PDA

View Full Version : RPS Blood Bowl League - The many, many Divisions of Death!

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

Rakysh
19-06-2011, 06:02 PM
I've decided I'd rather play halflings in the upcoming season; I've changed the spreadsheet to reflect this.

President Weasel
19-06-2011, 06:07 PM
Division D's other match also just completed, so the day can roll on!

Final score, 2-0 to the Giants.

I don't see how that can be true, since it's clearly not reflected by the spreadsheet, and I can't imagine anyone playing their game and not updating the sheet, not after what ntw said about chemical castration.

Indefatigible Snoozer
19-06-2011, 07:40 PM
I don't see how that can be true, since it's clearly not reflected by the spreadsheet, and I can't imagine anyone playing their game and not updating the sheet, not after what ntw said about chemical castration.

There must have been some sort of internety time lag thingy...

Still, chemical castration beats actual castration!

(Sheet has been updated now)

NieA7
19-06-2011, 09:40 PM
Welcome back to Tooth and Claw, the discerning Necromancer's almanac of choice. This week we bring news of the exciting Necromantic on Necromantic dual that recently took place, along with the results of our latest scientific study examining one of the more pressing issues in modern necromancy: what happens if you replace normal hands with the patented "bag 'o nails" environmental manipulation system?

The game started with Tooth and Claw kicking to You Only Die Once. Potchi continued his pro-kicking spree by neatly dropping the ball in front of Once's single flesh golem. This golem must have been made of spare elf parts as it proceeded to simply stoll over to the ball and pick it up despite the nearby zombie doing its best to distract it. Clearly elf golemancy is a promising field worthy of future investigation.

Unfortunately the rest of the half proved less enlightening, the game swiftly devolving into a brawl on the edge of the pitch just in to Claw's half. Just as Claw couldn't get the ball off the golem, so Once couldn't get the golem down field. The bags 'o nails had some effect, with 4 of Claw's players unconscious by the time the whistle was blown (no mean trick considering most the undead aren't exactly conscious to begin with). Once again Claw's golem's proved too dim to notice they were being hit, stubbornly remaining on the pitch despite multiple blocks and fouls. It only goes to show that in a truly classy minion brains aren't optional, they're a positive nuisance.

The second half got off to a more interesting start as both sides agreed to recreate the zombie-gestalt debating society from the previous match, only now with virtually all the team.
http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i392/NieAUnder7/A2pic1.jpg
Sadly, despite one wight's impassioned oratory, the results this time were more predictable.
http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i392/NieAUnder7/A2pic2.jpg

From here on in the bags 'o nails really started to take effect, with more and more of Once's players relieved of whatever senses remain to them. By the time one of Claw's wight's finally stumbled over the touchline the Once dugout was a rather melancholy sight.
http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i392/NieAUnder7/A2pic3.jpg

1-0 to Claw at the close then, with the bags 'o nails a resounding success. With the other game in the division ending as a draw it's now all to play for, with the winner of Claw's next game - always assuming there is one of course - guaranteed to top the table. For Claw there is but one small problem with this (or, more specifically, 11 large, green problems), as we shall shortly discuss.

Screwie
20-06-2011, 09:36 AM
Bring on the Orcs, and cheers to Screwie for a fun match where the dice just didn't work out for him at all.

Dice aside, it was always going to be tough dealing with all your blodgers without either block or tackle, or even ST3. My main hope revolved around bogging you down (on your drives) trying to stop you from ever getting your hands on the ball in the first place (on mine). Of course that never works...

I'd hoped to make more use of my chainsaw as my most reliable tackler, but the play on the pitch got away from him and he was never in the right place.

My biggest mistake was rerolling a 1 dice Both Down result on your ball carrier. That was foolish, but I wasn't ready to end my turn yet. Another day, I would have bitten the bullet and hoped the ball would scatter my way. As it was the reroll brought up a skull (as Both Down rerolls tend to do, 9 times out of 10) and your scored shortly after that turnover.

Cheers for the game and the write-up, VV.

alh_p
20-06-2011, 11:38 AM
Brief write up of Laneford’s Rejected RPG stats (Nurgle) Vs my World Beaters of Khorne (Chaos), from the weekend and as yet un-reported on these hallowed pages. (Although we did update the spreadsheet, so please put the bricks away).
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
1<SUP>st</SUP> half, I received and was able to squeeze a beastman around the side of the brawl taking place between Khorne a Nurgle warriors across the LoS. The ardour and bloodlust of my players was severely questioned as much of the punching proved inconclusive, mostly because of the sheer revulsion caused by Nurgle’s afflictions. I failed most of the revolting appearance rolls (that’s a lot of 1s). The breakaway was almost halted by a blitzing pestigor but he either tripped on his own offal (failing a GFI) or laneford rolled a skull. Either way, my beasty was soon through and out of range of further defensive blitzes.
<o:p> </o:p>
With 2 turns to go in the 1<SUP>st</SUP> half and Nurgle’s pace famed for being sedate, I was quietly confident of ending the half 1-0 up. Oh how wrong I was… Thinking that Laneford would seek rather to punch my players up on the LoS, I deployed accordingly high and centrally. Instead, Laneford made a most un-nurgle-like (but still revolting) play. Picking the ball up in the middle of his half, a combination of successful throws and a hand-off brought the level 4 pestigor carrier (two heads, two arms, big hand) into a half cage against the line on the left side of my half and, crucially, in range of a 1GFI TD next turn. I scrambled a defence, by beasts dodging away from their markers and 1 of them blitzing in next to the carrier. This proved to be to no avail as laneford blitzed my marker down and ran the TD in to end the 1<SUP>st</SUP> half 1-1.
The second half began with a blitz event, where I chose to fire my minotaur towards the ball on the left of the pitch. Laneford did the sensible thing and moved the ball towards my right, away from my mino and the accompanying players breaking through on the left. Slow progress was made here as the ball was in the hands of a nurgle warrior, only reaching the LoS before the ball was knocked loose amid a confusion of both teams’ players. I began to enjoy much more favourable block dice and was able to knock enough nurgle-ites away from it for a beastman to pick up and begin to make a break down the right. Laneford caught him on the sideline within scoring range, surfing him off-field for a KO, the ball being thrown back on into the middle of the pitch. Again I was able to clear a path for a beastman to pick it up and make a break, this time to the left, with laneford’s players either down or marked. Things looked set this time, my beastman was near the minotaur and there were no free nurgle players to blitz this time. BUT, I had not reckoned on Lanefor’d star ball carrier, who dodged away from his marker, around an CW and blitzed my ball carrier down. Whether in this turn or the next, a rotter then recovered the ball and made a most improbable 5+ or 6+ pass down the pitch to another rotter, who also quite uncharacteristically managed to catch the ball and run in a TD on the last turn, ending the game 2-1 to Laneford.
So my high agility chaos team was out-elfed by Nurgle‘s half decomposed ambulant corpses. Not a particularly edifying spectacle for me, or perhaps one that would be likely to occur again for laneford, Nuffle notwithstanding. All in all, Laneford was right at the very beginning (and I’ve resisted repeating it till now) that it would be a very Chaotic match. Har har.

President Weasel
20-06-2011, 12:04 PM
Surely it would be "two heads, three arms, big hand"? Two arms is the standard number.

alh_p
20-06-2011, 12:59 PM
Surely it would be "two heads, three arms, big hand"? Two arms is the standard number.

Standard? I wouldn't take any number of arms for granted in a team so mutated. But yes it should have been three arms...

ntw
20-06-2011, 01:15 PM
/looks disappointed and puts the bricks away :(

drawlien
20-06-2011, 06:12 PM
Unfortunately Curvespace and I have been unable to find a mutually agreeable time to play our game before the deadline so we have both agreed to a 1 - 1 draw. As commissioner I will perform the necessary admin... And before you get your bricks back out ntw I have filled in the score. :-P

Edit: Amazingly the TD was awarded to my Tomb Guardian who has previously gathered precisely NO other SPPs despite having played in ALL of the matches since the league changed to LE!

ntw
20-06-2011, 07:18 PM
Unfortunately Curvespace and I have been unable to find a mutually agreeable time to play our game before the deadline so we have both agreed to a 1 - 1 draw. As commissioner I will perform the necessary admin... And before you get your bricks back out ntw I have filled in the score. :-P

Edit: Amazingly the TD was awarded to my Tomb Guardian who has previously gathered precisely NO other SPPs despite having played in ALL of the matches since the league changed to LE!

Bricks are coming back out - it should've been set to a 0-0 draw...

Sgt.Ragekage
20-06-2011, 07:52 PM
Ey up, im interseted in joining this league. I usually play orcs but looking at the race balance sheet id be quite happy to start an new human team for this.

Ive added my details to the spreadsheet. Ta.

President Weasel
20-06-2011, 07:56 PM
hello and welcome! new season in a week and a bit!

drawlien
20-06-2011, 09:17 PM
Bricks are coming back out - it should've been set to a 0-0 draw...

That's the trouble with delegating power... Sorry, should have read the rules. :(

If it helps my case at all my TG will blatantly never level up even with those 3spps so it won't make any difference.

Rakysh
20-06-2011, 09:18 PM
Are the league assignments for new recruits random? Because if not, I'd like to request a nice low level league where I can get used to playing flings and maybe not get turned into Halfling jam by a Chaos team where everyone has mighty blow.

President Weasel
20-06-2011, 09:25 PM
new joiners go in at the foot of the league, except in rare cases where Groovy has everything set up and most of the leagues started and then someone doesn't apply and he needs to stick in a replacement from the backups list at the last minute. Failing that though, you'll go into the lowest league when you join - but you'll still most likely meet a bunch of people who will gleefully slaughter your halflings for fun and SPP.

Speaking of gleefully slaughtering halflings for fun and SPP, I'd recommend making a halfling team and joining the challenge league for a bit of practice with the little guys.

Rakysh
20-06-2011, 09:33 PM
Eh, I've got a team in fumbbl with which I've been getting used to them. My strategy can best be described as "throwing a gorram halfling" in most, if not all situations. Need to score? Need to break a cage? Need to catch a bloke making a break for the endzone? Throw a gorram halfling.

Rakysh
20-06-2011, 09:34 PM
The second best thing with halflings (after from the throwing, obviously) is that if you do win you can claim to be nuffle incarnate and no-one can dispute.

SoulPride
20-06-2011, 10:03 PM
Jolima's vampires ran circles around my team, scoring four touchdowns in the match, while at the same time denying my team the ball for pretty much the whole game (though both ghouls deciding to be utterly incompetent at everything did not help matters).

4-0 in the end, the Tombstone Blues' heaviest defeat yet! To rub salt in the wound, I walked away with 10,000 gold and -1 fan factor. Still, I picked up quite a few SPPs from injures, so that's something.

I may change teams for the next season; the Undead have let me down about as much as not (stupid decisions on my part or not). Still, they may well be able to redeem themselves in the final match!

Zoraster
20-06-2011, 10:06 PM
Eh, I've got a team in fumbbl with which I've been getting used to them. My strategy can best be described as "throwing a gorram halfling" in most, if not all situations. Need to score? Need to break a cage? Need to catch a bloke making a break for the endzone? Throw a gorram halfling.

You really don’t want to throw them at cages. They are not disposable Snotlings. They are good players in their own right. Obviously you don’t want a cage to form in the first place, but if it does focus on your 2-1 grind; slow it down with screens and when the time is right and you have a side with no Guard or Tackle remember Stunty is a poor mans AG4. Dodging into a cage isn’t that hard and a half die suicide blitz isn’t a bad play if you have a reroll to burn.

Throwing at cages is just about the worst thing you can do imo. You need your ‘flings to control the clock on your possession and you need your ‘flings for the turn 8/16 one turner attempt to complete the 2-1 grind. If you waste them you won’t have a sacrificial lamb available to tie up that Blackle Blitzer threatening your ball carrier etc. It can be golden the one time it works, but you’ll lose a hell of a lot more games than you would with a more conservative approach to cages.

Rakysh
20-06-2011, 10:13 PM
I'm afraid you've over estimated both my seriousness in endorsing the "throw a gorram halfling" strategy and my competitiveness. Thanks for the advice though.

DarkFenix
20-06-2011, 10:40 PM
Ey up, im interseted in joining this league. I usually play orcs but looking at the race balance sheet id be quite happy to start an new human team for this.

Ive added my details to the spreadsheet. Ta.
The square brackets are for inactive teams. Sadly it seems humans are thus full as well.

However I'm busily pushing for the race limit to be increased to 5, so hope is there yet, you may get your Orcs, I may get my Chaos.

Also, validated Karandraz and Kelron's game.

Kelron
20-06-2011, 10:52 PM
Deadly Lampshades (Kelron, DElf) 4 - 0 Aggressive Negotiation (Karandraz, Liz)

I've not had much luck against lizards in the past, as their overwhelming strength causes problems for the running cage tactic I favour with the dark elves. This match I let my AG5 thrower off the leash and his long passing proved unstoppable despite the pouring rain in the first half and blinding sun in the second. Unfortunately for Karandraz, Nuffle gave me a pitch invasion and a blitz, as well as some poorly timed turnovers that always had elves ready to exploit the openings.

Rylon
20-06-2011, 11:16 PM
Mombius and I just finished up a 1-1 tie. Not sure if much of a write up is needed: we beat up on each other for 16 turns and somehow managed to each find the endzone, with the only casualty being a merc rotter on my squad.

ntw
20-06-2011, 11:27 PM
Few results validated, days rolled on wherever everyone was up-to-date. This is starting "Week3" a little early but it should give everyone plenty of time to ensure the season ends on time (for once!).

Welcome Sgt.RageCage, it looks like the chaps have been looking after you.

@ Drawlien - I'll try and convince Groovy not to make an example of you ;)

mombiushibachi
21-06-2011, 01:36 AM
I think Rylon downplays his strengths a little, I was luck to finish with a 1-1 tie! I suffered 4 casualties to 1 casualty and 1 death for Rylon... i was lucky to get away with a 1-1 draw considering the second half was 11 vs 7 for the most part! gg though :D

Alistair Hutton
22-06-2011, 10:31 AM
Few results validated, days rolled on wherever everyone was up-to-date. This is starting "Week3" a little early but it should give everyone plenty of time to ensure the season ends on time (for once!).

Yes, everyone play, play now so I can get back in. A month without blood bowl is like a month without a really fun game to play. Sod it, just close the season off, give everyone 0 0 draws.

Vexing Vision
22-06-2011, 11:06 AM
Yes, everyone play, play now so I can get back in. A month without blood bowl is like a month without a really fun game to play. Sod it, just close the season off, give everyone 0 0 draws.

As I believe this would place me on top of my league, I heartily approve of the suggested method.

ChainsawHands
22-06-2011, 01:22 PM
HughTower was 2-1 up on turn 12 or 13 of our match, which would have finished 3-1 or maybe 3-2 to him, when we got a "network synchronisation" error. Eventually I tried saying "abandon match" but it... failed to abandon the match, so I alt+f4ed out. Looking at the result, it's given me a 4-2 victory, which is amusing.

I'm not sure what to do about this - reset the match? Change the score?
Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to play the rematch against HughTower. He was 2-1 up when we crashed and would have made it 3-1 soon after, can we just set the score to 3-1?

DarkFenix
22-06-2011, 01:34 PM
Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to play the rematch against HughTower. He was 2-1 up when we crashed and would have made it 3-1 soon after, can we just set the score to 3-1?
Sounds fair enough, given how late in the game that score was present. Of course, it's ntw's call.

ntw
22-06-2011, 03:02 PM
3-1 it is, can one of the admins please set it if they are around, otherwise I'll try and do it later tonight.

Hmm, I could get used to this feeling of power...Although if "power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely" then what does this power over the RPS BBLE DoD mean, especially given the chaos based background.

alh_p
22-06-2011, 03:25 PM
Have you gained foul appearance yet? Or claw?

DarkFenix
22-06-2011, 04:13 PM
Set and validated HughTower vs ChainsawHands to 3-1 to HughTower. Heh, which almost feels like cheating, since I just fixed a game and gave myself the championship win in the same action :P. Well I am playing skaven I guess.

Also validated a division 4 fixture which seems not to have appeared on the spreadsheet or forum. Bricks at the ready.

Also took the opportunity to tidy the spreadsheet a bit. Mostly with regard to next season stuff. There were several 'R's that I'm fairly certain were out of date so I got rid of all of them. Anyone actually intending to swap race for next season might want to have a check.

President Weasel
22-06-2011, 08:43 PM
Bugger, bugger, bugger. Midway through the second half of my match with Nullkigan I critical oned a 3+ pass that would have put me safe in a scoring position for a 2-1 lead. I critical one'd the reroll too. Most of my elves were in position to cover the pass recipient, not the ball. I never recovered, Nullks took the lead, and I couldn't equalise.

Some other stuff happened too, but that's pretty much the match right there.

That leaves me and Nullks on 4 points. Whoever wins in Pier vs Zoraster gets promoted, whoever loses goes down. If they draw, it's touchdown vs casualty coefficient time between me, Pier and Nullks.

mootpoint
22-06-2011, 09:23 PM
Midsummer Munchers vs Broloaf Brigade 2 - 1

They WON! The little buggers actually did it! Too tired for a match report, but despite rotten luck while blocking the munchers managed to capitalize on the only mistake the Brigade made to score the first touchdown. The second came on turn 16 after Nuffle graciously granted a 6+ handover followed by a slung halfling and two square GFI. YAY!

DarkFenix
22-06-2011, 10:19 PM
Validated both, moved on day where necessary.

ntw
22-06-2011, 11:34 PM
Thanks Fenix, looks like you got everything sorted before I got a chance to.

ChIpStIcK
22-06-2011, 11:35 PM
2-1 for me vs maddave. GG, though I'd be scrapping this team if it was Auld league....how I miss it now... managed to kill 90% of my SPP.

ntw
22-06-2011, 11:46 PM
2-1 for me vs maddave. GG, though I'd be scrapping this team if it was Auld league....how I miss it now... managed to kill 90% of my SPP.

Validated and DivG rolled on.

Zoraster
23-06-2011, 08:30 AM
Bugger, bugger, bugger. Midway through the second half of my match with Nullkigan I critical oned a 3+ pass that would have put me safe in a scoring position for a 2-1 lead. I critical one'd the reroll too. Most of my elves were in position to cover the pass recipient, not the ball. I never recovered, Nullks took the league, and I couldn't equalise.

Some other stuff happened too, but that's pretty much the match right there.

That leaves me and Nullks on 4 points. Whoever wins in Pier vs Zoraster gets promoted, whoever loses goes down. If they draw, it's touchdown vs casualty coefficient time between me, Pier and Nullks.

That leaves me with the chance to complete the interesting double of being the only unbeaten team in the division and getting relegated :)

So another game decided by a big snake eyes at a bad moment... Iím going to need another of those to screw mrpierís AG4 stocky nightmares if Iím to avoid the drop. I fancied I could get a draw but winning is a big ask. So either promotion or relegation, with no other outcome possible for my team, and almost the same is true for mrpier. The very epitome of an all or nothing match :) These short format seasons are never dull!

MadDave123
23-06-2011, 10:07 AM
2-1 for me vs maddave. GG, though I'd be scrapping this team if it was Auld league....how I miss it now... managed to kill 90% of my SPP.Yeah it was a pretty brutal game. Fortunately I get Nurgle's Rot and replaced my 1 dead rotter with 2 new ones.

Also I was impressed that my one touchdown was a result of a rotter leaving a cage, throwing the ball over a H.Elf to my pestigor, who then caught it and scored, without ANY re-rolls. That's probably the only time that'll happen, ever. Balance was brought by rolling 2 Both Downs on a block at the beginning of my turn... TWICE!

ChIpStIcK played well though. Got the ball, ran with the ball, scored with the ball. Also used a few clever multiple push/blocks to get my guys into the crowd. Well played sir, a deserved win.

Alethron
23-06-2011, 06:47 PM
2-2 between myself and Duffin in Division A, match report to follow at some point.

Combat
23-06-2011, 07:18 PM
Just played vs iNinja

2-1 to the Jesters after a painful game for the skaven team

By half time Ninja was down to about 7 players and it didnt pick up much until the last turn where 4 guys did an in sync wake up

unitled
23-06-2011, 11:00 PM
Just finished playing Indefatigable Snoozer's Dwarves... and by 'playing' I mean 'being utterly crushed by'. 2-0 to the Stunties. The only pleasure I got was denying him the only death of the game; my wardancer jumping to her death over the heads of Dwarf defenders.

I'll be honest, it's a hollow victory.

KayD
24-06-2011, 12:15 AM
Div F Screwie Gobbos vs KayD Rats

Screwie and I had a nice friendly game where I'm happy to say noone died. Got on quite well with the dice first half letting me sneak(I'm a rat after all) 3 in and sending off all his nasty secret weapons. 2nd half was one large mess which slowly edged its way to my touchline where Screwie got some consolation with a TD in the corner!

3-1 to the Rats. Dice were pretty nice to me, not so much with the blocks :) Thanks for the game Screwie!

Screwie
24-06-2011, 12:52 AM
That was a very frustrating first half for me. If the dice had fallen differently, I might've had a chance before the score card got away from me.

Worst of all the MVP was granted to the grot I'm just about to fire for injury and incompetence. :P

Thanks for the game KayD. I hope you don't get promoted, so I get another chance to hurt your runners! ;)

Vexing Vision
24-06-2011, 08:28 AM
Uff... this will get a tough promotion for my girls to steal. Even if I beat Schaulustiger's Orcs (which is feasible, given that none of the greenskins is tackling as of yet), I'll have to do that with 2 or 3 Touchdowns more than him and no casualties.... yeah. Well.

Curses, and all because I gave away a 3-2 vs the rats due to some silly, overconfident move!

Schaulustiger and me arranged a match on Monday evening, 21:00 CE(s)T. I hope it'll be exciting, I fear that it'll be bloody. Red blood, not green.

Daave
24-06-2011, 01:00 PM
After crashing out of the cup due to dodgy dice, I had an awful match against DarkWeeble's Orcs. Receiving at the kick-off, I tried to level up a lineelf on 5 SPP with a quick pass, only to waste two rerolls on pick-up/pass rolls then fail a 2+ catch twice. The ball bounced around and generally away from my team, and the inevitable brawl went badly for me, resulting in my numbers slowly dwindling due to KOs and injuries. Then DW rolled in to score comfortably on the last turn of the half.

The second half went about as well, failing to land a tackle on the ball-carrier with my str 4 blitzer due to some risky (but necessary) dodges, and not having the numbers to exert pressure. When I finally got a tackle, he made his dump-off to walk in an easy 2-0 win. I had an outside chance to make a consolation TD, but in trying to position players to make a few blocks before going for it, a lineelf failed a 3+ dodge with a reroll and died on the last turn of the match. He's a linecorpse now, to go with a MNG.

I got 7 knockdowns in total and 0 armour breaks, and only 5 out of 34 block dice were DD/DS. DarkWeeble didn't need to try too hard to beat me, just mop up the blood and wait for me to cause a turnover. DarkWeeble is the only player to beat me in the divs, and has done so twice. At the end of the season, of the 8 matches I've played with this team, 5 will have been against DarkWeeble or Karandraz!

If I beat Karandraz I'll stay up, but it'll be a while before I have a substitute in my team :(

DarkFenix
24-06-2011, 01:05 PM
Heh, maybe Karandraz will go easy on you then (hah, yeah right), he knows the pain of player loss all too well. Also, I'll probably never get sick of rubbing in that my RO killed his krox :P

All games validated, days moved on.

Today's sinners include INinja and Combat, who both shall promptly have an acid-brick visitation courtesy of their lack of spreadsheet score entry!

Indefatigible Snoozer
24-06-2011, 01:21 PM
Just finished playing Indefatigable Snoozer's Dwarves... and by 'playing' I mean 'being utterly crushed by'. 2-0 to the Stunties. The only pleasure I got was denying him the only death of the game; my wardancer jumping to her death over the heads of Dwarf defenders.

I'll be honest, it's a hollow victory.

Match Report

The eternal question was answered on the pitch, if only for 16 short turns.

The Question? Dorf ball or Elfball.
The Answer? Dorf ball.

As Unitled later admitted in our post game debrief, he let his Woodies be drawn into playing dorf ball, and, well, Wood Elves can't play Dorf ball.

I lost the toss, and Unitled elected to receive - no doubt looking for the typical 2nd turn Elf TD. I had picked up an extra man with my winnings from the last game, so was 12 strong, and elected to keep Tiny the Death Roller off the pitch for the first drive, expecting the 2 turn TD. The plan was either (if no casualties sustained) bring him on for the full 8 turn drive in the 2nd half, or at least have him on for 6 turns after the first elf TD. But as the old saying goes - sometimes plans go far better than expected.

I managed to hold him off for 3 turns. After some jostling and blocking, a wardancer made a breakthrough with the ball. Just in range of my +MV runner, but the blitz came up push. Wardancer was against the sidelines, pinned by a blitzer and a runner. This turned out to be pivotal point of the match, as the Wardance leapt free.....onto his face. My runner picked up the ball, and the next 4 turns I slowly advanced down the pitch, leaving Elf bodies in my wake. On turn 8, I believe there were only 4 or 5 elfs left, the rest having been KO'd, with one BH.

I suffered a casualty of my own during the first half, so Tiny the Death Roller came trundling out to give me a full compliment. Most of the elves recovered, leaving Unitled with 9 against my full 11. Kick was out of bounds, giving a hand-off to my blitzer. To add insult to injury, the kick-off event was a bribe, almost ensuring that Tiny would be around for the whole second half! I caged up and again, many elves were stomped, as I advanced at dorf pace down the pitch. I decided to score on turn 12 as Unitled had most unsportingly decided not to leave any elves standing for me to punch (and there were still 6 on the pitch)! The bribe was successful, and Tiny stuck around. A rerolled break tackle and a GFI blitz on turn 14 on his ballcarrier allowed Tiny to eliminate any possibility for Unitled to score a commiseration TD. As he mentioned, he did manage to deny me the glory of hitting a Wardancer to death - he leapt straight to the big forest in the sky.

A good game. Go dorf ball!

President Weasel
24-06-2011, 01:53 PM
I hate dorfs. And I have a nasty feeling, with the effects of people re-rolling their teams next season, that I'm going to get stuck with a dorf team in my division again.
The best thing about dorfs is they make people hate you less when your orc team kills their elves. And the second best is they give us a reason to like chaos, especially minotaurs called "tin opener".

Cacamas
24-06-2011, 03:12 PM
Final match of Division 7 just completed there: 2-0 to my Chompers. Nuffle didn't give Gorm much of a chance - I got plenty of knock downs against his blockless Vampires (one of my blockers even managed to pick up the ball, with no re-roll!) whereas he could barely get one Vampire to do as they were told, never mind actually score a TD. Which leaves me top of the pile due to mootpoint's shock win, woot!

Gorm
24-06-2011, 03:18 PM
Just finished playing Deesno/Cacamas' (sp?) Dwarfs. He beat me 2-0. I cant update the spreadsheet easily since for some reason its blocked in China..... I assume because you are all political dissidents and if that excuse doesnt work then you'll have to catch me before you can get me.

The dice were heavily in the Dwarfs favour in my opinion, but I'm sure everyone who loses thinks that. Cant say i had any amazing tactics though.

Found out that vamps cant leap if they fail the blood lust roll, pretty sure thats not in the rules and seems like a bug to me. Either way pretty annoying, wouldnt have picked it if i knew that it wouldnt work without even getting to roll for it .

JayTee
24-06-2011, 03:19 PM
I can only assume I'm not going to get to play my match with Machinations, I've never seen him online on Steam at the same time as me unless by some miracle he's around tonight.

Bah, I was looking forward to seeing how badly I'd do with him having such a Block & Guard advantage.

DarkFenix
24-06-2011, 04:22 PM
Have you two actually spoken and had a go at arranging a game? If you simply couldn't catch one another, it'll be a 0-0 draw default. If he's simply disappeared off the face of the Earth it's 2-0 to you. It looks like the latter to me, given that he's made no apparent effort to find a mutually agreeable time in the match arranging thread, while you've made repeated posts trying to get hold of him. If he's not even surfaced by tomorrow it'll probably be defaulted to keep the league on track.

Also, latest game validated.

JayTee
24-06-2011, 11:21 PM
Yeah bumped into him last week on Steam, and according to Steam he's been online, just never when I am. The joys of timezones :)

potatoedoughnut
25-06-2011, 01:10 AM
Final: potatoedoughnut (Nec) 2 - 0 mombuishibachi (Khe)

Despite rocking the blocking game the Khemri couldn't keep the ball within their grasp. The faster Necro team was able to get the ball relatively clear in both halves and did a stellar job taking punches without serious injury. I think there were 2 cas and a couple KOs for each side, but nothing permanent.

Spreadsheet has been updated.

groovychainsaw
25-06-2011, 10:57 AM
I'm back! How are we doing? Everyone moved onto week 3 ok? I see jaytee and machinations are still missing each other and... NTW? Is that you failing to complete your game in time? Obviously the stress of running the division was too much for you, fortunately I'm back to swing those bricks you pilfered from my store cupboard. Anyways, good work admins keeping on top of things. Now to organise my final game!

DarkFenix
25-06-2011, 12:54 PM
Welcome back GC, indeed everything is basically as you left it, bar a couple of acid-brick castrations.

Incidentally, can we up the race limit by 1 for next season? Even the joke races are starting to fill (all except the poor neglected Ogres that is).

groovychainsaw
25-06-2011, 01:17 PM
Most probably we will increase the limit. I'd like to close out this week and see if anyone's dropping out first, but were certainly looking too constrained right now...

President Weasel
25-06-2011, 01:44 PM
Can you not wait til the unlikely but conceivably possible day when I'm above Darkfenix in the rankings?

DarkFenix
26-06-2011, 03:41 AM
Tentatively jotted down a switch to Chaos on the spreadsheet. If it winds up not happening, I'll simply not retire my skaven just yet.

KayD
26-06-2011, 12:03 PM
KayD Says:
what tv u got now?
mombiusHibachi Says:
what tv? random
mine is fairly old now... panasonic 47" in my room
samsung lcd's are the best pic quality ones you can get right now... you buying?
oh
right
walked away and just came back to bb

xD

mombiushibachi
26-06-2011, 12:07 PM
move along, nothing to see here...

duff
26-06-2011, 07:04 PM
Haha. But 47" In your room, I want!

groovychainsaw
26-06-2011, 07:26 PM
Just a friendly warning, jaytee vs machinations and ntw vs sinister agent are quite a bit overdue now and I'd like to move things along, so unless you guys are going to shift things along tonight, jaytee will be picking up a win as I can't see a post from machinations and ntw vs sinister I'll put down to 'difficult scheduling' and set to a 0-0 draw (having seen an apologetic post from sinsiter trying to get it sorted this weekend - saved by the bell!).

NieA7
26-06-2011, 09:38 PM
Just lost 2-1 to Arnisarus, who therefore takes Division 6. Good tight game, came down to a couple of GFI's in the end - I failed mine, he got his: so commandeth Nuffle.

Machination
27-06-2011, 02:37 AM
jaytee will be picking up a win as I can't see a post from machinations

That's fine - really my fault, I've hardly been on, and when I have been its been later because of work, then I was out all weekend. I should be ok for the third game, though. Sorry Jaytee.

Vexing Vision
27-06-2011, 07:19 AM
Haha. But 47" In your room, I want!

That's what the Elven Wardancer said.

alh_p
27-06-2011, 11:22 AM
Quick report on Div A, Alethron's High Elves vs my Chaos. I was trounced 3-0, all TDs coming in what was a torrid (for me) first half. I kicked but got a blitz start event. The ball was due to land close so in a less than optimaly considered move I tried to dodge a blodging warrior under the ball, hoping to then clear the fray around him. Instead, the warrior failed his dodge (as did the RR) and fell on his face, leaving a big gap in my wing. Altheron pretty much walked the ball through despite my scrambled defence (his elves are quite punchy with a few St4s).

I then received and Alethron got a blitz, flying down the wing to put a half cage around a player under the ball. So he caught his own pass and then ran in the second TD. The third TD, i think i managed to slow things down a bit but the Elves throughout the game gave better than they got so the ball probably went back and then Alethron would have blitzed it and scampered off down the pitch. I can't remember, it was horrenduos.

The Second half was much more traditional in that I made slow progress down the pitch, although stalling only a few squares into the Elves' half. Alethron had a good run throughout the game KOing my players, but they thankfully recovered soon enough to ensure I wasn't down more than 1 player each restart. I think Alethron nearly made it 4-0 late in the half (as the ball rolled off the pitch) but for once i was able to take out the lineman making for the TD zone. The only other thing of note was the death of an Elf lineman with Guard. Sorry about that mate.

Anyway, that was a terrible season for me, back to Div B!

cwoac
27-06-2011, 11:55 AM
yet another defeat for the necromantic forces, 2-0 this time, despite some serious last minute salvage attempts (a break away were got within 3 squares, was tackled and ball scattered off the pitch. It got thrown back in to the middle of my half(?!), where upon ghoul#1 picked it up, threw a perfect long pass over the heads of his wight and ghoul to my other ghoul, who (much to my surprise) caught it. My remaining wight made an opening which got me (again) within 3. Got surrounded by 3 ghouls who failed to knock mine over, unfortunately, scoring required making two dodge rolls, which was apparently just too much. Ah well, hello division 7, I think.

DarkFenix
27-06-2011, 12:39 PM
Validated most recent games. Defaulted division 3's remaining day 2 game 2-0 to JayTee and moved the day on.

I left ntw/sinister's game alone since they've been trying to find one another, but it should be defaulted if you don't manage to play today.

studenteternal
27-06-2011, 01:34 PM
Hello!

Has registration started for the next season yet? I would like to get in on this, though I have to disclaim, while getting better, I am still remarkably bad at this game :)

Screwie
27-06-2011, 01:43 PM
If you're interested then get your name on the sign-up sheet (first post of this thread) as soon as possible. It's first-come-first-served in terms of team selection and although you can only join at the start of a new season, registration is never really closed. :)

ntw
27-06-2011, 01:51 PM
@ student - bang your details in the spreadsheet (linked 1st post) next season is due to start in about a week.

Stuck in smelly Croydon at the moment, but hoping to be online tonight to avoid defaulting the game (will cross-post).

studenteternal
27-06-2011, 01:51 PM
Very cool, thank you. I have signed up, though I will need to add my team name and race in a bit (I will do that this morning when I get home from the office) should I put anything in for division? Also, what are the restrictions on races?

Arnisarus
27-06-2011, 02:06 PM
Very cool, thank you. I have signed up, though I will need to add my team name and race in a bit (I will do that this morning when I get home from the office) should I put anything in for division? Also, what are the restrictions on races?

Have a look on the race balance tab on the spreadsheet, it's 4 teams to a race at the moment. theres a few free

amazons, elf, norse, skaven

oh and ogre, goblin, vampire and halflings if you wish to commit suicide every game

studenteternal
27-06-2011, 02:10 PM
Ah cheers, I was hoping for Norse, they are who I have been playing in the single player and I think I am solidly up to 'bad' with them :) but having a lot of fun. Spreadsheet updated, now I just need a team name there :)

President Weasel
27-06-2011, 02:14 PM
In multiplayer, in a persistent league, your Norse will frustrate you, let you down, and frequently break. There's a reason the team's available.

Although that said I'm surprised Skaven are available. They can do some amazing things on the field, and they're not that much more breaky than Norse. Pro Elves break all the time too, but again they can do some spectacular things before they inevitably break your heart and die.

studenteternal
27-06-2011, 02:27 PM
Hrmm, I am torn now then. I have not played the skaven, they looked kinda fun, but I am on the fence. what hurts the Norse? What you say kinda matches some other comments I have read, but they seem like they should be a fairly strong team.

also, damn elves, maybe it is too much time in Dwarf Fortress but f-em :)

Screwie
27-06-2011, 02:44 PM
As I understand it, Norse suffer mainly because they are a hitting team but have below average armour compared to other hitting teams. If hitting is what you enjoy though, Skaven won't help you much ;)

Play Norse if you like to play Norse (says the Goblin player...). You can always change to another team in a later season if it doesn't work out. :)

DarkFenix
27-06-2011, 03:20 PM
student: Your Norse desire will most likely be possible, the limit is (almost certainly) increasing to 5 per race next season. The Skaven spot is open on that understanding, since I've vacated a spot to put myself down for Chaos.

Feel free to experiment with races though, the advantage of starting in the bottom division is no real penalty exists for changing race. Being an active player too, only the other actives above you in the league get higher dibs on a team than you.

What hurts the Norse? Any bashy team. A team of bashers with predominantly 7AV will sustain a lot of injuries. Starting with block is very nice but later on other teams can compensate for that, whereas it's unlikely your survivability will improve much. Also frenzy on 3ST players can get you into trouble. That said, once they get a few skills (like guard) to make their blocking more reliable and perhaps some dodge to stay upright, it can be hard to knock them down in the first place. Just don't let the enemy get the initiative or your guys will start going down like dominoes.

Skaven are similarly weak, but they are a blast to play. A fast, furious luck game, where a single opportunity will see a Gutter Runner half way down the field with the ball before your opponent even knows what happened. The real keys to Skaven are to callously treat your Linerats as cannon fodder and not be afraid to take risks that even an Elf would think suicidal. I was dumped with Skaven 6 seasons back, then led them through 4 successive promotions, a 2nd place in Championship and now I'm (probably) retiring them at the close of this season, having won the Championship. The real bane of Skaven is teams with a lot of distributed high strength like Khemri, Chaos or Nurgle. Those teams are slow, but they simply have too many bashing players to tie down with sacrificial linerats.

Whichever race you pick, read two things; firstly the race specific strategy thread on the Cyanide forums (not the whole thing, but the first posts are usually very informative) and that race's pages on bbtactics.com. I entered my Skaven with zero experience of multiplayer BB, gaining all my knowledge from those two sources. It worked :)

President Weasel
27-06-2011, 03:42 PM
A team of bashers with predominantly 7AV will sustain a lot of injuries.

This. They're not a team you can reliably bash with, because Norse have the same armour value as elves. Not the tough elves, either - the most injury prone elves of all, Pro or Wood Elves. Even Pro and Wood Elves have a better chance of survivability, because their gameplay style doesn't involve bashing and they have the agility to (fairly) reliably dodge away if they're marked.

With norse you're going to be dishing out hits and taking them, or else you're going to be playing a game style that specialist teams are much more suited for, and you're going to suffer either way. When Norse take hits, a reliably large percentage of them get injured because they take to the field in a fur loincloth and not much else.
My Dark Elf team in the challenge league lost three blitzers in three games, two dead and one with a stat injury. Dark Elves have AV8. AV7 is actually much worse.

To break AV7 you need 8 or more on 2 dice. The chances of rolling this are 15/36
To break AV8 you need 9 or more on 2 dice. The chance of rolling this are 10/36

Groovychainsaw, benevolent dictator of these Divisions, recently tried to play a Norse team in the Divisions. He spent the whole time with a team stuffed with loners due to deaths or miss next game injuries, and eventually gave up.

In a similar vein, once teams in your league start getting tackle, amazons will eventually enter a "death spiral" where you lose experienced, levelled-up players quicker than you can level up new ones.

Unless your name is Drawlien.

Rakysh
27-06-2011, 04:10 PM
Norse can be played in such a way as to avoid that sort of thing though, (although maybe not at high levels). The sheer nastiness of a pair of POMBer berserkers, combined with two highly mobile S4 pieces and all that fricking block means that at medium TVs (less that 1400, say) they kick arse. I have never tried to play them at high levels though, I will admit.

groovychainsaw
27-06-2011, 04:48 PM
I probably shouldn't go on about them again (god knows I complained enough at the time), but 4 seasons of norse were for me some of the most depressing games I've ever played. I had some bad luck, with a remarkable ability to get my av8 players killed (more than my av7 players!), but I ended a good few games with 5/6 players left on the pitch. Block only gets you so far, and you have very little access to dodge to help your players, and guard is only available to str players who have frenzy, which makes them less reliable as brick walls to help others. Plus my wolves only got a level in the 4th season. They were terrible at causing injuries, and were left with frenzy and no skills, leaving them vulnerable to both down/skull results on a frenzy. They have no agility to get out of trouble. The big guy is as unreliable as all big guys, and then you're left with effectively an elf team with a lot of block but poor movement and no ag boost. No MA8 AG4 catchers/runners. You have to grind up the pitch with MA6 and you'll struggle against any higher armour team. You might get lucky early on with block vs no-block teams. But once most teams start getting block on, your advantage lessens and the raw stats of your guys get exposed. I still believe if I hadn't had so many deaths I may have made it work better, but they're AV7, you're going to get deaths...

As for odds, its almost a wash between an av7 player with block and an av8 player without block in terms of getting the armour break (very fractionally better to be av8). But the opposition has the advantage of gaining block to improve their survivability, whilst your starting norse will never be better than a base av8 player WITHOUT block. Unless you get doubles and access to dodge i guess. I never got doubles on my norse. I was probably unlucky with team expansion for the most part. I'm doing much better now that I have more variety in my team and more ways to win games. I STRONGLY recommend skaven as a good novice team - you'll get deaths, but you'll be able to pull matches out of the bag that few other races can.

Rakysh
27-06-2011, 05:05 PM
Oh yeah, I wouldn't say Norse were a novice team. If you get doubles they really need guard, I reckon, especially on linemen- dodge is not that good. I bow to your superior norsperience though.

studenteternal
27-06-2011, 05:07 PM
Hrmm I guess I will listen to wise advice and change. To skaven when I get home and save the Norse for later so I can get them killed through bad luck and squishiness instead of squishiness and ignorance.

studenteternal
27-06-2011, 05:35 PM
OK Spread sheet updated with my new details, guess I should play some SP games with these guys and see if I can figure them out. :)

President Weasel
27-06-2011, 06:11 PM
you need a brand new team to join the Divisions, but if you want to join another team to the challenge league I'll happily give you a game.

Zoraster
27-06-2011, 06:19 PM
They're not a team you can reliably bash with, because Norse have the same armour value as elves.

Student; the above comment is where people go wrong with Norse imo. Not only can you, you must. Youíve got to be totally one track minded on winning the numbers game. What most coaches do is start out and discover it is easy mode bashing, spend their skill ups on tool box skills and suddenly find everyone else wiping out the bash advantage. These coaches then conclude Norse are only viable at low TV. You have to sacrifice being a rounded team to build on your blocking head start.

Fend is the pivotal skill. Your Frenzy players need support or they become a liability, but with AG3 and no Guard access your linos canít provide it easily. Fend is a poor manís AG4/Guard. Early on the only skill a lino should consider taking before it on a normal roll is Dirty Player. Toolbox skills have to wait until you are already at mid-high TV or youíll never get there in the first place. To put it in perspective my Norse league side took Kick after a dozen matches and still doesnít have any ball handling skills whatsoever despite being well into spiralling expenses. They drop points due to bad dice and occasionally ball handling costs them games but they pretty much never get outbashed. Winning percentage is 64% so they are punching above tier 1 expectation. They are certainly a very viable side if they suit your style.

ntw
27-06-2011, 06:38 PM
OK Spread sheet updated with my new details, guess I should play some SP games with these guys and see if I can figure them out. :)

As PW says, the challenge league is a good place to go and try out new things...

studenteternal
27-06-2011, 07:00 PM
appreciate that :) need to get to bed today though, maybe tomorrow?

Vexing Vision
27-06-2011, 09:41 PM
And Division F ends in a disappointing 1-1 draw and a lot of broken bones (and one broken greenskin at least) for the Sirens, who both failed to steal KayD's league victory and gain any meaningful skills on their Blitzers.

Congrats with your Skaven!

A write-up will happen some day.

Schaulustiger
28-06-2011, 02:52 PM
As Vex already wrote: His Sirens and my Greens parted with a 1-1 draw. With two losses and one draw I'll competently take the 4th spot in Division F and bid you a farewell. It was a great season for a rookie like me and I hope we'll see again some day.

President Weasel
28-06-2011, 09:12 PM
Bollocks to it, I am bored with my Dark Elves and never achieve much with them except to grimly cling on to Division B. In the incredibly unlikely event I get promoted to A I will keep faith with the team, if not and the team restrictions are lifted I am going to reboot either to Chaos, the race I started out with and then foolishly abandoned for the lure of AG4, or to Necromantic.

Edit: or Skaven.

drawlien
28-06-2011, 09:26 PM
I just played Soulpride in a match that was fairly bloodless only because most of those getting injured were skeletons! His Undead suffered 7 injuries which were not regenned and maybe one or two others. Fortunately for him only one was dead again and the rest were BH.

Due to this carnage I was able to turn the ball over and score on his drive. On my drive I got within 1 GFI of scoring with a Tomb Guardian but of course that came up a 1 (after he'd got a 6 to catch the ball earlier, what a waste)! So the game ended 1 - 0 to me, spreadsheet updated and match validated. Thanks for the game Soulpride.

boots468
28-06-2011, 09:52 PM
Thanks for the good game Chipstick. Some good luck, bad luck, good plays and bad plays from both of us saw his High Elves v my Vampires draw 1-1, both ending the season on 7 points, and both convinced the other won on goals/casualty difference!

If an admin could say who has won, it'd be much appreciated!

ChIpStIcK
28-06-2011, 10:03 PM
Yer was a nice game, I thought I had it in the bag at about turn 13 so well played to shatter my promotion dreams. Was a really good game though, wp.

President Weasel
28-06-2011, 10:07 PM
edit: I worked the causalty figures out wrong, never mind. Move along, nothing to see here.

NieA7
28-06-2011, 10:13 PM
How's the empty Division E going to work with promotions/relegations?

President Weasel
28-06-2011, 10:15 PM
who knows, or dares to dream? There's also at least two people rebooting which further muddies the waters.

DarkFenix
28-06-2011, 10:19 PM
Chipstick: Well your goal difference is identical, each winning one match by 2 td's, one by 1 td and drawing your match. Casualty wise you're dead even too, Chipstick inflicting 4 and sustaining 9, Boots inflicting 3 and sustaining 8.

In this situation there's not a whole lot to rule between teams, I believe we fall back on TV on the basis that the higher TV team is more prepared to deal with the next division up. Both your teams have clearly received a terrible mauling this season, but boots' Vampires are in marginally better shape to move onwards and upwards. That said, the ingame system has given Chipstick's Elves first place, so you'll get the winner's bonus to help you replace those losses along with a sideways move getting you well clear of that Nurgle team.

Edit: Ninja'd you ntw ;)

ntw
28-06-2011, 10:19 PM
TD difference + CAS difference for the season is the tie-breaker, if no-one else gets a chance to work it out I'll try and get on tomoz to have a look.

If my Nurgle team had hearts, they'd be broken after a 0-0 draw vs sinister agent the other night.
I managed to turn the ball over in the first half but was unable to outrun the dwarves (!). Silly time-out gave the ball to my beast at the start of the second and sinister spent the half proving that dwarves know how to make really good armour, whereas Nurgle must've skipped that class at school. I think I had 3 players on the pitch at the end of the game...

Glad we managed to get the game in, I think, cheers for putting up with my grumpiness and generally being a good sport.

Jolima
28-06-2011, 10:36 PM
...boots' Vampires are in marginally better shape to move onwards and upwards. That said, the ingame system has given Chipstick's Elves first place...

Really? Haven't looked in game but the in game system goes by TV as well, so I don't see how that could be different. (But since I haven't looked, I expect I've just missed something.)

If my Nurgle team had hearts...
I would have expected at least a few hearts each. Trophies from their opponents if nothing else.

President Weasel
28-06-2011, 11:08 PM
Chipstick: Well your goal difference is identical, each winning one match by 2 td's, one by 1 td and drawing your match. Casualty wise you're dead even too, Chipstick inflicting 4 and sustaining 9, Boots inflicting 3 and sustaining 8.

In this situation there's not a whole lot to rule between teams, I believe we fall back on TV on the basis that the higher TV team is more prepared to deal with the next division up. Both your teams have clearly received a terrible mauling this season, but boots' Vampires are in marginally better shape to move onwards and upwards. That said, the ingame system has given Chipstick's Elves first place, so you'll get the winner's bonus to help you replace those losses along with a sideways move getting you well clear of that Nurgle team.

Edit: Ninja'd you ntw ;)

Are you counting KOs as casualties? How did you get those 8s and 9s?

DarkFenix
28-06-2011, 11:20 PM
Are you counting KOs as casualties? How did you get those 8s and 9s?
I'm going off Cyanide's (shitty) interface and the numbers of casualties/injuries on each team's season record. Though it's hard what with Vampires regularly inflicting injuries on their own team it's making inflicted and received injuries not tally up properly.

In Elves vs Vamps, the Elves inflicted 2 casualties and sustained 3. The Vampires inflicted 2 casualties but sustained 4. That means the Elves had one self-inflicted injury and the Vampires had two.

Elves vs Nurgle is clean cut, Elves inflicted 2 casualties (1 inj, 1 death) and received 6 (4 inj, 2 death).
Elves vs Humans is clean cut too, with no injuries either way.

So Elves inflicted a total of 4 casualties, but sustained a total of 9, one of which was self-inflicted.

Vamps vs Humans is clear, Vamps inflicted 1 casualty, Humans inflicted 2 (1 inj, 1 death).
Vamps vs Nurgle is also neat, Vamps inflicted no casualties, Nurgle inflicted 2.

Vamps therefore inflicted 3 casualties in total, sustaining 8, two of which were self-inflicted.

Both teams end up with a -5 ratio of casualties caused to sustained. If we then rule off TV, the Vampires end up ahead.

If I had to guess, I'd say the Cyanide system is ruling based on some kind of absolute value rather than ratio. Chipstick, while not getting a better ratio anywhere, has scored one more td than boot and inflicted one more casualty.

President Weasel
28-06-2011, 11:52 PM
ah, that makes sense. Why does the season record not show all the casualties though? Cyanide's interface is messed up.

Copper8642
29-06-2011, 12:41 AM
In a match where the armor rolls were against me and the rest of the rolls were against my opponent, I beat MadDave 1-0. Leaving my record at 1-0-2. Also, I really dislike playing this Human team. But that's life. Let's see how next month goes!

MadDave123
29-06-2011, 12:55 AM
Elves vs Nurgle is clean cut, Elves inflicted 2 casualties (1 inj, 1 death) and received 6 (4 inj, 2 death).

Vamps vs Nurgle is also neat, Vamps inflicted no casualties, Nurgle inflicted 2.At least I'm consistent. :)

Thanks for the game Copper. Sorry my Beast and your Ogre got so friendly, but thanks for the free rotter. Highlights of the match were your double 6's leading to a perfect throw and catch; then me getting nothing better than a push and a both down on three separate 3-dice blocks (1 was a re-roll).

groovychainsaw
29-06-2011, 08:02 PM
So the final game in division 4 was.... a 0-0 default, as after 2 evening's attempts, blood bowl still refused to connect myself and jarvis together. Pretty disappointing, and the second time this has happened to me now. I can play everyone else, but select people are clearly not allowed to play me since the last patch came out. :-(. Anyway, not all bad, i got a good cash award and my thrower got the spps, giving him a level and a double for strong arm. Still disappointing though, missing out one game in a 3-game season due to some server weirdness on cyanide's part.

DarkFenix
29-06-2011, 08:27 PM
Y'know, I was considering starting sacrificing small animals to Nuffle in order to get a double on a level up. So hush you, it's a good result ;)

Zoraster
29-06-2011, 10:23 PM
Division B came to an end this afternoon with another fittingly tight contest in this tightest of divisions. My Rats took on the elfy-Dwarfs of coach mrpier with the winners guaranteed promotion and the losers getting relegated. A draw would see my unbeaten Rats relegated and probably promote mrpier.

I lost the toss and as expected was asked to receive. My hope was to delay scoring until the 4th turn but the AG4 threat combined with all the Guard left me with a chance of getting totally crushed so the score was reluctantly taken in a turn early, leaving 6 turns for a Dwarf leveller.

Mrpier caged up immediately as the standard pattern developed with the cage probing for an opening in the slow Rat retreat. The clock eventually forced the charge into the open after I’d penetrated the cage. Mrpier made 4 crucial GFi rolls that took the BC just beyond blitzing range of my wrestle lino and got a supporting player to ensure I couldn’t get a two die hit. At this point I had a tricky choice. The obvious blitz candidate was my Wrestle GR but that was also the only piece I could reliably get into contact with the BC. In the end I elected to play safe and use him to mark as the other players needed to make rolls to get in position. The one die blitz resulted in a pushback, which I elected not to reroll after a lengthy think.

With the Dwarf team largely out of position mrpier had to make at least one awkward roll. He opted for the one die hit to remove one of the Gutters, but it rolled skull. Reroll gone. The BC now blitzed down the other gutter, but only got a pushback. Dodges were now required. The first came off, but the second failed. 1-0 to Rats at half time.

The second half was a total disaster for Rats. The kick off result was Get the Ref, giving the Dwarfs freedom to foul. An LoS player was crippled on the opening blocks, and the ball was safely secured. Mrpier overcommitted the Death Roller, allowing a two die block to bring it down and a 6 man gang foul break armour, but the much needed KO+ didn’t materialise. From then on it was all Dwarf.

With Rats down to about half a team mrpier got casual (or distracted by the landlord) and exposed his BC to a pretty easy two dice block. My AG4 wrestle lino just needed to dodge away and make a GFI. It was the last real chance to get the ball out but Cyanide defeated me. The blitz button was clicked, the icon activated. However after the dodge was made the game decided I wasn’t blitzing... cue much cursing which got even worse when Ed Miliband followed Gordon Brown’s example by dying. Five deaths in two games for the Rats now, with the apoth only really saving one of them.

Mrpier continued to stomp leaving just one Rat on feet by turn 15, with a couple more stunned. Turn 16 ended mrpier’s season with the leveller; 1-1 with the number of CAS guaranteeing him promotion.

I had one last hope. A good number of my KOs came back (4 of 7) including my +MV Gutter. I was down to 8 players and no thrower but just had enough manpower to go for the one turner. A nightmare kick made me despair as it scattered into the end zone and the bounce stayed in play. I opened up with the blocks and got the two pushbacks I required. I then gambled a bit with a third block that wasn’t really needed, but I wanted to get down to a single TZ on my receiver ahead of the pass. The 4+ pass was made, as was the 3+ catch. Reroll still in hand. I now had a trio of dodges needing 3+, 3+ and 2+. All came off. Two GFIs from turning relegation into promotion. First made. Second fails... luckily I still had that reroll in hand. Roll a 5 and the Rats snatch the unlikely win.

It was an exceptionally lucky final turn, but it made up for some appalling fortune this season. Down to two experienced Gutters and no Throwers so Div A will surely see the run of consecutive promotions come to an end. It was a good match, but you’ve got to feel for mrpier who surely thought he was promoted but could only watch an unlikely sequence of dice rolls condemn him to the drop. Watching that must be annoying enough at the best of times, but watching it take you from division winner to last place...

President Weasel
29-06-2011, 10:31 PM
Wow, congratulations Zoraster. That's quite the rollercoaster. I think I was even in with a chance of promotion for a couple of turns there :)
I'm not sure if Pier will be relegated or not though - I've had enough of the Dark Elves and will be rebooting.

Kelron
29-06-2011, 11:07 PM
A shaky start against DarkWeeble, but the superior mobility of my elves prevailed for a 2-0 win, securing a promotion for me.

DarkWeeble elected to kick, and my initial blitz failed to make the desired hole in his tackle-heavy lines. I made a probably ill-advised break into his half on Turn 2, which left my ball carrier with minimal support after a failed dodge. Dump-off and some lucky chain dodges (not too risky despite all the tackle, thanks to my AG5 players) managed to move the ball in range of his end-zone, but still unprotected and unable to stop his thrower recovering it. My counter-attack saw a stroke of luck as the thrower was killed and the apothecary failed to revive him, but the ball remained in the hands of an orc blitzer who tried to move it up the pitch. By this time many of my elves had managed to disentangle themselves from the meaty grasp of the orcs and surrounded the ball carrier, while most of the orc team was left scattered around the pitch tied up by linemen. DarkWeeble made a noble and rather hopeless attempt to pass the ball out of danger, it was intercepted and run in on turn 7 for 1-0. A failed goblin throw ended the half.

The second half began with the orcs immediately forming a strong cage, not a nice sight to face as elves. Nonetheless the worst likely outcome was a slow grinding TD and a draw, with the speed advantage working for the elves I immediately sent some round behind the cage waiting for an opening while the ones in front retreated in mostly good order, despite sustaining some KOs, which had the effect of herding the orcs towards the sidelines. DarkWeeble blitzed a hole down the side and moved his ball carrier up, but in doing so left himself exposed when my elves dodged away from their markers to move into contact with him while the elves still hovering behind moved in to tie up the nearby orcs. The ball carrier was forced to block to give him a chance of scoring, and rerolled it into a BD/BD (with no block). My witch elf snatched the ball to get it up the pitch for a last turn touchdown.

It was a good match, and not an easy win. My personal MVP goes to DarkWeeble's Troll statue, who stood in the middle of the pitch grunting for most of the game.

DarkFenix
30-06-2011, 12:20 AM
Bunch of results validated.

mrpier
30-06-2011, 07:39 AM
Say, anyone know of a formation that makes one turn touchdown-attempts very hard to accomplish :-) I'm talking about the ones where the opponent needs one or two pushes to be able to get to the endzone. I hurriedly tried to set one up yesterday against Zoraster even though I was busy talking to/helping my landlord fix something in the apartment. It worked ok in that he had to make three dodges past one of my tackle-players, but it didn't work at all since he scored :p

Rakysh
30-06-2011, 12:15 PM
I suppose a very, very deep formation could do that, seeing as getting the blitzer+support downfield would be hard. Depends if it's just to stop a score on the last turn of a half or for something more permanent.

mrpier
30-06-2011, 12:26 PM
Yeah, but as I understand it you would use the blitz to initiate the chainpush to get the ballcarrier the needed one or two squares forward. I'm wondering if I can setup in a way to make the chainpush really hard or even impossible. I'm not an expert on one turn touchdowns but as it has changed the result on two of my matches from draw to loss in the last round I'm thinking I should become one :-D

Screwie
30-06-2011, 12:32 PM
I supposed you could take a few Dwarf blockers with Stand Firm and put them at the edges of your LoS?

(Actually I've wanted to make a team full of nothing but Stand Firm Dwarfs for a while now...)

mrpier
30-06-2011, 01:18 PM
Yeah, stand firm and sidestep would help a lot, sadly I don't have any dwarfs except the deathroller with stand firm yet, but it will be third choice on some of them, most likely the LOS-blockers and the trollslayers.

Zoraster
30-06-2011, 01:24 PM
Yeah, the really easy way is three SF/SS guys on the LoS. Then the only hit youíll have to worry about is a single Jugs blitz, so most teams will be dead in the water. Disclaimer: Nuffle tends to disapprove of such covering of bases. Whenever I have such a setup (nearly always spam SF on my Orc teams) the team seems to suffer a disproportionate number of turn 8/16 riots rolling the clock back.

Taking extra skills out the equation you need to adopt different approaches depending on how many pushes are required. A lot of the time spreading out on the LoS Ė especially when the offence is down to 8 players Ė is a solid move, but it made it easier for me as I only needed to advance one square so all it really achieved was taking your Guard out the equation.

The one big improvement you could have made with yesterdays formation was taking the two guys you left a square further back in the middle and placing them directly behind the outside guys on the LoS. That would have given you a second assist, reducing me to a one die block on the initial blitz, where anything but an arrow would have been game over.

The truth is nothing is ever completely safe; all you can do is make your opponent roll a lot of dice and pray Nuffle is on your side.

DarkFenix
30-06-2011, 01:54 PM
And then sooner or later Zoraster is probably going to have Sprint and Sure Feet on that runner, then your only recourse is deep defence and a lot of praying to Nuffle.

Nobody ever stopped my one turner, only Nuffle did one time just to make a point, making snake eyes on a GFI. Of course, it helps that mine had Two Heads as a first skill, so dodging through tackle zones was child's play.

mrpier
30-06-2011, 02:07 PM
So, in conclusion, the best defence against one turn touchdowns is to be two goals up before the last round ;-)

DarkFenix
30-06-2011, 02:48 PM
Indeed, not easy considering the Skaven will most likely score in retaliation with said one turner each time you grant them a drive by scoring yourself :P

The defences that've had me most worried were a deep overlapping tackle zone field just short of the endzone, deep enough that I couldn't get a decent blitz on them. Of course, my one turner still danced straight through, but it did have me worried.

President Weasel
30-06-2011, 03:13 PM
Yeah, but as I understand it you would use the blitz to initiate the chainpush to get the ballcarrier the needed one or two squares forward. I'm wondering if I can setup in a way to make the chainpush really hard or even impossible. I'm not an expert on one turn touchdowns but as it has changed the result on two of my matches from draw to loss in the last round I'm thinking I should become one :-D

I've set up in such a way as to make the chainpush bloody difficult before. Spread your mans out, then put a "picket fence" behind them; it requires the enemy to make a tricky dodge just to set up the chain push, and if the chain push works they then have to dodge their runner through your mans.

__x_x_x__

x__x_ x__x

__x ___ x__

Zoraster
30-06-2011, 03:56 PM
You don’t need to dodge at all for the initial pushback; the trick is to leave a hole in your offensive line to receive the blitzed player. Then you only need to be one square in the opponents half for a sideways hit. It does mean you need to make an extra block, but generally that is a better option than dodging into multiple TZs.

And then sooner or later Zoraster is probably going to have Sprint and Sure Feet on that runner, then your only recourse is deep defence and a lot of praying to Nuffle.

I probably won’t. I’m not a fan of building natural one turn scorers; think they hinder as much as help the team. Skaven have no problem scoring but live and die on having a decent set of Gutters when defending. In my experience if you build a one turner you then need a one turner because you lack the required tools to prevent/break cages. As they dominate scoring the rest of your team steadily becomes less skilled and once they meet their inevitable end your team is a mess.

I might change my mind on Cyanide; not having access to Fezglitch or Glart is a real pain for games like yesterday. Even so I think I’ll be more inclined to take the more pragmatic approach of Grab on a Vermin and SS on the Runner to make the chain push easier and free up the Blitz to help the move elsewhere. Both useful skills when defending, rather than having so much TV only of real use once a match.

JayTee
01-07-2011, 12:02 AM
Monopole Magnates (Liz) vs. Dead Comic Society (Khe)

1 - 0

Fairly uneventful match from both sides. First half largely consisted of a brawl in the centre with neither team actually managing to pick the ball up, each time causing the ball to bounce all over the shop. Comics took 2 KOs, Magnates a Badly Hurt skink and a KOed skink, and that's about all that happened. Both teams had opportunities to score, Comics were within a few steps of the endzone but some good blocking freed up a blitzing Saurus which stopped Fend working and the ball ended up with the Magnates. Then a skink managed to almost set up a final-turn TD but fumbled the pass.

Second half was a bit more exciting for a few turns, then the Comics took another 2 KOs and repeatedly rolled 'Push' when required so the whole team got bogged down and the Magnates managed to slip a skink past. A re-rolled dodge from a Throw-Ra allowed a 2D block on the carrier which pitched the ball free, but because the entire rest of the team were bogged down and unable to move the Magnates managed to knock down the Throw-Ra and largely secure the TD. Both teams then spend a few turns hitting each other, the Magnates unwilling to score and the Comics unable to roll anything other than Push though finally got another BH on a Saurus for some badly needed SPP on the Tomb Guardians. Lowlight of the second half had to be a 3D block which was AD-AD-BD, re-rolled to AD-BD-BD. Sigh.

Tense first half, though not much really happened, then a fairly tame second half (Though I don't begrudge Jiiiiim for stalling, he needed the win and I only needed a draw to win the league).

So assuming I understand the rules, that promotes Jiiiiim as we're on equal points now and he won the match between us.

Jiiiiim
01-07-2011, 12:54 AM
Oh dull yet functional victory

Cyborg
01-07-2011, 02:44 AM
Introducing myself. I'm not very good. I would like to play against real people and be a stepping stone in your league.Just let me know where and when.

DarkFenix
01-07-2011, 08:09 AM
Welcome to the party Cyborg, the next season will be starting within a week or so, put your details down on the spreadsheet (linked on page 1) as necessary. Race choice is a bit limited at the moment, but the limit per race will probably be increased to 5 next season anyway. Oh and keep an eye on this thread, anything you need to know will appear here.

Jiiiiim
01-07-2011, 09:43 AM
Also if Desvergeh beats Machinations then I think he gets promoted.

MACHINATIONS COME BACK AND PLAY AND KILL HIM PLEASE

desvergeh
01-07-2011, 10:30 AM
Please Machinations come back, and kill me just a little!

I don't really want to get promoted. Will mean tougher teams, and tougher opponents. As I have yet to get my team back to TV1000, I don't think getting promoted will be good for my nerves.

Two match requests to Machinations left on the organising thread though, and no response unfortunately.

President Weasel
01-07-2011, 07:51 PM
what is a better team name for next season:
The Rat Badstars (Where every rat is called Clever Badstar, Vicious Badstar and so on), or The Quite Nice White Mice?

karandraz
01-07-2011, 10:40 PM
I quite like the first one president weasel, maybe you could name one inglorious badstar :)

President Weasel
01-07-2011, 11:50 PM
I have done that, thank you!

Gorm
02-07-2011, 05:59 AM
Right Badstar?

Jiiiiim
02-07-2011, 08:41 AM
Sneaky Badstar

Indefatigible Snoozer
02-07-2011, 09:05 AM
Badstar Galactica....

Maybe for the Rat Ogre, if/when you get one

President Weasel
02-07-2011, 10:06 AM
I already have a Sneaky Badstar, and when I get the Rat Ogre I plan to call him Psychotic Nappy Wearing Badstar

Sgt.Ragekage
02-07-2011, 10:25 AM
I've just read that the team limit was going up to five so i've changed from humans to my more usual orcs if thats alreet? If not ill change it back and learn quick!

Cyborg
02-07-2011, 02:32 PM
Where do you see the rules or team limits?

Vexing Vision
02-07-2011, 02:55 PM
Cyborg: The spreadsheet you entered yourself in has a couple of additional tabs. You want to look at the Race Table to see what's still available. Right now there's the following teams available:
2x Amazons, 1x Dark Elf, 2x Pro-Elves, 1x Norse.

In case the powers of tyranny and bloodbowl coaching decide to raise the racial limit to 5, that opens up Dwarves, High Elves, HUmans, Khemri, Lizard Men (hmm... a reroll is tempting already, darn), Necromantic, Nurgle, Undead and Wood Elves.

If you want to play Goblins, Halflings, Ogres or Vampires, noone would ever dream of stopping you (although Vampires are becoming somewhat popular).

DarkFenix
02-07-2011, 06:30 PM
The last game in the DoD of Dead Rodents Walking ended 1-1 against Elf Harm in the messiest, craziest game I've seen so far. I thought I knew what it was like to have Nuffle screw with the dice before, I was wrong, I had truly underestimated the almighty bastardy one. This game was an utter carnival of chaos from beginning to end. Given that my season win was already assured, I had precisely no intention of playing very seriously, more intending to spread SPP through risks I'd normally not consider. Incidentally, 230k of inducements got ChainsawHands a wandering apothecary and a bribe.

I opted to receive for the first half, and Nuffle didn't waste any time screwing with me. Blitz. Immediately I have a whole lot of angry elves in my half, sitting right on where the ball is going to land. Predictably, the dainty pansy f***ers caught the ball. Still, not many players were around the ball and my Rat Ogre promptly stormed in and knocked the ball clear again. This began a pell-mell of possession swapping that lasted the entire half, neither side able to get a ball carrier clear or even able to adequately protect one for more than one turn. Apparently all the bashing I took from ChainsawHands' elves last time built up something of a karmic debt though, which starting being paid back with interest. By the end of the half ChainsawHands had one player off unconscious and 3 off injured (one catcher who burned an apothecary failing to reroll off an MNG, one catcher badly injured and one blitzer badly injured) and another off unconscious. I had 4 players unconscious, but 3 of them woke up for the second half while CH's player didn't.

So, second half, nil-nil, I'm still fielding a full team, CH is only able to play ten. Even without Nuffle's favour I should be able to make something of this. As it turns out, Nuffle had only just finished getting warmed up. A riot promptly moved the game forward at kick-off and the kick landed as deep as it possibly could (by pure fluke, my kicker died). ChainsawHands kept the ball safe and deep inside his own half, which was fine by me, at this point I was simply out to murder his team. On my turn I sent two GR's after the carrier and set the rest of my team to the task of slaughter. The slaughter was slow going until Nuffle got bored of waiting and sent me an opportunity made in heaven. A 4st elf broke through with the ball and couldn't immediately be caught, I moved back a side stepping GR and left him on the sideline. Turns out CH really doesn't like my GR's, 4 elves promptly blocked all avenues of escape and a blitzer moved in for the kill, an easy 3d block that is nigh-certain to get a crowd-surf. It rolls BD/BD/AD (GR had wrestle), no worries right? Just reroll it. He does so, AD/AD/AD, triple skulls. Bad place for a turnover, next turn my RO charged in and double crowd-surfed a pair of elves, while two more rats set up another elf to be sent packing by the very GR they had tried to give the push themselves. I knew I couldn't catch the ball carrier, so I figured I'd just make him score quickly by stamping on his teammates, and a successful foul promptly gets a linerat sent off (MNG rerolled to badly injured on the elf). I'm fairly certain CH intended to score next turn, but his blitzer took a risk and got up to have another crack at the GR he failed to take down so badly, now on a 1d block. AD, reroll, AD. And the blitzer takes a second close look at the turf. With little in the way of more elves to beat up, I realised I had rats within range of the ball carrier, I managed to set up a 1d block but only got a push out of it, allowing CH to score next turn.

For my last short drive I figured I'd get the 2 SPP I needed on my thrower then score with my one-turner easily. CH's lack of a bloodweiser babe was crippling at this point, unconscious rats getting back up left and right, but few elves doing the same. While my thrower sat back with a GR repeatedly passing to him, my team tried to score a few more casualties on the battered elves. It nearly all went wrong when my second pass in turn 15 fumbled, leaving me seemingly with no player in scoring range, but mercifully one GR was within 2 GFI range of the endzone, in turn 16 my thrower got his second SPP and got the ball to the scorer-to-be's hands. Thank Nuffle I still had a reroll by then, because otherwise the GR would have planted his face in the endzone instead of the ball.

Anyway, good game ChainsawHands, the dice went really hard on you all the way through, not much you can do when that happens. Still, your team is mostly intact for next season and hopefully you've used up any bad karma you had going into this match. Nuffle giveth, Nuffle taketh.

DarkFenix
02-07-2011, 08:40 PM
Also, 2 days to go before the season's end and still 10 fixtures outstanding. Come on people, the schedule was going so smoothly until now, get those games played or organised.

HughTower
02-07-2011, 09:19 PM
Also, 2 days to go before the season's end and still 10 fixtures outstanding. Come on people, the schedule was going so smoothly until now, get those games played or organised.

I mean this with kindest of hearts, old chap, but let's try and keep the number of chefs to one, shall we? I've read Animal Farm, it doesn't end well.

President Weasel
02-07-2011, 09:41 PM
But Darkfenix got made special assistant deputy junior chef (class B) by Groovy.

ntw
02-07-2011, 11:14 PM
We've got an official chef? Wicked - make me an Armadillo Egg (http://www.bbqshack.co.uk/burgers.html) at once!

/edit - also posted in the match organising thread, Combat & I can't seem to play until Friday. I know, I'm really sorry :(

HughTower
02-07-2011, 11:41 PM
We've got an official chef? Wicked - make me an Armadillo Egg (http://www.bbqshack.co.uk/burgers.html) at once!

That looks disgusting/delicious. I have to ask... have you had one?

Cyborg
03-07-2011, 01:21 AM
So there are racial limits? Which one is the best race that is still available? I thought that Wood elves were the best.

Vexing Vision
03-07-2011, 02:24 AM
As I said, check out the spreadsheet (https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?authkey=CLqFqKgH&key=t4JCm2oCug-E2W2lQECEkyw&authkey=CLqFqKgH#gid=24) on the Racial Balance tab. And if you ask ten coaches which of the 15 "top tier" races are best, you'll get 20 different answers. :)

Try the races in single-player or random multiplayer matches, stick with the races that feel best to you, and don't take Halflings or Ogres.

President Weasel
03-07-2011, 09:13 AM
Note: We think the race limit will be increased by one, but we haven't had confirmation.
Please also note that someone above you in the league who decides to reboot will get preference when the races are shared out. If someone in, say, Division B wanted to change to chaos, and someone in Division 1 wanted to, then the person in B would be out of luck. And if next season a chaos slot opened up and the same person from B wanted it, but someone from the Champions League decided they wanted to reboot to chaos too, that person from B would be out of luck.

So you can choose a race up to 5 fr next season, but we can't be sure the limit won't still be 4, and even if it's 5 you can't guarantee that someone above you in the rankings (which, as a new joiner, would mean everyone currently in the league) isn't going to take that slot.

Rakysh
03-07-2011, 09:32 AM
In conclusion: Play ogres!

mrpier
03-07-2011, 11:55 AM
I'm considering trying my hand at Vampires, hypnotic gaze is so ace once you start remembering to use it every turn.

Jiiiiim
03-07-2011, 02:00 PM
Bookmark that post so you can refer back to it when you've failed eight bloodlust rolls in a row and there are NO MORE THRALLS.

Cyborg
03-07-2011, 03:40 PM
okay, I put down wood elf and if that's not okay, let me know, and I will choose something else.

darkweeble
03-07-2011, 05:23 PM
I'm leaning toward taking on Ogres next season. I'm really very happy with my Orcs and I'm sure there's room for improvement on them, but I think I'd like a bit of random frustration in my games as well. I'll have a decision by the deadline, hopefully.

Vexing Vision
03-07-2011, 06:04 PM
If I judge the rules correctly (although there's hope of a full-division promotion regarding of what happened with Div E), I'll probably find my Sirens surrounded by undead and dwarves and undead dwarves and dwarfish undead.

Which means I'll possibly have to reroll to Goblins the season after the next. I like Goblins, which can be surprisingly competitive. And Halflings have throwing trees, but for the live of me, I can't get the hang of Ogres and Vampires.

ntw
03-07-2011, 09:10 PM
That looks disgusting/delicious. I have to ask... have you had one?

Not one - *MANY*
They are like Jalapeno-based crack, the description neglects to mention that there are also Jalapenos in the bun!

So there are racial limits? Which one is the best race that is still available? I thought that Wood elves were the best.

whichever race you choose, Nuffle will screw with you. Don't choose the best race, choose the most fun one.

duff
03-07-2011, 09:51 PM
Put it on the spreadsheet, I'm looking to retire my Orcs and make a Delf team for next season.

groovychainsaw
03-07-2011, 11:42 PM
Just a friendly reminder to go along with the other ones - the season finishes tomorrow night! If you were planning on leaving us/joining us, now's the time to add yourself/update the sheet! We have 8 games missing from the sheet at the moment, so either remember to fill it in if you haven't already (acidy bricks await, remember?) or sort it out for tomorrow or grovel here to ask for a day or so to play your game ;-). If you don't post anywhere then I'll be making arbitrary decisions about your results. So there :-P.

New guys joining us, prick up your ears and keep paying attention to this thread if you want to play next season!! You'll be needed to apply in-game in a day or two, once we've sorted out promotions and your new league positions.

ntw
04-07-2011, 12:32 AM
...and Combat & I managed to play tonight - which was nice.

In a pretty freaky match, his Chaos and my Nurgle pretty much managed to avoid hurting each other all game. Both teams lost possession in the half they received. Both teams failed to capitalise on it. Except me. I managed to sneak a TD in the very last turn to seal a win and claim the DivC crown.

Combat 0 - 1 ntw

Combat was a true gent and played sportingly throughout, as were my other opponents this season, as pretty much everyone I've played with from RPS has been. I may just have to add that to my sig to save me typing this every month or so...

Jolima
04-07-2011, 07:39 AM
I haven't heard back from Curvespace to get our game played.

desvergeh
04-07-2011, 11:15 AM
Unfortunately no communication from Machinations to arrange our game.

alh_p
04-07-2011, 01:40 PM
Put it on the spreadsheet, I'm looking to retire my Orcs and make a Delf team for next season.

oooh. Return of the delfs.

Daave
04-07-2011, 03:24 PM
I have PMed Karandraz (he doesn't have a steam account so that appears to be the only way of contacting him) but he's not replied. We've played before so I'm not sure why he's gone quiet, unless he's had real-life problems. Has anyone else been in contact with him over the last couple of weeks?

DarkFenix
04-07-2011, 03:46 PM
He does have a Steam account, which he was apparently on 13 hours ago. I'll give him a poke if I see him again today.

duff
04-07-2011, 04:42 PM
Aye, having an average movement of 5 is pissing me off and my troll went really stupid about 10 times, not even an exaggeration. oh and Laneford killed one of my almost level 5 blitzers.

laneford
04-07-2011, 04:56 PM
Aye, having an average movement of 5 is pissing me off and my troll went really stupid about 10 times, not even an exaggeration. oh and Laneford killed one of my almost level 5 blitzers.

He was a very very really stupid troll.

I think your blitzer got apo'd though.

Mr Dragon
04-07-2011, 05:49 PM
Lyran Common-Elf 1:0 Tiny Dancers

HughTower and I wrapped up the championship division yesterday. I won the flip and decided to receive. The first turn turned out to be a mixed bag for me. On the one hand, I immediately had to burn a re-roll due to double skulls, on the other hand I managed to knock down HughTower's tree and subsequently KO'd him with a well-timed foul. With my cage on the LOS, I prepared for seven turns of moving up the field at a pace of one square per turn.
Fortunately, a turnover allowed my whole team to slip through a gap, quickly putting me within range of the end zone. But as I didn't fancy trying to hold back HughTower's swarm of catchers for four or five turns, I decided to stall instead of trying to score right away. The stalling part worked quite well, but when it came to actually scoring, poor placement first got me stuck and then lost me the ball. With one turn left and the ball in the possession of a wardancer surrounded by more Wood Elves, I decided that it was time for some magic. The fireball managed to BH the ball carrier (promptly apothecary'd by HughTower) and one of the corners of the cage, but my attempt to get another tackle zone off the ball was cut short by another severe case of double skulls.

Because HughTower had been slightly more lucky than me with his injury rolls, I started the second half one man down (at least the tree didn't wake up). Hugh immediately had a myriad of catchers and at least two dozen wardancers run downfield, while the ball remained in the firm grasp of a thrower standing fairly close to his own end zone. I tried to mark as many potential receivers as possible while sending a single line elf after the ball carrier. I gained the upper hand in the ensuing scuffle (with the catchers/line elves/ wardancers, I didn't manage to get anywhere near the ball carrier), forcing Hugh to go for a comparatively risky touchdown. He managed to free one of his wardancers and moved her into my end zone, handed the ball off to another thrower further downfield and now only had to pass it to the waiting wardancer. Unfortunately for him, he could not do so without giving me a chance to intercept. One interception later, I had formed a cage and was on my way to HughTower's half while being harassed by the remains of the Wood Elf team. He didn't really have enough players left to stop me, allowing me to score in turn 16.
Overall, it was a very close game that could've gone either way.

duff
04-07-2011, 05:51 PM
He was a very very really stupid troll.

I think your blitzer got apo'd though.

Yeh APO'D to -1MA though you SOAB. xxxx

karandraz
04-07-2011, 08:43 PM
heya dave bud sorry if ive seemed out of touch, i did leave you a message on steam a few days ago but you seemed busy so i waited for your response, am free tonight and all day tommorrow if groovy is feeling generous to give us a days or so grace :)

ntw
05-07-2011, 12:56 AM
Spammed all the inactive players I could find with the following PM -

Chaps,

You're all down as inactive on the spreadsheet (https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0ApZtTuVnFIbvdDRKQ20yb0N1Zy1FMlcybFFFQ0Vre Xc&authkey=CLqFqKgH&hl=en#gid=24). If you are planning to return for Season 11 next week then please change your status in column E (S11 Div) to "Rx" where the x is the next available number.

I will again be cleaning out the sheet at the start of the next season and removing anyone who is remaining inactive.

Hope to see you guys back :)

ntw

Re-posted here to hopefully catch anyone I missed and ensure the admins are aware of my shenanigans ;)

onestepfromlost
05-07-2011, 05:21 AM
So President weasel has convinced me that even though i just bought the game and am crap at it that I should join in the league, i joined the steam group and had a look at the league table thingie and saw that of the available race i guess i would maybe play elf.

Steam ID: Onestepfromlost . RPS forum name: onestepfromlost , blood bowl ID: onestepfromlost simple enough.

studenteternal
05-07-2011, 08:51 AM
[QUOTE=onestepfromlost;12793]So President weasel has convinced me that even though i just bought the game and am crap at it that I should join in the league, i joined the steam group and had a look at the league table thingie and saw that of the available race i guess i would maybe play elf.

Don't worry onestepfrom lost, I do not think you can be worse then me, and I am already signed up for next season (hopefully!) I shall consider it a personal victory if I score this season :)

groovychainsaw
05-07-2011, 09:17 AM
Ok season's officially finished! Congrats to DarkFenix for topping the Champs this season, will your chaos be as feared? Time will tell....

I'd like to sort out promotions etc, but we have 7 (!) games outstanding on the sheet. If you can get your games played today, I'll let you get your results in. If not, I'll be defaulting those games according to who's made the effort (so post in the match organising thread if you have not already done so). Almost all the games remaining are relegation battles, so the results should be important to most of you involved....

I'll then set up the new divisions etc. on Weds after tonight's games (plus I'm out tonight ;-)). I see no Z's on the sheet from current players, so I'm assuming everyone is in for next season? I'm a bit concerned by one or two players who have missed their last couple of games and generally have been absent for most of this season, I'll be sending them a (friendly!!) warning that they need to get their games in to play in the divisions and if time is short, maybe they should stick to the challenge league for now (not in a mean way, mind, I can understand that life gets in the way of this carefully constructed schedule, but it does throw our divisions off if 2 out of 3 players get a default win on a match.).

Assuming, however, everyone is in for next season, we will be moving the limit up to FIVE of each race, to free up choices for those joining or choosing to reboot. If more than 5/6 people drop out (ideally with differing teams, too) then we'll move that back to 4, but it seems unlikely at the moment, so assume 5 for now. I have updated the sheet accordingly. Remember, team choice will go in order of position in the divisions, so check to see if anyone above you is filling up that 5th slot before selecting it yourself, or you may be disappointed. Hopefully there'll once again be plenty of choices to go around.

I think that's it for now. Let me know if I've missed anything ;-)

/Edit - and hi to both StudentEternal and onestepfromlost! We look forward to your hesitant first steps. You'll most probably be playing other new guys in here rather than the vets at first, so should be a good learning experience for you :-)

President Weasel
05-07-2011, 09:25 AM
I don't think there's much crossover between RPS Holdings Eve players, and RPS Divisions of Death Blood Bowl players, but if there's anyone except me who plays both they will remember Vandron Fuji (and his battle cry "you're a Blood Bowl"). Welcome, old buddy ol' pal.
You might not want to take pro elfs though; they snap like twigs. If you're feeling elfy, high elfs might be available.

ChainsawHands
05-07-2011, 10:47 AM
You might not want to take pro elfs though; they snap like twigs.
Yeah, but super awesome twigs! Best catchers in the game, and arguably the best blitzers too (unless you're counting bastard wardancers as blitzers).

President Weasel
05-07-2011, 10:49 AM
Do they get strength skills on a normal roll, or just general and agility ones?

ChainsawHands
05-07-2011, 10:55 AM
Just general and agility, need doubles for strength.

studenteternal
05-07-2011, 10:56 AM
Thanks! Looking forward to losing against real people :) Also, wanted to say thank you for the time and effort in organizing these.

President Weasel
05-07-2011, 11:12 AM
It's true that after one non-double roll they can have blodge and sidestep, which makes them pretty awesome. But it's hard to give em guard, and as for block/tackle/guard/mighty blow/piling on ... he's a pro elf, he'd be dead before then even if you did get three doubles out of four.
Also you only get two of 'em.

Controversial position alert

Orc blitzers are the best blitzers

/controversial position

Also, if you're going to count wardancers as blitzers, I demand to be allowed to change my answer to "Rat Ogres are the best blitzers". :)

And now I demand to change my answer again, to Minotaurs. They're probably better than Rat Ogres, Alh_P is correct.

alh_p
05-07-2011, 01:32 PM
Also, if you're going to count wardancers as blitzers, I demand to be allowed to change my answer to "Rat Ogres are the best blitzers". :)

I was about to venture that Chaos Minotaurs are ze best at blitzing (St6 blitz, frenzy!) but mine is... not so impressive so far. That said, they've got to be better than a rat ogre on any count, no?

Gorm
05-07-2011, 01:35 PM
Easier to get the Minotaur mutations as well

Cyborg
05-07-2011, 01:35 PM
I am a new player, you could set me up against one of the other new guys in a low division. I don't mind working my way up.

DarkFenix
05-07-2011, 01:44 PM
Don't worry Cyborg, new guys always start at the bottom and need to work their way up. It's possible you'll have a rebooting old-timer in your division, but they'll be using a fresh 1000TV team in that scenario anyway.

The Chaos Minotaur is probably the best at blitzing, the problem is the lack of players to follow up said blitz. The Rat Ogre has an impressive 6MA on a big guy along with prehensile tail in case of sub-par rolls and the Skaven team has those bloody Gutter Runners who are probably the best ball-fetchers after Wardancers. My Stormvermin tended to be left out of the blitzing action quite a lot, courtesy of being easy to tie up and being the obvious ball-snatchers. My RO with juggernaut, break tackle and frenzy proved incredibly difficult to keep away, then once he entered the scrum his prehensile tail promptly made it very difficult for any player, ball carrier or not, to get away.

onestepfromlost
05-07-2011, 02:11 PM
Well the reason I choose elf was according to the googley spreadsheet thingy there was only amazon, norse, elf and the 4 horrible teams left available. Hence i thought elf best of a squishy choice. If other races become available i might chance my choice.

EDIT: oh and youre an elf

President Weasel
05-07-2011, 02:18 PM
They're available - groovy provisionally raised the limit to 5.
The only one that's definitely not available is Chaos. The 5th slot is taken, and if another one comes free I'm grabbing it.

onestepfromlost
05-07-2011, 02:23 PM
Well the other races all look to be filled to 5 already according to that table on the google doc. So might have to be elves. Not that chuffed with being a bunch of effeminate prancing nancys but i will just have to toughen them up!

Vexing Vision
05-07-2011, 02:33 PM
The only races that are filled up, right now, are Wood Elves, Chaos and Skaven.

Go on, my Sirens need more punchy teams to run around, and more elves to kick in the panpipes!

onestepfromlost
05-07-2011, 02:38 PM
IT appears the table was updated today and i was going by the info on the old one. Now to make some decisions.

EDIT: If its ok Id like to chance my race to undead. Much more comfortable with those creaky buggers.

President Weasel
05-07-2011, 03:38 PM
That should be no problem, just stick the race choice down on the spreadsheet. Once the season comes to an end and Groovy sets up the divisions for the next one, he'll let people know if there are any oversubscribed races.

Good team, undead. Did very well in the recent RPS Cup competition.
In fact, according to our empirical testing, Undead and Lizards are tier 1, Orcs are 1.5, Skaven and a couple of others are Tier 2, and every flavour of elf is Tier 3.

Vexing Vision
05-07-2011, 04:49 PM
For the next cup, I'll start with a more classic Woodelf setup. :)

duff
05-07-2011, 04:57 PM
Nah Lizardmen saurus are the best blitzers. MA6, ST4 and with break tackle they can dodge away on a 2+

onestepfromlost
05-07-2011, 05:45 PM
Quick question, Ive checked loads of places on the internet and cant seem to find a solid answer, When it comes to Inducements I have tried the training option a couple of times and all i seem to get are injured players even with cool and light training, Is there any use to it or should i just avoid it like the plague??

Vexing Vision
05-07-2011, 05:50 PM
Training is not a thing that happens in Multiplayer.

In Singleplayer, it's a reaction-based minigame. The intensity of the training determines how much chance you get for a raise, as well as the speed of the bar.

You need to click again before the bar is full, or the player is injured.

This action is not activated in Multiplayer.

onestepfromlost
05-07-2011, 06:56 PM
Ah thanks for clearing that up, that makes a lot more sense now!

Jolima
05-07-2011, 08:51 PM
Groovy: Before you plan out all the promotions you should know that Curvespace said that he was dropping out for next season due to too much other stuff coming up. Also, any chance of us getting to play tomorrow evening? It doesn't affect any promotions, especially if he is dropping out. (Otherwise it could switch second and third place.)

groovychainsaw
05-07-2011, 10:57 PM
If you guys are sure you're playing tomorrow, that should be fine, I'll take curvespace out for next season too.

groovychainsaw
05-07-2011, 11:28 PM
Right, tidying up has begun... All seasons I could finish are finished. Jolima/Curvespace, ininja/sinister agent are on tomorrow night (they'd better be !) as they asked nicely. All other gamers got a 0-0 draw where i could see efforts from both players, cept machinations, who missed the boat once again and loses 2-0. After 2 concessions machinations, I have to check to see if you're still alive, so can you post in here to let us know you're still interested in the next day or two? If not, I'll put you down as a Z.

I'll be sorting out the leagues tomorrow night for promotions/demotions after the last 2 matches. If oyu're thinking of dropping out, it would help me greatly if you could mark it as such right now! Any lurkers, too, its worth signing up now as we should be able to get you in this coming season!

Once again, i think that's it for now. I'll post once the league positions are organised, then we'll just need everyone to apply in-game once again...

/Edit - I've also settled our 'tiebreakers' : Unitled vs snoozer was easy, as snoozer won their game. Jim, Jaytee, Desvergeh was harder and came down to cas/TD difference. In the end, des' casualties taken against JayTee proved too much and saw him end on -6, whilst Jiiim took second with +1. Jaytee took the league with +5! Looking at rebbots/dropouts now, we're likely to get some second places promoted up, too, so don't be disappointed with second, it could get you into the higher divisions yet!

imirk
05-07-2011, 11:28 PM
I Applied for a new spot wif ma boyz da Black Orc Bettys

Copper8642
06-07-2011, 02:43 AM
I'll stick with my current team for now, but I must ask, if we switch races, do we remove ourselves from the spreadsheet and re-enter as a new team, do we have to erase ourselves and then put ourselves back in at the bottom, or what?

potatoedoughnut
06-07-2011, 03:26 AM
My understanding is if you want to reboot you put your new team in {curly brackets} and let the admins move you around to a new division, but yes you'll start back at the bottom of the ladder.

Rakysh
06-07-2011, 07:02 AM
Just posting to emphasis my willingness to sacrifice a load of halflings to Nuffle.

President Weasel
06-07-2011, 09:25 AM
My understanding is if you want to reboot you put your new team in {curly brackets} and let the admins move you around to a new division, but yes you'll start back at the bottom of the ladder.

Yes, this.
You don't move yourself on the spreadsheet, you don't delete yourself and add yourself again. You change your race to your new race in {} (if you check the spreadsheet before Groovy updates it all you'll see my race choice, and Darkfenix's and Duffin's, are all in {})

When Groovy starts tidying things up in preparation for the new season he'll mark their division as R1, R2, R3 etc, and then when the new divisions are made the rerolls will get slotted in just above the new joiners.
I'm hoping I get Darkfenix's no skills, no minotaur, not-enough-rerolls-or-not-enough-Chaos-Warriors, starting chaos team in my new division :)

Alistair Hutton
06-07-2011, 09:34 AM
So I dropped out last season due to building work at my flat, I'm coming back this coming season - I see I'm properly entered on the spreadsheet - just checking that I can come back with my Human team I have been using in previous Division of Death seasons (the famed Guard-tastic Altdorf Army XI)? Or do I have to start again from scratch?

groovychainsaw
06-07-2011, 09:42 AM
Hi al! You can come back with your existing team in this case, you'll likely be up against the rebooters, so be prepared for some inducements against you!

President Weasel
06-07-2011, 11:58 AM
When you say "the rebooters" you mean "I am going to put President Weasel in the same division as Darkfenix's special bus newby chaos team, and put Duffin in with Al, and then Weasel will buy me drinks at the Social". That's what you meant, right?

Screwie
06-07-2011, 12:33 PM
Hmm, it looks like Vampires, Nurgle and (Space) Elves for me next season. Nice to have another Tier 2 team to play against :)

groovychainsaw
06-07-2011, 03:52 PM
@PW - How much beer is it worth? I've got the divisions tentatively laid out now, and I know who you'll be with....

Speaking of which...
@Screwie - you may not be where you were expecting, 4 people dropping out from near the top has had an interesting effect in the lower leagues. If you were in 2nd place, you've probably gone upwards, and the odd 3rd place has ended up going somewhere other than expected....

Vexing Vision
06-07-2011, 04:02 PM
For me, this changes everything!

Instead of battling it out with Lizards and Undead and Dwarfs, I get Orcs, Chaos and Khemri. Hmm. Improvement, this is not. Oh well, time for the ladies to show if they have steel backbones. Literally, that is. Before the games, not after.

President Weasel
06-07-2011, 04:09 PM
I was going to buy you a beer anyway. Let the chips fall where they may!

Screwie
06-07-2011, 04:20 PM
@GC - Yeah, I noticed I'd been shifted from F to E without having done anything to merit it :)

It's like my Gobbos have had a brand new start, and a chance to cover up their meagre performance in the last season. What defeat? What division was that? Amazons?? Never heard of them!

Vexing Vision
06-07-2011, 04:37 PM
Once the Khemri are done with 'em, neither will anyone else. :(

Rakysh
06-07-2011, 04:40 PM
On the bright side, less tackle!

Probably.

Arnisarus
06-07-2011, 04:43 PM
Oh gods not amazons, i hate the stupid woman team, i got no tackle to compensate last season lol!

DarkFenix
06-07-2011, 04:49 PM
Heh, my early focus with Chaos will very much be keeping my head down and getting some skills going on as many players as possible. I don't care about losing horribly in touchdowns, I'll be the one laughing in a few months when 4 Chaos Warriors and a Minotaur with claw, mighty blow, block and a multitude of other nasties start climbing the divisions, not through any skillful play, but by the other team having 5 players left by the end of the first half.

Rakysh
06-07-2011, 05:20 PM
Chaos Warriors have 3 ag. This strikes me as deeply immoral.

Arnisarus
06-07-2011, 05:22 PM
Heh, my early focus with Chaos will very much be keeping my head down and getting some skills going on as many players as possible. I don't care about losing horribly in touchdowns, I'll be the one laughing in a few months when 4 Chaos Warriors and a Minotaur with claw, mighty blow, block and a multitude of other nasties start climbing the divisions, not through any skillful play, but by the other team having 5 players left by the end of the first half.

5 players is plenty for wood elves :D

ChIpStIcK
06-07-2011, 07:48 PM
Sorry organiser people but I'm going to drop out of this month's proceedings. I put a Z next to me on the spreadsheet?

Jiiiiim
06-07-2011, 07:51 PM
Can I ask what the tiebreaker situation was like for division 3? I assume JayTee won on horrendous casualties caused?

President Weasel
06-07-2011, 09:17 PM
Can I ask what the tiebreaker situation was like for division 3? I assume JayTee won on horrendous casualties caused?

you want post #449 mate, previous page.

boots468
06-07-2011, 09:47 PM
Sorry organiser people but I'm going to drop out of this month's proceedings. I put a Z next to me on the spreadsheet?

That's a shame, ChIpStIcK, I enjoyed our game this season, and was looking forward to a re-match some time. Hope to see you back soon!

Curvespace
06-07-2011, 10:10 PM
Hi all,

Well, I finally managed to get my game in, thanks to Jolima's patience and the admin's extension. It's the first gaming session of over 20 minutes (i.e. lunch break) that I've had in about a month (unless you include painful hours of testing stuff at work...). Anyway, it turned out as a 1 - 1 draw, ending me with scoring perhaps my best ever Touchdown. One of those rare moments when a plan (sort of) comes together (ish).

So, as mentioned by Jolima previously, I'm going to have to bow out, at least for now. It's been a wicked 8 or 9 months playing with you guys. Every single opponent has been a pleasure to play (foul) and I've enjoyed every minute of it. Huge thanks to the guys running the league and divisions - you've done a man's job.

To whoever takes my place: Get a bashy team. Avenge my losses and you shall honour my memory...

(P.S. I imagine I probably wouldn't be able to re-enter the league with a TV2200+ team... would I?)

President Weasel
06-07-2011, 10:21 PM
Interesting question. You wouldn't be allowed to swap to a new team and swap back, but you might be able to leave your team in a holding pattern until you come back for it.

Speaking of which, I hope we see you again next season, or the season after that.

Jolima
06-07-2011, 10:45 PM
Yeah, thanks for the game Curvespace. That final TD must have been a good note for you to end on (temporarily I hope).

I got to start with a wizard, a bribe and two babes for inducements. The elves started receiving and I managed to blitz the ball away on the first turn, tried two GFI to get the ball to some safety and got snake eyes on the second roll. The elves recovered the ball and passed it down to a receiver who would have run it out of range except he got a double one of his own (on a dodge? GFI?) and I could claim the ball once more.

I started a slow advance while bashing down as many elves as I could reach. A wardancer blitzed down my carrier thrice. The first two times I could recover it but the last happened with only one turn left to score and two failed hypnotizations followed by a desperate failed 4+ dodge ended my attempts and the half. 0-0

Second half and my drive. I started with putting most of my team to knocking down and fouling the treeman, killing him until the apo saved the day by turning it into a MNG. I pushed on and scored after 4 or 5 turns.

The final drive then: the elves were down to 9 players, the tree was gone and both 4St lineelves remained KO. I set up with a strong line, leaving only two safeties behind. The elves started their turn by picking up the ball with a wardancer and keeping it deep before retreating with every other elf some four or five steps back. I followed up, but one of my vampires felt like a snack, leaving a weekness in the center were he was supposed to have been standing. The elves were soon to exploit it; surging through the hole and passing the ball to the other wardancer. I set up some blocks in the way, but not much to stop a wardancer, she just needed a leap and a GFI. The leap failed.

Instead of just taking hold of the ball and keeping it safe, I tried to get it upfield to make a score of my own. A dodge to set up for that failed after the reroll was wasted on preventing bloodlust and the ball remained on the ground. There was no elf in range to score the next turn but they had one more turn to spare. They reclaimed the ball and covered it rather well in the hands of a wardancer. This was when I remembered the wizard. Lightning bolt on the dancer and: nothing, she dodges it completely. I blitz into the cage and stand next to the wardancer with a vampire but he is blitzed awat the next turn and curvespace can run it in, passing the two needed GFI.

Thanks for the game again Curvespace and hope to play you again.

groovychainsaw
06-07-2011, 11:11 PM
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

Gents, the spreadsheet has now been updated for season 11 - get in there, find out where you're supposed to be, then head in game and apply to the division accordingly (new guys, there's some instructions on the sheet to help you, password for all divisions is 'chainsawed'). We'd ideally like to get season 11 started at some point over this weekend, preferably by saturday night...

Let me know if anything looks seriously off, or I've added you to a division with all the same players as you had last time. Noone should have more than one previous player in their division with them, i think (but its late, and it takes a bit of shuffling!).

Admins, don't accept applications until the above division is filled and accepted (so accept champs first, then A/1, then B/2). This will make it easier if someone fails to show to bump others up. Thats it for now, I'll update as I think of things, but the sheet should be self-explanatory...

potatoedoughnut
06-07-2011, 11:16 PM
mombiushibachi and I were both in Div 5 last season, not that I mind playing him again.

Also, applied!

Jiiiiim
06-07-2011, 11:16 PM
you want post #449 mate, previous page.

Ah, thanks

Must kill more....

onestepfromlost
06-07-2011, 11:21 PM
My league appears not be set up yet divison 8 not appearing in the search in game

EDIT: looking at the time of groovys post it appears i have been a bit hasty :P

ntw
06-07-2011, 11:35 PM
Just trying to get Div8 setup now...

ntw
06-07-2011, 11:38 PM
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

<snip>...Admins, don't accept applications until the above division is filled and accepted (so accept champs first, then A/1, then B/2). This will make it easier if someone fails to show to bump others up. Thats it for now, I'll update as I think of things, but the sheet should be self-explanatory...

Fellow admins - use the Season Status Tab (https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0ApZtTuVnFIbvdDRKQ20yb0N1Zy1FMlcybFFFQ0Vre Xc&authkey=CLqFqKgH&hl=en#gid=26) on the spreadsheet please so we can all see easily where we're at!

Also, when starting a Div - please check the seeding to match the fixtures with the spreadsheet.

/edit - Oh crap, I rejected your app by mistake GC :(

laneford
07-07-2011, 12:10 AM
Applied for the Champs...

to get relegated again.

DarkFenix
07-07-2011, 12:41 AM
Created divisions 8 and H, I had to bugger off but got your messages ntw.

Also, shit, now I have to inspiration-hunt with urgency to create my Chaos team. I find that an altogether more intimidating prospect than actually playing a bone stock Chaos squad.

President Weasel
07-07-2011, 01:45 AM
Talk about a Group of Death: Division 7 is two rebooters who know what they're doing and two rejoiners with developed teams! And we don't even get the satisfaction of beating up on Darkfenix's short bus chaos team, because they're a whole division above us.
Duffin, me, Khyrses, Al Hutton... I was better off in Division B!

Darkfenix, you can't have the 'Red Skull Reavers' but I am willing to delete the "Apologetic Murderers" if you'd like to use the team name. I had envisaged chaosing my way through the divisions, murdering people and then typing "sorry" :)

imirk
07-07-2011, 01:58 AM
Also, shit, now I have to inspiration-hunt with urgency to create my Chaos team. I find that an altogether more intimidating prospect than actually playing a bone stock Chaos squad.

Fashion them after the noise marines and Hair Metal personalities?

Cyborg
07-07-2011, 03:15 AM
I created my group of Elven miscreants and sent in my application.

studenteternal
07-07-2011, 05:07 AM
My bunch of rats are as ready as they are going to get, applied to league 8 :)

Gorm
07-07-2011, 05:59 AM
My vamps have applied to div 6

Rakysh
07-07-2011, 07:16 AM
The slightly lost Potholers are applied to div G. I can only hope I get to play the norse/orcs before they sprout mighty blow everywhere like a nasty, halfling-destroying rash.

mrpier
07-07-2011, 07:16 AM
Looks like I managed to stay up in Div. B so nothing to do for me, yay. It also looks like div 2 and b will be the bash-divisions this season, chaos, nurgle and necromantic might all have claw in them which could make things hard for my dwarfs.

Nullkigan
07-07-2011, 07:28 AM
I have Zoraster again? Those blasted politicians just won't die!

Vexing Vision
07-07-2011, 09:15 AM
Oh. Division D? Wasn't I already speed-promoted to 5 after Division E faltered in season 10.

Just seems a bit high, but who am I to complain? I get a replay against the Mice, with hopefully more broken rat-bones and less foolish actions ending in a draw!

Hi KayD. Mice to see you again. :D

groovychainsaw
07-07-2011, 09:51 AM
I know, I know, some of the 'promotions' get a little silly towards the bottom divisions, due to the drop-outs etc. (and further dropouts will make it harder/sillier still!). In my defence, all the positions were set on points earned in your division, for the most part, promotions and demotions were done first, then the next best players from the two sides were moved up. It was only once down to div 4/D I started to have to fill in from lower than 2nd place in the division below. I tried to stop anyone seeing more than 1 other player again (for me, I get to see Phill again, hope your lizards haven't got any more block on them this time around!), which involved a couple of swaps across from the letter ladder to the number ladder (and vice-versa). It does at least give people an incentive to fight for 2nd place in every season, as that could be enough to get you promoted at the end of a given season!

mootpoint
07-07-2011, 10:03 AM
OUCH! Nurgle, Chaos and Humans against my poor Halflings, this is going to be the Bloody Mushy Season of Mass Death I suspect. Applying as soon as I get home!

Vexing Vision
07-07-2011, 10:11 AM
Well, at least that decides the question of Mighty Blow vs Tackle for my Blitzers if I have to chase down Gutter Runners twice in a row.

LowKey
07-07-2011, 10:12 AM
it is on till the break of dawn

or something

DarkFenix
07-07-2011, 12:01 PM
Woo, bad pun time, Khellogg's Khorneflakes are created. Time to populate the team with 11 cereal killers (sorry).

Vexing Vision
07-07-2011, 12:02 PM
Woo, bad pun time, Khellogg's Khorneflakes are created. Time to populate the team with 11 cereal killers (sorry).

*slow clap*

Screwie
07-07-2011, 12:04 PM
Undead, Necro AND Khemri? Feck :/

DarkFenix
07-07-2011, 12:17 PM
Could be worse, a few seasons back I got Undead, Undead, Khemri. Though much to my amusement my rat ogre killed one of the mummies.