PDA

View Full Version : RPS Blood Bowl League - The many, many Divisions of Death!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

groovychainsaw
25-05-2012, 04:48 PM
Ok, sorry I've been AWOL from the thread - between work and prepping for my holiday (leaving tonight!) I've not been around for sorting these issues. And this looks a little trickier than usual. SO - Phil's in Div B now, duffin is out, so we'll put Jaytee in his place as suggested (as he was formerly high up and has a 1800-ish team, so makes sense! @Squirrel - we didn't used to put returning players in higher up, but it makes more sense for those 1800-ish teams to come in near where they left. It will depend on gaps in the divs and team strength, but there's no time limit for returning, as long as we have a record of your former glories).

The other 4, WhiskeyTangoFox, Ritashi, ininja and imaork are out now, sorry chaps, but you've had over a week to apply and haven't posted in here. This does mean some reshuffling. Again. :-P

So, I have an idea - what IF we make division 5, for one season only, a 5-team division?? We'll drag in the 2 left from division 4 and run that division with a 0-0 for their last game (so as not to skew things too badly?). This will mean only 2 people will need to reapply. It will mean whoever owns div 5 will need to recreate it as a 5-team division, and at the end of the season, we'll treat everyone as if they were all in div 4, with promotions/demotions accordingly. Does this make any sense to anyone? It's either that or nearly half our players are going to have to reapply. This way, we only need a filler team in div 8 along with this plan to start the season? Any other suggestions, as always, gratefully received. I've marked the AWOL players with Z now, so if you look at the table you can see the problem...

I'm heading off fairly soon, so you'll probably have to figure this out amongst yourselves, but admins, you know enough to make a good decision on this. No coups whilst im away, ok?

Squiz
25-05-2012, 04:58 PM
For what it's worth, that would be fine for me.

Screwie
25-05-2012, 05:05 PM
Erm, if my memory is accurate, I don't even think odd-numbered team leagues are possible with calenders, ie. unless they are challenge leagues? Is a challenge league what you're suggesting/would suffice?

(Otherwise happy to throw a 6th team into Div 5 as filler.)

El Cubo
25-05-2012, 05:28 PM
It was a nice, happy low AV division and now you want to bring a Nurgle team in to spoil the fun? Ugh. But that means I'll get to play more, so I'm okay with that.

mrpier
25-05-2012, 05:43 PM
With so many divisions and so many players, might it be an idea to recreate this as a challenge league? With all the players in one league, but still do the divisions in the spreadsheet, so you get the short seasons and promotions/demotions as usual, except without all the hassle with players coming and going and fiddling around in cyanides less than ideal GUI.

Screwie
25-05-2012, 05:53 PM
...and then wipe the score every 3 matches? Hmm, could be done I think.

We would have to be extra careful to make sure people adhered to the spreadsheet calender though.

Jiiiiim
25-05-2012, 05:53 PM
That....is a good idea.

NieA7
25-05-2012, 06:01 PM
If I understood what this suggestion was I think I'd say it was probably more likely to fray at the seems than the current set up, but I'm not sure I do.

groovychainsaw
25-05-2012, 06:06 PM
Yeah, i think the main reason we didn't do it like that was that there weren't challenge leagues when we started (and also we never expected this getting so big!). A challenge league is certainly a good idea, managing everything through the spreadsheet. It would require more *trust*, but I'd be willing to give it a shot. It would certainly mean less chasing/hassle at the end of each season, and we could still run 3 match seasons (although have more flexibility to change things about, too). Given we're just about to start, it might be too big an overhaul for this season, but if we make div 5 a challenge league and let the 5 sort their game in there this season, it could act as a sort of pilot? I've realised, of course, that with 5, one person would get a 'bye' each week, so everyone would play 3 games, then get a draw, missing one week's games somewhere in there. It still ain't simple, but it would work. Or we could turn the whole thing into a challenge league, managed entirely by the spreadsheet, i guess. You will have to decide in my absence(!) as I'm off very very shortly now :-)

Jiiiiim
25-05-2012, 06:08 PM
Yeah don't change to a challenge league this time as it'd be too much too soon. Next season though, assuming the pilot works alright, would be great.

mrpier
25-05-2012, 06:18 PM
I did start to write a post about pros and cons about the approach, but this is groovys league so any discussion can wait until he is back from vacation.

This was not an coup-attempt, I swear!!

Gorm
25-05-2012, 06:47 PM
Could be bad if we have problems with the results due to disconnects as challenge leagues seem to just give the 2-0 2 mvp full winnings result in those cases.

Screwie
25-05-2012, 06:50 PM
Yeah good point. Can challenge league results be administered manually?

El Cubo
25-05-2012, 08:24 PM
Yeah good point. Can challenge league results be administered manually?

I don't think so. I think the matches are automatically validated.

ntw
25-05-2012, 08:37 PM
I own 5 - had a quick look, couldn't see how to convert it to a challenge league anyway, maybe it would need deleting and recreating?

Anyways, my suggestion is that we break up Div6 -

Nullkigan and AgP go up to Div4
Kapouille goes up to Div5
Prester John goes down to Div 8

It's not the simplest or fairest solution, but it is *somewhat* simple and *somewhat* fair. Obviously come the end of the season we'll bear in mind which teams have been promoted/demoted and try to balance next season accordingly.

Screwie
25-05-2012, 08:45 PM
I think there is an button to change the rules of the league on the main Manage League screen, may be greyed out/absent if not between seasons though?

You other suggestion would also work.

Jolima
25-05-2012, 09:01 PM
Other problems with a 5-player league is that it might be hard to fit into the sheet and it will take 5 rounds instead of 3 to finish, so those players would need to have a stricter schedule.

I'll second ntw's suggestion above.

ntw
25-05-2012, 10:20 PM
I think there is an button to change the rules of the league on the main Manage League screen, may be greyed out/absent if not between seasons though?

You other suggestion would also work.

Hrm, well we are between seasons and I couldn't see anything to change to a challenge league - several different options for competition leagues, but no challenge...

Prester John
25-05-2012, 11:31 PM
I own 5 - had a quick look, couldn't see how to convert it to a challenge league anyway, maybe it would need deleting and recreating?

It's not the simplest or fairest solution, but it is *somewhat* simple and *somewhat* fair. Obviously come the end of the season we'll bear in mind which teams have been promoted/demoted and try to balance next season accordingly.

Well after winning my div it doesn't feel particuarly fair to be demoted... but if it keeps the many divisions moving then ok. And on the bright side i get to increase Squirrelfanatics love for Wood Elves.

Also i am away from next Thursday for 10 days...

INinja132
26-05-2012, 12:10 AM
Damnit, sorry forgot i had to post in here, I must have just subscribed and forgot.

I don't mind waiting till next season though if necessary.

potatoedoughnut
26-05-2012, 12:52 AM
On a giant challenge league:

As Gorm pointed out I think challenge leagues don't let you admin games (either if one needs to be defaulted, or if one needs to be reset and un-defaulted).

Also, currently the division winner gets a small purse (like 40k?) for winning the division, that would go away in a challenge league (this is mostly helpful for new teams rising through the divisions).

It should make admin easier, so it's in their hands, but I think it will just change the headaches, not eliminate them.

Finally - I like ntw's suggestion for this season.

potatoedoughnut
26-05-2012, 12:56 AM
Damnit, sorry forgot i had to post in here, I must have just subscribed and forgot.

I don't mind waiting till next season though if necessary.

The more important thing is re-appling in game to your new division. Posting here helps if you can't make the deadline (out of town or whatever). That said since there is still a fair amount of shuffling to do you may still get in this season, but that up to the admins.

And it seems like it's been a while since we've had this many drop outs/no-shows at the end of a season. The past few seem to have gone smoothly (or maybe that's just my non-admin ignorance talking).

Zoraster
26-05-2012, 06:14 AM
Challenge league is a big no no since the last patch. The vast increase in desyncs combined with the lack of reset option just makes things frustrating. Before the last patch I was all for trying it and did indeed test it with my league to get around the winnings bug. Tests proved coaches can't be trusted to alt-F4 out when they should to 'reset' games blighted by an early discon or crash.

The other thing to consider is changing leagues each season actually makes things easier for the admins and players. People will still drop out without having the courtesy to say anything or mark the SS but we won’t have the the early warning system the absent applications provide. All that will change is these absences will impact on the season rather than off-season.

Vexing Vision
26-05-2012, 08:54 AM
I very much prefer the current system. It's a hassle every three or four seasons, but I think it's very much worth it.

Also, both disconnects and admin-draws are happening quite frequently, so the ability to administer individual matches seems quite necessary.

Screwie
26-05-2012, 01:06 PM
Okay then, to confirm - this is the plan we're going with this season?

(With apologies to Prester John.)

President Weasel
26-05-2012, 01:35 PM
I'm against the challenge league as you can't amend the results. Seems fairer to make the game results match the spreadsheet - even if you give someone a 2-0 on the spreadsheet, they won't get the SPP and money for it unless they play the match or get the admin result.

The bigger the league gets the more hassle it's becoming for the admins to get people into their divisions every three matches - should we consider going to 6-team leagues? That way we get 5 matches before Groovy needs to shuffle everything up and we need to wait for the slow joiners.
There would still be a noticeable difference between the Divisions and the Open, there would still be relatively short seasons, and we'd still get plenty of promotions and demotions: although there would still be two people playing each other from season to season, that's just one match out of five.

Kajo
26-05-2012, 02:19 PM
although there would still be two people playing each other from season to season, that's just one match out of five.

That's bearable, trust me :p

potatoedoughnut
26-05-2012, 07:00 PM
I like the 4 team divisions and quick turnovers. Also that the league changes frequently.

DWZippy
27-05-2012, 08:45 AM
Failing that, you could just make each team play twice, like a home and away game? Same amount of people in leagues, so it's not a gigantic shake up - and that's six matches per league switchover.

Vexing Vision
27-05-2012, 10:44 AM
I find four matches ideal, because it means that every single match counts. I have yet to find myself in any division where the last match didn't at least decide about something regarding promotion.

This makes every game very exciting for a meta-game. Increasing the amount of matches per season will introduce something that I personally dislike: "Empty games", games where you gain nothing by either winning or losing. Those games have the potential to become highly frustrating (especially once your players die in a match that didn't net you anything), and therefor less fun than the current excellency that are the Divisions.

Jiiiiim
27-05-2012, 11:34 AM
This is one potential to sort out our fiddling. USING ALL MY SKILLS OF GRAPHIC DESIGN

Still 4-team leagues, but the difference is that one gets promoted and two get relegated, like the championship is now. Two reasons that it might be better:
* The path to the championship is half as long so it won't take the year it would currently take to join the divisions new and win.
* The cascade effect of someone higher-up dropping out is less pronounced. At the moment if someone falls off the championship then you have to move 8 people to shore it up. In this one you'd only have to move 3 or 4.

Personally I'd like that there'd be even more movement between years, but others might not.

Jolima
27-05-2012, 12:30 PM
I like it. Maybe with a few more cross-overs so the two halves aren't completely isolated. (Edit: I think my image actually fails to do this, so some better graph or even one that switches between seasons.)

E.g.: 1329

But that's not gonna happen this season. So for the current situation... I'll refrain from making any other suggestions and say that we should just go with ntw's plan. No suggestion would be entirely fair, so groovy will just have to try boosting Prester back up by two-three divisions next season.

To limit our stalling, let's say that if any admin besides me and ntw posts support for this (i.e. drawlien, darkfenix or ChainsawHands) OR no one objects by 6pm UK time today, everyone should start doing the switch over.

Screwie
27-05-2012, 12:30 PM
Nice work Jiiiim! I like it.

Having distinctly seperate halves to each gives it an east coast/west coast feel, but I wouldn't mind what Jolima is suggesting either.

Either way, another way to allow crossover is to randomise promotion placements from the feeder leagues, so anyone demoted to the bottom will have a different route back up.

Jiiiiim
27-05-2012, 12:56 PM
Yeah go with ntw's plan this season but it's something to muse on for next.

ChainsawHands
27-05-2012, 03:57 PM
To limit our stalling, let's say that if any admin besides me and ntw posts support for this (i.e. drawlien, darkfenix or ChainsawHands) OR no one objects by 6pm UK time today, everyone should start doing the switch over.I say we go with ntw's plan.

For later seasons, I'd like to keep the 4-match seasons, for the same reasons as VV.

I'd also be happy to go with the eldritch non-euclidean league geometry proposed by Jolima, just so long as someone other than me is working out who goes where...

Prester John
27-05-2012, 04:13 PM
k applied for div 8....

Need to get my first game in before Thursday when i go on hols.

Vexing Vision
27-05-2012, 05:40 PM
Jolima's idea is excellent, but we need some sideways-shifting between the seasons too. Otherwise people will end up playing the same people over and over again, and one of the benefits of the small divisions is that each season, there's new challenges.

Jolima
27-05-2012, 07:35 PM
If you're looking for eldritch geometry...

I made an alternate scheme based on Jiiiim's diagram for where everyone would end up after a season. Promotions still work the same as in his original diagram while demotions go for maximum spread. Every 2nd-placer above the feeder divs wins the benefit of not having to move to another division.

DIV: <1st place destination>, <2nd place>, <3rd place>, <4th place>

Champ: Champ, Champ, Alpha, Beta
Alpha: Champ, Alpha, A, C
Beta: Champ, Beta, B, D
A: Alpha, A, 4, 5
B: Alpha, B, 6, 7
C: Beta, C, 8, 1
D: Beta, D, 2, 3
1: A, 1, 4, F?
2: A, 2, 7, F?
3: B, 3, 2, F?
4: B, 4, 5, F?
5: C, 5, 8, F?
6: C, 6, 3, F?
7: D, 7, 6, F?
8: D, 8, 1, F?
Feeder leagues: 1-8, 1-8, F, F

Any last placer in the number divs would risk getting demoted to the feeder divs, but if there aren't enough of those some will be shuffled to some random other numbered division instead together with the first and second placers from the feeder divs.

If there are more than 19 divs, some feeder divs would only get to promote 1 team and if there ever becomes 23 divs we would need to revise it again.

I'll leave the fitting of drop-outs into this as an exercise for the reader. :-)

(Still nothing more than an idea mind.)

Vexing Vision
27-05-2012, 07:44 PM
The only problem I see is that this system does not scale very well downwards. The Feeder Div can be a single division with everyone in there, and the top eight get into the numbered Division. That's fine.

But the system breaks if there are less than 60 teams participating, as that means we're unable to fill Divisions 1 to 8. Either we would increase the amount of filler-teams, or generally introduce a three-person division (with one automated draw for everyone) to keep things fluid.

Otherwise, the new system looks stellar, and I really want to see what ntw does with the Magic Spreadsheet to accommodate that.

Screwie
27-05-2012, 08:18 PM
I figured if there aren't enough teams to fill out 1-8 then we don't have a 1-8 and the feeder divisions (I don't imagine this is one big block, but enough 4 man divisions to cover the numbers?) feed into A-D?

Jiiiiim
27-05-2012, 08:25 PM
Yeah, exactly. I went down that many levels because that's how many players we have now but it's modifiable to whatever number of people you have. The feeder divisions just represents the incomplete row.

Janek
27-05-2012, 08:26 PM
Jolima's idea is excellent, but we need some sideways-shifting between the seasons too. Otherwise people will end up playing the same people over and over again, and one of the benefits of the small divisions is that each season, there's new challenges.

Could just stick everybody on every "tier" into a hat and draw the specific divisions at random. Would save a lot of dicking about.

(Having said that I think it's more or less fine as it is - dropouts and no-shows will screw things up no matter what system we use)

NieA7
28-05-2012, 12:07 AM
Choosing the divs at random from a pool of going up/staying/going down would keep things mixed nicely, you could even put a block in to stop anyone facing the same person twice in a row - that way we can keep the non-euclidean structure without the Cthulian tentacles linking it all together. Even if people dropped out a bit late in the day it'd allow for easier re-shuffling.

ntw
28-05-2012, 09:09 AM
Okay then, to confirm - this is the plan we're going with this season?

(With apologies to Prester John.)

OK, so lets do this brilliant plan-shaped-thing that some genius came up with! Can someone check whether we are good to go* and if so then start things? (PLEASE remember to check the fixtures match between the sheet and the game - also that you may need to log out of the game to refresh the ingame fixtures because, Cyanide). Again, apologies to Prester John. :(

*Apologies if it has been done already, it is my birthday today so I have been busy all weekend celebrating and enjoying the sunshine. Also it's my wedding anniversary tomorrow so I may well be out of circulation for a few days...

/edit - I should get a chance to logon tonight at about 5pm to do some quick admin stuff, if someone hasn't already....

ntw
28-05-2012, 05:32 PM
OK, starting Divs now!

Looks like we are still missing :
Div4 - Nullkigan, Andy G
Div5 - Kapouille

/edit - I have started from the top down to Div3 & DivD - PLEASE check the fixtures ingame match those in the fixtures tab of the sheet before you commit to (or play!) a match, I have done it in a hurry since I am off out for birthday boozing soon!

20phoenix
28-05-2012, 06:02 PM
OK, starting Divs now!

Looks like we are still missing :
Div4 - Nullkigan, Andy G
Div5 - Kapouille

/edit - I have started from the top down to Div3 & DivD - PLEASE check the fixtures ingame match those in the fixtures tab of the sheet before you commit to (or play!) a match, I have done it in a hurry since I am off out for birthday boozing soon!

Happy birthday :)

somanyrobots
28-05-2012, 08:33 PM
(If we're lucky enough to see Div E get rolled on today, Helio and I can get our match in; else we'll have to wait until next weekend. No pressure though!)

Heliocentric
28-05-2012, 08:45 PM
(If we're lucky enough to see Div E get rolled on today, Helio and I can get our match in; else we'll have to wait until next weekend. No pressure though!)
yeah, the 8 hour timezone thing has meant we barely ever cross paths.

Jolima
28-05-2012, 09:06 PM
All leagues except 4 and 5 have been started and I believe the seedings should be right, but it wouldn't hurt for someone to double check.

The remaining divs are still waiting for Andy G and Kapouille.

Squiz
28-05-2012, 10:06 PM
Happy Birthday, ntw!

President Weasel
28-05-2012, 10:37 PM
Division A

Red Skull Reavers (President Weasel, Chaosmans) 2 - 0 The Easy Dead (Lowkey, undead mans)

A game where I rode my luck, and where Nuffle decided to punish me for low-risk moves and reward me for ridiculous ones.

Things were looking bad in turn (6, I think) when my "I have a reroll left, I will take one go for it to get my man out of anyone's range, and reroll if it goes wrong" ran into Nuffle and his trademarked two 1s in a row.
I'd just mentioned to Lowkey how I had really been hoping to injure more of his team on my drive (I'd only got two KO's by then).

Having been buggered by the dice in a low-risk play and with no re-rolls left, and having failed to properly injure any undeads, I then had a rather spectacular change of luck. I stat-injured (serious concussion, that's -AV I think?) a level 4 ghoul, then without any rerolls:
- blitzed the ghoul standing over my AG4 former ball carrier, but he rode it and sidestepped
- dodged the ball carrier away from the ghoul and to the line
- typed "ELFBALLLLLL!!" (this part is important, whenever you try something like this)
- dodged an AG3 beastman away from his marker
- picked up the ball with the AG3 beastman
- passed the ball successfully
and caught the ball with the AG4 beastman for a touchdown

Somewhere in there I also killed a ghoul, but he was just a 0spp one and Lowkey has loads of cash for a replacement.

Lowkey's attempt at an equaliser failed when I managed another no-reroll dodge with an Ag3 beastman, to take down his ball carrier.

In the second half some nasty dice on an early block gave me a shot at Lowkey's ball carrier, and the ball landed in the hands of a chaos warrior in the middle of the melee. I couldn't keep it though, and a couple of turns later Lowkey made a lone-ghoul breakthrough and sprinted for the line. His ghoul got KO'd, and as his team headed down the pitch to try to retrieve the ball I rode my luck with the dice and managed an almost skavenesque pickup, handoff, short-pass move to get the ball most of the way into Lowkey's half and on its way to my second touchdown.

I'd love to say this was a well-deserved victory, but I really don't think I can. I had excellent rolls when I really needed them, and Lowkey didn't. Nuffle smiled upon the Reavers today.

LowKey
28-05-2012, 10:42 PM
Ah a bit of bad luck but honestly Pres played the better game and deserved the win, the second TD in particular was very well done, the after match stats said the ghoul was now 5 av which I am hoping was a mistake...

somanyrobots
28-05-2012, 11:54 PM
Taxiderm was at a bit of a TV deficiency, so they started the match with babes and a reroll, kicking off to the Lycanthropes. Taxiderm set a lopsided line, and the Lycanthropes accordingly advanced up the weak side. But as their leading blockers got caged in and surrounded, the Lycanthropes chose to smash aside Taxiderm's mummies and switch the field. After a very punchy drive, there was a dramatic moment; the ball-carrier mere steps from the endzone, marked by one ghoul, with another nearby on the ground. The grounded ghoul got up to blitz, but failed his dodge, and went down with a MNG. Turn 5, 1-0.

Taxiderm recovered the kickoff and things immediately went belly-up; the receiving ghoul attempted a hand-off and fumbled it, causing an immediate turnover and a grounded ball. The Lycanthropes immediately exploited the hole, recovering the ball and pulling it back to relative safety. The next turn, they punched their way through, and ran in a turn 8 TD. 2-0. In revenge, Taxiderm used their final turn to give an MNG to one of the Lycanthrope wights.

The second half started much better for Taxiderm; I screwed up my setup, with my kick zombie out of position, and they rolled a quick snap. The kick landed very close to the line of scrimmage, and was promptly picked up by a Taxiderm wight. Lots of back-and-forth blocking, which ended with Taxiderm making a midfield zombie cage, then switching over to a sideline mummy/ghoul cage. The Lycanthropes got some numbers in front of the cage, though, slowing it as best they could. Then Taxiderm pulled a risky maneuver; they rushed the ball carrier past, planting him in scoring distance, but against the sideline, with two ghouls and a skeleton for protection. The Lycanthropes seized on this, injuring the skeleton and crowd-pushing one of the ghouls for a second injury. Taxiderm responded by attempting to hand the ball off to the remaining ghoul, who might dodge away; but a failed catch put paid to that. The necros recovered the ball, and dashed it upfield with just enough time left to score. Helio proceeded to roll, two turns in a row, incredibly poorly-timed BD/BD, giving me an easy TD. 3-0. The remaining turn was a predictable LOS bashfest, but no injuries.

Taxiderm 0 - 3 Lucky Lycanthropes

A very pleasant match! Better luck for me than Helio, I think, but the difference was mostly my more developed team. All the blodge really gave Helio hell. Undead are a bashy team, but necros aren't exactly a slouch in that department, and the levels really counted. He did get an awful lot of mileage out of his babes, but it wasn't enough to counter my large, large quantity of block.

Rhylok
29-05-2012, 12:45 AM
Division H

Blades of the Dwarves vs Doomdark's Revenge
(Dwarves vs Chaos)

Final score:
1-0

Casualties:
2-2

It was a long and grueling game, between two rookie teams. The Dwarves won the coin toss, and elected to receive for the first half. On the kick-off, the fans stormed the ref, but the bribes he gave out to mollify them were never used by either team. The Dwarves attempted some flashy passing to help move the ball forwards, and failed on the first turn. In response, the Chaos players were able to make a deep play to threaten the ball carriers, and a bit of carnage ensued. As all was looking lost for the Dwarves, 'Goose' Runesword threw a huge bomb downfield to one of the Blockers, who made a concerted effort to run downfield for the rest of the half. This resulted in no points, but at this point the Dwarves were leading in casualties 2-1, and each side had a KO. The second half was dominated by Chaos butterfingers. They were inconsistent in holding the ball, and a few poorly times dice-rolls led to the single point in the game.

potatoedoughnut
29-05-2012, 05:26 AM
Ah a bit of bad luck but honestly Pres played the better game and deserved the win, the second TD in particular was very well done, the after match stats said the ghoul was now 5 av which I am hoping was a mistake...

The post match report double counts any stat injuries. A 6AV ghoul will still be a target though.

Everblue
29-05-2012, 07:03 AM
Rhylok - Cheers for the game, I enjoyed it very much. You underplayed that pass in your write up though - that was a wonderful piece of elfball from the unskilled dwarves. My jaw was on the floorwhen the agi 2 blocker caught it and waddled off towards the End Zone.

Heliocentric
29-05-2012, 08:48 AM
The more I learn about Bloodbowl rules, the more I regret being Undead. But I don't regret *having been* undead. But I will be going feral now.

President Weasel
29-05-2012, 09:20 AM
The post match report double counts any stat injuries. A 6AV ghoul will still be a target though.

A 7AV ghoul with no regen is already a target; that's what it's doing with a stat injury in the first place.
Although my Plan A, which was to repeatedly target his wight who was carrying a niggling injury, completely failed and that guy was still on the pitch at the end.

LowKey
29-05-2012, 10:02 AM
Yeah my wights are a bit tricky both being blodgers, the ghoul will remain in the team since he's quite skilled (and is my mobile guard) but I would be surprised if he lasts the season

Everblue
29-05-2012, 03:12 PM
Ghouls are such a double edged sword as an undead coach I imagine - wonderful players but they must die like flies...

20phoenix
29-05-2012, 07:03 PM
Ghouls are such a double edged sword as an undead coach I imagine - wonderful players but they must die like flies...

I'm finding mine quite durable - in 34 games with undead I havent had to fire or had one killed yet. One has a niggle but otherwise they're in good health. That said I only had once at creation, then added in 2nd, 15th and 17th games to get the full roster of 4. I prefer to bring them in one at a time so I can protect them better in the early stages

cyberpunkdreams
29-05-2012, 07:49 PM
Ah, how I've missed the match reports. Great to see that the season's rolling!

Prester John
29-05-2012, 08:39 PM
Div 8 gets underway with a 3-1 win for Beauty and the Beast (Woodies - hurray) over Rock Paper Sneaky Git (Orcs - boo).

A hard fought game - first half Orc's dominated, maiming a wardancer and scoring and 8 turn TD. Second half Woodies got the ball and scored, stole the ball and scored and intercepted the ball and scored. Game can turn very quickly against Woodies.

thanks for the game Squirelfanatic, good game, felt very close.

cyberpunkdreams
29-05-2012, 08:42 PM
Sob for your poor wardancer :(.
Beauty and the Beast vs the Black Bombers might be amusing...

(And never one to miss an opportunity for school-yard humour, mention wardancers and woodies... ummmm...)

Heliocentric
29-05-2012, 09:12 PM

Don't get them Block, with Block they are an understandably irresistible fouling target.

Every ghoul I ever gave block got retired only a few games later.

NieA7
29-05-2012, 10:14 PM
Don't get them Block, with Block they are an understandably irresistible fouling target.

Every ghoul I ever gave block got retired only a few games later.

And don't give them wrestle, first Ghoul I gave wrestle to got +AG next roll, making him an overpowered safety or a dodgy ball carrier.

Prester John
29-05-2012, 10:15 PM
Sob for your poor wardancer :(.
Beauty and the Beast vs the Black Bombers might be amusing...

(And never one to miss an opportunity for school-yard humour, mention wardancers and woodies... ummmm...)

You'll like my Treeman then "Wood for Sheep"
Settlers reference to boot!

Janek
29-05-2012, 10:53 PM
And don't give them wrestle, first Ghoul I gave wrestle to got +AG next roll, making him an overpowered safety or a dodgy ball carrier.

+AG and wrestle are a great combo. I ended up with a bizarre Wrestle/Mighty Blow poor man's blitzer, who actually worked fairly well until Jim broke him ¬_¬

Best example of a ghoul though is the Fumbbl version of Allidinho (http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=7129491) who has literally rolled +AG four times in a row. Shame you can only actually take two of them :(

potatoedoughnut
29-05-2012, 11:31 PM
+AG and wrestle are a great combo. I ended up with a bizarre Wrestle/Mighty Blow poor man's blitzer, who actually worked fairly well until Jim broke him ¬_¬

Best example of a ghoul though is the Fumbbl version of Allidinho (http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=7129491) who has literally rolled +AG four times in a row. Shame you can only actually take two of them :(

I had a AG5 ghoul once, then he died :(

NieA7
30-05-2012, 12:09 AM

It's not bad by any stretch, but on an otherwise Ag2/3 team I'd always give block to any +AG player and use them as a carrier. Using him as a safety always feels like a bit of a waste, but twice when he's had the ball (usually as part of a desperate escape rather than any cunning plan) I've had to use wrestle and dropped it :\

Janek
30-05-2012, 12:56 AM
See I wouldn't use him as a deep safety, I'd be actively harassing the ballcarrier. Throw in Strip Ball and Leap, and you're posing a big threat to the ball.

Even if he never actually touches the carrier, the threat of the steal may disrupt your opponent's positioning decisively. Tactical fear generator.

X_kot
30-05-2012, 01:55 AM
The Knuckle Heads (Ogr, X_kot) 0 - 1 Barebone Bareboners (Khe, Skydancer)

It was a brutal game that saw KOs and injuries handed out like candy. Skydancer used his Tomb Guardians very well, pinning down my ogres and giving his positionals plenty of room. The first half saw the 'Boners break the ogre squad down piecemeal before running the ball in on the second to last turn; the highlight of the drive came from a Thro-ra living (dying?) up to its name and completing a quick pass in coverage. The ref turned the clock back a turn after the TD, but the Knucklers couldn't convert and thus went into the second half trailing by one.

The field seemed to favor the ogres as they began their drive, but some inept positioning and the presence of the indomitable TGs foiled their run. A turnover at centerfield dashed any hopes for an equalizer, although a last-minute attempt by snotlings to emulate the far more graceful, far more vertical, and far more skilled elves nearly reversed the team's fortunes. Alas, it was not to be, and the game ended with a round of gobbo bashing, including a MNG to the only skilled snotling on the pitch.

potatoedoughnut
30-05-2012, 03:32 AM
See I wouldn't use him as a deep safety, I'd be actively harassing the ballcarrier. Throw in Strip Ball and Leap, and you're posing a big threat to the ball.

Even if he never actually touches the carrier, the threat of the steal may disrupt your opponent's positioning decisively. Tactical fear generator.

With AV7 this is a good way to get him killed on a counter blitz. Generally it pays to avoid exposing ghouls to blocks as much as possible and let the zombies or wights take the hits.

Everblue
30-05-2012, 06:54 AM
I have a quick question - my Chaos team is still showing zero games played, no SPPs and no injuries (yay!). Is that because an admin for the league needs to sign off on the result? Or has there been a Cyanide issue?

Thanks very much all

Squiz
30-05-2012, 06:55 AM
Div 8 gets underway with a 3-1 win for Beauty and the Beast (Woodies - BWAHAHA!) over Rock Paper Sneaky Git (Orcs - Woah, yay!).There, fixed it for you.

A hard fought game - first half Orc's dominated, maiming a wardancer and scoring and 8 turn TD. Second half Woodies got the ball and scored, stole the ball and scored and intercepted the ball and scored. Game can turn very quickly against Woodies.You totally forgot to mention the Pouring Rain during my second drive! And the snake-eyes that ruined that one hand-off to my Blitzer who was in direct proximity to a nice little cage. I had that touchdown, I HAD IT! The intercept should never have happened in the first place. Clearly, my thrower (Vinraith) aimed right. Why he threw left is a mystery to me. It was only a 5+ throw, I mean, come on.

Also, that Wardancer totally got what was coming to him. That will teach him to act all tough with his Blodge. -2MV in total, keep on limping.

thanks for the game Squirelfanatic, good game, felt very close.You're welcome. Although Welves were involved, I found the game to be quite enjoyable as well. Might have something to do with the broken Wardancer.

Jiiiiim
30-05-2012, 07:13 AM
I have a quick question - my Chaos team is still showing zero games played, no SPPs and no injuries (yay!). Is that because an admin for the league needs to sign off on the result? Or has there been a Cyanide issue?

Thanks very much all

Yeah games are admin-validated so that when someone disconnects or desyncs it doesn't just automatically award points out. When an admin validates it, you'll get your points.

El Cubo
30-05-2012, 08:55 AM
Also, that Wardancer totally got what was coming to him. That will teach him to act all tough with his Blodge. -2MV in total, keep on limping.

I see my work bears fruit. Nice one!

Everblue
30-05-2012, 09:13 AM
Yeah games are admin-validated so that when someone disconnects or desyncs it doesn't just automatically award points out. When an admin validates it, you'll get your points.

I don't have any points sadly (damn butterfingers beastmen)! Just was a bit worried that the game had been lost in the internet somewhere - thanks very much for clearing that up.

Everblue
30-05-2012, 09:14 AM
(Stupid double post)

Heliocentric
30-05-2012, 10:18 AM
I figured I'd get it out there
http://cdn.steampowered.com/Manuals/58520/Blood_Bowl_Competition_Rules.pdf?t=129
Its the rule book on the steam servers, wierd eh?

cyberpunkdreams
30-05-2012, 12:54 PM

Wardancers are female! I'm shocked that you're advocating violence against women! :p

Squiz
30-05-2012, 12:56 PM
I figured I'd get it out there http://cdn.steampowered.com/Manuals/58520/Blood_Bowl_Competition_Rules.pdf?t=129 Its the rule book on the steam servers, wierd eh?Weird indeed, given that the rulebook is online on the GW page and also located in everyone's BB folder. Why did they put it up there?

Squiz
30-05-2012, 01:20 PM
Wardancers are female! I'm shocked that you're advocating violence against women! :pAre you sure? It is so hard to tell with this bunch of weirdos, eh? In any case, I don't really care if it is a male/female(/shemale?) Welf when it comes to punching them. Does it have pointy ears and rubs against trees? If yes, down it goes.

ntw
30-05-2012, 08:18 PM
Div4 is go, (please check fixtures, because cyanide)

Just Kapouille missing for Div5

Janek
30-05-2012, 09:28 PM
Fixtures look fine in 4. Away we gooooo.

ntw
30-05-2012, 10:33 PM
Div5 started and looks good to me.

SEASON 19 IS OFFICIALLY STARTED

Heliocentric
30-05-2012, 11:22 PM
Div5 started and looks good to me.

SEASON 19 IS OFFICIALLY STARTED

Ugh... Does that invalidate my loss, as yunno the season hadn't started... right?

Jiiiiim
30-05-2012, 11:27 PM
No it counts double

Everblue
31-05-2012, 12:33 AM
Are you sure? It is so hard to tell with this bunch of weirdos, eh?

My initial thoughts on seeing the Wood Elf players:

1) Wow, she's really hot!

2) Phwoarrrr!!1

3) Oh, that's a guy

4) It's all a bit The Crying Game here

5) /shame

Hopefully I am not alone in this.

President Weasel
31-05-2012, 12:36 AM
Feel free to validate my awesome victory in Div A.

Heliocentric
31-05-2012, 12:44 AM
It's early for this business but I don't want to miss out due to unfounded patience.

TaxeDerm (Undead) are being retired at the end of this season.

After being delayed a season in quarantine Prosodemic Pharmacologists (Nurgle) are starting as a fresh team.

ntw
31-05-2012, 08:42 AM
It's early for this business but I don't want to miss out due to unfounded patience.

TaxeDerm (Undead) are being retired at the end of this season.

After being delayed a season in quarantine Prosodemic Pharmacologists (Nurgle) are starting as a fresh team.

Sheet updated.

Squiz
31-05-2012, 09:14 AM
Feel free to validate my awesome victory in Div A.I'd like to piggyback here with my own game in Div8 against PresterJohn (game 1).

sketchseven
31-05-2012, 03:30 PM
When do the weeks stop and start for this season? If someone has dates that'd be awesome.

Not heard anything from my opponent at all; in the event he's just not reachable, is it an admin result that gets posted?

ChainsawHands
31-05-2012, 03:35 PM
When do the weeks stop and start for this season? If someone has dates that'd be awesome.

Not heard anything from my opponent at all; in the event he's just not reachable, is it an admin result that gets posted?Dates are on the spreadsheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApZtTuVnFIbvdDRKQ20yb0N1Zy1FMlcybFFFQ0Vre Xc&authkey=CLqFqKgH&hl=en&authkey=CLqFqKgH#gid=21). Yeah, if you've not managed to get a game in because your opponent's AWOL you get a 2-0 admin win; a 0-0 draw if it's a mutual scheduling issue you've both tried to resolve.

ntw
31-05-2012, 03:46 PM
Week1 ends 9/6, Xenny is related to someone else who plays in the DoD so they should be in contact soon I'd hope...

LowKey
31-05-2012, 05:02 PM
feel free to validate my awesome victory in div a.

disregard this he used pre season mojo magixs

sketchseven
31-05-2012, 05:55 PM
Ah that's cool, I was getting concerned about fitting game in before Week 2 (thinking it was next week, if that makes any sense). But loads of time if Week one doesn't end until the 9th

It's all good, hopefully Xenny will be in touch soon.

cyberpunkdreams
31-05-2012, 06:10 PM
Are you sure? It is so hard to tell with this bunch of weirdos, eh?

I was, ahem, researching this and found that, yes, someone has done a mod (or perhaps spent far too much time in Photoshop) to create naked skins of all the female players and cheerleaders in Blood Bowl. It was inevitable I guess.

Anyway, I still maintain that wardancers are h0t.

Wolfenswan
31-05-2012, 06:45 PM
My match against mrpier was a good lesson in nuffling.

My +St,+Ma thrower was killed by rock throwing fans in turn1 to be apo'd to death. The useless apo would have been useful later, when I received two BH, 1 smashed hip and two KOs (all of them key players; my reaction (http://i.imgur.com/BMEbp.gif) after the third or fourth injury) in the first 8 turns while I didn't even inflict a single KO despite.

The second half was boring. I was down to 8 players, received more KOs and had no way to stop 3 gutter runnes. Tried my best but forfeit in turn 13 (with 6 players left on the field), ending turns until the game was done.

On the bright side: got 1 SPP for passing.

0-3

DWZippy
31-05-2012, 07:23 PM
Me and Cyberpunkdreams drew 1-1 last night. It was pretty good fun and he was a great opponent. Also, we both critically failed hard at the end there.

Everblue
31-05-2012, 07:23 PM
My +St,+Ma thrower was killed by rock throwing fans in turn1 to be apo'd to death.

Oh God, that's horrible.

Some player deaths are just cruel. I read about the death of a +1 St, block, tackle minotaur being killed by an unassisted rookie elf lineman on the last turn of a lost game. I read somewhere (on here?) about a +2 ST orc blitzer dying on a failed GFI.

Nuffle is a vengeful master.

mrpier
31-05-2012, 07:24 PM
Yeah, second half can't have been much fun :-/

My ratdogs had a great time though, no injuries (a first for them I believe) and at least three skillups.

ntw
31-05-2012, 08:09 PM
Results validated.

Screwie
31-05-2012, 09:29 PM
Can somebody validate my Div 3 match against Jarvis please? Report forthcoming.

Gorm
31-05-2012, 10:55 PM
Just played against Kapouilles halflings with my skaven, his treemen placement was really good and kept the game close. I had real trouble getting the ball away from those st 6 monsters with guard and multi-block. I scored in the first half, then he managed a thrown team mate to score making it even stevens for the start of the 2nd half.

1-1

The 2nd half turned into a brawl which i was rapidly losing. I managed to get a thrower on the ball, and he threw it out to a gutter runner who then skaven'd across the pitch mostly out of reach of the halflings and managed to score next turn. Taking it to 2-1. After kicking to the halflings, they formed a large loose cage and i managed to break one layer of it then dodge 2 gutters next to the ball carrier, an unlucky dodge roll from Kapouille got the ball free for me and one of the gutters ran it in again. 3-1.

With one turn left each Kapouille had to try for another throw team mate, and it worked. But the halfling was one square too far away to run it in, even with the go for its. And so the Skaven were declared the best cheese eaters, this time.

Kapouille
31-05-2012, 11:00 PM
And so the Skaven were declared the best cheese eaters, this time.

I'd like to add that it was quite a fun game, with a lot of victims on each side, lots of spectacular actions and lots of ball fumbling on both sides!

Gorm
31-05-2012, 11:08 PM
Yea i really enjoyed it, it was really close til right at the end. I think i will have to retire one player, and one of them died. But linerats are cheap.

Skydancer
01-06-2012, 01:16 AM
The Knuckle Heads (Ogr, X_kot) 0 - 1 Barebone Bareboners (Khe, Skydancer)

It was a brutal game that saw KOs and injuries handed out like candy. Skydancer used his Tomb Guardians very well, pinning down my ogres and giving his positionals plenty of room. The first half saw the 'Boners break the ogre squad down piecemeal before running the ball in on the second to last turn; the highlight of the drive came from a Thro-ra living (dying?) up to its name and completing a quick pass in coverage. The ref turned the clock back a turn after the TD, but the Knucklers couldn't convert and thus went into the second half trailing by one.

The field seemed to favor the ogres as they began their drive, but some inept positioning and the presence of the indomitable TGs foiled their run. A turnover at centerfield dashed any hopes for an equalizer, although a last-minute attempt by snotlings to emulate the far more graceful, far more vertical, and far more skilled elves nearly reversed the team's fortunes. Alas, it was not to be, and the game ended with a round of gobbo bashing, including a MNG to the only skilled snotling on the pitch.

I think that quick pass won me the game more than anything else... If the ball scattered to a snotling I guess the result would have been quite different!

And... I got 4 skillups from our match! How 'bout you?

Kapouille
01-06-2012, 08:24 AM
But linerats are cheap.

Not as cheap as HLs :) (but then they can actually do some stuff ;))

Screwie
01-06-2012, 10:14 AM
Cute Harmless Hippies (Chaos, Jarvis) vs Dread Pool (Dark Elf, me)

This match got off to a brutal start, with Jarvis severely outblocking me and causing 3 Badly Hurts in quick succession. From that point I was outnumbered and unable to strike back effectively. Jarvis successfully stalled to the end of the first half to go 1-0 up.

I had the lone turn 8 to get a quick pass in for an SPP and we set up again to receive for the second half.

Half time: Hippies 1 - 0 Pool

In the second half I pushed down the left flank of the pitch. Jarvis' chosen formation was very clever and really limited the openings I could create with a blitz, and so the chaos bodies pressed in around my cage and slowed my drive to a crawl.

In the end I took a chance, sending my ball-carrying runner through a slight gap on the extreme left and relying on his AG to dodge through tackle zones. It worked, he was only 5 squares from the end zone but completely isolated. Jarvis responded with a beastie blitz, but I used Dump-Off to knock-on the ball into open space and he didn't have the MA to recover it.

The next turn my runner scooped up the ball again, now with a lineman and blitzer following in support. Unfortunately without Jump Up or very springy shoes, my runner couldn't reach the ball and the end zone in that one turn and so left himself open for another blitz. The blitz came and again, the Dump-Off threw the ball into open space to keep the drive alive.

Jarvis had parked two men on the ball and he'd knocked down both my runner and blitzer, so they would not be able to score this turn. With the LoS locked down by Jarvis' team, I wasn't going to squeeze any more support through. So I had to rely on my lineman. He dodged through two tackle zones, picked up the ball despite the opposition marking it (with a TRR assist) and dodged again, making it over the line with a single GFI. Equalised!

So there were three turns remaining and Chaos to receive. With a bit of luck I was confident I could force a tie. Unfortunately my Kicker was Badly Hurt and his unskilled replacement's kick went way wide - landing just over the halfway line in the lap of the beastman Jarvis obviously wanted to lead his drive. Bugger. To rub salt in the wound, the kick off result was a Quick Snap, so Jarvis' team were all over mine already.

I pushed back the beastman drive on one flank, but they created space in the centre and ran through there instead. My elves tried to catch up and blitz them away, but critical die failures and no TRRs remaining cut my turns short. I could only get tackle zones on Jarvis' ball carrier, which he effortlessly pushed away before walking over the line for the victory.

Full time: Hippies 2 - 1 Pool

I'm not too sad about this game. I was more interested in surviving it than winning and as it turned out the match was amazingly injury-free - I had 2 apoths and used neither - so I can't complain. Also I managed to level up 4 of my players (and Jarvis levelled another 2) so it was a solid outing and I'm happy with that much.

Cheers for the game!

PS. Also Jarvis promised me he'd slaughter Kajo so :D

President Weasel
01-06-2012, 12:48 PM
Results validated.

3 skill ups! Thanks ntw.
Extra arm, mighty blow, and, err, mighty blow! Subtle, we ain't.

Heliocentric
01-06-2012, 01:07 PM
Oh God, that's horrible.
[...]
Nuffle is a vengeful master.

The best Murders are turn 16 fouls.
Its like "Oh hai! I hear your like shoes and breathing, so I put a boot in your throat so you can.... Hai??"

Alistair Hutton
01-06-2012, 01:13 PM
The best Murders are turn 16 fouls.
Its like "Oh hai! I hear your like shoes and breathing, so I put a boot in your throat so you can.... Hai??"

If you don't want to be fouled on turn 16 then you shouldn't be a War Dancer/Witch Elf (delete as appropriate).

Heliocentric
01-06-2012, 01:18 PM
If you don't want to be fouled on turn 16 then you shouldn't be a Bloodbowl player.

Fixed that for you.

Screwie
01-06-2012, 01:19 PM
I am so glad my Dark Elf side won't get dumped in with your Undead next season now you're retiring them, Helio.

20phoenix
01-06-2012, 01:22 PM
If you don't want to be fouled on turn 16 then you shouldn't be a War Dancer/Witch Elf (delete as appropriate).

From experience i'd like to add gutter runners to that list. And High Elf throwers. In fact if you're AG4 and you're on the floor someones liable to stamp on your face. Or your legs.

20phoenix
01-06-2012, 01:40 PM
I lost to Dentharial 1-0. I read somewhere that if you fail to score at least two TDs as Skaven you've played badly. In this particular instance they were very right.

Dentharials Orcs received first and right from the off I was in his face taking down the ball carrier three times and slowing his progress to such an extent that he was forced to attempt a pass to score with no rerolls left. This failed miserably so with a full lineup and a 0-0 scoreline I went into HT feeling very confident. Within two turns of HT that confidence had evaporated. A high kick got my designated GR the ball and a blitz down the left created some space to leave me with an easy score next turn. Except I'd cocked up the pocket I'd placed the ball carrier in...... After standing up the knockdowns one push was all it took to open up a blitz (he did have to make an AG3 dodge with no reroll for this to happen) and my blodging GR was crowdsurfed. Pocket fail. The ball was thrown into my half to end the turn. I was able to go back and retrieve the loose ball but was presented with a dilemma. Drop the ball carrier back - reset the attack and push forward next turn (this would leave the ball carrier exposed and 1 push away from a blitz) or push forward and attempt a 5+ pass to a GR in the clear. I went for the second but failed the pass with reroll and the ball was now on the floor at halfway with almost zero protection and most my pieces deep in enemy territory. I managed to harass him enough for the rest of the game, mainly by throwing kamikaze blocks at the ball carrier who was safely inside a four corner cage. This was successful enough to keep the result in doubt till the end. On my last turn my wrodging GR got a free shot at the no skills ball carrier requiring just one GFI to make it. GFI fail. The Orcs were left to stroll the ball over the line.

It was an interesting if somewhat frustrating game. One error cost me dearly but despite only having the ball for two turns I had Dentharial on edge throughout the game.

Squiz
01-06-2012, 01:41 PM
From experience i'd like to add gutter runners to that list. And High Elf throwers. In fact if you're AG4 and you're on the floor someones liable to stamp on your face. Or your legs.I'd gladly stamp their legs on their face.

Heliocentric
01-06-2012, 02:16 PM
I am so glad my Dark Elf side won't get dumped in with your Undead next season now you're retiring them, Helio.

Don't get to relaxed, I'm partly going Nurgle because of the synergy of claws and mighty blow.

Screwie
01-06-2012, 02:23 PM
Don't get to relaxed, I'm partly going Nurgle because of the synergy of claws and mighty blow.

Sure, but at least you're a lot slower and have Decay to worry about.

That and you're several divisions away, too. >.>

Heliocentric
01-06-2012, 02:49 PM
Sure, but at least you're a lot slower and have Decay to worry about.

That and you're several divisions away, too. >.>I'm patient.

Kapouille
01-06-2012, 02:55 PM

...And you like tentacles?

X_kot
01-06-2012, 03:54 PM
I think that quick pass won me the game more than anything else... If the ball scattered to a snotling I guess the result would have been quite different!

And... I got 4 skillups from our match! How 'bout you?

Just one - a double on the hobbled snotling. These gobbos are eating up all of my doubles!

Heliocentric
01-06-2012, 04:59 PM
Just one - a double on the hobbled snotling. These gobbos are eating up all of my doubles!

Get Hail Mary Pass on the snotling, because it's subversive! Use am Ogre to throw a diving catcher out of blitz range and if he doesn't get stunned (I guess a stun might just mean delaying a turn) or worse them end your turn with a hmp, in the event he catches move in for the TD.

ChainsawHands
01-06-2012, 05:17 PM
You can only do one pass a turn, so you couldn't throw a snotling and do a hail mary pass.

Heliocentric
01-06-2012, 05:38 PM
You can only do one pass a turn, so you couldn't throw a snotling and do a hail mary pass.

Oh, my bad, thought TTM was separate.

Screwie
01-06-2012, 05:40 PM
Oh, my bad, thought TTM was separate.

Nope, although Bombardier is separate.

laneford
02-06-2012, 07:50 AM
Surely leader on the snotlings considering the cost of ogre re rolls?

Zoraster
03-06-2012, 08:11 AM
I think ‘FFS’ sums up the game with Snoozer quite well. Had more disconnects in one game than all my previous DoD and Open games combined. Reconnected each time no trouble (although it did cost me all my set up time at the start of the second half) until it finally decided to give up in turn 14 just as I was making a potentially match winning block :( C’est la vie. It didn’t even bother waiting for the 5 minute countdown as I think we lost sync as the connection was lost mid-blitz after I dodged out. Just got the network connection lost button to quit the match and then I crashed to desktop while reporting to server so I’ll probably get handed a loss anyway. Cyanide huh :)

Doubt we’ll have a chance to replay so I’d say setting it as 1-1 would probably be fair. I was 1-0 up in turn 14 and in the midst of two dice on the exposed BC, but the initial block was double pushes so I would have used my last reroll and didn’t have anyone who could have actually recovered the ball even if the pow or stumbles was forthcoming. Snoozer would have been hard pressed to score in the time remaining but he had numbers and rerolls so it was more likely than not, especially with the AG4 receiver providing an unDwarfy option play.

Zoraster
03-06-2012, 08:13 AM
Surely leader on the snotlings considering the cost of ogre re rolls?

Too fragile to rely on being on the pitch or living long so you can't drop a reroll for it. All it can do is provide an additional reroll so that is a false economy.

El Cubo
03-06-2012, 09:04 AM
Wayward Gladiators (El Cubo) vs. The Top Brass (deesno/Cacamas)

Wayward Gladiators were in the mood for murder. None were committed despite their best efforts (76 blocks thrown), but several elves took offense to the treatment and refused to return to the pitch. After the first half, three of the pointy-ears were fed up and by the end of the game, two more were sent away. Nuffle didn't favor the elves either, their dodging was only 71% effective. Despite all this, The Top Brass managed to score during their attack in the second half after a blitz against the superb elven passer Éamon de Valera was thwarted by a snake-eyed gfi. Despite Brutus' disturbing presence, he dropped a long bomb on the receiving elf Hugo Chávez who, despite being subsequently knocked down by Romulus, did the touchdown.

Still, throughout the game, Wayward Gladiators controlled the pitch with their tender care. One touchdown was scored at the end of both halves, so the game resulted in 2-1 for the Norse.

---

The stats of the match look interesting:

Out of the 76 block thrown, only one caused a turnover for the Gladiators. The elves threw only 17 blocks but two caused a turnover.

The Top Brass did try to dodge 58 times but succeeded only 41 times. The norsemen didn't dodge.

MadDave123
03-06-2012, 06:50 PM
Stunty Lizardmen (Karandraz) VS. (MadDave123) Stinky Nurgle

Karandraz opened the game by saying "I expect a lot of bad luck in this one. After my last game went so well". Boy was he not wrong. Re-rolls into skulls, 4 foul appearances in 1 turn, stunty skinks that like throwing the ball at the square next to their team mate, and a brave skink who, as he blitzed my ball carrying pestigor, managed to ram his face into the same pestigor's horn and smoosh his body all over the floor.

Brown the skink, you're in all our prayers. The crowd loved Brown as well it seems, because on the next drive they trew rocks at the Nurgle-shaped team and knocked a rotter out cold.

Still, even that wasn't enough to make up for some of the freakish pain Nuffle was handing out today.

Final score:
Nurgle 2 - 1 Lizardmen

Karandraz, as always it was a pleasure to play against you. Hopefully your luck will swing the other way again in your next match. :)

Alistair Hutton
03-06-2012, 09:27 PM
Dragon and I played a match. He got his revenge after the last game where I fluked a draw and he ran out 2-1. Some outrageous fortune came my way and I could not capitalise fully on it.

NieA7
03-06-2012, 10:09 PM
Could an admin check if mine and Sponge's game needs to be reset in Div B? Unfortunately I crashed out (again) in the first half, we're hoping to replay on Tuesday.

karandraz
03-06-2012, 11:27 PM
The feeling is mutual madDave, a well deserved win! Brown will be sorely missed, especially since i really kind of need all the agility i can get in my next match. So then. Dwarves.

El Cubo
04-06-2012, 07:03 AM
Could an admin check if mine and Sponge's game needs to be reset in Div B?

You can check it yourself by looking at the league calendar. If there's a result there, it needs resetting. If there isn't, the match hasn't registered.

NieA7
04-06-2012, 01:47 PM
You can check it yourself by looking at the league calendar. If there's a result there, it needs resetting. If there isn't, the match hasn't registered.

Thanks for the tip, hadn't thought of that. It's showing a 2-0 win for Sponge so it does need to be reset unfortunately.

Zoraster
04-06-2012, 03:57 PM
Thanks for the tip, hadn't thought of that. It's showing a 2-0 win for Sponge so it does need to be reset unfortunately.

Along with Snoozer's game against me in Div C while you are at it Mr Adminny person.

By the by when does the round finish? Think it is highly unlikely Snoozer and I will get to replay but knowing the schedule would help :)

Jiiiiim
04-06-2012, 05:31 PM
Monopole Magnates (Jim, lizards) vs Elf Harm ('hands, elves)

Twice I have played these elves and twice I have won, but their ridiculous players endure and continue to get more ridiculous. He's got a strength 4 frenzy leaper, an AG5 one, a move 10 strength 4 ag 5 catcher....it's bizarre how good some of those players are, put them in any other team and they'd be the star but here they're just one in a big list of stars. I guess it's like playing for Barcelona or something. Hopefully my lizards would be like Chelsea or something.

Anyway I have commissioned this tapestry to celebrate the game and communicate the score. Give it a minute to load and I recommend setting it to full speed once it starts to move.

http://artpad.art.com/gallery/?m53pepn8nis

Hands has pointed out I forgot an N in that. Um. INTENTIONAL. Or should I say...Itetioal

ntw
04-06-2012, 05:57 PM
Monopole Magnates (Jim, lizards) vs Elf Harm ('hands, elves)

Twice I have played these elves and twice I have won, but their ridiculous players endure and continue to get more ridiculous. He's got a strength 4 frenzy leaper, an AG5 one, a move 10 strength 4 ag 5 catcher....it's bizarre how good some of those players are, put them in any other team and they'd be the star but here they're just one in a big list of stars. I guess it's like playing for Barcelona or something. Hopefully my lizards would be like Chelsea or something.

Anyway I have commissioned this tapestry to celebrate the game and communicate the score. Give it a minute to load and I recommend setting it to full speed once it starts to move.

Hands has pointed out I forgot an N in that. Um. INTENTIONAL. Or should I say...Itetioal

Oh that is beautiful. Also, you need help. Special help from head doctors...

ntw
04-06-2012, 05:58 PM
Along with Snoozer's game against me in Div C while you are at it Mr Adminny person.

By the by when does the round finish? Think it is highly unlikely Snoozer and I will get to replay but knowing the schedule would help :)

Sheet says 7th

/edit - both games seem to have been reset

Jarvis
04-06-2012, 10:19 PM

I love you jiiiim.

grinn
05-06-2012, 12:13 PM
Rok 'Ard Nobz (orcs, me) played the Multi Coloured Dudes (humans, groovy) yesterday in a division 1 game. The Nobz had an easy game maiming the star Ogre on the first turn, keeping at bay the monster King Zod (Str 5 Blitzer!) and bashing the rest of the team merrily into the ground for a 2-0 win. Groovy had some atrocious luck - particularly at the start of his drive in the second half, where a perfect defence coupled with a re-rolled single die block that ended in a skull before any other blocks were thrown. The los turned into a multi-coloured domino cascade and two catchers awkwardly set up on the far left centre line got KOd and crowd surfed, respectively. The rest was an easy walk up-field for the Nobz.

chadsexington
05-06-2012, 12:30 PM
Played my Norse vs Eards Chaos team last night in Div 7.

The dice got so bad that Eard was complaining that I had shit dice. My Yeti made a total of 5 moves the entire match - all of them attacking the square next to him. 4/5 of those were wild animal - 4/5 rolls were 1's.

Essentially nothing I could do went right. Eard, on the other hand, showed off the completely unbiased dice in the first half by executing two dodges, a pickup, and two GFI's for a TD with a chaos warrior.

I tried, I really did. I refused to give up until around turn 14 when it was apparent that none of my guys could stop Eard's third touchdown and there wasn't any bashing I could do anymore.

Team Demolition 3 - Norwegian Nancies 0

Vexing Vision
05-06-2012, 12:49 PM
There was a match last night between Hugh Tower's Elves and my Amazons. He won in touchdowns, I won in casualties.

Sadly the two bribes I brought along with a Wizard and a boozebabe weren't quite sufficent to dodge the two rocks, the Blitz, the permanent rain and the countless failed three-dice-blocks (with tackle). *sighs*

It was a great and exciting match though. I was outclassed by both Hugh and the dice. 2:1 for the Tiny Dancers. Someone kill Shirley for me, please.

boots468
05-06-2012, 03:31 PM
My Lizards faced off against JayTee's Khemri this morning, and as you would expect from a game that kicked off with just three ag3+ players on the pitch, it was not end-to-end elfball. The blocking wasn't particularly fruitful either though - I think 4 of the 6 injuries were caused by failed dodges or the crowd.

The actual game was much closer than the final score suggested - both halves were very similar in that the recieving team's drive fizzled out in a loose ball in the 4th turn or so. Thankfully for me the skink's dodginess and raw speed (and the dice not failing me when it mattered) was enough to get away from the lumbering skeletons and I came away with a 2-0 win.

Thanks for the game JayTee, and better luck in your other group games!

laneford
05-06-2012, 04:16 PM
Rejected RPG Stats (Nur - Laneford) 0 - 3 Hardwood Harpies (WElf - drawlien)

I got somewhat thumped by drawlien's elves yesterday.

Essentially against woodelves I have one plan, which is hope to inflict as many casualties as possible quickly enough, before they can build up too much of a lead, and try to score once a decent numerical advantage has been built up. With 4 or 5 players with mightly blow, and at least the same number with tackle, I was relatively optimistic about my chances.

Unfortunately a combination of unexpectedly tough elves and rubbish block dice meant that drawlien could get a lead early, and then crucially, steal the ball on my own drive and score again. Despite me hitting his wardancers with a blitz most turns, they stubbornly refused to die, and basically singlehandedly won the the game, one leaping into the cage with guard and putting in an assist on the ball carrier, the other leaping in and hitting him. I basically could never keep hold of the ball, through being blitzed, or failing GFIs, to or establish control on the pitch, until it was too late and I was 3-0 down.

Towards the very end of the game I finally started putting some of the elves in hospital, but by then it was all a bit too late for me to do anything about it.

Congrats to drawlien, hopefully I'll have better luck in what's sure to be a very subtle and tactical matchup against President Weasel's chaos next time around...

Eard
05-06-2012, 10:52 PM
Played my Norse vs Eards Chaos team last night in Div 7.

The dice got so bad that Eard was complaining that I had shit dice. My Yeti made a total of 5 moves the entire match - all of them attacking the square next to him. 4/5 of those were wild animal - 4/5 rolls were 1's.

Essentially nothing I could do went right. Eard, on the other hand, showed off the completely unbiased dice in the first half by executing two dodges, a pickup, and two GFI's for a TD with a chaos warrior.

I tried, I really did. I refused to give up until around turn 14 when it was apparent that none of my guys could stop Eard's third touchdown and there wasn't any bashing I could do anymore.

Team Demolition 3 - Norwegian Nancies 0

Confirming this was some of the most consistently terrible dice I've seen someone roll. The only thing that rolled well was your KO'd players coming back on to the field. I was really expecting a bash race too, but never happened thanks in large to the extra wild Yeti.

And I really did feel ashamed for that end of first half Chaos Warrior walking on water. 6, 6, 4, 5, 4, 6 on that play cause I had nothing better to try, didn't even need a reroll.

Alini
06-06-2012, 12:28 AM
Bishi Bashi Speshal (Desvergeh) 1 : Brewery Management (Alini) 2

Several seasons in, the dwarves finally get a grip and do what they're meant to - stay (largely) standing and most certainly not die, while Bishi Bashi suffered a death, were plagued by an overly zealous referee (sending away two players after their fouls) and had numerous left feet (at least 2 GFIs failed).

Bishi Bashi got a lovely touchdown when the dwarves crowd surfed the ball carrier only for the ball to be thrown back in a few squares from the touch line in the vicinity of an unmarked green skin, but just couldn't punch the little darlings hard enough to keep them off the pitch and stop them from scoring.

drawlien
06-06-2012, 09:02 AM
Thanks for the write-up Laneford. You were a bit unlucky that my Wardancers decided they felt like playing in that match. They seem to alternate between failing every single dice-roll (especially for leap) and being super-elf wonder-leapers that pass everything and are unstoppable. You kinda got the latter the other day!

Anyway, thanks for the game and good luck against the other bashy teams.

desvergeh
06-06-2012, 11:09 AM
Bishi Bashi Speshal (Desvergeh) 1 : Brewery Management (Alini) 2

Several seasons in, the dwarves finally get a grip and do what they're meant to - stay (largely) standing and most certainly not die, while Bishi Bashi suffered a death, were plagued by an overly zealous referee (sending away two players after their fouls) and had numerous left feet (at least 2 GFIs failed).

Bishi Bashi got a lovely touchdown when the dwarves crowd surfed the ball carrier only for the ball to be thrown back in a few squares from the touch line in the vicinity of an unmarked green skin, but just couldn't punch the little darlings hard enough to keep them off the pitch and stop them from scoring.

Thanks for the game Alini.

I had a mixture of good and bad luck. The fouls and GFIs you mentioned, as well as the troll repeatedly being stupid despite the adjacent player, and one turn where I threw 9 mostly 2-dice blocks, and didn't get a single knockdown! However this was made up for somewhat by the extremely lucky throw-in, and the fact your deathroller didn't achieve anything useful despite being on the pitch for nearly half the game.

The day was won by your skillful positioning of the dwarves, and the sheer abundance of guard and block on your team.

I hate playing against dwarves!

potatoedoughnut
06-06-2012, 04:34 PM
Jolima and I played our champs match last weekend, I'll try and do my best to remember some details.

This being my first time playing against Vampires I wasn't entirely sure how best to play. I took a wizard, babe, and bribe as inducements for my necros and figured I would try and eliminate as many Thralls as possible and hope for bloodlusts.

Jolima received and scored a quick TD on turn 2 or 3. After that I hung my ball carrier back and bashed as much as I could hoping to break through the Thrall's AV7. This worked pretty well and ample fouling and a few crowd pushes helped as well. By the end of the half Jolima was down to just 4 Vampires, but still managed to put a good deal of pressure on the ballcarrier. I opted to stall as long as I could since I only scored 1-2 casualties and the rest were KOs. I scored on turn 8 to tie 1-1.

The second half Jolima started with three thralls and 5 Vampires. The thralls were quickly eliminated, but again since there was mostly KOs I opted to stall until turn 15. The kick went very deep and Jolima wasn't able to move it the length of the pitch in 2 turns (with a little help from the wizard, though it was pretty unnecessary).

Final score was 2-1 to my necros. I could have played it a bit more agressively and scored earlier and hoped to get the ball off him, but with his freak super vampires I wasn't confident I could get them down before they scored. And since Jolima had 6-7 players in the KO box I tired to minimize the chances of them coming back. It didn't lead to the most exciting game, but it worked.

Despite having only Vampires on the pitch for quite some time Jolima managed to not fail any bloodlust rolls (using pro and TRR to great effect). If a vampire or two went to munch the crowd I probably would have been more aggressive with my scoring.

Despite getting 12 KOs during the match I only managed a couple injuries and nothing permanent. Jolima got a couple KOs and straight killed one of my ghouls. It's sad, but was bound to happen. I'm suprised they've managed to survive this long. Hopefully this means my wights and golems will stop dieing now. Also my remaining ghoul (with block, +agi, +mv) rolled another +mv making him 9347 blodge and hogging ALL of the stat increases for the team (I've had a total of 3 stats and 3 doubles (1 died) so far :( ).

It seems all the teams in champs, except mine, are stat freaks this season.

groovychainsaw
07-06-2012, 08:45 AM
Chaps! Week 1 ends today! Gete your games (or your excuses) in ASAP! That is all!

JayTee
07-06-2012, 10:44 AM
My Lizards faced off against JayTee's Khemri this morning, and as you would expect from a game that kicked off with just three ag3+ players on the pitch, it was not end-to-end elfball. The blocking wasn't particularly fruitful either though - I think 4 of the 6 injuries were caused by failed dodges or the crowd.

The actual game was much closer than the final score suggested - both halves were very similar in that the recieving team's drive fizzled out in a loose ball in the 4th turn or so. Thankfully for me the skink's dodginess and raw speed (and the dice not failing me when it mattered) was enough to get away from the lumbering skeletons and I came away with a 2-0 win.

Thanks for the game JayTee, and better luck in your other group games!So a rather dismal return for the Comics and another game that shows I find Lizards to be the hardest team to play against.

Things started off well, no rain, not the asstastic snow pitch, and for the first time in something like 5 seasons the Comics win the toss! Huzzah! With Boots bringing a Saurus All Star and a Krox along giving him 8 bashy players against my 5 (My second Blitz-Ra lacks any SPPs so is largely pathetic) I elected to receive and hoped I'd be able to lay out some hurt and give me the player advantage I needed.

My drive fizzled out quickly, mainly because I tried to push too fast and overextended, combined with 2 frustrating stuns on players left my carrier exposed and quickly surfed to BH. Boots capitalised on the loose ball and ran in a TD on the final turn of the first half. I've taken 2 BHs and a KO, Boots has taken 3 KOs and no Cas.

The second half started off nicely enough, my KO woke up and both of Boots' Sauri became lazy and stayed sleeping just his Skink waking up. As he said, the drive fizzled out after a few turns but my Khemri were completely inept at bashing and failed to make a hole in the line. I eventually lost the ball out of a desperation ELFBALL moment and despite a ridiculous show from both teams at failing to get the ball Boots eventually nabbed it and ran away with a Skink.

I've got a free TG, with Block & MB, in range to Blitz down the skink. A 3-dice block against a non-Block player, with a re-roll? Easy right?

Push/Stumble/Skull

At this point Boots has only failed one dodge the entire match so I had to get a Pow. So I re-rolled.

Skull/Skull/Skull

Oh joy. So Boots easily runs in the second TD thanks to complete uselessness on my part at rolling dice. That was the third time that match I'd re-rolled a crucial Block only to cause a Turnover. I'm giving up on re-rolls.

All-in-all I just could not roll useful Blocks when required. Sure I KOed a few Sauri, BH one skink, but just could not roll anything other than Stumble on Dodge players (And I only have Tackle on a single Blitz-Ra) or Push. Boots on the other hand managed to knock over players quite frequently, handing out a fair share of Stuns to boot. He also lucked his way through with a fair few 6s on dodge rolls :(

Ah well, at least I get an MVP on a player right? No. I get MVP on a 0 SPP Skeleton who has done nothing in the last few matches other than sit on the side of the pitch. This now puts me at I think 6 players who are 1 SPP away from a level. Rage.

groovychainsaw
07-06-2012, 10:01 PM
Ok all games validated and divisions moved on that i could find. A handful outstanding - make your excuses or I (or another admin) will be defaulting the games and moving you on to day 2 tomorrow!

Dog Pants
07-06-2012, 10:24 PM
Div D: Anuphi Rises (KHE, Dog Pants) 1 - 0 The Phantom Menace (NEC, Rakysh)

The two teams of (mostly) dead things line up in the pouring rain for the second time in two seasons. Anupshi Rises win the toss and choose to kick, dropping the ball conveniently to a Ghoul. The Phantom Menace surge forward and an eager Werewolf opens the first half by stealing the kicking skeleton's femur, which he carries round for a little while, leaving the skele in the injured dugout and with a permanent limp. Meanwhile the Ghoul-on-the-ball heads in the other direction. The Khemri move to plug gaps as fights erupt, when suddenly the ball carrier breaks left and passes off to the Werewolf, who chooses the ball over the leg bone and bolts for the touchline. He makes it to within a yard of his goal, but is brought down by a Blitz-Ra. Anupshi take the ball and make it back to the half way line before the other Werewolf breaks the ball loose again, which lands out of bounds. When the ball is returned it settles on the Phantom Menace touchline (the bribed ball-boy strikes again). The two teams race to retrieve it, with the Khemri untangling themselves from the melee first. As the last seconds tick away Anupshi's veteran Thro-Ra slides around in the mud trying to pick up the ball. He ingloriously jumps on it after it slides over the line for an ugly last second touchdown.

The second half begins as the last ended, with the champ Thro-Ra dropping the ball. The Phantom Menace cannon forward after the loose ball, and a brawl erupts in the defenders' half. Anupshi Rises' rookie Thro-Ra pulls an astonishing play, sweeping the ball up from under the nose of a Ghoul, which he then punches before fleeing to a protective cage. The possession doesn't last long before the ball is free again. The ensuing brawl follows the ball, moving this way and that, until a Phantom Menace fumble sees the ball skip from clumsy player to clumsy player, travelling all the way to the back of the melee on the Necromantic side. A Thro-Ra breaks from the pack in a similar fashion to the first half, escorted by a pair of Tomb Guardians. Not to be put off by two hulking, ancient corpses though, a plucky Werewolf hammers the ball carrier out from between them. As both teams converge on the ball for another fight the whistle blows.

A very even match which could have easily ended differently, but proved hugely entertaining for both coaches due to the amount of Nuffle dished out.

Gorm
07-06-2012, 10:54 PM
Ooo got doubles on my 2nd stormvermin, was going to give him tackle. But i gave him dodge because of blodge.

sketchseven
07-06-2012, 11:02 PM
Xenny's Beserkers 1 vs Odin's Longboatsmen 2

A game I thought was going to be over before it even began, as Xenny's opening drive put over half my team into the dugout - four KO, 2 badly hurt and one very, very dead. With a first half that saw a lot of action but little scoring, Xenny put the ball across the line on his last turn ... with the tattered remains of my team barely standing up.

Second half saw a reversal of fortune, with barely half my team on the pitch for the opening drive - first a ludicrous bit of passing in the centre of the field saw a linesman scampering away for an equaliser with a freshly caught ball in his hands. On the return for Xenny an unlucky Both Down saw a frenzying Norse Werewolf put down as his lack of Block failed him, leaving the ball carrier open for a hopeful blitz. The ball bounced off into the crowd and was hurled back perfectly for my Runner to snatch it up and hare off for the endzone. An inconvenient patch of ice put paid to the pursuing Xenny's blitz and I ran in the second touchdown with two turns remaining.

A match played out entirely in blizzard conditions - and a match that was won more through luck than skill - but a win's a win. Just need to save up some cash to replace my dead player now ... and get a Yheti.

(Our Div H match needs adminning ...)

Screwie
08-06-2012, 12:00 AM
Ok all games validated and divisions moved on that i could find. A handful outstanding - make your excuses or I (or another admin) will be defaulting the games and moving you on to day 2 tomorrow!

Well dammit, both my levelling linemen rolled +AG and my AG 5 runner rolled a +MA/AV. I hate having to pass up stat boosts, but my dark elves sorely need the skills.

NieA7
08-06-2012, 12:14 AM
Read in Tooth and Claw (Necro, me) vs. Prefistoric (Lizardman, Sponge)

A replay of a match two seasons ago that left the lizards more than a little battered after a 3-1 defeat, thanks largely to two Sauruses and the Krox missing the game after a bruising encounter with a Nurgle team. This time both teams were at full strength, though while the Lizards had picked up several new skills (giving all the Sauruses block, including the strength 5 one) all the Necros had got was a -MV injury to a Wight.

Our first attempt to play the game was cut short on turn 5 after my computer crashed. Sponge was overwhelmingly in control and was stalling out near the end zone, with most of the undead laid out on the pitch (although only 1 zombie was off, having been KOd). This time things went a little better for the Necro's, a slightly more stand-offish defense holding the lizard cage near the half way line albeit without every really threatening to break it. A quick jink to the left on turn 6 left most the Necro's stranded, opening up an easy run in for a skink on turn 7 - 1-0 to Prefistoric, with no injuries or KOs on either side.

Two turns is more than enough for Necro's to score in, but Lizard's are tough to run around. The kick off (which changed the weather to sweltering heat) landed on a Wight who made the catch and was loosely caged by the ghouls on the half way line near the side. The two wolves made a break for the endzone down one side together, leaving the zombies and golems to tie up as many lizards as possible. Turns out "as many as possible" equals "not very many at all", as the two wolves were quickly surrounded by three skinks, two saurses and the Krox, making a hand off and run in impossible. Desperate times call for desperate measures - one wolf blitzed down a skink and ran along the end zone towards the middle of the pitch while the wight handed off to the Ag 4 ghoul. As three zombies pushed down an intervening saurus the ghoul ran round and threw a perfectly accurate long pass to the wolf... who promptly spilled the catch. Fortunately a team re-roll remained and this time he made it, 1-1 at half time.

Here Nuffle decided to dump on Sponge. The blitzed skink had been badly hurt, and the heat took out no less than three saurses. The Necros on the other hand lost a solitary zombie, leaving them fully manned up against 6 skinks. One of the remaining saurses then went down with smashed ribs (the apo helpfully offering to kill him stone dead instead), making an effective defense almost impossible. I've recently decided that stalling probably isn't as good a tactic as I think it is, but with 4 saurses off the pitch a long, slow grind upfield suddenly became hugely attractive. The skinks armor held despite multiple blitzes from the might blow wights, but that small ray of sunshine was of no help in the long run as the Necros ran in a fairly easy touchdown on the final turn, leaving it 2-1 to Tooth and Claw.

A game decided by the weather more than anything else, giving me a brace of wins over Sponge thanks entirely to factors other than me. A win's a win though, and the smattering of SPPs, while not enough to level anyone up, was enough to get most of my team within a MVP of leveling up. A good start to the season then, and the first time I've been able to say that for a while - roll on match 2!

Alistair Hutton
08-06-2012, 08:10 PM
Wulf has another level up, he's now a Block, Dodge, Guard, Tackle, Might Blow Blitzer.

I'd trade 3 of those level ups for a single +1 Str

Heliocentric
08-06-2012, 09:15 PM
Wulf has another level up, he's now a Block, Dodge, Guard, Tackle, Might Blow Blitzer.

I'd trade 3 of those level ups for a single +1 Str

Posting walls of text must really generate SPP?

What kind of character is that monstrosity? (species)

Gorm
09-06-2012, 12:23 AM
Ah man +1 st really helped my stormvermin become a terrible murderer. He got extra strength as his first level up and in 10 games has scored twice, caused 11 cas and 1 death. And is now a terrible horrible monster with st 4, block, mighty blow, and tackle.

ntw
09-06-2012, 10:29 AM
Not had time to read this thread, let alone play any games - been busy visiting my mother in hospital and moving house on her behalf.

Default me if you need to, otherwise I should get a chance to play over the next few days...but then we are off to a wedding in Spain on Wednesday so will be afk until the following Monday.

Alistair Hutton
09-06-2012, 10:35 AM
Posting walls of text must really generate SPP?

What kind of character is that monstrosity? (species)

He's human. He's not actually a spectacular player, just slowly built up over 35 games. He's my second highest TD scorer with 7 However 2 of them are my most ridiculous TDs I have ever scored. A mere 5 Casualties and only 1 death. An interception, a pass and 4 MVPs round him off.

He's death on legs to Amazon teams.

Kajo
09-06-2012, 11:30 AM
Not had time to read this thread, let alone play any games - been busy visiting my mother in hospital and moving house on her behalf.

Default me if you need to, otherwise I should get a chance to play over the next few days...but then we are off to a wedding in Spain on Wednesday so will be afk until the following Monday.

I can play this Monday, if the admins don't default us :)

Screwie
09-06-2012, 12:58 PM
Noooooo don't give Kajo that easy win! :P

Sorry to hear about your mother ntw, hope things get easier for you soon.

President Weasel
09-06-2012, 03:27 PM
Red Skull Reavers took a beating from Bonnie Laneford's brutal Nurgles. No serious injuries, at least. Finished 3-0 to him, which I think is a tad flattering, but he definitely deserved the win. That just leaves Drawlien for me, and unless Nuffle puts his holy thumb on the scales there's no way I am winning that one.

somanyrobots
09-06-2012, 06:48 PM
The Brain and I tried to play our match today, only to get Cyanide'd to open the second half. After a delightful and pretty even first half, too. It doesn't look like the match has been defaulted to 2-0, though, it still shows up as playable in the list. We're going to try again tomorrow or next weekend.

(Seriously, when would you ever want to click "No" on the "You are having network issues, try to reconnect?" popup? And why, oh why do you display that popup under another non-dismissable window? CYANIIIIIIIDE)

Jiiiiim
09-06-2012, 09:57 PM
I have a skink with 10 move now.

That is all.

Heliocentric
09-06-2012, 10:00 PM
I have a skink with 10 move now.

That is all.
8 man foul

Heliocentric
10-06-2012, 01:41 AM
Sorry to be such a diva but I'm canning my plans to be nurgle, and for an easy life I'll be going Norse. Here's hoping I can think of a quality line of puns.

President Weasel
10-06-2012, 02:30 AM
You know they're not an agility team, right? And that they're flat-track bullies, who'll do great for a season or three then get smashed to pieces round about Division 3?

Heliocentric
10-06-2012, 02:43 AM
You know they're not an agility team, right? And that they're flat-track bullies, who'll do great for a season or three then get smashed to pieces round about Division 3?
On the bright side I have less reason to foul...

El Cubo
10-06-2012, 07:55 AM

I'm in Div 5 with a Norse team, waiting for the shoes to start dropping. It's been fun (at least for me) so far, though. My bash-fu has never worked as well as now.

Heliocentric
10-06-2012, 08:43 AM
I'm in Div 5 with a Norse team, waiting for the shoes to start dropping. It's been fun (at least for me) so far, though. My bash-fu has never worked as well as now.
I guess it's key to not get too big for your ST3 boots, and try and interfere with potential fouls on your more precious players. And learn to let Loner hires get the worst beatings.

El Cubo
10-06-2012, 09:26 AM
Also, favor divisions with high concentration of squishy teams.

Screwie
10-06-2012, 10:42 AM
I guess it's key to not get too big for your ST3 boots, and try and interfere with potential fouls on your more precious players. And learn to let Loner hires get the worst beatings.

Yeah, and at least their journeymen are excellent.

The Brain
10-06-2012, 10:44 AM
8 man foul

Helio's answer to just about everything.

Indefatigible Snoozer
10-06-2012, 10:45 AM
Can someone put my and Zoraster's game as a 1-1 draw in Div C, due to Cyanidisation of our game? It was agreed earlier in the thread. I was hoping to play my next game in an hour or so.

Thanks

Vexing Vision
10-06-2012, 11:03 AM
From the team that brought you such smash-hits as "Annihilation of the Norse", "Scourge of Chaos" and "Winds Of Feet - Chasing Nurgle", the Seaside Sirens present "Pillowfight" versus groovychainsaw's humanoid villains in Division 1.

Not much to say, apart from the fact that his tackling mighty blow monsters did a good job of controlling my tackling mighty blow monsters who wouldn't put so much as a dent into his armor.

Nevertheless, until turn 15 it was a tight match that ended with a pitch-perfect pass, resulting in a more or less deserved 2-1 win for Groovy and another +1 strength for me, bringing me closer to the point where I start playing manually created Lizards instead of Amazons.

sketchseven
10-06-2012, 02:34 PM
sorry to hear about your mum ntw :S

proxyMath
10-06-2012, 03:27 PM
Hey guys,

I have recently (about April/March this year) started playing blood bowl on pc and was wondering if would be ok if I joined up next season. I would like to play Undead.

My steam Id is proxyMath, I'm just about to sign up on your spreadsheet.
Hope to see you on the fields soon.

Proxy

Heliocentric
10-06-2012, 04:06 PM
Hey guys,

I have recently (about April/March this year) started playing blood bowl on pc and was wondering if would be ok if I joined up next season. I would like to play Undead.

It's open to all, so you are very welcome.

Undead eh? It didn't suit my ADHD but "recruiting" players and bringing them back to face their former masters is a beautiful thing. Get 1 kick + 1 sneaky git (fouling gets you replacement players by way of murder) on zombie/skeleton asap IMHO, you'll also be privileged with constant wealth.

20phoenix
10-06-2012, 04:55 PM
Skydancer (Khemri) v 20phoenix (Skaven)

I went into the game as a large TV underdog so picked up a loner linerat, a thrower merc, a wizard and a babe. I kicked to Sky who snaffled the ball and caged up with 4 tomb guardians for company. The rats blocked off the cage progress then KO'd the tackle blitz-ra before the loner lino badly hurt a skeleton. The rest of Skys drive was a succession of failed GFI's. Three consecutive turns saw three failed GFI (the first GFI failing everytime) which burnt through all his rerolls though the rerolls were all successful. The rats got the ballcarrier penned against the sideline with three rats marking him but the khemri cleared them out easily enough and the thro-ra walked over the opening score. A short kick to the rats fell into the arms of a linerat and a small pocket was created for the thrower while a group of rats were sent forward. The thrower failed to catch the handoff though and a short scuffle round the ball ensued ending with a gutter dodging in and handing off to the thrower who long bombed it to an unmarked deep gutter who caught it and wound the clock down against the touchline with a linerat joining him to take the handoff and get some SPPs. Sky, thinking it was turn 8 set up most of his team deep to protect them not realising HT had been and gone. This turned out to be crucial as the rats were able to fairly comfortably get the ball over leaving the khemri another drive to equalise. As before the ball was snagged easily enough and the carrier safely protected inside a TG cage which rumbled into the skaven half the following turn. At this point the wizard was unleashed, the fireball stunning the ball carrier and knocking down two of the tomb guardians. Another melee erupted round the loose ball before a gutter stole in and legged it for the endzone. However I neglected to use up some of my excess rerolls to GFI the runner closer to the endzone thinking I had the possible blitzers covered. I did not however plan for a TG dodging from coverage and double GFI-blitzing the offending rat. It was a thing of beauty. My final turn effort to score one more was foiled after failing the second of two dodges.

Final Score
Barebone Bareboners 1-2 Global Warping

An interesting game which was ultimately decided by Skydancer failing rolls at critical times where as I made almost all my clutch rolls. It helped that he struggled to break rat armour till deep in the second half allowing me to edge the numbers game

Skydancer
10-06-2012, 05:05 PM
Thanks for the report mate. Toilet Paper-tut's mastery of the dodgy ways will be rewarded with break tackle next, in honour of his fabulous performance.

HughTower
10-06-2012, 05:33 PM
The Dancers just dismantled Grinn's Orcs, 3-1.

We kicked first and set about slowing the green grind down. Much to Grinn's chagrin, the elves' armour held up under repeated Mighty Blows and much fouling, and he failed to get much beyond the halfway line before he turned over on another foul attempt (and failed bribe). A leap, a toss of her hair and a blitz later, twinkle toed Belinda Carlisle knocked the ball loose and danced off down the pitch. We were able to pick up and hold off scoring until T8. Amazingly, four orcs lay unconscious in the bin and only 2 made it back on after HT. Well, I was amazed; Grinn was kicking his cat to a bloody pulp.

Touchdown 2 came in regulation elven fashion. I won't go on about it.

What I will go on about is, on Grinn's next drive, the demise of poor flame-haired Belinda. I was faffing about, as is my custom as old rivals will kindly point out, and made a 2d block with my curvy +Ag, Jump Up, Tackle lovely just as time ran out. Out of a skull and a push, the game chose the skull. She dies. I apo her. She remains dead. I die a little inside.

Grinn in the meantime has set his orcs in a very elven posture as he needs to score twice in 6 turns to make the draw. He makes it without too much ado. Or using a reroll which doesn't seem especially orcish to me. He also murders an unskilled lino. To death.

Unfortunately for the Grinnster, TD3 comes in much the same fashion as the second - along with a riot stealing one of his precious turns.

His final drive peters out as expected. He kills another lino which no doubt makes the Orcish community very happy. It was a strangely bloodless game, but one that somehow managed 4 Dead rolls. Most bizarre.

RIP Belinda. And remember, heaven is a place on earth.

So, Groovy and I face off for the division title. It's been a while, Groovester. Are you excited?

Also, as a footnote, I just skilled up a catcher with Shadowing. It's rather good, I recommend it, especially when they also have Guard and SS. However, owing to a lack of bodies, I put him on the LoS for Grinn's last drive and he marks him up with 3 players. He rolls a quick snap and goes to move his players their 1 square according to the rules of the event whereby Shadowing kicks in on my catcher.

So, hivemind, is this correct? Or is it a glitch?

karandraz
10-06-2012, 05:52 PM
Juat had another brutal game, this time against the good snoozers dwarves. Congrats on the win. RIP johnson you were second best skink after brown and now your both gone :( That only leaves clegg to hold the line now of super skinks.

grinn
10-06-2012, 07:34 PM
So, Groovy and I face off for the division title. It's been a while, Groovester. Are you excited?

Oi there flower-sniffer, don't count your woodies before they're maimed! The Nobz are still in the running. Groovy has 1 win with a -1 TD difference. I am on 1 win with +0 TD difference, and you're ahead with 2 wins and a +3. A draw or win secures a spot in the championship for you. A loss for you and win for me pits me and Groovy on TD difference. A long-shot for the Nobz, but one worth taking.

HughTower
10-06-2012, 07:52 PM
Oi there flower-sniffer, don't count your woodies before they're maimed! The Nobz are still in the running. Groovy has 1 win with a -1 TD difference. I am on 1 win with +0 TD difference, and you're ahead with 2 wins and a +3. A draw or win secures a spot in the championship for you. A loss for you and win for me pits me and Groovy on TD difference. A long-shot for the Nobz, but one worth taking.

Aaah, yes, it seems my mind was blown by all that pollen and I got as far as reading 'Gr...' on the spreadsheet. If I lose, I'll be in the mix too though surely? Then of course CAS difference will come into play...

At least, I don't have to face a load of mighty blow blitzers with blackle next then.

Erm.

X_kot
10-06-2012, 08:04 PM
Da Blue Moonz (Orc, Dentharial) 1 - 0 The Knuckle Heads (Ogr, X_kot)

I'm not sure what to say about this game other than I got ogre'd. The Moonz kicked off to start the game, and I managed to move a cage up the field slowly. Positioning prevented any hits on the ball carrier until later in the half, at which point my unskilled bull chanced to recover the ball. He made a break for the endzone and encountered some resistance. A snotling block opened the possibility of a score, but had to use a reroll to avoid a turnover - and sadly, the ogre runner boneheaded on Turn 8. At least no snots were injured (alas, one ogre was KO'd).

For the second half, both KO'd orcs woke up, whereas my ogre just rolled over for an extended nap. I did benefit from a blitz, compounded by a failed pick-up by an orc thrower. There was a scuffle around the ball, and a snotling nearly picked it up in the endzone. Alas, it was not to be, nor was the attempt to catch the ball when it bounced back. At this point, Dentharial began tromping back down the field, swatting away the few players I could muster. He scored on the final turn, leaving me with no chance to equalize in spite of a ref rollback.

Heliocentric
10-06-2012, 08:09 PM
Also, as a footnote, I just skilled up a catcher with Shadowing. It's rather good, I recommend it, especially when they also have Guard and SS. However, owing to a lack of bodies, I put him on the LoS for Grinn's last drive and he marks him up with 3 players. He rolls a quick snap and goes to move his players their 1 square according to the rules of the event whereby Shadowing kicks in on my catcher.

So, hivemind, is this correct? Or is it a glitch?If they followed a perfect defence reset? thats a bug, but a quick snap can allow you to move into the enemies half right? Yeah, I see that as fair game.

grinn
10-06-2012, 08:18 PM
Aaah, yes, it seems my mind was blown by all that pollen and I got as far as reading 'Gr...' on the spreadsheet. If I lose, I'll be in the mix too though surely? Then of course CAS difference will come into play...

At least, I don't have to face a load of mighty blow blitzers with blackle next then.

Erm.

How are ties calculated? TD diff first then Cas difference?

If you lose you'll be in the mix, of course. Ahead of the mix probably with TD diff.

Indefatigible Snoozer
10-06-2012, 08:23 PM
Juat had another brutal game, this time against the good snoozers dwarves. Congrats on the win. RIP johnson you were second best skink after brown and now your both gone :( That only leaves clegg to hold the line now of super skinks.

Thanks Karandaz. The luck was against you. That first turn blitz was killer, you were down a Saurus to start with, and then I ko'd another one on the first turn, who never woke up again. I foolishly stalled until turn 8, wary of those super skinks, and really should have scored in the first half. My own fault for burning through my rerolls. I think your Krox seemed to be bone headed for most of the first half as well, which obviously didnt help.

HughTower
10-06-2012, 09:58 PM
How are ties calculated? TD diff first then Cas difference?

If you lose you'll be in the mix, of course. Ahead of the mix probably with TD diff.

Since we'll all have beaten each other, the tie will be calculated on TD plus CAS differences.

potatoedoughnut
10-06-2012, 10:32 PM
If they followed a perfect defence reset? thats a bug, but a quick snap can allow you to move into the enemies half right? Yeah, I see that as fair game.

The offense got a quick snap, but the defender's shadowing player had the opportunity to move when the offense moved a player from quick snap.

I'm not sure if this is legal or not.

groovychainsaw
10-06-2012, 10:52 PM
Well, it's nice to be considered as a possibility for the champs, but my last game i played against wood elves saw 4 of mine go off injured and only 1 KO'd elf, so my team doesn't have good form against elfy play - I hope my team put their punching gloves back on ;-). Also, i think i only got one stun all match against you, grinn, so my Cas must be woeful (as i didn't really score cas against vexing, either)

Heliocentric
10-06-2012, 11:19 PM
The offense got a quick snap, but the defender's shadowing player had the opportunity to move when the offense moved a player from quick snap.

I'm not sure if this is legal or not.I understood, I was just being verbose.

chadsexington
11-06-2012, 12:23 AM
My yeti is 4/12 in block-assisted wild animal rolls. 2/3 of the time he has rolled a 1. He's about to be fed to the werewolves if he keeps this crap up. Oh, and this time he's upped his game. No longer satisfied in being KO'd early, he decided to BH himself attempting to double die block a tomb guardian out of bounds.

somanyrobots
11-06-2012, 05:28 AM
The Brain and I played our match today; I didn't take my usual copious match notes, but in brief: he played elfball, I murdered elves. He won 2-1 on touchdowns, but I won 4-0 on casualties, including (IIRC?) a MNG and a niggling injury. He quite effectively shut down my first-half drive and stole the ball for his first TD, then elfed one past me in the second half; my score was on a second-half drive in which the stars aligned, everything went right, and everything I wanted knocked down got knocked down.

I did acquire an enormous distaste for his Frenzy-Sidestep Blitzer, who proved adept at crowdsurfing my werewolves, and aggravatingly resistant to my attempts to do same to him.

Masquerade Ballers 2 - 1 Lucky Lycanthropes

Thanks for the match, The Brain! Had a ton of fun, a delightful opponent. And good luck Helio, I softened 'im up for ya splendidly. Hoping you can do the same with 2lab's wood elves (if you could murder that +AG Wardancer, that'd be great).

Dentharial
11-06-2012, 07:49 AM
Da Blue Moonz (Orc, Dentharial) 1 - 0 The Knuckle Heads (Ogr, X_kot)

I'm not sure what to say about this game other than I got ogre'd. The Moonz kicked off to start the game, and I managed to move a cage up the field slowly. Positioning prevented any hits on the ball carrier until later in the half, at which point my unskilled bull chanced to recover the ball. He made a break for the endzone and encountered some resistance. A snotling block opened the possibility of a score, but had to use a reroll to avoid a turnover - and sadly, the ogre runner boneheaded on Turn 8. At least no snots were injured (alas, one ogre was KO'd).

For the second half, both KO'd orcs woke up, whereas my ogre just rolled over for an extended nap. I did benefit from a blitz, compounded by a failed pick-up by an orc thrower. There was a scuffle around the ball, and a snotling nearly picked it up in the endzone. Alas, it was not to be, nor was the attempt to catch the ball when it bounced back. At this point, Dentharial began tromping back down the field, swatting away the few players I could muster. He scored on the final turn, leaving me with no chance to equalize in spite of a ref rollback.

I've been pretty busy lately, so I still need to limerickerise my first week match, and this one too, but I wanted to throw in a quick note on this match.

The end of the first half was an absolute rollercoaster ride of emotion. It's his turn 8, and there's an ogre with the ball, an easy 5 squares away from a touchdown. A single orc marking him. A snotling blitzes in to knock the orc away, rolls Both Down/Attacker Down (I cheer), rerolls to something useful (I resign myself to a draw at best here, I don't have confidence in my ability to score 2 touchdowns in a single half), the ogre boneheads (!!!!!). I actually cheered loudly in chat before I shamefully realised that X_kot had been exactly on the other end of that rollercoaster.

The start of the second half was similarly tense. I didn't manage to control the ball, and the Knuckleheads moved surprisingly quickly to push for a touchdown. I was able to knock it free, but there was a terrifying few turns with the ball skittering around in my endzone and a frantic series of failed pickups from both sides before I suddenly managed a flurry of injuries, taking all but 1 snotling off the field (with a little help from a failed TTM and I think a failed dodge too). I still only barely managed to get the ball all the way up the pitch, as X_kot did a good job of trying to slow me down with his limited numbers.

Indefatigible Snoozer
11-06-2012, 08:14 AM
Hello fellow bloodbowlers. Looking for some opinions on what skill I should give my +str, +ag, block dwarf runner. I think dodge is a clear choice for doubles, but on a normal roll I was considering pass. Other thoughts?

My other runner is +mv, block, kick-off return, tackle, so I don't think tackle or KOR are needed for my super runner.

mrpier
11-06-2012, 08:46 AM
Nice runner :)

I would probably go fend before pass on a normal roll, dodge or perhaps sidestep on a double.

ntw
11-06-2012, 09:09 AM
I can play this Monday, if the admins don't default us :)

Should be good to play tonight, barring further crises....start sometime after 7:30pm (UK?)

Heliocentric
11-06-2012, 09:18 AM
Hello fellow bloodbowlers. Looking for some opinions on what skill I should give my +str, +ag, block dwarf runner. I think dodge is a clear choice for doubles, but on a normal roll I was considering pass. Other thoughts?.
He's so epic that he really does lend himself to pro, whether blocking, gfi or accepting a hand off pro is a excellent choice. Sure it's not and iron clad reroll, but no reroll is.

The Brain
11-06-2012, 09:32 AM
I won 4-0 on casualties, including (IIRC?) a MNG and a niggling injury.

It was 2 MNG including my other star blitzer so Heliocentric should be in for an easier ride.

Indefatigible Snoozer
11-06-2012, 09:55 AM
Nice runner :)

I would probably go fend before pass on a normal roll, dodge or perhaps sidestep on a double.

Not sure I agree with fend. He's not going to be blocked - he's going to be blitzed, so they can always follow up.

Heliocentric
11-06-2012, 10:04 AM
Not sure I agree with fend. He's not going to be blocked - he's going to be blitzed, so they can always follow up.
Sidestep can assure you assists if you have nearby players. Fend is best on teams where nearly everyone is fend or stand firm. Not having the choice to advance is oddly crippling, even for lighter sides.

Indefatigible Snoozer
11-06-2012, 11:33 AM
Sidestep can assure you assists if you have nearby players. Fend is best on teams where nearly everyone is fend or stand firm. Not having the choice to advance is oddly crippling, even for lighter sides.

I think I'm taking dodge on a double, rather than side-step. A STR 4 AG 4 blodging ball carrier is just too good to pass up. Side-step can wait for the second double :). Maybe fend later down the road - not that many of my dwarves have stand firm yet.

mrpier
11-06-2012, 11:39 AM

Yeah probably, but it also works against frenzy/piling on so there is a protection angle also.

LowKey
11-06-2012, 12:11 PM
You should fire him snooser because he sounds like a bastard, hello new person! Good choice of team, it is a well known fact that the handsomest blood bowl coaches play undead

20phoenix
11-06-2012, 01:51 PM
Hello fellow bloodbowlers. Looking for some opinions on what skill I should give my +str, +ag, block dwarf runner. I think dodge is a clear choice for doubles, but on a normal roll I was considering pass. Other thoughts?

My other runner is +mv, block, kick-off return, tackle, so I don't think tackle or KOR are needed for my super runner.

Give him a swift death?

Heliocentric
11-06-2012, 02:09 PM
it is a well known fact that the handsomest blood bowl coaches play undead

Yeah, but I hear he's retiring the team.

LowKey
11-06-2012, 03:36 PM
Hi and O, quick question chaps if a player has diving tackle and shadowing, do you have to choose one to use or can you attempt the shadow then use diving tackle if it fails?

mrpier
11-06-2012, 04:13 PM
I think that sequence is wrong, you resolve the dodge first, shadowing works after someone has succesfully dodged out of a tackle zone.

Edit:
Diving Tackle is triggered by rolling for the Dodge which happens before you move the player.

Shadowing is triggered by the player leaving one of you TZ which is what happens after the Dodge roll is resolved.

So the correct order is:

1) Player is going to dodge and makes a Dodge roll.
2) You decide to use Diving Tackle or not (after seeing the Dodge roll (or the Dodge re-roll))
3) Dodge resolves and player moves out of one of your TZ (either through failure or success) which immediately triggers the Shadowing skill to be possible to use.
4) If you used Diving Tackle ... end the process here as you are Prone and cannot use Shadowing.
5) If you did not use Diving Tackle, you may now use Shadowing whether the player succeeded or failed at his Dodge roll (this is part of cleaning up outstanding items when a turnover occurs)

Tom Anders
one of the authors of the BB CRP rulebook

From this discussion http://bbtactics.com/forums/shadowing-diving-tackle-t534/page2/

Indefatigible Snoozer
11-06-2012, 05:11 PM
Could the God of Div C please validate my game with Karandaz? Thank you in advance.

Heliocentric
11-06-2012, 05:13 PM
And good luck Helio, I softened 'im up for ya splendidly. Hoping you can do the same with 2lab's wood elves (if you could murder that +AG Wardancer, that'd be great).

It'd be a pleasure. 7 man foul or 8? not much point using any more than 6 with AV7, but it just feels right.

LowKey
11-06-2012, 06:42 PM
Makes sense, thanks mrpier

Everblue
11-06-2012, 11:25 PM
Odin's Longboatmen (Norse, Sketchseven) v Doomdark's Revenge (Chaos, me)

The game started with the Norse team winning the toss and electing to kick off. It was raining, and with both teams having AG3 at best and no player with Sure Hands skill, the rain was to play a key role in what was to follow.

My plan before the game was to try to negate the Norse team's block advantage by hitting first where the chance presented itself, but maintaining a defensive position and not allowing the Norse team many blocks against me. Perhaps due to these negative tactics it was a remarkably bloodless match - I think I inflicted one casualty in total in the match and achieved two KOs. None of my players were stretchered off the pitch at all.

By a stroke of luck the beastman entrusted with ball-carrying duties managed to pick the damn thing up without a
reroll, and the stage was set for some hitting on the line of scrimmage. After a couple of turns Sketch moved some of his players out of the centre to threaten the left side of my line, which left his middle relatively weak. One of the chaos warriors, the Lord of Thrall, punched a hole for the ball-carrier to run through, and my remaining chaos warriors also charged through to mark up the
nearby defenders. Although a couple of Norse managed to recover and mark the ball, the remaining team was caught out of position and I was able to continue the push and score on turn 5. 0-1 to Doomdark's Revenge

Sketch had used all of his rerolls in attempting to halt my drive, and Nuffle now laid a scaly hand on the dice for the following Norse drive, with Sketch failing his first action (a ball pickup and a double skulls block) in each of his next two turns. I used my two "free" turns to run two beastmen through his line and threaten the ball, but Sketch's luck reasserted itself however and he was able to recover the position to see out the half only one TD down. 0-1 to Doomdark's Revenge at half time

The second half began with a lovely deep kick close to the corner which Sketch (wary now of failing his pickup) took a couple of turns to collect with his thrower and run into the cage. I backed away from his lines and tried to cover the width of the pitch.

Sketch set up his cage on the right hand side of the pitch and tried to push through, but I got my chaos warriors back in time and, even worse for Sketch, the Norse werewolf (their best chance of smashing through the Chaos lines) got pushed into the Chaos backfield and isolated from his team mates. After four fairly inconclusive turns Sketch decided to go for it, and suddenly switched the point of attack to his left, moving his remaining pieces bravely into contact with the chaos players and inviting the hits. This tactic was risky and meant that Sketch was vulnerable to blitzes, and I managed to get a chaos warrior 1v1 against his ball-carrying thrower but without a knockdown. With time running out Sketch was forced to try to pass the ball wide and hope for Nuffle to intervene, but he fumbled the pass (presumably with a reroll, unfortunately) and then had issues picking the ball up on his penultimate turn, and so the match wound down with just time for the Lord of Whispers to smack one of the Norse into the BH box.

Final score 0-1 to Doomdark's Revenge.

Cheers for the game Sketch. Best of luck against those horrid Dwarves.

I'd be most grateful if one of the admins could please validate the game if you have a moment. Many thanks.

Prester John
11-06-2012, 11:54 PM
Beauty and the Beast 2 : Black Bombers 1

BatB dodge a bullet here.

BB recieve and Chainsaw Gobbo causes a permanent -1av injury on a Woodie and then takes the sole Wardancer out of the half. Woodies are confused and fail to even force the Gobbos to score before the end of the half. 1-0 to BB at the end of the first half, but most the the Woodie team is back. 10 players is enough... if the BatB coach can get his act together.

Second half BatB recieve and score a 2 turn TD, the usual elven stuff, pass,dodge, agil 4, catch. get in. Kick off to Gobbos who cage up and run down the right (as elves see it) side of the field. A small skirmish erupts and the Woodies send in the Wardancer who knocks the ball free to be picked up by the Catcher. The Gobbos try to contain but once the ball is free and in the open it is pretty hard to stop the Woodies. Coach Prester tries his best to not score by leaving his catcher 1 GFI from the endzone (for no good reason) with no re rolls but fate smiles and BatB take a 2-1 lead on their last turn.

Coach Cyberpunkdreams played the Gobbos very well and it was a fun game. Fortunate victory for myself and hats off to anyone who plays Gobbos just coz!!

sketchseven
12-06-2012, 02:53 AM
Odin's Longboatmen (Norse, Sketchseven) v Doomdark's Revenge (Chaos, me)

Final score 0-1 to Doomdark's Revenge.

Cheers for the game Sketch. Best of luck against those horrid Dwarves.

I'd be most grateful if one of the admins could please validate the game if you have a moment. Many thanks.

A good game but my team's utter inability to get anything going was only compounded by further second half ineptitude. I seem to have fallen victim to the twin gods of Nuffle and Cyanide recently. Great matches are nullified by disconnects, bad matches play to the end with horrific dice.

Ah well. Tomorrow's another day. I shall sacrifice a snotling to Nuffle, quaff some ale, and have at those pesky dwarven types.

Rakysh
12-06-2012, 07:11 AM
Norse vs Dorfs?

...good luck.

20phoenix
12-06-2012, 07:41 AM
Norse vs Dorfs?

...good luck.

That sounds erm......painful?

ntw
12-06-2012, 09:39 AM
Div3
Kajers (Kajo, Necro) vs IWTNH (ntw, Skaven)

One play pretty much sums up the game for me -
Nice weather and IWTNH receiving, 2 turns to get a quick score and go in at halftime with a one TD lead. Skaven mob the line and leave a GutterRunner back to collect the ball, Necro setup fairly conservatively. The Necro kick lands on the sideline about 2/3 of the way into the Skaven half, then bounces along the sideline (bad start). Kickoff Event is a Blitz (uh-oh, not liking this) and a Werewolf and Ghoul push through and threaten the ball. IWTNH setup a pocket around the Thrower and the Gutter Runner runs across to pickup the ball, Fumble, Reroll, Fumble (yep, knew that was gonna happen). Kajers trot over, pickup the ball and walk across the line to secure a lead.

Both Necros other scores involved multiple dodges and one or more GFIs, but to balance that, the IWTNH score was an inaccurate pass which landed next to the intended GutterRunner waiting in the endzone, then bounced into his surprised paws!

Final score 3-1 to Kajo, gratz fella.

On the plus side we killed one of his werewolves :)

Kajo
12-06-2012, 10:22 AM
Yeah, "sorry for that TD" was a popular thing to say :D

It was a mix of extremely good and bad rolls for both of us.. you got the punches/pass, i got the dodges/GFI

...and of course the MVP goes to the killed Werefolf. At least i have the money to get another one

Kargurg is dead. Long live Kargurg!

President Weasel
12-06-2012, 11:45 AM
Yeah, "sorry for that TD" was a popular thing to say :D

It was a mix of extremely good and bad rolls for both of us.. you got the punches/pass, i got the dodges/GFI

...and of course the MVP goes to the killed Werefolf. At least i have the money to get another one

Kargurg is dead. Long live Kargurg!

"Kargurg the second" or "Kargurg II" or "kargurg Mk. II" surely? Maybe it's me but I like to try to keep track of the number of deaders I get. I just replaced "replacement replacement blitzer" with "replacement blitzer 4" on my orc team, for example.

Screwie
12-06-2012, 11:50 AM
I wish I'd started doing that with my Open League goblins form the beginning. I think I'm on the 6th or 7th looney now. That guy is a block magnet.

Kajo
12-06-2012, 11:54 AM
"Kargurg the second" or "Kargurg II" or "kargurg Mk. II" surely? Maybe it's me but I like to try to keep track of the number of deaders I get. I just replaced "replacement replacement blitzer" with "replacement blitzer 4" on my orc team, for example.

Kargurg the Second was his name, I just bought Kargurg the Third

ntw
12-06-2012, 12:09 PM
I have a "Fodder5c" currently on my roster - he's the 3rd iteration of the Fodder5 (LineRat) player...unfortunately he doesn't seem to have learned much from his predecessors mistakes.

Alistair Hutton
12-06-2012, 12:10 PM

I had a Lineman who was Auto-Named "Hob the Ugly" he was my kicker and he was killed. I replaced him with "Hob the not so ugly" he was my kicker, he got killed. I've now replaced him with "Hob the moderately attractive". He picked up a MVP in his first game so soon he shall be my kicker.

President Weasel
12-06-2012, 12:31 PM

Excellent!

I wish I'd started doing that with my Open League goblins form the beginning. I think I'm on the 6th or 7th looney now. That guy is a block magnet.

Well, duh. He's got a damn chainsaw!
If he's on the pitch my priority is to maim the hell out of him as quickly as possible, before he can slice up my orcs. And I'll foul him if he's down.

Screwie
12-06-2012, 12:42 PM
Well, duh. He's got a damn chainsaw!
If he's on the pitch my priority is to maim the hell out of him as quickly as possible, before he can slice up my orcs. And I'll foul him if he's down.

Oh I noticed! My expectation is to get one good casualty with the looney per match, anything better is awesome. If no target presents itself he works great as a worrisome distraction too.

Although my current guy lasted long enough to level up, so he learned Dodge and has managed to survive a little while longer because of it.

Skydancer
12-06-2012, 01:36 PM
Oh well, I've got a skeleton in Auld whose name is Inept Inept IV. I guess you can all see the name carries weight on his career.

JayTee
12-06-2012, 02:29 PM
Not sure I agree with fend. He's not going to be blocked - he's going to be blitzed, so they can always follow up.Ish. If they've blitzed where you've got supporting defenders they may have to stop anyway or face having to dodge to followup. It also stops Frenzy-crowd-surfs and the almighty Claw/MB/Pile-On trio.

I like Fend, but that's largely because on my LoS Wrestle-skeletons there's not much else to give them :|

Skydancer
12-06-2012, 06:08 PM
Ish. If they've blitzed where you've got supporting defenders they may have to stop anyway or face having to dodge to followup. It also stops Frenzy-crowd-surfs and the almighty Claw/MB/Pile-On trio.

I like Fend, but that's largely because on my LoS Wrestle-skeletons there's not much else to give them :|

Tackle. After the LoS brawl is over, stick them to marking duty/TG assist. No more players dodging away.

sketchseven
12-06-2012, 06:42 PM
Definitely keen on getting Guard for at least three linemen if possible - nice to have a LoS brawl that will be much harder to tip against me.

DWZippy
12-06-2012, 07:18 PM
Played Squirrelfanatic today - he was a real sport, and fun to play with. I really enjoyed the part where 4 players got injured, my star player died, and I was left with 4 players on the pitch due to KO's for the whole of the second half.

SF was great company though. Kudos.

Squiz
12-06-2012, 08:26 PM
This was the most bloody game I have ever played. Loads of injuries and two (?) deaths on DarkWing's side opened up the pitch for the Orcs to roam. Despite the horrible losses, DW didn't give up and gave me a good match with everything a coach could wish for: Spraying blood, insane amounts of re-rolls (at one point the Undead had 7 re-rolls at their disposal), and a bit of Cyanide madness (2 Blitz actions in one turn).

In the end, I "only" managed to score twice, in part due to some heroic play by the Undead's eh...live Ghoul who threw himself at the ballcarrying Blitzer who then wasn't able to reach the TD zone one more time.

Final Score:
Rock, Paper, Sneaky Git 2 - 0 Warpstone Wranglers

Thanks for the game DarkWing, you showed really good sportsmanship. Hopefully, next time we meet, Nuffle will distribute his screwing a bit more evenly.

Edit: If any of the administrators is around, please validate the game. Many thanks.
Editedit: Thanks!

groovychainsaw
12-06-2012, 10:00 PM
Games (that were marked in the sheet) validated! Week 2 deadline is in 5 days :-)

Screwie
12-06-2012, 10:24 PM
Hey groovy, me and ntw are going to need a slight extension for our week 2 game as he's on holiday this week. Earliest we can manage will be Monday night.

Dog Pants
12-06-2012, 11:06 PM
Div D: Anupshi Rises (KHE, Dog Pants) 1 - 2 Brewery Management (DWA, Alini)

The game starts in the pouring rain with the Brewery Management on the offensive. Things start well for the visitors when their Troll Slayer on the wing frenzies a Blitz-Ra into the crowd. The Dwarves cage up for a push down their right field, but make little progress against the Tomb Guardian bolstered defence. However, as the ball carrier slips sideways to centre field Brewery Management KOs two Tomb Guardians in a row, leaving the Anupshi Rises defence badly lacking muscle. Unperturbed, the remaining Blitz-Ra follows the ball and sacks the Dwarf Runner before being dog-piled for charging in unsupported and joining the Tomb Guardians in the KO box. Recovering the ball again the Dwarves now surge down their left field in force. The Khemri defenders, now four players down, manage to hold back the cage, but the Runner breaks out and crosses the touchline as shortly before the end of the half to leave the game 1-0 to Brewery Management.

The clouds part and the Bloodweiser Babes recover the entire Khemri KO box, presumably by pouring the beer over them, in time for them to form up against a solid wall of hardened Dwarves doing what they do best - standing firm. Fresh from the humiliation of leaving the pitch, one of the Tomb Guardians pokes the formerly offending Troll Slayer in the eye, the bony digit doing enough damage to send the Dwarf off on a stretcher. Pushing against the defenders' line, Anupshi Rises manage to lever open the gap left by the Troll Slayer and create a channel down their right flank. With a corridor made of players on one side and the sideline on the other, the ball carrying Thro-Ra squeezes up the side of the pitch and well into the opposition half. As the Dwarves scramble to respond the rest of the Khemri hurl themselves into the mix in order to bog down any defensive move, and the Thro-Ra breaks for the touchline to score.
When the game begins again it is looking unlikely that either side have the time to score again, but the attacking Dwarves make a hard push. Bowing in the defence on one side, a runner dashes for clear space on the opposition side and the ball carrier goes for a pass. The crowd gasps in astonishment as the ball is plucked from the air... by none other than a Tomb Guardian. If the corpse had been drawing breath no doubt he would have gasped in astonishment too. Not one to be put off by the alien feeling of holding a ball, the Khemri blocker starts to shuffle as quickly as he can towards the touchline. A Thro-Ra and Blitz-Ra manage to race to his aid, but it isn't enough to stop the Dwarves falling back to envelop the group. As the seconds tick away the lanky undead pulls back his arm for another astonishing play, and to a cry of "ELFBALL!" from the crowd drops it at his feet. Brewery Management race to make a final attempt at scoring in the closing seconds. In an ironic demonstration of how Elfball should be played the ball is recovered and hurried downfield to be handed off to a Runner. Relaying the ball over the halfway line he makes a short pass which is received by another runner who had used the chaos at the other end of the pitch. The whistle hangs from the Ref's mouth in shock as he and everyone else watches the final Runner hurl himself over the touchline to put the last touch to a play which took the ball three quarters of the length of the pitch and on to score, leaving the final result a thrilling 2-1 to Brewery Management.

Heliocentric
12-06-2012, 11:47 PM
As part of my "change to every team" World Tour today I am changing over to High Elves after deciding that a change in playstyle would massively refresh my enjoyment of Bloodbowl (which is by no means flagging) and a good pun is worth its tonnage in gold.

I need to carefully think about player name but "HElf and Safety"("H.Elf and Safety"?) will be the manifestations of my will next season.

potatoedoughnut
13-06-2012, 12:36 AM
Yay more elves to kill!

Dentharial
13-06-2012, 05:48 AM
As part of my "change to every team" World Tour today I am changing over to High Elves after deciding that a change in playstyle would massively refresh my enjoyment of Bloodbowl (which is by no means flagging) and a good pun is worth its tonnage in gold.

I need to carefully think about player name but "HElf and Safety"("H.Elf and Safety"?) will be the manifestations of my will next season.

*Immediately buys a goblin and begins training him with Dirty Player and Sneaky Git*

Ooooh Helioooo. Remember your Undead 8-man fouling my HElves a couple of seasons ago? That was a great match. Really great.

groovychainsaw
13-06-2012, 09:02 AM
Hey groovy, me and ntw are going to need a slight extension for our week 2 game as he's on holiday this week. Earliest we can manage will be Monday night.

That should be fine screwie, monday's only one day over. Thanks for letting me know in advance :-)

Heliocentric
13-06-2012, 09:33 AM

*Immediately buys a goblin and begins training him with Dirty Player and Sneaky Git*

Ooooh Helioooo. Remember your Undead 8-man fouling my HElves a couple of seasons ago? That was a great match. Really great.

Hey now.
How much do you expect my proclivity for fouling to change? I'm going to gang foul your gang fouler, so you better bring spares.

Skydancer
13-06-2012, 12:43 PM
When drawing, casualties win matches indeed.

Everblue
13-06-2012, 12:54 PM
I'm going to gang foul your gang fouler

But what if he gang fouls your gang fouler before your gang fouler can gang foul Denetharial's gang fouler?

We need to go deeper...

DWZippy
13-06-2012, 03:01 PM
Foulception..