PDA

View Full Version : RPS Blood Bowl League - The many, many Divisions of Death!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

groovychainsaw
26-04-2012, 08:56 AM
Ok chaps, today's the last day of 'week 1' and I see 7 unplayed games (on the sheet). I'd like to get things moving along if we can, but let me know if you need an extension. If not, I'll be defaulting games based on posts in the groups (as always) to move the divisions on. All other divisions I'll try to move on tonight.

Sound like some good matches this season so far, too, with nuffle showing his hand early for an number of people - always enjoy reading the match reports :-)

Screwie
26-04-2012, 09:20 AM
Well, Kajo and I have our game planned for tonight.

ChainsawHands
26-04-2012, 12:25 PM
Kelron and I should be playing tonight.

Heliocentric
26-04-2012, 12:38 PM
Anyone looking to join in should be aware that Gamersgate has the "one you need" on sale.
http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-BBLE/blood-bowl-legendary-edition

smaug81
26-04-2012, 01:08 PM
Cacamas and I should be playing our Div 6 match tomorrow afternoon/evening if the deadline can be stretched a bit. I've had an extremely busy week, so Friday is really the first opportunity we've both been available.

20phoenix
26-04-2012, 01:30 PM
Anyone looking to join in should be aware that Gamersgate has the "one you need" on sale.
http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-BBLE/blood-bowl-legendary-edition

10 for a buggy game still seems a bit high for me - as much as I love playing the game I'm glad I only paid 5 for it

DWZippy
26-04-2012, 02:41 PM
I paid 30...

Vexing Vision
26-04-2012, 02:51 PM
I paid 30...

Me too. Twice.

Still not regretting it. :D

Jiiiiim
26-04-2012, 02:56 PM
It's surprised me how much I've played but that's purely down to the RPS leagues. You're all so nice.

Also I paid like seven quid.

DWZippy
26-04-2012, 04:04 PM
Okay, definately going to reboot as Undead next season I think. Is that okay?

sketchseven
26-04-2012, 04:14 PM
Hey guys, planning on downloading BB again tonight and getting involved - when's the new season kick off?

groovychainsaw
26-04-2012, 04:19 PM
Hi Sketch - we've just completed our first 'week' of games, so the next season will be in about 3 week's time. If you go back to the first post (which explains a few things) and add yourself to the spreadsheet, you'll be top of the list to join us for next season. All the rules etc. should be in that sheet, too, but if anything's confusing, just post in here :-).

@Darkwing - you're fine to reboot Darkwing and undead's not too busy on the race balance sheet, so shouldn't be a problem. When getting to the end of the season, put yourself in as 'R1' on the 'next season' column and put your race choice as '{Und}' as a rebooting team.

DWZippy
26-04-2012, 04:21 PM
Excellent. Thank you!

ntw
26-04-2012, 04:41 PM
<snip>...@Darkwing - you're fine to reboot Darkwing and undead's not too busy on the race balance sheet, so shouldn't be a problem. When getting to the end of the season, put yourself in as 'R1' on the 'next season' column and put your race choice as '{Und}' as a rebooting team.

Erm, can I "overrule" you here please GC?

@Darkwing - you're fine to reboot Darkwing and undead's not too busy on the race balance sheet, so shouldn't be a problem. Put yourself in as 'R1 {Und}' on the 'next season' column (Column E - currently hidden).

Bigsheppa
26-04-2012, 04:56 PM
Hi I'm new to the forums, located West Coast US. Given time difference, does it make sense to join this league?

X_kot
26-04-2012, 05:18 PM
Hey, an Oregonian, welcome! Yes, it can work, although you may have to get up early on free days in order to play your matches. I've found weekend games work the best, although it depends on your schedule.

Heliocentric
26-04-2012, 06:06 PM
Okay, definately going to reboot as Undead next season I think. Is that okay?

Would you jump into my grave so fast?
Humph!

It's not a bad team (amazons*) or even a mediocre team, but I lacked the personal ability to perceive how to create versatility, and I wanted to write up every match I have with my team and my undead backlog was towering.

*good luck with dwarves

Edit: clarification

Dog Pants
26-04-2012, 06:17 PM
BBLE is showing no result - either the match has already been reset or the disco completely voided it...

@ Everyone - Please include your Div for requests like this, makes it easier for us admins to find the games...

Fair point, acknowledged. So what happens with the results then? Do we just lose the SPP and move on with the result standing, or have to replay, or default?

Skydancer
26-04-2012, 06:25 PM
Would you jump into my grave so fast?
Humph!

It's not a bad team (amazons*) or even a mediocre team, but I lacked the ability to create versatility, and I wanted to write up every match I have with my team and my undead backlog was towering.

*good luck with dwarves

You tried to create versatility by giving guard as first skill to six players?

Heliocentric
26-04-2012, 06:32 PM
You tried to create versatility by giving guard as first skill to six players?

Negative.

I strove for success, but I felt with undead it was implausible to achieve versatile success with undead.

And I had other skilled players, they got retired, additionally I had no recollection of how matches flowed, I forgot the LOS only holds for as long as the 2 players will it.

In retrospect I should have had block /wrestle and kick/sure hands over my initial picks.

ntw
26-04-2012, 07:43 PM
Fair point, acknowledged. So what happens with the results then? Do we just lose the SPP and move on with the result standing, or have to replay, or default?

Rematch if you can, otherwise we'll have to award an administrative result. Without looking back thru the thread a draw is probably the fairest result unless you are both agreed that one of you was *completely* destroyed *and* won't mind getting zero SPP for the match, while the other gets 16SPP!

tl;dr - rematch or accept a 0-0 draw

LowKey
26-04-2012, 08:04 PM
Well I did pretty much fluke my way to Division A but I would still argue for Undead being an excellent team, they're in that grey area without expertise but can throw together new tactics on the fly, effective use of the ghouls is essential or course. However you do really need the right skills and they really benefit from some stat ups, I remember I was considering dropping them for a more specific team, gave them another season and fortunately I got like 5 levels up which really turned it around. Also mummies <3 <3

Heliocentric
26-04-2012, 08:41 PM
effective use of the ghouls is essential or course
This is the hump of my issues really, the NEED to use the ghouls because everything else is scarce(wight), slow(mummy) or ineffective(linemen).
And yet, they can die easier than anything (no regen, no apoth) short of a rotter... So yes, Rotters are bad, but they are fodder, the ghouls are a keystone of the undead team. Why are fast without the lightning speed of Gutter runners (surefeet +sprint for insanity) or the plentifully available skinks (a skink +krox only team would be interesting)

But, I am sure they can be used well, but maybe I'm too much a creature of habit to get to using them effectively.

Dog Pants
26-04-2012, 09:03 PM
Rematch if you can, otherwise we'll have to award an administrative result. Without looking back thru the thread a draw is probably the fairest result unless you are both agreed that one of you was *completely* destroyed *and* won't mind getting zero SPP for the match, while the other gets 16SPP!

tl;dr - rematch or accept a 0-0 draw

I'll get onto DeekyFun in the division forum to try to replay, although we'll need an extension. It was a 1-1 game so a 0-0 draw is the next best option.

ChainsawHands
26-04-2012, 09:57 PM
3-1 for Elf Harm over Kelron's Deadly Lampshades.

My AV6 AG5 wrestle dodge catcher rolled a double; what to do? Guard on AV6 seems... awkward. ;-)

ntw
26-04-2012, 09:58 PM
These are not the droids you are looking for.
You can go about your business.
Move along please.

ntw
26-04-2012, 10:02 PM
@ GC - Tom'OBedlam & iNinja were unable to connect tonight so I have suggested they get an extension to Monday evening when they can try and play again, are you cool with that or would you prefer to get the day rolled on? Screwie is cool with it, Kajo has not been around to check.

Prester John
27-04-2012, 12:04 AM
Darkweeble and Myself managed to get our game repeated tonight, my Woodelves beating the Gobbo's handily. Gobbos are surely a team for the masochist among BB players and thats saying something :)

Thanks to Darkweeble for the game and being a sportsman.

LowKey
27-04-2012, 08:22 AM
Myself and phil have been unable to get our game in, going to see if he's around tonight if we're allowed the extension otherswise i guess it will need to be defaulted, disapointedface

Heliocentric
27-04-2012, 09:49 AM

My AV6 AG5 wrestle dodge catcher rolled a double; what to do? Guard on AV6 seems... awkward. ;-)

Suggestions:
Block, you can pick what you want to use after the roll.
Sidestep, less crowd surf, be a bastard who is always in the way.
Jump up, because lying down is for suckers. (maybe not with av6)
Leap, a special delivery of ninja to your face.

groovychainsaw
27-04-2012, 09:59 AM
As you're playing me next, might I suggest thick skull? Just a friendly suggestion ;-)

Screwie
27-04-2012, 10:12 AM

AV6? Fend might be a lifesaver.

Vexing Vision
27-04-2012, 10:27 AM
I'd take Leap.

LowKey
27-04-2012, 10:30 AM
Fend is a good shout for a catcher i reckon

imaork
27-04-2012, 11:15 AM
Howdy doody peeps! Just added all my info to the spread sheet and joined the steam group, and i even installed Blood Bowl on steam - i think i'm just about ready to join in :)

sketchseven
27-04-2012, 11:19 AM
Just added my info to the sheet, downloaded Blood Bowl again ... I'm looking forward to getting my face stompe- er I mean my glorious victories and the tears of my defeated opponents. Positive attitude and all that.

ntw
27-04-2012, 11:24 AM
Howdy doody peeps! Just added all my info to the spread sheet and joined the steam group, and i even installed Blood Bowl on steam - i think i'm just about ready to join in :)

Just added my info to the sheet, downloaded Blood Bowl again ... I'm looking forward to getting my face stompe- er I mean my glorious victories and the tears of my defeated opponents. Positive attitude and all that.

Just to confirm chaps - we're using BloodBowl Legendary Edition....

imaork
27-04-2012, 11:27 AM
Just to confirm chaps - we're using BloodBowl Legendary Edition....
Hey, me too! We should totally play together! :D

LowKey
27-04-2012, 12:18 PM
Good job these men, next season isnt for a couple of weeks but you can get some games in through the challenge league for practice and profit

LowKey
27-04-2012, 05:41 PM
Editorial, i wont be able to play this evening even if phil is around so i guess it will have to be a default, le sigh

smaug81
27-04-2012, 08:01 PM
Seems Cacamas and I will actually need one further day to get our Div 6 match in. We had left the timing for this afternoon somewhat open, and by the time I got home (it took me longer than usual) he was running up against a prior engagement. We've rescheduled for tomorrow afternoon. Hope that's not a problem.

boots468
27-04-2012, 11:07 PM
Came across a bug I hadn't seen before playing the AI tonight (damn you overloaded GW2 beta servers!) whereupon we had three half times! It seems that if the ref puts the clock back as a kick off event in turn 8, it goes to another turn 7 and when turn 7 finishes again, you get half time again. Not as game breaking as some of the bugs the game used to have, but mightily annoying when you've KO'd a bunch of blodging elves...

Heliocentric
27-04-2012, 11:11 PM
Good catch, that'd be easy enough to fix too. You should email cyanide support,

20phoenix
28-04-2012, 12:43 AM
Came across a bug I hadn't seen before playing the AI tonight (damn you overloaded GW2 beta servers!) whereupon we had three half times! It seems that if the ref puts the clock back as a kick off event in turn 8, it goes to another turn 7 and when turn 7 finishes again, you get half time again. Not as game breaking as some of the bugs the game used to have, but mightily annoying when you've KO'd a bunch of blodging elves...

I got a good 2-3 hours in this evening however my session was cut short when my internet dropped off for about 10s and I got logged out :(

20phoenix
28-04-2012, 09:52 AM
I did however manage a cheeky late night session with an elementalist - the profession is awesome!

Prester John
28-04-2012, 10:35 AM
Can someone validate my week 1 div 7 match v Darkweeble? Ta !

LowKey
28-04-2012, 10:50 AM
as our match hasn't been defaulted yet me and phil will be playing in a moment, thanks for waiting!

sketchseven
28-04-2012, 01:10 PM
My version of the game is indeed of the legendary variety. I think I need to apply to the challenge league; but I thought for a starting player in the Divs of D you should have a 1000p team max?

President Weasel
28-04-2012, 01:15 PM
You need to create a new team to apply to the Divisions, yes. It'll be a couple of weeks til the current season is over and the new people can join in; in the meantime, if you fancy joining for next season you should put your details on the spreadsheet.

Vexing Vision
28-04-2012, 02:57 PM
So. I have played Jiiiiim's most painful collection of strength 5 players, and the matter was not helped by the fact that my girls ran around like headless chickens.

While I spectacularly failed to do anything in the game apart from fumbling passes, blocks, dodges and pick-ups, I figured the best way to get back at Jiiiiim is to cause him heavy mental anguish.

So. Here you go: http://www.mediafire.com/?tvqbyb4nrx2ojfy

Couldn't block; wouldn't die; couldn't catch; couldn't pass; couldn't kill a skink today.
Couldn't stun; couldn't dodge; wouldn't hurt; couldn't score; couldn't win a fight today.

Inducements so bright, the winds of fate bring Zara's hate, to fight.

A skink runs past, but the chances are vast.

Couldn't block; wouldn't die; couldn't catch; couldn't pass; couldn't kill a skink today.
Couldn't stun; couldn't dodge; wouldn't hurt; couldn't score; couldn't win a fight today.
Couldn't block; wouldn't die; couldn't catch; couldn't pass; couldn't hurt a skink today.
Couldn't stun; couldn't dodge; wouldn't hurt; couldn't score; couldn't stop a score today.

A fumbled pass, two touchdowns are lost without a cost, the halftime is past.

A short pass failed, and the game is nailed.

Couldn't block; wouldn't die; couldn't catch; couldn't pass; couldn't hurt a skink today.
Couldn't stun; couldn't dodge; wouldn't hurt; couldn't score; couldn't stop a score today.

(solo)

And in the fires of battle,
The lizards have their way.
No cage is held, no ball unscored
That lizards hold sway.

And the battle is lost.

(solo)

(My most sincere apologies to Sirenia for my violating of one of my favourite songs. Jiiiiim's 3-0 massacre (only without the blood, really) deserved this.)

Jiiiiim
28-04-2012, 05:58 PM
the strength I had plus the agility I had did screw over VV's team quite majorly. He only cassed one skink and I managed to surf Xanthia Skinkslayer twice, taking her out for the half each time. This is a case where I think my old team had a big advantage because I'd began to get those utility skills - diving tackle saved me a few times, as did tackle, frenzy, break tackle...but mainly I think it was the strength and agility advantage.

Also he kept messing up passes. My favourite moment involved the thrower fumbling and scattering the ball directly into the hands of a skink who was standing nearby minding his own business. Easiest score ever >_>

cyberpunkdreams
28-04-2012, 07:07 PM
So Eard (Chaos | Team Demolition) and (Gobbos | Black Bombers) I just had an epic Div 8 match. The final score doesn't reflect the fact that two Chaos Warriors died (one to stone throwing fans, believe it or not) and two other Chaos players were injured, one permanently. Gobbos took two injuries, one permanent (although only to a cheap goblin).

The Black Bombers were down from the start, given that their chainsaw wielding Looney out for the count with an MNG, and with a low sub count, both the Fanatic and Bombardier had to go on for the first drive. Mr Bombardier went out to the crowd before being able to do anything (although he was just lining up to get a good one into the cage), and the Fanatic was KO'ed before he could do much either. The drive ended with Team Demolition scoring in turn 8, meaning the Fanatic could come on again, but only for one turn (the Black Bombers only having the one bribe). However, he did manage to get some damage in.

The second half was craziness, with both teams severely depleted. Black Bombers started a promising drive up-field, but lost the ball in a risky manoeuvre around the half way line. Both teams suffered more KO's and injuries before Team Demolition could score again. The TD came within a (not very thin) hair's breadth of being defeated by a blitz by a lone gobbo against the ball-carrying Chaos Warrior (dodge, GFI, GFI, two dice-against block resulting in attacker-down after a re-roll) as he stood on the end line, which would have been epic had it succeeded.

The last TD was a cheeky two-turner from Chaos. The kick landed on the half-way line, and with the Black Bombers suffering an unlucky TO, Team Demolition were able to scoop it up and run it in. With only a handful of players left on the pitch, there wasn't much that the Black Bombers could do.

Final score: Team Demolition 3 - 0 Black Bombers

In case you're wondering, the Black Bombers did have a game plan, and it did work (kind of). Given the situation with receiving first, no subs and missing the Looney, the plan was to do as much damage to be opposition and prevent a TD in the first half, then run one in during the second. Much damage was caused, and the TD almost prevented. Had it been 0-0 at the end of the first half, the Fanatic could have stayed on and probably made a big difference.

As it was, the second half's play fell apart due to the low player count on the pitch and a little bit of bad luck (although, to be fair, both good and bad luck affected both teams about equally). Although Chaos were down a lot of players too, and so both teams had roughly the same number on the pitch, they could simply wear the dearth more easily. Gobbos really need both weight of numbers and at least one secret weapon guy on the pitch to be effective against a power team (or, indeed, at all).

Still, the match ended up being a lot more expensive for Team Demolition than for the Black Bombers, and the Black Bombers can still avoid relegation into Div H by sorting out Mr Joose's Orges. As noted in the post-match discussion with Eard, gobbos are basically impossible to do much with (bar rely on luck) until the team has had a chance to develop somewhat. A decent number of subs will give a lot more tactical options for a start, and the key players really need to skill up. I think that gobbos are a lot weaker out of the box than most other teams, but can develop in fun and exciting ways (Bombardier + Hail Mary Pass = chaos!)

smaug81
28-04-2012, 10:00 PM
Irrelevant Illnesses (Nur, Me) vs. Top Brass (HElf, Cacamas)
Div. 6
Final Score: 1 - 1

A match in which the bastarding elfs did everything that bastarding elfs do, and yet, by Nuffle-given miracle, the match still ended with a tie.

The first half saw Cacamas win the toss and choose to kick. A riot ran the clock forward a turn. The half then proceeded rather predictably with me moving my wall of rotting flesh forward every time it was my turn, and the bastarding elfs dodging away and setting up two-elf columns across the field every time it was their turn. This continued until I had finally ground my way within range of the endzone, at which point Cacamas had left me with no other option than to try to run my ball carrying Pestigor along the sideline through an elfs TZs, which, as you might imagine, did not go well.

0 - 0 at half time, then, with only a single KO'd elf to show for it.

The second half began with my kicker sending the ball short and towards the left sideline. A blitz result allowed me to pin a catcher against the sideline, but I couldn't maneuver close enough to the ball to really capitalize on it. On the next turn, Cacamas managed to pick up the ball with a thrower, and then push a gap in my line on the right side and dodge a catcher through. However, the catcher then failed a (seemingly unnecessary? Perhaps trying to get in range of the goal?) GFI that ended the turn prematurely, allowing me to then surf the catcher on the left sideline for a BH. The best I could do to follow this up, however, was to get a single rotter next to the ball carrier. I neglected to send anyone back to cover the catcher in the backfield, choosing instead to try and keep my lines from being further penetrated. This nearly payed off, as Cacamas moved his thrower into position for a clear pass to the backfield catcher. The movement brought him in range of two layers of Disturbing Presence, which succeeded in causing a fumble on the first throw attempt. However, the pass reroll pulled out a 6, sending the ball sailing perfectly into the catcher's hands, and well out of range of any reprisal.

Thoroughly disgusted, I spent my next turn bashing what elfs I could, and attempting an uncharacteristic foul attempt on an AG5 lineman. I sent no one in pursuit of the catcher, forgetting that Cacamas would, of course, be mad not to stall as long as possible. I quickly attempted to rectify this mistake over the next couple of turns, whilst also continuing to foul the lineman, which never resulted in anything but a 2 turn stun and finally got my rotter sent off after 3 attempts. Fortunately, I had managed to exert enough pressure to convince Cacamas to run in the TD.

0 - 1, then, on my turn 13, with still only two elfs taken out of the equation. Not looking good.

My next drive began with a centrally placed and mercifully short kick from the elfs. My warriors and beast bashed the line of scrimmage and I set up a screen across the field, picking up the ball with a rotter and sending him and my Pestigor towards the right sideline. This drive began to play out much like my first, with the bastarding elfs dodging away at every opportunity. This time, however, I finally managed to score a couple of solid casualties, and my beast was better placed to keep several elfs locked down with his tentacles (which were quite effective all match. . . Cacamas succeeded in breaking free of them only 4/14 times). Still, I was again pushed into running down the sideline, hoping at some point to get a shot at passing or dodging the ball into the endzone. A clear run in seemed beyond the realm of possibility. At the last minute, however, Nuffle smiled upon me. My ball carrying rotter was positioned on the right sideline, just a few squares out of range. He was flanked to the left by two rotters and my Pestigor, providing a solid line between him and any opposition. Cacamas had a single elf positioned in front of me to stop my forward progress (I had injured his partner in the column at the end of my previous turn), and several others arrayed around the area. At the beginning of his final turn, Cacamas attempted to dodge an elf away to reinforce the column preventing my forward movement, and rolled a 1. Final reroll used. . . another 1. Turnover. Suddenly I have a chance. I took my two flanking rotters, moved one forward to provide an assist, blitzed with the other, and managed to push the lone elf before me over to the sideline, clearing a path to the endzone. I handed the ball off from my rotter to my Pestigor, who was one square closer to the endzone and therefore within a single GFI's range of the TD. I roll a 6 for the catch. Success! The Pestigor trots forward, easily makes the GFI, and against all odds I manage to snatch a draw from what looked like certain defeat all match long.

Cacamas, as he told me after the match, was somewhat speechless. I can't say I blame him.

A thoroughly undeserved tie for my Nurglings, then, and a match that ended on an unexpected bang. I'm still irked by my seeming inability to cope with elfs without the intercession of extreme luck, but hopefully proper team development will eventually improve the situation.

Cacamas
28-04-2012, 10:02 PM
The Top Brass 1 - 1 Irrelevant Illnesses

Another draw for my poncy elves, despite my best efforts. In the first half, I managed to nullify the Nurglites, with the help of a riot reducing the total turns. In the second half, I executed a standard passing play and got my catcher deep in the opposition half. Smaug made a crucial mistake at this point: instead of hunting the catcher down he went for more blocks. As a result, I managed to delay the score for another two turns, leaving only 4 turns for the final drive. And it was all good, until I failed a crucial dodge on the final turn, leaving the opportunity for the pestigor to take a hand-off and GFI over the line. Something of an annoyance, since I'm not sure what else I could've done. BBManager shows a relatively fair spread of the luck except for one exception: I succeeded with 4/14 Tentacles rolls, which equated to -65 chance (!). At any rate, GG Smaug.

Prester John
29-04-2012, 01:00 PM
Div 7 needs some love... we're still stuck in week 1 !

groovychainsaw
29-04-2012, 01:33 PM
Moved almost all divisions on now, validated some games, too, I'm waiting on one or two games being played today to get the last 2 divisions going.

smaug81
29-04-2012, 02:34 PM
Anyone know what the story is behind posts sometimes being held for moderator approval? I've had it happen a couple of times now for reasons that are unclear. My match report for the game against Cacamas is sitting in limbo as a result.

Heliocentric
29-04-2012, 06:53 PM
Anyone know what the story is behind posts sometimes being held for moderator approval?
The patriot act is there to protect you.

Lowlander
29-04-2012, 07:26 PM
Hi Guys I recently bought Blood bowl, I am looking to make a team and join a league, what is the maximum amount allowed to build a team?

Alistair Hutton
29-04-2012, 07:35 PM
Due to an impending flat move it may be best if I drop out for a season next season. If the Altdorf army was to do so would it be able to come back in at an appropriate level - I don't think restarting down in division Y/26 (or whatever we're up to now) would be much fun for my opponents at that level.

Of course the move could go swimmingly well and I'm up and running with barely a flicker of disruption, but... New town, new router, Cyanide etc.

ntw
29-04-2012, 08:14 PM
Hi Guys I recently bought Blood bowl, I am looking to make a team and join a league, what is the maximum amount allowed to build a team?

New teams are fresh 1k TV creations, basically make a new team and spend (up to ) all of the starting money...

laneford
29-04-2012, 08:33 PM
Myself and Snoozer's game got interrupted by network difficulties on his end, around turn four (Div B) I suspect we'll reschedule, so could any eager admins refrain from validating it, thanks!

Lowlander
29-04-2012, 10:19 PM
OK thanks ntw, Im off to build my team :)

Dog Pants
29-04-2012, 10:37 PM
Okay, Div E is ready to move on please. The replay between Anupshi Rises and the Dandy-Lions this time ended in a 2-1 victory for the home side. It was a game of stereotypes, with a beautiful running and passing game opening up the scoresheet for the High Elves and a cage with the momentum of four Tomb Guardians equalising by half time. The Khemri second half drive was deliberately slow so as not to give the Dandy-Lions another chance to score, and unfortunately for Coach DeekyFun attrition had taken away enough of his team that despite a skilled defence he was unable to hold the attackers back. Had Nuffle been a little less bloodthirsty things may have been different.

ntw
30-04-2012, 09:08 AM
Don't forget to put your details on the sheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApZtTuVnFIbvdDRKQ20yb0N1Zy1FMlcybFFFQ0Vre Xc&authkey=CLqFqKgH&hl=en&authkey=CLqFqKgH#gid=24)(also linked in first post), also bear in mind that we do run race restrictions (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApZtTuVnFIbvdDRKQ20yb0N1Zy1FMlcybFFFQ0Vre Xc&authkey=CLqFqKgH&hl=en&authkey=CLqFqKgH#gid=30) (current balance is recorded in the sheet!) so you *may* not be able to get your first choice...

sketchseven
30-04-2012, 12:09 PM
Man, this league is worth the entry fee for the team names alone. That and the match write-ups.

ntw
30-04-2012, 12:19 PM
The entry fee *is* one of the most attractive features of the league ;)

Also, as you say the write-ups and some of the team and player names are a bonus. Finally everyone here (that I have met) is a jolly nice chap, even in adversity...

Tom OBedlam
30-04-2012, 01:33 PM
I'm not going to able to manage to get my game in tonight, I'm afraid. Sudden real life stuff means I'm busy until Wednesday so just roll div 4 on. Sorry guys.

20phoenix
30-04-2012, 01:46 PM
Best team name i've seen so far?

Anupshi Rises - what a great name for a Khemri side

Vexing Vision
30-04-2012, 02:34 PM
Aye - I've been part of the illustrious DoDs since July last year, and the combination of a truly fun league-mechanic that makes EVERY game count as well as the outstanding chaps and chapettes (I think we have one of those) is sublime.

Also, I have learned a lot more about Magic by having had a closer look at the spreadsheet.

ntw
30-04-2012, 02:51 PM
<snip>...Also, I have learned a lot more about Magic by having had a closer look at the spreadsheet.

So once again, I have cast a spell over you - eh Vex?

TBH the sheet and formulae have evolved over many months, every now and then someone spots a mistake or makes a suggestion which incentivises me to add to it or tweak it slightly...

Dog Pants
30-04-2012, 05:26 PM

Hah! Thanks, I stole it from Count Duckula. My favourite is The David Icke Experience.

Also, DeekyFun and I played our replay last night so Div E is ready to roll on. I did post this last night but I got a message about awaiting moderation and it hasn't appeared. I'm not a spammer, honest.

ntw
30-04-2012, 07:33 PM
Hah! Thanks, I stole it from Count Duckula. My favourite is The David Icke Experience.

Also, DeekyFun and I played our replay last night so Div E is ready to roll on. I did post this last night but I got a message about awaiting moderation and it hasn't appeared. I'm not a spammer, honest.

The important thing is that you have updated the sheet :)

DivE rolled on

cyberpunkdreams
30-04-2012, 09:37 PM

+1 for The David Icke Experience ;).

My own team name (Black Bombers) comes from a war story my granddad used to tell. He said that the super strong laxatives they were given were large and black, so were known amongst the soldiers as "black bombers." When they took hold, the unlucky squaddie would shout "Black Bomber coming through!" while sprinting for the latrine, ensuring that a path was cleared... hence my team motto. Anyway, I figured it was appropriate for the gobbos...

groovychainsaw
30-04-2012, 10:31 PM
All divisions now moved on and any games i found (that had been entered in the sheet) validated. Everyone should be able to keep going with week 2 now :-)

Gorm
30-04-2012, 10:40 PM
Just got elf'd 4-1 by Brains Pro Elves. I did manage to injure 4 of his players, so i guess thats like a win? I felt like it was actually a pretty good game, Brain might have found the first half a bit easy though.

Screwie
30-04-2012, 11:41 PM
Kajers (Necro, Kajo) vs Dread Pool (Dark Elves, me)

Kajo and I finally had our game. Meeting for the third time in 3 seasons it was another close call between us. This particular outing was marked by Kajo's great luck with blocking and injury - two Dark Elves have been fatally retired from the Pool.

The first death was Istul the Fistful, one of my Invincible Guard Bastards. My apothecary did his best and rolled up another death. Not only that, he helped the opposition raise Istful as a zombie! Needles to say, after the game management had some sharp words for the doctor. No, that's swords. Sharp swords.

The second was one of my first blitzers, Unicorn-Killer. To be honest U-K has survived much longer than I thought, being the only man on my side with a niggling injury for three seasons now. He knew he was living on borrowed time.

I kicked in the first half, but wrested the ball from Kajo's side and held onto it, thanks to my Dump-Offs, before eventually scoring in turn 8.

The score remained unchanged until the final turn of the match, when a typically elfy manoeuvre to clinch a 2-0 victory failed with a fumbled pass, which Kajo's ghoul picked up and delivered across the line to tie the score.

Final Score: 1-1

Great game Kajo, and thanks again for trimming my bloating TV :P

smaug81
01-05-2012, 02:24 AM
Irrelevant Illnesses (Nur, Me) vs. The Knuckle Heads (Ogre, X_kot)
Div. 6
Final Score: 0 - 1

This will go down in the annals as one of my worst matches ever. Nearly as disheartening as watching VV's Amazons disassemble my poor Brolafs.

The match began with an injured rotter on the first action of the game, and only went downhill from there. I suspect the Pows were all filed off my dice and replaced with Push and Defender Stumbles. It seemed I could roll nothing else. All those 3 dice blocks against snotlings, and hardly more than a few successfully knocked them over. The only injuries I could score were stuns and KOs, and precious few of those (the only permanently injured snotling in the whole match suffered a fractured arm upon being thrown at one of my Warriors).

Meanwhile, it felt like the ogres were tearing holes in my players, and selectively injuring only the valuable ones. My Pestigor was injured twice (mercifully, only BH each time), and one of my Warriors suffered a fractured skull. My rotters, remarkably, were largely untouched in spite of being punched in the face over and over.

Ultimately, I spent the match pfaffing around completely ineffectually, and X_kot walked away with a well deserved win. He made extremely annoying use of his snotlings, and his ogres proved to be a wall of meat that I simply could neither scratch nor outmaneuver. Grats to X_kot! Now go break some elfs. :D

X_kot
01-05-2012, 03:09 AM
When questioned about the suspiciously healthy roster of snotlings after their encounter with Irrelevant Illnesses, Coach X_kot dismissed allegations that his goblins were dunked in industrial-strength grease prior to the match, saying that "they're just naturally greasy critters. Engineers traditionally repair jammed cogs by having a snotling crawl through the machinery before turning it on - sometimes they even wait for the bugger to get out first."

Smaug was a great sport given the paucity of luck given to him throughout the match. Here's to better dice against the Nords!

The Brain
01-05-2012, 07:42 AM
Just got elf'd 4-1 by Brains Pro Elves. I did manage to injure 4 of his players, so i guess thats like a win? I felt like it was actually a pretty good game, Brain might have found the first half a bit easy though.

You did manage to kill my kicker though and injur my already crippled catcher who now really needs to be put out to pasture, as soon as I can afford another one. Rolling 1 twice for winnings didn't help out in that regard. It was a fun game though, against the bashiest skaven side I have played.

Alistair Hutton
01-05-2012, 08:24 AM
Finally everyone here (that I have met) is a jolly nice chap, even in adversity...

I'm not, I turn into a right cunt when the dice go against me.

Hex. Hexhexhexhex.

Kajo
01-05-2012, 08:41 AM
Great game Kajo, and thanks again for trimming my bloating TV :P

Next time i'll win! :D

BTW: there's some way to change the name of the team and the players?

President Weasel
01-05-2012, 09:33 AM

Change, no.
Specify when you make the team, and when you buy each player, yes. You can change the player name (and cycle through the appearance options) in the "details" tab before you buy them. So I'm afraid you're stuck with your current team and player names - but at least you'll be able to name new players when you hire them.

Screwie
01-05-2012, 09:54 AM
That's two undead teams now stuck with my silly Dark Elf names :P

Heliocentric
01-05-2012, 10:00 AM

No, non whatsoever. There is a beauty in that, names are legacy.

In my own team I'm strongly considering firing some players to reset, not their names but rather the skills. I'm facing Orcs next so a little guard meat to hold the line will be good.

DWZippy
01-05-2012, 12:10 PM
For my undead, I'm planning entirely on taking names from fallen opponents, but i'll start with the names of my High Elf team that I'm putting out to pasture.

sketchseven
01-05-2012, 01:30 PM
Thinking about the names of the players isn't something I'd considered - I'll have to remember that for future team selections.

Heliocentric
01-05-2012, 01:51 PM
For my undead, I'm planning entirely on taking names from fallen opponents.
2/13 So far over here, got Cyanided out of a third.

ntw
01-05-2012, 04:53 PM
I'm not, I turn into a right cunt when the dice go against me.

Hex. Hexhexhexhex.

Fair point - Everyone *except* Al Hutton is a jolly nice chap :p

Everblue
01-05-2012, 09:30 PM
Hello there. I'd like to join your league please!
I have played quite a bit against the AI but not against a human opponent for about 17 years. I've created a new team, Darkholm Bats, and added it to the mighty fine spreadsheet. It looks like you have about a fortnight left on your current league season, is that right?

A bit of background about me - I'm 33, living in London. Keen gamer - I'm currently playing Starcraft 2 (only gold league mind) and I've played quite a lot of WoW in the past. I used to play 40k and Space Marine when I was a kid, as well as the occasional game of Blood Bowl (this would have been in 1994 I think).

Look forward to catching up with some of you in game. I have Skype, by the way, if needed.

President Weasel
01-05-2012, 09:48 PM
Hello there! There's two weeks to go, or thereabouts, then a frantic few days as Groovychainsaw works out the promotions and demotions and leavers and joiners and rejoiners and then tries to herd all the cats into the right league and get the whole shebang started all over again.

cyberpunkdreams
01-05-2012, 10:45 PM
Hello there. I'd like to join your league please!

A bit of background about me - I'm 33, living in London. Keen gamer - I'm currently playing Starcraft 2 (only gold league mind) and I've played quite a lot of WoW in the past. I used to play 40k and Space Marine when I was a kid, as well as the occasional game of Blood Bowl (this would have been in 1994 I think).

Hi, welcome to the league! I'm in my first season here myself.

I'm in kind of the same situation, history-wise. I played various GW titles a lot until my late teens. My main game was Space Marine by far, but I played a few others too. I never played 40K itself, and I think I only ever had about half a game of Fantasy Battle ;). I've been getting more nostalgic about it recently (especially as I walk past a GW game centre almost every day), but it seems that their main focus is more and more on 40K/Fantasy Battle. A lot of games I used to play don't even seem to get a mention on their site any more...

El Cubo
01-05-2012, 11:02 PM
Wayward Gladiators (Nor, Me) vs. Top brass (HElf, cacamas/deesno)

The match between Wayward Gladiators and Top Brass was played in blinding sunshine. The Norse felt the urge to start bashing elven skulls promptly and therefore chose to receive the ball at start. First injury was caused by Titus Pullo on the Line of Scrimmage. The high concentration of players on the LoS left the nordic defense patchy and a failed pick-up left the ball ripe for the picking. Fortunately the culprit didn't get far, and the Norse proceeded to cage the retreived ball safely. The elves couldn't break the cage, but screened with the ever loveable two man lines. Fortunately they didn't control the whole pitch, and there was no hurry, so the little headway that the norse could make was enough for Darius the berserker to score on turn 8.

The elven attack was as elven as they come. While the elven catchers invaded the Nordic fields, one of them slipped and knocked himself out. And even though another catcher was stopped cold by Ulfwereners, he still managed to run to the end-zone in receiving position. Alas, the elven thrower attempting the long pass was blinded by the sunlight and the ball scattered. Thus, the only thing the catcher ever received was a cruel shove into the gentle hands of the fans. The ball was left in a perfect position for the norse to exploit and the scattered and battered elves weren't in a position to defend. The dice weren't in their favor either. On turn 8, Lucius Vorenus ran the touchdown.

Final Score: 2-0 for Wayward Gladiators

Dentharial
02-05-2012, 08:40 AM
Div G

Da Blu Moonz (Dentharial, Orcs) VS Sulaco (Darkwingstalker, HElves)

A game against Darkwing was tried
But the network repeatedly died
If the deadline's in sight
Then a draw is alright
Until then, we yell, "Cyaniiiiiiide!"

LowKey
02-05-2012, 10:14 AM
Bravo that man

desvergeh
02-05-2012, 12:44 PM
I've seen no match summary posted by Ntw, and been too busy until now to add it myself.

Division D - Insert Witty Team Name Here vs Bishi Bashi Speshal

The game was decided by a couple of important factors: great defensive playing by ntw, he re-positioned his rats very well, constantly denying me blocks; two poor moves by myself, which allowed an easy TD for ntw in turn 3, and halted my desperate last turn TD attempt; poor armour rolls for the orcs, resulting in more orc injuries than on the skaven team; an extremely effective wizard, causing two orc injuries and a stunned troll.

A good match. Ntw clearly demonstrated how to play Skaven, and punished me for each of my slip-ups.

Final Score 1-0 to Insert Witty Team Name Here.

ntw
02-05-2012, 01:42 PM
Apologies to all my legions of adoring match report fans, I have also been madbusy with a new job and stuffs going on.

After the previous game where my brave (stupid?) rats hurled themselves into the Undead mincing machine of Helio but still somehow managed to score 3 TDs while only conceding 1, I was fearful of another bashy match against des's vicious looking Orcs.

However, as des says, my Skaven seemed to be the ones doing much of the bashing while it seems I am finally starting to get the hang of playing them. Silly mistakes on both sides probably balanced out, dice rolls were fairly even with my luck at breaking Orc armour balanced by some poor rolls at other times.

Just Karandraz's fearsome 1960TV Lizards (should give me ~400k of incentives to play with though) to play now in the final match of the season, which shall forever be remembered in Skaven legend as "that season where we played all the bashy teams, and got bashed loads".

20phoenix
02-05-2012, 02:16 PM
AGP 1-0 Global Warping

A decidedly un-wood elf v skaven contest with the only score of the game being run in on the 15th turn. AGP beefed up his squad beforehand allowing me 360k in inducements - one thing that MM in Auld hasnt taught me is the use of inducements so I kept it simple and took a wizard and a RO for some elf squishing.

AGP won the toss and elected to receive. He then promptly set about dismantling my side successfully breaking armour 4/4 times in the first turn - 1 stun and 3 KO's. I responded by tying up his catchers in my territory before attempting to blitz with the RO who promptly skulled which was rerolled to a both down. AGPs second turn started the same way as the first as the first block saw a GR killed. My apothecary was having none of it but said the poor rat needed rest and a MNG was handed out instead. A failed short pass gave me an opportunity I couldnt take advantage of and for the next two turns there was some jousting as AGP tried to free his catchers. On turn 5 I managed to work a route through to the ball carrier with a SV who sat the elven thrower down on his arse and allowed a GR to swoop in and pick up the ball and scoot into the elven half. As he had no support he didnt have the ball for long and AGPs blitz KO'd the GR but left him unable to get anyone back to pick up the ball. A free rat lino managed to cover the ground and get within one turn of the line. In an effort to protect him a SV dodged out of a TZ, tripped over his feet and ended his game with a badly hurt roll. The unskilled lino didnt stand a chance as elves pounced on him and the elves had one last chance to score before the half was out. The pass failed spectacularly and a successful but painful first half was over.

Half time saw 3/4 of the KO'd rats back on leaving me two men down on the elves but still fancied my chances. However pouring rain and a kick just behind my LOS forced me throw my plans out the window. A GR secured the ball and retreated with a semi cage around him while my rat ogre unsuccesfully attempted to surf a lino. On my next turn an opening on the right allowed me to push into the elven half with a semi cage. The cage was immediately swamped with elves but the ball carrier remained standing albeit with three elves blocking escape routes and stood next a tackle wardancer. An attempted blitz to surf the WD ended in a failed wild animal roll and then lonered the attempted reroll. This left me needing 1D blocks to free the runner with the final one failing. Next turn the GR was removed from the ball and subsequently the pitch as he picked up a KO but the elves failed to secure the ball. A SV blitz to remove the ball marker meant a plucky lino could make a break for the endzone but again a lack of rats on the pitch meant he was flying solo and didnt hold the ball for long. Four elves surrounded the ball giving me no chance to retrieve it so I marked up what I could and hoped the rolls went my way. Nuffle smiled on me and the first attempted block double skulled for a turnover. It didnt really help though as I still couldnt get rats to the ball and the next turn saw the elves escape down the right with most of the rats tied up down the left. A GR and a linerat managed to break free threatening the carrier from opposite sides slowing the cage down enough to give me one last pop at the ball carrier. A 2D roll got me a stumble and the ball scattered into an empty square with no markers. All I needed was to dodge a GR away from his marker scoop up the ball and make hell for leather for the opposite end of the pitch. The greased up rat slipped away from his marker but failed to get a good grip on the ball. One easy block away and the elves had a clear run to the endzone. With no riot forthcoming I was left to pick up the 6th SPP for a lino to finish the game.

Despite the loss i'm happy with my efforts since I spent most the game with about 5-6 rats on the field. Holding woodies to one score with 11 rats is a hard enough task.

Ultimately I think the failed rat ogre blitz was the crucial moment as my GR escaping then would probably have seen me score.

desvergeh
02-05-2012, 03:24 PM
Silly mistakes on both sides probably balanced out

Didn't notice your mistakes, you seemed to play a perfect game as far as I could see - ie. deny me blocks and reposition your rats to support each other. Made it very difficult to break through your defence or score any injuries.

sketchseven
02-05-2012, 04:15 PM
it seems that their main focus is more and more on 40K/Fantasy Battle. A lot of games I used to play don't even seem to get a mention on their site any more...

I'm still a GW fan although my 40K army hasn't had an outing for a long time (and indeed needs a whole lot of painting still) - the GW focus seems to be the two main games and the LotR tie-in game (which has become an entire product line in it's own right).

Titles like Blood Bowl and Nercomunda are still played and enjoyed but not supported any more - although I believe you can still get the Necromunda rulebooks etc through the GW site.

Anyway, back to online gaming ... have signed up to the Divs of Death, the Challenge League and the Open, planning to spend the next few months training up a team on the Challange league for when the Open er... opens up again. And be playing my DoD games with another team. Should be good - looking forward to learning all about this game.

desvergeh
02-05-2012, 06:36 PM
Titles like Blood Bowl and Nercomunda are still played and enjoyed but not supported any more - although I believe you can still get the Necromunda rulebooks etc through the GW site.

GW are still doing the odd spin-off release, such as last years Dreadfleet. Personally I prefer that type of release, where everything you need is in one box.

There are also rumours of a re-release of an old game. Possibly Necromunda or Bloodbowl. My money would be on Necromunda (literally too).

potatoedoughnut
02-05-2012, 07:28 PM
GW are still doing the odd spin-off release, such as last years Dreadfleet. Personally I prefer that type of release, where everything you need is in one box.

There are also rumours of a re-release of an old game. Possibly Necromunda or Bloodbowl. My money would be on Necromunda (literally too).

To continue the off-topic GW thread: did anyone play Battlefleet Gothic? I quite enjoyed that. Haven't touched my 40k or WFB stuff in over 10 years.

NieA7
02-05-2012, 07:53 PM
I loved Necromunda but I could hardly ever get any games in, people I knew preferred Blood Bowl and Fantasy. Van Saar for the win!

X_kot
02-05-2012, 08:06 PM
To continue the off-topic GW thread: did anyone play Battlefleet Gothic? I quite enjoyed that. Haven't touched my 40k or WFB stuff in over 10 years.

Battlefleet Gothic is quite neat, although it is never fun facing an Tau player who spams missile boats.

Heliocentric
02-05-2012, 08:22 PM
Necromunda was great but relied to heavily on having excellent terrain. My Scavvy swarm (had like 50 guys, ate 1 of my guys a match) was one of the few bastions which survived a zombie plague, Scavvies with stolen Las weapons ^_^ And lots of swords.

Van Saar for the win!
Tech skills topped out in usefulness when your heavy bolter already has a 2+ ammo roll.

But stealth, shooting and agility? Delaque had it all,agiity shooting and stealth. Sprint makes you harder to shoot for gods sake, double that up with evade and hip shooting and (gunfighter for pure epic, or dive when your opponents are skilled with positioning)? He'll be dropping down on you with a cheeky hand flamer or 2 before you can get a shot to land on him.

The panic that causes is extreme.

Janek
02-05-2012, 08:45 PM
Oh Great and Bountiful admins: Somanyrobots and I are having some scheduling issues due to work and timezones and flights and such. We'll probably need a short extension if that's okay (Monday is looking promising)

20phoenix
02-05-2012, 08:48 PM
Oh great and bountiful game devs - please convert Necromunda into turn based PC goodness

President Weasel
02-05-2012, 08:48 PM
1-0 and about to go for a dodge (with a reroll) to go 2-0 up when NieA7 disconnected.
I'd like to take the administrative win rather than trying again.

Heliocentric
02-05-2012, 08:50 PM
1-0 and about to go for a dodge (with a reroll) to go 2-0 up when NieA7 disconnected.
I'd like to take the administrative win rather than trying again.

Are you sure? You look like you'd easily get 6 or 8 touchdowns there, you really look like you have him on the ropes.

NieA7
02-05-2012, 08:51 PM
President Weasle and I just got to turn 5 of our match when my machine crashed. It was 1-0 to him and he was about to score again, could an admin set it to a 2-0 win to him?

More generally it's becoming clear that my connection for BB is terrible. I can play Tribes with no problem at a c.20ms ping, stream 720 vids off YouTube and other online games seem fine too, but BB's all over the place. If I can't sort it out I think I'll drop out from future seasons, it must be very tedious for my opponents.

*Edit* Thanks Helio XP

cyberpunkdreams
02-05-2012, 10:45 PM
Possibly Necromunda or Bloodbowl. My money would be on Necromunda (literally too).

I never played Necromunda either, although it looked interesting. I remember the rules coming out free in a White Dwarf. THe main game must have been released after my time with GW.

cyberpunkdreams
02-05-2012, 10:47 PM
Oh great and bountiful game devs - please convert Necromunda into turn based PC goodness

I'd be keen to develop a new version of Space Hulk as a real time or turn based game (lots of ideas for it). Necromunda could be interesting too...

Alistair Hutton
03-05-2012, 09:05 AM
I never played Necromunda either, although it looked interesting. I remember the rules coming out free in a White Dwarf. THe main game must have been released after my time with GW.

You're thinking of Confrontation which was based on GW's venerable 4 phase action system they'd used for things like the Golden Heros roleplaying game. The incomplete rules for Confrontation were released over several issues in White Dwarf. Necromunda was based on the standard W40K system with extra bits.

Gorm
03-05-2012, 09:11 AM
I've heard talk that they might be putting overwatch into the 40k rules, so if you had a rich friend you could buy the forgeworld spacehulk like terrain (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/REALM-OF-BATTLE-ZONE-MORTALIS-SET.html) and just play games on that.

Screwie
03-05-2012, 09:48 AM
President Weasle and I just got to turn 5 of our match when my machine crashed. It was 1-0 to him and he was about to score again, could an admin set it to a 2-0 win to him?

More generally it's becoming clear that my connection for BB is terrible. I can play Tribes with no problem at a c.20ms ping, stream 720 vids off YouTube and other online games seem fine too, but BB's all over the place. If I can't sort it out I think I'll drop out from future seasons, it must be very tedious for my opponents.

Who was challenging who in this game? It might make a difference, as it appeared to do in our two recent games. Also port forwarding, torrents, streaming, yada yada?

Also of course I wasn't there, but is 5 turns really enough to call an administrative victory? That is a ton of time left in which to fight back...

President Weasel
03-05-2012, 11:56 AM
He was down a wight, I was up a touchdown and had just got a blitz and caught the ball on the restart, had ridden the attempted sack, and was one dodge (with a reroll) away from a 2-0 lead. Making us restart at 0-0 seems like penalising me for his PC crashing.

We tried again in the challenge league after NieA7 had turned zone alarm off - the once-every-turn 15 seconds of connection error messages went away, and the annoying 2 second lag between selecting an option and seeing it happen on screen. Then his PC blue screened, and my halfling team got their only ever challenge league win.
We tried a third time, again with no zone alarm, and it worked perfectly. His fresh amazon team beat the crap out of my 1700 TV lizards and handed them one of their very few challenge league defeats.

I don't know why he's getting the occasional blue screens with Blood Bowl and not other games; it's not the graphics driver.
Could be one slightly dodgy, or slightly badly seated, stick of RAM - but you'd expect that to show up with other games too.
Maybe try deleting the install and installing it again? Make sure you've still got the disk (or access to the download, or whatever) before deleting the install though.
It does seem like Zonealarm might be behind the connection issues though.

Gorm
03-05-2012, 12:43 PM
I've been getting crashes to desktop recently when i've been spinning in the public leagues. Pretty annoying.

Alistair Hutton
03-05-2012, 01:16 PM
I noticed that all the division B matches have now been played (according to the holy spreadsheet). It would be great if the week was bumped along for us because My life is about to get hectic and so the more opportunities I have to fit in the final game the better.

ntw
03-05-2012, 03:49 PM
Few results validated, weeks rolled on where possible.

PW vs NieA7 set to 2-0

ntw
03-05-2012, 03:52 PM
Div G

Da Blu Moonz (Dentharial, Orcs) VS Sulaco (Darkwingstalker, HElves)

A game against Darkwing was tried
But the network repeatedly died
If the deadline's in sight
Then a draw is alright
Until then, we yell, "Cyaniiiiiiide!"

This thread is a constant font of creativity :)

Your match is still live with 3 days to go to the deadline - play it if you can! :)

NieA7
03-05-2012, 08:10 PM
I think the DCs are sorted (thanks to Pres for helping me test), turns out that even if you allow BB for both incoming and outgoing traffic in Zone Alarm it'll still mess you about. I'll just quit it altogether in future, hopefully that'll do the trick.

The crashes aren't BB specifically, damned if I know what it is but about once a month or so my computer will BSOD (7f or 1e), making it impossible to track down. It's happened in BB, Stellar Impact and just randomly on the desktop. I've tried removing the overclock, reseating the RAM and tweaking voltages but nothing's helped so far unfortunately.

Screwie - Turn 5 is kinda early, but this was my third DC'd game in the last week or so. Thinking back to the DC on our game on the last turn, and how happy I was that that turned a 2-0 win into a 2-0 loss, I offered PW an admin win instead of a replay. Nuffle giveth, and Nuffle taketh away.

Squiz
03-05-2012, 10:23 PM
What a game. DarkWeeble's Goblins (1) vs. The RPS forum Allstar Orcs (1). Right on the first turn, DW's Lunatic started swinging his ball and chain wildly around him and straight into the face of one of my Black Orc Blockers: Badly Injured. During the rest of the first half, I lost another BOB (Badly Injured) and then another one (KO). After a few failed pick-up attempts the Pogoer then managed to happily bounce his way into my endzone, getting his team the 1-0 lead.

A suprise visit of my girlfriend's father did its part to destroy any coherent strategy I might had thought up (I had to bounce back and forth between the guest in the kitchen and my PC in the living room...) and I felt lucky to see the half finished without further injuries. Luckily (for me), the referee sent off Chainsaw, Bombardier and Lunatic for the second half. Somehow Heliocentric (one of my Blitzers) managed to squeeze in an equaliser, 1-1.

The last few turns I spent trying to figure out how to reach the opposing endzone with my ballcarrier but ultimately failed at counting which left me standing one imaginary square away from the 2-1. Failed.

Good game nevertheless, thanks DarkWeeble for giving my Orcs a bloody workout.

chadsexington
04-05-2012, 12:06 AM
Xenny's Berserkers 1 - Norwegian Fancy Nancies 2

Xenny and I got into our division H game, norse v norse.

The fancy Nancies elected to receive and slowly made their headway downfield, making a quick reversal early. A few lucky knockouts and a crowdsurf enabled them to get a midway TD, though they postponed it by trying to handoff to a non-lineman.

Xenny managed to KO a berserker during the final few turns while I delayed the TD, but all was well - everyone woke up.

Xenny suffered an unfortunate badly hurt lineman just before half turned over.

Second half saw Xenny push hard down the left field with a tight cage. A forward lineman covering the corner of the cage was two squares from the sideline, so it was time to bring in my werewolf to crowdsurf him. I moved the appropriate lineman into position to ensure two-die blocks the whole way and prepared to begin busting open his cage.

Both-down/attacker down followed by a double both-down. Crap.

This enabled Xenny to smash my remaining coverage sitting there - in a rookie mistake I hadn't moved all of my players first before beginning the attack.

Xenny took advantage and advanced his cage to near the TD. I was able to markup the cage quite well, and failed to crowdsurf with my werewolf. Again.

Xenny is poised for a TD, and starts with his werewolf - double bothdown followed by attacker down/both down. I appreciated the irony.

I smash open his cage and smush his ballcarrier to next to the sidelines. Xenny is all over the place at this point and fails a crucial dodge early in his turn.

I knock the ballcarrier out, and the ball is tossed not 3 steps from my own TD line. Xennys players are all over the place in various positions of laying down, so I move a player near the ball and go to scoop - and fail, knocking the ball into the end zone.

Xenny is able to jump up with a berserker and strut passed the TD line to scoop the ball with ease.

Score tied, 3 turns left.

Xenny positions his players, placing both werewolves on one side. I position most of my guys on the other, already picking out a player to crowdsurf.

Through a terrible kick, the ball lands out of bounds and is handed to my berserker on the LoS.

I'm quickly able to smash most of his players on that side and push my cage halfway downfield.

Xenny attempts to recover and makes a few clutch dodges and GFI rolls to mark the bottom portion of my loose cage. He also manages to mark the ballcarrier with his werewolf, not two steps from the endzone. In order to avoid the necessary clutch dodge, I free up my own werewolf who charges xennys, pushing him out of bounds.

I walk in for my second TD on turn 16.

GG Xenny - was tight at times

Dentharial
04-05-2012, 08:13 AM
This thread is a constant font of creativity :)

Your match is still live with 3 days to go to the deadline - play it if you can! :)

Yeah, I'm hoping we'll have another shot at it, but I wanted to get this into the thread asap. Partially just so I didn't miss the opportunity to write a rhyme for Cyanide, and partially because Darkwing didn't post in the match organising group (we hooked up on Steam), and I'd hate to be awarded an admin win when he did try to play the match.

Zoraster
04-05-2012, 01:14 PM
First of the new stars in CE has been revealed... and as we know there are only two it stinks. Of all the weapon stars we hoped would be added Bomber Dribblesnot was a long way down the list... stupid too as Nobbla can play for both Underworld and Chaos Dwarf.

I’m assuming the ‘second’ will be a made up one for the khorne team. So still no Fezglitch of Glart for the Skaven, two badly needed additions that could have slipped in as the Underworld star. Chaos Dwarves probably won’t get anyone as Cyanide have only ever set two per team as a goal and Grashnak and Morg are already available. Gotta hold something back for BB: Star Edition in 2014!

Screwie
04-05-2012, 01:44 PM
How dare you! :O Bomber Dribblesnot is in my Fab Five! Much better than that waste of air Scrappa.

But yes Nobbla would have been more useful. And if they're adding Secret Weapon Star players they should really put in all of them to keep it fair.

Most of all though, I'd like to see Chaos get any Star Player worth less than 300k...

DWZippy
04-05-2012, 02:36 PM
Put myself down as a rebooting undead player - I can't seem to get it to work with the race balance sheet though. I've messed up somewhere, can someone sort it for me?

Screwie
04-05-2012, 03:39 PM
Put myself down as a rebooting undead player - I can't seem to get it to work with the race balance sheet though. I've messed up somewhere, can someone sort it for me?

Don't worry, the Race Balance sheet only tracks entries in the Race column. Between seasons your "Helf" entry under Race will be replaced by "{Und}" and then it will show up properly.

cyberpunkdreams
04-05-2012, 11:34 PM
Great report! I saw the match too (Xenny's my g/f, so "she", not "he"! :p), it was definitely tight with some good and bad luck on both sides. It's worth noting that the Fancy Nancys dished out 5 KOs and a BH versus one KO... that's Nuffle for you. That last kick really was bonkers too... bit of a match changer, although the score was still possible anyway.

Those frenzy-driven crowd surfing jobs are definitely one to watch out for. I'd never really clocked how useful they are. If you get up into Div 8 (looking likely!) I'm definitely not getting remotely close to the sidelines with my gobbos.

Screwie
04-05-2012, 11:59 PM
Okay so I just read this on the official forums and I wasn't aware of it, I don't know if this has happened to anyone else yet or is common knowledge but here's a brief PSA:

If you have a Wizard then during the brand new and irritating phase that has been added to the start of your opponents' turn, the following may occur:
If you cast a Wizard spell and it knocks down its victim but doesn't break their armour, it may still count as that player's movement for their turn and they will not be able to stand until after your following turn.
If you cast a Wizard spell and knock down the ball carrier, and the ball bounces free without being caught by another player, it might cause a Turnover for your opponent!! o.o

(Source (http://forum.bloodbowl-game.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1175).)

Freaking brilliant work, Cyanide. That is something ridiculous.

Rakysh
05-05-2012, 12:07 AM
I love how a bunch of part time amateurs at FUMBBL have had this stuff pretty much stable for years now.

Gorm
05-05-2012, 12:09 AM
Ah i noticed that in single player, but i wasnt sure if it was just a strange bug. The 2nd one that is.

Janek
05-05-2012, 01:10 AM
It's daft - an extra button to "Use Wizard and End Turn" would have been a much less irritating implementation, and since the wizard's being used at the end of your turn rather than the start of your opponent's, it avoids the bugs mentioned above.

Vexing Vision
05-05-2012, 07:18 AM
Okay so I just read this on the official forums and I wasn't aware of it, I don't know if this has happened to anyone else yet or is common knowledge but here's a brief PSA:

If you have a Wizard then during the brand new and irritating phase that has been added to the start of your opponents' turn, the following may occur:
If you cast a Wizard spell and it knocks down its victim but doesn't break their armour, it may still count as that player's movement for their turn and they will not be able to stand until after your following turn.
If you cast a Wizard spell and knock down the ball carrier, and the ball bounces free without being caught by another player, it might cause a Turnover for your opponent!! o.o

(Source (http://forum.bloodbowl-game.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1175).)

Freaking brilliant work, Cyanide. That is something ridiculous.

UGH.

Can we all agree not to abuse that in the Divisions? Not that I am ever going to have a TV bloat that allows anyone else to use a Wizard against me, but that.... that... Oh my.

chadsexington
05-05-2012, 07:23 AM
Great report! I saw the match too (Xenny's my g/f, so "she", not "he"! :p), it was definitely tight with some good and bad luck on both sides. It's worth noting that the Fancy Nancys dished out 5 KOs and a BH versus one KO... that's Nuffle for you. That last kick really was bonkers too... bit of a match changer, although the score was still possible anyway.

Those frenzy-driven crowd surfing jobs are definitely one to watch out for. I'd never really clocked how useful they are. If you get up into Div 8 (looking likely!) I'm definitely not getting remotely close to the sidelines with my gobbos.

I did not clarify Xenny's gender pre-match ;)

And yes, I got a multitude of KOs and a BH first half, which allowed me ease of entry into the endzone. Xenny's TD second half was made available due to some nuffle dice and my short-sightedness/greediness in not moving marking players first / waiting for extra players to fully mark the cage.

It was postponed due to nuffle repaying me with the exact same bothdown roll on Xenny's wolf, and I received a full down-payment with the terrible kick which allowed me to score. I'm not sure I would have been able to do it if it was an inbound kick.

Well, thats nuffle for ya ;)

Zoraster
05-05-2012, 08:11 AM
UGH.

Can we all agree not to abuse that in the Divisions? Not that I am ever going to have a TV bloat that allows anyone else to use a Wizard against me, but that.... that... Oh my.

How exactly do you avoid abusing it? There is no way you can work around that beyond not using the wizard at the end of turns which is crippling the underdog. The turnover issue is exceptionally rare I believe; the one common way was fixed in the rapid patch for the patch.

Dentharial
05-05-2012, 10:16 AM
How exactly do you avoid abusing it? There is no way you can work around that beyond not using the wizard at the end of turns which is crippling the underdog. The turnover issue is exceptionally rare I believe; the one common way was fixed in the rapid patch for the patch.

So it's fixed in the main game?

I ask because whenever I take a wizard, it's 90% of the time for the exact purpose of knocking down the ball carrier when I can't reliably get to them, and I'd hate to buggily steal a turn from my opponent for doing so.

Screwie
05-05-2012, 10:18 AM
Remember that you can still use the Wizard at the start of your own turn without issue (typically when I use them it's always the first thing I try on a turn anyway).

I wasn't aware that it has been fixed or not, I will try and dig up a source on that.

Janek
05-05-2012, 11:32 AM
The only time I would ever actually use the wizard at the end of my turn (as opposed to the beginning) is if I were confident I could knock down the ballcarrier with block/blitzes, but ended up rolling a big pile of pushes, and they remained in scoring range.

Screwie
05-05-2012, 01:19 PM
I can see that. Ideally I like to lead with the Wizard and follow up with a Blitz if I need to. Unless you're in very dire straits I find there's not a lot to be gained from knocking the ball carrier over without anything to follow it up.

El Cubo
05-05-2012, 02:04 PM
I can see that. Ideally I like to lead with the Wizard and follow up with a Blitz if I need to. Unless you're in very dire straits I find there's not a lot to be gained from knocking the ball carrier over without anything to follow it up.

What if you were going to blitz the ball carrier but failed the gfi? :)

I suppose that would go under the dire straits, though.

Skydancer
05-05-2012, 02:43 PM
Me and Deeky had our match, but due to a screwup of gumps in my game (thanks Cyanide for not supplying a close button or a shortcut sheet) I dropped out a couple turns past the second half. If we can get an extension till Tuesday when we will probably rematch (Div E), otherwise you can make Deeky win 1-0. Thanks

2lab
05-05-2012, 07:17 PM
My Wood elves, Tea and Disco Biscuits, played Graevers' Human team, The Codsbottom brawlers last night.

We both came into the game with a merc. on our sides. I had a tree, a wardancer (the other one died last game) and a bunch of line men. graever had a thrower, two catchers and the usual complemet of line men and blitzers.

(Since it was a Friday night the details are a little fuzzy)

I elected to kick-off, after the usual LOS bash KO'd my loner lineman, the thrower scooped the ball and passed it to a lineman, who then handed it off to a catcher near the sideline, the clearing blitz failed though and the humans moved up into a patial cage center pitch near the side.
I mostly moved defenses to the active side of the pitch then sent the wardancer to blitz the catcher who didn't have the ball, Badly Hurt ;) (if the humans are gonna elf about with the ball, may as well bash them right?).

The Codsbottom boys moved the ball into a half cage on the sideline, witch wasn't so smart, as in my next turn set-up, blitzed a blitzer into the ball carrier who left the field, the crowd did their thing taking the second human catcher out of the game (the block also KO'd the blitzer who got blitzed).

Around this point it statrs to get fuzzy, but elfs did their thing and scored in turn 4, maybe this was when my ag5 lineman got injured as well.

The second play of the half saw the humans attacking again, getting close but being taken down again. but this time the crowd throwin left the ball next to a bunch of humans. 1-0 at half time.

I think at the start of the second half we both had 8 players on the pitch, humans kick, elfs do the elf thing. 2-0

The Irish coffee that was getting me through the game means I can't tell you quite what happened after this, other than I got the ball off the Brawlers and scored again but one of my no-skill linemen got killed.

All in all it was quite a fun game, 3-0 to Tea and Discobisuits only one lineman killed. Nuffle was in a strange move, both teams block almost falwlessly, and failed on dodges shockingly often, picking the ball up wasn't too easy either.

Prester John
05-05-2012, 09:32 PM
Beauty and the Beast best the Supernumeries in a close fought game 3-2. Rub of the Green goes with Beast at a few critical points. Most of the hard work was done by Jordell Freshbreeze who scooped the lions share of Beasts SP's :((.

Thanks for the game... forwards Elves....

Nullkigan
05-05-2012, 09:34 PM
Beauty and the Beast best the Supernumeries in a close fought game 3-2. Rub of the Green goes with Beast at a few critical points. Most of the hard work was done by Jordell Freshbreeze who scooped the lions share of Beasts SP's :((.

Thanks for the game... forwards Elves....

He got 14. Meanwhile I flubbed /just enough/ 2+'s (and 1+s in a few cases) for Prester's superior plays to come true.

Squiz
05-05-2012, 09:48 PM
Wow, congratulations Prester. Nullkigan's DElfs gave me a good whoopin. Wouldn't have thought that one of the Div7 teams would stand much of a chance.

President Weasel
05-05-2012, 10:02 PM
Come on, bum faces. Get your games in, deadline's tomorrow.

El Cubo
05-05-2012, 10:19 PM
Beauty and the Beast best the Supernumeries in a close fought game 3-2.

Have you bought any rerolls yet?

mrpier
05-05-2012, 10:19 PM
My game against WhiskeyTangoFox in div 3 doesn't look like it will be played, so that's a prime candidate for an admin'd draw. WTF is away until sunday afternoon, and I'm away from monday to wednesday so no use postponing anything either.

Squiz
05-05-2012, 10:45 PM
Have you bought any rerolls yet?Doesn't look like it, just a "Leader" player on the roster. Calculated risks, I would say.

Prester John
05-05-2012, 10:50 PM
Have you bought any rerolls yet?

Leader ftw... thats it.. although think i might have enough cash for a proper one now...

I gotta say, playing without rerolls does seem to have improved my game, despite my skepticism earlier!

Dog Pants
05-05-2012, 10:52 PM
Anupshi Rises (DogPants, Khe) 1 - 0 The Phantom Menace (Rakysh, Nec)

Anupshi Rises got a rather rude introduction to the advantage of blitzing with Frenzy when the game opens with one of the Phantom Menace werewolves sent a blitz-ra crowd-surfing. So began the trend of the first half, with the Necromantics outmanoeuvring the Khemri throughout. What was also a trend-setting opening move was Anupshi Rises's first block injuring a zombie lineman. Much of the half, then, was lent to blocking and posturing as the Necs probed the defence for an opportunity. This came just over halfway through when an excellent feint by Rakysh drew most of the defenders over to their right field, allowing the Ghoul runner to race down the lightly defended left. The scattered defence was just enough to hold the runner until a loose Tomb Guardian caught up and smashed the ball carrier into the ground. After that very close dash the half ended with both teams converging, unsuccessful in their attempts to recover it and break out. The Phantom Menace were certainly the better team at that point, but with one zombie dead(er), two more players injured and a ghoul KOd the second half would see them starting with a depleted lineup.

Things were taking a similar line with Anupshi Rises on the offensive in the second half. An unwise feint by the ball carrier served only to leave some of his slower teammates behind while the more agile Necromantics crabbed across the pitch to meet him. As the attackers folded in to try to cage up again a flanking party of Wights and Werewolves managed to come round behind and sack the ball carrying Thro-Ra. Panic ensues among the offence as the Thro-Ra was the last man, and there are more opposition players around the ball than friendly. This is exacerbated by some poor blocking, although the Phantom Menace certainly got the lion's share of unfortunate rolls across the game. Enough players managed to get back to stop the ball going either way and the game devolved into a brawl again. So it would have ended were it not for some unlucky ball handling resulting in the ball landing unattended by a prone Blitz-Ra. Against all odds he managed to pick the thing up and race off linewards. A similarly positioned Wight gave chase and the last turns of the game might have ended in a Blitzer Vs Blitzer chase for the line were it not for an encore for Mr Surprise Blitzing Tomb Guardian who clobbered the Wight as he reached the ball carrier, stunning him. With two turns to go and no opposition the cards were on the table. The touchdown was scored and the game ended gracefully and with a bare minimum of violence. Presumably Nuffle will punish both teams for that next game.

Prester John
05-05-2012, 10:58 PM
Wow, congratulations Prester. Nullkigan's DElfs gave me a good whoopin. Wouldn't have thought that one of the Div7 teams would stand much of a chance.

Thanks! Think i got some rolls at critical points and Nullkigan didn't! I look forward to crashing and burning at the hands/fists/boots of your orcs next game :))

Squiz
05-05-2012, 11:48 PM
Haha, we will see about that. Don't think that I've got enough experience to beat a good Woodelf coach though.

Alistair Hutton
06-05-2012, 09:47 AM
Thinking about my situation a bit more I realise my flat move will be well finished by the time the next season starts. As a result I'm withdrawing my withdrawal and have updated the spread sheet appropriately. However the last game of this season will be trickier to get played.

groovychainsaw
06-05-2012, 10:02 AM
As PW said, deadline day is today, let me know if you need an extension, other wise I'll start defaulting games tomorrow to get us on to week 3 ;-)

Screwie
06-05-2012, 11:05 AM
Damn, already? Okay I've been trying to reach Tom, but not managed to get our game sorted yet. Can we have an extension until tomorrow at least, and I'll try and catch him on Steam this extended weekend?

El Cubo
06-05-2012, 11:20 AM
I gotta say, playing without rerolls does seem to have improved my game, despite my skepticism earlier!

When I started a wood elf team on another league, having only 2 rerolls broke my game more often than I anticipated. AG4 doesn't make that much of a difference, when you're playing mostly with skill-less linemen (the positionals got maimed a lot). I suspect you have started to pay close attention to positioning and the amount of rolls you make. Four minute turns are good in that they allow you to learn as you play. Two minute turns teach you not to get stuck on a decision but you can't reflect on your performance during the game. A game with 40 second turns must be utter chaos.

President Weasel
06-05-2012, 11:23 AM
Thinking about my situation a bit more I realise my flat move will be well finished by the time the next season starts. As a result I'm withdrawing my withdrawal and have updated the spread sheet appropriately. However the last game of this season will be trickier to get played.

Even though you are a man-witch with disturbingly effective hexy powers, I am glad you'll be around next season.

Janek
06-05-2012, 12:11 PM
Oh Great and Bountiful admins: Somanyrobots and I are having some scheduling issues due to work and timezones and flights and such. We'll probably need a short extension if that's okay (Monday is looking promising)

Just in case it was missed.

ChainsawHands
06-05-2012, 12:36 PM
4-1 for Elf Harm over The 4 Colour Villains under coach groovychainsaw, in the second part of our Open/DoD double-header. His (surely totally illegal) ST5 blitzer General Zod was sitting this one out (thanks Duffin!), so he had enough inducements for Morg'n'Thorg and a wizard, but Morg didn't manage to build even a small hill of elf corpses and the wizard didn't help much either, so my elfs just elfed their way to victory, helped by a convenient blitz when gc had left his sidelines open.

Thanks to groovychainsaw for the game.

LowKey
06-05-2012, 01:31 PM
Groovy my dear, me and hugh should be playing tomorrow night if we can get the extension?

Kapouille
06-05-2012, 08:51 PM
As PW said, deadline day is today, let me know if you need an extension, other wise I'll start defaulting games tomorrow to get us on to week 3 ;-)

Hi Groovy/admins.

I'm trying to ping Ritashi to get our match going... I hope we'll get to do it :(

potatoedoughnut
06-05-2012, 09:09 PM
I haven't been able to get in contact with Alethron for our champs match.

INinja132
07-05-2012, 12:53 AM
Hopefully will be able to play Kajo today (Monday) at some point if possible.

Alistair Hutton
07-05-2012, 09:03 AM
(Indefatigable Snoozer) The Dwarven Giants 2 - 2 Altdorf Army (Alistair Hutton)

I'm giving away enough TV for the evil dwarfses to hire a wizard, bribe the ref and get a couple of babes.

Turn 1, I elect to kick, evil Dwarfses foul the Ogre off the pitch with a miss next game that the Apothecary kindly offers to turn into a miss next game -1 AV. Bribe keeps evil dwarf on the pitch. I tip my hat to Snoozer for an excellent use of an inducement (this is a lie, I actually say: "Oh, it's on now!"). Standard evil Dwarfses vs Human occurs, the Dwarfs roll down the pitchthe human tweak the corners of the cage but can't get a hit on the evil +1 AG, +1 ST runner. However a couple of lucky hits by the humans but a Troll Slayer in the injury box and another dwarf in the KO box and as the half nears the end the Dwarfs have left the Army two turns to score as they don't ahve enough players to cover the ball carrier and they take the safe touch down.

Sweltering heat meant that Grayland, my heroic Sprinting MV 9 AG 4 Catcher decides to have a snooze and I mess up the blocking pattern to move my run of the mill MV 8 catcher into 1 turn range. However he can still leg it to 1 square from the end zone with only 1 dwarf able to cover back so giving me a gre... GFI fail. 2 Dwarfs cover back and it leaves my valiant cather needing a 4+ dodge, 4+ pickup and 4+ dodge all against a dwarf with tackle and me out of re-rolls (as I'd burned through them like something you want to burn lots of quickly) to tie the game up at the end of the first half.

Turns out we are in one of the 7 Universes where he failed.

So 1 - 0 to the evil Dwarfses at half time.

Both my Catchers take to the field and 3 right thinking Dwarfs think it's too hot. The Giants go for a fairly central deployment and the Army take advantage by offering a split play send a catcher down either flank. The Dwarfs have pretty much their first round of ineffectual blocking and the humans manage to pull off a 1d block against the super-runner to open a lane for not-Grayland to run the ball in for a tying touchdown. One Riot later and the clock has been moved back a turn giving the evil Dwarfses practically a full half to score the winner.

I kick short and up against the touchline, the Dwarfs recover but the Army engages the main force on the line of scrimmage with a full court press whilst detaching a hunter/killer force to pin the ball carrier and body guard to the touch line. A brilliant use of a stand firm dwarf keeps the temporary bastion secure, that and the fact that superevil-dwarf is holding the ball. For two turns it looks like the Dwarfs are in serious trouble as the pocket start to crumble and then "POW" a Altdofrian blitzer goes down and super dwarf head down the touchline - suddenly it is the Army that is all tied up and the Dwarfs are streaking away! Some risky scramble defence, brilliantly aided by Grayland dodging like a mofo around apparently static Dwarfs allows a 1D block to push the ball carrier next to the touchline with attacker now adjacent.

BOOM LIGHTNING BOLT. Player Badly Hurt. BOOM Hob the Moderately Attractive (Altdorf's Kicker) killed by a block, BOOM there goes super-runner down the field.

Reverse Boom, here comes Wrestle-Dauntless Catcher, Boom there goes super-runner onto the ground, Boom there goes Grayland haring down the pitch into the Dwarf's half, boom here goes Hail Mary thrower to pick up the ball with the entire Dwarf team in Altdorf's half.

BOOOOOOOM there goes Altdorf's Hail Mary Thrower failing to pickup the ball with a re-roll. Boom, dwarfs run in the touch down with 2 turns left.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM, there's Grayland running in a 1 turn touch down involving dodging past a Troll Slayer 3 times and going for it 3 times. I fucking love AG4.

And with that the game petered out and my run of barely deserved draws involving Dwarfs continues. Right then, lets move house!

laneford
07-05-2012, 10:20 AM
(Indefatigable Snoozer) The Dwarven Giants 2 - 2 Altdorf Army (Alistair Hutton)

... EPIC DRAW MATCH REPORT...

I thank you kindly for having the good grace to draw there sir. Means a win or draw gets me and my nurglings promoted.

Of course. I now have to outscore wood elves.

Rats.

Alistair Hutton
07-05-2012, 10:34 AM
I thank you kindly for having the good grace to draw there sir. Means a win or draw gets me and my nurglings promoted.

Of course. I now have to outscore wood elves.

Rats.

Yeah I was kind of gutted by the draw but fairly elated given how poorly I'd played, you can't make basic positioning errors vs evil Dwarfses. Also I twice failed to pay attention to the dwarf with Diving Tackle. Given your elf in Beastman's clothing I think you'll be fine as his Wardancers always fall over when leaping.

Skydancer
07-05-2012, 10:56 AM
Me and Deeky had our match, but due to a screwup of gumps in my game (thanks Cyanide for not supplying a close button or a shortcut sheet) I dropped out a couple turns past the second half. If we can get an extension till Tuesday when we will probably rematch (Div E), otherwise you can make Deeky win 1-0. Thanks

Just in case you have missed it Groovy, thanks

LowKey
07-05-2012, 07:09 PM
bloody elves

laneford
07-05-2012, 07:52 PM
I think you'll be fine as his Wardancers always fall over when leaping.

You had to go and jinx it didn't you?

Alistair Hutton
07-05-2012, 08:41 PM
You had to go and jinx it didn't you?

Hex hex hex.

President Weasel
08-05-2012, 12:07 AM
Week three for Division 2 looks quite exciting: me and Grinn in a promotion head to head, and NieA7 and Jarvis in a demotion decider demolition derby.
If I beat Grinn I get promoted; if he wins he gets promoted. If we draw and NieA7 beats Jarvis, I get promoted because I'll have a better result against the next-highest player in the group. If we draw and Jarvis beats NieA7, Grinn gets promoted because then he'll have the better result against the number three player in the group.
(I managed a win against NieA7 but only a draw against Secret Swedish Sleeper Agent Jarvis, and Grinn got a draw against NieA7 but a win against Jarvis the crypto-scandinavian).
If everybody draws in week 3, it comes down to cas and TD difference.

grinn
08-05-2012, 12:17 AM
Week three for Division 2 looks quite exciting: me and Grinn in a promotion head to head, and NieA7 and Jarvis in a demotion decider demolition derby.
If I beat Grinn I get promoted; if he wins he gets promoted. If we draw and NieA7 beats Jarvis, I get promoted because I'll have a better result against the next-highest player in the group. If we draw and Jarvis beats NieA7, Grinn gets promoted because then he'll have the better result against the number three player in the group.
(I managed a win against NieA7 but only a draw against Secret Swedish Sleeper Agent Jarvis, and Grinn got a draw against NieA7 but a win against Jarvis the crypto-scandinavian).
If everybody draws in week 3, it comes down to cas and TD difference.

Go Jarvis! I'll send some of the Rok'Ard Orc-Babes your way!

ntw
08-05-2012, 08:09 AM
Go Jarvis! I'll send some of the Rok'Ard Orc-Babes your way!

As an inducement or a threat?

:)

Skydancer
08-05-2012, 12:14 PM
Okay, set my match in div E a 1-0 victory for Deeky.

Screwie
08-05-2012, 12:37 PM
Sadly still no sign of Tom O'Bedlam on the forums or Steam over the weekend... Nothing since this post (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?54-RPS-Blood-Bowl-League-The-many-many-Divisions-of-Death!&p=123081#post123081) over a week ago actually.

As I can't fit in another match tonight anyway, I regret I must leave the fate of my scheduled Div 4 Week 2 game in the admin overlords' gentle hands.

Kapouille
08-05-2012, 12:40 PM
Still waiting for a lifesign from Ritashi :( He was on steam this week end, according to his profile. I'd really like to play this game, though :S

HughTower
08-05-2012, 02:10 PM
bloody elves

Bloody blitzes, I think you mean. 3 was truly catastrophic for your chances.

LowKey
08-05-2012, 03:46 PM
A significant lack of tackle was also unhelpful, however you certainly deserved the win regardless of my grumbeling!

ChainsawHands
08-05-2012, 03:59 PM
I fucking love AG4.As an elf player, this is ​hilarious.

Tom OBedlam
08-05-2012, 04:38 PM
Gah! Oh my god, I'm useless! :(
Sorry, Screwie, I've been having internet difficulties this week. Bollocks.

Edit: actually, I'll probably have to take a sabbatical season after this season ends. For the next 4-6 I'm not going to be reliable enough, so it's better than risking a catastrophic failure like this week

ntw
08-05-2012, 07:56 PM
Okay, set my match in div E a 1-0 victory for Deeky.

Any admin assigned win automatically ends up counting as a 2-0 win - it is hardcoded into the game, there is nothing we can do about it. Furthermore the winner gets *ALL* the SPPs - 2x3 for TDs and 2x5 for MVPs...

If at all possible we prefer to get games played to minimise this, but we'll look into it as soon as we can.

DWZippy
08-05-2012, 08:05 PM
I'm going to have to miss my last match of this season, sorry to whoever I was supposed to play. An Admin win for the opposition is fine. Job interview and girlfriend calls. See you all next season with my undead team!

President Weasel
08-05-2012, 08:56 PM
Beaten 1-0 by Grin, a deserved result after a blizzard of terrible rolls for both of us, for me in the first half and then even worse ones for him in the second.
I screwed up my drive, got into trouble, double skulled a reroll when I tried to get out of it. Grinn ended up scoring.
Second half, Grinn skulled out on his first turn and I managed to get the ball. Played for the draw in the corner and nearly made it (due to terrible rolls for Grinn) but didn't see that the orc near the side of my maginot line was AG5. The "impossible" dodges he needed turned out to just be a 3+ and 2+, and after those he just needed a push or better to shunt my guy off the pitch. For the remaining 2 and a half turns neither of us could pick up the ball, so it ended 1-0.

I didn't bring my 'A' game to this one; I didn't really get into the game until about turn 4 by which point the game had tilted Grinn's way. Grinn deserves the promotion this season, and I deserve to spend yet another season in division 2.

INinja132
08-05-2012, 10:16 PM
Finally got my game against Kajo played.

Final score Rakish Rodents (INinja132) 1 - 2 Kajers (Kajo)

Close match, lots of KOs on both teams, and a final last ditch effort by Kajo's team to secure a 16th turn touchdown pass to win the game.

Good game.

Screwie
09-05-2012, 07:32 AM
Sadly still no sign of Tom O'Bedlam on the forums or Steam over the weekend... Nothing since this post (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?54-RPS-Blood-Bowl-League-The-many-many-Divisions-of-Death!&p=123081#post123081) over a week ago actually.

As I can't fit in another match tonight anyway, I regret I must leave the fate of my scheduled Div 4 Week 2 game in the admin overlords' gentle hands.

Gah! Oh my god, I'm useless! :(
Sorry, Screwie, I've been having internet difficulties this week. Bollocks.

No worries, it happens to us all sometime.

Dentharial
09-05-2012, 07:39 AM
I'm going to have to miss my last match of this season, sorry to whoever I was supposed to play. An Admin win for the opposition is fine. Job interview and girlfriend calls. See you all next season with my undead team!

Nooooooo!

I was hoping your match would be a draw or you winning, since that would mean I could get away with a draw in my final match and still come out on top.

Now, I have to win my match in order to win the season. If I draw or lose, I believe that means AgP takes the division.

Squiz
09-05-2012, 07:44 AM
Any admin assigned win automatically ends up counting as a 2-0 win - it is hardcoded into the game, there is nothing we can do about it. Furthermore the winner gets *ALL* the SPPs - 2x3 for TDs and 2x5 for MVPs... If at all possible we prefer to get games played to minimise this, but we'll look into it as soon as we can.That's a lot of SPPs. Isn't it possible to set these matches as draws in the game but note them as wins on the sheet? The game and sheet would be out of sync but this is a massive advantage for the "winning" team without any risks involved.

President Weasel
09-05-2012, 09:04 AM
That's a lot of SPPs. Isn't it possible to set these matches as draws in the game but note them as wins on the sheet? The game and sheet would be out of sync but this is a massive advantage for the "winning" team without any risks involved.

Think of it as an incentive to make an effort to get your game played. If neither player bothers their arse, it's a draw. If both players make a reasonable effort, it's a draw. If only one player tries to get their game in, they get lots of SPPs for making the effort.

Screwie
09-05-2012, 09:22 AM
Oh wait, I thought the little dice icon next to the result in admin mode allowed you to set the scores however you liked?

I should probably have a better handle on these things, running a league of my own...

ntw
09-05-2012, 11:54 AM
Oh wait, I thought the little dice icon next to the result in admin mode allowed you to set the scores however you liked?

I should probably have a better handle on these things, running a league of my own...

You can set the scores however you like, but the game then automatically assigns a 16SPP to 0SPP "win". Can't remember who told me that now, but it sucks, doesn't it? Cyanide.

Zoraster
09-05-2012, 01:20 PM
Well it does prevent easy farming by setting stupidly high scores so Cyanide did display sound logic in this case. However as the sad gits instead just abandon hundreds of games against their alt accounts it serves no purpose bar limited league admins.

20phoenix
09-05-2012, 01:39 PM
Nooooooo!

I was hoping your match would be a draw or you winning, since that would mean I could get away with a draw in my final match and still come out on top.

Now, I have to win my match in order to win the season. If I draw or lose, I believe that means AgP takes the division.

I believe I can take greater umbrage from this unfortunate piece of news. I now have no way of winning the division as I required a win and for Agp to drop points. Oh well - i'll just have to settle for finishing second by beating you :D

Gorm
09-05-2012, 01:50 PM
Division F could get interesting. If i beat 2lab then 3 of the teams have all won twice.

DeekyFun
09-05-2012, 04:41 PM
Any admin assigned win automatically ends up counting as a 2-0 win - it is hardcoded into the game, there is nothing we can do about it. Furthermore the winner gets *ALL* the SPPs - 2x3 for TDs and 2x5 for MVPs...

If at all possible we prefer to get games played to minimise this, but we'll look into it as soon as we can.

We tried to play our game, and I was one nil up and defending with a good chunk of time to go in the 2nd half before a disconnect happened on Skydancer's end. We arranged a replay, but our times only really allowed for Tuesday this week, which was only a half-possibility because Skydancer thought he might be busy, which it turned out he was. We thought that it was unlikely that we'd find another slot to play this week and holding up the group for much longer was not really an option in our view.

My original thinking was that if a replay was possible, great, but if not then a win for me, on the basis that I was leading and the disconnect was not at my end. However, I don't actually mind either way, so if it's too unfair (I don't want undeserved SPP), then I'm happy to let it be marked as a draw. I don't want to be any trouble!

Ta
Deeky

ChainsawHands
09-05-2012, 05:13 PM
We tried to play our game, and I was one nil up and defending with a good chunk of time to go in the 2nd half before a disconnect happened on Skydancer's end. We arranged a replay, but our times only really allowed for Tuesday this week, which was only a half-possibility because Skydancer thought he might be busy, which it turned out he was. We thought that it was unlikely that we'd find another slot to play this week and holding up the group for much longer was not really an option in our view.

My original thinking was that if a replay was possible, great, but if not then a win for me, on the basis that I was leading and the disconnect was not at my end. However, I don't actually mind either way, so if it's too unfair (I don't want undeserved SPP), then I'm happy to let it be marked as a draw. I don't want to be any trouble!

Ta
DeekyYou're not being any trouble. Sounds like you've both agreed a win for you would be fair, and while it being a 2-0 double-MVP victory might not be ideal, it's what we've got. We've been running with it for 18 seasons now, so clearly it's not causing us any major problems...

The Brain
09-05-2012, 05:17 PM
Division F could get interesting. If i beat 2lab then 3 of the teams have all won twice.

If i understand the promotions rules it then goes to TD and casualty difference between the three teams. Since I have done pretty well at both of these this season I fancy my chances... Go Gorm!

cyberpunkdreams
09-05-2012, 06:46 PM
2x5 for MVPs...

Isn't that in the official BB rules as the result for an abandoned match? Or maybe I'm misremembering...

Rakysh
09-05-2012, 06:59 PM
Yeah, that is indeed.

mrpier
09-05-2012, 07:54 PM
Div.3 can be rolled on, me and WhiskeyTangoFox didn't manage to schedule a game, so a draw there is probably fairest.

El Cubo
09-05-2012, 09:26 PM
The official rules also state that players with more than 51 spp's will desert the team on a roll of 4+. I wonder if Cyanide implemented that as well? Probably not.

groovychainsaw
09-05-2012, 09:51 PM
A few games were defaulted, I'm afraid (with all the SPPs that entails) but all divisions are now definitely on day 3 :-). Enjoy!

President Weasel
09-05-2012, 10:42 PM
Hmm, how come I keep getting "MVP 0" for my games recently? I thought I was meant to get an MVP per game.

laneford
09-05-2012, 11:09 PM
The official rules also state that players with more than 51 spp's will desert the team on a roll of 4+. I wonder if Cyanide implemented that as well? Probably not.

Eh? In which version of the rulebook is that?

Jiiiiim
09-05-2012, 11:12 PM
It's in LRB6 / CRP. It's implemented on fumbbl.

Heliocentric
09-05-2012, 11:20 PM
It's in LRB6 / CRP. It's implemented on fumbbl.

Page number in the rules?

edit:page 29, it happens hen conceding apparently.

Janek
09-05-2012, 11:22 PM
Page 29.

(Interestingly it says that you can concede without any penalties before a kickoff where you're only able to field two or less players. Never spotted that before)

El Cubo
10-05-2012, 06:03 AM
Hmm, how come I keep getting "MVP 0" for my games recently? I thought I was meant to get an MVP per game.

I noticed that as well. I do get awarded MVP, but since the latest patch they won't show on the match record.

Heliocentric
10-05-2012, 09:24 AM
Page 29.

(Interestingly it says that you can concede without any penalties before a kickoff where you're only able to field two or less players. Never spotted that before)

Mental note: leave 3 players standing until turn 8.

Screwie
10-05-2012, 10:41 AM
I have a purely hypothetical question.... also, iNinja, don't read this. :P

If your 13-strong Dark Elf team was about to face a well-developed Skaven side with 190k in Inducements, would you make do with that amount or fire one SPP-less lineman in order to take Horkon Heartripper (cost 210k)?

I'm very much on the fence on this... I find Heartripper a bit tempremental but against an AV7 team he's on the cusp of being useful (the only thing better is a Stunty team, of course). Advise would be welcome.

Vexing Vision
10-05-2012, 10:47 AM
Horkon gets at least one lovely multi-stab on the LoS when you receive. He's like a wizard, with the chance of performing multiple times.

Squiz
10-05-2012, 10:51 AM
Maybe this is one of those rare cases where taking petty cash is feasable. If your treasury balance is alright, why not pay the 20k?

ChainsawHands
10-05-2012, 10:53 AM
The official rules also state that players with more than 51 spp's will desert the team on a roll of 4+. I wonder if Cyanide implemented that as well? Probably not.Given that they treat a disconnection as a concession, I'm pretty glad they didn't implement that: it'd be rather irritating to lose players because your internet went down.

Screwie
10-05-2012, 11:03 AM
Horkon gets at least one lovely multi-stab on the LoS when you receive. He's like a wizard, with the chance of performing multiple times.

I hadn't even considered Wizard, tbh. I was thinking 2nd Apoth and a Babe with the 190K.

Maybe this is one of those rare cases where taking petty cash is feasable. If your treasury balance is alright, why not pay the 20k?

If I add 20k I also lose 20K in inducements, I think... Petty Cash is mainly for the guy with the higher TV as far as I can tell.

Besides, I'm broke. :) My money has already gone to hiring a replacement blitzer after my last blitzer #4 died.

Heliocentric
10-05-2012, 11:42 AM

If your 13-strong Dark Elf team was about to face a well-developed Skaven side with 190k in Inducements, would you make do with that amount or fire one SPP-less lineman in order to take Horkon Heartripper (cost 210k)?

I'm very much on the fence on this... I find Heartripper a bit tempremental but against an AV7 team he's on the cusp of being useful (the only thing better is a Stunty team, of course). Advise would be welcome.I used him in another league recently.

When I received I lined up assassins (3 including the star player) and line men on the LOS and started the first round with 4 stabs injuring and knocking out 2 players(1 of each). I threw 24 block dice during that game and received 152 block dice at me, we both broke armour 12 times.

President Weasel
10-05-2012, 11:42 AM

The game calculates (and this is the correct way to do it - the actual rules are a bit Cyanide this time) the inducements after both players have added their petty cash.

If you have 1720 and Bob Madeupplayer has 1800, and you add 20K petty cash, the game will calculate the TV difference between 1800 and (1720 + 20) and give you 60K inducements, plus your 20K.

In most instances it makes very little sense for the lower TV player to add petty cash. You might potentially consider adding 50K to get a babe, if there's less than 50K difference between your teams, or adding 100K to get a second apoc if you think your team is going to get ruined by Grinn's brutal, brutal orcs.

Sometimes it makes sense for the higher TV player to throw in 50K to get themselves a babe, but they need to remember that the lower TV player will get inducements to match. If there's a 30K difference and you put in 50K petty cash, you'll be able to spend that petty cash, but the lower TV player will be able to spend 80.

The ideal scenario for adding petty cash is if there is only a small TV difference between your teams, and yours is slightly lower. Say you have 1720 and he has 1740 - if you put in 50K petty cash that makes your adjusted TV 1770 - so you get to spend your money on a babe, and your opponent gets a useless 30K in inducements.

Screwie
10-05-2012, 12:01 PM
I used him in another league recently.

When I received I lined up assassins (3 including the star player) and line men on the LOS and started the first round with 4 stabs injuring and knocking out 2 players(1 of each). I threw 24 block dice during that game and received 152 block dice at me, we both broke armour 12 times.

If I could tolerate how rubbish the other assassins were out of the box, I would totally try this. :)

Heliocentric
10-05-2012, 12:52 PM
If I could tolerate how rubbish the other assassins were out of the box, I would totally try this. :)
A risk free armour rollagainst a blodge ogre with 2 guards stood either side isn't so bad.

President Weasel
10-05-2012, 01:07 PM
It's far from risk free: fail to break armour (and the chances are you will fail to break armour) and the ogre gets to punch your wood-elf-armour-level assassin next turn. The buggers are hard to skill up, so that Ogre will be getting 3 dice against someone without block or dodge to protect themselves.

Screwie
10-05-2012, 01:27 PM
Indeed. The problem with assassins is their baseline stats undermine their two main tactics:

1. Stabbing those stubbornly block-resistant catchers and runners, except their MA is too low to Shadow those players well.
2. Slicing up the LoS, except their AV's not good enough to take a beating.

If assassins started with +1 MA or +1 AV and cost a little more, I would be much happier with them.

El Cubo
10-05-2012, 01:47 PM
Given that they treat a disconnection as a concession, I'm pretty glad they didn't implement that: it'd be rather irritating to lose players because your internet went down.

Heh heh, yeah. Too bad.

potatoedoughnut
10-05-2012, 02:02 PM
If assassins started with +1 MA or +1 AV and cost a little more, I would be much happier with them.

This would be fantastic.

Vexing Vision
10-05-2012, 02:39 PM
Sadness grips my heart as I realize that even a win versus Alethron will probably be for naught to keep me in the Champs. Oh well. I'll stay in there for more than a season one day!

Kajo
10-05-2012, 02:58 PM

I'm very much on the fence on this... I find Heartripper a bit tempremental but against an AV7 team he's on the cusp of being useful (the only thing better is a Stunty team, of course). Advise would be welcome.

You could always choose to concede the match, y'know :p

Screwie
10-05-2012, 04:15 PM
What, and just hand you the division? Nope... I want to win and reach another tiebreaker decision with your team again :P

Heliocentric
10-05-2012, 04:34 PM
This would be fantastic.

Also being able to take 0-8 mummies in undead teams, them cost 70k gold and start with blodge.

Screwie
10-05-2012, 04:42 PM
Yeah, that's totally equivalent. Good eye, sir.

El Cubo
10-05-2012, 07:13 PM
In the rematch against Irrelevant Illnesses, Wayward Gladiators fought like the madmen that they are. For one thing, they simply refused to go down, pushback & both down being the most common result when blocked against with 2 dice. The nordic punches went through armour like it was paper.

The Illnesses started the game. The attack didn't go so well. In the three starting turns, four illnesses had already been sent off from the pitch. Sadly, most of these were only knock-outs. The lineman Insalubrius started his Blood Bowl career well. His first block ever was caused the beast Itsnot Lupus to get hurt badly. The monster healed remarkably quickly, though. The Nurglish cage couldn't really move forward, and as his team mates were being whittled away, Scrofula made a mad dash towards the end-zone. He didn't get very far as the berserkers hunted him down. Darius caught the ball, and ran it over the goal line on turn 7. All the knocked out players recovered, so the Nurgles were back up to 10 players.

The Gladiators' offence was as potent as their defence: The first blitz knocked out a Nurgle Warrior. There commenced a mass fight on the Line of Scrimmage. Again the Norse refused to go down and, as before, Itsnot Lupus was temporarily punched out. As the two teams decked it out, Lucius Vorenus was free to deliver the ball to the end-zone on turn ~12. The Nurgle attempted another attack but caged it too tightly. Tarquinius Priscus was able to push Scrofula into the rotter who held the ball. By rerolling a knockdown into a pushback, the ball carrier was pushed out of the cage into the reach of Romulus who brought the unlucky bugger down. The ball was picked up by nordic linemen, and Lucius Vorenus finished the play. One rotter was killed by Darius on the last round, and that was it.

3-0 for Gladiators.

---

The dice didn't really improve for smaug81. Even the mvp was given to the dead rotter so the team only gained 4 star player points from casualties and 20k cash. Hang in there!

Rhylok
10-05-2012, 07:18 PM
I'd love to Join. I'm Rhylok, on Steam, Blood Bowl, and here. Nice to meet you all :D

Edit: Also, yay for not being totally on the wrong side of the season. only 10ish days to wait ;P

Rakysh
10-05-2012, 08:09 PM
Yeah, that's totally equivalent. Good eye, sir.
Sonofabitch, where's the upvote button gone?

Alistair Hutton
10-05-2012, 09:50 PM
Moved into new flat. Internet connection established.

Hairy moment when the Plug bar I was using blew in a spectacular fireball as I flipped the power switch but everything seems to be working now.

duff
10-05-2012, 09:57 PM
Moved into new flat. Internet connection established.

Hairy moment when the Plug bar I was using blew in a spectacular fireball as I flipped the power switch but everything seems to be working now.

Did it set your afro on fire?

Jolima
10-05-2012, 10:35 PM
My Beyond the Pale vampires just won a 4-1 game against LowKey's Undead. Back to the champs again next season!

The team keep proving their name with the ridiculous amount of stat ups they're rolling. Mr Nil just joined Mr Snow and Mr Pale as AG5 super Vampires. Mr Blank is as strong as a Mummy and the eponymous Lord Pale is the only injured one with -AV which may make him due for another reincarnation soon. There's also #93, the AG4 Thrall. Legends from early in the teams history tell of an even more agile Vampire who was torn apart by a Tomb Guardian and buried at various crossroads near the stadium. There was some other Thrall who died after discovering his elven heritage as well. Beyond the Pale ladies and gents.

LowKey
10-05-2012, 10:53 PM
Yeah it was a right rogering, couldnt manage all the vamps with their bloody hypnotoad eyes, a poor season for me with one jammy win, wouldnt mind gettng demoted in all honesty so go phil!

Heliocentric
11-05-2012, 12:05 AM
My match vs Desvergeh's Orcs had a false start followed by a huge inversion of my usual game play.

Normally I rip apart all but a handful of my opponents players who then run rings around me, in the first half that was me. 1 ghoul died and another BH in the second half and all my speed disappeared, but then my soulless law missile the (guard+mv) ghoul 'Briar Smith Attorney at Law' saw a hole in the LOS and supported by a fireball distraction he walked the ball in after freeing himself from 2 markers with a blitz(not as cheesey as it sounds, one of the markers was a goblin) to put me in the lead.

I held on for dear life until the first half ended, while my players dropped like flies, there was just so much block and guard against me that my unskilled zombies were my only saving grace as even mummies were injured (BH with failed regen).

2 zombies held off a ball carrier who failed a dodge, zombies picked up the ball and tried to walk it up to a hand-off with my last remaining ghoul but with 1 turn from a possible 1 turn (hand-off-catch, 2 GFI) TD the ball again entered Orc hands, this is where my Zombies really showed their worth and simply refused to lie down. The clock ran out of sand while I tried to get a 5SPP zombie to pass the ball (the throw was fine, my receiving Wight screwed it up) and I earned a draw I am totally proud of.

Mental note, don't try 6+ dodges any more, and don't count out zombies.

Post match: The Cruise missile Ghoul won MVP which pushed him to the dizzy height of level 4 He grabbed sidestep so now I have a new winger. And the death of the other ghoul is not an issue as my $480,000 funds mean I can view this as a new opportunity rather than another bloody blodge ghoul biting it.

desvergeh
11-05-2012, 11:25 AM
Was a good match Helio, although a bit frustrating for me at the end there.

1 - 1 by half-time, with 3/4 of your ghouls injured.... I thought I had it in the bag. A leisurely stroll up the pitch, score a few more injuries, and an easy TD. I never saw your ninja-zombie defence coming!

Still a nice heap of SPP - 4 injuries, 1 TD, 2 passes, and MVP on someone useful!

Dentharial
12-05-2012, 05:16 PM
Hmm, it seems I've been awarded the admin win for the 2nd week match, since Darkwing never posted in the match organising thread. That significantly changes the flavour of the final match of Division G.

Now if I win or draw my match, then I take the division outright. If I lose...then it comes down to a 3-way tie between me, AgP, and 20phoenix. I've no idea what the casualties score is for any teams, but just looking at touchdowns: AgP will be +3 including his final match. I'm currently +4 on touchdowns, 20phoenix is also currently +4, but both of those numbers will obviously change assuming 20phoenix beats me.

What does that mean for my strategy? Obviously it means I'm going to stomp rat faces into the ground. If I'm lucky, I'll whittle them down enough to overwhelm them and win. If not, then I'll score enough casualties to cancel out his TD lead in the tiebreaker.

Gorm
12-05-2012, 06:51 PM
Had my game vs 2lab and his wood elf type elves this afternoon, ended up 3-2 to my skaven. I got lucky with a blitz on a kick off and there was a lot on injuries all over.

chadsexington
12-05-2012, 08:24 PM
Norwegian Fancy Nancies vs Death Vengeance of Doom

Division H

I had a brilliant decision late last night to fire a player to gain 50k extra in inducements before todays game so I could purchase some babes. I didn't bother reviewing this decision today, so in the end, I traded a lineman for a lineman with loner. Awesome.

I was really concerned going into this game - lizards are a bashy team and the norse are a bit of a glass cannon. My strat was to utilize my mighty-blow blitzer to put the hurt on some skinks, and if possible, crowdsurf some saurii with my werewolves.

Turns out I needn't have worried. Cyanide had determined the outcome of the match long before I started making moves.

I line up my blitzer to hit first available skink, turn one. Four pushes. Turn two sees him BH'd. Turn three sees my werewolf getting doubleskulls and bothdowns. I can't pick up the ball. I'm getting knocked out and BH'd all over the place. I got a free bribe but was never able to use it because I couldn't knock a skink down.

I gave up around turn 3 or so - I was getting nothing but skulls and wink was hitting most of his blocks without problem. I was quickly fighting 2:1 and running for my life.

Game finished 3-0 for the Death Vengeance of Doom.

On the plus side, I did BH a skink near the end of the game, but thats about it. Glad thats over with.

Cacamas
12-05-2012, 08:33 PM
The Top Brass 2 - 1 The Knuckle Heads

Damn snotlings. One down. Elves being elvish. All square. An opening. Some serious luck. The clincher. Catching own kick. Couldn't score. Tough game. Good game X_kot!

Squiz
12-05-2012, 09:22 PM
Beauty and the Beast (PresterJohn) 3 - 0 Rock, Paper, Sneaky Git (Squirrelfanatic)

Good game for Prester, the Orcs failed to do any serious damage to the Woodelves and failed pretty much at everything else as well. Bad play saw me getting my Frenzy Blitzer getting CSed in the first half. My +1MV Thrower got his ankle smashed which was quickly fixed by the Orc team's apothecary who in the process stepped onto the players head, causing a serious skull fracture. -1AV, yay.

Good play by Prester, bad play by me.

Someone please validate the game.

somanyrobots
12-05-2012, 11:33 PM
(Going to double-post here, because I still haven't match-reported last week's game!)

Finally, Janek and I got our match in! Wasn't sure we were going to, honestly. I kicked off in the first half, using my Kick zombie to boot the ball deep into his backfield. He responded by smashing my necros all over the field, injuring a wight (thankfully regen'd) in the first turn. The bashing continued, with a casualty on a rotter, then two KO'd zombies. Then an injured WW, also regen'd. Then an injured ghoul (no regen!). Then a KO'd wight. The first drive was a splendid example of classic Nurgle play, beating the crap out of the other team before running in a late TD. The ball was never even at risk; I only got a marker on it once, and that was a long-shot. My necros were down to 5 men on the field by the end of the half, and Janek stalled so he could run in a turn 8 TD. Though fortunately for me, all the KOs woke up. I used my one turn to try desperately to injure a Nurgle Warrior or Janek's Beast, but to no avail.

Second half, the kick went straight to my receiving ghoul, and I started the laborious process of punching a hole in the Beasts. I got a KO! Then promptly saw my wight get BH. But after getting punched around the field for a couple turns, my ball carrier broke through, making it to the Nurgle team's backfield. But it was always a slim chance, with blitzing Pestigors available for cleanup duty, and they came through for Janek. The Lycanthropes did succeed in KO'ing the Beast of Nurgle, though, getting rid of his aggravating tentacle-y presence. Two turns of failed pickups kept the ball bouncing around. The game went on in this vein until the end, basically; both teams punching each other around the ball, nobody picking it up, and Janek's team stubbornly refusing to stay on the ground. My injuries lost a little of their blistering pace, but he still got another KO in on a key WW, and soaked up all my rerolls in the fighting.

Beasts of Bembridge 1 - 0 Lucky Lycanthropes

Well played, Janek! The bashiest team I've yet played, and oh dear it showed. My Lycanthropes got a thorough thrashing, even if the scoreline wasn't too lopsided.

somanyrobots
12-05-2012, 11:34 PM
The match opened with a halfling Quick Snap, which they used to surround the necro flesh golems with treemen. The kick went fairly deep and along the side, and the halflings recovered it nicely. But my necros were maneuverable enough to follow after the halflings switched sides of the pitch, taking down the ball carrier, injuring two haflings, and successfully stunning a treeman. A halfling recovered the ball with an obscene amount of dodging (didn't get a count, but it was something like six in a row, in one turn?), but was promptly knocked down again. The necros recovered the ball this time, getting their star ball-carrier ghoul free and clear, well away from any opposition by turn 4. At which point, the remaining halflings stayed on the ground to keep getting too badly smashed, while the necros ganged up on the treemen and hoped for the best. No luck on murdering the treemen, sadly, but the half did end in a turn 8 necro TD, with five injured halflings and one KO'd. 1-0.

The second half started off more evenly; the Master Chef stole a RR, and while the necros had a good start up the side, a two-man halfling blitz pulled the ball free. Continual jockeying and shoving over the ball occurred; at one point the necros picked it back up, and watched it get knocked back down again. But with the halflings at an ever-widening numerical disadvantage, every passing turn helped the Lycanthropes. My boys eventually got the ball out (with our SPP-hogging carrier ghoul), and handed it off to the junior werewolf to run in. He stalled the rest of the half while the team pummeled more halflings, before running one in at turn 8. 2-0.

But wait! The three remaining players (two treemen, one halfling) on the Fruitcakes team had one turn left to play. They lined up to punch the three zombies on the line. And lo and behold! They killed one. (who didn't regen, I think, but he was my only 0-SPP player anyway, so no big loss). But a clear moral victory for the Fruitcakes.

Tuftybushe Fruitcakes 0 - 2 Lucky Lycanthropes

Thanks for the delightful match to Kapouille! He kept remarkably good humor despite the utter evisceration of his team, and was a perfectly pleasant opponent. The Fruitcakes actually made it with remarkably few lasting injuries, just a single Damaged Back; but they had 9, count 'em, 9 injuries by the end of the match. While I lost one deeply beloved yet easily replaceable zombie.

Prester John
13-05-2012, 12:28 AM
Beaty and the Beast (PresterJohn) 3 - 0 Rock, Paper, Sneaky Git (Squirrelfanatic)

Good game for Prester, the Orcs failed to do any serious damage to the Woodelves and failed pretty much at everything else as well. Bad play saw me getting my Frenzy Blitzer getting CSed in the first half. My +1MV Thrower got his ankle smashed which was quickly fixed by the Orc team's apothecary who in the process stepped onto the players head, causing a serious skull fracture. -1AV, yay.

Good play by Prester, bad play by me.

Someone please validate the game.

WElves and Orcs played to type with Orcs not doing enough damage to the fantastic BATB to swing it their way. If i wasn't playing WElves i'd say they are all cocks but i am and they're not.

Briefly, BATB recived and scored in 2 turns. Yes i know this is bad strategy but i don't care. Score score score. RPSG recieved and tried to cage but a goddam wardancer jumped in and knocked the ball loose. Bit of melee and BATB ended up with the ball and scoring. Couple of turns at the end of the half not enough time for the Orcs.
Second half RPSG recieved and moved the ball downfield before one of those spawny WElves knocked it free and won the catchy ball melee to throw it to the waiting catcher and score.

That was it really. Well fought by Squirrelfanatic who caught some sucky dice.

Bring on the next season and humilation/death of my precious WElves...

(Precious)

Dog Pants
13-05-2012, 01:10 AM
Div E: Anupshi Rises (DogPants, Khe) 1 - 1 Barebones Bareboners (Skydancer, Khe)

Division E's two Khemri teams face off for the penultimate game of the season. The cards are already on the table - the Bareboners need a good win to avoid relegation on goal difference, and Anupshi Rises need at least a draw or face a similar tie-break to win the division.

The first half begins with the Barebones Bareboners receiving, and as is to be expected for a game between two fighting teams things become attracted into a mass of brawling players. By mid half it looks like things might turn around when an Anupshi Blitz-Ra and retinue swing around behind and get hands on the ball carrier. The ball gets loose, but the Bareboners recover. The overexertion by the defenders causes a gap to open and the Bareboners' 4ST Thro-Ra hammers through. He isn't fast enough though, and a blitzing Tomb Guardian sends him crowd surfing. The ball is sent back onto the pitch, landing deep in the Barebones half where the flanking BLitz-Ra is lazily circling. With most players bunched up in a barney on the sideline he makes a go of it, and for his audacity Nuffle awards him with an AG2 pickup, four successful GFIs, and a touchdown. The trailing Bareboners, on the other hand, are smacked down for attempting their own defensive GFIs.

The second half starts badly for the Bareboners. The offence weight their line heavily by placing two Tomb Guardians on the left field, and the ball happens to land right behind them. Capitalising on the advantage, Anupshi Rises cage up and hit hard. Things grind back down though, Khemri not being famous for their speed and agility, and in a mirror of the first half the game turns into a knot of violence. Coach Skydancer is heard to comment "I've never seen so many players in such a small area". A particularly successful round of blocks sees the offence barred mainly by prone figures, so in an attempt at something vaguely tactical the Anupshi ball carrier slips across the field with a two skeleton escort. At first the defence struggles to react, desperately backpedaling to get players behind the ball, but the running game is not what Khemri teams excel at. It takes a little while, but the attacking run is swamped by defenders and the ball carrier is brought down well short of the touchline, the ball bouncing out of play. When it returns it lands mere yards from the Barebones touchline, and a scramble ensues. The Barebones win, and the rest of the half is taken up by a dramatic dash almost the entire length of the field as the ref winds up to blow the whistle. The Anupshi players are tied up, and an ambitious block and dodge by the defenders' last skeleton fails miserably. With the ball carrier sprinting full tilt the result is in the hands of Nuffle, four GFIs and one reroll. The hefty Thro-Ra crosses the touchline as the ref draws his breath to blow the whistle, and the game ends a spectacular draw.

Coach Dog Pants enters the tomb office of the pharaowners strutting with confidence. His smile fades, however, when he notices an extra figure. The ball goblin from the final game is sat to one side of the table greedily counting half the team's winnings. Realising the futility of arguing superior tactics over blatant cheating, the coach retreats with his tail between his legs, grateful for the promotion which has yet again saved him from being buried alive with his growing collection of cats.

Squiz
13-05-2012, 09:42 AM
That was it really. Well fought by Squirrelfanatic who caught some sucky dice.Thanks for the write-up, I have to disagree with that last sentence though. Still, I am unsure why the game went as badly as it did. My positioning surely needs some work but that alone wouldn't be enough to explain the sucky result.

Surprisingly, the dice weren't as bad as they could have been, I even managed two dodges with my Blitzers (these dodges shouldn't have been necessary in the first place, but oh well). Your Treeman did very little damage and quickly took root during the second half. Sure, your Wardancers played the Elven blocking game well, blitzing one teammate free and then assisting in getting another one free from the opposition. Furthermore, I consistently tried to give away as few free blocks as possible, marking with my BOBs as often as I could and had to.

Maybe the Orcs had too few skills that allowed them to engage freely in the blocking war? I don't know. In the end, I stopped caring somewhere in the second half and just tried to do a bit of damage to the shemales, which ultimately didn't work out. I mean, three foul attempts on downed Wardancers, two of them with 4+ players. Only one stun. What the hell.

Jiiiiim
13-05-2012, 10:05 AM
Ladies and Gentlement, gutterskink has levelled up. Currently he has +Move, +Agility and Diving Tackle. He rolled a double. I can think of at least thirty skils I'd like to give him, including Pass, Pass Block, Sure Hands, Block, Strip Ball, Wrestle, Guard and Leap. Whaddya reckon.

Prester John
13-05-2012, 10:10 AM
Thanks for the write-up, I have to disagree with that last sentence though. Still, I am unsure why the game went as badly as it did. My positioning surely needs some work but that alone wouldn't be enough to explain the sucky result.

Surprisingly, the dice weren't as bad as they could have been, I even managed two dodges with my Blitzers (these dodges shouldn't have been necessary in the first place, but oh well). Your Treeman did very little damage and quickly took root during the second half. Sure, your Wardancers played the Elven blocking game well, blitzing one teammate free and then assisting in getting another one free from the opposition. Furthermore, I consistently tried to give away as few free blocks as possible, marking with my BOBs as often as I could and had to.

Maybe the Orcs had too few skills that allowed them to engage freely in the blocking war? I don't know. In the end, I stopped caring somewhere in the second half and just tried to do a bit of damage to the shemales, which ultimately didn't work out. I mean, three foul attempts on downed Wardancers, two of them with 4+ players. Only one stun. What the hell.

Orcs have an AV advantage which should translate to more injuries to the WElves. That i think is in theory enough for you to win the Blocking war. Damage seemed prety even though which left me on the board with the more tangible advantages of speed and agility (skills seeming pretty even).

Janek
13-05-2012, 10:11 AM
Wrestle or Strip Ball. Probably wrestle for the boost to survival.