one mng/niggling injury lineman and one mng stormvermin, not too bad actually. Just one skillup for my horns GR wich I gave wrestle, will probably give him strip ball also.

NieA7
15-01-2012, 01:20 PM
I'm trying to set up my game with Sponge but it doesn't seem like he'll be available - I'm waiting to hear from him.

Heliocentric
15-01-2012, 02:19 PM
Forgot the spreadsheet and I can't do it on my phone. Will try to get to a pc later.

Ergonomic Cat
15-01-2012, 03:02 PM
Forgot the spreadsheet and I can't do it on my phone. Will try to get to a pc later.

It's updated now (I didn't do it - it was already done when I looked. ;) )

Heliocentric
15-01-2012, 03:31 PM
Fair enough, thank you mysterious google spreadsheet user.

Ergonomic Cat
15-01-2012, 03:31 PM
Helio and I finished our game. Skitter About "Won" the game, although I'm not sure a 3-2 win compensates for the death of my level 2 gutter runner and a -1 AV on my Storm Vermin (and that was the apoth reroll, from a -1 AV.

It was pretty much what you'd expect from the two teams playing. Just remember, there's a reason Skaven rhymes with Craven!

And in true Skaven fashion, another Gutter Runner has levelled up. He got himself a +MV. Which means he's now a 10 MV tackle bait. I'm hoping he survives to get to 3, so he can pick up a protective skill....

NieA7
15-01-2012, 07:36 PM
Sponge and I have scheduled our game for tomorrow evening, can we beg a teeny, tiny, so-small-it-hardly-counts extension pretty please?

Alini
15-01-2012, 07:44 PM
Ninja (Skaven) and I (Dwarf) played our match yesterday and the dwarves managed to Go For It (many, many times) to a 2:1 victory, after the very unfortunate injury of the lv. 5 Rat Ogre in the very first punch up.

Heliocentric
15-01-2012, 08:11 PM
And in true Skaven fashion, another Gutter Runner has levelled up. He got himself a +MV. Which means he's now a 10 MV tackle bait. I'm hoping he survives to get to 3, so he can pick up a protective skill....

Yunno a point of str would have protected him a little. And since you can't move off the pitch I need to question mv10 :p

Ergonomic Cat
15-01-2012, 08:36 PM
Yunno a point of str would have protected him a little. And since you can't move off the pitch I need to question mv10 :p

Didn't roll high enough for Str - I would have taken that in a heartbeat. He'll eventually (if he survives) be a Defensive player - block, side step, shadowing. He will be a huge pain in my opponent's ass, until he dies.

Heliocentric
15-01-2012, 10:06 PM
Didn't roll high enough for Str - I would have taken that in a heartbeat. He'll eventually (if he survives) be a Defensive player - block, side step, shadowing. He will be a huge pain in my opponent's ass, until he dies.

4 ups.
Zombie with a double (thinking, it seems a waste but maybe kick)
Ghoul with doiuble (block?)
Ghoul with regular (block!)
And a mummy with regular Guard or stand firm? Maybe jugganaut.

ntw
15-01-2012, 10:29 PM
Axler & me are playing tomorrow night.

duff
15-01-2012, 10:49 PM
Thank you, thank you. Thank you a thousand times.

What is this treachery!?

Heliocentric
16-01-2012, 12:23 AM
I settled for guard, guard, guard on my ghoul, zombie and mummy and I have a ghoul who I'll either get sure hands or block.

Yeah... I'm going to be brawling.

braindance
16-01-2012, 05:00 AM
So I've played a few vs CPU games as some random teams, and I think I'm getting the hang of it all now :)

So when do I need to decide a team, and get ready for the season?

duff
16-01-2012, 05:06 AM
The next season will probably start in about two weeks, so the sooner you can put your name and a team on the spreadsheet the better.

President Weasel
16-01-2012, 08:45 AM
What is this treachery!?

Well I need to play you next, after all. The fewer overdeveloped elves there are to vex me, the better.
I suspect I will still end up vexed and indeed irked, but Al's still due a thank you for trying to make my life better.

desvergeh
16-01-2012, 10:46 AM
Week 2 ends today! There are matches not filled in in the spreadsheet! Makes your excuses now! Rolling over divisions that have finished for the final 'week'!

No response from low_drums in division 6 regarding our scheduled match. Have tried here in this thread, on the division 6 board, and by PM.

Screwie
16-01-2012, 12:23 PM

Tom and I couldn't get our game together over the weekend due to scheduling conflicts, we are on course to play tonight though.

boots468
16-01-2012, 01:05 PM
No response from low_drums in division 6 regarding our scheduled match. Have tried here in this thread, on the division 6 board, and by PM.

Similarly, I've struggled to get in touch with the other div 6 player, Clavin, having tried in the group and by private message.

groovychainsaw
16-01-2012, 01:20 PM
Ok chaps, i'll be logging on tonight to sort out some defaults etc., so if we don't hear from them, I guess they'll have defaulted their game :-(. I'll be doing the same to any others who haven't posted in their groups etc., you have been warned!

Alistair Hutton
16-01-2012, 01:43 PM
Well I need to play you next, after all. The fewer overdeveloped elves there are to vex me, the better.
I suspect I will still end up vexed and indeed irked, but Al's still due a thank you for trying to make my life better.

Yeah, I need you to beat or draw with Duff and for me to win with a favourable casualty count and then I win the league. I realise now I totally should have fouled another elf, that would have helped my cause. Kick his AG 5 Blitzer in the nads.

President Weasel
16-01-2012, 02:00 PM
Yeah, I need you to beat or draw with Duff and for me to win with a favourable casualty count and then I win the league. I realise now I totally should have fouled another elf, that would have helped my cause. Kick his AG 5 Blitzer in the nads.

Think my team is still very light on tacklers so those blitzers are going to be very hard to actually hurt. If one of them fails a dodge or something, I will crowd round and stamp on his face for you. Otherwise I'll just try to maim his new-hires and replacements :)

alh_p
16-01-2012, 03:59 PM
Ok chaps, i'll be logging on tonight to sort out some defaults etc., so if we don't hear from them, I guess they'll have defaulted their game :-(. I'll be doing the same to any others who haven't posted in their groups etc., you have been warned!

On Div F, WTF called in yesterday and I in fact missed the opportunity to play our match. We've scheduled ourselves to play this evening though so match day 2 of Div F will be complete by tomorrow. Thanks for the forebearance of our mighty dictator.

groovychainsaw
16-01-2012, 04:09 PM
So al needs lot of Cas against my humans. Could be an interesting match. At least all of my blitzers (apart from a new hire) have mighty blow for picking up Cas :-). I need to win just to stay up (again!) so it's going to be a fun final round of matches in div 2!

Heliocentric
16-01-2012, 06:25 PM
Div F

Once you've wrapped that up we can swiftly get "week 3" underway, I wanna see my guys in action.

Tom OBedlam
16-01-2012, 07:23 PM
hopefully playing screwie tonight

DarkFenix
16-01-2012, 08:17 PM
Karandraz's appearances are their usual, that is to say I look on Steam and I see a grey name with "Last Online: X hours ago" and he's invisible in the group thread. Maybe he just really doesn't want me killing another krox?

potatoedoughnut
16-01-2012, 09:46 PM
Jarvis and I played our D3 Div 1 match with my Necros beating his Choas 2-0.

The teams were pretty even with only 10K team difference. I elected to receive and hung back with the ball while I pushed some wolves and wights up the flanks. There was a bit of bashing and I scored around turn 5 or 6. There was a blitz on the kickoff but a wolf failed a dodge trying to get under the ball. The next several turns were a mess off failed everything and a big scrum around the ball. We each had chances to break free with the ball, but pretty much everything ended up failing leaving it 1-0 at the half.

The second half the necros formed a wall in front of the chaos mans, which they couldn't really break through. A couple turns of early turnovers for the chaos lead to a lot of pressure on the ball carrier, but he was able to break free and a couple of beastmen and chaos warriors got down the pitch. With one turn left to go jarvis lept (leap beastman?) a beastman over his marker to get in scoring range. The 2d frenzy block (with a reroll) failed to knock down the ball carrier, so jarvis needed a dodge, another dodge, a pass, and a catch without any rerolls left. It started well, but the pass scattered. Then in typical BB fashion with the ball 2 squares from their goal line the necros then managed a pickup, 2 gfis, a handoff, 2 more gfis, a pass, and then a catch to go up 2-0.

In all it was a pretty even match. The dice were fairly mild for both sides (barring a couple failed easy rolls and turnovers for each side) and the block dice made it a bloody match with a death on each side and 2KO/4Cas sustained by the chaos and 2KO/3cas for the necros, still pretty even. In the end the maneuverability of my necros was able to pull ahead of the strength of the chaos.

I'm sad that one of my Flesh Golems died, they are a pain to get any SPP on, and this one just got block (finally) and now has to start over :(. It looks like jarvis managed to level his mino and his str 5 CW, so whoever plays him next, enjoy!

Thanks for the game jarvis! gg

Screwie
16-01-2012, 09:58 PM
Tom and I just finished our game... a hard fought 2-2 draw. Tom took the early lead with some excellent block dice, but then one mistake in the tail end of the second half turned out to be crucial, and allowed me to snatch the ball up and equalise in my final turn. Super game.

NieA7
16-01-2012, 10:12 PM
Sponge and I just finished our Div B game, 3-1 to my Necro's vs. his Lizardmen.

The scoreline is somewhat flattering as the Nurgle team that took out two saurses and the krox in the previous game did about as much work as my guys, and just to put the crowning turd on the cupcake Nuffle decided to brutally punish Sponge all the way through with a string of double ones, double skulls and armor breaks (9KOs suffered in all, of which I think about 4 or 5 were saurses). On the flip side the skinks seemed to be made out of iron, right up until about half way through the second half when I suddenly KO'd all but two of them in the space of two turns.

No serious injuries on either side, and I got a level up on a Wight and Ghoul (though the MVP went to a damn zombie). Nurgle next, the very team that was so effective at ripping the lizards apart...

groovychainsaw
16-01-2012, 10:28 PM
Validated, defaulted a few, there's a couple of games that appear to be being played tonight (form checking the groups) that i haven't done anything with yet, and combat and xercies sending messages but not sorted it yet. I'll set that to a draw tomorrow if they don't sort anything. Everything else validated and moved to week 3. Week 3 ends on the 25th!

New players, be aware, we'll be looking for your applications to come in shortly after that date and we won't hang around for you, if we don't see your application, so make sure you're around from the 25th to see what division you are going in and apply to join in the bloodbath :-)

Nullkigan
16-01-2012, 11:00 PM
Me and Maddave tried playing our div B match three times. My computer crapped out on kickoff once. His died twice, a couple of turns in and then in the second half. It was 1-1 at the time and it's now too late for a rematch. Admin draw?

WhiskeyTangoFox
16-01-2012, 11:02 PM
alh_p and I finished our Div F match.

Result: 1-0 Gridiron Maidens.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mourning the loss of Bloody Mary, as well as their captain still suffering from heat stroke from the last game, the Gridiron Maidens trudged their way to the pitch for week 2's match-up. In order to fill their numbers, several Bloodweiser Babes were enlisted to drop their pom-poms and pick up helmets against the Dark Elves. Naturally, the fans were not pleased with this and stormed the pitch at the opening kickoff resulting in almost half of the players on both sides stunned.

The violence of the fans encouraged both teams to forget their agile ways, and turn to the fists. A large cage was formed and through the dust and blood, an amazon player stumbled their way to the end zone. The remainder of the match was much of the same, a large cage, lots of bashing, and Nuffle cursing the Dark Elves. There were plenty of waves of Nuffle's hand causing the elves to stumble. Hopefully, the pendulum will swing back into their favor next week against the Necromantic CEOs.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall, the match was quite bashy and the dice were not kind to the elves. It was a well played match and with neutral luck, it certainly would have been a different result.

alh_p
16-01-2012, 11:02 PM
WhiskeyTangoFox and I just finished our game in Div F. 1-0 ot the amazons. sadface.

Pretty frustrating game -lots of bashing by teams not so great at it. Not sure what I could have done that much better, feels like i was slightly nuffled, but then I'm a sore loser :P

Still, another blitzer has levelled, which is nice.

MadDave123
16-01-2012, 11:15 PM
Me and Maddave tried playing our div B match three times. My computer crapped out on kickoff once. His died twice, a couple of turns in and then in the second half. It was 1-1 at the time and it's now too late for a rematch. Admin draw?*shakes fist in the air*

Curse you Nuffle... -_-

NieA7
16-01-2012, 11:32 PM
*shakes fist in the air*

Curse you Nuffle... -_-

*prays to Nuffle for equal flakery for his match*

Jiiiiim
16-01-2012, 11:43 PM
I've been looking for the secrets to my DIVISION ONE SUCCESS YEAAAAAH and I've updated the top secret lizard playbook.

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/3104/lizardplaybook.png

Jiiiiim
16-01-2012, 11:56 PM
On a related note: AAHAHAHHA one of my skinks just rolled +Ag. AHAHAHAHAHA.

DarkFenix
17-01-2012, 02:09 AM
One poor-man's gutter runner coming right up :P

Jiiiiim
17-01-2012, 09:24 AM
He's also got +Move which makes the transformation complete!

Screwie
17-01-2012, 11:31 AM
I have ntw's slightly-more-rookie-than-my-rookies Skaven team to worry about next.

Actually my dark elves are growing in experience quite uniformly. Both my Runners are on the cusp of level 3, and almost all the others are just shy of level 2 (iirc only two of my elven eleven have zero SPPs now). So while I'm still quite inadequate in the skill department, that's hopefully soon to change.

ntw
17-01-2012, 11:44 AM
Since we've had to administratively draw the last game as well my "completely rookie Skaven team" may still be without the 3 (?) MNG's I picked up and with only a single SPP between the lot of them. They may well be the rookiest rookie team ever...

In fact the teams marketing department are already preparing for the only opportunity they see in the immediate future by starting a campaign for "Rat Jam".

MadDave123
17-01-2012, 09:10 PM
Not sure what's happened in the sheet, but my week 2 game vs Nullkigan is marked as 3-0 to me? Is this intentional?

*is confused*

Heliocentric
17-01-2012, 10:12 PM
Not sure what's happened in the sheet, but my week 2 game vs Nullkigan is marked as 3-0 to me? Is this intentional?

*is confused*
What do you remember the score being?

Nullkigan
17-01-2012, 10:22 PM
Me and Maddave tried playing our div B match three times. My computer crapped out on kickoff once. His died twice, a couple of turns in and then in the second half. It was 1-1 at the time and it's now too late for a rematch. Admin draw?

*shakes fist in the air*

Curse you Nuffle... -_-

Didn't get an answer so Nuffle only knows.

ntw
18-01-2012, 09:15 AM
Admin draw sounds fair - if it's not too late and someone hasn't already validated the auto-result? I should be able to have a look tonight and check.

mrpier
18-01-2012, 10:46 AM
Groovy, other admins, I'll be afk between 21-28 jan, although I don't think there will be a problem regarding the start of a new season, since it usually takes more than a couple of days to set up now.

ntw
18-01-2012, 07:39 PM
@ Nullkigan & MadDave123 - eww, it looks like someone validated the 3-1 result then rolled the day on. Sorry chaps, nothing we can do to roll this one back.

I've changed the score on the sheet to 0-0 so at least promotions, etc will be correct.

WhiskeyTangoFox
20-01-2012, 07:53 PM
Quick update: Ergo and I finished our match last night and it resulted in a 2-1 victory for the Gridiron Maidens.

The crowd must still not be pleased with me as my entire 5 man front was wiped out by the mob rushing the pitch on the opening kickoff.

Nuffle must have had a vendetta against the rats as they were often on the short side of the blocking dice.

It was a very physical game as the speed of this Skaven team could not be underestimated. There was only one long term injury in the match: one of the rats suffered a pinched nerve. The other two would-be deaths were saved by the apothecary.

Overall, it was an enjoyable match that has certainly obfuscated the standings of group F.

Heliocentric
20-01-2012, 11:48 PM
Quick update: Ergo and I finished our match last night and it resulted in a 2-1 victory for the Gridiron Maidens.

The crowd must still not be pleased with me as my entire 5 man front was wiped out by the mob rushing the pitch on the opening kickoff.

Nuffle must have had a vendetta against the rats as they were often on the short side of the blocking dice.

It was a very physical game as the speed of this Skaven team could not be underestimated. There was only one long term injury in the match: one of the rats suffered a pinched nerve. The other two would-be deaths were saved by the apothecary.

Overall, it was an enjoyable match that has certainly obfuscated the standings of group F.

I know, if I win my match vs alp_h 3 would have people have 2 wins.

Go count touchdowns and casualties, how many Dark Elves do I need to kill to win the league?

Vexing Vision
22-01-2012, 11:45 AM
Urgh, so laneford and me played our Champion's League match yesterday, and it was a real eye-opener in which my girls finally got the armor rolls they've been so masterfully avoiding for the past 20 games.

A dead linewoman, a -AG thrower and several major injuries later, a game in which nothing worked and everything went wrong ended with a 1 to 0 for laneford's Nurglings. laneford lets me charge his troops first, but instead of inflicting any damage, I roll a total of three 1s at the LoS in an attempt to bypass the nurgle warriors' smell. Zara fails to stab a rotter and gets badly hurt in laneford's first turn, as well as a KO and another badly hurt for the girls who failed to bypass the Nurglings protective fetid aura. I have to apoth my Agi 4 linewoman in turn 2 to save her from death, and from then on it's all downhill.

A couple of desperate attempts fail by rolling double 1s on pretty much every single even remotely important dodge roll, and laneford manages to cover his carriers admirably but without much difficulty against my severely outnumbered Amazons.

This will be a fun next season - I'll need a bit more work to get back into the Champion's League after that beating!

grinn
22-01-2012, 01:56 PM
Me and Wolfenswan finished the last game of division 3 which ended 2-1 to my orcs. Exciting game with a first half seeing Wolfen's slippery ladies refusing to go down to the green muscle. The Rok 'Ard Nobz focused (unsuccessfuly) to hurting the S4 catcher and put just enough pressure to encourage them to score without getting too much in the way of their scoring. The plan worked with a Turn 5 TD for the ladies, giving a generous 4 turns to respond with my own TD. After some shoddy rolling and a thorny lock-down in mid-pitch, I lost the ball, which got surrounded by angry chicks. A series of tricky push-backs later the ball goes on a bouncing spree ending on an already moved blitzer. Thankfully, Nuffle smiled on turn 7, with a jog up-field from a blitzer and a pass to Rowdi 1, my ag4 lineman, who was waiting in the endzone for the hopeful pass.

The second half was a slow grind up the second half. With a few knockouts and a groin strain, the amazons were outnumbered and found it increasingly hard to keep up their screen. A sidelong rush from my MV boosted thrower saw my cage shift considerably further upfield and after that it was pretty plain sailing.

With two turns left the zons opted for avoiding the hurt rather than try to equalize. Great game Wolfen, very well played!

HughTower
22-01-2012, 03:49 PM
MD3 Div A. Greenfingers III (HughTower) 4 - 1 Dwarven Giants (Indefatigable Snoozer)

Twas a game that felt tighter than the score suggests up until about T12 at least. He had 520kTV to play with and hoovered up Zara and a wizard.

IS let me drive first. We broke through his lines on T2 and managed to hold off till T4 before the vice closed in on my fragile little pixies too much for our liking. The only CAS was a line-elf who fell under the wheels of the Deathroller. 1-0 Greenfingers.

Kick-off turns in to a blitz event. Under pressure, the dorfs spill the ball, the woodies pounce and score. 2-0 Greenfingers.

Next kick-off see the clock go back and Snoozer has some success battering his way down the touchline. However, his runner has to make a run for it to get in scoring distance in time which leaves him exposed to a successfully blitzing Wardancer. The Fingers fail to convert the (slim) chance to run in a third before the HT whistle. My tree successfully takes out Zara and one of those irritating blocker thingummies.

IS gets the ball back in the start of the second half and grinds his way neatly down the touchline for his first TD of the game round about T12. 2-1.

Next turn is pivotal. Fingers are in control barring any mishaps, but The Giants get a Blitz event. Unfortunately for IS, I've remembered to defend against exactly that eventuality and he's kicked it deep, so he can't really put any heavy pressure on the ball. He does try however and, in doing so, leaves a weak spot in his defensive line that can be exploited relatively risk-free. We do what woodies do best and break out far fast into his half. He can only put his diving tackle blocker on the ball carrier, but he's without support and it's an easy thing to find a 2d block to push him off. 3-1 Greenfingers.

Can't quite remember our 4th but it only came about because Snoozer had to take a risk or two. Personally speaking I think the game was won when my Treeman decided to have a perfect game, bossing the LoS even when the Deathroller was about, standing up without a fuss, often tying up 2 or 3 dwarves at a time throughout the match and inflicting 2 CAS in the game. For once, the MoM went to the right player.

I think that means Kelron's got to put 4 past Smaug to win the division (or 3 with a very good CAS/TD ratio). Go Smaug!

Thanks for the game, Snoozer.

Wolfenswan
22-01-2012, 07:02 PM
The queens lost 2-1 against Grinn's nobz in yesterday's match.

It was a good match with the luck (or lack there of) distributed evenly. I scored early in the fourth round (and in hindsight should have stalled) while Grinn barely managed to squeeze through in the seventh and even out the score. He had a hard time getting my ladies to fall with most of them having block or wrestle added to dodge by now. A lucky ball drop left it in the hands of one of his Blitzers though and he managed to throw that pigskin into the hands of his AG 4 lineman who scored.

The second half I was a bit too eager on taking that ball from his carrier that I got my ladies to involved into the cage melee. He managed to slip out over the left flank and I failed a few critical (first dodges) I would have needed to navigate back into a defensive position. Score in the 14th round and 2-1 for grinn.

Only one casualty in form of a MNG on my blitzer (apo'd to MNG, great) and a few KOs on both sides.

somanyrobots
23-01-2012, 12:48 AM
The Lycanthropes received the kick, setting up for a right-side drive. BBE shoved their way through, getting an ogre and a snotling onto the ghoul carrying the ball; but the Lycanthropes got him out, killing a snotling in the process. After a handoff to a wight, the ball quickly moved towards BBE's endzone. Several snotlings caught up and slowed down the offensive, while everybody rolled awful dice all around. The ogres got into play too, and the Lycanthropes were quickly bogged down, just steps from BBE's endzone. BBE took down the wight with the ball; a zombie recovered the rebound, and failed a desperate dodge free. Two injuries (both healed by regen) had given the ogres a man advantage on the pitch, and another tackle put the ball in a snotling's hands. But a failed teammate-throw put it on the ground again, where it was recovered by one ghoul and handed off to the other, who ran it in for a turn 6 touchdown. BBE were unable to score on their two turns of possession, and the half ended 1-0.

BBE received to start the second half, and had a promising series of hits. But the Lycanthropes responded fiercely, killing an ogre and injuring a snotling. The ogres got bogged down right at the center of the field, failing to make any forward progress and getting pretty savagely beaten by the necromantic mob. But! BBE managed to sneak a hole and hurl a snotling down the field. However, two ghouls caught up to him, took him down, and recovered the ball. Meanwhile, a series of incredibly (unfortunate) dice rolls had the pitch literally empty of snotlings, pitting an entire Necromantic team against just four ogres, with four turns left in the half. The Lycanthropes moved the ball steadily downfield, mobbing three of the ogres and blitzing the pesky Break Tackle ogre who just wouldn't sit still. A turn 15 score by a werewolf closed the match. 2-0 Lycanthropes.

A thoroughly enjoyable match! Despite some shit luck with the dice (for both teams in the first half, mostly for DarkWeeble in the second). I'm afraid he may have to retire his team, with two injured ogres, another dead, and a dead snotling, but time will tell. My compliments to DarkWeeble for keeping his good humor despite what had to be a frustrating match.

drawlien
23-01-2012, 09:45 AM
My Woodies faced JayTee's Khemri yesterday afternoon. The Khemri team lived up to their stereotype of barely being able to pick up the ball until it's too late and were fortunately feeling a bit weak and only caused a couple of injuries so I was able to win the game 2 - 0. In fact there was more blood in JayTee's house than on the pitch as he had to go and help his housemate halfway through the match when she cut open her hand!

The sequence of the match was in the 16th turn where my wardancer stripped the ball from a Blitz-Ra only for it to be caught by a TG. He promptly injured the lineman attempting to bring him down and then attempted a pass which was successful! Fortunately, this was deep in JayTee's half so he was not able to capitalise on the skill of his TG. This player got a well deserved MVP as well.

So thanks to JayTee for the game, hopefully you didn't spend too long in casualty last night.

Screwie
23-01-2012, 10:16 AM
Div 5: Dread Pool (Dark Elf, me) vs IWTNH (Skaven, ntw)

This was a bloodless match, no casualties on either side. It was nevertheless really hard-fought, with manoeuvring and precision blocking from both teams.

The skaven scored quickly in the first half (the dark elves wanted their turn at receiving so pressured the rat to get over the line rather than stall). The dark elves responded with a cage drive on the rats' right flank, that spun to the left when they were just in scoring distance, equalising to finish up the first half.

The second half, the dark elves were due to receive again. This time they tried the left flank, but the rats were pushing back harder. Then came the double-KO of an elf blitzer and the only dark elf lineman with Guard, and the dark elf cage wasn't going to last much longer.

A blitzer and two linemen had been left free on the right flank, and advanced down the pitch for a passing play. The dark elf runner spun out of the cage and threw the ball... only for a stormvermin to get a 6 on the intercept roll! :(

No elf could catch him, although again they pressured him to get a move on and score. Three turns left to play, the dark elves could still equalise-

Riot, and the ref lets the turn run on.

Bugger.

Okay. Two turns is still just about do-able...

In the end, the skaven's effective and weirdly neatly-arranged defensive positions won out. The dark elf ball carrier had to make 5 dodges, 4 of them into multiple tackle zones, without TRRs or Dodge, just to be able to reach the end zone. He didn't make it.

2 - 1 to IWTNH

In the end the game came down to that one interception, and I'm still kicking myself for it. To get a safe throw would have required 2 GFIs and the stormvermin interceptor was marked, so my choice looked like the safer bet.

I realise now that the best bet would have been to pass the ball to the right-flank blitzer before he ran up the field. Still, live and learn.

ntw got a few skill-ups for his team, including a double on a GR. I too got a couple of skill-ups, including another double. So now I have two linemen with Guard for next season :D

Hell of a game ntw.

ntw
23-01-2012, 11:12 AM
Nicely summarised Screwmeister.

I probably should have made you work harder for the TD at the end of the first half, but you deserved the score. The double-KO was a blessing from Nuffle - one from an armour break (finally!) and one after I chain-pushed your bloody guarding Lineself off the pitch (I was quite pleased with that move :) ), which put the pressure on you to run out and try the pass. Luckily my StormVermin aced the interception (Nuffle's Karma finally swinging around?) and I managed to comprehensively box in your travesty of an AG5 Runner (who I was in terror of all match) to secure the score.

My beautifully neat defensive formation successfully kept you out in the dying seconds to hold on for a 2-1 win which has gone some way to restoring my enjoyment of the game, after what felt like a series of disastrous matches.

+1ST on a GR and with another GR and a SV levelling also, and my team is looking considerably better than it did before the match.

Cheers for the game, properly tense stuff.

Also Cheers to my opponents this season - top blokes all, and I'll finally get to play you soon Axler. :)

groovychainsaw
23-01-2012, 11:23 AM
Me and Alistair Hutton played yesterday morning. It was always going to be a close thing, 2 human teams with only 100TV between them. My team leans heavily on mighty blow (6 seasons of facing bashy teams tends to do that to you), whilst als is more rounded, with more dodge and guard.

I had to win to stay up, anything else would have seen me relegated so I was strongly motivated.

Al opted to kick, so I set up pretty conventionally. The sunny weather (-1 to pass) changes to nice, which is... nice. My bashing on the line goes very well, with 1 KO and one stun immediately. I picked up with my dodge/block blitzer and ran 2 catchers deep into al's half. Al counters, blitzing into one of my catchers (2 turn stun) and marking up the other, whilst holding defensive pairs in the middle. The only good news for me was it meant my 2 catchers were tying up his 2 best blitzers (being the only guys with tackle). The rest of the half was a bit of a grind. Turn 3 saw me injure the opposing ogre (apo'd to badly hurt). I scored another injury shortly afterwards. My cage pushed down the right, and a couple of pushes on his players shifted them off the pitch and left al desperately short on numbers. I stalled out until turn 8, trying (and failing) to do any damage.

Considering I'd taken 6 players off the pitch, 4 coming back on at half time seemed harsh :-) (one KO recovered but the ogre and 2 other pushes off the pitch were always going to return). Half-time passed, leaving Al one badly hurt and one KO. My team had been relatively unharmed so far, but al had a full team and was on the attack. Rain started, making the ball more slippery than usual. Al attempted to get in behind my right hand side, and i bashed his catcher until he got pushed off the pitch. I closed the net on his thrower on the line, a lot of bashing on the line went on, but no team was moving. After 4 turns of hitting, a small gap opened in my line and al dodged 3 players through to form a half cage. One knockdown from my ogre left a catcher and a lineman free to get into the undefended half of the cagw, a both down result against a wrestle carrier meaning the ball was spilt. I then freed up my line and brought another 3 players around the ball, including my blitzer with guard. It was looking somewhat safer. Al bashed around the ball but couldn't get onto it, scattering it towards the centre. I did the same, getting on the ball but failing the pickup and leaving it slightly open. I score 3 KO's in one turn here, opening up the pitch a great deal, and taking the annoying stand firm ogre off the pitch again. Al picked up and on the following turn threw the ball to a blitzer who failed the catch. My thrower, deciding it was turn 14 and a catcher was lurking upfield, dashes in, makes the pick, makes the dodge, and then fluffs the pass, scattering it away from my players and well within range of al's second thrower. :-S. Al makes the pick and goes for the pass downfield which scatters onto his other blitzer who makes the catch, but had already moved. A failed dodge leaves the ball carrier open, who I surround and then knock down. The ball spills into the hands of my ogre. Well, thats as safe as anything, I guess, when he's surrounded by my players already.... Another failed attempt to get support in from al leaves me, turn 16, with the ball in my ogre's hands. He hands off to my thrower (burns my last reroll), who runs upfield and throws a pass to my waiting catcher. who runs it in to end the game 2-0.

Too close for comfort at the end there, my crazy pass that scattered completely free on turn 14 was a bad idea, it turns out. Very nearly let al get back into the game right at the end. As it was, my team had tied his up nicely, both teams cancelling each other out for the most part in the second half. My mighty blow was not as effective as it could have been (although mighty blow+tackle made short work of al's catchers), but my general amounts of block and guard saw me through in the end. 3 levels for me, all rolled 9's (why can't i get a 10, game, why?), so ogre got stand firm (because it IS annoying), lineman got block (almost got kick, but not quite yet, and i like having lots of annoyingly resilient linemen roadblocks) and my thrower finally got accurate (he's been on 15 SPP for about 10 games - you'd think a thrower could get 1 SPP fairly easily, wouldn't you?), giving him accurate to go with his strong arm... he should prove pretty useful with that combination.

President Weasel
23-01-2012, 12:48 PM
I'm surprised and impressed you beat Al Hutton, I couldn't make a dent in his humans with my chaos mans (the same chaosmans who maimed their way through your formation in our last game). Now my game with Duff is the division decider - if I win, I go up. If Duff wins or draws, he goes up.
If I lose, I get relegated (same points as mr Hutton but worse head to head), and if I don't lose then Al gets relegated. Exciting!

Alistair Hutton
23-01-2012, 02:09 PM
I'm surprised and impressed you beat Al Hutton, I couldn't make a dent in his humans with my chaos mans (the same chaosmans who maimed their way through your formation in our last game). Now my game with Duff is the division decider - if I win, I go up. If Duff wins or draws, he goes up.
If I lose, I get relegated (same points as mr Hutton but worse head to head), and if I don't lose then Al gets relegated. Exciting!

It was the MB tackle that did for me, knocking down and out my Catchers and also causing my Blodging Blitzers trouble. Basically the groovester hunted down all my harrying/scoring threats and systematically disposed of them, I really need to get Guard back on my new Blitzers.

I completely cocked up a 1 turn touch down attempt at the end of the first half when, with the very first action I blitzed from the wrong position. Groovy fails to mention that at the end of the first half he stalled with the ball on the TZ line but I dodged away my start blitzer who smashed the ball carrier to the ground scattering the ball into the TZ area. I suspect some beads of sweat formed on his brow - I however elected to keep my blitzer still rather than attempting to dodge-go for it-pickup to secure the ball. that turns out to have been a big mistake - even a failed dodge might have got the ball off the pitch by falling onto it.

In summary grooveychainsaw is a heartless merciless killing machine who does not feel human emotion.

groovychainsaw
23-01-2012, 02:12 PM
/Edit - wrote this whilst al was posting, its mostly a reply to PW. I did hunt down and kill al's catchers though, that was true. And totally forgot about his last minute dash to hit my ball carrier in the first half. Bit of complacency had set in there...

Yeah, i think the difference for me was not rolling a succession of 1's like i did against your chaosmans. Every skill roll i made against you seemed to fail me. I also didn't suffer any injuries at all against al, just a pair of KOs in the second half. I had him down to 5/6 players by the end of the first half, which is why it was galling to see them all stroll back on for the second half.

I remember my cage trapped in the middle of your swarm of chaos in the second half and my players all just pushing, which was not an effective tactic against chaos. I guess al might have given you more trouble because he has more dodge on his players, making them a bit harder to knock down/tie up? I'm not sure what else though, we have pretty similar teams, with mine being a bit more bashy thanks to mighty blow and lots of block, and al having 2 throwers, a fraction more guard and an MA9 catcher.

ChainsawHands
23-01-2012, 02:15 PM
In summary grooveychainsaw is a heartless merciless killing machine who does not feel human emotion.This is true. He once fouled a man in Reno, just to watch him die.

duff
23-01-2012, 03:05 PM

To be honest it was a travesty of justice that I beat Al Hutton and drew with groovy. This season has been a pretty miserable one and I've lost a level 2 blitzer, a level 3 thrower, a level 2 lineman and my witch elf has a niggling. Going into the last game unable to get relegated and with a shot at winning is quite bizarre and one of those quirks of fate (Greece winning euro 2004 style).

groovychainsaw
23-01-2012, 03:13 PM
I'm still cross with myself for clicking 'end turn' by mistake in turn 15 against you Duff, instead of selecting more players to hit your ball carrier. There's no guarantee that 2d block would have worked, mind, but I'd rather have made the hit than left you to dodge away for that draw ;-).

/mumblegrumblemumble 'rookie mistake' mumblegrumble

Aside from my griping about poor dice and poorer mouse control though, div 2 has been really good this season, all close games with well-matched teams and good coaches, making for an exciting finish to this season, which i can be even more heartfelt about now that I'm not getting relegated ;-)

/oh, and the Reno thing was just a misunderstanding...

Alistair Hutton
23-01-2012, 03:17 PM
Hex. Hex, hex, hex, hex, hexhexhexhex.

President Weasel
23-01-2012, 05:28 PM
Hex. Hex, hex, hex, hex, hexhexhexhex.

Reflect-o-hex!

Whew, that was close.

Heliocentric
23-01-2012, 06:28 PM
Reflect-o-hex!

Whew, that was close.

*awards Weasel the medal of hono(u)r*

NieA7
23-01-2012, 06:43 PM
Read in Tooth and Claw (Necro, me) vs. Fly Soup (Nurgle, MadDave)

A game played under a blood moon – ensuring that regenerate would never work for anyone, anywhere, ever – involving a fair bit of bashing, a lot of standing around looking significantly at one another and a moment of brilliance from a lone ghoul.

After winning the toss Tooth and Claw decided to receive and push for a slowish touchdown (the theory being Nurgle would be too slow to score in 3 or 4 turns, and folk are less likely to get smeared over the pitch on defence). A slightly weighted-to-the-right setup was punished when the ball scattered to the left, right where the block/mighty blow/claws pestigor was lurking. Sure enough, at the first opportunity the 'gor struck, stunning a Wight on the corner of the cage but leaving himself within frenzy distance of the sideline…

A full turn of careful manoeuvring and blocking later and a wolf just managed to blitz the pestigor into the crowd, who promptly killed him stone dead. Shortly after that the only mighty blow Nurgle warrior was sent off for fouling a downed golem (whose armor didn't break anyway), leaving the chaos side somewhat de-fanged for the rest of the match. Two zombies had been injured and another KO'd in the meantime though, forcing a Necro TD on the sixth turn just to stop the golem abuse: 1-0 to Tooth and Claw.

The rest of the first half, and most of the second, was made up of the Necro's standing ever-so-slightly out of reach of the Nurgle's, who couldn't quite punch through or dodge around. At last, with two turns to spare, the cage crumbled around the edges, allowing a wolf to sneak in and blitz the ball carrier down.

Cometh the hour, cometh the ghoul. With the ball free there was a tiny, tiny chance the Necro's could score another TD, and I hate letting a good chance go untried. Now I've been a bit harsh on my ghouls in the past (mainly due to their inability to safely dodge into open space): here and now I take all those complaints back, and promise to give them a nice cup of tea and a biscuit before and after every game. Throwing caution to the wind Toe Breaker dodged around the rotter in front of him (4+, 4+), picked up the ball in a tackle zone (4+), dodged out (3+) and finally made the 2 GFI's he needed to have even a chance of scoring next turn –all without using a single re-roll, skill or team. Apparently that's a 5.8% chance. What a guy.

The Nurglites couldn't quite reach him in the following turn, leaving a clear run in on the final turn of the match (including 2 GFI's, passed without a re-roll of course):2-0 to Tooth and Claw. Thanks to MadDave for being a pleasure to play against in a game that must've been deeply unrewarding for him, from a dead level 4 pestigor to grim luck with the dice. Toe Breaker's move earned him a deserved MVP, both taking him to level 4 and painting a large "punch me" sign on his head for future matches. All in all this means for the first time ever Tooth and Claw actually have a shot at a legitimate, earned promotion, provided Nullkigan's DElves don't win their last game.

Come on you skinks!

JayTee
23-01-2012, 06:58 PM
My Woodies faced JayTee's Khemri yesterday afternoon. The Khemri team lived up to their stereotype of barely being able to pick up the ball until it's too late and were fortunately feeling a bit weak and only caused a couple of injuries so I was able to win the game 2 - 0. In fact there was more blood in JayTee's house than on the pitch as he had to go and help his housemate halfway through the match when she cut open her hand!

The sequence of the match was in the 16th turn where my wardancer stripped the ball from a Blitz-Ra only for it to be caught by a TG. He promptly injured the lineman attempting to bring him down and then attempted a pass which was successful! Fortunately, this was deep in JayTee's half so he was not able to capitalise on the skill of his TG. This player got a well deserved MVP as well.

So thanks to JayTee for the game, hopefully you didn't spend too long in casualty last night.I got nicely nuffled in this match with the block dice generally refusing to throw up anything but Push when it mattered (Though did cause a few injuries to the woodies here and there, but not on the important players) and the amazing spate of being entirely unable to pick up the bloody ball no less than 8 times in a row (That's a 1 in 256 chance there folks...) which meant on the return drive I was entirely unable to move the ball up the pitch. A sloppy mistake in the first drive resulted in a fairly easy TD for the woodies as I left a corner open on the cage which the woodies easily snaffled up and romped in a well deserved TD.

My niggling injury skeleton finally died, he took that injury in my third game and stubbornly refused to get injured again, but finally my crapass rolling did him in. That TG was unbelievable, neatly picking up 8 SPPs in that match thanks to MVP, an injury, and being perhaps the only TG in existence to successfully complete a pass.

Annoyingly he didn't roll a double so I'm left pondering what to get him with Stand Firm or Grab being the only real choices I feel. Probably leaning to Grab, as a TG he doesn't get hit that often as Str5 makes getting strikes a fairly tricky deal and my Block TG is my goto guy for standing up to other big guys. So Stand Firm is probably wasted, while Grab gives me some potential options.

Not too late in A&E with my housemate, managed to get seen reasonably quickly and were in and out in about 3 hours with 5 stitches to her name and me picking up the tab for dinner as she got all woman-like and emotional and I'm weak when it comes to weepy women :p

laneford
23-01-2012, 07:26 PM
Urgh, so laneford and me played our Champion's League match yesterday, and it was a real eye-opener in which my girls finally got the armor rolls they've been so masterfully avoiding for the past 20 games.

A dead linewoman, a -AG thrower and several major injuries later, a game in which nothing worked and everything went wrong ended with a 1 to 0 for laneford's Nurglings. laneford lets me charge his troops first, but instead of inflicting any damage, I roll a total of three 1s at the LoS in an attempt to bypass the nurgle warriors' smell. Zara fails to stab a rotter and gets badly hurt in laneford's first turn, as well as a KO and another badly hurt for the girls who failed to bypass the Nurglings protective fetid aura. I have to apoth my Agi 4 linewoman in turn 2 to save her from death, and from then on it's all downhill.

A couple of desperate attempts fail by rolling double 1s on pretty much every single even remotely important dodge roll, and laneford manages to cover his carriers admirably but without much difficulty against my severely outnumbered Amazons.

This will be a fun next season - I'll need a bit more work to get back into the Champion's League after that beating!

It was a bit brutal on the poor zons, taking out Zara with my beast's first block certainly helped, and the first few turns we're somewhat brutal. 2nd half I probably got out punched in the end, but managed to seethe game through.

I think that gives me a small fighting chance of staying in the champs, have to hope results break my way!

If an admin could validate the game that would be great too. Cheers!

ntw
23-01-2012, 08:36 PM
All results validated.

/edit - also FYI Admins, I spammed a PM to all the newbies.

MadDave123
23-01-2012, 09:40 PM
A slightly weighted-to-the-right setup was punished when the ball scattered to the left, right where the block/mighty blow/claws pestigor was lurking. Sure enough, at the first opportunity the 'gor struck, stunning a Wight on the corner of the cage but leaving himself within frenzy distance of the sideline…

A full turn of careful manoeuvring and blocking later and a wolf just managed to blitz the pestigor into the crowd, who promptly killed him stone dead.You killled him. He's dead... Am cry. T_T

37 SPP's, all gone. >_>

T'was a pleasure to play though. Thanks for the game. Also, I hate Flesh Golems.-_-

Heliocentric
23-01-2012, 09:56 PM
alp_h beat me 0-1, that inst disappointing by itself, but I didn't even cause 1 casualty... :(

Asside from my mvp i dont think i got any SPP, learned a lesson about taking too long to set up.

Ah well, season over.

alh_p
23-01-2012, 10:02 PM
Div F

Helio Centric's Undead: 0 - alh_p's Delves: 1

Played a very elven game against Helio's corpse sqaud, and somehow survived intact. A retreating defense in the first half where I kicked and the old "come on in, oh wait -i've got an appointment in your half" when recieving. That was even replete with a dump off and several turns of dancing on the edge of the end zone. So I was a basicaly a sod.

I was also fantastically lucky on the injury dice. Helio KO'd most of my team. twice. Thankfully the babes did their thang and I was only down a player or two at the restarts.

The result had made things a bit more even in Div F, think i'm just about 3rd?

NieA7
23-01-2012, 10:07 PM
Also, I hate Flesh Golems.-_-

This is a good point. Werewolves are the obvious Necro stars, but this match really highlighted how awesome the golem's are. They've never been anything less than an utter pain in the ass for people to deal with, in this game each of them happily tied up multiple warriors, beasts and pestigors turn after turn, just by standing about (and not getting pushed around)

<3 my golems. Can't wait until they get mighty blow, which at this rate will be in about 50 games time. Totally worth it.

Kelron
23-01-2012, 10:52 PM
I think that means Kelron's got to put 4 past Smaug to win the division (or 3 with a very good CAS/TD ratio). Go Smaug!

1 goal up and 3 casualties down, so your promotion looks safe. I wish you the best of luck and hope you face many bashy teams in the championship. I'm quite pleased to have got through a season with only 1 permanent injury.

darkweeble
24-01-2012, 12:13 AM
Alright so I'm going to have to retire my Ogres. I tried really hard, guys. They're just so bad! I think it would have gone much better if the Snotlings didn't take all but two of my MVPs. After two seasons I have two Snotlings, a level 3 Break Tackle/Guard, a level 1 with -1AV, a level 1 with -1MA, and a level 2 with Break Tackle, and another level 2 with Guard. I have a TV of 1080 and never could afford that third reroll. It's amazing how fragile 9AV and Thick Skull is. I went through five (?) seasons with my Orcs and only suffered a Niggling Injury. I had fun with them, but at this point I'm just feeding incoming teams SPP so it's time to move on to greener pastures.

...so I'll be picking Goblins for my next team. I'm not all that big on winning matches, really. I'll try and get a team together for tomorrow.

EDIT for clarification: It's not even that Bonehead screws you at bad times. I actually love that mechanic because it adds a hilarious touch to the team. It's that I had such a hard time actually removing people from the pitch. I really think the team could be "playable" to "decent" with an average set of dice. My rolls were so stinky this season that I just can't continue with them.

potatoedoughnut
24-01-2012, 01:27 AM
This is true. He once fouled a man in Reno, just to watch him die.

Thank you.

Also, I'm a bit sad to be leaving div1 after 3(4?) seasons in it :( This will also be my first time in the "lettered" divisions, I hear everything is done backwards over there.

groovychainsaw
24-01-2012, 07:21 AM
@darkweeble - you only had 2 rerolls for your ogres? And 4 ogres? What did you spend your monies on? I usually start with 4 rerolls, and aim to keep adding rerolls every time I add an ogre. Ogres don't have loner so the rerolls make them a heck of a lot more reliable than any other loner big guy.They are still the worst team though... I wish you luck with your goblins :)

Alistair Hutton
24-01-2012, 10:55 AM
Reflect-o-hex!

Damn it!

No wait:

Double-reverse-no-backsies-hex!

darkweeble
24-01-2012, 12:22 PM
@darkweeble - you only had 2 rerolls for your ogres? And 4 ogres? What did you spend your monies on? I usually start with 4 rerolls, and aim to keep adding rerolls every time I add an ogre. Ogres don't have loner so the rerolls make them a heck of a lot more reliable than any other loner big guy.They are still the worst team though... I wish you luck with your goblins :)

I did have five Ogres. One just died and that's what makes me have to can the team. As far as money goes, I only won two matches so it went to an Ogre, an Apo (who never actually prevented an injury), and another reroll. I never purchased Snotlings beyond my initial investment.

I really don't think rerolls were my problem, although they easily could have been. I was usually able to plan accordingly because I knew what I was getting myself into. The huge problem was that I just couldn't throw hit dice. It was mostly skull/push or BD/push so I was never able to remove anyone from the pitch and I'd end up losing Snotlings because of it. I really would have been fine with Bonehead if my Ogres were a little more durable or bashy like they're supposed to be. I uploaded all my matches to BBManager and haven't gone through the stats yet, so I might just be a crybaby about dice. I'd love to see someone else pick up Ogres and show me what they can really do. I may still go back to them after a couple seasons.

President Weasel
24-01-2012, 12:30 PM
Damn it!

No wait:

Double-reverse-no-backsies-hex!

I did several favours for a witch, and helped a gris-gris mama get a sofa up a tricky flight of stairs. They granted me a certificate of hex immunity for January.

duff
24-01-2012, 12:54 PM
No Civ V for you then.

Alistair Hutton
24-01-2012, 01:02 PM
I did several favours for a witch, and helped a gris-gris mama get a sofa up a tricky flight of stairs. They granted me a certificate of hex immunity for January.

It's like you're one step ahea*superdisgusiedtrojanhex*d of me at all times.

Nullkigan
24-01-2012, 04:09 PM
Just ground out a 2-0 against Phil Cameron's Prefistoric to take Div B both on the spreadsheet and in the cyanide engine. We both had some very strange luck, but Phil was rolling more dice and that decided it in the end. Breaking his cage and stealing the ball was one of the harder things I've actually managed to pull off...

President Weasel
24-01-2012, 09:25 PM
Red SKull Reavers 1 - 1 Brucey Bonus

So Al Hutton managed to sneak a hex through my defences after all. It wasn't enough to make me lose, and it took its time working, but in turn 15, with the score at 1-1 and me caged up on Duffin's line, the hex struck!
Duffin threw elves at my cage and got a couple within base contact of my ball carrier. I set up a play to shunt two elves off the pitch, but it needed a block from my ball carrier. I used up my reroll in the early stages, shunting one player off and KOing him.
That left a 2 dice from the ball carrier, with no reroll, to shunt another off the pitch, clear my cage, and pretty much set me up for 2-1 victory.

The dice came up skull, both down. My ball carrier had wrestle. DAMN YOU, HUTTON! DAMN YOOUUUUUU!!!!!
I couldn't get the ball back, Duffin had nobody within two turns of my line, and the match finished 1-1.

Duffin goes up, I stay where I am, Groovy moves next door, and Hexer Hutton moves downstairs.

duff
24-01-2012, 09:29 PM
Hmm.. yeh a strange game and a stange season which seems to have been 95% getting beat up and 5% scoring ridiculous counter attack touchdowns out of nowhere. Also lost another level 2 lineman so my team is pretty weak right now, I just hope it will hold up well enough next season for me to rebuild a little.

Janek
24-01-2012, 10:05 PM
Right that's it. Jim's goading (and my desire to actually get some utility out of something I bought explicitly for one tourney on a different forum) has me into signing up for the DoD. Hullo! I think I've done the sheet properly.

groovychainsaw
24-01-2012, 10:34 PM
Hi Janek! Welcome aboard. New season starts in one day! So we'll need you (and other new chaps) to be on alert and ready to apply once we work out where you're all going to go.

Everyone else, season ends tomorrow! Games are outstanding! I've sorted out tiebreaks for everyone else and prepared the promotions as best i can so far( see 'next season' column on the sheet for info). I've also validated any games that were on the sheet in-game. Let me know your excuses if you're not going to be finished up tomorrow night, or I'll start defaulting games again so we can get into the next season quickly (ooo I'm mean).

HughTower
24-01-2012, 10:54 PM
1 goal up and 3 casualties down, so your promotion looks safe. I wish you the best of luck and hope you face many bashy teams in the championship. I'm quite pleased to have got through a season with only 1 permanent injury.

Aaah, well played man. The season standings turned on a blitz.

No doubt we'll meet again. Someday soon. Don't know when.

Jiiiiim
25-01-2012, 12:16 AM
Hey Janek. ALSO JOIN THE OPEN.

Heliocentric
25-01-2012, 12:48 AM
I was just looking through the rulebook in the first time since I was like 14... Holy hell amazons are OP

duff
25-01-2012, 01:12 AM
I was just looking through the rulebook in the first time since I was like 14... Holy hell amazons are OP

Until they play dworfs :D

Jiiiiim
25-01-2012, 01:24 AM
Zons are incredibly powerful at low TV, but their weak armour means they get pegged back once they pass 1600 or so. I've seen some successful zon squads past that but they're fewer are further between.

Alistair Hutton
25-01-2012, 08:38 AM
Zons are incredibly powerful at low TV, but their weak armour means they get pegged back once they pass 1600 or so. I've seen some successful zon squads past that but they're fewer are further between.

Yeah, once they face a team that's got more than 3 players with tackle their effectiveness drops off a cliff. Plus they are extra screwed vs Dwarves because unlike wood elves they don't have AG4 to fall back on plus they are not a fast team.

In low level resurrection tournaments however they are the Pro chioce.

Kapouille
25-01-2012, 09:53 AM
Hey Janek. ALSO JOIN THE OPEN.

What's the name of the open, how to find it?

Vexing Vision
25-01-2012, 09:56 AM

They do have 4 fairly agile players with access to all the good skills though. Zon-Blitzers make Chaos look tame. Right, alh_p and ntw? ;)

Screwie
25-01-2012, 10:45 AM
That's only because Chaos types tend to jump for Claw and/or Mighty Blow before they get Tackle :P

One of Amazon's defining weaknesses, and the chief reason they aren't overpowered, is their AV7. Because of the way probabilities work, AV7 is a lot weaker than AV8 than new players might expect.

duff
25-01-2012, 11:06 AM
What's the name of the open, how to find it?

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?71-RPS-Blood-Bowl-League-The-RPS-Open

HughTower
25-01-2012, 11:14 AM
That's only because Chaos types tend to jump for Claw and/or Mighty Blow before they get Tackle :P

One of Amazon's defining weaknesses, and the chief reason they aren't overpowered, is their AV7. Because of the way probabilities work, AV7 is a lot weaker than AV8 than new players might expect.

50% weaker, I believe. Which is why you have to be incredibly talented and handsome to coach them.

Kelron
25-01-2012, 11:24 AM
50% weaker, I believe. Which is why you have to be incredibly talented and handsome to coach them.

Or dance naked in the moonlight while conducting dark rites to let your elves beat up higher AV teams.

Kapouille
25-01-2012, 11:26 AM

My maths don't give me the same result, only 14% weaker. So one would only need to be marginally more talented or handsome.

On another hand, halflings have AV6, and that's 31% weaker than AV8. Now, we're talking about a different league of awesomeness being needed.

Vexing Vision
25-01-2012, 12:08 PM
Or dance naked in the moonlight while conducting dark rites to let your elves beat up higher AV teams.

That's why laneford beat me. :( I didn't have enough time to do the dancing, but I was n......err... nevermind. Really. Can we move on?

AgP
25-01-2012, 12:12 PM
Hi everybody,

New player here, I've added my name etc to the spreadsheet. Hope my team of wood elves doesn't end up looking like a scene from MASH.

ChainsawHands
25-01-2012, 12:17 PM
My maths don't give me the same result, only 14% weaker. So one would only need to be marginally more talented or handsome.

On another hand, halflings have AV6, and that's 31% weaker than AV8. Now, we're talking about a different league of awesomeness being needed.Your maths are wrong. Well, your calculations are correct, but you've done the wrong calculation. AV8 will break on a 9+, which is a 10/36 chance. AV7 will break on an 8+, which is a 15/36. 15 times out of 36 is 50% more than 10 times out of 36. (And AV6 is 21/36, which is 110% more likely than AV8 to break). What you've done is to take the difference, ie 5/36, which is indeed 14%, but that's not the right way to do it.

duff
25-01-2012, 12:38 PM
Painful memories of maths lessons flooding back... arghhh...

Heliocentric
25-01-2012, 01:20 PM
This said, I feel really good about Bloodbowl balance, I honestly can see my mistakes that lead to my downfall in my last 2 matches (namely using my ghouls as brawlers) rather than purely blaming the dice.

Rakysh
25-01-2012, 01:41 PM
Guys, I sweated my way though two bastard mechanics papers this morning and now I come back to this :(.

Seriously though, coaching halflings isn't a hobby, it's a vocation.

ntw
25-01-2012, 02:10 PM
..or a penance for previous sins against Nuffle.

Kapouille
25-01-2012, 02:18 PM
Your maths are wrong. Well, your calculations are correct, but you've done the wrong calculation. AV8 will break on a 9+, which is a 10/36 chance. AV7 will break on an 8+, which is a 15/36. 15 times out of 36 is 50% more than 10 times out of 36. (And AV6 is 21/36, which is 110% more likely than AV8 to break). What you've done is to take the difference, ie 5/36, which is indeed 14%, but that's not the right way to do it.

Hehe, okay, I see what you meant. I mean the absolute chance of getting a hit out of those 2 dice is 14% more rather than the relative as compared to AV8 :)

Even more so, playing halflings means 150% more chance of being squished than amazons if compared to the chance of being hit with AV8 :) (not to mention they get a shift in injury severity :))

Screwie
25-01-2012, 02:32 PM
Your maths are wrong. Well, your calculations are correct, but you've done the wrong calculation. AV8 will break on a 9+, which is a 10/36 chance. AV7 will break on an 8+, which is a 15/36. 15 times out of 36 is 50% more than 10 times out of 36. (And AV6 is 21/36, which is 110% more likely than AV8 to break). What you've done is to take the difference, ie 5/36, which is indeed 14%, but that's not the right way to do it.

This also shows what an enormous kicker the Mighty Blow skill is as well:
24% more likely to hurt an AV 6 player.
40% more likely to break an AV 7 player.
50% more likely against an AV 8 player.
67% more likely versus an AV 9 player.

Although it has greater effect on heavier armours, Mighty Blow is most relevant against AV 7 teams. The skill takes the % of beating AV from below 50% (specifically 41.8%) to over 50% (58.3%), making it the most likely outcome - and an outcome which will happen more often than not. Nasty.

Kapouille
25-01-2012, 03:02 PM
Although it has greater effect on heavier armours, Mighty Blow is most relevant against AV 7 teams. The skill takes the % of beating AV from below 50% (specifically 41.8%) to over 50% (58.3%), making it the most likely outcome - and an outcome which will happen more often than not. Nasty.

Yes, hence why I reason in _absolute_ chances rather than comparing differences.
Rolling 7 on 2 dice is the most likely combination as one will get one every time out of six... And indeed moving that from "i'm safe" to "i'm in trouble" is the nastiest effect it can have on players.

alh_p
25-01-2012, 03:26 PM
They do have 4 fairly agile players with access to all the good skills though. Zon-Blitzers make Chaos look tame. Right, alh_p and ntw? ;)

I don't know what you're talking about. I'm a dark elf coach and always have been. Rumours to the contrary are libelous allegations :P

The shame, the shame!

Jiiiiim
25-01-2012, 03:56 PM
I don't teach maths all day so I can come home to some maths.

Kapouille
25-01-2012, 03:58 PM

It's not maths though, it's maffs.

Rakysh
25-01-2012, 04:03 PM
..or a penance for previous sins against Nuffle.
It was actually a personal attempt to attain Zen. It worked, now I'm playing necromantic and I'm gonna kill some stuff.

alh_p
25-01-2012, 04:11 PM

You're not home already are you?

edit
by which I mean, because I'm burgling your house and ought to make an escape.

NB if your house is burgled, it wasnt actually me. i'm at work being very productive. Clearly.

ntw
25-01-2012, 04:25 PM

TBH sickly kittens made my Nurgle look tame...

laneford
25-01-2012, 04:52 PM
Big congrats to jolima who has won the championship again.

With a vampire team.

Amazing stuff.

Myself and Alethron are tied on 4 points, I sense a dramatic tie break coming...

groovychainsaw
25-01-2012, 05:09 PM
Yup, well done Jolima, it seems many seasons since you flattened my norse with those vamps, I'm trying to claw my way back up to the top to bash you again, but with tougher chaps this time round. Still a remarkable achievement with one of the 'lower tier' teams (of which vamps are definitely the strongest!), but remembering how well you played them against me last time, I'm not surprised you're still up there :-).

LowKey
25-01-2012, 05:16 PM

So teaching math is what drinking bootleg gin is called these days, thanks for the tip!

Gorm
25-01-2012, 05:16 PM
Damn you Jolima, you're making me look bad.

Vexing Vision
25-01-2012, 05:33 PM
Congratulations, Jolima! It also was a pleasure to spar with you this Season - I'll be back. ;)

Against me, laneford performed better with TD+cas difference than Alethron - I think you'll have to stay there.

ntw
25-01-2012, 05:52 PM
Gratz Jolima on the Three-peat!

Heliocentric
25-01-2012, 06:23 PM
It's not maths though, it's maffs.

Wreck your shit with math.

Jiiiiim
25-01-2012, 06:38 PM
Jolima! I shall take you down! Next season!

President Weasel
25-01-2012, 07:30 PM
Drawlien's amazon team smashed all comers into a fine paste in the RPS Open a couple of seasons ago. I kept insisting amazons were terrible at high TV, and Drawlien's amazons kept proving me horribly wrong.

Jolima
25-01-2012, 08:34 PM
Thanks everyone, here's a long match report of that final game.

That was a far closer game than the 3-0 result shows with a lot of back and forth.

The first half started with Alethron getting a blitz event, but failing a GFI to stand under the ball. I picked the ball up with my AG5 vamp Mr Snow, and passed it to my AG4 thrall #93 who ran it up to cover near the centre of the pitch.

Alethron follows up by breaking into my cage and standing two elves next to my carrier and I shove one of them away before dodging the thrall out to an improvised half cage behind the elven lines.

It doesn't quite hold up as the elves wrestle him down and gets the ball to one of their players.

That elf is not in much better position himself though, and after being blocked a third time, the blodging elf finally goes down. My strong Vampire, Mr Blank, gets hold of the ball and the agile Mr Snow follows him for cover. Not a very strong position, but the ball IS held by a ST 5 blocker at least.

Alethron gets a 2d block on Mr Blank, but fails to knock him down, so instead he ends up surrounding him with four elves.

I start blocking them away until only one remain and makes a run for the end-zone. Which works perfectly and gives me the 1-0 lead after four turns. Another big boon for me at this point is that Alethron has run entirely out of rerolls while I have three left.

Alethron receives and the kick bounces into the hands of one of his players. As he attempts to hand it off to a thrower, that lack of rerolls immediately bites him and the ball falls to the ground.

I start blocking some holes in his line while trying not to leave myself too open to a counter and charge in with the AG 5 vampire to pick the ball up in two tackle-zones. The pickup works, but then I seem to run into a bug where it won't let me pass it away. Instead, as time is running out, I make a much too hasty move with another vamp to give assistance which ends up running through more tackle zones than I had expected AND leaves one flank entirely open.

Mr Snow with the ball is blocked down and the ball is delivered to an elf on that unguarded flank who runs it down almost out of reach.

I use one GFI on a thrall to lend assistance and then move another thrall down to use two GFI to throw a blitz. It works perfectly and the elf is stunned. A vampire and another thrall moves down to lend further support.

Alethron moves down two elves to harass the ball, but fails a dodge as he tries to blitz and the turn goes back to me.

Both of the elves are soon blocked down and a thrall picks the ball up and hands it over to my vampire who runs it up to midfield. The turn is now 7, so I also make sure to have two vampires within reach of the endzone who can receive the ball next turn and run it in.

Closest is my AG 5 vamp who soon attract two markers while another vamp, who remains one GFI away from the end zone, is uncovered. One elf also runs down to block my ball carrier before another dodge is failed.

I blitz away that last elf and pass the ball up to the uncovered vamp. As he moves to run it in though, he gets a sudden craving for blood and instead goes to hand it off to the covered AG 5 vamp who had a strategically placed snack nearby. Alas, the hand-off fails and the elves once again have control over the ball. They don't have a very good chance of moving the ball the entire length of the pitch in one turn to score, but being elves a small chance might be all that's needed.

Among the first thing they do though is roll a double skull and the half is over.

Next half and I am kicking. To a second Blitz event. The ball is set to land right next to an elven thrower but I get a thrall up under it and move two vamps up next to elf and thrall both, one of whom hypnotizes the thrower.

The thrall fails the catch, but the ball bounces to one of my vamps instead. That vamp soon goes down next turn, but the ball bounces next to both of my standing players until the thrall is knocked onto the ball so it lies next to two elves and my vampire. An elf picks the ball up and runs back towards his own end-zone.

My AG5 camp runs right through a line of elves and gets into a wrestling match with the ballcarrier while my other players do their best to beat up elves, cover them, and move closer to the ball.

One elf has been left mostly alone and after the nearby vampire is bashed down I don't think he could have been stopped if given the ball. Luckily though, it never gets that far as the elf who was to make the pass fail to even pick up the ball.

I knock down some more elves and try to pick the ball up and run it in with a vampire, he makes the dodges and pick up required all right, but fails a GFI to enter the end-zone.

The elves recover the ball, and that elf from before is still mostly left alone, He receives the ball this time before blitzing the last thrall standing in his way with a 2d block--only to roll a double skull and fall right over.

At this point there are elves between most of my players and the ball though, so I'm not in a very good position to recover it. I attempt to dodge a thrall away to pick it up and pass it away, but the dodge fails and it's back to the elves.

The elves recover the advantage, run a catcher down deep out of reach, but then fails a dodge trying to get a thrower to pick up the ball again and pass it to him.

I knock an elf into the ball, which bounces away to only remain next to one elf, then run down to hypnotize one elf which lets me run another vampire over to pick up the ball and attempt a pass--which is fumbled. Even so, the advantage is back on my side again, but not by much.

An attempt to blitz the vampire who fumbled the pass only lets him sidestep into the ball, which bounces further away from the elves. Another elves dodges away from some thrall's, picks it up and attempts to pass it down field again, but the pass scatters back to near where it was a few turns ago.

The elf near the ball is wrestled down by a vampire and another vampire manages to pick up the ball, make a 3+ pass to a thrall who is in reach and can run it in. 2-0.

I kick again with two turns left and... it's another blitz. This time I manage to set up an entire cage around the landing site. The elves fence me in quite well, and after the ball carrier succumbs to blood lust, I have to retreat to the half way line.

The elves break into my cage and blitz the carrier, but only get a push. I have one vampire in range of scoring, but covered by an elf. At this point I could have made it easy on myself by blitzing away that elf, pass the ball to him and run it in. Since the match is already won I decide to make it harder on myself instead. I hand the ball away from my agile vamp to my strong vamp, who was the one in position to make that blitz, but who also is just one SPP away from levelling, before running up and passing it past the elf to the vampire he covers. Luckily the interception fails, the catch succeeds and my vampire could dodge away to score. Effectively ending the match 3-0. (The elves gets one more turn to pick up some easy SPP, but true to form just fumbles a pass instead.)

After the game, I had three players with new levels. My strong vampire finally got Dodge (after +ST, Block, Mighty Blow). One of my other vampires got +AG(!) (after Dodge, Block, Side Step) and a Thrall got a double (after Wrestle, Tackle). I'm leaning towards Mighty Blow for that one after initially thinking Dodge. Guard is always an option of course, but I'd much rather have block than wrestle with that. Any suggestions on what to pick?

With all of these stat-up's. I don't think these vampires can count as second tier any more.

Cacamas
25-01-2012, 11:03 PM
Div 4 is not finished after a showdown between the two Dwarf teams. As you'd expect from such a match-up, there were thrills and spills galore with plenty of dodging and quick movement and... ok, maybe not. It was two identical bashy, slow teams smashing against each other for sixteen long turns. In the first half, I received and made the defensive line bulge due to Morg N'Thorg deciding to take a snooze on the first turn (helped by my blitzer's fist). The bulge was broken through eventually, with a TD from my runner on the final turn of the first half. Staunch defending in the second half prevented Alini's dwarfs responding in kind and the game ground out to a 1-0 result in the end.

So, I think it's time for a reboot. After 18 games, I am retiring my dwarfs and replacing them with a rookie High Elf team. The spreadsheet is updated though I'm not sure if I've done the right thing. Admins, feel free to fix my mistakes there.

potatoedoughnut
26-01-2012, 12:45 AM
After the game, I had three players with new levels. My strong vampire finally got Dodge (after +ST, Block, Mighty Blow). One of my other vampires got +AG(!) (after Dodge, Block, Side Step) and a Thrall got a double (after Wrestle, Tackle). I'm leaning towards Mighty Blow for that one after initially thinking Dodge. Guard is always an option of course, but I'd much rather have block than wrestle with that. Any suggestions on what to pick?

Thick skull is the best skill for doubles. After that I'd still take guard on a wrestle player unless you already have some guard on the team. MB is good, you could also do dodge to make him a mobile ball taker downer (and give him strip ball on a normal skill). But seriously, thick skull is all you should consider.

Heliocentric
26-01-2012, 01:33 AM
Thick skull is a terrible choice, what kind of racket are you running?

Gorm
26-01-2012, 01:58 AM
I guess it could help you keep thralls alive...

groovychainsaw
26-01-2012, 09:18 AM
Right you 'orrible lot!

Season ended last night! But there are 6 games outstanding (on the sheet). Makes your excuses now or I'll be going in and defaulting those game tonight. You have been warned!

I may or may not have enough time to put together the divisions for next season tonight, but I'll try to get them done before the weekend, so check on the sheet, see where you've ended up and apply in-game. Anyone joining/dropping out/rebooting who hasn't already, PLEASE mark yourself up on the sheet before I do the promotions/demotions. It makes my life a lot easier!

New chaps, start paying attention NOW! We'll need your applications in in the correct division in a couple of days (once I've organised them). We don't chase up new guys for applications (due to so many people expressing interest and then wandering off in the past) so you have to pay attention to this thread to keep up to date (I strongly recommend setting it up to send out a daily summary of thread activity to your email, at least, to keep track of things - see 'thread tools - subscribe' to sort this out). I'm expecting to start the new season by the following weekend, depending on how well we get going, miss that and you'll have to hang on for another month to get in again.

ntw
26-01-2012, 09:19 AM
Erm, does the subscribing to threads actually work now? Last I heard it didn't...

Also - I PMed all the new chaps a few days ago with a gentle reminder.

groovychainsaw
26-01-2012, 09:22 AM
I've set it up for several threads now, and it appears to - it sends me an email for every post (so i can keep an eye on you in here). You can set it to each post, daily, weekly or monthly (?) summaries.

LowKey
26-01-2012, 09:23 AM
Myself and darkfenix squared of last night with me receiving 240k in inducements that got me a babe (not useful) and wizard (very useful!).

I received and moved a cage up the flank, i was finding it difficult to punch through as DF used his str advantage to keep my mummies on their areses for most of the game.

Fortunately i managed to squeeze a ghoul through in part due to a blitzing minotaur who double AD with the reroll lonered, scouring around turn 5.

I spent the rest of the game defending, managing to take the ball carrier down mid second half with the ball going off and flying towards the other flank where neither of us had many players.

DF managed to get a beastman on the ball through a clever break tackle minotaur blitz and brought it within scoring range for his last turn (requiring two gfi).

I had no one in range so proceded to bash and, desiring a block then move with a mummy, went to push blitz and remembered my wizard!

I hit the ball carrying beast with a lightening bolt, he went down badly hurt and that was game.

Injury wise i had a ghoul and zombie mng while DF injured a mummy twice both were regened. DF had the badly hurt beast and a dead warrior apothed to gouged eye.

Screwie
26-01-2012, 09:39 AM
Thick skull is a terrible choice, what kind of racket are you running?

It's actually a halfway-decent pick for thralls, since the opposition aren't the only ones taking a bite out of them.

EDIT: What Gorm said.

Kapouille
26-01-2012, 09:58 AM
I've set it up for several threads now, and it appears to - it sends me an email for every post (so i can keep an eye on you in here). You can set it to each post, daily, weekly or monthly (?) summaries.

I have on-the-spot notifications, and they work just fine.

So, how do applications work, Groovy? You will create empty leagues, list them, and we go "mememememe!" ?

desvergeh
26-01-2012, 10:10 AM
Season ended last night! But there are 6 games outstanding (on the sheet). Makes your excuses now or I'll be going in and defaulting those game tonight. You have been warned!

Clavin and low_drums still MIA from division 6. Attempts were made to contact them, no response was given.

groovychainsaw
26-01-2012, 10:21 AM
/Edit -this was a (clearly long-winded!) reply to Kapouille
Not quite - I'll update the spreadsheet for next season (either tonight or tomorrow - I'll post in here when its done) , and you'll get assigned to a division based on your order of application (hence the N1-Nx numbers next to all you new peeps). Most of the divisions should already be there in game (we' got them set up down to 8/H), although we'll create new empty divisions as necessary. Once I've posted in here to say that the spreadsheet is ready for the next season, all you need to do is go into blood bowl and apply to the correct division in game.

/Double edit - Looks like clavin and low_drums are AWOL from div 6 after missing their last 2 games. They'll be first for the chop if we don't hear from them before next season. Sorry you and boots have had a pretty crappy season Des, hopefully we'll have more enthusiasm/attention from the new guys this season.

ntw
26-01-2012, 10:37 AM
Also, bear in mind newbies (and forgetful others), that we fill the divisions from top downwards. This its to minimise the effects of no-shows and dropouts, but does mean that you'll need to keep an eye on the thread and sheet as well as possibly having to reapply to a different division.

We are unfortunately forced to do it this way until we find a way of punishing the culprits...

Screwie
26-01-2012, 10:45 AM
Crikey, I didn't realise there were so many new players for the upcoming season!

ChainsawHands
26-01-2012, 10:57 AM
We are unfortunately forced to do it this way until we find a way of punishing the culprits...Have we lost the bricks?

groovychainsaw
26-01-2012, 11:01 AM
They dissolved. I don't know if we thought that through very well. I am creating new jagged, reinforced glass bricks to improve longevity.

ntw
26-01-2012, 11:01 AM
We have new and improved bricks as GC mentioned above, infact they are currently soaking in a nice hot acid bath ready for when they are needed.

However "no shows" and "dropouts", by their very definition have no balls, so the threat of the Acid Bricks (tm) is somewhat lessened. We may have a similar problem if ever a Laydee decides to join our club for reprobates.

Kapouille
26-01-2012, 11:11 AM
Most of the divisions should already be there in game (we' got them set up down to 8/H)

Oh my, I hope I won't end up in too high a division, given the fact I'm #4 to apply. My Halflings probably wouldn't take very well matches with high TV teams :)

groovychainsaw
26-01-2012, 11:15 AM
I'm moderately confident you'll be in a division with all-new teams (1000TV). Don't take my word for it, but the rebooting players (existing players restarting a new team) go in ahead of all the new players too. Even if you did get into a division with existing players, you'd still be in the lower TV echelons. And who knows, halflings can do better with some inducements, helps them more than many other teams, with their chef and big treeman to hire :-).

Kapouille
26-01-2012, 11:19 AM
And who knows, halflings can do better with some inducements, helps them more than many other teams, with their chef and big treeman to hire :-).

Oh yes, I'm totally expecting to make use of a chef. After all, you've got to make use of all that dead Halfling meat!

boots468
26-01-2012, 01:07 PM
It's actually a halfway-decent pick for thralls, since the opposition aren't the only ones taking a bite out of them.

EDIT: What Gorm said.

Although thralls will make use of Thick Skull more than other players, it also nearly doubles their base cost, for a pretty negliable gain in usefullness on the pitch (even if it is called upon, the thrall is still stunned). I'd always go for dodge or guard with thralls - more maneuverability to be near hungry vamps/general survivability or a much needed boost in the bashing game will be more useful than occasionally being stunned rather than KOd in my opinion.

Gorm
26-01-2012, 01:18 PM
Hey sorry Groovy, me and Xercies should be playing tonight. I lost track of time after that default game i had.

HughTower
26-01-2012, 04:04 PM
We have new and improved bricks as GC mentioned above, infact they are currently soaking in a nice hot acid bath ready for when they are needed.

However "no shows" and "dropouts", by their very definition have no balls, so the threat of the Acid Bricks (tm) is somewhat lessened. We may have a similar problem if ever a Laydee decides to join our club fehor reprobates.

I left my golf club for that very reason. This is my last remaining refuge.

Alistair Hutton
26-01-2012, 05:35 PM
I'd just like to express my sincere admiration for the league admins, me and a former member of the league were just marvelling today at how smoothly everything runs.

Sgt.Ragekage
26-01-2012, 05:45 PM
Im supposed to be playing karandraz in DIV C tonight but have been called away to work for the next week. If anyone sees him on steam can you let him know and forfeit the match for me please. Ta.

darkweeble
26-01-2012, 06:33 PM
In Nuffle We Trust, my Goblin team, is ready to rock! I look forward to all the blood.

mrpier
26-01-2012, 07:36 PM
I'll be back and applicable on the 29th :-)

ntw
26-01-2012, 08:27 PM
I'd just like to express my sincere admiration for the league admins, me and a former member of the league were just marvelling today at how smoothly everything runs.

It's like the classic swan analogy - elegance and beauty on the surface, whilst under the water the legs are flailing away like the clappers...

:)

groovychainsaw
26-01-2012, 08:56 PM
Right, sorted most promotions etc. out now, including all the tiebreaks and defaulted games. I believe we've lost low_drums, clavin and schizoslayer, although if any of them pipe up and explain why they've been AWOL, I'm sure we'll be kind, but they're marked as 'Z' (missing next season) for now. Just waiting on Xercies and Gorm to play their game to finish up the setup for next season. Not too many dropouts, so not as much disruption as previous seasons, which is nice!

NEW CHAPS! Can you please PM me just to say 'I'm here'? I'll add anyone in who does this over the next few days. We need to have this sort of check because we can't start divisions without everyone applying and if you've lost interest/forgotten you added yourself to the sheet then that can delay us getting the season started. Just a quick PM to me to let me know you're there will be fine :-). Kapouille and Janek i know you're there as you've been posting recently, but anyone else with an 'N' against them in the sheet, can you let me know you're there so I assign you to a division?

/Ninja'd by ntw - this is a good example of 'legs flapping' :-)

Jolima
26-01-2012, 09:30 PM
[Thick Skull is] actually a halfway-decent pick for thralls, since the opposition aren't the only ones taking a bite out of them.

I try to avoid turning my Lvl 3 Thrall's into fodder though. I'm still mostly deciding between Mighty Blow and Dodge. I only have one thrall with Guard, but I haven't missed it that much. Hypnotization goes some way towards not needing it and I still have a bunch of Thralls who could get Guard if they roll a double.

Screwie
26-01-2012, 09:54 PM
Yeah, perhaps my recommendation for Thick Skull came across as too strong. Depending on you team's skills there are plenty of other competitive choices for a double roll. For clarity I'll revise my statement:

[Thick Skull is] actually a quarterway-decent pick for thralls, since the opposition aren't the only ones taking a bite out of them.

There. :)

Xercies
26-01-2012, 10:39 PM
Just finished the game with Gorm 1-0 to me, with a haggard looking vamp team to Gorm, but he did surprisingly well, taking the ball out from under my hands a lot of times ad nearly scoring a few times.

Unfortuanatly this will probably be my last season for awhile, organisation and real uni life has kind of got in the way this season and its probably been the worst for games actually played. I don't really know when i'm coming back wither, since uni work is probably going to be heavy for awhile this year so I might not be back until June! And then i got other things to worry about.

So have had a blast and have loved playing Lizards and meeting all the people I have met :)

potatoedoughnut
27-01-2012, 12:14 AM
Ha! I actually spurred (quarterway) serious discussion of thick skull. This means you must get it.

groovychainsaw
27-01-2012, 08:30 AM
Sorry to see you go Xercies, been nice having you here, hopefully we shall meet again on the field of battle! :-)

groovychainsaw
27-01-2012, 09:04 AM
Additionally (this warrants a whole new post!). Season 16 has been set up in the spreadsheet! Go and see where you are, and apply accordingly! New guys, I haven't assigned you yet as I'm waiting to see who else returns. So far I've heard from jlahnum, the brain, prester john, kapouille and janek, which is 5/12 new players. You will all get a place, I'm just waiting on others to find out exactly where...

Anyone else in the 'N' (new players) group, please PM me or post in here if you want to play! If you don't, I'm afraid you'll miss out on this season.

Let me remind folks that anyone can subscribe to the thread to get daily updates sent to your email, which is a good idea considering the chaos at the beginning of each new season! ;-)

ChainsawHands
27-01-2012, 09:15 AM
So my elfs are up against high elfs, dark elfs and, just for a bit of variety... dark elfs. Hmm.

Screwie
27-01-2012, 09:34 AM
Gaaah, two undead-y teams this season! :(

I'm away from today until Sunday, but will apply for my spot in Div6 on Sunday night.

duff
27-01-2012, 09:34 AM
So my elfs are up against high elfs, dark elfs and, just for a bit of variety... dark elfs. Hmm.

Hahaha I just saw this. Let the elfball begin!

Vexing Vision
27-01-2012, 09:39 AM
Oh gods, I was afraid of this.

smaug, my old arch-nemesis and the first person to ever defeat the Sirens. I shall await your bros at the end of this season.

drawlien
27-01-2012, 09:56 AM
Ah, division C - I wonder what my woodies will be up against.... Nurgle, Lizardmen and Chaos?! This could go one of two ways (most likely the destroyed team way).

Alistair Hutton
27-01-2012, 09:58 AM
Hahaha I just saw this. Let the elfball begin!

New rule for your league. Any time you want to make more than two blocks in a turn you have to declare "Orcball!" in chat.

Kapouille
27-01-2012, 10:02 AM
New guys, I haven't assigned you yet as I'm waiting to see who else returns. So far I've heard from jlahnum, the brain, prester john, kapouille and janek, which is 5/12 new players.

Holly molly, either Elves or heavy artillery teams. I'm hoping for many forfeits to get me through :) (I suppose I shouldn't complain, at least there's no dwarf team...)

duff
27-01-2012, 10:05 AM
New rule for your league. Any time you want to make more than two blocks in a turn you have to declare "Orcball!" in chat.

Does that include the blitz?

Heliocentric
27-01-2012, 10:10 AM
Does that include the blitz?

My first match is vs undead(krem) , as undead. Do I need to say anything if I block 12 times?

HughTower
27-01-2012, 11:29 AM
Dear Groovy,

I don't want to play Jolima. He's elfier and stronger than me, there is no hope. Please could you move him to a division far, far away.

Thank you,

HT

drawlien
27-01-2012, 12:49 PM
That you have too many players on the pitch Helio?

ntw
27-01-2012, 12:57 PM
Chaps,

I have added a FAQ tab (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?authkey=CLqFqKgH&key=0ApZtTuVnFIbvdDRKQ20yb0N1Zy1FMlcybFFFQ0VreXc&hl=en&authkey=CLqFqKgH#gid=40) to the spreadsheet - anybody want to start the ball rolling? Preferably post Questions here and I (/another admin) can add them to the FAQ when we think of a suitable answer.

ChainsawHands
27-01-2012, 01:05 PM
That you have too many players on the pitch Helio?Wights have ST access, maybe one of them has frenzy?

Kapouille
27-01-2012, 01:39 PM
Wights have ST access, maybe one of them has frenzy?

Or multiple block.

Screwie
27-01-2012, 02:02 PM
Chaps,

I have added a FAQ tab (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?authkey=CLqFqKgH&key=0ApZtTuVnFIbvdDRKQ20yb0N1Zy1FMlcybFFFQ0VreXc&hl=en&authkey=CLqFqKgH#gid=40) to the spreadsheet - anybody want to start the ball rolling? Preferably post Questions here and I (/another admin) can add them to the FAQ when we think of a suitable answer.

Info on the forum groups and how to use them, plus other methods for contacting players and how seminars will adjudicate when matches fail to get organised would be handy.

I would take a crack at that myself. but not on this smartphone keyboard...

ChainsawHands
27-01-2012, 02:05 PM
Chaps,

I have added a FAQ tab (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?authkey=CLqFqKgH&key=0ApZtTuVnFIbvdDRKQ20yb0N1Zy1FMlcybFFFQ0VreXc&hl=en&authkey=CLqFqKgH#gid=40) to the spreadsheet - anybody want to start the ball rolling? Preferably post Questions here and I (/another admin) can add them to the FAQ when we think of a suitable answer."So what's this I hear about acid-coated bricks?"

LowKey
27-01-2012, 02:17 PM
What should i do, as a coach, if iv fallen in love with one of my players?

Heliocentric
27-01-2012, 02:19 PM
That you have too many players on the pitch Helio?

Frenzy Multiple Block mummies dawg.

groovychainsaw
27-01-2012, 02:30 PM
"So what's this I hear about acid-coated bricks?"

Answer: They are the punishment for those who forget to fill in the spreadsheet, to be applied liberally to the testicular region.

alh_p
27-01-2012, 02:36 PM
Answer: They are the punishment for those who forget to fill in the spreadsheet, to be applied liberally to the testicular region.

with gusto?

groovychainsaw
27-01-2012, 02:40 PM
If you so wish - the liberal application is the key, really.

duff
27-01-2012, 03:05 PM
But what if any of us happens to be a lady.

Kapouille
27-01-2012, 03:18 PM
But what if any of us happens to be a lady.

In that highly unlikely event, the acid would do its job (furthermore, I'm told that ladies aren't completely insensitive to sharp blunt trauma in the groin area).

Vexing Vision
27-01-2012, 03:18 PM
But what if any of us happens to want to be a lady?

ntw
27-01-2012, 03:28 PM
But what if any of us happens to want to be a lady?

If that is the case - do NOT fill in your results on the spreadsheet, then sit back, and wait...

ntw
27-01-2012, 03:29 PM
What should i do, as a coach, if iv fallen in love with one of my players?

As a coach you should know the short life-expectancy of the average BB player, therefore you should never get involved - unless you're a sucker for tragic romances.

Kapouille
27-01-2012, 03:31 PM
If that is the case - do NOT fill in your results on the spreadsheet, then sit back, and wait...

Alernatively, http://www.experts-exchange.com/ could help you.

Heliocentric
27-01-2012, 06:13 PM
Bricks really are a great equaliser, they do not discriminate.

smaug81
27-01-2012, 09:29 PM
Oh gods, I was afraid of this.

smaug, my old arch-nemesis and the first person to ever defeat the Sirens. I shall await your bros at the end of this season.

Should be an interesting rematch, VV. I'm looking forward to it. I'm still sadly lacking in effective means to counter dodge, which has been hurting me lately against the more developed elf teams. You may fare better than you expect.

Also: Oh god, not that Necromantic team again *cringe*. They hurt.

potatoedoughnut
27-01-2012, 10:03 PM
Should be an interesting rematch, VV. I'm looking forward to it. I'm still sadly lacking in effective means to counter dodge, which has been hurting me lately against the more developed elf teams. You may fare better than you expect.

Also: Oh god, not that Necromantic team again *cringe*. They hurt.

Oh god, not that Norse team again *cringe*. They hurt. At least it looks like one of your MB/PO bastards got killed or something.

Nec, Norse, Amazon, DElf is going to be a weird division.

Alistair Hutton
27-01-2012, 10:12 PM
There are some frighteningly developed team in the lower divisions. I'm looking at you Rats of Westminster!

Anyway, applied to division 3.

Ergonomic Cat
28-01-2012, 06:00 AM
I applied to Div 5. Two Skaven, Lizards and Orcs. Gonna be a weird month.

Vexing Vision
28-01-2012, 08:36 AM
Left the Champs, applied for A. Now crying softly to myself.

LowKey
28-01-2012, 10:38 AM
Applied, of all the divisions in all the world snoosers dwarfs had to apply into mine

Jiiiiim
28-01-2012, 11:50 AM
Applied to champs for the SEASON OF GLORY

desvergeh
28-01-2012, 12:09 PM
Applied for div 5.

NieA7
28-01-2012, 12:12 PM
Applied to Div 2. Orc, Chaos, Chaos, Necromantic. Nothing some like fluid passing play to get the blood pumping.

duff
28-01-2012, 02:25 PM
Applied to Div 2. Orc, Chaos, Chaos, Necromantic. Nothing some like fluid passing play to get the blood pumping.

Accepted along with a handful of other applications.

Chainsawhands - jesus christ I've just seen your st4 agi4 ma10 elfbastardperfectocatcher!

alh_p
28-01-2012, 03:57 PM
Applied to Div E. That should be the lot of us in E.

ntw
28-01-2012, 07:20 PM
Applied to Div E. That should be the lot of us in E.

We just need to complete the Divs above now...

Jiiiiim
28-01-2012, 07:23 PM
EDIT: nevermind, already answered.

ChainsawHands
28-01-2012, 08:51 PM
Chainsawhands - jesus christ I've just seen your st4 agi4 ma10 elfbastardperfectocatcher!AGI5, I think you'll find...

Heliocentric
28-01-2012, 09:49 PM
AGI5, I think you'll find...

Str 4 just means "surround it before you stamp on it", It's only mortal.

ChainsawHands
28-01-2012, 09:56 PM
Str 4 just means "surround it before you stamp on it", It's only mortal.I'm slightly surprised after every match that he's still alive.

Of course, that's true of all of my elfs...