PDA

View Full Version : RPS Blood Bowl League - The many, many Divisions of Death!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34

Heliocentric
09-09-2012, 11:45 PM
The Pharaowners have made their point - start performing as a coach, or become a player.[/I]
Other recruitment agencies exist.How anyone would manage to slow those bastards down is beyond me, so I salute you for that. The Int'He fellas had a good run this season, from a newbie Necro side with no skills and short a werewolf and a rematch against the player that claimed the Werewolf's scalp I was sure this season would be a horrible. But then after a punishing 3 - 0 loss in my first game I received a single level up on a zombie. I took it as an omen.

I took Necros because I thought they were the best team for my interest of murdering and parading the corpses of famous players. Wrestle zombies are key in that. They get the player lying down so I can stamp on it. Probably with a dirty git guy who is dedicated to the murder job. But honestly, any player can foul, its dragging those blodge, sidestep, ST4, AG5, fend guard leap elves to the ground that makes my plan plausible.

So I might not win as many matches as my peers? At least I'll have the their players.

Nullkigan
09-09-2012, 11:57 PM
I did go for a quick TD but fumbling every attempted pass scuppered me. If anything I should have held on for another turn or two in the first half and finished locking down your backfield so I could score safely even with a fumble. That said, I know I currently have a problem with overcommitting behind enemy lines with my fightiest players. The Leap, Sidestep and high agility demand I do so! I can easily get a couple of players to the touchline because they're so good, but at the same time it means I don't have them sweeping a route for the ball carrier. Maybe it's time to get Hail Mary.

Injuring the wolf was a fortunate accident. I was trying to pressure your faster players to reduce the speed disadvantage I had. I couldn't outfight the Wight/Golem/Wolf/Str4 Zom combo for long, and the Wights/Wolfs/Ghouls were numerous enough to put pressure on a running game. I tried to wrestle for a while, hoping to get a chance at the ball carrier, but mucked up the scrimmage (Str4 Zom hangup, incorrectly reading my chainpushes and failing to use my blitz as planned at least twice). Badly Hurts naturally followed until I decided I wasn't getting anywhere and tried to at least take someone with me. I failed.

Fortunately, no MNGs that I noticed. Still need more Strong Elves with Mighty Blow, Piling On and Jump Up.

JayTee
10-09-2012, 11:10 AM
The Magnates announce their retirement, more to follow.Nice to see my idiot Khemri made it onto the Frequent Foes list, and our 1-1-1 results leaves a nice symmetry :)

Screwie
10-09-2012, 11:16 AM
http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr151/Jiiiiim/History.png

Next up: maybe someone killier

I always enjoy Jiiim's match reports, but this is spectacular.

sketchseven
10-09-2012, 12:10 PM
When gang-fouling (out of pure hypothetical interest) do the assists get applied to both the armour and injury rolls?

ChainsawHands
10-09-2012, 12:16 PM
Just the armour roll - page 23 of the rules.

Screwie
10-09-2012, 12:18 PM
Just for the armour rolls. Dirty Player is the only thingie in the game that improves injury rolls for fouls, if I recall right.

Heliocentric
10-09-2012, 01:16 PM
Dirty Player is the only thingie in the game that improves injury rolls for fouls, if I recall right.And stunty! Thick skull also matters too.

Everblue
10-09-2012, 01:26 PM
Is a niggling injury a thingie? If so, then fouling a niggled stunty with dirty player is a casualty on a 7+ is it not?

Screwie
10-09-2012, 01:31 PM
A thingie it is. Although I was just looking at the fouler's side of things (or thingies).

Everblue
10-09-2012, 02:03 PM
I remember when dirty player was +2 armour roll and +2 injury roll, claw was +2 injury roll, and a natural or modified 12 on the injury roll was death.

My friend had a gutter runner with dirty player and claw - basically every time one of my players got knocked over, he died.

Heliocentric
10-09-2012, 02:21 PM
Is a niggling injury a thingie? If so, then fouling a niggled stunty with dirty player is a casualty on a 7+ is it not?
You are not limited to one niggling injury either.

Everblue
10-09-2012, 02:36 PM
I love it when my opponent's players have niggling injuries.

Dentharial
10-09-2012, 03:17 PM
I want to add to the applause for that final team recap for the Monopole Magnates. Is all that data taken straight out of the game, or were you keeping a record somewhere?

Because now I want to do that when I next reboot (hopefully still many seasons away from that, though).

Jiiiiim
10-09-2012, 06:35 PM
Most of that data is readily accessible - the thing about Legendary that bugs me is it doesn't keep track of your past players anywhere (unlike fumbbl where you can look back at the glory days god I miss that pair of AG5 players (http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=pastplayers&team_id=703363)). Fortunately in the Magnates case, I'm ridiculously invested in them so I remembered all the names of my old players.

Nice to see my idiot Khemri made it onto the Frequent Foes list, and our 1-1-1 results leaves a nice symmetry :)

I am still bitter about that draw >_>

cyberpunkdreams
10-09-2012, 06:37 PM
Most of that data is readily accessible - the thing about Legendary that bugs me is it doesn't keep track of your past players anywhere (unlike fumbbl where you can look back at the glory days god I miss that pair of AG5 players (http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=pastplayers&team_id=703363)). Fortunately in the Magnates case, I'm ridiculously invested in them so I remembered all the names of my old players.

I hope they're going to be moved into the Challenge, so us lowly Tier 4 (soon to be Tier 5... *sob*) coaches, who could only dream of being beaten by the Magnates can take a few pot shots at them.

laneford
10-09-2012, 06:41 PM
I hope they're going to be moved into the Challenge, so us lowly Tier 4 (soon to be Tier 5... *sob*) coaches, who could only dream of being beaten by the Magnates can take a few pot shots at them.

I think I left some of them alive for you to play with.

Jiiiiim
10-09-2012, 06:44 PM
Yeah it should be noted that Laneford meted out eleven casualties in that final game. Two deaths, one retirement-forcing injury and a bunch of MNGs.

On the other hand I might be able to slot them into the Open now, they might be below the cutoff.

Screwie
11-09-2012, 10:32 AM
Beauty and the Beast (WElf, Prester John) vs Dread Pool (DElf, me)

Going into this match Prester John's wood elves were recovering from some serious hurt, so I outnumbered them and my plan was to put some of them down in order to keep it that way. He had some mean catchers but only one active wardancer and one thrower, so taking either/both of those players out would be key. However Prester John spent his 440k inducements on Eldril Sidewinder and two extra apothecaries, it suddenly didn't look so simple...

The first half was a bloody drawn out affair. I lost the toss but John elected to kick, so I hunkered down with a grinding push up the pitch as he tried to squeeze my into the sidelines. There were some KOs but the only notable casualties were the wood elf thrower taking a BH (yes!) and one of my runners taking the same (no!!).

Once I was within a sprint of the end zone, I made a break for it, assuming I could outrun prone wood elves - I was only partly right. John blitzed my ball carrier (a blitzer with Tackle and Dump-Off) with his most evil catcher (Dauntless and Wrestle!) and knocked him down, but not before I sent the ball flying to a vacant square with a small amount of spite. Annoyingly, John's catcher made the 3 GFIs needed to pick up the ball and then picked up his other players, bringing them as close as possible to cover him. It wasn't quite far enough. My blitzer blitzed, tackling the catcher, retrieving the ball and crossing the line with 2 GFIs.

I was in the lead, with 2 turns left in the half!

...John's wood elves equalised before half time. Bloody elves.

Not much to say on this one, I overcommitted when John's wardancer failed to pick up the ball, and then she danced away and handed it off for a pass to a waiting catcher. Silly mistake on my part - especially since the blitzer I pushed through the lines to fight the wardancer was my Pass Blocker.

The second half, sadly I don't remember much of... My assassin finally stabbed someone properly (he figured out he should be poking them with the sharp end), that omnipresent wardancer took a -1AV injury that the apothecaries saved, and I foudn that defending deep in your own half actually works out pretty nicely.

I think the winning touchdown came by capitalising on one of those crucial win-or-lose passes that didn't quite make it. Bloody elves. Oh, wait-

Final score: 2 - 1 to Dread Pool.

Yay elves!

Injuries:
Nothing really of note. Both sides took a couple of BHs but nothing that will stick.

Awards:
By virtue of being everywhere and involved in everything, Prester's wardancer earned a lot of SPPs and rightly earned a level.
Meanwhile, my witch elf and my Dump-Off blitzer both gained a level. Side Step and Dodge respectively, unless I roll doubles. Also the MVP went to another blitzer who is now just 1 SPP away form his next level.

desvergeh
11-09-2012, 10:46 AM
Division D - Bishi Bashi Speshal vs Da Blu Moonz.

The final match in DivD saw two orc teams squaring off to determine which one would lie at the bottom of the division.

At first it seemed the match was going to be a slow, pounding slog, but the fickle nature of Nuffle turned in favour of the Speshal, and casualties started to mount up for Da Blu Moonz. Soon their numbers were low enough to allow BBS to execute risky offensive plays, scoring a total of 3 TDs (a new record for BBS I think) by the end of the match.

Final Score 3-0 to Bishi Bashi Speshal.

Everblue
11-09-2012, 12:03 PM
I'm going to put my money where my mouth is and reboot to goblins next season. I'll update the spreadsheet when I get home.

ntw
11-09-2012, 07:44 PM
Apologies guys, I have had the worst week ever. Gonna have to forfeit my last match and may not be around next season either.

:(

Squiz
11-09-2012, 08:19 PM
Depending on when the next season starts, I may also have to sit out for a while. I am having internet connection troubles at the moment which probably won't go away until the end of the month, so I'd rather not waste anybody's time with matches that I have to concede halfway through because of random disconnects.

groovychainsaw
11-09-2012, 09:34 PM
No worries ntw, you of all people don't need to apologise. Hope everything is okay with you and family and you get yourself back to us uneventfully.

President Weasel
11-09-2012, 09:38 PM
Apologies guys, I have had the worst week ever. Gonna have to forfeit my last match and may not be around next season either.

:(

Hope everything's all right with you, ntw.

Heliocentric
11-09-2012, 10:03 PM
Hope everything's all right with you, ntw.Indeed, or if it is crap that it gets better.

darkweeble
12-09-2012, 07:53 PM
Hope to see you again soon, ntw! We'll keep a spot warm for you.

sketchseven
12-09-2012, 09:15 PM
No worries ntw, you of all people don't need to apologise. Hope everything is okay with you and family and you get yourself back to us uneventfully.

Seconded on all of that.

Kapouille
14-09-2012, 12:59 PM
Get back soon ntw, all the best.

potatoedoughnut
14-09-2012, 04:34 PM
I've been quite busy recently and not following as closely as usual: has the next season admin stuff gotten under way. The spreadsheet says D3 should have ended last weekend, but my quick skim hasn't revealed any promotion/demotion bits and the spreadsheet hasn't been updated with next season info.

Everblue
14-09-2012, 07:20 PM
The season should have ended last weekend. Ntw has been afk for personal reasons, a rather harrassed-sounding Groovy tells me that he's been at his PC for about an hour this week in total, and so as far as I know none of the end of season admin work has been started.

I mentioned to Groovy that I'm very happy to help out however I can - if people are ok with me being admin then I'm happy to do that. Basically I have just quit playing Starcraft 2, and so have time during the day and in the evenings to do stuff. I have been enjoying the league, and appreciate that it takes a lot of work to keep it going. I'd be very willing to contribute to that if needed.

Heliocentric
14-09-2012, 07:51 PM
Everblue is hungry for power! He will not be stopped, he will not be contained!

cyberpunkdreams
14-09-2012, 08:52 PM

If there's anyone to make this kind of comment, it's Helio ;p

Everblue
14-09-2012, 09:26 PM
om nom nom

The Brain
14-09-2012, 09:41 PM
I for one welcome our new blue overlord.

http://youtu.be/Du0d8QxlSYk

Dog Pants
15-09-2012, 02:00 AM
Everblue, could you validate Div H please? :)

Everblue
15-09-2012, 08:29 AM
I'm not an admin! I've volunteered to be one, which is as far as things have gone right now.

Dog Pants
15-09-2012, 08:51 AM
I probably didn't emphasise the smiley enough, I was joking. Div H does need validating though, but given how long it took me to play two of my games I'm in no position to criticise.

EDIT: No it doesn't. Thanks whoever validated it!

Dog Pants
15-09-2012, 08:52 AM
**Dual post. Damn you Firefox.**

Heliocentric
15-09-2012, 09:43 AM
If there's anyone to make this kind of comment, it's Helio ;p

What's that meant to mean?
*mumbles*-first against the wall.

Jolima
15-09-2012, 09:45 AM
We still have some unplayed matches:

ChainsawHands vs Grinn in the champs, which decides whether Grinn or Laneford gets to stay up there next season.
Sollitus vs Eard in div M, which affects most of the placement in that division. With dropouts above it, that probably won't matter much in the end though.

I'll be defaulting and validating matches, promoting Everblue to deputy comissioner and trying to sort everyone into tiers on Sunday. Unless there are any complaints before then. That should pave the way for Groovy to do another draw. In the meanwhile, please make sure that your Next Season column is updated with a Z if you're skipping next season or R# if you're rebooting with a new team.

I also ran into some oddity with the result calculations where the spreadsheet ended up calculating 1 + 0 = 0 but SUM(1,0)=1. (I think the sheet really is taking on Cthulhu-esque proportions.) I changed that in the only cell where I knew it was wrong (T65) and maybe it should be spread to the other similar ones as well. For now, please check that your results are correct on the Table sheet.

Zoraster
15-09-2012, 09:48 AM
We still have some unplayed matches:

ChainsawHands vs Grinn in the champs, which decides whether Grinn or Laneford gets to stay up there next season.

That is a dead rubber too Jol. Laneford beat Grinn so he will stay up on the tie break even if Grinn went level with him by winning that final game.

20phoenix
15-09-2012, 10:30 AM

Disturbingly, I read that and it triggered off memories of the weird water boss in Violet Hold on World of Warcraft. I will not be contained!!!

Everblue
15-09-2012, 10:31 AM
Ichoron? Or something?

President Weasel
15-09-2012, 10:34 AM
I'd be happy to help admin the Divisions, if you need another warm body.

groovychainsaw
15-09-2012, 01:01 PM
Yes! More admins! You will be adminn'ed in :-). And also, season has ended (6 days ago?!)! I'll wrap up the final few matches today/tomorrow morning and try to sort out the sheet for tomorrow, with the aim being a live draw tomorrow night. Apologies for being AWOL this week, just been one of those weeks, really.

ChainsawHands
15-09-2012, 01:45 PM
Sorry, Grinn and I could only do Thursday night and then something kind of came up that meant I couldn't, so... eh, well, at least it doesn't affect the result.

Kajo
15-09-2012, 04:51 PM
I'm returning (not rebooting) it's ok to have a lowercase "r"?

Jolima
15-09-2012, 06:38 PM
I've sorted out the Next Season Tier column now in a more or less sensible fashion. Get your complaints in if something looks unfair.

There is one category of "4,5" which I figure could be drawn for either the remaining slots in 4 or for division 5.

(I hope you don't mind, groovy.)

Heliocentric
15-09-2012, 07:03 PM
Tier 2? Jeez, thank god most of the team have regeneration, think I'll be needing it.

20phoenix
16-09-2012, 01:28 AM
Awww first relegation :(

smaug81
16-09-2012, 04:44 AM

I'm actually kind of curious how that happened. Near as I can tell, everything was so even that it should have come down to CAS-TD difference to decide between us, but I can't find a way to look up full season stats for both of our teams, so I don't know what the results of that would be.

Not that I doubt it was tabulated properly or anything, I just wonder what the final determining factor was.

Dentharial
16-09-2012, 07:05 AM

Same for me.

Don't look at it as a demotion! Look at it as an opportunity to harvest SPPs from the limbs of weaker fodder in order to fuel your warmachine of death in its campaign to win the divisions by forcing everyone else to reboot because they don't have any players left to actually field a team.

Or, ya know, whatever works for you.

P.S. Hi Tier 3! I enjoy long walks on the beach, candlelit dinners, and chatting with Helio on Steamchat for tactical advice.

20phoenix
16-09-2012, 09:31 AM
I was expecting it in honesty. I think Skaven are always going to come out the wrong end of any TD-CAS decider at least until they're fully developed. Rats drop like flies without protection skills and it would be very difficult to keep up a scoring rate to help combat that.

I'd been over promoted anyway - got to Tier 2 without ever winning a division!!

Jolima
16-09-2012, 10:40 AM
I'm actually kind of curious how that happened. Near as I can tell, everything was so even that it should have come down to CAS-TD difference to decide between us, but I can't find a way to look up full season stats for both of our teams, so I don't know what the results of that would be.

Not that I doubt it was tabulated properly or anything, I just wonder what the final determining factor was.

If I counted it right phoenix got 4 goals and 5 casualties - 6 goals and 7 casualties = -4 while Smaug got 2 goals and 5 injuries - 4 goals and 4 injuries = -1. You can see this by going to a division, select Teams -> the team you want to check -> View Team -> Match Record Chart -> Season.

Heliocentric
16-09-2012, 11:00 AM
and chatting with Helio on Steamchat for tactical advice.
Tactical? Bro- its 'strategic'.
"Gang foul the guy with +AG if he rage quits you win! '

I'd been over promoted anyway - got to Tier 2 without ever winning a division!!

See if you can continue your rise of mediocrity to tier 1 next time.

Prester John
16-09-2012, 12:27 PM
AV Injuries on Woodies

So i have a bunch of injured woodies, 4 of them with -av, what should i do with them. Previously i've thought that -av doesn't matter so much and just wait til they get killed, but thats not happened and on the back of a bad game ive now got more than i'm comfortable with. I've onyl 100K in the bank.

Players are from memory
wardancer, lvl 1
thrower lvl 2 (safehands)
lineman lvl 2 (+1 agil)
lineman lvl 2 (wrestle)

any thoughts?

mrpier
16-09-2012, 12:52 PM
I think I would replace the wardancer as soon as I could afford it.

President Weasel
16-09-2012, 12:56 PM
you want to keep the wardancers long term, so you don't want a level 1 one that's already carrying a stat minus. Get rid and get a new one, before you have to get rid of a developed one.
Keep the +agi lineman as a kickoff return man not on the line of scrimmage?
Get rid of the rest.

Zoraster
16-09-2012, 01:28 PM
I was expecting it in honesty. I think Skaven are always going to come out the wrong end of any TD-CAS decider at least until they're fully developed.

Well I just suffered my first ever relegation in a three way tie with two Skaven teams so you may want to reassess that ‘always’ boss :) Admittedly I’m playing ‘flings who really do always come on the wrong end but in general Rats are not that bad. Sure they suffer more on the CAS front but they are nearly always going to have a big edge in the TD stakes. Well providing you are not one of those weird Skaven coaches who think offensive drives begin with the ball being kicked to you :) Scoreboard and clock pressure are the best form of protection rats have.

smaug81
16-09-2012, 03:01 PM
If I counted it right phoenix got 4 goals and 5 casualties - 6 goals and 7 casualties = -4 while Smaug got 2 goals and 5 injuries - 4 goals and 4 injuries = -1. You can see this by going to a division, select Teams -> the team you want to check -> View Team -> Match Record Chart -> Season.

Thanks for that. Interesting to know what the difference came down to. I'll have to take a look again at the Season stats in game. . . I swear I've tried to look there before, and the Season stats are always blank.

20phoenix
16-09-2012, 04:00 PM
Well I just suffered my first ever relegation in a three way tie with two Skaven teams so you may want to reassess that ‘always’ boss :) Admittedly I’m playing ‘flings who really do always come on the wrong end but in general Rats are not that bad. Sure they suffer more on the CAS front but they are nearly always going to have a big edge in the TD stakes. Well providing you are not one of those weird Skaven coaches who think offensive drives begin with the ball being kicked to you :) Scoreboard and clock pressure are the best form of protection rats have.

Ok so stunty teams will have it tougher :) - I think the point I made is valid though. Until you have a rat ogre to help with the casualty toll and/or stormvermin with some combo of MB/claw you really don't rack up too many casualties as most of the game involves running away from fights. This means scoring about 3-4 TDs a game to keep up with the opposition unless you pinch a few lucky casualties. With developed side this is much easier but tough early in the teams development (I'm currently at 1480 and still been unable to get the ogre)

Eard
16-09-2012, 04:18 PM
Sollitus and I going to try to get our (extremely late) last match in later today. After that I better bow out again for at least a season, who knew trying to get a house prepped for sale would take so much time :3

groovychainsaw
16-09-2012, 05:14 PM
Btw, I think the sheet was broken due to a sort at some point. I haven't figured out what's wrong yet, but the results on the sheet aren't matching up with the results in game. I'm trying to work around it right now. Please don't use sorts on the sheet unless you're sorting all the hidden fields chaps?

/Edit, this means I'll heave to trust the tiering put in by Jolima, as I'm not prepared to enter all the results by hand this evening.... which I'm fine with, I might add (thanks Jolima for sorting the tiers out!) but if anyone spots something amiss, let me know! Given this situation I'm going to hold off doing the live draw until tomorrow night (to give people a chance to raise any objections), so it will be held at 8pm tomorrow.

Heliocentric
16-09-2012, 05:34 PM
"Use the sheet" , "don't use the sheet" , "rub my belly", "pat my head"... Gosh you are needy!

groovychainsaw
16-09-2012, 05:38 PM
That was a nice belly rub i got from you the other night helio, I meant to thank you for that.

Heliocentric
16-09-2012, 06:49 PM
That was a nice belly rub i got from you the other night helio, I meant to thank you for that.

Just remember that when you do the draw. I want squishy opponent, now I have a few wrestlers you can include block heavy teams like norse and amazon. No undead though, can't recruit them. /footnote, I discovered in the stunty league that rotters are valid recruits despite the rules saying otherwise.

smaug81
17-09-2012, 01:47 PM
Btw, I think the sheet was broken due to a sort at some point. I haven't figured out what's wrong yet, but the results on the sheet aren't matching up with the results in game.

Yeah, the results are definitely all kinds of messed up now. So far as I could see at the time, though, everything looked correct when Jolima did the tiering a day or two ago, and the tiers don't appear to have changed. At least for Div. B!

groovychainsaw
17-09-2012, 02:13 PM
Gah, work strikes back again and I won't be around for the next 2 nights to do the draw. I can offer the draw can being done manually during the day today (ie Not Live) or will have to be postponed until weds night (or done by someone else in the meantime - it's pretty straightforward?)

cyberpunkdreams
17-09-2012, 02:22 PM
Yeah, the results are definitely all kinds of messed up now. So far as I could see at the time, though, everything looked correct when Jolima did the tiering a day or two ago, and the tiers don't appear to have changed. At least for Div. B!

Why does someone not just use Docs' revision history to revert to the last working version?

Screwie
17-09-2012, 02:24 PM
Gah, work strikes back again and I won't be around for the next 2 nights to do the draw. I can offer the draw can being done manually during the day today (ie Not Live) or will have to be postponed until weds night (or done by someone else in the meantime - it's pretty straightforward?)

Well I can offer my services... I am free tonight (from 8pm) and would be happy to host a live draw in the group chat.

In the interest of fairness if someone else could draw my tier (2) and I'll do the rest, that would be even better.

President Weasel
17-09-2012, 03:42 PM
I am pretty sure I am in tier 2 anyway, plus I'll be at the swimming. Let's just trust you, Screwie.

groovychainsaw
17-09-2012, 03:55 PM
I'll trust you too, Screwie. I've sent some instructions as to how the magic happens ;-). Looks like the draw will be happening 8pm tonight after all! Good luck guys! I look forward to finding my place tomorrow! (please don't make a mess while I'm away!)

cyberpunkdreams
17-09-2012, 03:56 PM
(please don't make a mess while I'm away!)

*Cracks open crowbar, paint and blender*

20phoenix
17-09-2012, 07:59 PM
*Cracks open crowbar, paint and blender*

And hands all three to a three year old child. Whats the worst that can happen?

sketchseven
17-09-2012, 08:26 PM
Things we have learned from this evening's draw:

a) Screwie can't count.

b) Xenny and cybperpunkdreams have to play each other at some point. That will be interesting. CPD may find himself sleeping on the sofa if he so much as goes near one of Xenny's players.

c) Screwie really can't count.

Heliocentric
17-09-2012, 08:26 PM
And hands all three to a three year old child. Whats the worst that can happen?

I don't know what the worst is but the best thing is the 3 year old starts cos playing halflife in a painted clothes HEV suit... The blender is probably best ignored.

President Weasel
17-09-2012, 10:09 PM
I played Jarvis the season just gone; any chance of him or me being swapped into a different division for variety's sake?

cyberpunkdreams
18-09-2012, 01:37 AM
The blender is probably best ignored.

I was trying to make think of a witty remark referencing both HalfLife and Balls2That, but I failed. The crowbar reference was deliberate and hard to spot though... I was just wondering who'd say something first ;).

cyberpunkdreams
18-09-2012, 01:39 AM
b) Xenny and cybperpunkdreams have to play each other at some point. That will be interesting. CPD may find himself sleeping on the sofa if he so much as goes near one of Xenny's players.

This is going to pose a problem. Apart from the aforementioned, Xenny always plays on my machine, as it's the only one she has access to that can handle the might of BB. If we can be moved into different divs that would be appreciated, otherwise it's a 1-1 default.

El Cubo
18-09-2012, 06:30 AM
This is going to pose a problem. Apart from the aforementioned, Xenny always plays on my machine, as it's the only one she has access to that can handle the might of BB. If we can be moved into different divs that would be appreciated, otherwise it's a 1-1 default.

You (or Xenny) could always hire an assistant coach to handle the match for you ;)

Heliocentric
18-09-2012, 09:16 AM
If you want to hire someone dedicated to seeing that Yheetee retired/dead/undead then I'm ready and willing.

Screwie
18-09-2012, 09:36 AM
Okay then.

I randomly chose between cyberpunkdreams and Xenny to swap with another random person in their tier. The spreadsheet's been updated (but not yet resorted). Also, I put a note on the spreadsheet regarding cyberpunkdreams and Xenny's situation, which I'm surprised hasn't come up before!

@PresidentWeasel, I would say live with it - it's only one opponent of three and trying to swap things around may just as easily create the same situation for someone else. Sorry!

President Weasel
18-09-2012, 09:54 AM
Fair enough!

Heliocentric
18-09-2012, 10:07 AM
I have deeky again too, call its a grudge match.

groovychainsaw
18-09-2012, 10:11 AM
More importantly, you have meeeeeee in your first match. It'll be interesting to see how many fouls I'm on the receiving end of ;-).

/Edit - and, yeah, playing one person the same again is going to happen a fair number of times and it's a lot of effort to actively avoid that. 2 people the same would be different, and I'd try to reshuffle people, but one person the same is just an opportunity to carry a grudge over from last season ;-)

ChainsawHands
18-09-2012, 11:01 AM
Undead, nurgle and other nurgle. Looks like my elfs'll be doing a lot of running away this season...

groovychainsaw
18-09-2012, 02:05 PM
BTW, I don't think anyone needs a reminder these days, but if not GET YOUR APPLICATIONS IN ASAP! We'll try to kick off the new season by the weekend once we've got everyone. Stragglers, as always will be threatened with expulsion, we(I)'ve already taken too long getting this next season going :-).

ChainsawHands
18-09-2012, 02:10 PM
Stragglers, as always will be threatened with expulsionExpulsion? You spelled "chemical castration by means of acid-covered bricks" wrong.

Wolfenswan
18-09-2012, 02:50 PM
I'll be back on my desktop PC tomorrow or the day after so there might be a slight delay for my application.

mrpier
18-09-2012, 02:58 PM
I'm moving house this weekend, I don't think I'll be internet-less for long, but no guarantees. I'll get my application in tonight.

ntw
18-09-2012, 03:03 PM
"Z1"-ed myself out for next season. Z denotes missing in action and the 1 shows I'm expected to be back in one season...

Thanks guys for all your kind words, dad's funeral is this Thursday and the mother-in-law is now recovering (two entirely separate but overlapping events) so things should start falling back into place again soonish.

Everblue
18-09-2012, 03:19 PM
Sorry to hear about your father, ntw. That's awful news.

potatoedoughnut
18-09-2012, 03:22 PM
"Z1"-ed myself out for next season. Z denotes missing in action and the 1 shows I'm expected to be back in one season...

Thanks guys for all your kind words, dad's funeral is this Thursday and the mother-in-law is now recovering (two entirely separate but overlapping events) so things should start falling back into place again soonish.

My condolences ntw & I hope everything rights itself soon.

sketchseven
18-09-2012, 04:20 PM
Really sorry for your loss ntw, hope you can get things back on an even keel soon

ChainsawHands
18-09-2012, 04:25 PM
Yeah, condolences ntw, sorry for your loss.

mrpier
18-09-2012, 04:28 PM
Sorry for your loss ntw.

cyberpunkdreams
18-09-2012, 04:39 PM
I randomly chose between cyberpunkdreams and Xenny to swap with another random person in their tier. The spreadsheet's been updated (but not yet resorted). Also, I put a note on the spreadsheet regarding cyberpunkdreams and Xenny's situation, which I'm surprised hasn't come up before!

Thanks for the swap and sorry to be a pain! I'm relieved that the Bombers have once again avoided relegation, albeit, as before, simply because there is nowhere lower to drop...

For what it's worth, I never mind playing the same person again. As Helio says, grudge match. ;)

cyberpunkdreams
18-09-2012, 04:42 PM
ntw, I'm sure I'm with everyone involved in RPS Blood Bowl in offering sincere condolences. Your contribution here is huge and your spreadsheet powers have us all in awe.

ntw
18-09-2012, 04:53 PM
Once again thanks everyone, and without wanting to seem ungrateful - I'm not sure this thread is the best place for these lovely messages. I certainly didn't post the information to elicit sympathy and I feel kinda selfish almost monopolising the thread with all your kind words. :)

Can we just assume you all send your hugs and try to keep the thread (vaguely) relevant? Feel free to PM me if you'd still like to add a personal word and thanks to all those who already have.

Everblue
18-09-2012, 06:05 PM
Can I clarify what the admins' job is with the change to the new season. Am I right in thinking that:

1) Everybody applies to their new division

2) We accept applications from the top down - ie when the champs are full, we accept those applications, when tier 1 is full we accept all of tier 1 etc.

3) If we have non-respondents or no-shows, we stay the hell out of the spreadsheet while GC/Jolima move people up as necessary to fill the holes.

Is that right?

sketchseven
18-09-2012, 06:16 PM
Hmm so far attempts today to connect to the BB internets has resulted in server maintenance messages or just simply failing to find anything at all. I shall attempt to join my Division just as soon as the damn thing lets me in.

laneford
18-09-2012, 06:35 PM
Janek... now that's a name I've not heard in a long time. A long time...

Everblue
18-09-2012, 06:38 PM
Yeah, the whole server is down at the moment.

Jolima
18-09-2012, 07:02 PM
Can I clarify what the admins' job is with the change to the new season. Am I right in thinking that:

1) Everybody applies to their new division

2) We accept applications from the top down - ie when the champs are full, we accept those applications, when tier 1 is full we accept all of tier 1 etc.

3) If we have non-respondents or no-shows, we stay the hell out of the spreadsheet while GC/Jolima move people up as necessary to fill the holes.

Is that right?

Yes, except that I'm also staying away from moving any people. :)

There is a tab on the sheet for Season Status where we can keep track of how filled in the divs are and who is missing. Once the divs are filled up, they can be started. After which the fixtures must be set to match the sheet. It's usually good if another person double checks that they're really right.

ntw
18-09-2012, 07:17 PM
Yes, except that I'm also staying away from moving any people. :)

There is a tab on the sheet for Season Status where we can keep track of how filled in the divs are and who is missing. Once the divs are filled up, they can be started. After which the fixtures must be set to match the sheet. It's usually good if another person double checks that they're really right.

Yeah - try and ensure the sheet is kept up to date. And (VERY IMPORTANT) check that the cyanide fixture order has been changed to match the order of fixtures in the spreadsheet. You can do this by "seeding" the teams, basically you try and work out which 2 teams need swapping to make the fixtures work and then just swap them over. Of course due to cyanide the fixtures don't then update unless you logoff and back in again...

President Weasel
18-09-2012, 07:24 PM
Janek... now that's a name I've not heard in a long time. A long time...

It was Janek's name, if I remember right.
I suspect Janek might be back.

President Weasel
18-09-2012, 08:35 PM
I am confused; the spreadsheet shows several --s and instead of player and team names: Division 1, Division E and Division M.
Is the spreadsheet acting weirdly just for me or is something going on?

Screwie
18-09-2012, 08:43 PM
Er, Div E is because ntw withdrew his team, likewise Div M is because we only have 3 teams in Div M right now.

Jolima
18-09-2012, 09:14 PM
And 1 was because for some reason all of the formulas had lost track of the player on the first line. (Fixed.)

sketchseven
18-09-2012, 10:59 PM
Have applied to Div F which I hope is still correct.

Everblue
18-09-2012, 11:59 PM
Applied to G

President Weasel
19-09-2012, 12:16 AM
Can we promote someone from below into E, or is it just a case of auto-concede for a season?

Squiz
19-09-2012, 07:44 AM
Tried to apply yesterday, but was ambushed by a berserking gang of error messages. Will try again tonight.

LowKey
19-09-2012, 08:33 AM
Aye it wouldnt let me log on last night, will try again tonight

Screwie
19-09-2012, 09:34 AM
Can we promote someone from below into E, or is it just a case of auto-concede for a season?

I just sorted that.

Randomly selected iNinja132 to be promoted up to Div E. Then Kajo was selected to move up from Div M to fill his spot.

This leaves only two teams in Div M, maybe we'll need some filler but will see once applications start filling up.

President Weasel
19-09-2012, 10:17 AM
Great work, Screwington!

Skydancer
19-09-2012, 11:29 AM
Applied to div A.

Many feelings for ntw, also. My sincere condolences mate.

wink5000
19-09-2012, 06:28 PM
Applied to div F.

The old teams seem to be still filling the div tough.

Heliocentric
19-09-2012, 07:39 PM
Applied to div F.

The old teams seem to be still filling the div tough.

You'll see that alot, nothing to be alarmed by.

Applied to D

President Weasel
19-09-2012, 07:44 PM
I kicked Jiim's Lizard's from the Champs (using my new admin powers to achieve what I never could through playing the game) and accepted Janek's team. Now we need Dragon to apply, and then something something Dark Side something something complete.

LowKey
19-09-2012, 07:47 PM
I kicked Jiim's Lizard's from the Champs (using my new admin powers to achieve what I never could through playing the game)

bet you savoured that like a fine craft beer

MrJoose
20-09-2012, 08:34 AM
So I should be applying to Division K (I think), but I'm already in Division K. So...do I do nothing?

Alistair Hutton
20-09-2012, 08:39 AM
Applied to division 1, only a single GFI away from Champs. This time I'll make it - no stupid play in the final game of the season fucking me over this time!

Heliocentric
20-09-2012, 08:52 AM
So I should be applying to Division K (I think), but I'm already in Division K. So...do I do nothing?

Just sit tight and wait for the others.

MrJoose
20-09-2012, 01:22 PM
Well that makes things easy :)

groovychainsaw
20-09-2012, 01:41 PM
I've applied to D for the helio smackdown match, I'll have some time (shockingly) tonight to see how we're doing with applications so far. I'd still like to get the new season going over the weekend if we can, so if you haven't already get your applications in sharpish!

Kajo
20-09-2012, 02:31 PM
From 1 to L in 2 seasons.. beat that! :V

I'll be applying this evening

DeekyFun
20-09-2012, 05:56 PM
Is there anyone waiting for a spot to play in the league atm? I meant to park my team in the Z's for this next season, but like a muffin I forgot, so have been placed in Group D. I don't want to hold up play for everyone else, so if there's no one waiting, I'll keep my team in and play through this season.

Edit: Also, will stay in if reorganising would be a massive pain too!

Zoraster
20-09-2012, 06:07 PM
It might actually work out better if you miss the season Deeky. Correct me if I'm wrong folks but I thought Eard wasn't playing this season? If both he and Deeky are out then we will be left with exactly the right number of players to fill Tier 4, bumping up the two coaches currently cast adrift in M.

I haven't been around much recently so I may have missed a change of heart somewhere so I stand to be corrected...

groovychainsaw
20-09-2012, 07:53 PM
Also, Kajo could be reinstated back at tier 2(he was tier 1, dropped out and has returned in tier 4). Any objections to that for a reshuffle?

edit -Missing 14 so far, keep those applications coming ;-)

President Weasel
20-09-2012, 08:52 PM
Also, Kajo could be reinstated back at tier 2(he was tier 1, dropped out and has returned in tier 4). Any objections to that for a reshuffle?

edit -Missing 14 so far, keep those applications coming ;-)

No objections here, keeps the developed teams away from the newer ones.

drawlien
21-09-2012, 08:48 AM
Virgin kindly upgraded my broadband but then stupidly didn't send me the new box I need to get it to work until I phoned up to ask why my connection was reeeeaaaallly slow (like dial-up speeds...).

I haven't actually tried connecting to BB mulitplayer yet but I have a feeling it won't work. I won't be getting the new modem for a couple of days apparently so I may not be able to sign up over the weekend. I haven't even created my new team yet so it might be a bit much to ask someone else to do that for me and sign me up in a division.

I'll try connecting later today but if I can't it will probably be Tuesday at the earliest that I can sign up. Is that O.K.?

President Weasel
21-09-2012, 09:12 AM
PM me your details and I'll sign you up; I have a string of testimonials to say how rarely I delete star players.

drawlien
21-09-2012, 01:48 PM
PM me your details and I'll sign you up; I have a string of testimonials to say how rarely I delete star players.

But can you reliably build a team to exacting specifications as well?

Edit: It doesn't matter because I was able to get on and submit my team. Thanks for offering though Pres.

DeekyFun
21-09-2012, 05:50 PM
It might actually work out better if you miss the season Deeky. Correct me if I'm wrong folks but I thought Eard wasn't playing this season? If both he and Deeky are out then we will be left with exactly the right number of players to fill Tier 4, bumping up the two coaches currently cast adrift in M.

Cheers for that - I checked the sheet and it looks like I've already been Z'ed, so I assume I don't need to do any more. Hoping to rejoin either next season or the one after, if possible. I'm suffering from tomanygamesnotenoughtime-itis at the moment, so need a break! Good luck to you all for your matches. May your casualties inflicted be fatal.

Heliocentric
22-09-2012, 09:49 PM
I'm suffering from tomanygamesnotenoughtime-itis at the moment, so need a break

No.... Come back.... I NEED MY GRUDGE MATCH!

note: my application to D has not yet been accepted.

Zoraster
22-09-2012, 10:18 PM
Yeah, we are waiting on Grinn to get tier 1 up and running before we start on your lot Helio. Your application is there though so no need to fret.

Okay peeps, as Cyanide do eat the occasional apps here are the half dozen who are still missing:

Div 2 Grinn
Div C Walrus
Div D Kajo
Div I Eard
Div J Patser
Div K Macavity
Div J Sollitus

Eard
23-09-2012, 01:56 AM
As mentioned above, I did actually post requesting to sit out this season, but if the divisions are already set I'll do what I can, I don't want to throw it all off now. In the middle of getting the house up for sale so my time could go chaotic at any point, but I'll schedule the best I can.

Sollitus
23-09-2012, 04:01 AM
Yeah, we are waiting on Grinn to get tier 1 up and running before we start on your lot Helio. Your application is there though so no need to fret.

Okay peeps, as Cyanide do eat the occasional apps here are the half dozen who are still missing:

Div 2 Grinn
Div C Walrus
Div D Kajo
Div I Eard
Div J Patser
Div K Macavity
Div J Sollitus

Im here and accounted for apping up now

Joeyjojojuniorshabadoo
23-09-2012, 06:47 PM
ive app'd to k

groovychainsaw
23-09-2012, 09:39 PM
Hi Eard, I think we've got a solution to you being missing, so its fine, we've z'd you out now. Hope you can return in the future! Jiiim sneaks up to return in tier 4 :-)

We're all started down to div C so far, just missing 4 that are holding us up:

Div C: Walrus
Div I: (The newly promoted) Jiiiim
Div J: Patser
Div K: Forged

Reminders have been sent, if you spot them, give them a nudge, eh?

DeekyFun
24-09-2012, 12:42 PM
No.... Come back.... I NEED MY GRUDGE MATCH!

I'm keeping my Elves as far away from your grudge match as I can! We enjoy our kneecaps being at the front of our knees.

Heliocentric
24-09-2012, 01:35 PM
I'm keeping my Elves as far away from your grudge match as I can! We enjoy our kneecaps being at the front of our knees.
They will be on both sides on their knees, surely that's even better?

DeekyFun
24-09-2012, 02:39 PM
Hmm, double jointed you say? Is that an extra +AG?

Heliocentric
24-09-2012, 04:21 PM
Hmm, double jointed you say? Is that an extra +AG?Almost exactly.
If you are lucky some players will get all their injuries cleaned away and get regeneration too!

Jiiiiim
24-09-2012, 06:53 PM
Applied I think

Everblue
24-09-2012, 09:28 PM
Applied I think

Yes, you are there, just missing

Div C: Walrus
Div J: Patser
Div K: Forged

President Weasel
24-09-2012, 09:50 PM
Red Skull Reavers 0 - Irrelevant Illnesses 1

The Reavers' opening match in Division B came a little too early for their logistics department, as their armour was apparently still in transit from Division 2. Smaug's Nurglemen cut a swathe through my Chaosmen (not helped by me trying a single dice block which would have unlocked a couple of 2-dicers for me: red skull, reroll, red skull, my man gets KO'd). We were down to 7 before getting a KO of our own, and Smaug used the numbers advantage well to work a turn 6 touchdown. I also got the inexpressible joy of watching a serious concussions get shaken off by the nurglemens' regen (it was even more fun to watch the exact same thing happen again in the second half).

An attempt at a 2-turner elfball equaliser foundered on a 5-or-better catch roll being 4-or-worse.

Things went better casualty-wise in the second half, which was nice since I'd used my apoc in the first half turning my second-best player from dead to MNG. Sadly a cheeky attempt to nick up the sideline for an equaliser failed when Smaug natural-6ed the dodge into a tacklezone he needed in order to shunt my ballcarrier off the pitch, taking my hopes of getting anything from the match with him.

Walrus
24-09-2012, 10:59 PM
Sorry for making people wait. Totally forgot to apply. Sorry about that.

Joeyjojojuniorshabadoo
24-09-2012, 11:41 PM
does anyone know forged or have him on steam?? i wanna get started!

Everblue
24-09-2012, 11:53 PM
his name is ajpgater on steam

sent him an "be my freind lol" message

groovychainsaw
25-09-2012, 12:53 PM
Right, if people are still awol tonight, they'll forfeit their places and I may have to reshuffle folks. Everyone missing got an email on sunday, so we can't afford to hang on any longer. This will be a shame, and a bit awkward, as we currently have just the right number of people, but I don't want to hold us up any longer. Filler teams will be used to fill in any spaces at the bottom.

PATSER & FORGED/MACAVITY - Apply by 9pm tonight or your positions will be lost for this season!!

/Edit - All other divisions will be started tonight and the new season will officially be GO!

ntw
25-09-2012, 01:25 PM
Things are returning to normal for me, so if needed I can rejoin (tbh I'd rather sit out the season if possible but I'd much, much rather play than force anyone to use filler teams).
SteamBud/PM me.

Recoil3842
25-09-2012, 03:50 PM
Hello all. Just wanting to put my name forward for the next season, as I realise I have just missed the start of the current one. I have added my details to the Google Docs spreadsheet.

I have gone for a human team, as it is a good all rounder, so probably the best as I do not have much experience of Blood Bowl other than one game I played in the RPS Cup where I came 44th.

I hope to playing soon'ish.

Zoraster
25-09-2012, 04:03 PM
Recoil keep an eye here for a bit. We currently have two coaches missing and they are just about out of time if they want to retain their place. At this stage I’ll be surprised if both turn up so if you are ready you’ve got a pretty good chance of getting an immediate summons from our benevolent dictator tonight.

groovychainsaw
25-09-2012, 04:39 PM
I'll second that recoil, if you're around tonight, keep an eye out and I'll squeeze you in if we still have a missing player for the new season.

groovychainsaw
25-09-2012, 09:31 PM
Ok, recoil, if you want to apply to J and if we can have one filler team in K (ntw?), I'll get those going ASAP. All other divisions are go,

SEASON HAS STARTED!

ntw
25-09-2012, 11:33 PM
Applied to K with some filler elves, accepted my application and all the others in K but not had a chance to start the div or check the fixtures

Recoil3842
25-09-2012, 11:52 PM
I have applied to Division J, so thanks for that.

Zoraster
26-09-2012, 12:32 AM
I've just sorted out the fixtures for Divs J and K so all divisions should be up and running folks.

Recoil I'm going to be your first opponent so I'll hold off welcoming you until you do the honourable thing and roll lots of double skulls and snakes :) If you haven't got accepted into the group yet feel free to PM me to arrange a date. I'm pretty flexible with a couple of days warning.

cyberpunkdreams
26-09-2012, 12:35 AM
Recoil I'm going to be your first opponent...

Recoil, you lucky, lucky man...

Everblue
26-09-2012, 10:08 PM
Anupshi Rises (Khe, Dog Pants) 1 - 2 Doomdark's Revenge (Cha, me)

Division G, match 1. Full report to come.

Dog Pants
26-09-2012, 10:50 PM
I'll fire mine up anyway, it'll be interesting to see our different perspectives.

Div G: Anupshi Rises (KHE, Dog Pants) 1 - 2 Doomdark's Revenge (CHA, Everblue)

The fightiest game in Div G starts off in fine weather with the home team defending. The crowd, wanting a bit of the action, riot before the game even starts and set a violent precedent both teams try to retain for the duration of the match. The lines crunch together as Doomdark's Revenge immediately go on the attack, demolishing the Anupshi Rises line of scrimmage with a heavily centre focused formation. As they push forwards they form a cage around the quad-limbed ball carrying Beastman. As the Chaos players assault the defensive line and push forwards a mobile Tomb Guardian manages to mark the ball carrier, but is brought down and fouled. The only effect of the action, however, is one less Beastman in the game. More Anupshi players start to hustle the ball carrier, but the strong cage prevents any attempts at a blitz. The crown roar as the Minotaur grinds an unfortunate skeleton into the turf, saved from death only by the fact that he was already dead, and the ball carrier escapes his assailants to the safety of left field. Both teams follow and start to bunch up around the ball but the Beastman again escapes the knot of fighting players. With most of the defending players now tied up in the brawl it is down to a lingering Khemri back-marker to finally blitz the ball away from the running Beastman, only for it to land in the hands of a nearby Chaos Warrior. Elsewhere another Chaos Warrior sends another Khemri off the pitch, this time a rookie Tomb Guardian, and this time his Regeneration is of no help leaving the player a corpse of a distinctly less animated type. The ball carrying Chaos Warrior charges for the line, hammering a defender out of his way. A couple more try to slow his run in vain, and the ball is run in for a touchdown shortly before the end of the half.

Doomdark's Revenge begin the second half with ten men, and as they kick lose another as a Beastman is injured by the first block. Nontheless, two failed pick-ups in a row by the Anupshi Thro-Ra leave the attackers vulnerable after a premature push, and the multi-limbed Beastman who carried the ball for most of the last half breaks through the lines to injure the cack-handed Khemri and collect the ball. The few Anupshi players close enough to respond can't hold the slippery runner back, and the Chaos team score an early second touchdown.
More determined this time, Anupshi Rises make a feint right manoeuvre to try to tie up some of the dwindling number of Chaos players on the wrong side of the pitch. The drive left works, but is cut short by a fireball which takes another Tomb Guardian back to the dugout. The omnipresent four-armed Doomdark ball handler makes good on the loose ball, but doesn't have the support to keep it. He is overrun by Khemri players and knocked out. Now there are a lot of Anupshi players around the ball with no immediate threats, and the Anupshi veteran Thro-Ra recovers it to start driving up the left flank. The charge almost falters when a Chaos Warrior manages to get behind the ball, but surprisingly the running Thro-Ra manages to smash his way through and injure the defender in the process. As the half comes to a close and the Khemri take the ball close to the line an effective last attempt at keeping the score 2-0 comes in the form of a pair of Chaos Warriors, but a Blitz Ra manages to nudge clear a route and Anushi Rises manage to run in a token touchdown. The game ends with a token beating of the Skeleton subs to please the crowds on both sides.

Dog Pants
26-09-2012, 11:01 PM
Also, I have a Thro-Ra with a double. He already has Dodge as a result of a previous double, so I'm dazzled by the possibilities. I'm interested to hear what the hive mind thinks.

Gorm
26-09-2012, 11:04 PM
What does he normally get access to?

Everblue
26-09-2012, 11:13 PM
Wall of text

I have little to add to such a comprehensive report!

I will say that I was pretty lucky with both my TDs - in the first half I thought you'd made a mistake by letting your TGs get behind the ball, but in the end it nearly worked out for you. My second TD was the result of a bit of a nuffling with your pickups, although for what it's worth I wouldn't ever try to pick up the ball with an AG2 thrower if there was the possibility of AG3 on the pitch!

With a few different dice rolls at key points the result would have been very different.

Bit disappointed with killer beastman only getting a single TG ko, despite all my efforts. The five limbed beastman did indeed have an excellent game, spoiled only with the fumbled pass when I was trying to get a third TD at the end.

I thought diving tackle for your thrower.

Dog Pants
26-09-2012, 11:23 PM
What does he normally get access to?

General and Passing. Also, as it was a double 6, I have the option of +ST. Could make for a tricky player to get the ball from and a decent back marker when defending.

Everblue
26-09-2012, 11:29 PM
Double 6? Then definitely strength!

potatoedoughnut
27-09-2012, 01:37 AM
General and Passing. Also, as it was a double 6, I have the option of +ST. Could make for a tricky player to get the ball from and a decent back marker when defending.

I would consider sidestep as well for the ball carrier. Blodgestep is utterly annoying.

+Str is hard to pass up though.

Gorm
27-09-2012, 08:44 AM
Take the st boost.

ChainsawHands
27-09-2012, 09:27 AM
Also, as it was a double 6, I have the option of +ST.That's not an option, you should always take the +ST.

(Well, except when you shouldn't, but this isn't one of those times.)

Skydancer
27-09-2012, 09:35 AM
Get that +st. I also have a thro-ra with ST 4 and his nickname is 'The Bastard' (capital B). It's really useful cause it's unexpected and people like to mark him with a couple linos. Also useful for blitzes since he's MV6 and really, how can you pass on a ST 4 ball handler?! Give him block and he'll be unstoppable.

President Weasel
27-09-2012, 09:47 AM
That's not an option, you should always take the +ST.

(Well, except when you shouldn't, but this isn't one of those times.)

In my opinion you should take the +ST even when you shouldn't.
And I was in the Champions Division for a whole season, so I must be right.

Screwie
27-09-2012, 10:03 AM
+ST and Sure Hands means he's extremely annoying to get the ball from, especially for evil elfy types who dodge through the LoS into the backfield for a quick steal. And he already has Dodge too, even better.

ChainsawHands
27-09-2012, 12:46 PM
In my opinion you should take the +ST even when you shouldn't.Bit of a waste on a fanatic or a deathroller, but I couldn't really fault you even there.

Indefatigible Snoozer
27-09-2012, 01:04 PM
I had a Blodging, Side-step Thro-Ra. He was glorious. Then he got +AG, and the birth of a new god was proclaimed in the land of the Khemri.
Needless to say, he was killed the game after he got +AG.
+STR is absolutely the choice. With Armour 7, they are terribly fragile, and with armour constantly being broken, regen will fail at some point. Better to up the strength and give opponents less opportunities to break the armour.

Heliocentric
27-09-2012, 04:11 PM
Bit of a waste on a fanatic or a deathroller, but I couldn't really fault you even there.

A big guys would be better with various doubles. Block, dodge pro on loners, jump up on tree men.

cyberpunkdreams
27-09-2012, 04:27 PM
A big guys would be better with various doubles. Block, dodge pro on loners, jump up on tree men.

I got Pro on my treeman in the Open. It's worked out well so far. I know it makes him a slightly higher TO risk than having block, but it also handles take root and standing up.

Dog Pants
27-09-2012, 05:32 PM
Haha, okay pretty unanimous there. For some reason I was stat-blind when I asked the question. Excited by the wealth of skill possibilities.

Get that +st. I also have a thro-ra with ST 4 and his nickname is 'The Bastard' (capital B). It's really useful cause it's unexpected and people like to mark him with a couple linos. Also useful for blitzes since he's MV6 and really, how can you pass on a ST 4 ball handler?! Give him block and he'll be unstoppable.

I remember that guy! You're right, he is ​a Bastard.

LowKey
27-09-2012, 07:27 PM
Yeah my blodge sidestep +str skink in the open has frequently been a lifesaver

chadsexington
27-09-2012, 07:57 PM

i have a pub khemri team that recently faced that problem. I went with the +ST anyway. Figured its ok as I already have two TGs with block ;)

Heliocentric
27-09-2012, 09:56 PM
Yeah my blodge sidestep +str skink in the open has frequently been a lifesaver

Yeah, +st on primary ball carriers is wonderful.

Kajo
28-09-2012, 03:51 PM
Yeah, +st on primary ball carriers is wonderful.

My ghoul will show you his ball handling skills.

Heliocentric
28-09-2012, 04:01 PM
My ghoul will show you his ball handling skills.

It's going to die, just an FYI.

Skydancer
28-09-2012, 04:55 PM
He meant "balls handling skills".

Kajo
28-09-2012, 05:59 PM
It's going to die, just an FYI.

He already knows his destiny from the day he entered the blood bowl pitch. Plus, he already played with your team, so he doesn't fear death.

Alistair Hutton
28-09-2012, 08:25 PM
Torg'n'Thorg is dead.

One hundred yards of rushing.
Forty four matches played.
Twelve yards of passing
Nine players injured
Four touchdowns
Three MVPs
Two Catches
Two opponents killed
And an Ogre racial equalling record of one Completed pass.

Torg'n'Thorg is dead. We will not see his likes again.

President Weasel
28-09-2012, 09:25 PM
This saddens me. Something strange and wonderful has gone from this world, and the world has been lessened by its passing.
Also, I did not get to kill it.

El Cubo
28-09-2012, 09:44 PM
Aye, Torg died like an emperor: In the tender (and sharp) clutches of Brutus.

Wayward Gladiators vs. Altdorf Army IX

Altdorf Army graciously let the Gladiators receive first. A bloody match ensued with most of the blood being Altdorfian. The start of the game saw several human players getting hurt, including Torg'nThorg's fatal injury. With so many soldiers deserting, the attack went smoothly and a touchdown was scored on turn 4. Nine human players made it to the next kick-off. I'm not sure I remember what happened next, but I kicked short and was able to blitz the ball carrier after the ball was covered. The Altdorfians decided to play elf ball. Darius the berserker, however, played the spoilsport and intercepted the pass. Off he went, but couldn't get very far before being swarmed by the redshirts. Bad positioning, inconsiderate blocking and a sidestepping human lineman made the getaway too hard. The humans couldn't capitalize on the dropped ball despite the good effort given and so the half ended.

Still nine Altdorfians tested the Norse defense. The attack started badly and ended in a single die skull before the ball. Most of the Army was formed up in a tight ball, so the gladiators were glad to join in the fray. The ball carrier was blitzed down but the norsemen's overzealous attempt to maximize the points by passing the ball to ulfwerener led to a stolen ball. An impressive and unintercepted pass was thrown to a waiting human blitzer, who took one step too far and stumbled. Lucky for him, Brutus triple skulled himself before any of the Gladiators could get after him so the touchdown was scored a couple of turns later on turn 14.

The aforementioned ulfwerener got the ball thanks due to an out of bounds kick (or rather, a fumbled catch leading to the ball going out of bounds). 7 players didn't form much of an obstacle but I had to rely on the werewolf's st5 to protect him as I couldn't get a tight cage around him. Well, it didn't protect him against the impressive moves of the humans. Two players, a blitzer and a catcher Galahad made in total five 3+ and 4+ dodges and three gfi's to get to the wolf, threw a two dice against blitz that resulted in two pows and a stunned brute, and finally the catcher even caught the bouncing ball*. Fortunately he dropped the ball as he himself was dropped. Failure at pick up caused some gray hairs, but ultimately Lucius Vorenus scored the touchdown on turn 16.

2-1 for the Gladiators. Successful blocking (162 dice vs 46) won the day but my overconfidence almost cost the victory.

(*) I'm not sure if Alistair realized that he had a perfectly viable st3 player just one 4+ dodge away from blitzing the ulf. I'm not sure if he had block though.

Alistair Hutton
28-09-2012, 10:50 PM
(*) I'm not sure if Alistair realized that he had a perfectly viable st3 player just one 4+ dodge away from blitzing the ulf. I'm not sure if he had block though.

No block (as opposed to Wrestle) or dodge and also the Catcher that made the crazy Dodge sequence had Dauntless - the psych up roll failed but double POW was a just reward for a defensive play a Wardancer would have been proud of.

Also that pass I pulled off was nuts, Thrower picked themselevs up off ground, dodged, picked up ball in TZ and long bombed to Lineman. Glorious.

If I'd escaped with the draw though there would have been no justice in the world.

20phoenix
28-09-2012, 11:59 PM
Speaking of no justice my rats just swarmed to a 3-1 victory over Graever's humies.

A highly effective wizard gave me a 2d shot at the ball carrier in turn 2 which resulted in a turnover of possession and a rat score. Next kick off came a blitz which I couldn't reach but got gutters in the back field. An early failure in Graevers turn gave me a shot at scoring but the big hand rodent snake eyed. However Graever couldn't retrieve the ball and one of the gutters made a 5+ pickup in rain and a TZ to make it 2. The defence held firm till half time and 2 turns into the second half it was 3 despite Graever managing to get the carrier double marked in his turn. Graevers next drive was halted after a frenzy block by the ball carrier came up with a skull. It looked like a 4th for the rats might be on the cards but I couldnt get it safe and the ball was turned over for Graever to pull one back. My attempt at a 4th failed when a thrower failed to catch an accurate pass with RR but Graever was too far away to pull another back.

I lost an unskilled linerat to a severe case of death which I was expecting to be a lot worse as I had to use the apo in turn 1 to save a guard lino from death. Levels for my +MV gutter and guard lino from the game too although only 20k in winnings. The teams 13 games old and still cant afford an ogre :(

Everblue
29-09-2012, 12:05 AM
I went through and validated a bunch of games.

President Weasel
29-09-2012, 10:18 AM
This round ends on 02/10/2012
I'm not sure I really need the 2012 part there, but there might be some Americans reading who read the date and think they have until the 10th of February. Well you don't have that long, hypothetical Americans!
It's time to get your games in, or at least make some sincere efforts to schedule them so we don't give the win to your opponents. Put a message in the group for your division, and if that doesn't work consider sending your scheduled opponent a pm or contacting them on Steam.

Wolfenswan
29-09-2012, 04:53 PM
Unless Graever and 20Phoenix don't insist on playing the games against me I'd like to opt out the reason of the season and take a BB break afterwards. I'm not enjoying the game as much as I used to and having shit injury dice with WElf teams didn't help.

MadDave123
29-09-2012, 05:54 PM
Pitch invasion = 10 of my mans down.

TEN!

That pitch-wide bribe clearly worked. >_>
Well played, Corkir, well played.

That is all

El Cubo
29-09-2012, 05:56 PM
Pitch invasion = 10 of my mans down.

That pitch-wide bribe clearly worked. >_>
Well played, Corkir, well played.

Apparently Corkir's fan base is much more solid.

Jiiiiim
29-09-2012, 05:57 PM
I like to imagine the expression on that one guy

Kajo
29-09-2012, 07:15 PM
I like to imagine the expression on that one guy

This?

Corkir
29-09-2012, 08:26 PM
That suggests a bit too much resilience. He got knocked out as soon as my turn began :)

It was a classic moment from Nuffle even allowing for the double FAME. Fortunately the game was almost decided before it happened or it could have spoilt the contest. Instead it just meant I scored a quick third, got an easy skill on my new witch and could go into hide mode for the last quarter.

chadsexington
29-09-2012, 09:16 PM
3 players dead, two injured.

One skill-less norse-wolf saved from death only to lose a lineman and a +1ST 'zerker.

EDIT : rage-post, will update later.

sketchseven
29-09-2012, 09:23 PM
Division F - Hertlingbrad Scholars 1 - 1 Norweigan Fancy Nancies

Er ... yeah. Sorry about that.

Epic fireball from my wizard Eloquacious in an early turn took out a group of Norse, including stunning the yeti, knocking out a lino and killing a Wolfman (apoc'd back to badly hurt). Then the mauling continued with Norse stacking the injury box. I was genuinely wincing in sympathy as the second white skull hove into view over the prone Beserker.

In the end though, the Nancies fought back to a valiant 1-1 draw with chad blocking my attempts at a two-turner for the win on the last couple of turns after some outrageous work from the Norse runners to even the score line.

Could a kindly admin please validate the match?

Everblue
29-09-2012, 09:46 PM
Done, but can you post it in the spreadsheet too?

Some other games validated.

grinn
30-09-2012, 07:15 AM
Hey Nie, are we playing this morning? I got up at a gruelling 8am post party night - hope you're not conked out!

NieA7
30-09-2012, 01:06 PM
Damn, sorry Grinn, I think we had our wire's crossed - I thought we were playing 21:00BST on Tuesday! I've been out all morning, apologies for your early start :\

Gorm
30-09-2012, 02:04 PM
Just played Dentharials Orcs with my Skaven. I Skaven'd til i could skaven no more and it paid off. 2-0 to me, but i feel like i had some lucky block dice.

Alini
30-09-2012, 10:40 PM
Scraped by a draw with boots, not helped by the fact I clicked End Turn at the beginning of a crucial turn where I had to stop him from scoring, but very much helped by him extra gallantly sacrificing his next turn! Thanks, boots and sorry about all the skinks...

NieA7
30-09-2012, 11:43 PM
i played Grinn but he was nasty and broke all my mans even though i didn't break his mans so now im not playing him again because hes a big meanypants

Screwie
01-10-2012, 12:06 AM
Dread Pool (DElf, me) vs Royal Pharahos (Khe, Walrus)

I had a scrappy game against Walrus' Khemri today. We both had some bad luck on our rolls, a number of failed dodge rolls abruptly ending our turns. He had 600k inducements to play with and cannily bought a Chef, which left me with only 1 TRR for each half.

Regardless I took the lead but by the end of first half Walrus' better bashing was really mounting up, with 5 or 6 of my guys KO'd at half time. With his high ST and multitude of Guard Walrus was able to apply his numbers advantage really well, and it's only by some devious elf ball-stealing that I managed to score a second TD to grab the win. Also I was tired of my guys getting gang-fouled and so responded in kind, killing Walrus' Mighty Blow blitz-ra Sweetcheeks on my first go. Muahaha.

Final Score: 2 - 0 to the Pool.

Injuries:
Pool - 1 BH and nothing else, I was massively surprised.
Pharahos - 1 dead, poor Sweetcheeks.

boots468
01-10-2012, 11:51 AM
Scraped by a draw with boots, not helped by the fact I clicked End Turn at the beginning of a crucial turn where I had to stop him from scoring, but very much helped by him extra gallantly sacrificing his next turn! Thanks, boots and sorry about all the skinks...

Yeah, all that mighty blow and tackle (and me starting with the Saurus Star Player) meant that only one drive finished with a skink on the pitch, and I was a couple of Sauruses down most of the time too. I think a draw was overall a fair result, both our touchdowns required succeeding on a lot of dice rolls.

Thanks for the game Alini, and at least there were no permanent injuries :-)

Squiz
01-10-2012, 05:30 PM
Could some kind soul please validate wink5000's and my game in Division F? Thanks in advance!

cyberpunkdreams
01-10-2012, 05:59 PM
I've been trying to reach Dissident for our match, but no luck (although we are connected on Steam). I'm out tomorrow, so unless he pops up this evening for our match (I'm free all evening, apart from an Open match at 8pm), we're going to require an extension.

Everblue
01-10-2012, 09:51 PM
The first week of the season ends TOMORROW and the following coaches are yet to play their matches according to the spreadsheet:

Chainsawhands
Dragon
Grinn
Snoozer
NieA7
somanyrobots
AgP
Groovychainsaw
Heliocentric
Kajo
INinja132
Karandraz
Cacamas
Prester John
ntw
Xenny (can be reached via Cyberpunkdreams if needed)
Cyberpunkdreams
Dissident
drawlien
Sollitus

ChainsawHands
01-10-2012, 09:53 PM
Mr Dragon has a lot of guard on his undead. Like... imagine a team with a lot of guard. Right, well, he has more than that.

Everblue
01-10-2012, 10:08 PM
I don't know, I can imagine a lot.

NieA7
01-10-2012, 10:13 PM
Grinn and I have played and he was mean :'( Haven't updated the spreadsheet as the fixtures in game are different than on the sheet and I daren't change it in fear of borking it for everyone else.

Gorm
01-10-2012, 10:28 PM
Have the games been validated yet? I've got a gutterrunner with +1st and pass block to level up. Any suggestions for what to give him?

cyberpunkdreams
01-10-2012, 10:37 PM
The first week of the season ends TOMORROW and the following coaches are yet to play their matches according to the spreadsheet...

I've got a hold of Dissident, and we've agreed to play on Wednesday. Could we get an extension until then please?

Xenny's also just decided she wants to drop out of the league, as her work interferes too much. Her match against ntw's filler can be adminned. To save hassle, I could finish the season off for her by playing her team, if no one has any objections? I don't have much experience with Norse, so I doubt I'd be much of a threat ;). After that she'll put the team in the Challenge.

sketchseven
01-10-2012, 11:04 PM
I have no issue with either of these two things CPD

20phoenix
01-10-2012, 11:39 PM
Has said GR got block? If not then that is a must

Gorm
01-10-2012, 11:41 PM
He doesnt have block, but what if he rolls st up again? WHAT IF?!?! Blocks probably a good choice.

Heliocentric
02-10-2012, 12:55 AM
Me and Kajo should be playing tomorrow, unlikely we'll need extending.

somanyrobots
02-10-2012, 03:25 AM
Snoozer and I (again, fixture mix-up in div 2) missed the window this past weekend and predictably have time-zone issues during the week. So we'll be playing next weekend or not at all, looks like.

drawlien
02-10-2012, 08:51 AM
I've been in contact with Sollitus but he hasn't yet let me know whether Wednesday is O.K. or not. If we don't play tomorrow I'll just admin it to a draw I think.

MrJoose
02-10-2012, 06:20 PM
Xenny's also just decided she wants to drop out of the league, as her work interferes too much. Her match against ntw's filler can be adminned. To save hassle, I could finish the season off for her by playing her team, if no one has any objections? I don't have much experience with Norse, so I doubt I'd be much of a threat ;). After that she'll put the team in the Challenge.

I would be playing her next, and im absolutely ok with anything that makes the game easier for me :D

Dog Pants
02-10-2012, 07:52 PM
I don't know, I can imagine a lot.

Sorry to backtrack, but I have to congratulate this fine and so far unrecognised quotage.

Everblue
02-10-2012, 08:02 PM
Great, kid! Now don't get cocky!

Gorm
02-10-2012, 08:43 PM
I've got a very bad feeling about this

El Cubo
02-10-2012, 09:12 PM
Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhrnnn

Cacamas
02-10-2012, 09:31 PM
Blackest of Black Blacks 0 - 2 Beauty and the Beast

My rookie team got off to a tough start against Prester's skilled WElfs and the result was all too predictable: 1 TD coming off a nippy passing movement early on, 1 TD coming off a Blodging Leaping Sidestepping Ball-stripping Wardancer knocking the ball away from my star vampire, skipping through my entire cage as if it wasn't there and prancing away down the pitch.
On the other hand I got 3 casualties, so there's some consolation :)

Everblue
02-10-2012, 11:23 PM
OK, the END (of week 1) IS NIGH

The following divisions can NOT be moved on -

Division 2
Division D
Division E
Division K
Division L

All other divisions can be moved on. Sadly I don't know how to do this :) Is it the "end day" option?

Division 2

The 'robots versus 'snoozer match has not yet happened. I note that this was due to a fixture mix up between the spreadsheet and Cyanide. I note from the division 2 thread that the match is set for Saturday morning, so I would propose to grant an extension until Saturday for this league, assuming everyone agrees.

Division D

Precisely zero matches have been played in this division. Kajo v Helio is set for tomorrow, while AgP and Groovy are trying to put something together. Shall we wait until after tomorrow and take another look?

Division E

We are waiting for iNinja v Karandraz. I can't see that Karandraz has replied to iNinja's post on the division thread requesting a game, or posted on this thread at all. I propose we wait until tomorrow to see if Karandraz can get in touch and if we have not heard to the contrary, award an admin win for iNinja.

Division K

Cyber and ntw have agreed to admin a draw and roll the league on.

Division L

I'm not actually an admin of this league it seems, but again zero games played. It seems at least one match is scheduled for tomorrow, so I think we should maybe look again this time tomorrow.

El Cubo
02-10-2012, 11:45 PM
All other divisions can be moved on. Sadly I don't know how to do this :) Is it the "end day" option?

It is.

10ch

Heliocentric
03-10-2012, 12:15 AM
Er... I'm not sure if Kajo forgot or whatever but I've struggled to find him online. Much apologies.

President Weasel
03-10-2012, 12:32 AM
Good work, Everblue.

Bad work, people who have not managed to play their game. For shame, people, for shame.

ChainsawHands
03-10-2012, 12:33 AM
Sorry to backtrack, but I have to congratulate this fine and so far unrecognised quotage.I for one was refusing to recognise it because it was incorrect: the quote he was looking for was "I don't know, I can imagine quite a bit".

Everblue
03-10-2012, 07:54 AM
I for one was refusing to recognise it because it was incorrect: the quote he was looking for was "I don't know, I can imagine quite a bit".

It's ok for you paper-pushing desk-monkeys. I'm out here, putting on the line, EVERY DAMN DAY, trying to insert Star Wars quotes into unrelated internet threads, while you sit behind your desk with your rules, and procedures, and "accuracy".

ChainsawHands
03-10-2012, 10:03 AM
It's ok for you paper-pushing desk-monkeys. I'm out here, putting on the line, EVERY DAMN DAY, trying to insert Star Wars quotes into unrelated internet threads, while you sit behind your desk with your rules, and procedures, and "accuracy".Only people with access to imdb are so precise.

Everblue
03-10-2012, 10:15 AM
Internet pedants walk in single file, to hide their numbers.

drawlien
03-10-2012, 12:28 PM
The Ankle Nippers played their inaugural match against Sollitus' Delves this morning and managed to come away with a 2-0 win. My favourite moment was killing a lineman, which was apo'd to BH, discussing our amazement at the number of casualties I was causing that drive and then killing another lino with the very next block!

Thanks for the game Sollitus!

sketchseven
03-10-2012, 03:59 PM
Internet pedants walk in single file, to hide their numbers.

I applaud this comeback.

cyberpunkdreams
03-10-2012, 10:00 PM
So, the Black Bombers played the Budging Vixens today... 3-0 win to the Vixens. Highlights were two deaths meted out by the Bombers (one apoc'ed), along with two niggling injuries, and a single turn in which the Vixens put four goblins out of the match. The bombardier blew himself up twice and Zara was a pain in the arse (those stakes... I'll stop there).

Any kindly admins around to do their thing?

Everblue
03-10-2012, 10:24 PM
Division L is the one I don't have access to sadly. I'm a bit nervous of moving the leagues on a day, because I haven't done it before and I can't immediately see whether leagues have moved on or whether they haven't. Could one of the more capable admins please deal with this?

All the divisions need to be moved on except 2 (which will be moved on Saturday) and D (one game is ongoing at present).

Two results need to be adminned - a draw in division K and a win for iNinja in division E.

Many thanks

groovychainsaw
03-10-2012, 10:32 PM
Divs moved on where necessary, games validated where I can, and I've added you to the commisioners list for L, everblue -must have missed that one ;-). Day 2 begins here for most of us..

Gorm
03-10-2012, 11:03 PM
I got a double 5 on a gutter runner that has +1 st and pass block. So i can give him any skill, +1mv or +1 av. Any suggestions?

Nullkigan
03-10-2012, 11:05 PM
You're seriously considering NOT making 1TTDs even easier?

Heliocentric
03-10-2012, 11:13 PM
You're seriously considering NOT making 1TTDs even easier?

Yeah, +MV for the pure bastardry of it all.

I was losing 2-0 against Kajo on turn 13 when the connection started keeling over, I'd sad to lose my kill on a wight and the SPP my various injuries generated but I'll have to accept a default loss. Its kinda crappy I get 0 spp, but he deserves the win.

Gorm
04-10-2012, 12:02 AM
Yea i was thinking about the mv boost, but he is already st up. I should probably just take it, but then he would probably be better with more utility skills.

Janek
04-10-2012, 12:07 AM
Either the +MA for being more of a gutter running little bastard, or Horns for blitzing duties.

El Cubo
04-10-2012, 12:10 AM
I got a double 5 on a gutter runner that has +1 st and pass block. So i can give him any skill, +1mv or +1 av. Any suggestions?

Long legs to make interceptions easier. After that leap and catch. Unsaveable 4+ interceptions with reroll and 2+ leaps, woohoo!

Gorm
04-10-2012, 08:26 AM
I forgot about very long legs. i went for that.