PDA

View Full Version : RPS Blood Bowl League - The many, many Divisions of Death!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

groovychainsaw
28-03-2012, 01:49 PM
@Screwie, I can default your match to sendmark, but as the deadline hasn't passed, I'd have to give him the win so you could move on (just in case he turns up before the deadline, I couldn't give him the loss). I guess that wouldn't be too punishing as you're a filler team, so as long as you're happy with that, I'll move it on tonight if no-one else gets to validating first.

Ritashi
28-03-2012, 02:19 PM
Thanks for the quick replies! I felt like I'd seen TV as a final tiebreaker somewhere in the rules before, but I wasn't sure if that was actually in there or if I was simply confusing it with how I would expect it to work. That's essentially how I've always run my tabletop leagues, and it especially makes sense here given some of the complaints of teams getting promoted way above their TV. I couldn't find any mention of it in the rules when I looked through them recently, but the clarification to that section of the rules clears that up quite well. Again, thanks!

President Weasel
28-03-2012, 02:21 PM
The most merciful thing in the promotion rules, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all their contents.

I... thought I already had. But if I haven't (and no-one beats me to it), I'll do it when i get home tonight :-)

/Edit - @PW - gold star for you Sir, you understand how the promotions work! That (probably) makes 2 of us :-)

There are, of course, one or two reboots from higher up the leagues this season, which is going to make second place more valuable for a number of people once we get some double promotions going...

Ha!
(wait, does this mean I am not human?)

Screwie
28-03-2012, 02:22 PM
@Screwie, I can default your match to sendmark, but as the deadline hasn't passed, I'd have to give him the win so you could move on (just in case he turns up before the deadline, I couldn't give him the loss). I guess that wouldn't be too punishing as you're a filler team, so as long as you're happy with that, I'll move it on tonight if no-one else gets to validating first.

I've no problem with that. Thanks GC.

ChainsawHands
28-03-2012, 02:47 PM
Ha!
(wait, does this mean I am not human?)Says President *Weasel*...

Screwie
28-03-2012, 02:54 PM
Says President *Weasel*...

Isn't that just his family name, Mr Hands?

ChainsawHands
28-03-2012, 03:14 PM
Possibly; I've long had my suspicions about both his presidency and his weaselaciousness.

Screwie
28-03-2012, 03:23 PM
President is an awesome name to give a child. And then I'd call him Presley.

Squiz
28-03-2012, 03:28 PM
@Screwie, I can default your match to sendmark, but as the deadline hasn't passed, I'd have to give him the win so you could move on (just in case he turns up before the deadline, I couldn't give him the loss). I guess that wouldn't be too punishing as you're a filler team, so as long as you're happy with that, I'll move it on tonight if no-one else gets to validating first.That would be awesome! Screwie, I'll give you a nudge when I see you on Steam. Don't know when I'll get home tonight, but we'll definitely get this done. :)

Screwie
28-03-2012, 03:35 PM
Ok, I'll be around tonight. Might even be able to fit in both this and my Open game, we shall see...

The Brain
28-03-2012, 05:27 PM
I have a question relating to the promotion rules - what happens if we have a triangular tie for first? This is a distinct possibility in Div 6, pending results of the final games obviously. As it currently stands (I've replaced team names with letters for simplicity):

A: 2-0
B: 1-1
C: 1-1
D: 0-2
The final matchups:
AvB
CvD

As you can see, if B beats A and C beats D, we will have a three-way tie of six points each (a 2-1 record). However, earlier in the season A beat C, but C beat B. If B beats A, then the normal check of direct W/L comparison will result in an infinite loop. Checking the next highest will similarly give no meaningful results. And since everyone would have beaten D, checking the lowest ranked team will be just as unhelpful. Would we simply go to a tiebreaker on TD + Cas margins? Since I'm team A, I hope this situation doesn't come up (anything better than a loss against B secures me the promotion on points alone), but since the rules don't exactly cover this situation I figured it was probably worth looking into.

As another curiosity, what happens if a winner cannot be decided upon even after the TD + Cas margin check? Also assuming that there aren't any dropouts above them, as I'd assume that tying for first by that close of a margin makes you a prime candidate for getting any extra promotions from dropouts. Does it go to TV, career stats, FF, or perhaps just a coin flip? That's just a curiosity, but I tend to like to point out potential loopholes in rule sets, a hobby of mine you could say. Also defining them early can avoid a lot of arguments on the off chance they actually do come up.

As I'm pretty sure that I'm Team B, I wouldn't worry about the promotion rules too much. I'm fairly confident that I'm going to get creamed. Ritashi also has a major TD advantage but I think the (very un-elf like) wholesale slaughter of the gobbos in my last match could help even the odds a little bit on Cas.

JayTee
28-03-2012, 05:50 PM
Mighty blow helps level up bashy players faster. Simple as that - if they're not a scoring threat then 2SPPs for an injury is the best they are likely to get in a game. Mighty blow gives you better odds of scoring that injury and getting to the higher levels quicker. It also gives you the obvious numerical advantage when it works (and gets better the more offensive your player becomes).It also scares people, making them think they're going to get smashed into the floor so they spend their inducements on apothecaries rather than scary Star Players or stupid Wizards.

ntw
28-03-2012, 07:30 PM
Re-requesting validation of a league E match between myself and skydancer.

Result validated, along with a few others, Divs rolled on where possible.

Heliocentric
28-03-2012, 10:12 PM
One mis-click later and I am the proud owner of a mummy with stand firm... What the hell use is this?

potatoedoughnut
28-03-2012, 10:27 PM
One mis-click later and I am the proud owner of a mummy with stand firm... What the hell use is this?

Stand firm is my #2 (non-double/stat) ability to give to mummies (after guard), it makes them an even better roadblock and helps compensate some for their low MV. Just get them someplace annoying and they stay there.

Also MB is firmly in the top percentage of useful abilities. I did the maths a while back, and in the end MB will result in a higher CAS % than taking block (obviously you'll get more TOs/use more RR though). It depends on how you build your team and what your stragegy, but if you're playing a team where your strategy is removing players from the pitch MB is the best skill you can take. Obviously if you're trying to outmaneuver your opponent MB isn't high on your priority list.

Squiz
28-03-2012, 10:43 PM
Screwie's and my game has been played (3-0 for him) and is ready for verification. I'll sit out next season, as I won't be able to play until mid of April, but I'd like to keep my team in the Divisions, if that is possible.

Edit: To be perfectly honest, that game was a terrible experience. Not because I lost or because of the unlucky rolls on both sides (which were more of a cheerful intervention) but because I played really, really badly.

Sorry Screwie, you played a restrained and friendly game, thanks for that and also for the minimal amount of fouling (you had three bribes and only fouled once).

Heliocentric
28-03-2012, 10:46 PM
Also MB is firmly in the top percentage of useful abilities. I did the maths a while back, and in the end MB will result in a higher CAS % than taking block (obviously you'll get more TOs/use more RR though).

My priority is simply knocking them over, so I can 8 man foul and murder them.

laneford
28-03-2012, 10:49 PM
I lost again to the INFERNAL lizards of Phill Cameron. DAMN YOU LIZARDS. DAMN YOU CAMERON. It's like lizard kryptonite for my poor nurgles.

I now need a win against Vexing's amazons to avoid relegation to the third tier for the first time in a long time, with a team whose TV is now upwards of 2200.

It'll be embarassing.

On another note, I need some advice, skill wise. I levelled up three players in the aforementioned defeat, and can't decide what to pick.

My Beast of Nurgle who already has Block but nothing else, rolled his second double. I can't decide between Pro or Claw for him.

One of my Nurgle Warriors who already has Block, Tackle, Claw, Mighty Blow, also rolled a double (I'm not taking Piling On, as I don't like it and it's mean) so, I could give him Dodge to keep him upright, or ignore the double and go for something to stop people running away from him, maybe Tentacles or Prehensile Tail.

Thoughts?

X_kot
28-03-2012, 11:07 PM
A block & tackle mighty claw with an abhorrance to piling on? Nuffle forbid!

I would suggest use the double for Dodge or else ignore it and take Frenzy. If he had a +STR, tentacle would be an awesome pick.

Janek
28-03-2012, 11:26 PM
Diving Tackle.

No, really. I've played against DT Warriors before and they're REALLY ANNOYING.

mrpier
29-03-2012, 06:24 AM
For the beast I think I would go pro, claw is very nice but it will make you want to be more active with him (it), dodge is also an option to make him super annoying to block and will combine nicely with break tackle/stand firm later. Far out option is tackle, to hinder dodge players using their ability to avoid the tentacles.

Rakysh
29-03-2012, 06:33 AM
Seeing as it doesn't have Guard yet, I'd get that. On both. Pretend to be Dwarves.

Squiz
29-03-2012, 06:58 AM
I'll sit out next season, as I won't be able to play until mid of April, but I'd like to keep my team in the Divisions, if that is possible.I was just thinking - how long would it take the current season to finish? I know that I'll be back at April 10th and could play the first week's game right away. Maybe I won't have to dwindle my thumbs during April after all.

LowKey
29-03-2012, 08:46 AM
You shouldnt have a problem if youre back by the tenth, the week only rolls on officially today and then theres the new season applications which will take a bit, stand firm is a good choice for mummies, my two lvl 3's have guard then one with SF the other breaktackle, theyll get the other skill next lev (unless i roll a double, then maybe jump up!?)

Heliocentric
29-03-2012, 09:15 AM
stand firm is a good choice for mummies, my two lvl 3's have guard then one with SF the other breaktackle, theyll get the other skill next lev (unless i roll a double, then maybe jump up!?)I prefer to base my ups on things are going can predict, like my own blocking, and my guard addiction.

People won't want to bother attacking a mummy with a mutual guard cage and stand firm, so I guess I'll just have to work that unto my strategy. That I can now nonchalantly walk on the very edge of the pitch (unless jugganaut blitz) will make for a sinister threat of crowd surfing hazard.

Next time I get a turn 1 or 9 touch back my mummy is walking up the wing.

El Cubo
29-03-2012, 09:34 AM
For the beast I think I would go pro, claw is very nice but it will make you want to be more active with him (it), dodge is also an option to make him super annoying to block and will combine nicely with break tackle/stand firm later. Far out option is tackle, to hinder dodge players using their ability to avoid the tentacles.

It depends on how he utilizes the monstrosity. If the beast moves and blocks frequently, pro is a good choice. It also synergizes with break tackle later. Claw makes him into a killer.

On the other hand, if he's a road block, then dodge combined with stand firm and guard later makes him a really annoying player, once he's in position. Dodge also synergizes with break tackle. I wouldn't pick tackle. In my experience, dodging players tended to stay well away from the beast.

Alethron
29-03-2012, 11:20 AM
One of my Nurgle Warriors who already has Block, Tackle, Claw, Mighty Blow, also rolled a double (I'm not taking Piling On, as I don't like it and it's mean)

I applaud you, sir

Skydancer
29-03-2012, 11:35 AM
Why does somebody not like piling on? It's icing on the cake!

groovychainsaw
29-03-2012, 11:40 AM
I certainly don't object to opposition players with piling on - yes, its a chance for them to score another injury, but its also putting their valuable chaosman on the floor for a turn, leaving either
1) A hole
2) a nice fouling opportunity

Once he's got claw and mighty blow, its pretty inevitable he'll injure someone during the match, at least piling on would mean you have a chance to get back at him. Plus its one less 'other' skill for that player making him more vulnerable to reprisals, possibly.

NieA7
29-03-2012, 12:02 PM
I'd never take piling on, I'd rather keep my players upright and exerting tackle zones (I even resent wrestle taking down one of my guys in my own turn). I've seen it used effectively (usually by ensuring cover for the piling on player, which sucks even more guys out of position) but there are so many other skills I'd take first I usually don't consider it.

Stand Firm is an awesome skill. With Wights, Mummies and Ghouls Undead can have 8 players on the pitch that you control the pushback for - that's horrendous for an attacker to deal with, doubly so if you get guard on them. I gave both my Wights Mighty Blow for their second skill but to be honest I regret it now, I think stand firm would have been a much better choice.

As for the beast, I don't really rate pro but it's a fairly solid second double choice. Side Step could be quite nasty, a small upgrade over stand firm but a worthwhile one with tentacles as you could spread the love around a bit. Other skills I'd think about would be diving tackle, tackle, dodge and prehensile tail (possibly pass block as an outsider). Claw is nice but it's a bit more active than I'd play the beast myself. Dodge could be great if you mean to go for break tackle next.

President Weasel
29-03-2012, 12:11 PM
I played Zoraster's Norse last night and both the injuries they caused were from piling on. It's a useful synergistic skill for bashy teams.

Skydancer
29-03-2012, 12:18 PM
Yes, and of course you can choose when to apply it. My mighty blow, piling on, break tackle, stand firm tomb guardian can both roadblock and steamroll with ease, depending on the situation; he's the player I get to when I need to make sure somebody stays down.

Edit: I guess people know you can set piling on to not go off automatically, right?

Screwie
29-03-2012, 12:23 PM
An all-Stand Firm Dwarf team is probably rather nightmarish to deal with too.

Squiz
29-03-2012, 01:14 PM
Yes, and of course you can choose when to apply it. My mighty blow, piling on, break tackle, stand firm tomb guardian can both roadblock and steamroll with ease, depending on the situation; he's the player I get to when I need to make sure somebody stays down. Edit: I guess people know you can set piling on to not go off automatically, right?Also, it's 1337 to only pile on when the armour has already been cracked by the regular attack.

Alistair Hutton
29-03-2012, 01:16 PM

To annoy the shit out of your opponents? Stand Firm is up there with Side Step in terms of utter annoyance as a skill.

President Weasel
29-03-2012, 01:40 PM
Stand Firm, Guard, Dodge if you can get it, Block - Line Monster. Give 'em Mighty Blow if you can't get the dodge.

Grinn's orcs have stand firm on 4 or 5 players through the team; they frustrated the hell out of me last time my orcs played his.

Skydancer
29-03-2012, 01:46 PM
Also, it's 1337 to only pile on when the armour has already been cracked by the regular attack.

It can only get worse.

Screwie
29-03-2012, 01:50 PM
Edit: To be perfectly honest, that game was a terrible experience. Not because I lost or because of the unlucky rolls on both sides (which were more of a cheerful intervention) but because I played really, really badly.

You didn't do so badly, really. It was mainly a few key blocks, dodges and passes that let you down - and that sometimes, something ridiculous I did actually worked.

Case in point... when the ball was in my half, adjacent to the sideline and surrounded by three orcs, I just threw a goblin at them! The goblin scattered and landed right on the ball, knocking it out of bounds and it was thrown into a much better position for me to pick up.

Sorry Screwie, you played a restrained and friendly game, thanks for that and also for the minimal amount of fouling (you had three bribes and only fouled once).

To be fair my first foul was so good I didn't want to jinx it. KO'd your scary Mighty Blow blitzer on the first try!

It's an (inevitable) annoyance when I get to play with Fouls and my secret weapons all get BH in the first drive.

At the best of times, I am not usually a fouling player with goblins. Typically I can't afford to lose the manpower (or the bribes, if I have them).

darkweeble
29-03-2012, 04:54 PM
My priority is simply knocking them over, so I can 8 man foul and murder them.

Yes. This is exactly what he does and it's horrifying.

darkweeble
29-03-2012, 05:29 PM
I was out of the state for the past couple days and then toured a level 4 biolab (SO AWESOME!) on Tuesday, so I haven't had time to post this screenshot. It's from my last game against The Brain and apparently it's too large and the wrong file type, so please accept my Imgur link: http://i.imgur.com/9Lu8f.jpg

Squiz
29-03-2012, 05:30 PM
It can only get worse.How exactly? If the armour role failed and you use PO to re-roll it you are running the risk that you won't make the injury roll but you will have your guy on the ground in any case. If however the armour roll succeeds, you still can re-roll the injury die. Or was that a joke?

Screwie
29-03-2012, 05:36 PM

Down with that sort of thing!

ChainsawHands
29-03-2012, 05:42 PM
I was out of the state for the past couple days and then toured a level 4 biolab (SO AWESOME!) on Tuesday, so I haven't had time to post this screenshot. It's from my last game against The Brain and apparently it's too large and the wrong file type, so please accept my Imgur link: http://i.imgur.com/9Lu8f.jpg"In Nuffle We Trust", huh? I think I see your problem...

X_kot
29-03-2012, 05:55 PM
That poor troll! I hope he was only BH...

20phoenix
29-03-2012, 06:39 PM
Are they updating the game? Cant seem to log in to multiplayer at the moment...

The Brain
29-03-2012, 06:40 PM
To be honest most of those injuries were gifts from nuffle. One of the dead gobbos was from a thrown rock when he only had 5 players left anyway and the other was from a failed dodge I think. The troll however is MNG due to a thoroughly nasty kick in the shins from my elf blitzer.

President Weasel
29-03-2012, 06:47 PM

This is exactly what I did against Zoraster's troll in the Open last night and it was horrifying - the first time I got a stun, and the second time I rolled snake eyes and watched my guy get sent off leaving the troll unharmed. Stupid 8-man fouls.

Skydancer
29-03-2012, 07:35 PM
How exactly? If the armour role failed and you use PO to re-roll it you are running the risk that you won't make the injury roll but you will have your guy on the ground in any case. If however the armour roll succeeds, you still can re-roll the injury die. Or was that a joke?

If you reroll the injury dice because you're not happy enough with a stun, it can only get worse for the poor waffle (either stun again, ko or cas).

darkweeble
29-03-2012, 07:39 PM
Are they updating the game? Cant seem to log in to multiplayer at the moment...

There is an update being deployed today. I'm not sure how long it's going to take and I fully expect the game to be more broken when they're done. I have a match scheduled for tonight so we'll see how that goes.

20phoenix
29-03-2012, 08:07 PM
There is an update being deployed today. I'm not sure how long it's going to take and I fully expect the game to be more broken when they're done. I have a match scheduled for tonight so we'll see how that goes.

Thanks. Information on anything to do with the game state seems to be exceptionally scarce. Judging from other peoples conversations this appears to be the status quo for Cyanide

Squiz
29-03-2012, 08:13 PM
Yay for Blood Bowl patches.

Heliocentric
29-03-2012, 08:15 PM
Down with that sort of thing!

As an undead player opponents dying is a core tenant of my recruitment strategy, I'm currently sitting on 300,000 gold because of this mentality.

I intend to fill a pool with gold and swim in it like Scrooge Mc Duck.

Janek
29-03-2012, 08:16 PM
For reference, the Steam patch hasn't been deployed yet, see this thread for manual patching. (http://forum.bloodbowl-game.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1013)

Screwie
29-03-2012, 08:18 PM
Fwiw, here are the patch notes for today's update:

- Fixed multiple issues with Saved Formations.
- Fixed an exploit where one could place more than 11 players on the pitch.
- Fixed Fan Factor changes at end of match.
- Fixed Pouring Rain modifer wrongly applied with Big Hand skill.
- Fixed an issue with Piling On freezing the game when a player has been pushed out of field.
- Wizard : Can now only be used at the start of your turn or opponent turn.
- Blood Lust: Fixed invalid roll made when pushed back in opponent end zone with ball / catching ball on end zone.
- Dump-Off: Fixed wrong throwing arrow range.
- Dump-Off: Cannot be used when player is hypnotized.
- Leap: Fixed an exploit allowing a player to move one extra square.
- Fixed a random crash in Real Time.

Some long overdue fixes in there. :)

EDIT: Also according to the devs apparently the winnings bug will be fixed next Tuesday - so there may well be more patching next week!

Kelron
29-03-2012, 08:45 PM
Cyanide actually doing something?

groovychainsaw
29-03-2012, 08:51 PM
Hi all, I'm hopping on in a minute (If I'm patched!) to move everyone on to the final day. Deadline was tonight - anyone still got a game they don't want to get defaulted, let me know now! :-)

The Brain
29-03-2012, 09:06 PM
I'll be glad to see the winnings bug fixed. I got screwed by it last season which meant I couldn't buy an apothecary until the end of the season.

groovychainsaw
29-03-2012, 09:17 PM
Right, moved everyone along - you are now organising your final game!
10 days until the end of the season!

Div 3, both your games are outstanding, but i think that's probably my fault as there was a fixture mismatch so I'm letting you guys have a little more time. WTF/Ininja, there's not been a post from either of you in the groups - you planning to play, or should i default you to a draw and move on? Jiiiim - we are waiting on your pc being intact for the champs game, I really don't want to default a game in the champs if i can help it, any chance of being up and running in reasonable time?

Jiiiiim
29-03-2012, 09:20 PM
I've ordered it, it hasn't been despatched yet but theoretically it's a next-day delivery when it is despatched. Give it until Monday? Assuming that's alright with the crew.

Alistair Hutton
29-03-2012, 10:12 PM
As an undead player opponents dying is a core tenant of my recruitment strategy, I'm currently sitting on 300,000 gold because of this mentality.

I intend to fill a pool with gold and swim in it like Scrooge Mc Duck.

I have 600,000 in the bank as Humans I could start a second team with that.

Dentharial
29-03-2012, 10:33 PM
Sovereign Right (Helves, Dentharial) vs The Tufthybrushe Fruitcakes (Halflings, Kapouille)

Last time we met, I slaughtered his team, leaving just 2 treemen on the field and generally scoring touchdowns all over this place.

The following screenshot will be my match report for this time around.

For those counting, that's 8 elves injured, 2 KO'd, and the 11th about to be 6 or 7 man fouled. And those injuries include a Niggling, a -AG, and a couple of MNGs, I believe.

Final score

Sovereign Right 1 - 2 The Tuftybrushe Fruitcakes

So...I believe there's an orc slot freeing up if Pseudo is marked as inactive?

Edit: And at Heliocentric below me: Hold your tentacular Cthulu horses, sir. I'll fill in that spreadsheet as soon as I manage to get this screenshot at a decent resolution. Which is now done.

Heliocentric
29-03-2012, 10:47 PM
I was outdone in the Elf bashing stakes?

God damn it. *sigh*

I guess the important thing is, Elves were bashed, does it really matter who by?

edit: acid bricks at the ready sirs, Dentharial and Kapouille have not filled in the sheet.

The Brain
29-03-2012, 10:53 PM
Sovereign Right (Helves, Dentharial) vs The Tufthybrushe Fruitcakes (Halflings, Kapouille)

Last time we met, I slaughtered his team, leaving just 2 treemen on the field and generally scoring touchdowns all over this place.

My gobbo bashing is put to shame by the blood thirsty halflings. You must have had sandwiches stuffed in your shorts or something.

ntw
29-03-2012, 11:07 PM

For those counting, that's 8 elves injured, 2 KO'd, and the 11th about to be 6 or 7 man fouled. And those injuries include a Niggling, a -AG, and a couple of MNGs, I believe.

Final score

Sovereign Right 1 - 2 The Tuftybrushe Fruitcakes

So...I believe there's an orc slot freeing up if Pseudo is marked as inactive?

Edit: And at Heliocentric below me: Hold your tentacular Cthulu horses, sir. I'll fill in that spreadsheet as soon as I manage to get this screenshot at a decent resolution. Which is now done.

UnHoly Nuffle! You got destroyed by Halflings! How is that even possible?

Heliocentric
29-03-2012, 11:15 PM
UnHoly Nuffle! You got destroyed by Halflings! How is that even possible?

I don't doubt the treemen helped.

Skydancer
29-03-2012, 11:32 PM
Yeah, those treemen sent half my team off the pitch on the first half. They are vicious.
I feel lucky both of them rooted down in two turns on the second half, otherwise I'd have ended like Dent's elves.

Kapouille
29-03-2012, 11:34 PM
I don't doubt the treemen helped.

They had something to do with it. You see, this time around they didn't take root despite me throwing rerolls by the bucket at the problem :)

I think we can remember Sovereign Rights by the previous match we played against them. The situation was completely reversed, I had 8 halflings out and they humiliated us by scoring 4-0.

The catch is, I did inflict permanent injuries this time around, the poor fellas are badly crippled.

That said, I seem to remember that some undead teams did tenderise the elf meat beforehand this season, didn't they ;)

Edit : oh, and there was a nice elfball action in the first turns, leaving me no chance of doing anything. Also, interesting to note that the heat was blistering, and a lot of elves fainted early on, despite not having had any notification from the game (??)

Kapouille
29-03-2012, 11:39 PM
My gobbo bashing is put to shame by the blood thirsty halflings. You must have had sandwiches stuffed in your shorts or something.

Yes, black pudding and strawberry sangers. Yum yum.

Dentharial
30-03-2012, 12:06 AM
Yeah, I was quite proud of so smoothly scoring that touchdown in turn 2. And then 3 of my elves were lying off pitch from the mysteriously arriving Sweltering Heat (it wasn't the kickoff event, they were off pitch even when I was setting up) and it all went downhill from there.

Also a fun bug occurred right at the start of the game. It only put 10 of my players on the pitch, with the 11th sitting in the subs menu. I tried to yank him on, but it would only allow me to swap him with someone already there. Fortunately, the game also complained that I didn't have enough players on the pitch, and then automagically placed him in the backfield before the kickoff.

It didn't screw me over, since I had more than enough to score pretty easily, but I can imagine for a slower team it might be very frustrating to run into that.

Also, also! Although the treemen certainly did a fair bit of work, I remember that at least 2 injuries were scored by halflings. And at least one more was due to...shall we say an 'optimistic' attempt at dodging to stop a touchdown?

Kapouille
30-03-2012, 08:04 AM
the mysteriously arriving Sweltering Heat

According to the http://www.bloodbowlonline.com/LivingRulebook5.pdf, weather is determined right at the start of the match. Disappointingly, the game doesn't tell you about that directly apart from some visual effects being on or off (Now I remember, after the fact, that I had blizzard on a last match, I could only figure out because there were some odd snowflakes falling down on one side of the pitch...!)

Zoraster
30-03-2012, 08:38 AM
It does appear on the dice log, but if you don't look before kick off you'll miss it. However there is the weather icon on the top left so you can always tell. I think it also has a pop up explaining the precise effects, but I may be making that up. As a TT player it isn't the sort of thing I ever think of using.

LowKey
30-03-2012, 08:48 AM
zoraster is quite correct in all accounts

Dentharial
30-03-2012, 09:12 AM
Whoops, having rechecked the replay, it turns out that changing weather to Sweltering Heat was in fact the first kick off event (and then I lost my elves to it at the start of the next drive).

Guess I missed it behind the message of those dastardly halflings stealing my rerolls.

Heliocentric
30-03-2012, 09:16 AM
That said, I seem to remember that some undead teams did tenderise the elf meat beforehand this season, didn't they ;)Trust a Halflings coach to use a culinary term.

6 cas from me, 8 from the Halflings, I wonder how many did skydancer's Khemra delivered and is there an award for cas sustained in a single division because I think the elves might win it.

INinja132
30-03-2012, 09:20 AM
Don't default mine and WTF's game, we're planning on playing tonight. We've generally been organising over Steam instead of in the forums. Sorry about that, but if we don't play tonight just default us I guess.

Heliocentric
30-03-2012, 09:34 AM
Contact your division opponents, if you are able to make a schedule that suits everyone then defaults might be avoided.

ChainsawHands
30-03-2012, 09:36 AM
For those counting, that's 8 elves injured, 2 KO'd, and the 11th about to be 6 or 7 man fouled. And those injuries include a Niggling, a -AG, and a couple of MNGs, I believe.*sniff* It's... it's beautiful.

ntw
30-03-2012, 09:47 AM
Don't default mine and WTF's game, we're planning on playing tonight. We've generally been organising over Steam instead of in the forums. Sorry about that, but if we don't play tonight just default us I guess.

This is one of the reasons we ask people to try and organise their matches (or at least track their attempts at organising) in the division specific group discussion threads. :)

Having berated you for that, good job for posting here and letting us know.

groovychainsaw
30-03-2012, 09:51 AM
I didn't default the aforementioned game anyway - I was giving people a chance to respond - if you can play your game tonight ininja, that'll be fine :-).

cyberpunkdreams
30-03-2012, 12:07 PM
Also a fun bug occurred right at the start of the game. It only put 10 of my players on the pitch, with the 11th sitting in the subs menu. I tried to yank him on, but it would only allow me to swap him with someone already there. Fortunately, the game also complained that I didn't have enough players on the pitch, and then automagically placed him in the backfield before the kickoff.

It didn't screw me over, since I had more than enough to score pretty easily, but I can imagine for a slower team it might be very frustrating to run into that.

I've had that bug in single player a fair number of times. Very annoying!

I had an even better one last night though (again in single player). It wouldn't let me do anything with the initial set-up: couldn't move players, couldn't sub, couldn't change formation... couldn't anything. Never had that happen before. Maybe a new bug since the update yesterday?

Skydancer
30-03-2012, 01:18 PM
Trust a Halflings coach to use a culinary term.

6 cas from me, 8 from the Halflings, I wonder how many did skydancer's Khemra delivered and is there an award for cas sustained in a single division because I think the elves might win it.

... Two cas. Told you my bashies couldn't bash an egg box.

LowKey
30-03-2012, 02:02 PM
Probably the most common bug iv had and ita always the zombie who then takes half the match waddeling up the field

20phoenix
30-03-2012, 07:42 PM
Bug cropped up for me for the first time today. Rat Ogre disappeared from the game - only problem was he didnt bother reappearing....

Thankfully I was 3-0 down so his loss wasnt a game changer

Vexing Vision
30-03-2012, 08:33 PM
When one of your people disappears and refuses to be placed properly, use one of the pre-defined formations to get 11 players back on the pitch. Of course, you have to replace them manually again, but it's usually better than having a zombie back at your own TD line!

DWZippy
30-03-2012, 09:03 PM
My elves have taken down 9 people this season, with one game to play. Sorry gorm Im still in Ireland, but should be home soon.

Cacamas
30-03-2012, 09:09 PM
The Phantom Menace 1 - 1 The Top Brass

Another unsatisfying result for the brass. Plenty of failed dice rolls in this one so it played quickly and haphazardly. Rakysh won the toss and elected to kick, clearly going for the standard 2-1 grind. I duly obliged with a TD on turn 3, but not before dithering over how to move the cage around my thrower and leaving him exposed to a 1D block from a wight. Luckily for me, it came up a skull, followed by a push back, allowing me to dodge away for a standard pass and catch. The drive from the necros quickly broke down as every second dice decided to fail, burning through both our rerolls and creating a number of great chances for Rakysh, only for the dice to let him down each time.

Second half went more according to plan for the necros and, after much pushing downfield and gradually reducing the number of elves on the pitch, a ghoul ran over for the equaliser. There were still two turns left and after a spot of elfy dodging, I had a catcher on one side of the pitch and two linesmen on the other. Rakysh swarmed the two linesmen and blitzed the catcher away from the danger zone. But one of the linesmen could still do it, dodging away beautifully, running for the line and falling flat on his face on a single GFI. I think I shall invest in sure feet for a few of my guys, they sure seem to like failing GFIs...

So a 3rd draw for Rayksh and the single point for the (Not so) Top Brass. Hmm.

MadDave123
30-03-2012, 10:11 PM
Div 3, both your games are outstanding, but i think that's probably my fault as there was a fixture mismatch so I'm letting you guys have a little more time.Cheers groovy. Me and grinn plan to have ours done by Sunday morning.

cyberpunkdreams
30-03-2012, 11:17 PM

Another unsatisfying result for the brass. Plenty of failed dice rolls in this one so it played quickly and haphazardly. Rakysh won the toss and elected to kick, clearly going for the standard 2-1 grind. I duly obliged with a TD on turn 3, but not before dithering over how to move the cage around my thrower and leaving him exposed to a 1D block from a wight. Luckily for me, it came up a skull, followed by a push back, allowing me to dodge away for a standard pass and catch. The drive from the necros quickly broke down as every second dice decided to fail, burning through both our rerolls and creating a number of great chances for Rakysh, only for the dice to let him down each time.

Second half went more according to plan for the necros and, after much pushing downfield and gradually reducing the number of elves on the pitch, a ghoul ran over for the equaliser. There were still two turns left and after a spot of elfy dodging, I had a catcher on one side of the pitch and two linesmen on the other. Rakysh swarmed the two linesmen and blitzed the catcher away from the danger zone. But one of the linesmen could still do it, dodging away beautifully, running for the line and falling flat on his face on a single GFI. I think I shall invest in sure feet for a few of my guys, they sure seem to like failing GFIs...

So a 3rd draw for Rayksh and the single point for the (Not so) Top Brass. Hmm.

I've not been on the forum long and I've not played a league match yet, but I really enjoy these reports! Thanks.

Gorm
30-03-2012, 11:51 PM
No problem DW your trip to Ireland wont effect the outcome.

President Weasel
30-03-2012, 11:53 PM

I think I shall invest in sure feet for a few of my guys, they sure seem to like failing GFIs...

Or - you could start them off one square closer to where they want to be

INinja132
31-03-2012, 01:25 AM
Well, didn't manage to catch WTF last night (I was away from about 6.30-10.30pm GMT, and when I got back he was on snooze, so I don't know if he's been around). Would we possibly be able to get an extension to Sunday, or even just tomorrow? It's just been a series of close misses as far as I can tell.

20phoenix
31-03-2012, 12:33 PM
I just picked up an -AV injury on a GR which had Catch and Block so fired him. Bad choice? Figured with ST2 he already a target and -AV would just leave me a man short a lot

Janek
31-03-2012, 12:37 PM
Probably a good call, with only catch and block he's easily replaced.

President Weasel
31-03-2012, 03:07 PM
Red Skull Reavers (pres. Weasel, Chaos mans) 3 - 2 Altdorf Army XI (Al Hutton, Human mans)

This game was a classic for the ages. The chaosmans raced into a two nil lead thanks to elf-ball between their two Ag4 beastmen, then just before the end of the first half (the ref rolled the clock back a turn to give Al a chance, thanks ref) Al scored a ridiculous TD involving two successive turns where his catch failed and the ball landed in the hands of another of his players.

In the second half Al pulled another touchdown back and was one unlikely, but potentially stupidly awesome, pass from victory. The interception failed, but the pass (half the length of the field, from a player whose only skill was kick) scattered. The beastmen got hold of the ball and made a dent in the human numbers through shunts and KO's, then headed up the pitch towards their inevitable winner.
Which got considerably less inevitable when Hutton got a 2 dice against block on the ball carrier with a wrestle man, and rerolled it to block block. Luckily for the chaos mans, "safe hands", the skill of guaranteed disappointment, actually worked this time. A hand off to an elfchaosman left the humans needing 2 go for its, two dodges, and a 2-dice against hit. The human player made a brave effort, but the match ended with my elfman running in the winning touchdown.

It was a fun packed game, and Mr Hutton was excellent company once again.

(PS: can an admin admin our game? We think we might have got skill ups!)

(PPS: whoever wins the remaining match in Div2 gets promoted and the loser gets demoted. If it's a draw it goes to TD/Cas calculations, and Duffin goes to Div3. No pressure!)

Squiz
31-03-2012, 04:33 PM
Hey fellas! I just logged in from the Palmers Hilton Hotel in Chicago to tell you that I miss you! :( Can't wait for the next season to begin!

WhiskeyTangoFox
31-03-2012, 08:23 PM
Gridiron Maidens vs. The Rakish Rodents

Due to several scheduling conflicts as well as a few fields that were determined "unfit for flora, fauna... well unfit for anything, frankly", the highly anticipated match between the Maidens and the Rodents was postponed. Fortunately, the Lords of Chaos graciously opened a portal to an unnamed plane of existence in which there was a perfectly suitable Blood Bowl pitch.

The first half opened with the Maidens receiving the ball. A stray kick resulted in a quick touchback and cage up for the Amazons at midfield. Due to a miscommunication (Editor's Note: probably a temporary Chaos possession), the Amazons left their lines a bit exposed and the infamous rat ogre from the Rodents took advantage and frenzied his way to mark the ball carrier. A failed lateral by the Amazons resulted in the ball being scooped back into the Rodents possession. A small riot broke out at midfield and casualties mounted as the Rodents scampered and passed their way to the opening score.

The second half was as bashy as the first with the Rat Ogre leading the charge. Again, casualties mounted and the Amazons learned to keep their distance and instead focused their attention on the Rodents' receivers. With no one left to pass to, the Rodents caged up, but left their flank exposed. With only 3 turns remaining, the Amazons stormed the Rodents ball carrier, recovered the ball and made a break for the end zone. It would come down to turn 16 heroics for the Rakish Rodents and their star gutter runner to preserve the victory... He dodged around the loose cage and threw himself at the ball carrier.. only to be on the receiving end of a viscous elbow to the nose. Battered and bloodied, the gutter runner could only watch as the Amazons ran in for the score as time expired.

Final Result: 1-1

Well played ININJA! Glad we could escape the dreaded default and got our match in. I may have to retire one of my blitzers who suffered a smashed collar bone which renders her practically useless... The Division 4 title will be decided next week as the Gridiron Maidens square off against the Bishi Bashi Special!!

X_kot
31-03-2012, 09:54 PM
(Hum, Graever) Codsbottom Brawlers 0 - 0 The Knuckle Heads (Ogr, X_kot)
One botched pick-up determined the game!

In the closing minutes of the match, Lineman Admund the Bawler knew that his team needed him more than ever. The Codsbottom Brawlers had stood up to the hulking Knuckle Heads for fifteen turns, sacrificing both the team's thrower and catcher to get to this point: all Admund had to do was walk over, pick up the ball, and run in the touchdown. Sadly, he only got a third of that right, and before the humans could react, the ball was at half-field before the closing gong sounded.

Both teams came very close to scoring, but positioning and luck foiled every attempt. The Brawlers won the opening coin toss and elected to receive. The humans positioned themselves heavily on the left, leaving their quarterback in the back field. The ogres kicked to the right and prepared for the rush. However, the first play was cut abruptly short as the Brawlers' ogre, #05 Vulgott Head-Splitter, attempted to dodge past an innocuous snotling and ended up face planting in the sod. This left the humans off-balance as the Knuckle Heads pushed forward. An unlucky attempt by a human blitzer to pick up the ball saw the ogre team's Dagg Facebeater gain possession unexpectedly due to it bouncing up and landing in his mouth. The humans mustered enough defense to prevent Facebeater from moving forward but not enough to easily overpower him. Several risky blocks later (including an ogre-on-ogre hit that saw Knuckle Head team captain Gurm Knee-Capper temporarily injured), and the humans regained control just before the half ended.

The second half saw the Brawlers assemble close to the scrimmage line, which paid off handsomely as they blitzed the offense right after the kick. Two blitzers streaked down the right flank while two other blitzers moved to support the linesmen. Snotlings took charge, picking up the ball and making a hand-off without a mistake. They managed to move up the right side past the scrimmage, but human blitzers successfully intercepted the snots and pounded them into the turf. The Brawlers turned the tide and moved the ball back down the field, but the botched play by the Bawler concluded the game at a tie.

It was a great game, and Graever was a good sport as we bashed each other. Dice were all over the board: we rolled a lot of ones (three double ones), Graever rolled a lot of sixes, and I threw a lot of pows. Only serious injury to either team was a -MV to a random snot; he will not be missed.

Graever
01-04-2012, 01:53 AM
An unsurprisingly bashy game between the Knuckle Heads and Brawlers. Though Nuffle, apparently being in a really odd mood allowed the humans to walk away with only a single mng despite half the team being knocked silly by ogres.

I must also congratulate the Knuckle Head snotlings (or perhaps more accurately their herder) for managing to constantly be where the Brawlers least needed them to be. And while I'm sure we can all sympathize with Mr. Head-Splitters inability to spot the little fellow he will be getting some remedial training in the sadly underappreciated art of spotting snotlings in grass

President Weasel
01-04-2012, 03:23 PM
Red Skull Reavers (pres. Weasel, Chaos mans) 3 - 2 Altdorf Army XI (Al Hutton, Human mans)

PS: can an admin admin our game? We think we might have got skill ups!

Thanks, admin! I did get a skill up. In fact, after all my "I never get a Str up" whining, I got a Str up... on a Chaos Warrior who already has +Mov. Ladies and gentlemen, secret Swedes and Huttons, I give you

Professor Brian Cox!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/chompmancobra/Professor_Cox.jpg

I shall be so sad when he dies.

Tom OBedlam
01-04-2012, 05:22 PM
Hello Admins, me and Jaytee are going to need our game defaulted. We've not been able to sort out our game this week due to sickness, so I guess we'll just need to roll on.

Indefatigible Snoozer
01-04-2012, 07:31 PM
Alini and I had some hardcore dorf on dorf action today. In some respects, a very undorfy game resulted, with dodging and passing both making an appearance.

Also, only two injuries (one of which was a death, apoc'd to BH)! Both on Alini's side, but, with the amount of Mighty Blow floating around, quite a surprising result.

One of the main team differences was the lack of Deathroller on my side. This was always going to be problematic for me, since, with slow moving dwarves on both sides, it was unlikely I was going to get it off anytime prior to the end of the first half. However, I managed to neutralise it for most of the first half by the simple expedient of sitting my Stand Firm blocker next to it. He was a champion, taking his blows and standing right up the following turn for more punishment.

Alini elected to receive, and formed up a cage behind his LoS. My dwarves moved in, and a vicious melee ensued. The ball was eventually knocked into the hands of one of my Runners, only for him to be knocked down and the ball collected again by Alini. Finally opening a hole in the center with the Deathroller, and following a hand-off to a waiting blitzer, a TD seemed a certainty on turn 8, especially after the one dorf I had in range rolled only a push on his 1D blitz. Alini brought down his deathroller to mark my dorf, and, only 3 squares from the TD line, needing only a push, rolled his 2D blitz. Block/Skull. Not wanting to risk a dodge with his 3 AG blitzer, he went for the higher odds, and rerolled his 2 block dice. Skull/Skull. Half-time 0-0.

The Deathroller trundled off, much to my relief, and a high-ball left my AG 4/Str 4 runner with the ball. I too formed a cage behind my LoS, and the melee commenced again. We traded blows ineffectually, with a couple of stuns, but no real holes opening up. Then, I spotted a gap, and blitzed my way up the right flank with my ball carrier. I tied up most of his dorfs with mine, meaning he would need to make several knockdowns, dodges and GFIs to get enough players on the ball carrier for an effective blitz. He managed to do that however, but only managed a push. Next turn I moved up some dorfs in support, and my elf-dorf ball carrier blitzed, then dodged free, to end up within spitting distance of the TD line. Again, after successful dodges, Alini blitzed the carrier, and this time knocked him down. The ball lay next to the sideline, one square from the TD line. Again, my elf-dorf rose to the occasion, getting up, blitzing away the one marking dorf, picking up the ball and stepping over the line for a TD on turn 13.

With 4 turns to equalise, Alini set up both his Stand-firm troll slayers on his right flank, in an attempt to storm down the field. A perfect defence, however, allowed me to shift players to answer his strategy. He went for it anyway, but soon had his blitzer ball carrier stuck against the side line, surrounded by my pink shirted minions. Those troll-slayers were annoying though, since, although they kept going down, they stayed in exactly the same square, and prevented an effective blitz. Still, my plan was to box him in, and hopefully not leave him with any outs. However, his main runner got through my line, and stood next to the TD line, and managed to catch a risky pass from the marked blitzer. Now it was my turn to dodge and GFI, which I managed, knocking the runner down, with the ball landing over the TD line right in the corner, in one of my dorf's tackle zones. With no possibility of any team mate support, Alini went for it, stood his runner up, made the 4+ dodge, but failed the final pick-up. 1-0 at game's end.

Great game Alini. Who says dorf games are boring?

Heliocentric
01-04-2012, 08:13 PM
Can somebody explain blocking from prone to me(or blitzing rather)? What risks does involve

President Weasel
01-04-2012, 08:24 PM
There's no risk blitzing from prone, but you lose the amount of movement it takes to stand up.
If your player has jump up, you can choose make a jump up roll (based on agility I think) and if you succeed you can block without using up your blitz. If you fail the action is wasted.

Gorm
01-04-2012, 08:48 PM
Oh i didnt know you could do that with jump up.

Janek
01-04-2012, 08:51 PM
Also if you have very low movement (less than 3 I believe, i.e. treemen) there's a fifty-fifty chance to fail the standup roll.

But yeah other than that not much.

Heliocentric
01-04-2012, 08:53 PM
Jump up+stand firm/side step=dangerous then, so prone blitz suffer no additional resources risks? I'll be doing more of them then.

potatoedoughnut
01-04-2012, 09:22 PM
Also if you have very low movement (less than 3 I believe, i.e. treemen) there's a fifty-fifty chance to fail the standup roll.

But yeah other than that not much.

The 4+ needed to stand for treemen is from take-root negatrait.

And the jump up roll is an agi roll with a +2 modifier (so a 2+ for agi 3). If fail you stay on the ground. If you use a blitz there is no penalty (just the -3 MV from standing).

Janek
01-04-2012, 10:37 PM
The 4+ needed to stand for treemen is from take-root negatrait.

And the jump up roll is an agi roll with a +2 modifier (so a 2+ for agi 3). If fail you stay on the ground. If you use a blitz there is no penalty (just the -3 MV from standing).

Ahem.

The only time a player can stand up is at the beginning of an Action at a cost of three squares from his movement. If the player has less than three squares of movement, he must roll 4+ to stand up - if he stands up successfully, he may not move extra squares unless he Goes For It

The Take Root roll would happen after the stand up roll. Then there's a GFI if it succeeds. Basically if you're a treeman try not to fall over.

President Weasel
01-04-2012, 10:52 PM
The stand up roll is specific to treemen because of the take root trait though, no?

Janek
01-04-2012, 10:57 PM
Nope, it's just specific to them because they're fatter and slower than anything else. If a Troll or Longbeard or Beast of Nurgle got a pair of smashed ankles it should in theory also make a standup roll.

MadDave123
01-04-2012, 11:17 PM
Hey admin-shaped peoples. Me and grinn managed to play today. Final score: Grinn 2 - 1 maddave123

Not sure how to add the score to the spreadsheet though, as it's still all skewiff (wrong names listed against each other in weeks 2 & 3). Should I put the score down under week 3, or, erm, yeah. *shrug*

AgP
01-04-2012, 11:56 PM
Nope, it's just specific to them because they're fatter and slower than anything else. If a Troll or Longbeard or Beast of Nurgle got a pair of smashed ankles it should in theory also make a standup roll.

So does that mean a treeman with a +MV (total MV of 3) would be able to stand up without needing to make a 4+ roll?

Janek
02-04-2012, 12:06 AM
In theory! But y'know. Cyanide.

President Weasel
02-04-2012, 01:08 AM
Hey admin-shaped peoples. Me and grinn managed to play today. Final score: Grinn 2 - 1 maddave123

Not sure how to add the score to the spreadsheet though, as it's still all skewiff (wrong names listed against each other in weeks 2 & 3). Should I put the score down under week 3, or, erm, yeah. *shrug*

I guess put the score down in week 3 for now? And then play week 2 this week.

potatoedoughnut
02-04-2012, 05:51 AM
Hmm, always thought the 4+ for treemen was from the nega. Guess that makes -MV a career ender for a Mummy.

Rakysh
02-04-2012, 06:13 AM
So does that mean a treeman with a +MV (total MV of 3) would be able to stand up without needing to make a 4+ roll?
Yeah, it does, which makes it a must-take if you roll it.

Jiiiiim
02-04-2012, 06:59 AM
I have a +Ma treeman on my halfling team for exactly that reason. Every time he stands up I go "BEHOLD THE SELF-RIGHTING TREEMAN". Invariably the other team only ever knock down the *other* treeman.

Rakysh
02-04-2012, 08:47 AM
I imagine the first time an opponent sees a 3mv treeman, the reaction is similar to Jonathan Pearce's here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXIreYJq-p0#t=6m24s (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXIreYJq-p0#t=6m24s)

DeekyFun
02-04-2012, 09:16 AM
Jlahnum and I got our game played yesterday afternoon, his Chaos team squaring off against my decidedly underwhelming High Elves.

Based on previous attempts I hadn't been expecting a good result, but luck was on my side (and more importantly, against Jlahnum) and the Dandy-Lions put together a convincing first half display, scoring twice (despite a fumble on my first attempted throw).

Jlahnum had a lot of work to do in the second half, and put together a solid cage, which the Elves were more than happy to back off from. The ball slowly made it down-field, too slowly, and progress was humstrung by a series of bad dice rolls causing Chaos turnovers. In the last couple of turns, Jlahnums poor luck meant the ball was spilt by his beastman on a gfi roll, and left out in the open. Looking for a final touchdown, my Elves moved themselves into position to score a third on the last turn, helped again by another Chaos turnover. Total competence is an alien concept, however, and the play failed as the High Elf linesman stumbled on his gfi crossing the goal-line.

Final score 2-0 to the Dandy-Lions. Our first ever victory. Possibly an outlier.

Screwie
02-04-2012, 10:05 AM
I imagine the first time an opponent sees a 3mv treeman, the reaction is similar to Jonathan Pearce's here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXIreYJq-p0#t=6m24s (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXIreYJq-p0#t=6m24s)

Beautifully apt analogy!

mrpier
02-04-2012, 11:50 AM
ntw- I'm off for easter holidays, too bad we couldn't get our game in this weekend. I'll be back sat or sun so that's still within the limit though.

Screwie
02-04-2012, 02:45 PM
More edition news!

The French Amazon site (http://www.amazon.fr/Focus-Blood-Bowl-%C3%A9dition-chaos/dp/B006WZ3HEI/) has updated more info on the upcoming "Chaos Edition" of the game, including:
3 new races, with Chaos Dwarf and Underworld teams specifically mentioned!
A total of 10 stadiums, including what is probably a new Lustrian stadium ("for Lizardmen and Amazons").
New championship for single player.
A September 6th release date.

No mention of new Star Players, although there's bound to be at least a couple for the new teams. Hoping for more though!

Probably an easy bet that the final new team is Chaos Pact too :)

Alini
02-04-2012, 03:36 PM
Nice write up Snoozer, dwarf vs. dwarf ended up pretty tense :)

Jiiiiim
02-04-2012, 05:45 PM
Alright still no sign of this computer or its delivery date, if the other people in my division want to organise their game then I'll concede this round.

X_kot
02-04-2012, 05:45 PM
Good catch, Screwie! Yay Underworld!

Screwie
02-04-2012, 06:04 PM
Well... sadly, there is some good news and some bad news.

After I found the info above, I tracked down an official post on the matter (http://forum.bloodbowl-game.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=813&start=220#p12878) on Cyanide's forums:

As we cannot keep the secret any longer, here is what we may confirm you will find in the next edition of Blood Bowl. However, please remember everything isn’t set in stone yet, and while some websites already publish information, these may be modified in the near future.

For the moment, I can confirm that there will be a new stadium and 3 additional races, including:
- The Underworld
- Chaos Dwarfs,
- And Daemons of Khorne, who have been specially developed for this edition.
I hear you thinking, but rest assured, this new race is being balanced to respect the rules of the game and to not be overpowered, when compared with other races (Halflings don’t count!)
- 2 new star players

Of course, similarly to what we did for the Legendary Edition, a special offer and a preferential price is planned for current players of Blood Bowl, but final price hasn’t been decided yet. As for the release date, it has yet to be determined, but I believe you might have to wait till after this summer.

As soon as I have more information, I’ll be sure to let you all know!

And a follow-up (http://forum.bloodbowl-game.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=813&start=230#p12888) in reply to the obvious fan response:

Sigh... if you are going to bother taking time to create and playtest a "new" team, could you please at least put the Chaos Pact and Slaan into the game so those of us that want to play with full LRB6 rules can do so? Well, ignoring the fact that star players and inducements are missing, of course... :P
Hi there,
creating teams (graphic assets, animations, logos, flags, cheerleaders..) taking some time and with different kind of persons that are involved with the programming, testing etc.
CP aren't in the game for different reasons including stuff like <time> and <people>. Slanns aren't here because of the GW fluff direction... they just don't want to have running, jumping, croaking "young" Slanns playing BB, even with the explanation given in the rules... I'll try to release some rough sketches I've made for them at the beginning of the developpement, after the release.

For this edition, pmcc did the code, Charles did the designing part, I did the art and our dear Mawie the animator did the... animations, helped by Stephane... smaller team than ever. Again with eager to give you a good game.

Hope you'll like it. Even with the CP missing out.

PS: We did actually made 2 more SP, not sure I can reveal'em now.

So... that's happening. No Chaos Pact for now and for the first time we might have to manually police leagues for illegal teams. Marvellous...

The new team's roster is not yet available for inspection.

Janek
02-04-2012, 06:09 PM
Oh boy I can't wait to see what a mess Cyanide make when they actually have to design something in the game. Although they surely can't be as horribly unbalanced as Chaos Pact, right? ...right?

Ritashi
02-04-2012, 06:48 PM
I don't think they have any concept of the amount of playtesting that has gone into the LRB, or any of the many, many reasons it works so well as a balanced rule set. Ah well, I really don't plan on giving Cyanide any more money anyway, so I guess it doesn't make much difference for me.

Zoraster
02-04-2012, 06:57 PM
Holding back two of the four remaining races is inexcusable and screams of milking the cashcow. It is transparently obvious the plan will be to finally complete the game in a further edition in a further 18 months or so. I hope the community will unite and give Cyanide the finger if they try and charge more than a tenner for something that barely qualifies as DLC in my book. There is so little content I will find it hard to justify parting with £5 let alone the probable £20 or so they’ll try and claim.

If you guys decide to upgrade then I don't think I'll be joining you. If there are just a few RPSers who opt not to upgrade I'll keep GASH running as an LE league if anyone wants to keep some Cyanide action going.

Jiiiiim
02-04-2012, 07:21 PM
I don't buy expansion packs, I'm sticking with LE*

*It's alright if it's part of the original thing I bought alright >_>

President Weasel
02-04-2012, 07:43 PM
Apparently GW doesn't want them putting Slann in, for GW fluff reasons (they don't want young Slann hopping about the place).

Nullkigan
02-04-2012, 07:44 PM
So, when is the next season? Did I miss two already?

Janek
02-04-2012, 07:45 PM
To be fair, they did say that about Chaos Dorfs too ahead of the Legendary Edition. I think.

ntw
02-04-2012, 07:57 PM
So, when is the next season? Did I miss two already?

S18 should start around the 10th...

ntw
02-04-2012, 07:58 PM

I put it in Week3 for you.

Cyanide.

:(

Heliocentric
02-04-2012, 08:06 PM
Bloodbowl is a nonsense alternative universe, stupid GW. I wouldn't be buying any later versions unless it carried massive improvements and was on sale. I hope the leagues don't all leave me behind.

X_kot
02-04-2012, 08:10 PM
Wow, lotta backlash about this. I kinda figured this business model was standard for the hobbyist industry, though? Have to buy the core book, then the special army booklet, then the models, the paints, etc.

Graever
02-04-2012, 08:48 PM
Some of us play the computer version precisely because we can't be bothered with the way GW demands we constantly spend more money to keep up to date.

X_kot
02-04-2012, 08:56 PM
Oh, for sure - that's certainly why I got the first Cyanide game. I think it will depend heavily on how much this expansion will cost for current owners: if it's between $15-20, I would happily buy it. Between $20-30, I would grudgingly buy it. +$30 and it would be hard to justify without additional features and guaranteed bugfixes.

Screwie
02-04-2012, 09:00 PM
Well, I simply don't trust Cyanide to get a brand new team right. They made a pics ear of wizards with their extended inducements, which is pretty blatant for a balance error.

Also, it's freaking Khorne, the lamest, most boring option possible. And as it's Khorne, you can expect yet another bashy Chaos team whose tactics will only vary marginally with the other two Chaos teams already in the game. Given Cyanide's track record with balance, I would not be surprised if their big guy was a Bloodthirster. Basically I don't see the need for it. If they could only manage two teams they should have spent the time on more Star Players instead.

I only hope that there is an option to disallow the Khorne side in leagues - or any team, for that matter, it would make a nice QoL enhancement. Kind of tempted to register on the official forums to ask just for that.

The price is another potential sticking point. 3 teams (only 2 of which matter), 2 star players and 1 stadium is not a whole lot. I would be happy with this at DLC-ish prices, but we'll have to see.

The biggest potential issue is if as a result of this expansion, the playerbase gets split up (as with Legendary Edition) or not (as with Dark Elf Edition).

So overall, a lot of trepidation mixed with a little bit of disappointment.

Janek
02-04-2012, 09:04 PM
Pricing aside, I wouldn't actually mind if they just made the versions cross-compatible, sort of like the first Dawn of War and its million expansions. As it is, it just looks like a cynical attempt to split the database and force people to update to continue playing with their community.

Edit: Huh I completely forgot about the Dark Elf upgrade. Hopefully it'll be like that, even if it isn't free this time.

Vexing Vision
02-04-2012, 09:08 PM
To be honest, that content doesn't sound very promising. I would prefer sticking to LE instead of upgrading but will accept the league's decision (assuming that owners of LE cannot play with owners of the expansion).

Due to holidayistic reasons, laneford and me are probably going to need an extension to the 10th or 11th of April if feasible for the final match in Div A, which is kind of decisive, too.

Heliocentric
02-04-2012, 09:14 PM
Also, it's freaking Khorne, the lamest, most boring option possible. And as it's Khorne, you can expect yet another bashy Chaos team whose tactics will onyl vary amrginally with the other two Chaos teams already in the game. Given Cyanide's track record with balance, I would not be surprised if their big guy was a Bloodthirster. Basically I don't see the need for it. If they could only manage two teams they should have spent the time on more Star Players instead.
The Tzeentch Blood bowl team would be the best, only a few guys in a hoods would show up but most of the opposition team would be off sick too, and you'd be able to use rerolls on your opponents rolls.

Screwie
02-04-2012, 09:16 PM
The Tzeentch Blood bowl team would be the best, only a few guys in a hoods would show up but most of the opposition team would be off sick too, and you'd be able to use rerolls on your opponents rolls.

Hahahaha, I like that :D

MadDave123
02-04-2012, 09:35 PM
I put it in Week3 for you.

Cyanide.

:(
Thanking yous. I suppose I could've just done that. But didn't know if it would break any spreadsheet-trickery magicks etc. :)

Also, regarding new races. Should I be interested in Chaos Dorfs? Never played them before. How do they differ from their cheating stunty non-chaos cousins?

Janek
02-04-2012, 09:44 PM
0-6 Chaos Dorf Blockers (basically just normal Dorfs except they have mutations on doubles)
0-16 Hobgoblins (I think it's 16 anyway, like Human linemen except with AV7)
0-2 Bull Centaurs (high movement ST4 monsters, totally awesome)
Also a minotaur but that remains shit.

They've got a solid bash core, but they're not quite as ridiculous (SIXTEEN GUARDS) as normal dorfs, and have more mobility.

Screwie
02-04-2012, 09:58 PM
Yep, imagine a Dwarf side but faster, with more AG 3 and access to high ST.

Conversely the Underworld side is a bit of an oddball. A skaven/goblin mix without Gutter Runners or Secret Weapons but the cannon fodder awesomeness of goblins and Chaos-level amounts of mutations.

Janek
02-04-2012, 10:42 PM
Stunty + Two Heads + Horns = Fun times.

I love Underworld, they're ridiculously good fun, even if the injury-proneness means they're not terribly competetive in the long run.

Rakysh
02-04-2012, 11:08 PM
Bull Centaurs are like Mv8 and start with sprint, I think. Horrible.

MadDave123
02-04-2012, 11:52 PM
These Bull Centaurs intrigue me. Power AND speed? Surely not!

Dog Pants
03-04-2012, 12:10 AM
Anupshi Rises (Khe, DogPants) 2 - 1 Agathis Avengers (WElf, AgP)

The final match of division F is lined up with the top spot still up for grabs from three teams and no real indication of which way things will go. The Wood Elves of Agathis Avengers receive the first kick, effortlessly recovering the ball but failing to breach the Khemri line. Capitalising on containing the Elves, one of the Tomb Guardians opens the Anupshi Rises play by injuring an Elven lineman. A few catchers manage to seep through the line, but the fight takes its toll with another Avenger lineman picking up an injury when trying to block his way through. Without the Elven distraction tactic of their runners behind the opposition line it wasn't long before one of the Anupshi Blitz-Ras managed to circumvent the besieged Elves around the ball carrier and knock him to the ground on the half way line. The ball remains loose as the Khemri Thro-Ra runs forward from the rear, but Agathis Avengers sweep it back up without trouble. The delay has been enough for Anupshi Rises to flood the area though, and the recovering Elven thrower is immediately put back down by the arm of a lurching Tomb Guardian. This time the Thro-Ra is in position, recovers the ball and sets off unsupported towards the touchline. The fast elves, tied up with skeletons, break out a lineman to sack the escaping Thro-Ra, but bad luck strikes again and the Elf injures himself in the process. With the rest of the team diminished and tied up in brawls the Khemri's most (and only) agile player cruises over the line to score.

The second half sees a bloodied Agathis Avengers facing up to their opponents, down to eight players against a fighting team. To add insult to injury, the clouds part to reveal glaring sunshine, further hindering their throwing game. Anupshi Rises have no such concern, and they march their ball carrier up the short staffed left field while the Wood Elves are tied up from their deployment on the right. Picking up defenders, the cage moves towards the touchline like a mummy pursuing its victim, and while the defenders react quickly with the agility of an elven team, they can only slow the attackers' advance. As the cage gets squeezed towards the sideline by a concerted effort of Elves, spearheaded by their Wardancer, the Khemri use their greater numbers to envelop them as the ball carrier and his escorts edge past. With mere yards for the Thro-Ra to travel and a defending cage, the Elves make a last push. Hurling herself at the skeletal ball carrier, over the top of his escorts, the unlucky Wardancer only succeeds in landing heavily and injuring herself. The Thro-Ra steps over her to score.
With very little time on the clock the teams line up to brawl the rest of the game away. In a superb twist of fate, however, an extremely short kick leaves the ball in the hands of an Elven catcher on the centre line. Facing off against the weak Thro-Ra Agathis Avengers are suddenly presented with a last-ditch opportunity to score. The Wood Elves rally a precision attack which opens up the Anupshi right flank, and while the defenders are tied up fighting on the line of scrimmage, injuring another lineman, the plucky catcher runs hell for leather towards the touchline. A lone Blitz-Ra almost catches the runner, his outstretched bony fingers brushing the Elf's armour, but as the referee puts the whistle to his lips the catcher streaks across the line to claw back a brilliant touchdown and a respectable scoreline.

The second season ends far more favourably in promotion for Coach DogPants, and the team's pharaowners retract their threats of a live burial. The rest of the coaching staff, particularly, are relieved - since Anupshi Rises could have finished bottom of the division they had already been interred in preparation. They gleefully claw their way out of the sand, chanting "Hoo-ray Anupshi Rises!"

Screwie
03-04-2012, 12:24 AM
Bull Centaurs are like Mv8 and start with sprint, I think. Horrible.

6-4-2-9 with Sprint, Sure Feet and Thick Skull, actually.

I can't remember if they used to move quicker pre-LR6. Still damn fast for a ST4 though.

President Weasel
03-04-2012, 12:54 AM
chanting "Hoo-ray Anupshi Rises!"

Nice to see the pun we missed out on last season. However, I notice you posted this at 11.10 o'clock; if you had only delayed another 51 minutes we could have technically got an "early in the morning!" in there too.

potatoedoughnut
03-04-2012, 05:56 AM
Alright still no sign of this computer or its delivery date, if the other people in my division want to organise their game then I'll concede this round.

If we do end up conceding I'd be ok with a draw. I don't want to end up ahead in champs just because I got a default.

DWZippy
03-04-2012, 11:00 AM
Sorry to post this here - but mobile phones and forum navigation... ugh.

Gorm, I'll be back late tomorrow night, about our usual time [10, 11] - Can I deny you the championship then?

Tom OBedlam
03-04-2012, 11:20 AM
I'm really confused with what's happening in Div 3, which game do I need to be playing at the moment? Is my game with Jaytee being defaulted or do we still have time to try and squeeze this in before week 3?

ChainsawHands
03-04-2012, 11:39 AM
I'd like to see the Slaanesh team, personally...

President Weasel
03-04-2012, 12:30 PM
I'm really confused with what's happening in Div 3, which game do I need to be playing at the moment? Is my game with Jaytee being defaulted or do we still have time to try and squeeze this in before week 3?

It's already week 3, so I suggest you get in touch with JayTee as soon as possible and see how soon you can play your game. Then talk to the other players in your Division and see if they can still fit their final game in.

groovychainsaw
03-04-2012, 01:13 PM
Yeah, what PW said - I was giving you guys in div 3 a little extra time to get your games in after the fixture 'mistake' - I saw your request to be defaulted a couple of pages back but was giving you until the other game had been played at least to get it sorted. If you still haven't, I'm happy to set it to a draw so you can all move on. Likewise, I'll be drawing Jiiim's game in the champs tonight, too, unless I hear otherwise. I'll be more lenient with both these divisions if you don't get your games in by the deadline, so don't worry :-).

Deadline for season end is in 5 days, on the 8th!

Tom OBedlam
03-04-2012, 01:24 PM
Sweet, we're playing it now

JayTee
03-04-2012, 03:20 PM
Match done, Div 3 can be rolled on. Report incoming when I get a moment, but essentially:

Blighty's Blighters (Human - Tom) vs. The Dead Comic Society (Khemri - me)

1 - 2

Despite 3 apothecaries Tom took 1 Death, 1 MNG and 1 -AV. Ouch.

Skydancer
03-04-2012, 05:28 PM
Match done, Div 3 can be rolled on. Report incoming when I get a moment, but essentially:

1 - 2

Despite 3 apothecaries Tom took 1 Death, 1 MNG and 1 -AV. Ouch.

My khemri would only dream of such a beating. Instead, I present you with the best example of elfball khemri ever achieved (Auld world though). Maybe they were elves in life:

http://megaswf.com/serve/2315896

Namely... Pass (fumbled then six), catch (six), handoff and catch (six), two gfi (five, five) AND with a spare reroll.

X_kot
03-04-2012, 05:47 PM
That's where all my sixes have gone! Damn those lucky shamblers!

Tom OBedlam
03-04-2012, 09:32 PM
The horror... the horror

JayTee
03-04-2012, 10:25 PM
So, match report:

1 - 2

The Comics give away 290k in inducements which the Blighters spend on 2 Apothecaries and one Babe, no doubt expecting a bit of a pasting. They weren't going to be disappointed...

The match starts on the stupid Norse pitch (I hate this pitch as the snow makes it hard to see anything) and RAIN, so already the Comics are absolutely hating how things are lining up. The Comics lose their toss again, and the Blighters elect to receive setting up a fairly aggressive lineup. The Comics kickoff to Cheering Fans, which nets the Blighters an extra re-roll, but a fail-kick causes a touchback and the ball gets put in the hands of a plucky fresh Catcher.

The Blighters start their drive with a Bonehead, but manage to clear out the Comic's LoS with a Piling On Blitzer stunning the Tomb Guardian in the centre. The Blighters quickly run the ball halfway into the Comic's half and cage up pretty convincingly. Thanks to the retardedness of their coach and the god-damned snow, the Comics brilliantly manage to Blitz down the wrong player and despite a bit of marking the Blighters dodge their carrier away and run in the TD giving the Comics 7 turns to score before the end of the half.

The Comics setup to receive, and the kickoff gives the Blighters a Perfect Defence which they use to shuffle a few players around. The Comics knock around a few players, gang-foul a Guard Lineman damaging his back, which the Apoc heals to BH, mark up and fail to pick the ball up due to the rain. The Blighters respond with a largely ineffectual series of Blocks, not managing to break through the line of Khemri but setup ready to pounce if the Comics nab the ball. The Comics respond by showing the Blighters how to Block, smashing a fresh Lineman to the floor with -AV which the Apothecary suggests can be healed with Death. Useful that. In a surprising display of ball skills, the Comics grab the ball and cage up near the halfway line.

The rest of the drive is largely a textbook cage rumble from the Comics, who delay scoring long enough to give the Blighters only 1 turn to score. While the Blighters manage to get in contact with the carrier a few times, the Comics managed to clear out the Blighters turn after turn, handing out a fair number of stuns giving them the space they need to move the ball up. There's a tense moment for the Comics when the Ogre manages to kill a Tomb Guardian but thankfully regen kicks in and saves him from the graveyard. The final act of the first half is the Comic's DP/SG fouler getting sent off but Badly Hurting a Tackle Blitzer. The Blighters use their last Apothecary on him ensuring he'll be back for the second half.

The second half starts with the Comics on receive, getting a Quick Snap allowing them to shuffle towards the kick and attempt a highly optimistic Catch with a Thro-Ra which naturally fails. The Comics start their drive with some successful blocks, a lucky pickup with a Thro-Ra and double-skulls on a re-rolled 1D Block, but the ball is safely back on the Blodge carrier in the middle of a cage. The Blighters in their usual fashion manage to get players in contact with the cage but the markers are knocked away and the Comics manage 2 KOs giving them an edge in numbers which allows the cage room to move upfield relatively safely.

The drive continues slowly with the Comics continuing their obscene display of blocking giving the Blighters usually only a handful of players still on their feet to do much with. One superb display of agility from a Tackle Blitzer gives the Blighters a surprise 1D block on the Blodge carrier but BD is re-rolled to BD and the Comics respond by killing the Ogre (Incidentally, it was the TG the Ogre killed earlier. Except TGs have Regen, and Ogres don't. Ahem) and handing out an MNG to the PO Blitzer. The rest of the drive is entirely expected, with a 5-player advantage the Comics stall until the last moment before walking in the winning TD and leaving the Blighters to get a highly-unlikely 1-Turn TD (Or a Riot) to equalise. Neither of which happen and the Blighters end the match with an unsuccessful catch.

Wow. What a game. Not quite as bashy as my matchup with mrpier's Skaven which at one point left him with 3 players on the pitch, but the only reason Tom "merely" had 3 players in the injury box at the end was thanks to having 3 Apothecaries and thus getting 2 BH players back.

I hate HATE HATE that stupid Norse pitch with the snow. You can't see the chatbox, the glowy-light-of-doom signifying the carrier is hard to spot, and it basically sucks. Stupid stupid pitch. I'd like to largely blame the pitch for my balls up with Blitzing the wrong player allowing Tom a fairly easy first TD.

Tom took some brutal hits and also had some really bad luck with his blocks. He managed on a number of occasions to Blitz either against the cage or against the carrier, only to roll Push or Stumble/BD against Blodge so never really was able to get into the cage.

Managed to grab a level up on my Blodge Thro-Ra who's now level 4 and I'm stuck on what to take with just a normal roll (That's I think 25 levels with a single stat up...), Fend or Leader is probably what I'll take. Hrm.

Skydancer
03-04-2012, 11:17 PM
My block fend thro-ra says: "Fend saved my assbones and freed me up SO MANY TIMES. Also, if the other thro-ra gets the ball, I put myself on a side of the cage to prevent blitzes to the carrier and the cage breaking."

smaug81
04-04-2012, 08:05 PM
Wayward Gladiators (Norse, El Cubo) 1 - 1 Irrelevant Illnesses (Nurgle, Me)
Div. 7

El Cubo and I just finished our showdown for the Div. 7 championship, which concluded rather inconclusively. The scoreline tells a rather more benign and bloodless story than the actual affair, however. The game started well for El Cubo, with him ruthlessly exploiting his Block advantage and generally keeping my cage from moving anywhere, until he finally popped the ball free with 2 or three turns to go and made a break for the endzone, which I was unable to stop. The second half was a very different story, however. I had started in the last few turns of the first half to finally score some casualties, which left the Norse down 3 players to start the second. Complicating matters further was a Blitz result on the kickoff. Naturally, I tried to swarm under the already weakened Norse line while sending my Pestigor forward to retrieve the ball. This took a few turns longer than expected, but I did eventually manage the recovery and scored shortly thereafter, leaving me 4 or 5 turns to try and do it all again for the win. The kick went short as planned, but this time resulted in a Quick Snap for the Norse. Given the KOs I had scored in the previous drive, however, the 6 players El Cubo had left just weren't enough to keep me from the ball. And this is where things truly went pear-shaped for him, as I proceeded to smash the collar bone of one of his Ulfwereners (apoc'ed to dead, as usual), and then his lvl 2 Dodge Berzerker, whom had just survived dodging out from being surrounded by four of my players, fell over on a GFI and broke his hip. The one ray of light was that my own somewhat overzealous blocking resulted in a Both Down that prevented me from having the range to make it into the endzone and actually win the match, in spite of the beating I'd given his team.

With that, the promotion goes to other factors. El Cubo leads me on TDs, but I'm not sure about casualty totals. If it's to be decided based on our records against the other two teams in the league, he certainly won his matches by a larger margin. I suspect one way or the other he will end up with the victory, which almost seems cruel in light of the damage I just inflicted. On the other hand, he could use the winnings bonus to help patch the team up. Either way, 'twas a fun match, with an excellent opponent to face off against!

WhiskeyTangoFox
05-04-2012, 12:57 AM
Gridiron Maidens vs. Bishi Bashi Speshal

I... I don't even... What just happened??

I need to go rock back and forth in a corner...

Final Score: 0-0

NieA7
05-04-2012, 01:48 AM
I didn't write up Tooth and Claw's last game against LowKey's Undead, and I imagine LowKey was too busy laughing all the way to the bank to have time. It was a pretty abject display on my part – I went in without a plan, played without a clue and finished without a hope, while LowKey kept his head and played tightly (the blodging, sidestep guard Ghoul was a nightmare). It finished 2-1 to the Undead and even that was flattering – Claw's touchdown was freakishly lucky, and the rest of the match was a walkover for LowKey who never put a foot wrong.

After a failing to build on a strong position against Dragon and being soundly kerb-stomped by LowKey the season was probably the worst I've played to date. To cap things off Drawlien's WElfs (who'd happily beaten LowKey earlier in the season) were waiting, and I still didn't have tackle on anyone. Even better, apparently Nuffle thought it would be fair to let a Wardancer get guard and sidestep.

Read in Tooth and Claw (Necro, me) vs. The Hardwood Harpies (WElf, Drawlien)

A MNG zombie brought my TV down just enough to hire a wizard. Winning the toss Read in Tooth and Claw chose to receive, planning on causing a few injuries and pushing for a 2-1 grind. The kick went high allowing the sure hands Ghoul to catch it, and with that the game was on. A few quick blocks and a blitz allowed a strong cage to be formed just over the halfway line by the end of the first turn, and things were looking good.

Then I get Elfs all over my face.

Turns out a strong cage ain't so strong when dealing with leaping, blodging, guarding bastards. Every turn I'd form a cage with Golems and Wights on the corners, and every turn Drawlien would leap his Wargits wherever he felt a fancy to and get a two dice block on the ball carrier in the process. Despite repeatedly knocking the dancers over (even without tackle) their armour held, and on the second turn the sure hands Ghoul was badly hurt. This left the Ag4/wrestle Ghoul with the ball, which lead to a swift lesson as to why wrestle is a Bad Idea on a ball carrier.

The only bright side was the Treeman – after being knocked over on the second turn it failed to stand up for the rest of the half.

By turn 3 the ball had popped out of the cage, though the elf going for the pickup rather satisfyingly fell flat on his face shortly after. After some serious consideration I administered unto Drawlien a master class in screwing yourself over, carefully pushing the Wardancer with tackle out of her fairly innocent position right into my own way, leaving the ghoul with the unenviable task of making 6 dodges (4 into tackle zones, 4 against tackle), a pickup and two GFIs. Of course he promptly made all the rolls without even needing a TRR, only to be mercilessly hunted down by the Warbastards again. This time Drawlien managed to run the ball out with a line elf, forcing me to use the lightning bolt. A desperate wolf legged it back and made the pickup, but even with a re-roll the Ghoul back in the “cage” couldn't make the (accurate) catch. The resulting scramble saw everyone fail to pick up the ball, until of all players the rookie Golem grabbed it. Being miraculously free of Elf he pelted as fast as his borrowed legs would let him, finally running in the ball on Claw's last turn of the half.

The start of the second half saw the teams line up 10v10 – a badly hurt Ghoul and KO'd Wight on one side against a KO'd Wardancer and a Line elf with a serious concussion on the other. Drawlien swiftly proved that Elfs Do It Before You've Even Noticed by scoring a perfect two turn TD, waltzing around the pitch like they were the only team that had bothered to turn up and leaving my defence in tatters.

Both players made their KO roll this time, making it 11v11. The counter attack started badly when a zombie failed a GFI (with a re-roll), stranding the Ghoul with the ball. Luckily he was only just in reach: despite managing to knock him down there were no other Elfs near enough to grab the ball, leaving it in the open a tantalizing 4 squares away from my end zone. Here I got lucky – first one of the Wardancers went down with a fractured leg, then the other was KO'd. The resulting space allowed me to build a cage and get the ball safely to a wolf in the middle of it. Despite heroic efforts, especially from the str4/wrestle elf who badly hurt a Wight and pushed for the ball all the way up the pitch, a sudden rash of failed dodges made life just a little too difficult for Drawlien and left him under-Elfed at key moments. The guard and strength advantage finally told, allowing the wolf to run the ball over the line on the last turn – 2-1 to Tooth and Claw.

It was a fun match, hotly contested from start to finish. Both of us had patches of good and bad luck, though overall I think I probably had the best of it (particularly with the block dice – even without tackle I managed to knock over the Wardancers on a pretty regular basis). Thanks to Drawlien for the game, especially for playing it while still recovering from illness.

The replay seems interestingly broken. One of my zombies vanished when I was setting up to receive in the second half, only to appear randomly on the pitch after the kick off. In the replay he appeared in a different space, leading to an impressive 8 square sprint into position. The turnover in that turn isn't right either (the zombie that failed the GFI succeeds, before another zombie randomly falls over for no reason), and the end of the match didn't happen at all: everything stops on turn 15, then suddenly I've won 3-1. Good job Cyanide are still patching the game I guess.

Rakysh
05-04-2012, 06:05 AM
So you could say....

*Glasses*

WTF?

El Cubo
05-04-2012, 07:13 AM
Wayward Gladiators vs. Irrelevant Illnesses

A pyrrhic draw was played against the Nurglish opponents. The first half was all fine and good sport where the opposition attacks, the defense stalls and eventually steals the ball and scores. Well, apart from a lineman breaking his arm and a werewolf getting otherwise badly hurt.

The second half was just rotten. The attack formation was left severely incomplete with two players listed as casualties and a berserker and lineman being knocked out. When the defence took a headstart with a blitz, all the gladiators could do was stall the defense. Even though the Norse fought the ball to themselves, risky decisions were made and the Nurgle scored by turn 4 or so.

Four turns left to score a touchdown, plenty of time to do it by executing some proper elvish moves. Elves they ain't -- picking the ball up proved to be too difficult. Somehow, the Nurgle got the ball again. The other werewolf got his collar bone smashed (-ST). The apothecary proved his true colors by suggesting euthanasia (which, of course, would have meant that the poor bastard would've joined the other team as a rotter). The blodging blitzer Titus Pullo showed some fancy moves when he attacked the ball carrier. He survived a one die block and then a two against block and then dodged away from the middle of a horde of Nurglish players. He failed a completely unecessary GFI, however, and for his elvish ways he received a comeuppance in the form of a smashed hip. A failed block caused an early turnover for the Nurgle, however, and they couldn't move the ball forward in time to score the winning touchdown.

Mighty disappointing game it turned out to be.

Final Score: 1-1

desvergeh
05-04-2012, 11:38 AM
Gridiron Maidens vs. Bishi Bashi Speshal

I... I don't even... What just happened??

I need to go rock back and forth in a corner...

Final Score: 0-0

Have to admit, I was a bit surprised to see your Maidens trying to go toe-to-toe with my orcs. Nonetheless it didn't end too badly for you. 5 injuries, with only 1 being serious (and then apoc'd into a KO or something like that). I actually made out worse with the 1 injury you scored on my team meaning one of my blitzers is sitting out the next match.

Dependant upon the other match in our division, this could give you the win. Big lot of draws in division 4 this season.

drawlien
05-04-2012, 11:59 AM
Thanks for the write-up NieA7. I must admit I was really frustrated - the number of times I knocked the ball out but it sat nicely in the pocket and you were able to sweep it straight back up again! Also, wizards have been the bane of my life this season - nearly killed my +Agi lino in the first match and then stopped a breakaway that had a pretty good chance of scoring a defensive TD in your first half. Sigh.

It was a fun game, thanks for being a great opponent!

LowKey
05-04-2012, 12:03 PM
The great undead off was played last night against mr dragon and as expected it was a slug fest, with a bit of luck i managed to secure the win in this tight game and probably underservedly will be promoted, um, yay?

Prester John
05-04-2012, 07:43 PM
Trying to make contact with my opponent alh_p as this is the first time he's been online and i'm off after tonight until 10th April...

Doesn't look like this match can be played tonight. As per above message i'm not now available to play until after season ends. Don't delay on my behalf, (the SP would have been nice tho!).

Jolima
05-04-2012, 10:51 PM
Wow, just had a very intense game with my Vampires against Jarvis' Chaos.

Drive the first: I kick off and get a blitz. I catch it with one vampire while another vamp and a thrall forms a screen to most of the chaotics. Jarvis still manages the blitz though and while the vampire retains the ball all of my players are sandwiched between a large number of his. I blitz the vampire free enough to manage a pass to the AG4 thrall, but he goes bloodthirsty. While he can still do the pass, he has to run the wrong way for some blood and there is a big opening for My-mulgors the beastman to run the thrall down and give him a MNG.

I blitz the offending beastman down in turn and with a lot of lucky dodges manages to put a screen up again. My-mulgors pushes my vampire away and picks up the ball, but can't make an escape with it. I only get a push on him in return the next turn, but he is still well trapped against the sideline. The chaos surrounds and fouls my ST5 Vampire in return, seeming to kill him instantly. Eating an apothecary turns out to be all he needs to be on his feet again luckily. My-mulgors is almost freed by another beastman but fails a dodge away and drops the ball, letting me finally pick it up and score on the next turn. 1-0.

Drive the second and I am down to 9 players, two of whom are immediately badly hurt on the first turn. The chaos men form into a big box and throws the ball into it, but their player in the middle of it fails to catch it. I push a warrior into the ball, but it doesn't bounce to any better position. The next turn goes better as some hypnotic gazing lets me first get a blitz on the ball carrier, which pushes him next to another vampire who succeeds in a 2-against block to knock him down and the ball bounces into the hands of one of my vampires with sidestep. Miraculously, all of my three remaining vamps remain standing on the next turn and can dodge out fairly easily. Jarvis can't get close to them and the only risk remaining on the last turn is a sudden lust for blood from my vampire. Which of course is exactly what happens.

A desperate attempt to dodge backwards to the closest thrall and pass the ball to another vamp only succeeds in badly hurting another thrall as the pass is fumbled and the half ends.

Second half sees me starting with 4 vamps and 2 thralls, who are all set up on one flank hoping for an early score, as Jarvis gets his own blitz in return. Similarly to my play in the first half, he catches the ball with one player and forms a half-cage with two others. My vampire's are better able to counter though, hypnotizing one of them and blitzing down the carrier letting a third vampire pick the ball up and make a lone run for it.

He is blitzed, but remain standing and continues his run next turn while two other vampires cover the players in range of blitzing him. Both of them break away though and knock the vampire down, making the ball bounce out of bounds and back in towards the middle.

One vampire hypnotizes the warrior next to it and I have a fairly good chance to run my vampire into the endzone to receive a pass from another vamp. Only... blood lust fails again and with no thralls within reach he can only crowd surf a chaos warrior as his last act before jumping into the crowd after him to snack on one of the supporters.

A beastman attempting to recover the ball fails a GFI and shoves the ball into the hands of a more isolated beastman instead. A vampire takes the chance to dodge away from the four players surrounding him, blitz the beastman, pick up the dropped ball and run almost out of reach when covered by thrall #29 who dodges away from the mino to join him.

It's not quite enough though and a beastman still manages a 2d blitz on him to send him out of the game badly hurt.

There's only one desperate last chance left. A vampire runs up (2+ Bloodlust, 3+ dodge, 2+ dodge, 2+ GFI) to hypnotize a beastman covering #29 (3+) opening him up for a dodge through enemy lines (4+, 3+) to pick up the ball (3+) and run in the touch down. It all works perfectly!

Back up to 4 vampires and 2 thralls I kick of again just as the fans storm the field and knock down two of mine and three of Jarvis' players. This time he scores without much trouble and only leaves me with one vampire and the heroic #29 remaining for the final turn 16 kickoff--even after the chance for KO recovery as all 4 of my knocked out players fail it.

Thanks for the game Jarvis.

JayTee
06-04-2012, 03:44 PM
Rok-Ard Nobz (Orc - Grinn) vs. The Dead Comic Society (Khemri - me)

0 - 1

The Comics manage to snatch victory from the Nobz in a fine display of the Nobz having Nuffle spit in their faces in the second half.

The Nobz lose the toss and the Comics elect to receive, hoping to out-bash the Orcs and get strength of numbers. The kick goes short and a gust of wind bounces the ball back into the Nobz' half and touchback places the ball in the hands of a Block Tomb Guardian. The first half is a slow grind upfield for the Comics, who fail to out-bash the Orcs and in fact suffer more at the hands of the Orcs with stuns being handed out against the Skeletons with some regularity. The fresh Blitz-Ra is knocked to the floor taking an MNG, but he regens successfully and is up again ready for the next drive.

The Comic's run eventually somewhat stalls midway in the Nobz' half, but there is a small gap on their right wing which can be squeezed through with a bit of luck and some careful bashing. In a moment of sheer stupidity the ball carrier fails to remember to Blitz before blocking and the Comics fail to advance, leaving them 2 turns and 10 squares away from the endzone so at the very least 2 GFIs are going to have to succeed for the slowass Tomb Guardian to run in the TD. The Nobz however had other plans and thanks to 2 relatively unmarked players with Guard manage a 2D Blitz from their ST4 Blitzer and pop the ball free but are unable to nab the ball with any players. The Comics count up the squares and the free players and only a miracle can put the ball in the hands of a Thro-Ra to get a TD with 2 turns remaining. This is not to be and a highly unlikely series of dodges and a pickup fails on the first dodge thanks to Tackle on a marking Orc.

The Nobz nab the ball and move upfield, placing a player within scoring distance and clearly hoping for a clean pass & catch in their final turn to nab the ball. The Comics manage to pop the ball free with a Blitz but the ball bounces in a generally unfortunate place for both teams and the Comics are only able to get two players in contact with the ball but manage to relatively mark up the Orcs. The Nobz manage to dodge a player to the ball, collect it, but then fail to complete the pass and the first half ends with no score for either team. The Nobz have a KOed Black Orc and the Comics have a KOed skeleton and Thro-Ra, with no players in any injury box.

The second half start with a obscenely lucky kick from the Comics placing the ball in the backleft corner of the Nobz' half, giving them minimal opportunity to nab the ball in their first turn as well as collecting another re-roll for the Comics. The 3 KOed players subbornly refuse to wake up, with the loss of a Black Orc more crucial to the Nobz than the loss of a trash Skeleton and a Thro-Ra. The Nobz start strong and promptly stun the two skeletons on the LoS, and sneak two Blitzers past the Comics in a threatening position, but the Nobz' Thrower fails to pick up the ball and suffer a Turnover. The Comics knock over the ST4 Blitzer and gangfoul him to no effect, but swing a free Tomb Guardian (slowly!) up their left wing towards the ball and position players around the field trying to force as many dodges as possible. The Nobz manage to collect the ball and run it halfway down their half, taking the time to bash Skeletons largely to no effect.

The Comics manage to Blitz and get a Tomb Guardian in contact with the carrier and a 1D block gets a Blitz-Ra free from the risk of a crowd surf. The Comics manage to gangfoul a Black Orc into a stun and end their turn. The Nobz knock down a few players, but the dodge from the carrier out of contact fails despite a re-roll and the ball pops free. Showing the Orcs how to do it, a prone Thro-Ra gets up, dodges away and nabs the ball managing all this without a single re-roll and the comics are within a handful of squares of the endzone, but with only a Tomb Guardian protecting the carrier. The Nobz get a 2D block on the carrier only to roll Skull/Push re-rolled to BD/Skull and the carrier stands thanks to Block. Another Orc fails to dodge and stuns himself and the Comics swing the game their way with a KO and knock over the remaining marker, managing to place the carrier almost out of reach of any Orcs and stall for time.

The Nobz' troll finally fails a Really Stupid roll and sits out the response, burning their last re-roll on a failed dodge and promptly rolling up a Skull on a 1D Block and take a Turnover. The Comics continue to stall, bashing free a couple of players to form a semi-cage, and luckily KO another Orc near the carrier leaving 2 Orcs facing 4 Khemri near the endzone. The Nobz' response is short, their Jump Up/Tackle Blitzer manages his dodge but then fails a GFI, falls over and Badly Hurts himself and the numbers firmly swing the way of the Comics. A plucky Lineman attempts ELFBALL, managing a 3+, 2+ and 4+ dodges only to fail on the last 5+ dodge and the Comics run in their TD, leaving the Nobz a single turn to equalise.

The Nobz receive no doubt hoping for a Riot to get another turn but once again the Comics luckily kick deep in the Nobz' half near the sidelines and the kick-off just gives the Comics another re-roll. The Nobz punch down some Skeletons and fumble their SPP-generating throw, giving the Comics a turn to ineffectually bash the Orcs and the match ends.

Fun game but I only manage to squeak in the win thanks to Grinn's terrible dice in the second half. The first half was a brutal, slow and largely unsuccessful drive and looking back on it I was stupid to keep the ball on the Tomb Guardian for so long. There's one point where a handoff to a Thro-Ra could have given me the space I needed to get the ball more upfield but I'm always worried about the 5+ Catch roll on handoffs (And also forget that the handoff is automatic, so a TG can handoff as well as an elf, just need to catch the damned ball...) but Grinn played superbly in keeping me from pushing forward and it was unfortunate luck that stopped him from scoring with that throw. The second half went entirely down to Nuffle, who handed Grinn repeated rolls of 1 and my Khemri seemed to remember how to hit things so the numbers game finally went my way.

MVP landed on my MB/Guard Blitz-Ra and gave him enough to get to level 3 so unless he rolls something like +ST or a double, he's probably picking up Tackle.

So that's me winning Division 3, which no doubt means my treasury is over a million now... All-in-all quite a pleasing season for the Comics, a couple of useful level ups has somewhat rounded out the team but I'm still lacking a Kicker, MB on my fresh Blitz-Ra, and I'd really like to pick up Guard on a few more TGs. Something to work on next season!

However, I'm moving to Australia 3 weeks tomorrow so unless this season wraps up quickly and the next starts very quickly I'm not going to be around to play the final match of the season so I think I'll have to sit the next season out.

Once I'm settled in, am not living in a hotel, and get my PC back I'll see if the timezone thing is going to be too painful or if I can indeed continue playing :)

Gorm
06-04-2012, 05:48 PM
I forgot to post, me and DW played the last match of our division this morning. My skaven vs his high elves. A predictably high score for two fast scoring teams. It ended 3-2 to me which means i win my division, but being in such a low one then its likely to move around a lot anyway due to re-rolling teams.

DWZippy
07-04-2012, 09:22 AM
Nufffleee!!!!

Well played Gorm. I enjoyed that.

Vexing Vision
07-04-2012, 01:21 PM
So, I am back in town but unfortunately my opponent laneford won't be back until the 11th (and I'm not entirely sure I can play then, would prefer the 12th).

Dearest admins of great Nuffle, will you allow an Easter-based delay for this season? A draw will, however, definitely influence relegations...

Jiiiiim
07-04-2012, 04:19 PM
Feels like I've been playing HughTower forever.

Monopole Magnates (lizards, Jim) v The Tiny Dancers (welves, Hugh)

I decided to finally buy that replacement Kroxigor so I'd like to welcome Moneybags Jr to the squad. His keen capitalist senses and extreme hyperviolence should prove useful, and it will allow a bit more variation in how I set up (there's a surprising difference between 6 sauruses/5 skinks and 1 krox/6 saurus/4 skinks). Even with that extra bloat we were still less flabby than the Dancers who drip skillpoints gravy everywhere, so we bought in a wizard as well.

Hugh wins the toss and kicks (I never understand why you kick first to be honest). I set out the stall of the most relentlessly boring offensive ever, standing on the halfway line, a skink surrounded by a saurus posse, and then just push people back as they come in. Hugh manages to stun the odd saurus but nothing lasting, and as his numbers are thinning, I begin to think about moving forwards. Throughout the half there is of course the danger of Wardancer magic blitzes, but we survive those that come in until turn 4, when he knocks the skink over with one leaping warbastard, then almost gets the ball with the other. Almost.

We recover the ball, still on the halfway line and surrounded by sauruses, and the wood elves see weakness, pouring into and around my cage. I decide this is the time to act, so push them back as prudently as possible and go to the far left, though not quite hugging the touchline. I think this went pretty well as Hugh has no rerolls and will probably fail something now...nope, he covers my players, blitzers with a wardancer who then leaps and picks up the ball to boot. I knock him down, get it back but then panic a bit when I realise there's not really any cage I can salvage here and I need to have a chance of scoring (it's turn 7 by now). I get the ball but go for a very risky handoff to gutterskink and he drops it, the swine. I get the option to use the wizard at the start of Hugh's turn and go for it, knocking out a wardancer next to the ball, but it's still eminently scorable. All Hugh needs to do is blitz the other skink away (success), pick it up with his nearby thrower, and then....oh wait the thrower rolls snake eyes and drops it, that was fortunate.

Gutterskink gets a second chance as I engineer a few chainpushes to nearly clear the area around the ball, then run my one skink in range onto the touchline. Gutterskink dodges (2+), picks up in a TZ (3+) and passes (4+ 3+) to that skink and we're 1-up though we don't really deserve it. Hugh doesn't attempt the one-turner, choosing instead to knockout two sauruses but everybody gets up at halftime anyway. Back to square 1, 1-0 to the magnates so far.

Sodding elves just run everybody long and do a very long pass in the next turn to equalise. Theoretically this is good, I just need to trundle in a winner on Turn 16 now, let's see how that goes...well he gets a perfect defence but there's not many ways you can arrange elves in front of sauruses so that they win the bash war, and my first round of punching is good, causing a cas (finally) and a KO. With a cage in place I'm feeling pretty confident as all we have to do now is get a cage in place on the right....and the one guy that has to GFI to get into position fails his GFI and also the reroll. Okay I'm exposed now, oh god. Hugh swarms in and covers the ball-carrying skink, and I don't read the skills well-enough, getting diving tackled as I attempt to effortlessly jink away. Even more danger now. The blitz is only pushes (fine, I've got sidestep), the next block is a BD (wrestle), but eventually he makes a path for the +Ag wardancer to run in and chuck the ball accurately to the other wardancer some miles away. A saurus marking the treeman is KO'd but eh, that tree isn't going anywhere fast.

I continue panicking but KO a catcher and a thrower then stun the wardancer, only one guy covering the ball though and no chance to pick it up. Hugh uses his other dancer, scoops it up, leaps away to the sidelines but his attempts to cover him are thwarted by my Diving Tackle (BOOT IS ON THE OTHER FOOT SUCKER). I surf the dancer but the ball does not fall nicely for those guys of mine that can move. I risk a 2db with a skink and get double skulls for my troubles, which turns a bad situation into a terrible one. It's now Hugh's turn 16. The dauntless wardancer knocks away my lone covering saurus and runs to the touchline, the catcher runs in, picks up the ball and readies the pass....oh thank god it scattered. I have a look around but every possible score for me now involves a 6+ pass so I go for broke and try a 9+ one that, fortunately for Hugh's blood pressure, fails massively.

1-1 at full time, hard fought with about eight turns of desperation and eight turns of boredom. All down to the final championship game to decide the winner, could still be me, Hands or Donut, depending on if they win or draw.

President Weasel
07-04-2012, 05:18 PM
You kick first because you still have lots of mans. This lets you pressure the other mans into, hopefully, scoring early or making a mistake. Or maybe you can smash some of their mans while their friends are trying to protect the ball? It's the classic 2-1 grind, kicking first, innit.

HughTower
07-04-2012, 05:25 PM
The kick first theory is based on that it's easier to defend against bashy teams with a full 11 player roster than who knows what at the start of the second half. With the MA and AG advantage, you can slow down the cage either prevent a score or force the panicked mistake and steal a TD (as would have happened in our game, if my thrower hadn't had an attack of the snake-eyes).
You then get the ball back in the second half, score in 2 and you've got 6 turns to defend a 1 or 2 nil lead.

If I receive first, then I score reasonably quickly, and then I could face the prospect of anywhere of around 10-16 turns getting beaten up against the grind, with the attrition that entails. As it happens, that's what happened in our Open match when I called Receive by accident.

But, hell, I've not won a DoD match in 4 cracks at it so maybe it's time to try something new.

Jiiiiim
07-04-2012, 05:27 PM
I know but it's like you're turning down an immediate opportunity to punch mans. I suppose I have made my teams uncommonly bashy though.

I may not be the king of strategy.

Heliocentric
07-04-2012, 05:42 PM
Man punching is the strategy of kings.

NieA7
07-04-2012, 05:57 PM
Given the choice I prefer man punching but electing to kick can work for bashy teams too, especially if you're playing against a team that can score in one turn.

Heliocentric
07-04-2012, 06:01 PM
As a bashy team I often kick when I intend to hospitalise everyone and the ball will just be a liability.

Kick deep, try and eliminating fast players or catchers or failing that anything squishy once I stun or better the worst threats to scoring and start out numbering I try and pick up the ball. If I have a 2/1 players on the pitch ratio I start fouling the squishy skilled players. :D

Come turn 8 I get to pick up the ball at my leisure and instead of caging the ball? I cage the other teams remaining players.

HULK SMASH!

Rakysh
07-04-2012, 06:02 PM
I believe the idea for kicking first against quicker teams (I wouldn't against a bashy team) is you force them to score on turn 2 or 3, grind out a turn eight TD and then get the ball straight back after the half, and grind out again over the next eight turns.

President Weasel
07-04-2012, 07:28 PM
Division 2 news: it would seem Duffin beat Wolfenswan, which means that despite being in pole position going into day 3 Wolfenswan will be relegated! And despite being dead last going into Day 3, I finish second in the division and once again stay where I am. And despite being dead last going into the very final match of the season, Duffin gets promoted!

What a roller-coaster ride this season's been.

duff
07-04-2012, 07:52 PM
I dedicate this victory to the memory of Sir Brucey of Agi 5, whom has been reincarnated for the princely sum of 100k. May he be as crafty as the last model.

Wolfenswan
07-04-2012, 10:44 PM
In a suprisingly bashy game Duff beat me 2-0. It was the first time I played against dark elves and it was an interesting change from all the bashy teams I battled so far. Things went okay for me, with one Blitzer making an interception and gaining a level up and a few odd SPPs for other players. No serious injuries were taken on my side and I lost the game as I had hoped, giving me a bit more time to train me team for the thin air of the higher divisions.

Heliocentric
07-04-2012, 11:37 PM
Damn...Leap is so pretty, its a shame I'd need either 2+AG ups or an AG up and pro to make it worth using, god damn its a subversive skill.

groovychainsaw
08-04-2012, 11:33 AM
Alright chaps! Today is the last day of the season! I'm expecting a flurry of games to be played and everyone to be wrapped up today, naturally, not for people to be away and eating chocolate egg products. If you are currently expecting to miss today's deadline, let me know and I'll see what I can do about getting an extension. If not I'll start defaulting games tomorrow based on what's in the groups. We'll be aiming to get the next season going ASAP.

New guys, get ready, in the next couple of days you'll be assigned a division and have to apply in-game. If you don't respond, you won't get in this season, so pay attention!! ;-)

20phoenix
08-04-2012, 12:22 PM
Whoop! Been looking forward to this

Nullkigan
08-04-2012, 12:36 PM
Guess I need a fresh team to rejoin with?

NieA7
08-04-2012, 01:27 PM
I'm going to be away from tomorrow afternoon to Friday evening, do I need to entrust my precious details to someone?

Squiz
08-04-2012, 06:55 PM
Do the people who are already in one of the Divs need to re-apply in the thread? If not, then I'll just have to do that in the game, right?

Zoraster
08-04-2012, 07:47 PM
Groovy you can default the last game in Div C. I was going to ask for an extension, but Karandraz hasn’t logged on since I proposed the time tomorrow afternoon and I’m not going to rush home on the off chance, especially after the no show a few nights ago.

mrpier
08-04-2012, 08:04 PM
Groovy - I'm trying to arrange my div D match against ntw tomorrow, but haven't heard from him yet.

President Weasel
08-04-2012, 08:11 PM
Do the people who are already in one of the Divs need to re-apply in the thread? If not, then I'll just have to do that in the game, right?

No, just keep an eye on this thread and the spreadsheet. You'll be assigned a new division based on promotions and relegations, and you'll need to leave the old division and join the new one (unless you end up in the same division, in which case you need to do nothing). Keep an eye on the thread though, since sometimes people don't apply in time so the divisions get shuffled around.

INinja132
08-04-2012, 08:33 PM
Groovy, would it be possible for Robots and myself to have an extension of two days or so? After that we'll just take a draw, but schedules have been conflicting like crazy, making it fully difficult to play. We (hopefully) will be able to play tomorrow anyways.

groovychainsaw
09-04-2012, 09:53 AM
Since you asked so nicely ninja, sure. Everyone else who hasn't played or posted yet (and isnt in the disrupted div 3), I'll be defaulting you tonight....

laneford
09-04-2012, 11:02 AM
Since you asked so nicely ninja, sure. Everyone else who hasn't played or posted yet (and isnt in the disrupted div 3), I'll be defaulting you tonight....

Myself and vexing vision are trying to arrange our game in div 1, but due to various Easter and computer related shenanigans, haven't been able to. The earliest I can play is wednesday, but vv hasn't responded to that, so feel free to default it if you think necessary.

Alini
09-04-2012, 11:52 AM
I'm going to be away from tomorrow afternoon to Friday evening, do I need to entrust my precious details to someone?
Same here, hopefully Friday won't be too late to apply in game :) Have a nice Easter all!

Gorm
09-04-2012, 12:44 PM
Can someone roll on Div G? I cant remember if i have anyone to level up, but would like to if i do.

boots468
09-04-2012, 01:59 PM
No sign of Pseudo310 at all this season - I guess his final game will need defaulting to my win, and he will need taken out of consideration for moving people's leagues when that is done.

Vexing Vision
09-04-2012, 03:19 PM
Myself and vexing vision are trying to arrange our game in div 1, but due to various Easter and computer related shenanigans, haven't been able to. The earliest I can play is wednesday, but vv hasn't responded to that, so feel free to default it if you think necessary.

I did respond here. ;) Wednesday night would be fine.

Vexing Vision
09-04-2012, 06:00 PM
So, checking the stats - if laneford's and my Div A match gets defaulted to a draw, I might win the Division as I think I have caused significantly more casualties than Kelron (against whom I drawed).

I'd rather play for that, to be honest, even if I am really not looking forward to playing laneford's killing team again. But I also understand that the newlings want to join as fast as possible.

ntw
09-04-2012, 06:37 PM
Groovy - I'm trying to arrange my div D match against ntw tomorrow, but haven't heard from him yet.

I'm around tonight - just pinged you on SteamBuds, I'll also post in the discussion...

Squiz
09-04-2012, 07:48 PM
No, just keep an eye on this thread and the spreadsheet. You'll be assigned a new division based on promotions and relegations, and you'll need to leave the old division and join the new one (unless you end up in the same division, in which case you need to do nothing). Keep an eye on the thread though, since sometimes people don't apply in time so the divisions get shuffled around.Hey thanks, I am having an eye on the thread anyway. ;) During my first season I played 0-2-1 and therefore will stay in the Division. But hey, maybe I'll have better luck next time. The RPS greenskins can't be stopped!

groovychainsaw
09-04-2012, 08:25 PM
Ok, still a handful of matches outstanding - I've not defaulted all of them yet as I can see plans for most of them. Chainsawhands, potatoedoughnut, looks like you guys are going to get a 0-0 if you can't meet up before Weds, at least? Tom o bedlam is currently AWOL from his game in div 3, so will be taking a loss shortly (im giving div 3 more time due to the fixtures mishap). I'm away Weds-Saturday myself, so I'd like to get the new season organised during weds daytime, ideally all other games should be played/defaulted by then...

laneford
09-04-2012, 08:56 PM
I doubt I'll be back before wednesday evening.

ntw
09-04-2012, 09:42 PM
Cyanide.

My noble rodents were losing 4-2 vs mrpier's fiendish rats in about the 14th turn and the game disconnects. The result carries thru and it looks like I've been penalised for disconnecting :'(

potatoedoughnut
09-04-2012, 09:54 PM
Chainsawhands, potatoedoughnut, looks like you guys are going to get a 0-0 if you can't meet up before Weds, at least?

I think our chances are pretty low. The only time I can play before Wed is Tues, and CH is busy then. Unfortunately it looks like I'll only get to play 1 game this season :(

Xenny
09-04-2012, 11:32 PM
Hey there. I'm new here so thought I'd say hi. I'd like to join the league but not sure what team I'll be playing yet. See you around :)

Vexing Vision
09-04-2012, 11:57 PM
I doubt I'll be back before wednesday evening.

Yup, not doable before Wednesday night here either. :(

Default it is, then.

Squiz
10-04-2012, 12:47 AM
Looking at the fixtures for Div 8, I am a bit puzzled. Sendmark has played 1-1-1 (one tie against me, since we couldn't connect, one win against Screwie to move the division along, one loose against 2lab for... not showing up?). This seems a bit weird since in all of these cases, the cause for the drop out was the same (no availability of a player due to connection issues).

I guess it doesn't make much of a difference point-wise for this season, but concerning the SPP it is a pretty big deal (two MVPs). Therefore I think it would be a good idea to come up with some kind of set rule for such cases.

somanyrobots
10-04-2012, 04:06 AM
Rakish Rodents vs. Lucky Lycanthropes

A staggering 500 TV difference for this one, letting the Lycanthropes load up with Nekbrekerekh, two Babes, and a wizard. The Rodents muffed the kick, and the Lycanthropes started punching their way up the left, with Nekbrekerekh (hereafter referred to as "Mr. N") leading the charge. The Lycanthropes, however opened up a nice path to get a cage in behind, until a disastrous misclick (foul instead of block the standing target) resulted in a zombie sent-off and the turn ended early. But the Lycanthropes still pushed through, tying up the Rodents' ungodly +AG/Guard/Juggernaut Rat Ogre, and made it to the endzone by turn 4. They stalled out the rest of the half, earning one injury and four KOs, before running it in on turn 8, going into the second half 1-0.

All the KOs woke up, giving both teams a full roster (aside from the injured rat and fouled-out zombie). The Rats recovered the ball and formed a loose cage, sending a star gutter runner downfield to receive a pass. The necros got two men onto the ball carrier; he was wrenched free, handed off to the other thrower, and the Rats attempted their pass. But the pass failed, dropping the ball into empty space, where the Lycanthropes got it. But a failed dodge put the ball back on the ground, where the Rats' thrower snatched it and hurled it downfield. The pass wasn't caught, but it landed one square off of its intended target; with few Lycanthropes in range, it was picked up and run in on the next turn (turn 12). 1-1.

The Lycanthropes received deep in their own half, defending against a blitz. Follow that up with a disastrous dodge, and the necros were in a rough spot (and out of RRs, too). Then CYANIDE stole the necros' wizard. Straight-up ate it. So three gutter-runners cornered the ball carrier deep in his own backfield; he dodged free, and attempted a pass. But the pass scattered out of bounds, and was thrown back in. Directly to the three gutter runners. Sigh. They picked it up and scored, 2-1 with one turn remaining. The necros hoped for a blitz, but didn't get it, and so ended the game.

Rakish Rodents 2 - 1 Lucky Lycanthropes

A very entertaining match! INinja was a very pleasant opponent, skilled and friendly. Disappointed by my cyanide'd wizard, and Mr. N's decidedly average performance (which, really, was all INinja's fault; he didn't let that Strip Ball get close). We agree that I got Nuffled all to hell in the second half, but c'est la vie. And good luck to whoever gets to face that level 4 Rat Ogre next!

ChainsawHands
10-04-2012, 10:31 AM
Yeah, unfortunately I got the email notification from pd's post saying he could make Sunday, but not for the subsequent post saying he couldn't (on checking I'd apparently need to have visited the forum to turn notifications back on...), so I think it'll have to be the draw.

Heliocentric
10-04-2012, 12:35 PM
With my division winner status and all of the leavers I can't to get outbashed by level 6 Halflings 3 divisions up.

alh_p
10-04-2012, 02:52 PM
I'm very sorry but I'm going to have to default my last game in div 7. I couldn't get my match in with Prester John earlier due a later return from a work trip and a dodgy stomach from said trip. I now can't even make this evening -so that really is it for me this season!

..and I think for the divisions for the moment. I'm afraid I haven't really had the time to consecrate to BB and there are so many distractions. I hope to return at some point, revitalised and rejuvenated (probably having feasted on a thrall's corpse).

Anyhoo, so long and thanks for all the fish, FUN! (dwarf fortress style) and to Groovy for his tireless managment of the sprawling divisions (with the help of his familiars/fellow admins).

jlahnum
10-04-2012, 03:01 PM
I'm going to be withdrawing from the league. Work changes are forcing me to possibly relocate and I just have a lot going on right now. Thanks for the matches everyone it was fun for the two seasons I played. If things get calmed down for me again I'll definitely rejoin.

MrJoose
10-04-2012, 05:55 PM
Hallo! Me and my stupid ogres are looking to join in. I'm being talked through the signup process by Dog Pants, and I've filled in the Season Info googledocs whatsit, but he has gone for his tea now so I'll finish up later tonight. Feel free to shout at me if I'm doing it wrong.

Dog Pants
10-04-2012, 06:13 PM
I'm going to be withdrawing from the league. Work changes are forcing me to possibly relocate and I just have a lot going on right now. Thanks for the matches everyone it was fun for the two seasons I played. If things get calmed down for me again I'll definitely rejoin.

Good luck! Having played against you for both your seasons I can say it was a pleasure.

Tiger Burning
10-04-2012, 08:24 PM
Pulling my hat from the ring for next season. Hope to join someday, but my schedule for the immediate future is about to become unreliable. Deleted my stuff from the sheet, hope that is the correct protocol.

Thanks.

DarkFenix
10-04-2012, 11:59 PM
While the conversation is on all this depressing stuff about withdrawals, my guesstimate for finishing slaving away on uni work was a bit optimistic, so it looks like I'll be out for a second season. Bugger.

Tom OBedlam
11-04-2012, 09:00 AM
Ok, still a handful of matches outstanding - I've not defaulted all of them yet as I can see plans for most of them. Chainsawhands, potatoedoughnut, looks like you guys are going to get a 0-0 if you can't meet up before Weds, at least? Tom o bedlam is currently AWOL from his game in div 3, so will be taking a loss shortly (im giving div 3 more time due to the fixtures mishap). I'm away Weds-Saturday myself, so I'd like to get the new season organised during weds daytime, ideally all other games should be played/defaulted by then...

Yeah, I'm sorry about this, I'll have to take the loss. Real life has gotten in the way the last fortnight and it doesn't look as thugh I'll be able to play anything until the weekend :(
What an uninspiring end to a painful season.

Squiz
11-04-2012, 09:24 AM
So all outstanding games are settled then, correct? Championship & Div A agreed to draw, what about Div C?

Screwie
11-04-2012, 11:10 AM
Dungeonbowl! (http://www.dungeonbowl-game.com/) o.o

The official blurb (emphases mine):

We are pleased to announce the upcoming release of Dungeonbowl. This online only game is played with characters from Games Workshop's renowned Blood Bowl world.

Dungeonbowl is the next exciting Blood Bowl experience, set in the fantasy American Football inspired game world already adapted as a video game by Cyanide. The key difference between Dungeonbowl and Blood Bowl as is rather obvious from the name, is that Dungeonbowl is played in a dangerous dungeon!

The wizards created the Dungeonbowl as they wanted to know which Magic College was the most powerful. The game introduces some subtle modifications to the standard Blood Bowl rules. A match is still played between two teams, but each side is composed of three races. For example, the roster of a Rainbow Wizards team contains Wood Elves, Halflings and Humans. The second difference is that the first team to score a touchdown wins the match. This task is made significantly more difficult by the fact that the ball is hidden in one of six treasure chests, five of which are booby-trapped with an explosive spell. Last, but by no means least, movement within the dungeon is both facilitated and complicated by teleporter pads. These allow players to magically zap from one position to another; a mishap, however, can lead to a player being zapped out of the match. As with Blood Bowl, the game is driven by dice and each player plays in turn.

Dungeonbowl continues Cyanide's successful collaboration with Games Workshop and their rich and varied Blood Bowl world. The gameplay should therefore delight existing Blood Bowl fans as well as offer a gateway to this zany parody of Warhammer®and American Football for fans of tactical sports gaming.

Dungeonbowl is scheduled for release in the second quarter of 2012 and will be available on the Windows PC.

Sounds like they are adhering to the most recent tabletop Dungeon Bowl rules, which are found here (http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1340001_Dungeon_Bowl.pdf).

I might well buy this! I'm more excited for it than Chaos Edition anyway. Even if (as it appears) there's no crossover between this and the standard Blood Bowl game, it could be a worthwhile distraction - and another source of funding for further BB development.

groovychainsaw
11-04-2012, 11:12 AM
Ok, it's ON! Season 18 is starting RIGHT NOW!.

We need your applications in in-game for the correct division as marked in the sheet. You may need to take your team out of your old division to apply for the new one. Any problems, ask in here so we can help out.

All promotions/demotions have been sorted out now and your positions have been assigned accordingly. I've marked people as 'Z' where they wanted to drop out and, as usual, it means some people will be a touch higher in the divisions, with the bottom divisions being dragged up near-wholesale (I've mixed you up so you should be playing some different teams this time around). Currently we have a slot for everyone, apart from MrJoose - either we'll need a couple more players, or you'll be first in line should someone else not turn up MrJoose, hopefully we can squeeze you in this season, I always like to see ogre teams in there ;-).

As usual, if you spot any glaring errors or anything I may have missed, let me know ASAP. I'm away until saturday, but I'm hoping we can get everyone applied by the sunday night, if thats doable, so the first 'week' can commence on the monday. We shall see :-).

Now I've just got to go away and practice my elf-defence - 2 Dark elf teams and a pro elf team for me this season. Hope my humans put their spiky gloves back on ...

Jaytee, you said you might be able to play if we get started early? I've assumed we're already late here, so marked you as Z, let me know sharpish if this is not the case so I can put you back in?

Vexing Vision
11-04-2012, 11:13 AM
Yep, I just saw this meself... very, very interested, much more than in any chaos dwarves.

Cross-over would be lovely.

Can't wait for the Dungeonbowl Tournaments and Leagues!

/Add:

YAY. A life-long dream has come true - I get to play versus JIIIIIM! It's a shame he doesn't sing about the Divisions, but I am excruciatingly looking forward to be the subject of his match reports.

Squiz
11-04-2012, 11:20 AM
Applied, Division 7 it is!

Edit: Just had a look at teams I'll be facing (WElf, DElfs, Gobbos) and have to say: Nullkigan, your DElfs scare the Bajesus out of me.

Jiiiiim
11-04-2012, 11:27 AM
Who won the championship? >_>

Rakysh
11-04-2012, 11:45 AM
Applied to div E, looking forward to two khemri D:

President Weasel
11-04-2012, 11:46 AM
Good old familiar Division 2, my home for several seasons now.
And good old familiar Jarvis, and good old familiar Grinn, and good old familiar NieA7. I'm sure I've played all of you in Division 2 before - this is like deja vu all over again.

groovychainsaw
11-04-2012, 11:50 AM
In all the excitement, I forgot to mention:

Congrats Jiiiim for another storming victory in the championship division, excellent lizarding, you cold-blooded coach, you.

President Weasel
11-04-2012, 12:00 PM
Best at Blood Bowl, best at match reports. Where can you go from here?

MrJoose
11-04-2012, 12:09 PM
Currently we have a slot for everyone, apart from MrJoose - either we'll need a couple more players, or you'll be first in line should someone else not turn up MrJoose, hopefully we can squeeze you in this season, I always like to see ogre teams in there ;-).

No problem, it gives me some time to practice!

Jiiiiim
11-04-2012, 12:15 PM
Yeeeeeeeeeeah

Vexing Vision
11-04-2012, 12:26 PM
No problem, it gives me some time to practice!

Don't get your hopes up yet, we usually have one or two no-shows... pretty certain you'll make it in. :)

mrpier
11-04-2012, 01:09 PM
Orcs and two 'zons teams, should be able to run away from these with my rats, although from experience, amazons can be a bitch to play against with no tackle and the block dice being a bit unfriendly and orcs led by the competent zoraster isn't a perfect fit either. I'll get my application in this very evening.

Congrats Jiiiiim on the championship!

Screwie
11-04-2012, 01:24 PM
Kajo and I face off for the third season in a row! At least it's not the deciding match again, but this is getting rather silly.

Also iNinja's Skaven side should be a welcome change of pace, if I can survive the double-drubbing of Necromantics and Humans from Kajo and Tom respectively.

Congrats to Jiiiim!

Heliocentric
11-04-2012, 01:39 PM
My shambling bankers face Orcs, Lizardmen and Skaven in division D. Haha, mortals excellent.

I have mixed feelings about facing Skaven first, yes I'd like them softened up but now I get first dibs on the squishiest players.

Jiiiiim
11-04-2012, 02:16 PM
In celebration of GLORIOUS VICTORY, here is a team photo with who is who. Now could the skinks stop hoovering up all of the MVPs please?

http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr151/Jiiiiim/teamphoto.jpg

Kajo
11-04-2012, 03:48 PM
Kajo and I face off for the third season in a row! At least it's not the deciding match again, but this is getting rather silly.

Also iNinja's Skaven side should be a welcome change of pace, if I can survive the double-drubbing of Necromantics and Humans from Kajo and Tom respectively.

Congrats to Jiiiim!

Heh, it's 1 first place for you and 1 for me, this is the deciding one :D

X_kot
11-04-2012, 04:36 PM
"Come in, Dagg, come in. Pull up a boulder - you wanted to talk about something?"

"Thanks, boss. A lil snot sez we moved to De Vizion 6, but that dun make cents. I thunk 6 waz less than G, cuz 6 plus E equals sixty."

"I can see where you might reach that conclusion, but it may be easier to picture in terms of stature, er, bigness. G is like a weedy snotling: full of energy and bile, but easily squished. 6 is like a lineorc: tough and dependable, but unremarkable. We'll be facing some stiffer competition this season, including a bunch of drunk northerners who hit people professionally, a group of walking biohazards, and a squad of bourgeois elves."

"Grrr...dun like the boozewazee..."

JayTee
11-04-2012, 05:56 PM
Well I did end the season with exactly 1,000,000 in the bank and as-per-bloody-usual failed to roll anything other than a normal roll for my Blitz-Ra who picks up Tackle.

I'm out for at least two seasons while I move to Australia, and once I'm settled I'll see how bad the timezone faff is as to whether I can return or not. Hope I do, I look forward to throwing a 1780TV Khemri team back into the mix :)

Nullkigan
11-04-2012, 06:37 PM
Applied, Division 7 it is!

Edit: Just had a look at teams I'll be facing (WElf, DElfs, Gobbos) and have to say: Nullkigan, your DElfs scare the Bajesus out of me.

On this:

Should I be bringing back the team I went on Hiatus with, or a newer, more evil team?

Squiz
11-04-2012, 07:22 PM
On this:

Should I be bringing back the team I went on Hiatus with, or a newer, more evil team?I'd say stick with the team you went on the hiatus with. My guys are going to get a pounding anyways and this way at least I get inducements. :) I am not sure if changing teams and staying in the same division would be against the rules.

Nullkigan
11-04-2012, 07:25 PM
They had about 15 games and had reached div A, so, uh. Yeah. Small amount of inducements there :P