PDA

View Full Version : RPS Blood Bowl League - The many, many Divisions of Death!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

Prester John
13-05-2012, 10:11 AM
Ladies and Gentlement, gutterskink has levelled up. Currently he has +Move, +Agility and Diving Tackle. He rolled a double. I can think of at least thirty skils I'd like to give him, including Pass, Pass Block, Sure Hands, Block, Strip Ball, Wrestle, Guard and Leap. Whaddya reckon.

Sounds like a TV hog, retirement is surely the only option at this point?

Squiz
13-05-2012, 10:42 AM
Orcs have an AV advantage which should translate to more injuries to the WElves. That i think is in theory enough for you to win the Blocking war. Damage seemed prety even though which left me on the board with the more tangible advantages of speed and agility (skills seeming pretty even).I would say the team which throws more blocks wins the blocking war. High armor protects against injuries (in theory) but doesn't help you get rid of your opponent. Which is exactly what is needed against Welfs.

mrpier
13-05-2012, 10:50 AM
Block imho, make him a ballcarrier and then sidestep/leap. Shadowing could have been a good option, but with +AG he's too valuable for marking duties. Leap would make him even better for one turn TD attempts and general being a dick to stop scoring.

Rakysh
13-05-2012, 01:38 PM
I demand you give him Leap. It's the best skill ever.

Zoraster
13-05-2012, 02:18 PM
Leap is a total waste on a player who can dodge anywhere on a 2+. You'll only ever consider using it when DT is pinning you which is waaay to situational for my tastes.

Kapouille
13-05-2012, 03:20 PM
Thanks for the delightful match to Kapouille! He kept remarkably good humor despite the utter evisceration of his team, and was a perfectly pleasant opponent. The Fruitcakes actually made it with remarkably few lasting injuries, just a single Damaged Back; but they had 9, count 'em, 9 injuries by the end of the match. While I lost one deeply beloved yet easily replaceable zombie.

Thanks a lot for the writeup somanyrobots. It's been a pleasure being trampled by you!

Although I agree that we consistently get few long lasting injuries, it kinda balances the fact that we do get a lot of them, quite a bit above the odds :S

I'd like to point out that it was a HALFLING getting the kill. Not only that, but he also got promoted to level 3 in the process... I never expected to see a halfling live long enough to get there. Awesome!

Everblue
13-05-2012, 04:02 PM
Hi there
Just to let you know I was going to start in your league as Undead, but I'd like to change to Chaos if you don't mind. I've updated the Season Info tab of the spreadsheet.

I just wasn't really getting into the Undead playstyle at all, and I'd rather play a team I understand a bit better. The team is called Doomdark's Revenge, with all the players named after characters from the old Spectrum game Lords of Midnight.

Looking forward to meeting some of you when the season starts. Cheers

EB

President Weasel
13-05-2012, 04:29 PM
Leap is a total waste on a player who can dodge anywhere on a 2+. You'll only ever consider using it when DT is pinning you which is waaay to situational for my tastes.

Surely not "anywhere": if you're dodging a player into 3 tackle zones, like you would need to if you want to get into an unbroken cage, surely you'd need more than 2+?

Interesting that there's a free chaos slot; I remember it being very hard to get one when I wanted to move back to chaos after being stuck in Division B for so many seasons with the dark elves.
That hasn't happened to me with chaos though, no siree! Instead, I've been stuck for several seasons in Division 2 instead, which is completely different because it's numbers.

laneford
13-05-2012, 04:50 PM
Surely not "anywhere": if you're dodging a player into 3 tackle zones, like you would need to if you want to get into an unbroken cage, surely you'd need more than 2+?

Stunteeeeeeeeeeee

El Cubo
13-05-2012, 05:12 PM
Stunteeeeeeeeeeee

Gutter Runners are awesome but they ain't stunty.

Rakysh
13-05-2012, 05:15 PM
I drew with Deekyfun 2-2, meaning that the second place in division E goes down to TD difference, I believe. It was definitely a game of two halves, with two blitz events for me in the first and then four consecutive sure-hands failures in the second. I've done the spreadsheet. Deekyfun was excellent to play against, a true gentleman and a scholar.

Zoraster
13-05-2012, 05:21 PM
Gutter Runners are awesome but they ain't stunty.

Very true... but we are talking about a Skink :D

Dentharial
13-05-2012, 05:27 PM
Thanks for the write-up, I have to disagree with that last sentence though. Still, I am unsure why the game went as badly as it did. My positioning surely needs some work but that alone wouldn't be enough to explain the sucky result.

While I'm far from the most experienced coach here, IMO this could be exactly the problem. Elves (and especially Wood Elves) don't need to be given much of an advantage in order to score. If you leave them an opening, even if it's small, and even if it's for a short time, they will immediately score.

This is why the optimal strategy is to murderkill them. The less of them on the pitch, the less chance there'll be a couple standing nearby to take advantage of any mistake you give them.

President Weasel
13-05-2012, 05:27 PM
Stunteeeeeeeeeeee

OMG that player is SUPER AWESOME!
Somehow you must give it block and dauntless!

El Cubo
13-05-2012, 06:16 PM
Very true... but we are talking about a Skink :D

I didn't read past the gutter. Holy crap, that player's even more awesome.

Jiiiiim
13-05-2012, 06:25 PM
I have narrowed it down to block, strip ball, pass block and accurate. Each of those allows me to do something that I can't currently do very well. This is surprisingly difficult.

Squiz
13-05-2012, 07:14 PM
While I'm far from the most experienced coach here, IMO this could be exactly the problem. Elves (and especially Wood Elves) don't need to be given much of an advantage in order to score. If you leave them an opening, even if it's small, and even if it's for a short time, they will immediately score.

This is why the optimal strategy is to murderkill them. The less of them on the pitch, the less chance there'll be a couple standing nearby to take advantage of any mistake you give them.Of course this is sound advise. BUT. You can't always achieve a perfect defense, because 1. Welfs are faster than you, 2. Welfs have AG4, 3. (a combination of 1.&2.) Welfs can pick their fights. Throw in a few Dodges on the positional players and then the Wardancers and you've got a very potent mix of a team which doesn't have to be afraid of many opponents below ~1600TV.

But yes, the positional game probably was the biggest issue after all.

NieA7
13-05-2012, 07:58 PM
I have narrowed it down to block, strip ball, pass block and accurate. Each of those allows me to do something that I can't currently do very well. This is surprisingly difficult.

Shadowing might be quite fun with Mv9 and diving tackle (sidestep to follow).

potatoedoughnut
13-05-2012, 08:01 PM

I'd look at what skills you want to give him next.

I'd probably give him block as it's all around good and makes him more annoying with his DT. You can give him SS next and he'll be super annoying/mobile and hard to knock down. And if he gets another double you can give him strip ball and he can deball the opposition easily. However, this does not take advantage of his +agi.

Another option would be to give him pass block and then jump up to make him super extra mobile. I don't have much experience with pass block, but it seems good. Sprint may also be worthwhile with this build.

A more TD focused option would be accurate and diving catch to make him an excellent middleman for going the length of the pitch in 1 turn.

I think shadowing is another good option to go with the Diving Tackle, but again it doesn't take advantage of his +agi, and you'd probably want block over this anyway.

Vexing Vision
13-05-2012, 08:58 PM
So my Sirens just happened to Alethron's Lembas-eaters in the Champs Division.

Not only have I scored my first ever interception against a safe-throwing High Elf team, I also consistently outbashed the elves into the ground and beyond. Although most injuries and KOs (on both sides) came from failed dodges, which resulted in at least three of the six injuried high elves.

It was that kind of game.

I didn't even get to use my Wizard. There wasn't a single opportunity to do so.

So while I'm still waving my goodbyes to the Championship this season (I think), at least I managed to get a wincingly satisfying 3-0 under the glaring sun against Alethron.

potatoedoughnut
13-05-2012, 09:24 PM
So while I'm still waving my goodbyes to the Championship this season (I think), at least I managed to get a wincingly satisfying 3-0 under the glaring sun against Alethron.

I'm still waiting for a chunk of time for a writeup but Jiiiiim and I played our match yesterday to a 3-3 draw. It was a pretty fantastic game, so I'll save the details for the full report.

Glad you were able to maim some elves VV :)

Heliocentric
13-05-2012, 09:31 PM
I didn't even get to use my Wizard. There wasn't a single opportunity to do so.
Poppycock!
See an elf? Burn him with fire! (lightning might be more practical, but BBQ elf is tastier)

DeekyFun
13-05-2012, 09:43 PM
Dandy-Lions vs The Phantom Menace

The Dandy's last game of the season was every bit as inconsistent as could be expected. Consistent in its inconsistency, even. We approached the field tired and battered, having faced two Khemri Sides, and now faced an unknown quantity in a Necromantic Team. Half of the Dandy-Lions had never even heard of a necromantic team, and the other half had lied about knowing them.

The Dandy-Lions lined up, ready to face their opponents. Ah. Werewolves, eh? And a couple of guys that look like Sloth from the Goonies. Right. More bashing then.

We won the toss and elected to receive, hoping to rely on our standard tactic of scoring first and thinking about everything else later. This didn't exactly play out as expected as my team was catch napping on the kick off, and the Rakysh charged first, blitzing my surprised thrower before the ball had even landed. His (apparently quite speedy) Werewolf was able to effortlessly pick up the ball and casually stroll over the touchline for a very quick Touchdown.

Lesson 1: Werewolves are speedy.

Okay, second time lucky. The Lions set up again, and this time we were able to begin play without half the team being asleep. Unfortunately the other half appeared to have dozed off in the meantime , as Rakysh's team again caught my thrower before he could make that killer pass he was searching for, his Wolf again knocking him off his feet. The Lions attempted a half-hearted defence which failed and the Phantom Menace found themselves two up and looking comfortable.

Lesson 2: Werewolves are really speedy.

It wasn't looking good - My third attempt at a drive went a little better, in that it didn't end in a touchdown against, but the Lions were unable to make anything of it bar some successful blocking and the half ended 2 - 0 to Rakysh.

I will freely admit this was starting to look like it might end very badly. Consigned to defeat, and starting the half on the defence, the Lions thoughts were primarily of trying to stop any further scoring. Then it began to rain, and our luck changed. The Lions kicked off and Rakysh failed to pick up the ball, giving me the momentum. Our line kept steady, keeping the Menace off balance and letting the slippery ball do it's work. Eventually we managed the ball popped out of the developing ruck and into the path of my Elven Blitzer, who scooped it up and ran it into touch. 2 -1. Oh, this seems good, I thought to myself. If it keeps raining, perhaps I can make something of this.

I kick-off. It immediately stops raining. I must stop thinking to myself.

Some more luck gives the Dandy-Lions the edge in defence again. The scrum line, who's work was largely excellent all match, kept the slow moving zombies tied up, and two players are given man-marking duties on the Werewolf, to keep him out of mischief. My Elves slowly move to surround the cage Rakysh has built, and makes him make a risky run on the wing, the ball carrier tripping up and the ball landing in the hands of a surprised Elf. With a lot of their players tied up with markers, The Phantom Menace are unable to stop the ball carrier handing off one of the linesmen, who pegs it upfield and away from any would-be assailants. Almost no time left in the half, and the Lions make it 2-2, which is the final score.

The game was very enjoyable. I thought we were done at half-time, looking pretty damn awful, but we had a bit of good luck on the counter attack, which I can't say happens very often for my team. I normally can't get the ball off the opponents, which is presumably the first step of any good counter attack strategy.

Vexing Vision
13-05-2012, 11:53 PM
Poppycock!
See an elf? Burn him with fire! (lightning might be more practical, but BBQ elf is tastier)

My 'zones were particularly bloodthirsty that day. There just weren't enough elves left standing, and he did get the last turn from my kick-off, which meant I couldn't random-fry something.

Also, I felt a bit sorry.

potatoedoughnut
14-05-2012, 07:00 AM
Monopole Magnates (Liz, Jiiiiim) 3 - 3 Clone High (Nec, potatoedoughnut)

Jim and I played a pretty awesome match for the final day in the Championship division. This is the 1st match I've played which received the (completely arbitrary) 20/20 match rating in game, so yeah, that's a thing.

A play by play then my thoughts follow:

To start I induce a wizard and a bribe and set up to kick. The first kickoff event is a pitch invasion which stuns a wight and a skink. The lizards then set about using their freak strength to bash up some zombies, KOing one. My game starts off with a flop as one of my first actions, a 3+ dodge w/ skill reroll, fails and I'm in a pretty bad position.

The lizards keep punching things and are clear to score by turn 3. They injure a zombie and run in the first TD without delay.

1 - 0 Lizards turn 3

I set up to try and punch the 3 str 5 bastards Jiiiiim has, but a perfect defense on the kick makes it a bit harder. A wolf blitzes a skink near the side and injures it (BH). The lizards press in and I just can't get anything done with all the strength he has, so I dodge the wolf away from his marker and into the endzone, blitz a hole, and make a pass to tie things up.

1 - 1 Necro turn 4

The lizards are not impressed with the elfball from the necros and KO two zombies and easily punch through the necros. They set up a wolf proof screen (trying to brute force dodge through it fails miserably) and score again in pretty short order.

2 - 1 Lizards turn 7

After setting up a wolf blitzes up the side again and KOs a new skink in the same spot as the old skink. I misremember how many turns I have left and am not able to score after the Lizards trounce the wolf. I am, however, able to BH gutterskink with a foul, but it apo'd and he gets back up for the 2nd half.

I set up again after halftime and am hoping to make a hole in the lizards again. The saurus pile into the middle and I'm quickly in a bad position. I use my wizard to make a hole and run the ball carrying ghoul forward with a golem, 2 wolves, and 2 wights. I think I'm in a pretty ok position with most of the lizard players screened behind me.

The lizards disagree however and punch a hole in the screen managing to stun a wight and wolf and put several TZ on the ballcarrier. I immediately fail a 3+ dodge (w/ skill reroll) for the second time this game and the lizards easily clean up my players then make the pickup, a pass, and score again.

3 - 1 Lizards turn 12

Disheartened I set up and my wolf again blitzes a skink in the same position on the side and again gets a KO. The lizards swarm the necros around midfield and KO another zombie. I'm again in a bad position with not much I can do to clear the lizards so I again go for elfball and repeat the earlier play: dodge away the wolf, run up w/ ghoul, pass, score.

3 - 2 Necro turn 14

With three turns to go nuffle decided to have a bit of a laugh. The kick lands in the lizard endzone, another pitch invasion downs the krox and a saurus, and the sure hands skinks fails the pickup. The ball is tossed back in in the middle of the lizard half of the pitch. I run back my wolves and do my best to mark up the rest of the lizards. Jiiiiim manages to get a tackle saurus on one wolf and the krox (w/ tail) on the other before messing with the ball. This time he makes the pickup, but then fails a GFI with reroll.

The ball is now sitting next to gutterskink (with diving tackle). The sequence of events is as follows: dodge away from krox (4+), blitz the skink (frenzy pushes, then knocks down), pick up the ball, and then make two GFIs into the endzone to tie the game with one turn left. All without a reroll (none left).

3 - 3 Necro turn 16

Jiiiiim sets up for a one turn TD and manages to get the required pushes to push his skink forward (I should learn how to do this someday), but the kickoff event changed the weather to very sunny (-1 passing) and this combined with stunty fumbles the pass to end the game.

-----------------

This was a pretty amazing game. Going into it I was quite intimidated by the crazy amounts of Str and skills on the Saurus and the annoying skills on the skinks. With lots of block, tackle, and diving tackle Jiiiiim's team pretty well countered how I had built my necros (with lots of blodge and sidestep) and I didn't have nearly enough str and guard to compete with 4 Str 4 players and 3 Str 5 players.

The dice were weird for both of us. Both our rolls were above average, but we both had strings of failures at critical points in the game. Also Jiiiiim's armour die were amazing. He managed to break armour on 49% of his knockdowns, and while no one was permenantly injured I was a couple players down early in each drive and constantly had players stunned, which further amplified my str deficit. I did manage to keep injuring skinks, but there were plenty of subs.

I had pretty much given up after I used up my wizard and Jiiiiim was able to score a defensive TD, but some crazy elfball and then some back luck for the lizards let me equalize the scores.

It was a crazy game, I look forward to playing again next season :)

Squiz
14-05-2012, 07:33 AM
Sounds like a really amazing game. Any chance one of you guys putting up the replay file?

Screwie
14-05-2012, 10:47 AM
Sounds an awesome match. This part intrigues me:

Jiiiiim sets up for a one turn TD and manages to get the required pushes to push his skink forward (I should learn how to do this someday), but the kickoff event changed the weather to very sunny (-1 passing) and this combined with stunty fumbles the pass to end the game.

What kind of pushing formation is this? All I can imagine is Blitzing the LoS from the side, pushing an enemy onto your side of the LoS, then pushing him again from the side chain-pushing down the line until the Skink on the end gets the option to move diagonally into the opposing half. Something like that?

ChainsawHands
14-05-2012, 11:19 AM
Yeah, that's it. It's easiest with MV10 / MV9+sprint:

abc

where abc's the enemy LOS, 12345 are your players, and you're blitzing c diagonally from the *. Push c back onto 2, then 2 onto 1, and push1 diagonally up into the enemy half. Doing it with lower MV is similar, but you then need to push c about some more (and have more guys in place to allow more chainpushing.

You can do it with MV6 (http://bbtactics.com/mv6-one-turn-touchdown/), but sadly the diagrams on that page are broken so it's not easy to see how. ;-)

potatoedoughnut
14-05-2012, 03:44 PM
Sounds like a really amazing game. Any chance one of you guys putting up the replay file?

Replay is up on BBmanager.

Also, CH your formatting is a bit off. I think the forum ignores leading whitespace. The * should be up and to the right of 'c'.

ChainsawHands
14-05-2012, 03:51 PM
Indeed it should. And was when I wrote it...

...*
abc

Where the dots are empty squares.

Screwie
14-05-2012, 04:07 PM
This is interesting. And then if you had (or moved) a 7 to the left of the 4 and an 8 to the left of the 1 (6 being the blitzer), you could follow up blocking c with 3 and push 1 another square deeper into the other half...

_____6
_ABC _ _ _ _ _

1AB6 _ _ _ _ _
82C3

2AB6 _ _ _ _ _
8C3

Then dodge away (or let 2 shove a out the way) and you're clear.

EDIT: Oops, or not even that!

_2AB6 _ _ _ _ _
_8C3
_745

Already clear.

Squiz
14-05-2012, 04:07 PM
Replay is up on BBmanager. Also, CH your formatting is a bit off. I think the forum ignores leading whitespace. The * should be up and to the right of 'c'.*checks spreadsheet* Oh, of course. Sorry, I still haven't used BBmanager yet and wasn't aware of that.

potatoedoughnut
14-05-2012, 06:17 PM
*checks spreadsheet* Oh, of course. Sorry, I still haven't used BBmanager yet and wasn't aware of that.

It's pretty neat. I like to check all the rolls to see if I was really getting bad rolls or if I was just playing poorly (or both). For this game I was surprised at the number of armour breaks Jiiiiim got.

Jiiiiim
14-05-2012, 06:28 PM
http://fumbbl.com/help:ChaosOTT

If you click that you'll get how I tend to set up for one-turner attempts and a step-by-step guid. Frenzy or Grab and lots of guard make your life easier, as does lots of move and agility. Still yet to achieve it but I've been damn close a couple times now.

I think for armour breaks, I do have a big chunk of mighty blow but yeah on the whole my punches were good. I was overall pleased with how we played and I suppose if I'd been ultra-cautious I would have just covered the ball in the last two turns rather than going for yet another touchdown. I felt the match deserved it though.

cyberpunkdreams
14-05-2012, 06:36 PM
Well, down in Div 8... something happened between me and MrJoose. I'm not sure quite what. I do now realise that sidestep is the most annoying skill ever to hit the astrogranite.

potatoedoughnut
14-05-2012, 07:15 PM
I think for armour breaks, I do have a big chunk of mighty blow but yeah on the whole my punches were good. I was overall pleased with how we played and I suppose if I'd been ultra-cautious I would have just covered the ball in the last two turns rather than going for yet another touchdown. I felt the match deserved it though.

I was surprised you didn't stall with any of your earlier touchdowns. In general I was in no position to really threaten the ball, much less make it safe. Also one of the DT skinks with the tackle saurus would have made it much harder to get the wolf to the endzone.

Janek
14-05-2012, 07:37 PM
Jim doesn't really "do" stalling. He is Captain Adventurous.

Jiiiiim
14-05-2012, 07:37 PM
I have a theory that ultra-aggressive play is better rewarded than cautious advance. Comparing this season's results and touchdown tallies to last time...it seems to have worked so far.

Wolfenswan
14-05-2012, 07:51 PM
1-1 against mrpier's rats.

What i wanted to be a 2-1 grind turned into a turn 8 TD for the rats because yet again initial bad rolls for my opponent let me get cocky and overly aggressive. After a short clusterfuck around the LOS a gutter runner broke through and stalled at the TD line. My attempts to even the field a bit (having already received 2 injuries and 1 KO) by fouling a gutter runner with 5+ assists didn't really work out.

The second half didn't look bright either, with my bloody thrower yet again failing the pickup w. a reroll and three of his gutter runners breaking through and even picking up the ball. Luckily my (fresh) tackle/wrestle lino was free and bashed the ball carrier into the ground, gaining me my first injury of the match. Being in a precarious position i decided it was time for some delightful elfball. This time my thrower managed to pick up the pigskin from between two tackle zones and pass it over long distance to the free standing ST4 carrier who was already halfway across the field.

What followed was a lesson in rat surfing with me decimating his crew up until only 1 lino, 1 thrower and 1 rat ogre was left. The latter I had tried to surf as well but he decided to go down right next to the line instead, where he stayed for the rest of the match thanks to Wild Animal. Despite that massive surfing I only managed a single injury (not even a KO) and that came from a linerat failing a dodge.

I'm quite happy about the draw I managed but if I'm right that means the casualties and passes will decide who gets promoted.
And what are the chances of not seeing a single injury or KO when surfing 8 7-8 AV players....

mrpier
14-05-2012, 08:13 PM
I think it comes down to who wins of zoraster and wiskheytangofox if I understand the promotion-rules correctly. You won against wtf and I won against zor, so if wtf wins his last game, then you get promoted (since you won against the next-next best team in the div.) if zor wins then I get promoted, if they draw then it is decided by cas-td difference or maybe I'm just making things up.

And yeah, lots of rat-surfing in div. 3 today, I think I might have become too cavalier with their lives at this point, but I really wanted you to score fast so I could get a shot at scoring another TD. I'm not sure throwing all those rats into the grinder was the best option though. 2 MNG's for and I don't think I got any skill ups either. Best moment of the match epic-dodge GR, with around six dodges in various tacklezones, dodges at last into three tacklezones to get a three dice against block on the ballcarrier that almost succeds in crowdsurfing him, only almost though, but it was a fantastic 2 seconds watching him run.

potatoedoughnut
14-05-2012, 09:25 PM
I have a theory that ultra-aggressive play is better rewarded than cautious advance. Comparing this season's results and touchdown tallies to last time...it seems to have worked so far.

I think this depends on your race. Lizards have an advantage of both being able to score quickly (easy for them to score multiple times in a half compared to say, orcs) and also being able to smash apart cages with their str so the other team can't just play keep away for a 2-1 grind.

I think for a quick team not stalling and hoping for high scores is a good strategy. Playing a slower or less agile team I'm not so sure.

Zoraster
14-05-2012, 09:31 PM
I think it comes down to who wins of zoraster and wiskheytangofox if I understand the promotion-rules correctly. You won against wtf and I won against zor, so if wtf wins his last game, then you get promoted (since you won against the next-next best team in the div.) if zor wins then I get promoted, if they draw then it is decided by cas-td difference or maybe I'm just making things up.

And that final game won't happen due to the time zone difference. Had to be played at the weekend but we failed to schedule. So admins feel free to finalise Div 3. It is done and dusted for the season.

Screwie
14-05-2012, 09:52 PM
Div 4: Rakish Rodents (Skaven, iNinja) vs Dread Pool (Dark Elves, me)

So what difference does a Heartripper make? http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc82/spuffpuppy/Blood%20Bowl/BloodBowlLegendary_2012-05-14_21-15-29_001t.jpg (http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc82/spuffpuppy/Blood%20Bowl/BloodBowlLegendary_2012-05-14_21-15-29_001.jpg)
(Click for full screengrab)

Actually most of those weren't his, but this was a pretty gorey match. I received and deliberately stalled to ensure minimal chances for iNinja to equalise. It was working out well, but then Cyanide. >:(

The game DCed on the Turn 16 kickoff. >:(

Final score: 2-1 to the Pool

Although the game has not registered our match, iNinja and I agree the above screenshot is indicative of the final score. Can some lovely admin overlord please mark it down as such?

As for casualties... in the extremely likely event that our division is decided on a tiebreaker this season, can these casualties still count? (I also took a screengrab of my own dug out, but apparently Cyanide can't even get that right as wherever it is, it isn't on my hard drive.) In total I had suffered 1 casualty while iNinja suffered 7, numbers iNinja can confirm.

In summary: Cyanide!!!

ntw
14-05-2012, 10:39 PM
DivD ends with a nailbiting finish, full write-up to follow. Gratz to Karandraz on promotion.

Also - OOPS! I accidentally ended the season for DivD.

Alistair Hutton
15-05-2012, 10:19 AM
Stop sharing super secret one turn touchdown knowledge! That's my entire game plan at the moment!

Screwie
15-05-2012, 10:49 AM

Honestly I very much agree with this notion. Against almost any team, I will score as soon as I am able. I'll aim for multiple touchdowns instead of securing the win by stalling, because if nothing else my team gets more growth out of it.

It's only recently that I've taken to stalling in my games at all, and I'm still not completely comfortable with doing it.

Squiz
15-05-2012, 11:24 AM
In my opinion it depends on whether you have trust in your defensive play. If you can stop the enemy from scoring then by all means, push that ball into the endzone as often as you can during your drive. If not, better stall a few turns as long as it is safe.

20phoenix
15-05-2012, 01:14 PM
In my opinion it depends on whether you have trust in your defensive play. If you can stop the enemy from scoring then by all means, push that ball into the endzone as often as you can during your drive. If not, better stall a few turns as long as it is safe.

I avoid this issue entirely by playing free scoring races where my main aim is to score as early and as fast as possible before my team ends up in the injury box!

I'm also much appreciating the one turn touchdown information - i've never seen it done and always wanted to know how - since my RPS team is Skaven I think this will be very beneficial :)

Squiz
15-05-2012, 01:22 PM
I'm also much appreciating the one turn touchdown information - i've never seen it done and always wanted to know how - since my RPS team is Skaven I think this will be very beneficial :)Just keep in mind that 1TTDs are a doubled-edged sword. Often, coaches develop one special guy that is tailored to scoring this way. That means that you've got a lot of SPPs tied to that one player, who only will see the pitch on your own drive. Then that guy will do a lot of TDs and therefore tie up even more SPPs. Also, there are defensive setups that make scoring 1TTD much harder, so more often than not it becomes a real gamble trying.

On the other hand it allows you a desperation move and/or that one chance to turn a game around in the last second.

Screwie
15-05-2012, 01:37 PM
Of all teams, Skaven and Wood Elves can make the most of it. Having players with MA 11* out of the box means you don't need to specialise a player to achieve it. Although you can specialise to make it easier, if you want. I'd probably take Pro to assist the GFI rolls and elsewhere.

Most other teams will need to at least grab Sprint first - and suddenly you have a specialised 1TTD scorer on your hands.

(*Just looking at the 2-push variant.)

Vexing Vision
15-05-2012, 02:04 PM
Most other teams will need to at least grab Sprint first - and suddenly you have a specialised 1TTD scorer on your hands.

Who then fails EVERY TIME to receive the ball. EVERY TIME.

I've been trying this with a Naggaroth Human Team I am playing occasionally. No more 1TTD-attempts for me.

Screwie
15-05-2012, 02:17 PM
Pro, bro. Pro. :P

Actually, I kinda want to make an all-Pro team and try it out. Not sure which race though.

ChainsawHands
15-05-2012, 02:19 PM

Actually, I kinda want to make an all-Pro team and try it out. Not sure which race though.Has to be pro-elf.

Squiz
15-05-2012, 02:27 PM

Actually, I kinda want to make an all-Pro team and try it out. Not sure which race though.Vampires? Half the team should get Pro anyway.

potatoedoughnut
15-05-2012, 04:21 PM
Honestly I very much agree with this notion. Against almost any team, I will score as soon as I am able. I'll aim for multiple touchdowns instead of securing the win by stalling, because if nothing else my team gets more growth out of it.

It's only recently that I've taken to stalling in my games at all, and I'm still not completely comfortable with doing it.

Like I said it depends on the team. If you're khemri up against elfs with 2 turns left and the ball safe you're better off stalling for a couple turns then scoring at the end of the half. If you score immediately the chances of you recovering the ball and scoring in 2 turns is much much smaller than the possibility of the elves slipping through your defense and scoring, even if you're confident in your defense.

Also if you've managed to KO a lot of players it can be beneficial to stall in order to only give 1 chance for KO rolls before the half instead of 2. Of course this goes the other way if you're the one with lots of KOs.

Screwie
15-05-2012, 04:23 PM
Has to be pro-elf.

I was thinking some kind of elf. Pro are okay but lacking in many basic survival skills like Block or Dodge... Wood Elf and Dark Elf may be best of the elves, although I've played both those teams a lot already.

Generally I'm looking for a ball-handling team with a decent splattering of Block/Dodge. Amazon or Skaven teams might do nicely.

Vampires? Half the team should get Pro anyway.

Or Vamps! Although they lack positionals and I would have to Pro up al the Thralls too, otherwise it would just look like a regular Vamp team.

ChainsawHands
15-05-2012, 04:32 PM
I was thinking some kind of elf. Pro are okay but lacking in many basic survival skills like Block or Dodge... Wood Elf and Dark Elf may be best of the elves, although I've played both those teams a lot already.Have you *seen* pro-elf catchers? And blitzers? But really I just meant because I'm pro pro on pro-elfs...

Screwie
15-05-2012, 04:43 PM
I'm not denying they are good players! Really I want to have some Dodge or Block out of the box so I can take a chance on Pro at level 2 instead of 3 or 4.

Heliocentric
15-05-2012, 04:51 PM
I'm not sure if dark elves are full but it's hard to argue with 4 ag 4 blockers with agility access.

But TBH I'd be wary of taking too many of the AV7 players at first, the AV8 linemen still have GA access and ag4.

ntw
15-05-2012, 05:23 PM
Aggressive Negotiation (Lizardmen, Karandraz) vs Insert Witty Team Name He{re} (Skaven, ntw)

Aggressive Negotiation (AN) bring a 540TV advantage to the game, that's more than a third of the entire TV for Insert Witty Team Name He{re} (IWNTH). Incentives were invested in Morg and a bribe in a desperate attempt to nullify the horrifying wall of Lizard-flesh and hopefully capitalise on the limited number of DinoSubs (1 IIRC). However IWTNH only needed to hold on to a draw to secure the Division D win and promotion to DivC - you can already guess how this is going to end, can't you...

AN wins the toss and elect to kick, IWTNH knock a Saurus to the ground and line up a 4 Rat gang foul which has no effect, while sending Runners through into the AN backfield and dropping the Thrower back, in response AN push the scrimmage line forward slightly. This is basically repeated for a few turns until AN see an opportunity and Blitz (with 2 GFI's) to put a Saurus TZ on the Thrower. The Rat Thrower responds by failing to dodge (with a reroll) and dropping the ball, AN fail to recover the ball though and the Thrower gets a chance to redeem himself. He gets the ball, runs over to the sideline, goes for an easy pass up the line to a waiting ManRunner, and fumbles the ball, dropping it so it bounces off the pitch. The crowd throw it back on, near the IWTNH goal line, with a Skink waiting nearby.

Aggressive Negotiation 1-0 Insert Witty Team Name He

IWTNH try again with the same basic plan, once again AN abuse GFIs to get TZs on the Thrower, once again the Rat Thrower responds by failing to dodge (with a reroll). Luckily the ball bounces into the waiting hands of a GutterRunner who hands it back to the Thrower next turn to run upfield and launch a short pass to a waiting ManRunner (it's a GutterRunner, but WITH THE STRENGTH OF A MAN!). ManRunner takes the easy score and scuttles over the line to end the half.

Aggressive Negotiation 1-1 Insert Witty Team Name He

AN receive, cage up and start to rumble forwards, but they forget to allow for the frankly ridiculous MA of the GutterRunners and the cage is left open at back for a blitz to knock down the ball carrying Skink. A few turns of tussling over the ball follow before a ManRunner manages to grab it, but is unable to get to safety. AN tackle the ballcarrier and two waiting Skinks quickly grab the ball and trot it over the line.

Aggressive Negotiation 2-1 Insert Witty Team Name He

Back to "Plan A" for IWTNH, Morg batters a hole, Runners run through, Thrower hangs back. AN rumble forward and once again show they are Nuffle's chosen sons by double GFI-ing to Blitz the Thrower, Luckily the ball bounces into the waiting arms of a ManRunner who scampers over to the sideline and relative safety. Of course it proves to be relative safety, unless you are playing against AN. In what was quite frankly a ludicrous play, a Saurus GFI-ed in to tackle the ManRunner and knocking the ball free in a Skaven TZ. This didn't worry a brave Skink who dodged in, picked up the ball, dodged out, GFI-ed then made a long pass into the waiting arms of another Skink who slithered over the line to put the match completely out of reach.

Aggressive Negotiation 3-1 Insert Witty Team Name He

A disastrous end to both the match and the best season IWTNH have ever had. Throughout the game it never felt out of reach, at least until we conceeded the 3rd TD, and several times the momentum changed instantly to keep it exciting. Karandraz must have special loaded dice which he saves especially for GFI's - he literally did dozens without failing a single one as far as I can recall! I somehow managed to get the best of the bashy game, between Morg and some careful RatStacking (this is now a thing) I was able to bully his larger Saurii and with the judicious application of a few fouls managed to get his Krox off the pitch twice, of course I never got to use my bribe...

Cheers to Karandraz for a great game and gratz on taking the Div. Thanks to all my opponents this season for being Jolly Nice Chaps.

Screwie
15-05-2012, 05:36 PM
I'm not sure if dark elves are full but it's hard to argue with 4 ag 4 blockers with agility access.

But TBH I'd be wary of taking too many of the AV7 players at first, the AV8 linemen still have GA access and ag4.

Dark Elfs are indeed super even if you only take their core players, blitzers and linemen. A little dry, but still very competitive.

Well this isn't for the DoD (at least not at first) but in any case, I could retire one Dark Elf team for another. My Dark Elf team is finally getting good though, so they are unlikely to bow out just yet.

First though, I'll either use the Challenge League or SP to try out a Pro side. Right now I'm thinking Orcs:
Very durable - those Pro players may survive a long while, or if not...
Cheaper than elves
Not too slow
Not too crap with the ball
Not completely unskilled
Punchy, and with high ST
I think a line-up of Pro-assisted blockers could be quite efficient.

Dentharial
15-05-2012, 07:39 PM
Div G

Da Blu Moonz (Dentharial, Orcs) vs Global Warping (20 phoenix, Skaven)

My Orc team was raring to go
They won with a score of Two - Oh
This rhyme is quite short
Because I've just bought
And want to play Diablo

LowKey
15-05-2012, 07:56 PM
This is now required thing i hope you know

potatoedoughnut
15-05-2012, 07:56 PM
Orcs not too slow? They're one of the slowest sides.

I do like pro on orcs though. It makes them develop into something more interesting then cage and bash.

But I still don't understand how you can pass on a pro pro elf team, that seems pretty pro.

Squiz
15-05-2012, 08:02 PM
Screwie, you might be interested in this (http://www.talkfantasyfootball.org/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=34179). I recently stumbled over that thread which discusses a similar team idea to yours.

President Weasel
15-05-2012, 08:08 PM
Orc blitzers are fast enough to get you a touchdown in a couple of turns, and you get four of them. But yes, the rest of the team is pretty slow.

Heliocentric
15-05-2012, 09:10 PM
But I still don't understand how you can pass on a pro pro elf team, that seems pretty pro.

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/SuperPro%201.jpg

I just realised that Undead are actually an exceptionally Pro friendly side.

Zombies (not so much mummies) can actually consider handling the ball, everyone can risk lots of GFI's (except the bloody ghouls) because even falling over is unlikely to end too badly, and obviously Pro helps in the blocking game, ghouls can improve their ball handling without needing a double for pass.

I need more pro!

Screwie
15-05-2012, 09:17 PM
I guess I just compare them to dwarfs, in that every time I'm playing orcs and being outpaced, I sigh heavily and think, "Well could be worse, could have been playing dwarfs".

The orc blitzers are good enough. Also goblins, who are fast and sometimes airborn. And an AG 3 thrower. Orcs at least have some fast options, is what I'm saying - unlike dwarfs or Khemri.

Cheers for the link, squirrelfanatic!

potatoedoughnut
16-05-2012, 12:10 AM
I guess I just compare them to dwarfs, in that every time I'm playing orcs and being outpaced, I sigh heavily and think, "Well could be worse, could have been playing dwarfs".

The orc blitzers are good enough. Also goblins, who are fast and sometimes airborn. And an AG 3 thrower. Orcs at least have some fast options, is what I'm saying - unlike dwarfs or Khemri.

Cheers for the link, squirrelfanatic!

I typically look at the speed of the fastest scoring/blitzing threat (ie goblins don't count, they're not real people):

6 = slow (orcs, chaos, dwarves, khemri)
7 = average (delfs, undead, norse)
8 = fast (humans, lizards, elves)
9 = freaks (wood elves, skaven)

Obviously orcs are a bit more mobile than dwarves due to more agi3, but they can't sprint down the pitch any faster. Similarly delfs are more mobile than undead because agi4 & agi skill access on more players, but they're still limited by MV7 at the top end.

karandraz
16-05-2012, 02:32 AM
Great game with ntw this week and not just because I won, but that was nice too ;) That last TD ntw, was crazy, evan I dont know why that worked!

Dentharial
16-05-2012, 08:07 AM
This is now required thing i hope you know

I'm glad you enjoy them :)

I'm definitely planning on going on with them for another season, not least because only my first match report was actually nice and long and explained everything.

If I have time at work today or tomorrow, I may even try and write up a longer report for the final match. Obviously my time at home is entirely booked up because Diablo.

Screwie
16-05-2012, 08:07 AM
I typically look at the speed of the fastest scoring/blitzing threat (ie goblins don't count, they're not real people):

6 = slow (orcs, chaos, dwarves, khemri)
7 = average (delfs, undead, norse)
8 = fast (humans, lizards, elves)
9 = freaks (wood elves, skaven)

Obviously orcs are a bit more mobile than dwarves due to more agi3, but they can't sprint down the pitch any faster. Similarly delfs are more mobile than undead because agi4 & agi skill access on more players, but they're still limited by MV7 at the top end.

Personally I don't agree with your method here, at the very least because several teams don't feel as fast or as slow as you categorised them and so the categories don't feel adequate.

Blitz range alone I think is too simplistic. AG is definitely a major factor, but also the range of MA values over a typical 11-strong line-up can affect the feel of a team. A team with MA 7 across the board can feel faster than a MA 6 team with a couple of MA 8s on the pitch.

Maybe an aggregate/average MA score would be a good starting point for an alternative, I don't know.

Dr_Mechano
16-05-2012, 02:02 PM
Thinking of joining the league but unsure if I'll have time to dedicate to it, sadly the friends I had that did play blood Bowl have moved on and now I'm left playing randoms, which just doesn't really feel as fun as it was.

Got my old BB:DE Chaos team with a beastly Mino, Block, Claw, +1 Strength, Multiblock (really wish I'd chosen something else here but I had just started the game and was playing in a group of friends) and Break Tackle. He's sitting pretty on 75 SP (three MVPs in a row first three games, the rest are all Casualties and I think 2 touchdowns) while the rest of the team is mostly rookies with a few veterans (the closest guy is the block, Mighty blow, Claw, Horns Chaos Warrior).

Now for team wise, I'm thinking of something of a gimmick team if that's allowed, Undead Zombies and Skeletons only or something along similar lines.

Vexing Vision
16-05-2012, 02:33 PM
Oh, it's just one game every ten days. You'll manage, Dr_Mechano.

Keep in mind that new teams to the Divisions are pretty much required to start as actually new teams. Apart from that, everything is allowed, even if Screwie is still annoyed at me for gangfouling him in turn 16 at one point. <3

Dentharial
16-05-2012, 02:46 PM
Thinking of joining the league but unsure if I'll have time to dedicate to it, sadly the friends I had that did play blood Bowl have moved on and now I'm left playing randoms, which just doesn't really feel as fun as it was.

Got my old BB:DE Chaos team...

Note that this league runs on BB: Legendary Edition. Maybe (hopefully!) you just meant that this team started out in the Dark Elves edition but you've since moved forward?

I believe you can pick up the Legendary Edition fairly cheaply in a few places, though I couldn't tell you where off the top of my head. (Also, however, note that there's a new 'Chaos Edition' coming out sometime later this year; though I think it's still very uncertain whether this league will upgrade to that or not)

Edit: Of course, then I see you've already posted in the Chaos Edition thread, and seem far more educated and knowledgeable than me on the matter. Sorry for assuming less, but I'd hate to offer bad advice to an apparent newcomer!

Screwie
16-05-2012, 03:22 PM
Keep in mind that new teams to the Divisions are pretty much required to start as actually new teams. Apart from that, everything is allowed, even if Screwie is still annoyed at me for gangfouling him in turn 16 at one point. <3

Shouldn't be allowed! :P

Also worth mentioning is that we have some (generous) limits on the races available for the Divisions of Death. Typically you will be able to play whichever team you like, but the more popular teams are sometimes full up. Check the spreadsheet in the OP for more info.

Heliocentric
16-05-2012, 03:53 PM
Undead are average speed?
*chuckles*

LowKey
16-05-2012, 04:03 PM
Well they have 6 players at least at average speed or above

Dr_Mechano
16-05-2012, 04:06 PM
Note that this league runs on BB: Legendary Edition. Maybe (hopefully!) you just meant that this team started out in the Dark Elves edition but you've since moved forward?

I believe you can pick up the Legendary Edition fairly cheaply in a few places, though I couldn't tell you where off the top of my head. (Also, however, note that there's a new 'Chaos Edition' coming out sometime later this year; though I think it's still very uncertain whether this league will upgrade to that or not)

Edit: Of course, then I see you've already posted in the Chaos Edition thread, and seem far more educated and knowledgeable than me on the matter. Sorry for assuming less, but I'd hate to offer bad advice to an apparent newcomer!

Heh no worries, while I may be knowledgeable I'm still at the 'ok' level of Blood Bowl, what is the normal match turn time in the league, I tend to play 2 minute turns. Oh and are most of the people in the US, I'm in the UK which would limit matchups.

Vexing Vision
16-05-2012, 04:19 PM
Heh no worries, while I may be knowledgeable I'm still at the 'ok' level of Blood Bowl, what is the normal match turn time in the league, I tend to play 2 minute turns. Oh and are most of the people in the US, I'm in the UK which would limit matchups.

It's 4 minutes actually, but that's usually not a problem. Most players are rather experienced.

We have two or three US people here, but most of us Europeans can do adventurous night- and morning-matches. Or the weekend... it hasn't really affected us that much.

ChainsawHands
16-05-2012, 04:22 PM
Not at all, we're mostly UK based. There are a couple of Johnny Foreigner types too, but we try not to judge them too harshly for it.

Screwie
16-05-2012, 04:23 PM
Well they have 6 players at least at average speed or above

Depends on the definition of average, since Wights are MA 6 :)

LowKey
16-05-2012, 04:43 PM
I always thought 6 was an aveage move, 7 fast, 8 very fast and nine shutyourfacegutterbastard, my source for this is my own mind

potatoedoughnut
16-05-2012, 05:00 PM
I always thought 6 was an aveage move, 7 fast, 8 very fast and nine shutyourfacegutterbastard, my source for this is my own mind

Yeah tend to follow this for individual players.

And undead have 4 MV7 players w/ dodge and agi access, they can be pretty quick even if the mummies can't keep up.

In general I wouldn't argue that any of my team speed rankings feel off. Orcs top out at MV6, have several MV4 players, low agi, and no agi access; not exactly a quick team. I've made my argument for undeads above.

Of course opinions may differ, but I think that's a pretty fair ranking.

Heliocentric
16-05-2012, 06:32 PM
It is true that my mv 8 ghoul is monumental among my players, I suppose my mostly MV3-4 team isn't slow after all.

boots468
16-05-2012, 10:11 PM
Urgh - my Div C game vs MadDave lost connection in turn 16, with the score at 2-0 to me. Would it be possible to validate that result and keep the score as that and all spp earned in the game, or does it have to be admined?

MadDave123
16-05-2012, 10:48 PM
Urgh - my Div C game vs MadDave lost connection in turn 16, with the score at 2-0 to me. Would it be possible to validate that result and keep the score as that and all spp earned in the game, or does it have to be admined?Yeah, sorry about that. PC crashed. -_-
Any way to retain all the SPP's? T'was a very bashy game.

groovychainsaw
17-05-2012, 09:00 AM
Boots, maddave, I'll take a look at that one tonight, see what it set you to - depending on how it crashed out, it may or may not have retained your score. If it's just set a default 2-0, would you like to keep that score (with the default SPPs) or try to play again? The question is really for boots, as he's the one that might lose out with a replay.

In other news, the season finished last night! Yey! But we still have games outstanding! Boo! If you need a day or two more to play, let me know in here. If not, I'll be defaulting folks tonight so we can get going with setting up the new season :-)

Screwie
17-05-2012, 09:56 AM
Of course opinions may differ, but I think that's a pretty fair ranking.

Of course, no worries. You've inspired me to start looking seriously at alternative methods for measuring team speed, which is keeping me amused for a while.

However...

I typically look at the speed of the fastest scoring/blitzing threat (ie goblins don't count, they're not real people)...

Orcs top out at MV6, have several MV4 players, low agi, and no agi access; not exactly a quick team.

Such hatred! :(

ChainsawHands
17-05-2012, 10:09 AM
In other news, the season finished last night! Yey! But we still have games outstanding! Boo! If you need a day or two more to play, let me know in here. If not, I'll be defaulting folks tonight so we can get going with setting up the new season :-)Duffin and I were going to play tomorrow night, but I don't think it'll affect the result of the division either way so if we're holding things up a draw would be OK with me. (If we're not I'd still like to play, but I don't want to get in the way of things.)

Kajo
17-05-2012, 12:21 PM
In other news, the season finished last night! Yey! But we still have games outstanding! Boo! If you need a day or two more to play, let me know in here. If not, I'll be defaulting folks tonight so we can get going with setting up the new season :-)

I haven't seen Tom neither on Steam or RPS :(

boots468
17-05-2012, 01:12 PM
Boots, maddave, I'll take a look at that one tonight, see what it set you to - depending on how it crashed out, it may or may not have retained your score. If it's just set a default 2-0, would you like to keep that score (with the default SPPs) or try to play again? The question is really for boots, as he's the one that might lose out with a replay.

Thanks Groovy. If it does have to be admined, would setting it to a draw give us both an MVP? That might be fairest - I don't think I have time for a replay and the actual result as recorded on the servers isn't of importance (neither of us could be promoted/relegated, and I don't mind missing out on the small FF/earnings boost if its the only way for us both to get any spp from it).

groovychainsaw
17-05-2012, 01:24 PM
Well, we can always set it to 2-0 in the spreadsheet for promotion purposes and 0-0 in game, so you both get an MVP at least. I'll see what state its in when I get in there.

Xenny
17-05-2012, 05:06 PM

Heya, Aerisdead and I are playing at midnight tonight (time difference!), I hope that's okay.

Janek
17-05-2012, 06:21 PM
Ritashi didn't respond to either my post on the organising thread or when I messaged him on Steam. So, yeah.

MadDave123
17-05-2012, 10:39 PM
Well, we can always set it to 2-0 in the spreadsheet for promotion purposes and 0-0 in game, so you both get an MVP at least. I'll see what state its in when I get in there.I am, of course, happy with ever you two decide is the best course.

duff
17-05-2012, 10:41 PM
Duffin and I were going to play tomorrow night, but I don't think it'll affect the result of the division either way so if we're holding things up a draw would be OK with me. (If we're not I'd still like to play, but I don't want to get in the way of things.)

I'm happy either way.

potatoedoughnut
17-05-2012, 11:20 PM
I'm happy too.

aerisdead
18-05-2012, 02:46 AM
Played my game against Xenny tonight, 1-1, so managed to play all the games this season, and didn't even lose them all!

However, I'm going to take a break because it's summer and I'm going to be traveling come June, and I think that it might be a bit hard to ensure I'm playing games, and I don't want to jerk anyone around. But I will come back! Any word on when Chaos Edition is coming, and when/if the league will upgrade to it?

Also: let me know if I need to do anything in the spreadsheet to register that I'm retiring for a wee while.

Kapouille
18-05-2012, 09:25 AM
Ritashi didn't respond to either my post on the organising thread or when I messaged him on Steam. So, yeah.

I wonder what happened to him... :S

Heliocentric
18-05-2012, 09:48 AM
I wonder what happened to him... :S

*loads a dozen tied binbags into the boot of his car*

Its a mystery.

Walrus
18-05-2012, 12:32 PM
How does this work from this moment on? I won Div 8, so a promotion to a higher division?

Also my Tomb Guardian rolled doubles. Sucks to be you guys(well not really it was just block).

20phoenix
18-05-2012, 12:48 PM
http://fumbbl.com/help:ChaosOTT

If you click that you'll get how I tend to set up for one-turner attempts and a step-by-step guid. Frenzy or Grab and lots of guard make your life easier, as does lots of move and agility. Still yet to achieve it but I've been damn close a couple times now.

Tried my first ever one turner today - and success!! It was only an Auld team but still a great feeling when it comes off especially as it turned out to be a decisive touchdown

duff
18-05-2012, 01:48 PM
Hey 'Hands, been invited out for dinner tonight and given that our match won't effect the outcome of the league I'm tempted to go for it. Apologies, feel free to gift 'Hands the win.

ChainsawHands
18-05-2012, 01:50 PM
Hey 'Hands, been invited out for dinner tonight and given that our match won't effect the outcome of the league I'm tempted to go for it. Apologies, feel free to gift 'Hands the win.I AM THE CHAMPION!

Of division 1.

By default.

No worries duff, enjoy your dinner.

duff
18-05-2012, 02:09 PM
Ta mate, just felt daft to turn down actual social interaction for a dead rubber.

groovychainsaw
18-05-2012, 02:21 PM
Errrm - you might get relegated based on the result duff? It's between you and me, and Kelron's opted out a bit (and I can't decide whether that should mean a win or a draw for me). I guess if you disappear from your last game I'll set both to a draw and then we'll see how it shakes out. Hmm. Or I could choose to beat Kelron and stay up. This feels like an unethical position to be in! :-D. Any thoughts anyone?

20phoenix
18-05-2012, 02:24 PM
Errrm - you might get relegated based on the result duff? It's between you and me, and Kelron's opted out a bit (and I can't decide whether that should mean a win or a draw for me). I guess if you disappear from your last game I'll set both to a draw and then we'll see how it shakes out. Hmm. Or I could choose to beat Kelron and stay up. This feels like an unethical position to be in! :-D. Any thoughts anyone?

With great power comes great responsibility...............and even greater chances of abusing said power. Don't aste your power by doing the right thing :)

ChainsawHands
18-05-2012, 02:38 PM
Hmm... when I said it wouldn't affect the result I may have been thinking about the result for my team. ;-)

Anyway, my entirely unbiased thoughts are that you and I should each get awarded wins, groovy. (Actually that does seem to be what duff and Kelron were saying too.)

groovychainsaw
18-05-2012, 02:43 PM
Yeah, it does, I just don't like feeling I stayed up due to a default on the last game. Kelron did sort of decline my attempts to play, which is fine (as he's dropping out), but I still feel bad taking 3rd place from Duff because of that...

Heliocentric
18-05-2012, 02:46 PM
Yeah, it does, I just don't like feeling I stayed up due to a default on the last game. Kelron did sort of decline my attempts to play, which is fine (as he's dropping out), but I still feel bad taking 3rd place from Duff because of that...

Play a decider out of the leagues remit, 1000 point teams with any side at all, double blind (you both announce your side to a third party before telling each other to stop the "You took amazons? Yeah, well I'm taking dwarfs.").

ChainsawHands
18-05-2012, 02:46 PM
Even if you only got a draw, I'm pretty sure duff dropping out and saying "
feel free to gift 'Hands the win" would put you on 2 points and him on 1 so you'd be in 3rd anyway.

(Edit for bizarre linebreak insertion by forum software. No, apparently it's staying in. Oh well...)

groovychainsaw
18-05-2012, 02:48 PM
Oh yeah, that is also true. Well done chainsawhands for not being as flaked out as me on a friday afternoon. I don't feel so bad now. (Although I do like the idea of the double blind decider, it appears that will not be necessary).

ChainsawHands
18-05-2012, 02:52 PM
I was going to say it didn't matter anyway because Kelron was dropping out, by then I realised I wasn't sure if you did that before or after working out promotions and demotions, and then I remembered that the whole process was so madly complex that I had no idea how it worked... so I went for the simple points-based argument. ;-)

groovychainsaw
18-05-2012, 02:56 PM
I normally do promotion and demotions first, then promote an extra person up, so the demotion still stands and there's a double promotion from the division below. Its more fun that way (i think!). It slightly undermines things for people not to get demoted when they come bottom in their division, so this ensures they go down unless something exceptional happens (like I run out of good candidates to promote from the division below).

sketchseven
18-05-2012, 04:41 PM
So when does the new season start? I suspect I shall spend most of my time getting schooled by better players but still itching to get gaming :)

groovychainsaw
18-05-2012, 04:43 PM
I'll try to do the promotions tonight/tomorrow morning. I would expect the new season to start about midweek, if everyone is being efficient (you are efficient, right chaps and chapettes?).

wink5000
18-05-2012, 05:14 PM
When are the Div H 3rd round matches going to be validated?

ChainsawHands
18-05-2012, 05:24 PM
When are the Div H 3rd round matches going to be validated?Looks like groovy's going to try and do it tonight/tomorrow morning.

Screwie
18-05-2012, 05:59 PM
Hmm, so in Div 4...

Kajo and I are tied for top place again!
We even tied in our match against each other.
We both got a default win vs Tom.
We both defeated iNinja 2-1.
So it's down to TD+Cas difference again... in other words, Cas difference. Dammit.

Although I did better than normal (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?54-RPS-Blood-Bowl-League-The-many-many-Divisions-of-Death!&p=129225&viewfull=1#post129225) on the Casualty front, somehow I doubt it's enough to beat Kajo's bashy necros :P

Kajo
18-05-2012, 08:25 PM
Hmm, so in Div 4...

Kajo and I are tied for top place again!
We even tied in our match against each other.
We both got a default win vs Tom.
We both defeated iNinja 2-1.
So it's down to TD+Cas difference again... in other words, Cas difference. Dammit.

Although I did better than normal (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?54-RPS-Blood-Bowl-League-The-many-many-Divisions-of-Death%21&p=129225&viewfull=1#post129225) on the Casualty front, somehow I doubt it's enough to beat Kajo's bashy necros :P

I've got a positive difference on cas against you and ninja, though that +6 on your match will change things..

Btw you know it doesn't matter, we will be in the same division again :p

Squiz
19-05-2012, 12:09 AM
Very similar situation in Div7. DarkWeeble and me are tied in points.

We both lost to PresterJohn,
we both lost to Nullkigan (DarkWeeble 4-0, me 4-1, although only the loss counts),
therefore it will be TD/casualty difference, which most likely will be in favour of DarkWeeble.

Argh, so close.

Nullkigan
19-05-2012, 08:11 AM
Very similar situation in Div7. DarkWeeble and me are tied in points.

We both lost to PresterJohn,
we both lost to Nullkigan (DarkWeeble 4-0, me 4-1, although only the loss counts),
therefore it will be TD/casualty difference, which most likely will be in favour of DarkWeeble.

Argh, so close.

Whichever one of you won your game will take it, before it goes to further maths.

Squiz
19-05-2012, 11:59 AM
Whichever one of you won your game will take it, before it goes to further maths.I know. We drew. :P

somanyrobots
19-05-2012, 09:42 PM
Div 5 is interesting. Janek handily won, but the other three of us have a triangular tie at 3 points each. We all lost to Janek, but all beat one of the remaining and lost to one of the remaining. Head-to-head records don't work for triangular ties, so two scenarios that I see:

#1: Ritashi's been incommunicado for going on three weeks now; it might make sense to declare him relegated, since that would make setting up next season easier (since he'll probably create a hole, it'd be lower down). But of course, that's not actually provided for in the rules. If we do that, then I beat Kapouille, which puts me 2nd, him 3rd.

#2: Stick to the letter of the law, and not penalize him (aside from the two forfeits) for his disappearance. I think that goes to TDs + CAS difference. Adding all those up is pretty interesting. Ritashi never got his team hospitalized by Janek, and Kapouille, well, he was playing halflings. And Ritashi's glorious game against me overcame his forfeits :p. I count Ritashi at +1, myself at -2, and Kapouille at -22.

PS: In-game, Janek & Ritashi's match hasn't yet been defaulted.

groovychainsaw
20-05-2012, 10:47 AM
OK guys n gals, spreadsheet has been updated for season 19!

See where you are and get applying in-game. I had to default a few and settle a few tiebreaks, which, along with a couple of drop-outs from the top has meant a lot of second places got promoted throughout. So check out where you should be, withdraw your team from your current div (if necessary!) and apply for the new division. I'm hoping we can get going by midweek, cos I'm ambitious like that. If anyone else meant to drop out/reboot/return but didn't update the sheet, can you let me know in here ASAP. Likewise, any problems with the sheet/divisions, let me know quickly before too many people apply!

Gorm
20-05-2012, 01:36 PM
Hmm from one high scoring division to probably another. Skaven, Skaven, High Elves and Norse.. I'm thinking the norse will be the bash team.

NieA7
20-05-2012, 02:02 PM
I was on the very brink of rebooting for this season, but I told my guys they had to perform for the last game and damnit, they did. Just wouldn't be fair to leave them after that. Humans, Undead and Lizardmen - seems like it's going to be a speedy div. Maybe I should just play more aggressively, I swear I've scored more TDs in desperate two turn plays than I have receiving at the start of a half.

President Weasel
20-05-2012, 02:13 PM
unearned promotion, woo!

Heliocentric
20-05-2012, 02:39 PM
Undead, Necromancy, Elf, Necromancy.
Prize of 17 Internet points to the first person to identify the odd one out, no cash alternative.

I am of course monstrously dissatisfied with my recruitment potential. But I'd like to say a few words for The Brain's Elves.

They will be missed.

El Cubo
20-05-2012, 02:41 PM
Hmm from one high scoring division to probably another. Skaven, Skaven, High Elves and Norse.. I'm thinking the norse will be the bash team.

Oh goodie, squishies!

Everblue
20-05-2012, 02:47 PM
Hi. I'm shown in "Division 9", along with Rhylok. There's no division 9 in the table and there's only two teams listed as being in Division 9. Just to be clear, does that mean there's no room in the league right now and I should come back next season and see if there's a space?

Thanks

groovychainsaw
20-05-2012, 02:59 PM
The spreadsheet still needs expanding to fit in division 9 so it might not be formatted quite right yet (it wasn't originally made with this many people in place!). You've been assigned to division 9 for now. If everyone applies to the right place and there are no missing people, we'll try to get an additional couple of folks in there to make up a full division for you. If someone does fail to apply in time (there's usually one!) we'll bump you up into the higher divisions. Basically, we'll do whatever we can to get you in this season if at all possible. :-)

Rhylok
20-05-2012, 03:04 PM
Thanks much. Hoping it works out :D Although there doesn't appear to be a League 9 yet on the client.

smaug81
20-05-2012, 03:07 PM
Applied for Div. 7.

Oh my. Khemri, Chaos, and Norse. I'm going to have to brush up on my positioning and pray for good armor rolls if I want a chance of success for my Nurglers this season.

laneford
20-05-2012, 03:19 PM
Somehow promoted! Thank god. I continue to plot another glorious, defeat ridden season in the championship...

potatoedoughnut
20-05-2012, 04:30 PM
Yay for not moving. Looks like I'm up against Jiiiiim's freak lizards again straight away too.

cyberpunkdreams
20-05-2012, 04:35 PM
Well, much to my surprise and slight confusion, the Black Bombers seem to have stayed in Div 8, vs Dwarves, Orcs and HElfs this time. After three matches, I've still not had any level ups (doesn't help that I've still not managed to score a single TD), and one of the trolls is out on an MNG for my first match against the Orcs, so things should be... interesting.

Squiz
20-05-2012, 04:39 PM
"Whaaaaat? By Horace's endless yellow jersey, what is this?" Vinraith stood in the doorway of the dressing room, his bloodshot eyes furiously gazing at a torn piece of paper which he now began to shake in front of his team-mates' faces. The whole team had been gathered for an emergency meeting, right after the results of the last season had been announced by the down-to-earth and battle-worn referee. "What is what?" Fiyenyaa, one of the four sturdy Black Orcs that had joined the ragtag team of Blood Bowl rookies a few seasons before, asked while he was wiping sweat from his temple with the back of one of his enormous hands.

"The results are out, you Snotling!" A vein became visible on the team captain's forehead. "We've been demoted." Chilling silence filled the room. Iron-clad boots were shuffled and massive green shoulders shrugged helplessly. "Come on, that's not so bad" Heliocentric finally muttered, more to himself than in reply to the shocking news. "Not so bad? By Nuffle's dice-filled underpants, that's really really bad! Do you've got any idea what the investors are going to say to that? They'll tear your sorry and ... eh... fantastically muscular arms right from your torso." The last sentence came out with a slightly desperate sound to it. "Did you hear what that Rossignol guy did to little Timmy when he told him that he couldn't pay back the lease costs for his spiked boots this month?"

Of course they had heard of it, everybody had. Timmy, a particularly small and shy Goblin, hadn't dared to go to the smallest room for a week and when he finally did, he had not been able to produce much more than a bunch of blood covered cylindric pieces of metal. "We are done for."

From the far corner of the room sinister agent now began to speak in a calm and restrained manner: "It's not all lost. Most importantly, we need to keep our heads..." "Ha, that would be lovely!" "...and improve on our emergent gameplay. Next season we'll do better." "And what do you suppose we should be doing?" The desperate undertone in the captain's voice was unmistakable. "Grow pointy ears and learn to dodge?"

"No.", agent replied while he casually strode for the exit. "We will concentrate on our strenghts and do what forum members in dire straights do best." Clueless faces all around. "Get me Mr. redox on the phone."

"We will start trolling."

cyberpunkdreams
20-05-2012, 05:13 PM
Not wanting to psych any of my lovely new division mates out at all, but, although the Black Bombers are yet to score, they do have a satisfyingly large number of injuries under their belts. And deaths. Chaos Warrior deaths, no less.

Dentharial
20-05-2012, 05:17 PM
Prize of 17 Internet points to the first person to identify the odd one out, no cash alternative.

I am of course monstrously dissatisfied with my recruitment potential. But I'd like to say a few words for The Brain's Elves.

They will be missed.

In a similar vein, I'm seeing Ogre, Khemri, Wood Elves, Orc.

And that Khemri team happens to be the one that gave my High Elves a beating a season ago.

*glee*

Kajo
20-05-2012, 06:56 PM
I've got a positive difference on cas against you and ninja, though that +6 on your match will change things..

Btw you know it doesn't matter, we will be in the same division again :p

ahahahah.. i truly loled when i saw the fixtures :D

2lab
20-05-2012, 06:59 PM
In a similar vein, I'm seeing Ogre, Khemri, Wood Elves, Orc.

And that Khemri team happens to be the one that gave my High Elves a beating a season ago.

*glee*

Thoese wood elves are mine.
I already have only nine players and two are off sick for the first game of the season, unless Nuffle takes pity (as if) I may have to start a new team soon enough ;)

Jolima
20-05-2012, 07:24 PM
I misread that for a moment, thinking you were the Khemri team and claiming the elves as yours to kill in order to fill out your depleted team.

potatoedoughnut
20-05-2012, 08:04 PM
I misread that for a moment, thinking you were the Khemri team and claiming the elves as yours to kill in order to fill out your depleted team.

I did the same.

Screwie
20-05-2012, 08:06 PM
ahahahah.. i truly loled when i saw the fixtures :D

Our teams should probably do the decent thing at this point and get married.

Not looking forward to Jarvis' Chaos in my first match, but at least I have ~150k in Inducements for it and enough cash in the coffers to hire a replacement or two.

@GC: Google Docs says I don't have permission to access the prev Season 17 sheet form the current one.

Squiz
20-05-2012, 08:10 PM
Applied to Divisions 8, looking forward to another season of giving my best. Yeah.

2lab
20-05-2012, 08:17 PM

Heh, I seem to have a knack for ambigous posting.

Everblue
20-05-2012, 08:48 PM
The spreadsheet still needs expanding to fit in division 9 so it might not be formatted quite right yet (it wasn't originally made with this many people in place!). You've been assigned to division 9 for now. If everyone applies to the right place and there are no missing people, we'll try to get an additional couple of folks in there to make up a full division for you. If someone does fail to apply in time (there's usually one!) we'll bump you up into the higher divisions. Basically, we'll do whatever we can to get you in this season if at all possible. :-)

Really appreciated. I have some experience of herding cats - I mean, organising videogames over the internet (used to lead a raiding guild in Wow) - and understand how hard it can be. If there's no room then I understand - best wishes to all and I'll see you in a month or so to check back. If there *is* room, then perfect, am raring to go and not very good.

chadsexington
20-05-2012, 09:05 PM
Applied for Div. 7.

Oh my. Khemri, Chaos, and Norse. I'm going to have to brush up on my positioning and pray for good armor rolls if I want a chance of success for my Nurglers this season.

I'm much more afraid to bring my AV7 against khemri, chaos, and nurgle, thankyouverymuch ;)

smaug81
20-05-2012, 09:11 PM
I'm much more afraid to bring my AV7 against khemri, chaos, and nurgle, thankyouverymuch ;)

Oh, I quite understand. My experience so far has been that team-wide Block > Nurgle, though. Even so, I certainly don't envy your position. :P

Heliocentric
20-05-2012, 09:18 PM
"Come on, that's not so bad"
I hope that was a

"Come on, that's not so bad, we get to kill squishier teams"
not a

"Come on, that's not so bad,*cries into burger wrapper paper while comfort eating"
Or I'm contacting my agent!

Oh, I quite understand. My experience so far has been that team-wide Block > Nurgle, though. Even so, I certainly don't envy your position. :P
AV7 and no regen? It doesn't matter if they have block, once you lie them down and 8 man foul them.... tbh, more than 5 men is a waste, i suggest lining up next turns foul with the other 6 players.

ntw
20-05-2012, 09:27 PM
I'll try and sort out Div9 on the sheet tomorrow, currently the fixtures and results are borked. Also I'll fix the historical sheet for you Screwie - but only in the hopes of earning some respect before you crush my team in the second match of the season...

/edit - ah sod it, I fixed (maybe) Div9 just now.
/edit 2 - also added hotlinks to S18, please let me know if anything is wrong now guys!

boots468
20-05-2012, 09:45 PM
League application submitted now, thank you very much Groovy and the other admins for taking the time to organise all of the leagues.

(*decision to finally thank the hard working people for all their efforts not at all influenced by being promoted for finishing second, and being put in a relatively un-deadly divison of skaven, delves and amazons. Not at all. Although it should allow my Skink Replacement Fund some time to get back to comfortable levels)

Kapouille
20-05-2012, 10:05 PM

Haha, it's almost your "perfect" league :)

Heliocentric
20-05-2012, 10:25 PM
Haha, it's almost your "perfect" league :)*sobs* eff you kap, eff you *sobs*

On the bright side, I get to practice some elf ball against the fellow corpses. My ghouls I was going to retire I'm instead casting into the flames of battle, I need all the guard I can get.

Kapouille
20-05-2012, 10:36 PM
*sobs* eff you kap, eff you *sobs*

Check out league 6 :)

Squiz
21-05-2012, 08:08 AM
@Helio: I wouldn't expect my team's top Blitzer to drown his sorrows in burgers and/or milkshakes, so there you go. I do however expect him to collect some skulls during the next season. As sinister agent put it: "We will be trolling". Trolling the lower Divisions, like a boss.

Heliocentric
21-05-2012, 09:30 AM
@squirrelfanatic good to hear it, *calls off the ghoul lawyers*

Check out league 6 :)

I hope the dark Elf Blitzer have mighty blow for your fricking pie munching Willow impersonators.

*hauled off by forum bouncers foaming at the mouth *

I'm going to get pile on mighty blow zombies so when we meet again I leave your team in rui-[becomes inaudible at distance]

Vexing Vision
21-05-2012, 11:11 AM
Oh fun! Bashy Orcs, bashy Humans and HughTower's bashy Warelves.

Just to let you all know - if my team doesn't survive this season, I'll be coming back with Dwarfs.

Will apply tonight.

DWZippy
21-05-2012, 12:58 PM
Someone deleted my Undead teamchange and had me down to play as Sulaco again.. I'll apply tonight with my undeads.

DWZippy
21-05-2012, 01:03 PM
Applied. My division looks like a right Punchathon :D

The Brain
21-05-2012, 01:59 PM

They will be missed.

I like to think of my team as Orcs in Elves clothing which can be backed up by my not inconsiderable number of casualties and kills last season so to you sirs I say... bring it on.

P.S in the highly likely event I'm going to need to reboot next season any suggestions for a new team?

Walrus
21-05-2012, 03:12 PM

Don't worry, my khemri don't actually know how to block. They kind of poke the opposing players around and can't actually do anything worthwhile. Surprisingly they do know how to play the ball and dodge around the field for some reason that is beyond me.

Also I applied for Div 7.

X_kot
21-05-2012, 04:05 PM
Hmm...orcs, khemri, and wood elves in Div F...it's going to be a bloody season. I'll get my ogres submitted by tonight.

Also, congrats to Jiiim for his three-peat champs victory!

Heliocentric
21-05-2012, 04:11 PM
in the highly likely event I'm going to need to reboot next season any suggestions for a new team?

Take a season off, get grief counseling.

Rakysh
21-05-2012, 04:20 PM
My Necro team isn't especially bashy, so you can break yourself in easily, Brain.

Heliocentric
21-05-2012, 04:56 PM
My Necro team isn't especially bashy, so you can break yourself in easily, Brain.

If you can take out their catchers that would be golden.

Squiz
21-05-2012, 05:39 PM
P.S in the highly likely event I'm going to need to reboot next season any suggestions for a new team?Maybe Humans? They are pretty flexible and therefore maybe don't take too much time getting used to for an Elf player. Alternatively: High Elves? A bit more robust than Pro Elves but still similar in playstyle.

Dentharial
21-05-2012, 06:21 PM
Da Blu Moonz have signed up to Division F.

Gotta admit, I was kinda pleased to get to Division F, and see in the 'history' that I won it 3 seasons ago with my high elves. Hoping that the orcy boyz can put in the same kind of showing.

Alistair Hutton
21-05-2012, 06:50 PM
Not getting promoted is sad but staying in the same division so I don't have to do anything is great.

LowKey
21-05-2012, 07:59 PM
Not getting promoted is sad but staying in the same division so I don't have to do anything is great.

Ill second that!

Rhylok
21-05-2012, 08:24 PM
So, to reiterate a previous post... League 9 doesn't actually exist on the client as of my last checking (a minute ago). If someone admin-like were to create it, the two of us could apply and stuff. But without a League on there to apply to, we're kinda twiddling our thumbs.

Gorm
21-05-2012, 08:37 PM
The leagues get filled from the top first, so you might end up in a higher league anyway. Easier just to wait and see the lie of the land than to make a league and never use it.

Rakysh
21-05-2012, 09:08 PM
If you can take out their catchers that would be golden.
I'll do my best to BH them, just 'cause

Jolima
21-05-2012, 10:48 PM
I went through and accepted submissions for all of the divisions. There is still at least one team missing from each div except the champs. To make it easier on the admins, I also added an automatic column of expected players on the Season Status tab. At least I was switching between sheets like crazy when checking that teams were in the right div without that.

ntw
21-05-2012, 10:50 PM
So, to reiterate a previous post... League 9 doesn't actually exist on the client as of my last checking (a minute ago). If someone admin-like were to create it, the two of us could apply and stuff. But without a League on there to apply to, we're kinda twiddling our thumbs.

As Gorm said - we fill from the top downwards, and unfortunately usually have one or two dropouts or no-shows so there's a decent chance you'll get a free promotion before the season even starts!

Also - Superstar Jolima :)

darkweeble
21-05-2012, 11:10 PM
Sorry I didn't get around to applying. Diablo 3 got in the way. I'm going in now!

The Brain
21-05-2012, 11:24 PM
I'll do my best to BH them, just 'cause

I only just managed to buy the fourth one too. Looks like their days are numbered

Kapouille
22-05-2012, 12:08 AM
I hope the dark Elf Blitzer have mighty blow for your fricking pie munching Willow impersonators.

No wonder you guys are so cranky : you haven't had a proper meal in centuries... Look at yourselves!

I'm going to get pile on mighty blow zombies so when we meet again I leave your team in rui-[becomes inaudible at distance]

Lol... As if you needed it! I think it was the outcome of our last match without pile-on-might-blow-claw.

Everblue
22-05-2012, 12:52 AM
I am prepared to roll a halfling team if it will get me in. Just saying.

:)

Heliocentric
22-05-2012, 01:09 AM
applied to E, i think me makes 4/4

Skydancer
22-05-2012, 01:10 AM
Applied to div F. Sorry for the delay but, like darkweeble, diablo 3 got in the way (and dayz). Looking forward to a luckier season, since I've been plagued by trash rolls for a month!

sketchseven
22-05-2012, 01:29 AM
So am I right in thinking I need to go into the Blood Bowl client, search out Division H of the many Divisions of Death, and apply to that one?

#newb

X_kot
22-05-2012, 01:35 AM
Yep - use the League Finder button, search "RPS", and select Div H. You'll need to have your unregistered team selected at the bottom of the screen, which will then prompt you to apply.

Kapouille
22-05-2012, 08:29 AM
I am prepared to roll a halfling team if it will get me in. Just saying.

Mmmmmh, I don't like that kind of competition... ;)

Heliocentric
22-05-2012, 08:51 AM
So am I right in thinking I need to go into the Blood Bowl client, search out Division H of the many Divisions of Death, and apply to that one?

#newb

Yeah, password is chainsawed
Search for rps

LowKey
22-05-2012, 08:59 AM
Also dont forget you need to view the league then apply on that page, you cant apply in the search page even though it says you can because cyanide, if it asks you for a password then youve done it right :-)

Heliocentric
22-05-2012, 09:45 AM
I always apply on the search page.

Dr_Mechano
22-05-2012, 10:01 AM
What division is the "you're ok at this game but anyone with above average skill is going to thrash you?" level of player competency?

That's the division I'll belong in.

Screwie
22-05-2012, 10:04 AM
I always apply on the search page.

Lowkey may have overstated it, but that method doesn't always work for everyone so it's recommended to just use the league view page.

Heliocentric
22-05-2012, 10:04 AM
What division is the "you're ok at this game but anyone with above average skill is going to thrash you?" level of player competency?

That's the division I'll belong in.

You hear that lads? He thinks he's cut out for the champion league.

Vexing Vision
22-05-2012, 11:10 AM
Tom O'Bedlam is sitting this season out.

Tom_OBedlam @VexingVision really, I announced I was having a sabbatical season. Could you let them know for me? Work have blocked RPS, for some reason..

There you go. I have done my duty.

groovychainsaw
22-05-2012, 11:31 AM
Ok, people are about to get moved about! Anyone else got any changes they'd like to inform me of before I shuffle people around? Just so I don't have to do this more than once? :-)

Vexing Vision
22-05-2012, 12:14 PM
I am thoroughly tempted to withdraw grinn from this season too, just so I do not have to face his orcs.

That's not a valid tactic though, is it?

groovychainsaw
22-05-2012, 12:39 PM
Errm , probably not, but as I'm playing him first, I'm with you on that suggestion ;-)

Squiz
22-05-2012, 01:06 PM
What division is the "you're ok at this game but anyone with above average skill is going to thrash you?" level of player competency? That's the division I'll belong in.In case my joke-rader is not malfunctioning and this is a genuine question: You start out in the lowermost Division. The top two players from each Division get promoted, the third guy changes from the numbered Divisions into the lettered ones (and vice versa), the last (fourth) player gets demoted.

ChainsawHands
22-05-2012, 01:11 PM
In case my joke-rader is not malfunctioning and this is a genuine question: You start out in the lowermost Division. The top two players from each Division get promoted, the third guy changes from the numbered Divisions into the lettered ones (and vice versa), the last (fourth) player gets demoted.Not quite - 1st goes up, 4th goes down, 2nd and 3... well: "Depending on whether you are in a 'letter' league or 'number' league, one person will transfer across to the opposing division (ie. 1 to A), with the second from bottom in the number league switching with the second from top in the letter league and vice versa."

Squiz
22-05-2012, 01:19 PM
My mistake, I assumed it worked that way because of how my last season's Division members were distributed. Thanks for clarifying.

ChainsawHands
22-05-2012, 01:24 PM
After all that's been worked out groovy removes any dropouts, so if someone above you dropped out you quite often end up getting promoted from 2nd place.

Kajo
22-05-2012, 02:43 PM
Errm , probably not, but as I'm playing him first, I'm with you on that suggestion ;-)

Can i know how much td/cas difference me and screwie got on DIV 4?

Just for the record, i need to surpass him one day :D

btw: applied to DIV 3!

Screwie
22-05-2012, 03:01 PM
Hmm, I thought you did beat me on Cas difference in our first division tie together?

Keen to get cracking on the new season! I've got a few players now on the cusp of levelling up, if they survive long enough.

Kajo
22-05-2012, 03:23 PM
Hmm, I thought you did beat me on Cas difference in our first division tie together?

Yes, but if i win this league (even if i am aiming to not come last), we will be tied again :p

Screwie
22-05-2012, 03:26 PM
Ah gotcha :D

And not a chance :P

Graever
22-05-2012, 03:33 PM
Seems no ones bothered to move me from div G in the spreadsheet yet so I'm just gonna apply and hope that means I'm still in this.

ntw
22-05-2012, 05:10 PM
Seems no ones bothered to move me from div G in the spreadsheet yet so I'm just gonna apply and hope that means I'm still in this.

Err, confused by this, why would someone move you from DivG? AFAICT, you're still in - looks like you got demoted to DivG from DivF. Unless you're referring to the filtering down of Divs as we get the season started, in which case go ahead and apply for DivG, but keep an eye open here incase an opportunity to just up a Div or two arises...

Rakysh
22-05-2012, 05:36 PM
Not quite - 1st goes up, 4th goes down, 2nd and 3... well: "Depending on whether you are in a 'letter' league or 'number' league, one person will transfer across to the opposing division (ie. 1 to A), with the second from bottom in the number league switching with the second from top in the letter league and vice versa."
Should I still be in Div E then? I don't mind really, just checking. I understand if the answer is "no, because of reasons that are beyond mortal ken".

20phoenix
22-05-2012, 07:03 PM
You hear that lads? He thinks he's cut out for the champion league.

As Chelsea demonstrated on Saturday winning the Champs league is easy :(

President Weasel
22-05-2012, 08:12 PM
Should I still be in Div E then? I don't mind really, just checking. I understand if the answer is "no, because of reasons that are beyond mortal ken".

Probably, yes. Groovy works out the promotions, then takes into account people who have dropped out, taken a breather, or rebooted their team.
Drop-outs mean another team from below is likely to be promoted, which will cause a ripple effect in the divisions below.
Reboots will probably go in a slightly higher division than new joiners, if there's more than one division to put new starts in, on the grounds that it's probably fairer for new players not to have to play veterans for their first match.
Teams that have taken a breather and returned, sort of... get stuffed in somewhere between where they were when they left, and the bottom of the divisions? You don't want new players with 1000TV teams facing experienced ones with developed teams, that's a recipe for a bloodbath.

So Groovy works all that stuff out, then crosses it out and puts random people into the boxes til they're all filled up, waits to see if anyone notices (they don't; only three people on the planet understand how the promotion and demotion rules work, and he keeps bribing me with slots in high divisions if I keep quiet) and then we start the whole circus again three matches later.

sketchseven
22-05-2012, 08:34 PM
Cheers for the help guys will apply later this evening.

groovychainsaw
22-05-2012, 10:05 PM
Ok chaps, little reshuffle due to tom 'o bedlam's departure.

Everblue is now in div H, mr joose is now in div G, 20phoenix in div F, 2lad in E and rakysh in D. So, if you already applied, you'll have to withdraw and reapply. Sorry chaps! At least you're in a higher division!

As such, I'm expecting a delay to the start of the season. I appreciate Jolima's recent help (thanks good buddy!), and I'm going away on holiday for a week from friday night, so won't be able to start the season i suspect :-(. If I'm unavailable, any of the admins, feel free to start the divisions and call a start to the season when full, as I might be out of wifi range for some time...

laneford
22-05-2012, 11:18 PM
Applied to A! (Apparently I had forgotten)

2lab
23-05-2012, 12:39 AM
I've got my application in for the new division. This one looks alot less scarey than the last one did :D

Heliocentric
23-05-2012, 01:33 AM
I'd like to thank division management for accepting the terms of my black mail letter and delivering more elves to me division.

I promise that no major news networks will get these videos for another month.

Dentharial
23-05-2012, 12:45 PM
I've got my application in for the new division. This one looks alot less scarey than the last one did :D

Damn you for escaping!

On the other hand, hello again 20phoenix. I have a number of players that are just one injury away from levelling up. And I still owe you for killing my (admittedly 0SPP) linesman.

Edit: Wait...2lab...you got promoted into Heliocentric's division? And you're saying that's less scary? Oh dear...you poor naive elfling. Be gentle on him, Helio. Try to restrict yourself to only 6-man fouling.

sketchseven
23-05-2012, 01:01 PM
Applied to H last night so hopefully that should be correct.

Rakysh
23-05-2012, 01:51 PM
Ok, applying to D.

Squiz
23-05-2012, 02:04 PM
Only Everblue, mr joose and 20phoenix left it seems. Gogogo guys, get the Divisions back on track!

cyberpunkdreams
23-05-2012, 04:51 PM
aerisdead said he was dropping out (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?54-RPS-Blood-Bowl-League-The-many-many-Divisions-of-Death!&p=130848&viewfull=1#post130848), but he still seems to be in the league, I guess because he didn't have to move. Does that cause problems?

Screwie
23-05-2012, 04:56 PM
Pity, that ruins the Norsey-Chaosy-ness of Div H!

Everblue
23-05-2012, 05:05 PM
Only Everblue, mr joose and 20phoenix left it seems. Gogogo guys, get the Divisions back on track!

I applied yesterday.

Also I had a cool idea for naming a halfling team and need a league to play them in. Does the current season of the RPS Open have long to go?

The halflings will be called "The Dessert Spoons" and will all have names that are Spoonerisms. The captain will be "Bat Fastard", and key players will have names like "The Cooking Funt", "Wupid Stanker", etc.

cyberpunkdreams
23-05-2012, 05:09 PM
I've always found playing the same team a bit weird... if they've got the same team colours it's even worse!

Screwie
23-05-2012, 05:15 PM
Also I had a cool idea for naming a halfling team and need a league to play them in. Does the current season of the RPS Open have long to go?

Seven matches remaining in the Open so about two months left in the season.

It's not recommended you use a rookie team for the Open in any case, since the minimal TV value there is 1500+ and they accept any teams up to 1750. Good news is, two months is enough time to level up a team!

MrJoose
23-05-2012, 05:42 PM
Applied to G!

Jolima
23-05-2012, 07:08 PM
aerisdead said he was dropping out (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?54-RPS-Blood-Bowl-League-The-many-many-Divisions-of-Death!&p=130848&viewfull=1#post130848), but he still seems to be in the league, I guess because he didn't have to move. Does that cause problems?

Good catch. Rhylok, that puts you in division H.

Currently MIA are:
duffin, Thungrill, BBDave522, INinja132, imaork, The Poisoned Sponge, Ranek, 20phoenix & Rhylok. If any of you thought you had applied, do it again!

Heliocentric
23-05-2012, 07:11 PM
I've always found playing the same team a bit weird... if they've got the same team colours it's even worse!

You can change your colours at any time (not during a match obv) so, consult your opponents I guess.

Rhylok
23-05-2012, 07:25 PM
Applied to H. Thanks for sorting it.

Rhylok
23-05-2012, 07:49 PM
After looking at what H looks like, I feel really sorry for Everblue. Block EVERYWHERE! His noobie Chaos have their work cut out for them. May Nuffle have mercy on them.

Everblue
23-05-2012, 10:46 PM
On the plus side, I believe I am the fastest team in the division. Clearly I must play a passing game.

Graever
24-05-2012, 12:01 AM
Err, confused by this, why would someone move you from DivG? AFAICT, you're still in - looks like you got demoted to DivG from DivF. Unless you're referring to the filtering down of Divs as we get the season started, in which case go ahead and apply for DivG, but keep an eye open here incase an opportunity to just up a Div or two arises...

So i feel the need to offer a, slightly delayed, explanation for this.

Essentially I've been on vacation for the last week and one night stumbling into my hotel room I suddenly realize that next season sign ups are on and I might just have been declared MIA (which my alcohol-fueled mind seems to have considered utterly horrifying). So i booted up the laptop and noticed the post by groovychainsaw saying that he's about to reshuffle the players which led to me writing the above thinking i had to make myself heard before being consigned to the horrifying fate of having to miss a season.

In other words, the post was fueled by a combination of drink and exhaustion which should hopefully explain your inability to make sense of it.

X_kot
24-05-2012, 12:40 AM
There's nothing like alcohol-fueled terror to get things done!

20phoenix
24-05-2012, 01:47 PM
Ok chaps, little reshuffle due to tom 'o bedlam's departure.

Everblue is now in div H, mr joose is now in div G, 20phoenix in div F, 2lad in E and rakysh in D. So, if you already applied, you'll have to withdraw and reapply. Sorry chaps! At least you're in a higher division!

As such, I'm expecting a delay to the start of the season. I appreciate Jolima's recent help (thanks good buddy!), and I'm going away on holiday for a week from friday night, so won't be able to start the season i suspect :-(. If I'm unavailable, any of the admins, feel free to start the divisions and call a start to the season when full, as I might be out of wifi range for some time...

Good things I've just read:

Free promotion

Bad things i've just read:

My rats are going to have to run very fast...

An Ogre team, a Khemri team and an Orc team intent on revenge for a fallen comrade.....

If i've read properly everyone has now applied bar me so i'll get that straightened out when I get home from work. Dont want to be the party pooper!!

DWZippy
24-05-2012, 04:24 PM
I hope all of your rats explode. :(

Jolima
24-05-2012, 10:23 PM
Still awol:
duffin, Thungrill, BBDave522, INinja132, imaork, The Poisoned Sponge

I talked with Duff, and apparently he had mentioned taking a break as well to groovy, so we may be due for another major reshuffling. Stay on your toes everyone. (Or perhaps we can have a veteran stand-in for the season?) I think we really need to watch out and make sure these informal withdrawals are marked up properly in the spreadsheet for the future.

If anyone recalls any of those other people either not showing up for their last few matches or mentioning dropping out, speak up please.

Janek
24-05-2012, 11:17 PM
BBDave missed his last two for sure.

President Weasel
25-05-2012, 12:52 AM
Sponge is a busy man and has been known to need a bit of a nudge on Steam; if you see him online poke him. He may think he's applied because of the 'amusing' bug where you need to got to 'view league' before applying.

Zoraster
25-05-2012, 05:29 AM
Thungrill hasn’t played his last two games and mentioned being really busy at work while making a token effort to arrange them. He hasn’t checked back yet for a reply since trying to arrange his last game so I think it would be wise at this point to assume he hasn’t got the time.

Screwie
25-05-2012, 10:22 AM
So, a bit of a cockup really :(

I don't have any uber teams to offer as sacrificial filler in the upper divs, but I can throw in a team for the lower ones if needed.

Heliocentric
25-05-2012, 10:24 AM
So, a bit of a cockup really :(

I don't have any uber teams to offer as sacrificial filler in the upper divs, but I can throw in a team for the lower ones if needed.

I'm willing to play a "nothing but snotling" team for a upper league. Everyone will face me with a full side, so its fair all round.

Vexing Vision
25-05-2012, 10:25 AM
I would be willing to throw in my TV ~1500 Wyldside Wytches Amazon Team from the Challenge League if it helps for this season.

In emergency situations.

mrpier
25-05-2012, 11:18 AM
I can reassign my 1940 TV dwarves from the challenge league if that should prove necessary :p

JayTee
25-05-2012, 12:12 PM
I'ma back!

Finally have internets at my new place in Australia. Huzzah.

So, my timezone is frankly obnoxious (+8.5hrs) but I'm willing to see how to work around this and get back into some Bloodbowl with my ~1800TV Khemri.

Squiz
25-05-2012, 12:36 PM
So, my timezone is frankly obnoxious (+8.5hrs) but I'm willing to see how to work around this and get back into some Bloodbowl with my ~1800TV Khemri.Heh, poor new guys.

Tom OBedlam
25-05-2012, 01:00 PM
Sorry for causing so much hassle, it's GCSE season so I've got a ton of extra work to get done at school and it's just not fair on my Div with me being so unreliable.

Jiiiiim
25-05-2012, 03:37 PM
JayTee subbing in for Duffin would solve most of the higher-level issues

Vexing Vision
25-05-2012, 03:58 PM
Jiiiiiim makes sense. We should retire him from the league as soon as possible.

Squiz
25-05-2012, 04:16 PM
Just out of curiosity: How long can you sit out until you can't return to a higher season with your old team?

Heliocentric
25-05-2012, 04:26 PM
Just out of curiosity: How long can you sit out until you can't return to a higher season with your old team?

It's done by ear.

Squiz
25-05-2012, 04:39 PM
It's done by ear.You mean, if it is pointy or not?

Heliocentric
25-05-2012, 04:46 PM
You mean, if it is pointy or not?

It's a fair point. A 2500 TV elf team is annoying, but a 2500 TV Nurgle, Chaos, Orc or dwarf side would be a menace.