PDA

View Full Version : RPS Blood Bowl League - The many, many Divisions of Death!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

sketchseven
06-08-2012, 03:54 PM
Macavity is gonna have fun this season - in Tier 5 with only three other teams, all of which are non-bashy, and he went with Chaos. Splattered elf, anyone?

potatoedoughnut
06-08-2012, 04:07 PM
@GC - I'd ditch the ogre and I think that the catchers are the best players on the human team. MV8 is fantastic and you can build them to be super annoying/useful. Agi has all the annoying skills like side step, DT, shadowing (good with MV8). Get a couple with DT and your elf problems will get a lot more manageable.

You also don't have to Pass to them, catch works on handoffs too and with AG 3 on the throwers is a bit more reliable.

@Everblue - All my replays from the DoD are up on BBmanager. Also this thread has tons of match reports, but sorting through 300+ pages is a bit daunting. Also as you've noticed pretty much everyone is more than happy to talk (at length) about their team or their view on how to develop X team or Y player.

groovychainsaw
06-08-2012, 04:17 PM
I've got a good thrower already (accurate + strong arm), which helps - and there's not much you can do to a human catcher to make them better at catching, really, unless you go for NoS or diving catch (or roll +ag!). Diving tackle/tackle would be lovely for some anti-elf abilities, as would shadowing (although DT + shadowing aren't a good combination as you have to choose one?). I've also got some good pass block/diving tackle plans to mark up receivers in the backfield which would be annoying. I've basically been waiting for some SPPs on my catchers for 2 seasons now, but to no avail, so I'm refocussing the team on the catchers to try and get some development going again.

Squiz
06-08-2012, 04:26 PM
Agi has all the annoying skills like side step, DT, shadowing (good with MV8). Get a couple with DT and your elf problems will get a lot more manageable.Shadowing is General though.

Zoraster
06-08-2012, 04:38 PM
... but sorting through 300+ pages is a bit daunting. Also as you've noticed pretty much everyone is more than happy to talk (at length) about their team or their view on how to develop X team or Y player.

Now we’ve got our own section in the forum we really should start race specific threads for these discussions. There is a lot of good advice buried in this thread with no hope of ever being found by a coach in need. Race specific tactics/build threads wouldn’t be all that busy so wouldn’t swamp the active threads page but neither would they be lost with the limited number of active threads in the BB section.

Gorm
06-08-2012, 04:40 PM
You do have to choose one but i'm pretty sure you get to choose every time you do the shadowing. So you could follow for a square or two then do diving tackle. But yea they are good together really.

Macavity
06-08-2012, 04:52 PM
Macavity is gonna have fun this season - in Tier 5 with only three other teams, all of which are non-bashy, and he went with Chaos. Splattered elf, anyone?

I'll have to rename them as 'Khornes Killers' is taken... but the team motto is 'Blood for the Blood God!'

*evil laugh*

Screwie
06-08-2012, 04:59 PM
I though people might like to know - Cyanide are looking for testers (http://forum.bloodbowl-game.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1538) of a new beta patch which hopes to fix the synch errors. Instructions on how to get the beta build are given beyond the link.

Note that only players with the Steam version of the game can participate, and updating will mean you can only play against players who are also in the beta.

However... progress! Maybe!

potatoedoughnut
06-08-2012, 05:47 PM
Derp, yes, shadowing is general. But still players with GA access are the most annoying (blodge, SS, shadowing, DT, tackle = horrible).

Anyway, as Gorm mentioned shadowing and DT go well together. You get to choose what to use so you can see if DT make them fall over. If it won't then do shadowing and you might get another chance to apply DT.

Dog Pants
06-08-2012, 06:42 PM
I'll have to rename them as 'Khornes Killers' is taken... but the team motto is 'Blood for the Blood God!'

*evil laugh*

Khorne's Kittens?

President Weasel
06-08-2012, 07:15 PM
That's already the motto of my challenge league Lizard team, Sporting Lizbon:
Blood for the Blood God! (By which we mean Kukulcan the Serpent God)

On the plus side, I deleted "Just one Khornetto" a while ago, so that name might be available.

Dentharial
06-08-2012, 07:26 PM
I will also note that strategic use of spaces can steal you a name that is otherwise taken. Just obviously be sure that the original holder of the name isn't also in the Divisions, or that could get confusing.

Macavity
06-08-2012, 07:43 PM
Khorne's Kittens?
Ended up as Khorne's Killers!

In my first trial online game with my *other* chaos team my minotaur died on turn *one* tripping over on a GFI roll, and the apothecary roll came up as dead... I started the match with a team value of 1000 and finished it with a team value of 720. Nuffle loves me.

20phoenix
06-08-2012, 07:53 PM
Ended up as Khorne's Killers!

In my first trial online game with my *other* chaos team my minotaur died on turn *one* tripping over on a GFI roll, and the apothecary roll came up as dead... I started the match with a team value of 1000 and finished it with a team value of 720. Nuffle loves me.

Considering the complete absence of starting skills on chaos I wouldnt start with the mino - your team will be unreliable enough as it is. 4 warriors is plenty of meat plus a st4 blitz anywhere on the pitch with the beasties. Squeeze in as many rerolls as possible to help lessen the turnover pain.

Jiiiiim
06-08-2012, 07:55 PM
Hey is that Macavity from fumbbl?

Macavity
06-08-2012, 07:57 PM
Considering the complete absence of starting skills on chaos I wouldnt start with the mino - your team will be unreliable enough as it is. 4 warriors is plenty of meat plus a st4 blitz anywhere on the pitch with the beasties. Squeeze in as many rerolls as possible to help lessen the turnover pain.
1m, 2cw, 8 beasties, 1 apo 2 rerolls. reliability is for wimps :p

Macavity
06-08-2012, 07:58 PM
Hey is that Macavity from fumbbl?
Fraid not. When I GM'd a nwn server for 18 months it was my GM tag. Forum names are a pain in the arse >.<

Screwie
06-08-2012, 08:24 PM
1m, 2cw, 8 beasties, 1 apo 2 rerolls. reliability is for wimps :p

That is exactly the line-up I always use. Coincidentally you are my hero.

chadsexington
06-08-2012, 08:25 PM
Im predicting an all khemri division with a bonus fodder team

goddamnit im the fodder team.

President Weasel
06-08-2012, 08:37 PM
That is exactly the line-up I always use. Coincidentally you are my hero.

Minotaurs are a way to spend your own gold to cause turnovers on your own team; why not just save the money and roll a dice every turn, and throw the ball out of bounds if it comes up 1?

Screwie
06-08-2012, 08:37 PM
goddamnit im the fodder team.

Oof, that is a crunchy division you're in.

Meanwhile I have Dwarfs to contend with, which I don't think my team has faced before and will make a mockery of all my blodgers. But at least the rest of Division F is soft enough, Lizards and Woodies.

I am a little worried about the amount of inducements I'll be giving away though...

Minotaurs are a way to spend your own gold to cause turnovers on your own team; why not just save the money and roll a dice every turn, and throw the ball out of bounds if it comes up 1?

I think I see the problem. Why are you giving your minotaur the ball?

:P

Macavity
06-08-2012, 08:44 PM
My minotaur progression plan goes something like Tentacles, Claw, Juggernaught, Piling On, with Block in there if I ever get the chance. He's just there to break people...

20phoenix
06-08-2012, 08:51 PM
I'm currently squeaking in the corner at the thought of playing Alistairs humies. Rematch against Brain and a developing nurgle side should be fun though

Wolfenswan
06-08-2012, 08:58 PM
High Elves, Goblins and a fresh Human team with an ogre - I think my Kazahk Chairmen can live with that.

Everblue
06-08-2012, 09:35 PM
Christ, look at division 2...

groovychainsaw
06-08-2012, 09:45 PM
So, yes, for those of you wondering, the draw has been completed! Much fun and merriment was had in the steam chat as usual. Everyone has been assigned a division - Go see who you've got, and get an application in in-game. Remember to take your team out of the old division first before you apply!

ADMINS: Need a Division M creating from one of you, can I have a volunteer?

NEW GUYS: Division M is hopefully on its way

EVERYONE: We might need a filler team in div M, bribes to the usual location, or any other lurking new players, we've got a free slot!

Everblue
06-08-2012, 10:02 PM
Applied to division K. Thanks

Alistair Hutton
06-08-2012, 10:07 PM
I'm going to be contrary and say that I love having a developed ogre, partly for fluff reasons and partly for play. Humans don't get anybody else quite that strong or tough and I like having the option of tieing up a big guy, or rolling three dice blocks, and especially grab. Grab is awesome with a fleet of catchers as it keeps the eternal dream of one-turning alive.

Put Grab on a Blitzer not the Ogre. A one turn touch down is low percentage enough as it is without adding both a Bonehead and unreliable Block re-roll to the mix.

I'vbe just switched to a 4 Catcher setup (but keeping my Guard, Stand Firm, Break Tackle Ogre). The end result was a 4 - 4 match with Screwie.

I desperately need to skillup 2 of the catchers with Diving Tackle and shit like that to. Running 4 catchers makes you clsoe to crazy unstoppable on offence - a 2 turn touchdown is nearly a guarantee unless your opponent wants to run so many players back to cover the catchers you blitz through that you can win the bash battle up front or deploy so deep you can bash effectively anyways.

But my defensive game is now weak.

laneford
06-08-2012, 10:33 PM
Oh god, champions division, we meet again. Invincible wonder lizards, freakish stat-up elves, and grinn's death orcs.

Hrmmm.

The Brain
06-08-2012, 11:06 PM
Applied to B. Looking forward to the rematch with 20phoenix. Our last game saw me have both the worst and best luck I've had in a single match.

President Weasel
06-08-2012, 11:38 PM
EVERYONE: We might need a filler team in div M, bribes to the usual location, or any other lurking new players, we've got a free slot!

I will gladly put a skaven team into division M. However, I would be playing to win, and the team would contain a Rat Ogre. Oh yes indeedy it would.
If you do let me enter such a team, I will use a pun I have been saving up: "Rats Entertainment".

Also: Jesus tap-dancing Christ on a tandem, what did I do to deserve Division 2? Dwarfs, Chaos, and Nurgle? Gads.

potatoedoughnut
07-08-2012, 12:24 AM
My minotaur progression plan goes something like Tentacles, Claw, Juggernaught, Piling On, with Block in there if I ever get the chance. He's just there to break people...

You'd probably be better off skipping Tentacles with that build. Tentacles will help keep guys next to him, but with jugg you'll be blitzing anyway and claw/jugg will give faster SPP from cas.

If you want to build a road block with tentacles, stand firm, guard, grab that is the other popular option, but doesn't seem to be what you're looking for.

potatoedoughnut
07-08-2012, 12:25 AM
Also: Jesus tap-dancing Christ on a tandem, what did I do to deserve Division 2? Dwarfs, Chaos, and Nurgle? Gads.

Whoever has the most claw will have the most fun opening all the tin cans. I don't feel sorry for the dwarfs at all though.

sketchseven
07-08-2012, 02:28 AM
Applied to Div I with the rebooted team - looks like a decent division for a starting human team - Wood Elves, High Elves and some Goblins to hurt.

Alistair Hutton
07-08-2012, 09:46 AM
I'm currently squeaking in the corner at the thought of playing Alistairs humies. Rematch against Brain and a developing nurgle side should be fun though

My Humans are no where near as scary as their TV suggests. They are bloatey in the extreme because I love my mans too much to cut them loose.

JayTee
07-08-2012, 10:11 AM
Applied to Div 1.

Not sure if I dodged a bullet by avoiding the other bashy teams (Div 2 is frankly horrible looking) so I get to be the bashy team, or if I've rolled up skulls and face ball-handling (ish) teams who will likely not play nice and stand still to get punched.

Gorm
07-08-2012, 10:22 AM
Skaven, Skaven, Halflings, and Dark Elves. Is it strange that i am most concerned about the bashing i will get from the halfling treemen?

Kapouille
07-08-2012, 10:28 AM
Skaven, Skaven, Halflings, and Dark Elves. Is it strange that i am most concerned about the bashing i will get from the halfling treemen?

Not at all. Perhaps bad memories from our match? ;)

(beware, Zoraster is a much better player than I am)

Gorm
07-08-2012, 10:38 AM
Yea i was afraid of that.

Kapouille
07-08-2012, 10:39 AM
Yea i was afraid of that.

What's your TV?

Gorm
07-08-2012, 11:27 AM
Enough so he can afford the Star Player one.

Kapouille
07-08-2012, 11:42 AM
Enough so he can afford the Star Player one.

Ah yeah, but, as I found out at my expense, there "the star player" and "strongbranch + Zara + cook" which means another treeman on the line (as you expect) and a VERY annoying backstabbing amazon. And depending on TV delta, possibly more "fun" stuff.

Edit : that made me realise that my team is way too expensive, but I got attached to it ;)

laneford
07-08-2012, 11:47 AM
They are bloatey in the extreme because I love my mans too much to cut them loose.

This is why I will never win the championships. I'm looking at you mr AG5 level 4 rotter.

President Weasel
07-08-2012, 11:59 AM
I never win the championships because I am not quite good enough at blood bowl. (For example, see the needless go for it I failed in my last match, that handed my opponent the chance to score a ridiculously flukey touchdown, draw the match, and relegate me from the Champs).
Div 2 is anyone's to win this season though - and anyone's to get relegated from.

groovychainsaw
07-08-2012, 12:06 PM
Yup, bloatyness is what made me look critically at my team for who to cut and who to keep and left me with the decision to drop the ogre for more catchers. 2 Seasons of losing badly to elves means a change of strategy from 'punch them in the face' to 'prevent them from moving or passing easily'. I hoped for more from my mighty blow/tackle players, but every time I've played av7 teams, I've ended up receiving more casualties than I've inflicted.

So, change is coming to the 4 Colour Villains for season 21 - out goes Galactus (really it's not surprising he's become bloaty, too many planet-snacks), in come Black Flash and Baroness Blitzkrieg!

President Weasel
07-08-2012, 01:14 PM
I look forward to playing you again soon, since your new strategy for bashy teams appears to be "not in the face, not in the face!".

Heliocentric
07-08-2012, 01:16 PM
"not in the face, not in the face!".

And in the game?

groovychainsaw
07-08-2012, 01:19 PM
Ah, bashy teams I've always been able to out-punch (definitely beyond what I should have been able to - thanks, Nuffle!), I'm not going to stop punching them in the face, it's elves' armour that seems to prove the problem. Really, I think its elves have lots of skills vs bashy teams not having so many. I need to skill-up my team to counter agile teams. I'll continue to be bashy where necessary against bashy teams. Galactus, as mentioned, doesn't really 'do' hitting any more, more just standing around guarding, so doesn't help me outbash any more than my blitzers do.

20phoenix
07-08-2012, 01:31 PM
My Humans are no where near as scary as their TV suggests. They are bloatey in the extreme because I love my mans too much to cut them loose.

I took the liberty of checking your team before posting that. Theres plenty in there to be concerned about considering my complete absence of protection skills on almost all my players! I've got them training sprints with their claws protecting their vital parts.

Alistair Hutton
07-08-2012, 01:50 PM
I took the liberty of checking your team before posting that. Theres plenty in there to be concerned about considering my complete absence of protection skills on almost all my players! I've got them training sprints with their claws protecting their vital parts.

Look, sure my Mighty Blow, Tackle, Dodge, Guard Blitzer looks scary and my +1MV, +1AG, Block, Sprint Catcher seems like he'll be a scoring beast and true even my Linemen are like Guard, Tackle, Wrestle monsters.

oh...

Okay, they're pretty scary.

Screwie
07-08-2012, 02:37 PM
After my last match against AH, my recommendation is to foul the everloving hell out of that MA 9 catcher.

Heliocentric
07-08-2012, 03:14 PM
After my last match against AH, my recommendation is to foul the everloving hell out of that MA 9 catcher.

What have I been telling you lot for months, foul early foul often. Else you end up with these monstrosities. Really, it's a public service.

chadsexington
07-08-2012, 05:00 PM
What have I been telling you lot for months, foul early foul often. Else you end up with these monstrosities. Really, it's a public service.

Live stopped fouling almost entirely. I get sent off about 75% of the time, and rarely do better than a stun. Doesn't seem worth it without a bribe

cyberpunkdreams
07-08-2012, 05:03 PM
Live stopped fouling almost entirely. I get sent off about 75% of the time, and rarely do better than a stun. Doesn't seem worth it without a bribe

Don't get Helio started... again ;)

Heliocentric
07-08-2012, 05:15 PM

I totally understand, you have got to really throw yourself into it (assist to av4 equivalent ) or just forget about fouling except when you really have a disgusting target an "Ag4 skinks with ST3".

20phoenix
07-08-2012, 06:09 PM

Well at the time of writing i've got 460k of inducements. Lets just say bribes are definitely contenders for those monies.....

Alistair Hutton
08-08-2012, 09:05 AM
Leave poor innocent Grayland alone.

And it's not like Skaven have a leg to stand on here. I expended huge amount of time, effort and TV to get a single Move 9 Agility 4 player. Skaven start with 4 of them.

20phoenix
08-08-2012, 01:44 PM
You'll be happy to know I only have 3 MV9 rats, sadly the other poor litlle bugger is MV10 :(

Squiz
08-08-2012, 02:19 PM
I totally understand, you have got to really throw yourself into it (assist to av4 equivalent ) or just forget about fouling except when you really have a disgusting target an "Ag4 skinks with ST3".Actually, effective AV5 is what you want (without Dirty Player). At that point sending your opponent off the pitch (KO/injured) is slightly higher than the chance of being sent off yourself.

ntw
08-08-2012, 03:48 PM
You'll be happy to know I only have 3 MV9 rats, sadly the other poor litlle bugger is MV10 :(

Hah, you're lucky! I'm stuck with 3 ManRunners (ST3).

Heliocentric
08-08-2012, 04:00 PM
Actually, effective AV5 is what you want (without Dirty Player). At that point sending your opponent off the pitch (KO/injured) is slightly higher than the chance of being sent off yourself.

Yes, but when you foul its possible you are wasting a useful marker, or losing a tacklezones on the ball or a potential receiver, or just letting a dodge be avoided. That's why I go for AV4

smaug81
08-08-2012, 08:29 PM
Dear Lord this thread moved fast in my absence. Nevertheless, internet is up and running, application is in, and it seems the draw was relatively kind to me. Elves and Skaven to try and beat up on, and I get to play Hutton again! Although apparently his team has become monstrous since the last time we met. That worries me somewhat. Still, it should be entertaining. :P

President Weasel
08-08-2012, 09:07 PM
His team is always monstrous, as it is a dark reflection of the depths monstrousness that lurks in the Huttonish soul.
Sometimes it is monstrous in subtly different ways though.

Macavity
08-08-2012, 09:19 PM
Will there be a post here when division M is up and running, or should I keep checking the client?

20phoenix
08-08-2012, 10:57 PM
Keep an eye out for Groovy writing stuff in big red capital letters. Its usually the first clue

Alistair Hutton
09-08-2012, 09:22 AM
Dear Lord this thread moved fast in my absence. Nevertheless, internet is up and running, application is in, and it seems the draw was relatively kind to me. Elves and Skaven to try and beat up on, and I get to play Hutton again! Although apparently his team has become monstrous since the last time we met. That worries me somewhat. Still, it should be entertaining. :P

Nurgle are my bete noir so I cuold still well be in trouble against you. My problem is relying on a passing style (not good against Nurgle) and still not strength ups.

However, what's far, far, far more important is that the SHADOWFIST KICKSTARTER IS LIVE.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2113976333/shadowfist-combat-in-kowloon-card-game?ref=live

Zoraster
09-08-2012, 11:21 AM
Keep an eye out for Groovy writing stuff in big red capital letters. Its usually the first clue

Think he was asking about the creation of the new division rather than the start of the season. As far as I'm aware that hasn't been done yet so the new guys haven't had a chance to apply.

20phoenix
09-08-2012, 01:11 PM
Ah my mistake

drawlien
09-08-2012, 01:29 PM
I'll try getting div. M started this evening if one of the other admins doesn't beat me to it.

Heliocentric
09-08-2012, 01:41 PM
Nurgle are my bete noir so I cuold still well be in trouble against you. My problem is relying on a passing style (not good against Nurgle) and still not strength ups.

However, what's far, far, far more important is that the SHADOWFIST KICKSTARTER IS LIVE.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2113976333/shadowfist-combat-in-kowloon-card-game?ref=live

It's funny you said that because I was reading the packaging that came with my probiotic yoghurt and apparently the culture used Is live, got started eating it immediately, it wasn't that tasty.

Alistair Hutton
09-08-2012, 02:02 PM
Oops, I totally didn't see that post suggesting that the start of the season would be heralded by large red letters. I wasn't trying to be clever or anything. I'm just so damn excited about shadowfist and knew that smaug was a former Shadowfist player.

I just had to share.

groovychainsaw
09-08-2012, 02:38 PM
I'm going to have to start using different coloured/fonted big letters now, aren't I?

In other news, I'm hoping to get on my PC tonight. If Drawlien can create div M (thanks, Drawlien!), then the new guys can apply. I'll take a look and see who we're missing tonight and start naming names. I'd like to get us going over the weekend, if I can...

drawlien
09-08-2012, 07:03 PM
Ok, I've created div. M. GO, GO, GO!

I've also accepted applications to Championship, Div1, and Div2. Div1 has the correct fixtures but I couldn't get the Champs or div2 seeding to do anything so could someone else do that?

Boots you applied to the wrong division. You need to apply for divA

smaug81
09-08-2012, 07:10 PM

0_0

Oh my. I had no idea that was in the works. Excuse me while I go spam all my friends, and then attempt not to vibrate with anticipation. :P

boots468
09-08-2012, 08:30 PM

That's a good point. Correct application submitted now!

Macavity
09-08-2012, 09:15 PM
Ok, I've created div. M. GO, GO, GO!

I've also accepted applications to Championship, Div1, and Div2. Div1 has the correct fixtures but I couldn't get the Champs or div2 seeding to do anything so could someone else do that?

I might just be being dull... what's the password for the division?

Heliocentric
09-08-2012, 09:21 PM
Chainsawed

Macavity
09-08-2012, 09:23 PM
Thanks - I knew I'd seen it somewhere... like the FAQ on the sign up sheet for instance. I don't normally show quite such an utter lack of initiative or reading comprehension. Lack of sleep makes the world an interesting place >.<

20phoenix
09-08-2012, 10:45 PM
Thanks - I knew I'd seen it somewhere... like the FAQ on the sign up sheet for instance. I don't normally show quite such an utter lack of initiative or reading comprehension. Lack of sleep makes the world an interesting place >.<

I think most the coaches in your division were hoping on an utter lack of initiative.....

President Weasel
09-08-2012, 11:08 PM
Hello everyone,

it is traditional at this point in the proceedings for me to remind you all that you should go all the way into a league in "view league" before applying; applying from the league search screen sometimes doesn't work, because Cyanide.

best regards,
P Weasel, esq.

Dissident
10-08-2012, 03:27 PM
Hey all.
I'm currently on holiday. I'll start catching up next week and do all the necessary procedings then. Hopefully it won't delay anything.

See you.

darkweeble
10-08-2012, 03:33 PM
I'll be returning home tonight and from what I gather from the thread I'm a bit too late to join this season? I'll keep an eye out for the next one!

Heliocentric
10-08-2012, 03:37 PM
I think most the coaches in your division were hoping on an utter lack of initiative.....

When he gets level ups keep suggesting thick skull.

Zoraster
10-08-2012, 03:41 PM
I'll be returning home tonight and from what I gather from the thread I'm a bit too late to join this season? I'll keep an eye out for the next one!

Not at all Weeble. Only the top two tiers have been filled so far and Groovy is yet to name and shame so you will be in plenty of time to keep your spot... of course with two AG4 teams plus humans to deal with you might not want it :)

ntw: looking at Weeble's division (Div I) the fixture list has two Sketch's again in round one. Sketch must be a gremlin :)

sketchseven
10-08-2012, 05:12 PM
It's a talent I have. Although if you fail to feed me coffee before midnight I can get a bit 'ornery.

Screwie
10-08-2012, 05:38 PM
When he gets level ups keep suggesting thick skull.

I would love it if in the next iteration of the rules Thick Skull gets a boost that suddenly makes it awesome.

Not sure what that could be, though.

Jarvis
10-08-2012, 05:46 PM
I would love it if in the next iteration of the rules Thick Skull gets a boost that suddenly makes it awesome.

A small bonus to waking up in addition to what it currently does would be good and in keeping with the name.

chadsexington
10-08-2012, 06:22 PM

+1 to headbutts

potatoedoughnut
10-08-2012, 07:41 PM

-1 to injury rolls (instead of current effect). Or the suggestion of +1 to KO recover (in addition to current effect) would be good too.

Still not sure I'd ever take it (I don't think I've ever taken a +AV stat), but it would be better than the useless it is now.

Janek
10-08-2012, 07:44 PM
+1 to armour roll on a Both Down result.

20phoenix
10-08-2012, 07:52 PM
-1 to injury rolls (instead of current effect). Or the suggestion of +1 to KO recover (in addition to current effect) would be good too.

Still not sure I'd ever take it (I don't think I've ever taken a +AV stat), but it would be better than the useless it is now.

Only time i've taken +AV is on a blodge, ss, ghoul. I wanted at least one ghoul that could stay on the pitch!

Screwie
10-08-2012, 07:53 PM
Very interesting ideas!

chadsexington
10-08-2012, 08:35 PM
What about thick skull negating mighty blow?

sketchseven
10-08-2012, 09:23 PM
When's the next season due to kick off again?

Skydancer
10-08-2012, 11:34 PM
Lol, thick skull might have been the best skill ever to grace my skeletons, it procs so often!

Wolfenswan
11-08-2012, 12:46 AM

You're with my wood elves, their poncy highborn cousins and some lowdown rats in division I.

darkweeble
11-08-2012, 01:07 AM
Holy crap so I am! Applying right now!

sketchseven
11-08-2012, 02:10 AM
... some lowdown rats ...

How dare you refer to my learned gentlemen in such a manner?! Your insolence is noted, sir.

grinn
11-08-2012, 07:54 AM
Have been moving and netless. What have I missed? Are champs applications open?

drawlien
11-08-2012, 09:40 AM
You're already in there grinn.

ntw
11-08-2012, 08:43 PM
Not at all Weeble. Only the top two tiers have been filled so far and Groovy is yet to name and shame so you will be in plenty of time to keep your spot... of course with two AG4 teams plus humans to deal with you might not want it :)

ntw: looking at Weeble's division (Div I) the fixture list has two Sketch's again in round one. Sketch must be a gremlin :)

Fixed, thanks.

Jolima
12-08-2012, 11:24 AM
If there's anyone here who's looking for a way to get some more Blood Bowl in his life, we're in need of a single additional player for the Open to make the numbers even.

Any team valued below 1750 TV that's not one of Cha, HElf, Liz, Nor, Orc, Ska or WElf is welcome, and even if you're interested in joining with one of those, do post over in the Open thread and you might still be fitted in. Just keep in mind that the league will be going on for several months, so make sure you will stick with it if you apply.

(Oh, and I'll probably rejoin the divisions with a new team next season.)

groovychainsaw
12-08-2012, 05:51 PM
Ok, apologies for being a bit slow with setting up this season but we are now only missing 4 people, all divisions down to H are started and fixtures correct (I think!) if you want to get your game in early.

The missing 4 are:

Div G, Walrus
Div K, Darkwing + Joose
Div M, Dissident

Divisions below H are not started yet in case I have to fill in any no shows. Missing guys, you have 24 hours to get in! If anyopne spots them on steam or has heard from them recently and knows why they're not here, let them/me know?

Additionally we have a new admin! Zoraster is joining the folds (Thanks Zor!), gaining the ability to wield the infamous acid castration bricks. Please pester him along with the rest of the admins if you need a game validating ;-).

Walrus
12-08-2012, 08:51 PM
Applied just now. I think half of the RPS Blood Bowl community hollered at me, so kudos to you all and thanks for the reminder!

MrJoose
13-08-2012, 03:41 PM
Poopies, sorry. I had applied, but I may have done it from the league search, and well, you know...cyanide. I've reapplied from the league itself.

groovychainsaw
13-08-2012, 04:20 PM
Ok, Darkwing has informed me that he's not available, so that just leaves dissident missing at the moment. This is not going to be too good for the new guys, as it means one of them will take DW's spot whilst the other will be left on their own in division M :-(. Anyone have any good ideas for solutions? Ideally we'd like to get the rest of the divisions going tonight...

Squiz
13-08-2012, 04:24 PM
I would be willing to throw in a filler team for one season or two. I have a habit of performing poorly in the Divisions, so no worries about promotions etc. .

Edit: Of course, this still means that we need to have 2 additional fillers for that Division.

cyberpunkdreams
13-08-2012, 04:27 PM
I wouldn't mind making a filler team... it could always be moved to the Challenge when no longer needed, after all.

Zoraster
13-08-2012, 04:29 PM
Dissident posted this on Friday so we can count him in still.

Hey all.
I'm currently on holiday. I'll start catching up next week and do all the necessary procedings then. Hopefully it won't delay anything.

See you.

groovychainsaw
13-08-2012, 04:34 PM
Ah, well that helps, good spot Zor - I'd mentally decided that all of the people posting they were away were already back, I just thought blood bowl would be the *first thing* they did when they got back, for some reason ;-)

Squiz
13-08-2012, 05:36 PM
Alright, if we still need a filler team, the Miskatonic Maulers (Hum) are ready and able.

Jolima
13-08-2012, 06:09 PM
If it helps, I could join in with a new (non-filler) team as well. I'd probably take the chance to try out Nurgle for a season and see if I like them enough to stick with them or reboot again for next season.

Edit: Team made and applied to div M.

President Weasel
13-08-2012, 06:39 PM
I said a couple of pages back I'd throw in a filler team, and try to win with it. Still up for it, let me know.

Wolfenswan
13-08-2012, 07:12 PM
I could throw the Queens back in as a filler but they aren't the most enjoyable match for fresh teams with all their Dodge, Blodge, Guard and two ST4.

Squiz
14-08-2012, 07:25 AM
I said a couple of pages back I'd throw in a filler team, and try to win with it. Still up for it, let me know.In that case Weasel should fill the gap (if there is only one slot to fill). Btw, why wouldn't you want to win, even if it is only with a filler team?

President Weasel
14-08-2012, 09:29 AM
If we still need a filler team I'll bang a skaven one in. I need the skaven practice for the Open.

laneford
14-08-2012, 11:29 AM
I can also do a filler team for this season, have no work until september so I can take a few more BB games :)

groovychainsaw
14-08-2012, 12:26 PM
We're missing 2 from K right now - DaWink and Dissident. I've PM'd them. All other divisions are started ok. If DaWink and Dissident don't turn up shortly, I'll bump the 2 new guys into K to get us going (hopefully you're around to do this, new guys?)/ That does mean no filler teams however, sorry chaps, I can see how keen you all are ;-)

ChainsawHands
14-08-2012, 03:04 PM
The historical results for season 17 (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0An0cPSrhZtr7dFU2QncwN0NtQ2tCUjNjSnVCVlY2W Xc#gid=22) appear to be locked (or at least I can't access them), can someone fix that?

ntw
14-08-2012, 04:36 PM
It should be read only for anyone with the link, I've just refreshed the link so try now please.

wink5000
14-08-2012, 04:37 PM
We're missing 2 from K right now - DaWink and Dissident. I've PM'd them. All other divisions are started ok. If DaWink and Dissident don't turn up shortly, I'll bump the 2 new guys into K to get us going (hopefully you're around to do this, new guys?)/ That does mean no filler teams however, sorry chaps, I can see how keen you all are ;-)

Applied to K. Once again.

President Weasel
14-08-2012, 04:41 PM
Applied to K. Once again.

Make sure you apply from within the "view league" screen and not just from within the league search results - it often fails to work from that screen.

ChainsawHands
14-08-2012, 04:43 PM
It should be read only for anyone with the link, I've just refreshed the link so try now please.Yeah, working now. Thanks!

Zoraster
14-08-2012, 04:59 PM

Both Wink and Dissident are in, and the division is started. Back to needing a filler in M. Jolima is returning so only one needed. Pres?

President Weasel
14-08-2012, 05:01 PM
'bout 1900 UK-o-time this evening, Zor.

Applied

President Weasel
14-08-2012, 10:02 PM
The Red Skull Reavers started their Division 2 campaign with a dispiriting 1-0 loss to Snoozer and his horrible fucking dwarfs. I am sure Snoozer is a lovely person, but dwarfs are shits.

Cage, grind forward, punch, repeat.

And my heartfelt sarcastic thanks to the scheduling gods, who made me play the little bastards first, before I had the chance to get more than one player with claw.

Christ I hate dwarfs.
I even did a turn 16 foul, that's how much I hate them. Not that it did any more than stun the little wanker.

One minor plus point is at least only one Reaver died, and he got apoced back to BH. I think all I achieved all match was to KO one of them.

Gorm
14-08-2012, 10:48 PM
Just played Zenoheroes Skaven, with my Skaven in Div E. My TV was almost 1000 higher than his, and i personally blame console gamers for this. Needless to say unleveled gutter runners vs levelled gutter runners wasnt much of a competition and i beat him. Morg didnt seem to do much, but then again having an extra player with block may have helped more than is easily noticeable, especially with the St 6.

Zenohero
14-08-2012, 11:00 PM
I'm in a bit of a dispirted mood to watch the replay after a absolute beatdown (0-4), but I'll put a few notes up here in case anyone (read: Squirrelfanatic :P) would like to hear about it.

1.) with 880k inducements I managed to grab Morg n' Thorg, a master chef and a wizard and all turned out to be substantially useless.. Maybe going for more skilled players would have helped, but that was about the way the cookie crumbled today

2.) Skilled GR vs. No skilled went the way it sounds. He swarmed my guys and made a -2d blitz with a block GR and successfully completed it, allowing for him to score quickly.

3.) Morg N' Thorg was absolutely useless, with one injury on a a Lineman, despite getting free swings at his GR once a round normally.

2nd half

4.) No luck again, with it quickly shooting out to a 3-0 lead.

5.) I finally have an opening and can attempt a risky pass. I move my thrower forward and...pick up a lineman off the ground, ending before I can throw the damn ball. Rookie move and another scuffle ends in a 4-0 lead.

6.) I finally am in position for a TD. I made a dodge, pass and all I need to do is hand off to my 3SPP GR for a quick TD... Fail on a 1

7.) Gorm kills a unskilled lineman. apothed to -1 agi. promptly left dead.

A really frustrating game, but not all the surprising. I didn't expect Morg N' Thorg, the master chef ( 2 passes out of 6 times), and the wizard to be winning plays, but I didn't expect a 4-0 rout. Also congratulations to Gorm, who played really well and killed any momentum I was attempting to gain. Hopefully the DELF next week won't be as bad, but I'm not holding my breath. Also squirrel you are indeed correct, GR are evil bastards when their not no your team >:). Good luck in you next match Gorm!

Janek
14-08-2012, 11:08 PM
The uh. Hmm. Cyanide seem to have eaten my game against Jarvis, which is potentially very good news for him on account of the one -ST and four dead players.

Edit: Do we know if there's a way to push the result through using, I dunno, the replay file or something? I would assume not because Cyanide. Could also default it I suppose, the SPP would work out about the same, it's just the lost players that would disappear into the aether.

Gorm
14-08-2012, 11:22 PM
Yea good luck Zeno. Show those dark elves what for, then hopefully i will still have a chance against them after playing Zoraster.

President Weasel
15-08-2012, 12:07 AM
Janek, the game won't exist until a league admin approves it, so if you don't see the result anywhere it's probably just that ntw or Zor or Goorvy haven't adminned it yet. My result against Snoozer doesn't show up anywhere either, but that's working as intended.

Which reminds me, now I have to play your unmarked and SPP-refreshed team, fresh from beating the snot out of Jarvis, while Snoozer gets to go stamp on Jarvis's wreckage.
Whoever scheduled Division 2 clearly has it in for me, which is odd because I am a genial and likeable man with few enemies.

Eard
15-08-2012, 02:28 AM
Hmm, I was told there is a division needing a warmish body? Sat out last season, and I'd like to come in this season with a new team as Chaos was painfully boring to the point I couldn't stand getting them leveled up.

Macavity
15-08-2012, 06:48 AM
I'm checking the forum daily, just waiting for Div M/K/? to start and the call to arms.

XD

Squiz
15-08-2012, 06:51 AM
ReportThanks for writing that up. This match was the one I was looking forward to the most, given that either way rats would get hurt. Your experience here has some parallels with my first match in the Open League, were my pretty much unskilled Lizardmen team got outplayed by Janek's Necro force. It's a bit of a shame that Cyanide's implementation of inducements is so limited, as Skaven seem to be especially suited to play the underdog.

300k for the Masterchef seems pretty risky to me, but I guess Skaven rely a lot on risky play and taking a few re-rolls away might have helped a lot. As I said somewhere else, Morg is really really expensive and not always worth his money, in my opinion. Don't know what I would have taken instead though.

Better luck next time, hopefully the Skaven stay around long enough to meet up with the RPS Allstars another time.

Janek
15-08-2012, 06:58 AM
Janek, the game won't exist until a league admin approves it, so if you don't see the result anywhere it's probably just that ntw or Zor or Goorvy haven't adminned it yet. My result against Snoozer doesn't show up anywhere either, but that's working as intended.

Which reminds me, now I have to play your unmarked and SPP-refreshed team, fresh from beating the snot out of Jarvis, while Snoozer gets to go stamp on Jarvis's wreckage.
Whoever scheduled Division 2 clearly has it in for me, which is odd because I am a genial and likeable man with few enemies.
Really? Unverified results generally at least show in the calender screen don't they?

There were issues - the second half was plagued with sync errors (KEEP HITTING YES) and it got stuck at "retrieving data from server" after the match, although it did come back to life for me. Possibly it never did for Jarvis so it only has "my side" of the result.

Zoraster
15-08-2012, 09:08 AM
I'm checking the forum daily, just waiting for Div M/K/? to start and the call to arms.

XD

I'll hop on and do it right now bud, assuming Pres clicked the right button to get his application in of course :)

drawlien
15-08-2012, 10:14 AM
Really? Unverified results generally at least show in the calender screen don't they?

There were issues - the second half was plagued with sync errors (KEEP HITTING YES) and it got stuck at "retrieving data from server" after the match, although it did come back to life for me. Possibly it never did for Jarvis so it only has "my side" of the result.

I just had a look and it's got the score as ?-? so I think you'll have to play again or take an adminned result...

President Weasel
15-08-2012, 10:25 AM
Bugger.
Hey Zor, it looks like there's a blokey called 'Eard' who'd like to stick a team in - I'd be glad to drop out in favour of him.

Eard, could you get a team submitted today?

Indefatigible Snoozer
15-08-2012, 10:30 AM
The Red Skull Reavers started their Division 2 campaign with a dispiriting 1-0 loss to Snoozer and his horrible fucking dwarfs. I am sure Snoozer is a lovely person, but dwarfs are shits.

Cage, grind forward, punch, repeat.

And my heartfelt sarcastic thanks to the scheduling gods, who made me play the little bastards first, before I had the chance to get more than one player with claw.

Christ I hate dwarfs.
I even did a turn 16 foul, that's how much I hate them. Not that it did any more than stun the little wanker.

One minor plus point is at least only one Reaver died, and he got apoced back to BH. I think all I achieved all match was to KO one of them.

Yeah, not the most dynamic of games. I am glad that the two rookies I've signed on for this season only (Chaos Fodder and his distant cousin Khaos Fodda) have been a good investment so far, meaning I could field a full squad even after that KOing and one guy being sent off after the Ref "forgot" about that bribe he was paid before the game. I was the most worried about this game, because you almost equalled me in MB. I much prefer having more MB than the other guy...

Eard
15-08-2012, 12:28 PM
Bugger.
Hey Zor, it looks like there's a blokey called 'Eard' who'd like to stick a team in - I'd be glad to drop out in favour of him.

Eard, could you get a team submitted today?

Yep, will make a necro team this afternoon. Apply them to division M I assume?

Zoraster
15-08-2012, 12:35 PM
Yup, Div M.

ntw
15-08-2012, 11:26 PM
Yep, will make a necro team this afternoon. Apply them to division M I assume?

Team accepted, all looks to be correct and running...

Wolfenswan
16-08-2012, 12:56 AM
First game in Division I ended with a 2-1 victory for my WElfs against sketchseven's humans.

My play was okay but two oversights nearly cost my the touchdowns. (Especially as the dice seemed to be slightly in favour of sketchseven, most importantly when it came to rolling crucial POWs). One lineelf got his AV reduced while another one gained -ST in the last block of the match, promptly apo'd to dead. I've picked the -ST but I'll ponder if I want to keep a 2ST lino (1SPP) and build him as a fouler/kicker or use the lino merc in the next matches. Opinions?

Apart from that my Wardancer leveled up and three linos got 1 SPP through passing so MVP's an option. Can an admin validate the match?

Eard
16-08-2012, 01:17 AM
Hmm, am I blind or is there no Division M subforum for match planning?

Jarvis
16-08-2012, 06:40 AM

The screen came back for me. I was mildly relieved when the man of the match didn't go to a dead player.

It was definitely 0-2 travesty, at one point I thought it might actually go higher against me until I managed a lucky dodge pickup dodge back up the field (briefly).

Squiz
16-08-2012, 08:37 AM
One lineelf got his AV reduced while another one gained -ST in the last block of the match, promptly apo'd to dead. I've picked the -ST but I'll ponder if I want to keep a 2ST lino (1SPP) and build him as a fouler/kicker or use the lino merc in the next matches. Opinions?Cut him as soon as you've got the money. You are paying for the full 3ST after all. 1SPP is nothing you'll be missing and there is a chance that this guy will get some MVPs in the future if you keep him. Go for a merc.

ntw
16-08-2012, 09:11 AM

probably not, we've not made it as high (low?) as DivM before...

use this thread until we get a chance to birth the org thread.

President Weasel
16-08-2012, 10:00 AM
the dice seemed to be slightly in favour of sketchseven, most importantly when it came to rolling crucial POWs

I had just finished playing his dark elves in the challenge league with my necro team, and most of the match consisted of Nuffle slapping Sketchseven with his own hand and saying "stop hitting yourself" in a squeaky voice.
He was probably due some good rolls, is what I'm saying. Skull skull rerolled to skull skull near the start of your turn is pretty harsh.

Wolfenswan
16-08-2012, 10:53 AM
Cut him as soon as you've got the money. You are paying for the full 3ST after all. 1SPP is nothing you'll be missing and there is a chance that this guy will get some MVPs in the future if you keep him. Go for a merc.

Well I don't have the money as I'm currently saving for the second and maybe third RR and then to buy a catcher. But yeah, you probably right.

El Cubo
16-08-2012, 11:27 AM
Elven players are so expensive and fragile that there's no reason not to abuse journeymen as much as possible while saving your money for more important expenses. Just stick them on LoS and if they get hurt, who cares. You'll get a new one for your next match. Once you get your positionals and RRs, you can start investing on linemen.

Of course, having a deep bench helps in many ways, but I'm not sure if any wood elven team can afford to keep one in the early stage.

ChainsawHands
16-08-2012, 11:36 AM
One reroll? ONE REROLL? Yeah, sack the -ST lineman and just use a journeyman, it's not like loner will matter much if you've only got one reroll anyway.

President Weasel
16-08-2012, 11:54 AM
Minus strength makes him nigh useless, far more so than minus move or minus agility.

Heliocentric
16-08-2012, 12:29 PM
I'd rather a journeyman I can go on to buy get mvp over a -st lineman.

Zoraster
16-08-2012, 12:29 PM
Strength loss is way better than loss of agility or movement on a wood elf lino in my opinion. It really depends on how you play them but I throw very few blocks at all with Wood Pansy teams, and virtually none with the linos. They are key for setting up partitions and screens, so I'd take a -ST over a JM if I had rerolls to use or wouldn't be able to buy a replacement for a long while.

I've just looked at your team and seen you have also got a -AV lino too. That is the one I'd cut first but I'd hang onto them both while they are sitting out your next game anyway. You can make a more informed choice when you know how much cash you have and what further injuries you've suffered.

Zoraster
16-08-2012, 12:32 PM
I'd rather a journeyman I can go on to buy get mvp over a -st lineman.

Not going to be an option. Wolf wants to cut linos in the short term, not buy more of them. Once he gets his positionals he'll be needing to remove at least three of the current linos. The first applications are in :)

sketchseven
16-08-2012, 12:45 PM
That game against Weasel truly was horrible in terms of the little white cubes screwing me over. A 7 man gang foul on a downed Flesh Golem - only stunned (encouraged Weasel to score though, which was kind of the point. I needed the ball back). Roll double BD rerolling to double BD? Tick. Double skulls rerolled to double skulls? Tick. 2+ Dodge roll fail (with reroll)? Tick tick tick.

As for Wolfenswan's match, I was getting a lot of knockdowns (pows and defender stumbles) but hardly any injuries (the two cas were very late on in the game ... actually the -ST I think was the very last block of the game - felt a bit bad about that). I think it got slightly crazy when I threw an end-of-turn defender-picks two dice block and got double pows. Ah well.

Roll on week two.

potatoedoughnut
16-08-2012, 04:54 PM
Cut him as soon as you've got the money. You are paying for the full 3ST after all. 1SPP is nothing you'll be missing and there is a chance that this guy will get some MVPs in the future if you keep him. Go for a merc.

Cut him now. There's no reason to drag around dead weight when a merc will play better than your cripple.

Macavity
16-08-2012, 06:20 PM
looks like groovy has set one up XD

groovychainsaw
16-08-2012, 10:01 PM
Yes, finally got one created, apologies new (and returning guys) for missing that one.

Additionally, I'm off on holidays tomorrow until next sunday (26th), so I'll need the admins to cover a bit more whilst I'm away. I'm sure they'll look after you. No coups whilst I'm away, ok?

Eard
16-08-2012, 10:27 PM
Thank you!

ChainsawHands
16-08-2012, 10:34 PM
I'll be away from Saturday morning (the 18th) until... possibly the 25th or 26th, although it'll likely be some time a bit sooner next week. Should still be able to get my next game in, hopefully.

Jiiiiim
16-08-2012, 10:58 PM
*strangled yelp*

potatoedoughnut
17-08-2012, 12:17 AM
*strangled yelp*

I knew it, you were just waiting for me to leave the champs.

Everblue
17-08-2012, 09:10 AM
Oh my God. It had to happen eventually with those super-elves, but 5-2? Gosh. Report please (and is the game posted to BBM so I can watch it?).

mrpier
17-08-2012, 09:30 AM
Adminpeople, me and dentharial in Div D need an extension if possible, to tuesday/wednesday next week. I'm away this weekend and dentharial has been super busy this week so we haven't managed to schedule a match.

ChainsawHands
17-08-2012, 10:43 AM
So, I've never beaten Jiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiim before, last time we played he beat me 5-2, and my MV10 ST4 AG5 elf was sitting the match out: not the most encouraging start.

Helped by a pretty successful fireball and a blitz that let me catch my own kick, the final score was 5-2 to me. It would have been 5-3, but on turn 16 Jiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiim's MV10 skink was trying for a 1TTD, failed a GFI... and died. Obviously only an absolute monster of a human being would have laughed when that happened...

Hopefully Jiiiiiim will do a more detailed match report through the medium of interpretive dance.

Heliocentric
17-08-2012, 10:50 AM
What is this sorcery which allows more than 3 touchdowns in a match?

Gorm
17-08-2012, 11:00 AM
Elves. Its elves.

groovychainsaw
17-08-2012, 11:14 AM
Yup, my game against chainsawhands' elves was so disheartening no-one ever heard about it. Suffice to say, my team has now been rebuilt, ogre-less, and it paid off in a 2-1 victory over Nullkigan's delves last night. A touchdown for my new catcher, baroness blitzkrieg, Zod being generally unassailable as the ball carrier (str5 blitzers ftw!) and some pretty unfortunate double 1's at key moments for null being th highlights of the game.

One level up for a block lineman. Normal level up on a lineman is so boring. Is he bloat? If not, what should I give him chaps, tackle, fend or... other?

Everblue
17-08-2012, 11:17 AM
Dirty player?

mrpier
17-08-2012, 11:19 AM
Tackle if you don't think you have enough, otherwise fend for protection on the LOS. Dirty Player if you want to foul and have the manpower for it. Presumably you already have a kicker?

ChainsawHands
17-08-2012, 11:22 AM
Yup, my main against chainsawhands' elves was so disheartening no-one ever heard about it.You gave my MV10 ST4 AG5 catcher a niggling injury, that's got to count for something...

laneford
17-08-2012, 12:26 PM
Wow, that was a hell of a winning streak you just broke 'hands.

Jiiiiim
17-08-2012, 12:46 PM
If you want a writeup, hands is going to have to do it. The 10 move skink dying on the last move of my last turn from a failed GFI still has me in a state of shock.

ntw
17-08-2012, 01:28 PM
Nuffle is a cruel and fickle master.

President Weasel
17-08-2012, 02:01 PM
Yup, my game against chainsawhands' elves was so disheartening no-one ever heard about it. Suffice to say, my team has now been rebuilt, ogre-less, and it paid off in a 2-1 victory over Nullkigan's delves last night. A touchdown for my new catcher, baroness blitzkrieg, Zod being generally unassailable as the ball carrier (str5 blitzers ftw!) and some pretty unfortunate double 1's at key moments for null being th highlights of the game.

One level up for a block lineman. Normal level up on a lineman is so boring. Is he bloat? If not, what should I give him chaps, tackle, fend or... other?

Do human linemen get access to guard? If they have strength access you should get all the guard.

Everblue
17-08-2012, 02:13 PM
Nope, general only.

Heliocentric
17-08-2012, 02:17 PM
Nope, general only.

Guard on regular access for linemen (beastmen for instance) is an addiction. You start feeling that if you don't have triple dice something is wrong, just say no!

Wolfenswan
17-08-2012, 02:23 PM
my MV10 ST4 AG5 elf

your what?

i never want to be in the championship.

ChainsawHands
17-08-2012, 02:25 PM
He also has block, and only needs 60-odd SPP to get dodge too...

20phoenix
17-08-2012, 02:51 PM
Imagine that elf was a wardancer with one less move but with leap and dodge. And still only level 4. Shame she's in an MM team really. Especially as that team also carries another MV9 wardancer, an MV8 thrower and an AG5 lino none of whom are above lvl 4. Elves are truly blessed

El Cubo
17-08-2012, 02:56 PM
I have a team with st4+frenzy wardancer. She also has niggling injury and -av. Talk about a glass cannon!

ChainsawHands
17-08-2012, 02:56 PM
Yeah, "being a wardancer" is pretty much the only way that player could be better. I do like the MV10 though, only needing one push to get a 1TTD is pretty nice.

I've also got a ST4 wrestle dodge tackle catcher, a ST4 block dodge leap frenzy catcher, an AG5 wrestle dodge leap catcher with AV6, and an AG5 block dodge leap jump-up blitzer. Truly Nuffle has blessed that team.

Everblue
17-08-2012, 03:19 PM
Oh this is a fun game. Which player would be most improved by getting +2MV, +1ST, +1AG and a normal skill roll? You could have a:

7 5 4 9 Block (Chaos Warrior)

9 4 4 8 Block, Guard (Human Blitzer)

7 3 4 6 Sure feet, Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff (Halfling)

Any thoughts?

ChainsawHands
17-08-2012, 03:23 PM
I still think wardancer - MV10, and start with block dodge leap so you could take strip ball, no cage would be safe.

Heliocentric
17-08-2012, 03:36 PM
Zombie MV6, ST4, AG3,? I jest.
Werewolf MV10, ST4, AG4
and
Skink MV 10,ST3, AG4 (stunty)

But the ultimate?
Fanatic MV5, ST8, and you can stuff your + ag for grab or something.

Oh, and a reg skill? Block,sure feet or dodge on the WW, sure feet on a skink and the fanatic should be grab+stand firm because of recycling + AG

ChainsawHands
17-08-2012, 03:40 PM
It'd be wasted on a fanatic: +AG's useless, and you'd be better skipping the +ST for block. The two +MVs would be awesome, though.

Everblue
17-08-2012, 03:40 PM
Yes, the wardancer is pretty amazing. I'm trying to think outside the box a bit.

I like the fanatic, but the rule is that you have to take the +1AG, so there's some bloat there. Maybe a pogoer? 9 3 4 6 Dodge, Leap, Very Long Legs, Sure feet?

That's a scoring machine! Leap on a 2+ and a range of 11!

A vamp? 8 5 5 8 Block, Blust, Hypo, Regen?

ChainsawHands
17-08-2012, 04:11 PM
Maybe a better question is what players wouldn't be awesome with those stat-ups... maybe a snotling? ;-)

laneford
17-08-2012, 06:12 PM
Best player I have that can come near hands super elf, is my high elf catcher in the open, MA10 ST4 AG4 AV6 Block, Dodge, Catch.

His days are surely numbered.

Heliocentric
17-08-2012, 06:25 PM
Maybe a better question is what players wouldn't be awesome with those stat-ups... maybe a snotling? ;-)

Zombies/skeletons, treemen and snots. And rotters for a different reason.

mrpier
17-08-2012, 07:57 PM
MV4, ST7, plus normal skill (block or pro) treeman would be amazing.

Cacamas
17-08-2012, 09:42 PM
In Nuffle We Trust 1 - 3 The Top Brass

* 1st drive:the gobbos push down the left flank and set up a defensive line around the pogoer with the ball.
* A lone elf gets through and sends him surfing while the ball flies into the goblin half with a couple of elves in close attendance. A TD soon follows.
* One key turn had 3 goblins being badly hurt in successive blocks.
* 2nd drive: an attempt at a 1-turner by the gobbos which ends with the goblin face down and the ball free in Elf territory.
* Elves recover the ball and get ready for another passing move to get a second TD.
* Foiled! The pogoer, in an unusually competent move, leaps the defensive line, knocks the thrower down on a 1d block and manages to pick up the ball with an elf beside him
* 3rd drive: the Elves do their usual slick passing move resulting in a TD...
* ...eventually. The first three turns were spent picking up the ball as a rash of 1s means the ball was up for grabs near the line of scrimmage for a dangerously long time.
* 4th drive: the Gobbos pull off a text book 1 turn TD, amazingly enough. They're triers, I'll give them that. ;)
* By this stage, with 4 normal injuries and all 4 secret weapons off the pitch, the goblins are a little light in defence.
* 5th drive: the elves score on their final turn, quite comfortably due to severely outnumbering the gobbos.
* 6th drive: time enough for one more failed attempt at a 1-turner by the gobbos.
* Overall a good, fun game, with some, ahem, unpredictable dice.

Screwie
17-08-2012, 11:12 PM
Brewery Management (Dwarf, Alini) vs Dread Pool (Dark Elf, me)

Final score: Brewery Management 2 - 1 Dread Pool

Well, that was a colossal nuffling. Let's look at the stats...

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc82/spuffpuppy/Blood%20Bowl/blockdice.jpg

Those block results show what I cam up against. Dwarfs are already terribly efficient blockers, but when nearly half (~45%) of their dice come up Defender Stumbles/Defender Down, and several of them have Mighty Blow, the results are not pretty.

Meanwhile I realised on turn 6 of the first half I'd yet to roll any Defender Stumbles/Down in the whole match so far... in fact you can see how successful my blocking was from the 2d6 results:

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc82/spuffpuppy/Blood%20Bowl/2d6.jpg

Eight armour rolls.... wow. And only one of them succeeded!

Because of that, I burned through my TRRS so quickly, while Alini used only one in the whole match!

Also, two of my linemen were killed - fortunately the most expendable of my players - and a third lineman suffered a potential career ender (-1 AV). He's one of my guard bastards too :/

Just... hell of a match. Nuffle gave me the F--- YOU dice.

Heliocentric
18-08-2012, 02:06 AM
MV4, ST7, plus normal skill (block or pro) treeman would be amazing.
S access only

El Cubo
18-08-2012, 02:12 PM
Brewery Management (Dwarf, Alini) vs Dread Pool (Dark Elf, me)
Well, that was a colossal nuffling. Let's look at the stats...

Oh wow, you've had a hell of a BB week with that stunty match and all.

I also recently played against a dwarf team. While I had better luck than you did, I too, had trouble breaking their armour. Out of 44 armour rolls, only 4 broke through. Them dwarves are real bastards!

Skydancer
18-08-2012, 11:39 PM
The London silly nannies (Cha) 0-1 Barebone Bareboners (Khe), div G

Pretty fun match, driven by Jojo's claw minotaur and my walling up of the ball. Ended 7-7 on the pitch, TD on turn 8 and holding off the ball from Jojo's hands the whole second half (while he managed to send off two TGs with his clawing flurry of horns).

Dog Pants
19-08-2012, 12:34 AM
Div H: Anupshi Rises (KHE, Dog Pants) 1 - 1 Xenny's Berserkers (NOR, Xenny)

This game was plagued by Nuffle and Cyanide. After a premature fireball out of Xenny's control (you can get treatment for it I believe) courtesy of Cyanide the first game ended in a disconnect. Much to the relief of Xenny I imagine, who lost her Yheti on the first turn from a double skull/double skull reroll and knockout, amongst other things.

The game proper begins in fine weather with Anupshi Rises kicking. The ball lands close and in a disturbing mirror of the former game the Yheti manages to put himself down on the first blitz. In an attempt to capitalise on an early turnover, the Khemri surge forward and for their trouble receive a knocked out Tomb Guardian courtesy of the Amazon star player moonlighting for the Berserkers. The Norse force their way forward until an opportunity presents itself for the ball carrier to break the cage and dash forward with a pair of bodyguards. The cluster is caught by a blitzing Tomb Guardian who sacks the ball carrier, who hands off to a thrower. A short melee ensues, but the Thrower breaks free and is barely intercepted by the skeleton backstops. The thrower succumbs to the skeleton harassment on the touchline and the ball is knocked out of bounds, landing in no man's land in the middle of the Khemri half. After over committing at the beginning of the drive the slower Khemri are still struggling to fall back in time, and despite a failed pickup Xenny's Berserkers recover the ball and plough a path for the carrier to run in a touchdown shortly before the end of the half. With little time left on the clock the rest of the half is quiet, only remarkable by an ambitious Norse charge which reached the ball but was unlikely to lead anywhere.

The Berserkers kicked deep for the start of the second half, and Anupshi Rises cage a zig-zag path up the field to the centre line in an attempt to throw off the (admittedly more agile) Berserkers. As they cross the half way line the carrier is caught in a Norse charge, but the Thro-Ra recovers and breaks right into empty space on the Berserker side, accompanied by a Tomb Guardian. An unfortunate Norse runner tries to intercept, only to inflict more damage on himself, and the last marking man is flattened by the Tomb Guardian escort as the Thro-Ra equalises around the mid point of the half.
The Berserkers, by now several men down, form up for a strong attack on their left flank. However, failing to pick up the ball gives the forward deployed Khemri the opportunity to storm down the right flank and retrieve the ball. Relatively unsupported, the carrier is quickly sacked, but a quick recovery leads to a likely surprise touchdown before the end of the match. Fortunately for Xenny's Berserkers the amount of beer on the Norse side of the pitch led to the skuttling Thro-Ra losing his footing twice in a row and falling short of the line. The whistle blows for a hard fought draw.

Heliocentric
19-08-2012, 01:05 AM
Didnt realise we were so close to the deadline, hopefully we'll get our game in tomorrow.

JayTee
19-08-2012, 02:45 AM
The spreadsheet must be wrong as the Divisions only started on 13th/14th, which would imply an end-date of the 23rd/24th.

Zoraster
19-08-2012, 07:25 AM
Well my season got off to a spectacularly bad start. Dark Pansy followed by two helpings of rat is about as bad a division as a ‘fling team can face so you really don’t need Nuffle screwing you too. Sadly she did, with not one, not two but three blitzes granted to the Dark Elves including the key one to open the match. Each blitz on the blitz also caused a CAS magnifying the effect even more. A double dodge failure CAS meant I was down to nine players before Mutiliation’s first turn and as I had been trapped with a number of ‘flings yet to dodge out I was down to seven on the pitch and 11 at best for the rest of the match by the end of the opening turn .

I did cause some damage of my own and may have even got back into the match but the second half was a six aside match so the two further blitzes left me with no possible response. Even worse I’ve really hurt my chances of avoiding relegation by denying Mutilation their Blackle blitzer and their kicker for the game against Zeno’s rats. I need Zeno to lose that one so double grr.

Nuffle had one final kick in the teeth for me; I levelled a ‘fling and a Tree and rolled +AG and a double. Nuffle displayed her evil sense of humour by giving the double to the ‘fling and the agility to the Tree... so annoyingly close to the magic of a block Tree and AG4 ‘fling.

The one minor positive was I did at least score, becoming the first team to achieve that feat against Mutilation, but it barely counts as consolation in a 4-1 defeat.

Heliocentric
19-08-2012, 07:43 AM
Take +AG, if you get jump up you'll be awesome.

Zoraster
19-08-2012, 07:52 AM
Well as Jump Up is waaaay down the list of doubles I consider and I pretty much never use it to block with a Tree so the agility wouldn't factor in anyway that is rather pointless. Agility is nearly always nothing but bloat on a Tree, and always on Cyanide due to the Break Tackle implementation error. If I have rolled +mv and already have BT I consider agility but never any other time.

Screwie
19-08-2012, 09:21 AM
Oh wow, you've had a hell of a BB week with that stunty match and all.

I also recently played against a dwarf team. While I had better luck than you did, I too, had trouble breaking their armour. Out of 44 armour rolls, only 4 broke through. Them dwarves are real bastards!

Yeah, going into it my plan didn't rely on causing any damage to the Dwarfs... but I did need to knock them over :(

My next match should be interesting. Back down to 11 players for the first time in a long while. I'm kind of glad I went with a deep bench for an elf side.

Alistair Hutton
19-08-2012, 09:23 AM
Well as Jump Up is waaaay down the list of doubles I consider and I pretty much never use it to block with a Tree so the agility wouldn't factor in anyway that is rather pointless. Agility is nearly always nothing but bloat on a Tree, and always on Cyanide due to the Break Tackle implementation error. If I have rolled +mv and already have BT I consider agility but never any other time.

I didn't realise Break Tackle was bugged to be always used. Sigh. A fairly wasted skill pick on my Ogre then.

cyberpunkdreams
19-08-2012, 02:04 PM
Well my season got off to a spectacularly bad start. Dark Pansy followed by two helpings of rat is about as bad a division as a ‘fling team can face so you really don’t need Nuffle screwing you too. Sadly she did, with not one, not two but three blitzes granted to the Dark Elves including the key one to open the match. Each blitz on the blitz also caused a CAS magnifying the effect even more. A double dodge failure CAS meant I was down to nine players before Mutiliation’s first turn and as I had been trapped with a number of ‘flings yet to dodge out I was down to seven on the pitch and 11 at best for the rest of the match by the end of the opening turn .

I did cause some damage of my own and may have even got back into the match but the second half was a six aside match so the two further blitzes left me with no possible response. Even worse I’ve really hurt my chances of avoiding relegation by denying Mutilation their Blackle blitzer and their kicker for the game against Zeno’s rats. I need Zeno to lose that one so double grr.

Nuffle had one final kick in the teeth for me; I levelled a ‘fling and a Tree and rolled +AG and a double. Nuffle displayed her evil sense of humour by giving the double to the ‘fling and the agility to the Tree... so annoyingly close to the magic of a block Tree and AG4 ‘fling.

The one minor positive was I did at least score, becoming the first team to achieve that feat against Mutilation, but it barely counts as consolation in a 4-1 defeat.

I had an appalling Nuffling against Mutilation too. I feel your pain. That said, Corkir's obviously a great coach, but his luck has to run out sometime!

Zoraster
19-08-2012, 02:50 PM
You don't feel my pain Cyber... a Nuffling like that is one thing but this was against my wife! The stuff of nightmares :D

Alistair Hutton
19-08-2012, 05:01 PM
Irrelevant Illness (Smaugh) - Altdorf Army (Alistair) Division B.

The Army face a tough choice. True they out TV'd the opposition by a fair amount but that meant they got Grim Black Hoof Psycho Killing Machine Whatever His Name is and Altdrof got the option of whether to kick or receive.

Casting aside normal regimental protocol they elected to receive, aiming for a 8 turn drive as the Disturbing Presence would shut down the regular quick passing game, probably looking to split the opposition up and on turn 8 send the catchers into the end zone and long bomb the ball in wit hthe accurate strong arm thrower. What's that you say? Blizzard? Balls.

Short kick put the ball easily within tentacle reach of the scrimmage line so a distraction force was sent down the left, the centre bashed in, the ball collected in minimally caved and the Ogre failed his Bonehead roll. He was to do this for 3 of the next 4 turns. Oh and a riot had shortened the game by a turn. The distraction force served it's purpose splitting the Illness up and the Army were able to move the ball freely around their own half. Eventually opening up a chance to short pass the ball free of DP to Grayland the AG4 Catcher who unfortunately was DPd and tackle zoned due to some failed blocks. the ball went loose and into the hands of a foul slab of Chaos Warrior.

Smaugh couldn't work the ball loose from the scrum and what followed was the ball ending up loose on the ground with contiualled fumbled pickups dragging it further and further centre field. Eventually the Army managed to get the ball into the hands of Grayland with two turns left and he parked himself in the corner with noly a double GFI by a Pestigor able to even mark him up. Torg'n'Thorg then chose this moment to make a change from sanding or lying on the ground stupid and punched the beast so hard in the face that he was out for the game. Grayland ran in the TD and Illness spent a turn bashing those that they could get their hands on, inclduing one slippery Blodging Blizter (Hoffenmeister) who took 5 blocks without going down.

It was a this moment we realisd that Smaug had been rolling a metric fuckton of skull/push results. He nobly kpet up this streak into the second half.

Into the second half and Smaug got the ball frothe kickoff and parked it behind a wall of flesh. Over the next 6 turns the Army made repeated attempts to take a bite at the cage but were rebuffed, often at the cost of men off the pitch. Down to 9 players the Army knew something needed to be done and steppe dup to the plate - BAM Grashnak Blackhoof into the injury box, BAM Chaos Warrior into the KO box. Suddenly it was 9 vs 8 rather than 10 vs 9 and Smaug just couldn't find the punch through to get down the pitch.

They managed to a couple of squares into the Army's half but it was not to be, with two turns left Altdorf threw everything at the cage and just gave them no ways out. Instead the game petered out with half hearted blocks and sideleine pushes ring it to a close.

Nurgle 0 - 1 Pure Shining Humanity

Everblue
19-08-2012, 07:58 PM
[resolved!]

chadsexington
19-08-2012, 08:13 PM
Walrus and I played our Div G match.

Rapemode was activated.

Highlights of the shit-tasticness included Walrus 1die fury unleashed by skill-less skeletons knocking down my blocking lineman/positionals.

Khemri were far better at picking up the ball than norse

TG pulls off a dodge.

Throw-ra pulls off a dodge "Just to show me he can"

All khemri injuries were regen'd - including the death of a block TG and -1AG to a skele.

3 turns of successive fouling by the khemri's inspired me to foul once - and get sent off.

Multiple poor plays by my norse left me in even worse mood. Im still agonizing over a last-turn mistake that allowed walrus to get the winning TD.

Walrus' Khemri 2 - my Norse 1

Good game

Heliocentric
19-08-2012, 10:24 PM
Being 700 TV down can still be fun, but this wasn't, retiring my team.

I don't mind losing, being nuffled or being out played, but being completely helpless is boring.

Int'he Night Guardians will not be participants in any further matches.

Squiz
19-08-2012, 10:27 PM
INinja132 and me played our match tonight, the report is coming soon. Could any kind admin please validate our (Div L) match?

Everblue
19-08-2012, 10:28 PM
Division K - Bulging Vixens (Amazon, Dissident) v Doomdark's Revenge (Chaos, me)

Full report to follow, but the Vixens pull off an unlikely final play to tie the game 1-1 thanks to a lightning bolt that badly hurt my ST5 warrior who was 2 squares from the Amazon line, Zara the Slayer who was a beast all game, and an unskilled linewoman who (with no re-rolls available) picked up the ball, dodged away from tackles and unleashed a pass to a waiting team mate. Said team mate scampered down the line to score.

Fun game. Still no casualties for the damn minotaur, but hey ho. Bring on the lizards in week 2!

President Weasel
19-08-2012, 10:37 PM
If you hadn't had that mino you'd not have taken that lightning bolt. They're a waste of gold I tell you.

Everblue
19-08-2012, 10:59 PM
It's a fair point, but the mino did a good job in the first half in shutting down the amazon drive.

Basically what I should have done was caged up around the ball in the second half - I was 1-0 up at half time and receiving, so there was no pressure on me to do anything other than punch girls. What I in fact did was go for the TD to win 2-0, trusting to the slownoscity of the Amazons to prevent an equaliser. It was greedy and Dissident punished me for it perfectly.

Fair play to him, and 1-1 was pretty fair.

Zara was a BEAST though - two casualties personally and out of some shred of human decency I decided to try to hurt her than Dissident's own players, and I failed utterly. She is a (to paraphrase Jamie Redknapp) top, top player.

Everblue
19-08-2012, 11:00 PM
Mind you, now that I have a ST5 chaos warrior I am more inclined to skip the minotaur.

DeekyFun
19-08-2012, 11:14 PM
Helio had some bad luck against my elves tonight. He elected to defend at the starting kick off, and a pitch invasion stunned about 8 of his men (plus a few of mine), which led to an easy TD. My elves scored another touchdown on his drive, after I knocked his ball carrier down and the ball rolled into a nice position for my team. During the second half, it was pretty much the same story, another drive and my elves scoring on the counter. Helio had a final drive to get a TD foiled when his WW fell over going for it, which nearly led to a fourth for me on the final turn, except my Elf realised what team he was playing for and fell over dodging.

Differing team values and bad luck made the difference; my Elves are pretty much all set up with Block and Helio was having a tough time knocking them down to whittle down the numbers, basically nullifying his tactics. If he'd been lucky an gotten a few knock outs/injuries then the game could have been totally different.

Anyway 3 - 0 to the Dandy Lions.

somanyrobots
19-08-2012, 11:17 PM
Against the odds, Desvergeh and I actually managed to squeeze our game in. We played several seasons ago, when both our teams were much younger, and had a draw back then. But this match was looking very different. Des's orcs had a 250TV advantage over me (which I spent on babes, a bribe, and a reroll), and were considerably bashier than my necros. I was scared.

The Lycanthropes won the toss, electing to receive. Caught it handily with a high kick, caged up, and prepared to bash through the orcs. That worked about as well as expected. Des's phalanx of ST4 players (four black orcs and two +ST blitzers) meant I made absolutely no progress. Finally, I squeaked enough of an opening to try a risky play; snuck a Blodge werewolf around behind, where my ball carrier attemptd to hand off to him for a TD. But the handoff failed dramatically, with the ball knocked loose, surrounded by orcs. Adding injury to injury, Des gave my skilled WW a smashed ankle in the process. More scrambling occurred, in which I set up desperate plays that then couldn't be executed because Des knocked people down. He BH one of my flesh golems in the process. I did, however, succeed in keeping Des from getting anything organized on the ball (though I'm not certain he was trying), so the half ended at 0-0.

The second half started inauspiciously. A so-so kick, with my remaining werewolf instantly frenzy-crowdsurfed by Des's frenzy blitzer. Then, since Des had left a small opening to get to the goblin ball-carrier, I tried to dodge in with a ghoul and blitz, and promptly failed, losing an entire turn. But I got a few players back to defend, and then Des, perhaps overambitiously, tried to hand off for a faster TD. The handoff failed, my ghoul recovered, and suddenly there was hope again! Slim hope, that depended on standing up to some blocks and then a pass with an orc interceptor marking the catcher. My ball carrier made the run, made the pass, the interception failed...and so did the catch. Despite my shout of "Elf BAAAALLLL!", which totally makes those things work, right? Anyway, Des got the ball back, but in his own half now, not spitting distance from my endzone. And! Even better, my ST4 wight dodged away from his man, and knocked down the Orcish catcher, freeing the ball up again. With all of Des's players in my half, it was even numbers around the ball, and a ghoul got to it and failed to pick up. But next turn, the ghoul's Blodge let him survive a 2D rerolled block. And he retaliated by dodging onto the ball, picking it up, dodging away, sprinting for the endzone, making his GFI, and scoring. Didn't even need a reroll. 1-0.

With two turns left to score, Des made a valiant effort, but orcs are not built for two-turners. I knocked down his troll to prevent a goblin-throw TD, and thankfully avoided suffering any more injuries.

Bishi Bashi Special 0 - 1 Lucky Lycanthropes

An excellent game! One which I really did not deserve to win, to be honest. Des had poor luck with his blocks all game long, and the second half was just an endless series of calamities for Des, and madcap stunts from me that all found favor in Nuffle's eyes. He was an extremely pleasant opponent, and very gracious.

Wolfenswan
19-08-2012, 11:20 PM
Oi!

There's a bug in the DoD Spreadsheet for Fixtures & Results, Division I: Sketchseven appears two times where it should be Cacamas instead. This results in some funny stuff on the Table page as well.

chadsexington
20-08-2012, 12:26 AM
My norse leveled a lino who already has +1 ST. Haven't rolled yet, but assuming that he doesn't get a stat-up, what general skill should I take? I was thinking frenzy to make him fit with the rest of the frenzy'ing team.

Thoughts?

Squiz
20-08-2012, 07:05 AM
Tackle maybe? Frenzy seems alright as well.

Zoraster
20-08-2012, 08:36 AM
Jarvis/Janek; have you guys agreed on an admin result for your game eaten by Cyanide?

Bunch of games validated and divisions rolled where possible.

Zoraster
20-08-2012, 08:52 AM
My norse leveled a lino who already has +1 ST. Haven't rolled yet, but assuming that he doesn't get a stat-up, what general skill should I take? I was thinking frenzy to make him fit with the rest of the frenzy'ing team.

Thoughts?

No (other) lino doubles yet so avoid frenzy like the plague. Until you've got enough guard and/or fend linos to allow you to properly support your ST access frenzy players it is suicidal to add more. You need to be able to defuse frenzy traps first. For the record I wouldn't have considered taking the strength on that lineman. You'd have got far more value out of guard letting your ST access players do their thing.

Not sure what your best option is at this point. 110k is a hell of a lot of TV for what will be a pretty lightweight player no matter what option you take. You badly need fend on your lineman but with that huge TV bloat invested in the strength it will be a bit of a waste reducing him to support player... maybe give him frenzy and use him as a proxy Ulf for the next few games while you are getting the TDs to get Block on them then sack him. Unless he rolls further doubles or stats he has no prospect of pulling his weight in TV.

ntw
20-08-2012, 09:22 AM
Oi!

There's a bug in the DoD Spreadsheet for Fixtures & Results, Division I: Sketchseven appears two times where it should be Cacamas instead. This results in some funny stuff on the Table page as well.

Looks like someone fixed it...

Zoraster
20-08-2012, 09:30 AM
Looks like someone fixed it...

Didn't you fix it a week ago? If it has managed to both break and fix again in the interim it adds further weight to my Sketch is a Gremlin theory.

Everblue
20-08-2012, 09:55 AM

Thanks very much.

(I have a third player with block! Praise be!)

laneford
20-08-2012, 09:57 AM
Myself and Grinn are hoping to play our champs match ASAP. (he's currently moving house) we may need a day or two extension if possible. (but we may not)

desvergeh
20-08-2012, 10:03 AM
An excellent game! One which I really did not deserve to win, to be honest. Des had poor luck with his blocks all game long, and the second half was just an endless series of calamities for Des, and madcap stunts from me that all found favor in Nuffle's eyes. He was an extremely pleasant opponent, and very gracious.

Congrats on the win.

Truth of the matter is that I got overconfident. In the 2nd half with more players on the pitch (with both your WWs and a FG off) I became confident in my ability to score, hence going for the hand-off to get SPPs where I needed them. Obviously Nuffle laughs at confidence!

My wife used to refer to Blood Bowl as "that game where I swear a lot!" But I've been playing some friendlies with a vamp team, which is certainly helping me more graciously accept Nuffle's fickle nature.

Good game... will get you next time...

ntw
20-08-2012, 10:21 AM
Didn't you fix it a week ago? If it has managed to both break and fix again in the interim it adds further weight to my Sketch is a Gremlin theory.

I thought I had, but Wolf's post was only from late last week, leading me to believe that it may be SketchGremlin up to his tricks again...

;)

sketchseven
20-08-2012, 12:27 PM

Not sure if I like the reputation I'm getting here.

Jarvis
20-08-2012, 01:10 PM
Jarvis/Janek; have you guys agreed on an admin result for your game eaten by Cyanide?

0-2 to Janek please, we did finish the game with that score I just had my blokes resurected by cyanide.

chadsexington
20-08-2012, 02:36 PM
For the record I wouldn't have considered taking the strength on that lineman. You'd have got far more value out of guard letting your ST access players do their thing.

Really, you'd pass up a strength increase?

Alistair Hutton
20-08-2012, 02:47 PM

Yeah, this isn't the artificial MM environment where every point of TV is critical, a Strength 4 piece with block and Agility 3 is pretty sweet no matter how you look at it.

Screwie
20-08-2012, 03:00 PM
If you don't get a double, I'd grab take Tackle or Strip Ball and use him as a defensive blitzer ST4 is gives you a solid advantage against almost any runner.

If you do get that double, Guard and a place in the LoS for sure. Then grab Fend next.

potatoedoughnut
20-08-2012, 04:14 PM
Norse don't really suffer from a lot of TV bloat as their players are pretty inexpensive to begin with.

I'd go with tackle on a regular skill or guard on doubles.

smaug81
20-08-2012, 05:47 PM
It seems Nuffle has decided to be gracious in recompense for my loss against Hutton. Not only did my Beast get MVP and finally get his first skill, he also rolled doubles (snake eyes, to be precise)! So he now has Block. Wooooo. :D

Of course, this means I still have no Guard at all. . .

20phoenix
20-08-2012, 05:55 PM
It seems Nuffle has decided to be gracious in recompense for my loss against Hutton. Not only did my Beast get MVP and finally get his first skill, he also rolled doubles (snake eyes, to be precise)! So he now has Block. Wooooo. :D

Of course, this means I still have no Guard at all. . .

My poor rats :(

cyberpunkdreams
20-08-2012, 05:56 PM
So he now has Block. Wooooo. :D

I think pro's better than block for big guys. It's only a slightly worse chance of a turnover on a block (~18% without anything, ~10% with pro, ~6% with block), and you get to reroll really stupid without wasting a TRR. Of course, it doesn't help if he gets blocked himself...

Jolima
20-08-2012, 06:04 PM
I thought I had, but Wolf's post was only from late last week, leading me to believe that it may be SketchGremlin up to his tricks again...

;)

I'm the gremlin this time. I fixed it this morning (by adding a missing NOEXPAND), but forgot to say so here.

El Cubo
20-08-2012, 06:13 PM
I've got three players injured with mng, and my TV dropped by 450k. The Gladiators' total value is already 1800! When did they get so big? My boys are all grown up...

laneford
20-08-2012, 06:17 PM
Championship - Rejected RPG Stats (Nur - laneford) 2 - 0 Rok Ard Nobz (Orc - grinn)

Match report to follow, but needless to say it was bloody stuff out there. My claw edged the day in the injury count, and grinns orcs seemed determined to fail all easy dodges and gfis (but make the tricky ones) in an attritional victory for the nurglers.

The championship can be moved on to week 2 now, where it appears I am up against the ridiculelves. :|

El Cubo
20-08-2012, 06:24 PM
I think pro's better than block for big guys. It's only a slightly worse chance of a turnover on a block (~18% without anything, ~10% with pro, ~6% with block), and you get to reroll really stupid without wasting a TRR. Of course, it doesn't help if he gets blocked himself...

For a road block like the beast, block is good. It's important to keep him upright and he's often most useful when he's just standing still.

smaug81
20-08-2012, 07:19 PM
For a road block like the beast, block is good. It's important to keep him upright and he's often most useful when he's just standing still.

Exactly my thinking. His job is to stand around being incredibly inconvenient. The more he stays upright, the more use I get out of tentacles and, eventually, guard. Being able to reroll RS is handy, certainly, but ideally he shouldn't often need to do much more than stand where I put him.

Zoraster
20-08-2012, 08:22 PM
Norse don't really suffer from a lot of TV bloat as their players are pretty inexpensive to begin with.

The minimum viable long term Norse roster has a very high base cost for a non-finesse team (1300), and every single bit of TV has to pull its weight for the team to survive in a developed competition. Norse linemen are cheap but the positionals are not while the AV7 basher style dictates that lino value has to be cashed in in the form of bench depth. Once you are coming up against mighty blow on a regular basis you need 14 as a minimum, with MNGs probably meaning you routinely carry 15/16 players. Throw in the immense value of babes in a Norse match and you’ve got a team in desperate need of sharp TV management. There is a reason a small section of Norse coaches keep saying things like never take Throwers as they are TV bloat you can’t afford.

Zoraster
20-08-2012, 08:25 PM

Trawl the internet and you’ll find the overwhelming majority will be in full agreement with you and the folk who commented above. However you’ll also find the overwhelming majority tell you Norse are not a viable team once you reach mid-TV and certainly can’t survive in high-TV environments. This is demonstrably false. BB groupthink is pretty stupid in general but where Norse are concerned it is positively imbecilic.

Norse are average in all areas bar below average armour. They have one edge; a head-start in bash development. They need to maintain this edge if they want to achieve more than bully rookie teams before retiring. Every skill needs to be focussed. A lino has no strength access so will never be more than a support player without a remarkably lucky set of skill rolls. Guard makes him immensely useful, dramatically increasing the potential of your strength access players and the dauntless Runners. +ST really doesn’t bring anything to the table.

Everblue
20-08-2012, 08:27 PM
The minimum viable long term Norse roster has a very high base cost for a non-finesse team (1300), and every single bit of TV has to pull its weight for the team to survive in a developed competition. Norse linemen are cheap but the positionals are not while the AV7 basher style dictates that lino value has to be cashed in in the form of bench depth. Once you are coming up against mighty blow on a regular basis you need 14 as a minimum, with MNGs probably meaning you routinely carry 15/16 players. Throw in the immense value of babes in a Norse match and you’ve got a team in desperate need of sharp TV management. There is a reason a small section of Norse coaches keep saying things like never take Throwers as they are TV bloat you can’t afford.

I love your posts Zoraster.

You either know a fuck of a lot about Blood Bowl, or you are a bullshitter of the very first rank (that is a compliment!). Either way it's brilliant. More please.

NieA7
20-08-2012, 08:33 PM
I like to picture Zoraster as a mustachioed professor lecturing a load of slack-jawed students. They may not agree with him now, but deep down they all suspect they'll be better for having listened.

Actually I recently got a double 6 on a zombie for my Necro team. While concerned about my TV (which is insanely high, I've given away inducements in my last two matches despite being a lvl 4 wolf down in each) a St4 zombie just felt like a better bet than a guard zombie, though mainly because being so slow and unagile it's much easier to man-mark with them than move them around for support.

Alistair Hutton
20-08-2012, 08:49 PM
I now have exactly 1,000,000 GPs in the bank. Ridiculous.

President Weasel
20-08-2012, 09:03 PM
I love your posts Zoraster.

You either know a fuck of a lot about Blood Bowl, or you are a bullshitter of the very first rank (that is a compliment!). Either way it's brilliant. More please.

Well speaking from a good few seasons of experience, he either knows a metric fuckton about Blood Bowl or he's very, very, very lucky. William of Ockham says he's got the knowing of things.

Heliocentric
20-08-2012, 09:26 PM
I am going to play my remaining matches... Getting wrestle on a zombie reminded me why i wanted to play them in the first place, maybe I can still make good on this.