PDA

View Full Version : RPS Blood Bowl League - The many, many Divisions of Death!

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

Gorm
07-07-2011, 12:18 PM
Orcs, Lizards and Necro vs my Vamps. I'm thinking a lot of Thralls will die.

Screwie
07-07-2011, 12:22 PM
Could be worse, a few seasons back I got Undead, Undead, Khemri. Though much to my amusement my rat ogre killed one of the mummies.

One good thing about Goblins, they're easy to replace...

I will be curious to see what state my team's going to be in in three games' time, though.

alh_p
07-07-2011, 01:35 PM
ah, chaps, i'm afraid i have an issue. I moved house last week and due to a clerical error by my responsible adult (girlfriend), we are sans internet until the 14th June... At first I thought this might be ok as I'd just have a couple of days before the first "day" ended but I've only realised now that I have to apply to Div B way before then. In a word, bugger.

This may mean I have to sit a season out, which i'd rather not do, but there may yet be a way around this issue. Perhaps some kind, responsible soul could log in on my account and apply my team for me? pretty please?

...then again, I could avoid facing dwarves and necros for a season if I do miss this one... :)

darkweeble
07-07-2011, 01:41 PM
Elf, Amazon, and Skaven vs my Orcs. This is like a nightmare division for me. I can't stop you fast little twerps.

Cyborg
07-07-2011, 01:42 PM
ah, chaps, i'm afraid i have an issue. I moved house last week and due to a clerical error by my responsible adult (girlfriend), we are sans internet until the 14th June... At first I thought this might be ok as I'd just have a couple of days before the first "day" ended but I've only realised now that I have to apply to Div B way before then. In a word, bugger.

This may mean I have to sit a season out, which i'd rather not do, but there may yet be a way around this issue. Perhaps some kind, responsible soul could log in on my account and apply my team for me? pretty please?

...then again, I could avoid facing dwarves and necros for a season if I do miss this one... :)

I will help you. Just send me a private message.

Vexing Vision
07-07-2011, 02:04 PM
Keep in mind that accounts are tied to installations, I think.

I don't know how the Steam version works, but I'm pretty sure that on my machine with my Bloodbowl installation (which was purchased digimagically via directly via Cyanide), noone else can log in. Not that I tried, mind you, but I know that my account is bound to my installation key.

Zoraster
07-07-2011, 02:10 PM
Should be fine. There are two keys, with the player key only being required to create an account. Any player can log in on any installation. The limits are only one account per player key and only one live connection per game key. It is one of the few things Cyanide did well :)

President Weasel
07-07-2011, 02:11 PM
darkweeble, surely you mean "I have more* guard than you fancy schmancy agility* team pansies*, and my orcs will brutally murderise you off the pitch, leaving me to stroll in an unopposed touchdown"

(* except the amazons, but they're no faster than orcs and they still snap like twigs if you've got some orcs who can tackle).

Alh, pm me your login and I will have a go at applying your team if you like.

alh_p
07-07-2011, 02:18 PM
Thanks all for the offers of help. I'm pretty sure Zoroaster's right and that it should work.

Vexing Vision
07-07-2011, 03:05 PM
Aaah, okay. Cheers for clearing that up, Zoraster. :)

In that case, I'll also offer my help eventually tonight when I'm home.

Alistair Hutton
07-07-2011, 03:24 PM
Talk about a Group of Death: Division 7 is two rebooters who know what they're doing and two rejoiners with developed teams! And we don't even get the satisfaction of beating up on Darkfenix's short bus chaos team, because they're a whole division above us.
Duffin, me, Khyrses, Al Hutton... I was better off in Division B!

If you just stay still I'll make it quick.

JayTee
07-07-2011, 05:57 PM
Yay, finally rolled a double on a Tomb Guardian and have Block on one of the lumps. Funtimes.

Applied to Div 2, and now have to decide what to do with the 160k in cash I'm sitting on. A 5th re-roll is tempting, but so is just holding onto it for the inevitable dead Tomb Guardian. Decisions decisions...

unitled
07-07-2011, 06:20 PM
I've drawn Chaos, Chaos, and Dwarves against my wood elves, a team now just 9 lineelves and 1 wardancer after the dwarf team I'll be playing stomped me into the astrogranite :(

Still, what's the point in winning if it's gonna be easy? *evil grin*

President Weasel
07-07-2011, 07:41 PM
Alh_p's "World Beaters of Khorne" have now applied to Division B.
(although I must admit it was quite tempting to make a new team called "Egg Beaters of Khorne" and apply with that instead :) )

imirk
07-07-2011, 07:56 PM
What about "Khorne on/off the Cobb" ?

DarkFenix
07-07-2011, 07:57 PM
Heh, was thinking about using that pun for my team, but Khorneflakes lent itself to player names a lot better.

smaug81
07-07-2011, 08:05 PM
The Brolafs are officially applied to Div E. Looking forward to another season, this time with less careless mistakes! :P

Alistair Hutton
07-07-2011, 08:52 PM
What about "Khorne on/off the Cobb" ?

Too Khorney.

MadDave123
07-07-2011, 09:20 PM
Oooh, Division F is it? I wonder what my Nurgley chaps did to deserve that?

As far as I'm aware losing horribly every game should get one relegated, no? Does squishing your opponents and killing lots of players actually have benefits over touchdowns then? If so, SCORE! :D

Vexing Vision
07-07-2011, 10:16 PM
The Sirens applied for Divison D, still a bit confused how they ended there and why all the Khemri suddenly turned into Rats.

Xercies
07-07-2011, 10:26 PM
Applied for Division E, seem to be in a bit of a bashy table this time. Should be interesting to see how low my number of elves can get to

Copper8642
08-07-2011, 01:05 AM
*slow clap*
*builds up the clap*

imirk
08-07-2011, 01:20 AM
*slow clap**builds up the clap*

*Gets entirely too into the clap*

Cyborg
08-07-2011, 02:15 AM
Let's break it down… helmet is not a chair.

karandraz
08-07-2011, 02:16 AM
Applied for division 1! For the first time in Aggressive negotiation's long history with this league the championship division is almost within touching distance. Makes me feel all misty eyed at the long road it has taken to get here!

Lets see who have we got this season, kelron, nice to see you again mate, HughTower! its been a while and drawlien i don't believe ive yet had the pleasure of meeting your khemri :)

Arnisarus
08-07-2011, 10:11 AM
erf, applied for div 5, first match against blooming dwarves. I hate dwarves! stupid stubby beardy folk

alh_p
08-07-2011, 12:23 PM
Alh_p's "World Beaters of Khorne" have now applied to Division B.
(although I must admit it was quite tempting to make a new team called "Egg Beaters of Khorne" and apply with that instead :) )

Hope you didn't tamper with the team, groovy had to do the same for me a few divs ago (maybe almost a year by now!) and Duffin wanted him to delete my blodging troll slayer. Dirty Delf.

President Weasel
08-07-2011, 02:26 PM
They are entirely untampered with, I swear it on the tattered shreds of what's left of my honour.

mootpoint
08-07-2011, 03:36 PM
Applied for Div F.

Also, I'll be heading away on vacation around the 17:th of July, I'll be away for somewhere between ten days to two weeks, so if you can't get a reply from me on matches during that period feel free to default them (although hopefully it'll just be one).

NieA7
08-07-2011, 08:07 PM
Applied for E. Elves huh? This is not what I signed up for. Any team that can pick up the ball without having to use a re-roll must surely be unclean in the eyes of Nuffle.

Am I going crazy or is there no schedule for this division?

President Weasel
08-07-2011, 08:38 PM
hah, you're not going crazy! (or if you are, this isn't one of the symptoms)
I assume this is because Division E didn;t exist last year so the fixtures were removed or hidden by ntw, and haven't been put back yet.

Jolima
08-07-2011, 09:57 PM
The letters divisions are clearly winning the race with only 4 people not having applied against 11 on the numbers divisions. You're not gonna let them show you up like that, are you number-ers? :-)

ntw
08-07-2011, 10:07 PM
hah, you're not going crazy! (or if you are, this isn't one of the symptoms)
I assume this is because Division E didn;t exist last year so the fixtures were removed or hidden by ntw, and haven't been put back yet.

Seems to be there now - did someone unhide it?

imirk
08-07-2011, 10:08 PM
I think the divisions could do for some Recorded History, but I'm going to need help putting it together, I can follow pretty well what I would call the "Modern Divisions" (Season 4-on) but what was the deal with seasons 1-3 and were there Dark Elf Seasons?

ntw
08-07-2011, 10:23 PM
I think the divisions could do for some Recorded History, but I'm going to need help putting it together, I can follow pretty well what I would call the "Modern Divisions" (Season 4-on) but what was the deal with seasons 1-3 and were there Dark Elf Seasons?

The historical results are in the, uh, Historical Results tab on the S/Sheet (https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0ApZtTuVnFIbvdDRKQ20yb0N1Zy1FMlcybFFFQ0Vre Xc&authkey=CLqFqKgH&hl=en#gid=29) :)

IIRC Season 4 was when I hijacked the spreadsheet and Season 5 was when we moved across to BBLE from vanilla/DE. In an act of arrogance I've tidied the early sheets, but you're on your own when it comes to working out what happened back in the dawn of time...

Jolima
08-07-2011, 10:25 PM
Looking through my spreadsheet history I found these older versions:
RPS 'D' League (https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuX1tdfDALOYdE9YRVVuMVNlVV9tbGF3bFNIaVFsd UE&hl=en_US#gid=0) - From when there was only one division.
RPS 4 Divisions of Death (https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0As9yzpT663qkdHl4V1dLRC1sWDhGeTdMNkczZ0x5T 3c&authkey=CK3f9o4H&hl=en_US#gid=3) - Spreadsheet by Ian?
RPS 5 Divisions of Death (https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0As9yzpT663qkdHl4V1dLRC1sWDhGeTdMNkczZ0x5T 3c&authkey=CK3f9o4H&hl=en_US#gid=3) - Spreadsheet by me. Only used for season 3 and preparing for season 4?

ntw
08-07-2011, 10:28 PM
PS - there's a treasure trove of awesome Match Reports buried in the lost city of "OldForum"

imirk
08-07-2011, 10:32 PM
PS - there's a treasure trove of awesome Match Reports buried in the lost city of "OldForum"

Much like Atlantis, it has slipped beneath the waves of time, some remanants survive, adopted by the modern culture, but most rest in their watery grave, awaiting rediscovery by intrepid explorers and those that know where to look.

Right, anyone have a link?

Edit: Found it, http://rockpapershotgun.com/rpsforum/topic.php?id=3773

President Weasel
08-07-2011, 10:37 PM
Seems to be there now - did someone unhide it?

Wasn't there earlier, is there now. Beyond that, who can say?

Jolima
08-07-2011, 10:48 PM
Sleuthing through the threads and the revision history of the 5-divisions sheet, it seems that one was used for season 2 as well, but overwritten for season 3. The end of season 2 seems to be the revision from 9/13/10, 1:19 PM PT if anyone wants to try restoring it somewhere.

imirk
08-07-2011, 11:56 PM
In exploring the depths of the most recently sunk "Old Forum" I think it goes something like this: KG has an 8 team RPS Cup and presumably starts the BB sickness, it spreads via words on a little PC gaming blog named RPS, so named after the Blood Bowl competition. There is then evidence of numerous Proving Leagues (A-H) of these the "D" runs 3 seasons, each won by the Tyrant Coach Ian and his Lizardmen "Only Fools Eat Horses" The D League was then split up into 4 4-team divisions and we got what is properly known as the divisions

Xercies
09-07-2011, 12:05 AM
Thats what i call Journalism!

DarkFenix
09-07-2011, 12:50 AM
And now it's grown into this enormous 14 division behemoth of some 56 players (plus more temporary inactives). All this in about a year.

duff
09-07-2011, 01:16 AM
They are entirely untampered with, I swear it on the tattered shreds of what's left of my honour.

PW, I thought you wanted to play Chaos. It would be a shame if something were to happen to alh_p's team and you got bumpted up on the waiting list. *whistle to self*

LowKey
09-07-2011, 09:30 AM
to the best of my knowledge I have applied for division 5, hopefully I am not an idiot and it has simply not be confirmed as its not up yet

duff
09-07-2011, 01:49 PM
to the best of my knowledge I have applied for division 5, hopefully I am not an idiot and it has simply not be confirmed as its not up yet

It wont be accepted until all the leagues above yours are sorted (makes it easyier to promote people if someone drops out) so don't worry.

Cacamas
09-07-2011, 04:27 PM
Just applied to put my Cheese Dip loving dwarfs up for the slaughter in bashy Division 5.

ntw
09-07-2011, 10:47 PM
Will the real Slim Shady please stand up?

No? Ok, in that case can the following people please get their applications in...
sinisteragent
Daave
TenjouUtena
machinations
elesium
Cwoac
Meatloaf
khryses
McDan
Flanks
Sgt Ragekage
Drake Sigar

Arnisarus
10-07-2011, 01:31 PM
spoken to RageKage and told him to apply as he's a newb :D

Rakysh
10-07-2011, 01:46 PM
Yeah, he posted in the match making thread so he's definitely active.

President Weasel
10-07-2011, 02:17 PM
Daave is dropping out because he is busy (I just talked to him on Steam)

Indefatigible Snoozer
10-07-2011, 02:45 PM
DIVISION C OPENS WITH AN INCONCLUSIVE, BASHY AFFAIR

Dwarven Giants (Indefatigible Snoozer) vs The Jesters of Death (Combat)

With some 280 tv difference between the teams, the Giants started the game loaded with a bribe, an extra reroll and some babes.

The Jesters won the toss and elected to kick - perhaps thinking to rid themselves of the menacing, ominous death roller after the first half. The menacing, ominous death roller turned out to be a non-factor, after a foolish placement let it be 2D'd out by the Jester's Minotaur on the second turn. After that, the Giants were left at a decided disadvantage against the superior strength of the Chaos side. However, judicious use of 1d blocks (and a not insignificant number of 2d against blocks) enabled the Giants to do what they do best - form a giant scrum in the middle of the field and bash bash bash. A risky break down the sideline on turn 5 paid off, allowing the Giants the score on turn 6 (although a dwarf was forced to DODGE to achieve it!).

The remainder of the first half was inconclusive.

The second half - more bash. The Giants planned to prevent the Jesters from scoring. Multiple gang fouls on the Minotaur kept it out of action for several turns, slowing the Jesters attempts to push through the thick pack of dwarf meat. Rants against the whimsy of Nuffle continued from the Jesters coach, as the Giants continued to successfully knock players down with 1 and 2d against blocks. However, the line could not hold, and a beastman ran through for a touch down on turn 14.

The Giants, in typical dwarf fashion, then played for a draw. Which they got. Highlight of the last two turns (for me at least) were two (2!) successful passes by the dwarves for some well (un-?)deserved extra SPP.

Final score, 1-1. GG Combat!

onestepfromlost
10-07-2011, 08:41 PM
oh are we to start the games i thought we were to wait until everyone had applied in case the leagues need rejigged

DarkFenix
10-07-2011, 08:51 PM
The league is carefully being filled from the top down this time, rejigs only affect lower divisions. So as soon as a division is finished and started you can get on with your games.

groovychainsaw
10-07-2011, 08:52 PM
Right, I'm swinging back in, sorry I've been AWOL. It looks like we have quite few missing (and I was so hoping to get going tonight!). We're not starting yet, so day 1 has not commenced. I don't mind people starting their first game if their division has got going, but we've got a fair number of divisions to fill in yet...

ntw has listed the 'missing' above, and that still seems accurate (I'm going to log in and check in a moment...). Daave's dropping out, so all players on the numbers side, be prepared to reapply to higher divisions! It may get even more complex if we don't hear from Sinister Agent and Machinations soon, they've both been a bit poor at keeping in touch (less so sinister, but we haven't heard from machinations for 3 weeks now?) and may also be at risk if we don't hear from them shortly (as usual, I'll try to catch them on steam if possible). But that would mean one missing from 2,3 and 4 if so. Disruptive, but also means we're a little way from having this all finalised!

Elesium, cwoac, meatloaf and khyryses, I'll try to chase you too, but I could do with some of you applying ASAP otherwise we'll have to bump even more up to take your places. Time is running short! New folks in the lowest divisions, I won't be chasing you, as I'm assuming you've forgotten, so if your application doesn't come in, you'll be set adrift ;).

Time is running out! I don't want to drop anyone if I can help it, but we'd also like to get the season going ASAP. You've had nearly a week to apply now, so we'll have to start getting harsh on folks who fail to apply in-game....

/Edit - No sooner do I check, but sinister's snuck in there and applied. Thats div 2 sorted, now to fix my div 3...

sinister agent
10-07-2011, 09:08 PM
Oi, I joined yesterday, you fiend. I DEMAND REPARATIONS.

groovychainsaw
10-07-2011, 09:26 PM
You can have a mouldy sandwich I found on the street outside. It looks Deeee-licious.

In other news, with Daave dropping out, people are getting promoted already! Which is kinda good, but means we need certain folks to reapply for a different division. Which is obviously less good as it hold us up still further.

Sooo, with that in mind, the following people have a 'day 0' promotion!

Potatoedoughnut -up from 4 to 3 (to play me! How fortunate you are!)
Arnisaurus - from 5 to 4
Gorm - from 6 to 5
Duffin, you escape your other rebooters to go from 7 to 6.

If there are further missing people, then others may end up needing to move too, the bottom 3 divisions are looking very shaky at the moment, so don't start organising those games yet!!

Arnisarus
10-07-2011, 10:01 PM
oh cool, i got ragekage to sign up to his div so should be all registered

and ill go move my team

Elesium
11-07-2011, 01:38 AM
I am gunna sit this one out guys, got so much this month I don't have the time. I will be back though and ready to try and not finish last place!

President Weasel
11-07-2011, 01:41 AM
Woo! Division 6 here I come! first promotion for the Rat Badstars and they haven't even played a single game!

Err, I mean, sorry to see you go, hope we see you again next season :)

Gorm
11-07-2011, 03:24 AM
Hmm from Division 8 to Division 5 in one season, i must have played a blinder

potatoedoughnut
11-07-2011, 06:16 AM
Potatoedoughnut -up from 4 to 3 (to play me! How fortunate you are!)

Unfortunately I'm out of town until Tuesday night. Not sure if you want to wait or promote the next person in the line of succession. If you're ok waiting I'll be happy to feed my newbie Necros to your humans (may you choke on their rotting flesh) :D

Daave
11-07-2011, 08:21 AM
Yeah, I've decided to drop out. A little run of bad luck and real-life business are getting in the way. To be honest I've lost my joie de vivre for blood bowl at the moment, I'll still play in the challenge league from time to time and keep my dark elves in case I decide to rejoin.

I've decided that the second RPS cup will start in September, and I'll open up a spreadsheet for sign ups in a week or two. I think the first one was pretty successful and I'm looking forward to testing my mettle once more.

Vexing Vision
11-07-2011, 08:46 AM
Awww, Daave, I specifically designed my team around killing your Dark Elves. Eventually. In five to six seasons.

I'm lacking a goal now!

Khryses
11-07-2011, 11:50 AM
Sorry I'm out this time people - RL is insane as we wind down toward wedding bells (and the sudden increase of work at work isn't helping).

Will look forward to reading up on the general mayhem.

President Weasel
11-07-2011, 11:53 AM
you still owe us your report and saved game for Dwarf Fortress as well, you bludging gullah.

groovychainsaw
11-07-2011, 06:35 PM
Ok, think I got it now - a couple more moves required and we're all set:

Al Hutton, you'll be up to div 5 (sorry PW! Didn't want to unleash al's levelled team on the new guys :-).

PW, can you apply to 8? 8 is the new 7! (ie. for simplicity, we're cutting 7 from this season and using 8 instead)

McDan has missed his chance, and..

Imirk, you're in to div G if you can apply online right away (tonight)

That leaves one spot for a 'filler' team in G. If anyone wants to play a comedy team against the new guys, feel free to apply in here, then in game if you're first ;-)

Rakysh
11-07-2011, 07:05 PM
More orcs, oh god.

imirk
11-07-2011, 07:06 PM
Ahh but they are orcs all named Betty

Will apply this evening (for me)

President Weasel
11-07-2011, 07:39 PM
Dammit! I got demoted before I could play a single game.

laneford
11-07-2011, 08:18 PM
That leaves one spot for a 'filler' team in G. If anyone wants to play a comedy team against the new guys, feel free to apply in here, then in game if you're first ;-)

If no other new people want to, I could probably run two teams for a season or two. It's the summer holidays coming up so I have 6 weeks or so off from next week where I could mess about with vampire/goblin/ogres...

ntw
11-07-2011, 09:07 PM
...Halflings...

Rakysh
11-07-2011, 09:16 PM
Halflings vs Halflings would be a comedy of errors.

ntw
11-07-2011, 09:21 PM
OK, so potatoedoughnut is confirmed for tuesday, therefore AFAICT Div3 is good

currently machinations is holding up the Divs below him slightly - any chance you can get your app in please mate?

ntw
11-07-2011, 09:28 PM
Erm, we seem to have 5 players in DivG. Not quite sure what happened there. Ruling please Mr GC?

groovychainsaw
11-07-2011, 10:40 PM
Drake and flanks have missed out, hence imirk and the laneford wildcard stepping in ;). I think that works? I should have set them to Z, too. I pinged machinations last night and had assumed he'd got the message as he was online, but he never actually replied...(he was playing tf2, so I assumed that was it)

onestepfromlost
11-07-2011, 10:50 PM
Dammit! I got demoted before I could play a single game.

Yeah but this means we can smash each other up! yay

laneford
11-07-2011, 11:09 PM
Drake and flanks have missed out, hence imirk and the laneford wildcard stepping in ;). I think that works? I should have set them to Z, too. I pinged machinations last night and had assumed he'd got the message as he was online, but he never actually replied...(he was playing tf2, so I assumed that was it)

well as long as I'm not nicking someone's place... I'll apply asap.

ntw
11-07-2011, 11:29 PM

yeah, you probably told me that before. :)

Cyborg
12-07-2011, 01:47 AM
I'm waiting for my division to get started. I'm really anxious to get the first game done. Let's go division eight.. we can do this.

Alistair Hutton
12-07-2011, 06:26 AM
Moving to div 5 now.

EDIT: Applied

Rakysh
12-07-2011, 06:36 AM
Ok, the delay in starting so far has meant that my internet-less holiday now overlaps with a whole "day", so I'm having to withdraw until the September DoD. Really sorry, I didn't realise how long it would take to get going.

groovychainsaw
12-07-2011, 09:16 AM
Hi Rakysh, I think, at this point, it would actually be easier if you stayed in! I'm sure we can arrange an extra couple of days to try and squeeze your game in pre or post-holiday, if its just one game 'week' you're missing.

President Weasel
12-07-2011, 09:25 AM
I'm waiting for my division to get started. I'm really anxious to get the first game done. Let's go division eight.. we can do this.

It's the divisions above that are the problem. We're waiting to make sure they all fill up, in case we need to get plugged in to a division above to fill a gap.

Vexing Vision
12-07-2011, 11:07 AM
As Rylon and me are nearing some timing troubles, what's the chance of being able to start Division D tonight so we're able to play our match around 10pm UK time?

All lettered Divisions above are already started, according to the sheet.

DarkFenix
12-07-2011, 11:58 AM
It's potatoedoughnut and cwoac we're waiting on. Potatoe said he'll be on this evening, not sure what's happened to cwoac. Given how long we've already waited I'm thinking we'll have to go on without him tomorrow. This will leave division 8 two short, might need to get out the substitute teams.

Incidentally, your division is still a long way from getting going President Weasel, and your coveted Chaos spot has opened up.

President Weasel
12-07-2011, 12:37 PM
wait, whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat????? There's a chaos spot now???

Stop the bus, if there's a chaos spot going than I am swapping to that and not rat mans.

onestepfromlost
12-07-2011, 01:30 PM
bah, easier for me to squish skaven than chaos, but squish.

Alistair Hutton
12-07-2011, 02:45 PM
Actually, thinking about this, due to my absence for the next few days it would be really super sweet for everyone if I was not shifted any more as I won't have any access to my computer on Thur/Fri/Sat/Sun. But come Tuesday I will be kicking Blood Bowlian Arse.

Rakysh
12-07-2011, 03:24 PM
Ok, I'll do my best to stay in. If necessary I can concede the last one.

groovychainsaw
12-07-2011, 04:29 PM
O/T, but are any of you fine chaps going to the RPS social in London on Saturday? I've enjoyed all my chats with some of you before there, and its always nice to meet a few new faces too. We're not toooo scary in person (although maybe I am later in the evening after BEeeeEER time, I can't tell). Thread here (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?615-The-RPS-Social-Club-London) if you're interested/curious...

onestepfromlost
12-07-2011, 07:34 PM
Studenteternal, I seem to be having difficulty finding you on steam. Think you could add me. onestepfromlost

EDIT: nevermind found you through the rps group duh!

groovychainsaw
12-07-2011, 08:24 PM
Right, all letter leagues have started, and hopefuly potatoedoughnut will be on later. We're just missing cwoac and machinations now from the number leagues. The official start will be from tonight, so we've got 10 days from now to complete our first game. If anyone spots either cwoac or machinations, let them know they're AWOL right now....

Jolima
12-07-2011, 09:23 PM
Got an early start on the league by playing my game against Laneford and got a totally deseved 2-1 win. (One TD involved the ball bouncing right into my hands from a Nurgle cage. (Disturbing presence or not.) The other was on a blitz in turn 16.)

Yep, fully deserved.

President Weasel
12-07-2011, 09:27 PM
Hah, that'll teach him to go round being really unlucky!

imirk
12-07-2011, 10:22 PM
Nuffle's will be done.

potatoedoughnut
12-07-2011, 10:39 PM
Just checking in and confirming I'll reapply my team tonight. Currently sitting in the airport :)

potatoedoughnut
13-07-2011, 04:34 AM
Just got home and applied to Div 3!

groovychainsaw
13-07-2011, 05:24 PM
Right, no machinations or cwoac still as of now (weds afternoon), so I'm afraid they've missed the boat. And I have to get even more creative here :-D.

President Weasel, I believe you said the other night you'd be happy to play 2 teams if needed. I have devised a particularly cruel twist for you! You can have machinations spot in div 4! But you have to leave your chaos team in div 8, and put a different team in div 4. At the end of the season, you can choose which team you want to continue with... (its like some sort of RPG-style choose you own adventure!).
As for cwoac's spot in 6, I'll take any offers right now. I don't want to mess with any divisions with 4 applications already in, so any offers, either a new player or yet another wild card would be appreciated. If not, I'll put a dummy team in there later tonight and we'll get everyone else going. Apologies to folks who've been held up by all this, but I think we're pretty much there now....?

Vexing Vision
13-07-2011, 05:34 PM
I'd volunteer to join some Goblins for a season, but I wouldn't be able to do that before next week.

onestepfromlost
13-07-2011, 05:59 PM
If we are going to sub those two can we fire on with the games then?

President Weasel
13-07-2011, 07:18 PM
Right, no machinations or cwoac still as of now (weds afternoon), so I'm afraid they've missed the boat. And I have to get even more creative here :-D.

President Weasel, I believe you said the other night you'd be happy to play 2 teams if needed. I have devised a particularly cruel twist for you! You can have machinations spot in div 4! But you have to leave your chaos team in div 8, and put a different team in div 4. At the end of the season, you can choose which team you want to continue with... (its like some sort of RPG-style choose you own adventure!).
As for cwoac's spot in 6, I'll take any offers right now. I don't want to mess with any divisions with 4 applications already in, so any offers, either a new player or yet another wild card would be appreciated. If not, I'll put a dummy team in there later tonight and we'll get everyone else going. Apologies to folks who've been held up by all this, but I think we're pretty much there now....?

Done, and done.

edit: wait, does it have to be NOT a chaos team? that's what I applied with, since I figured the too-many-chaos problem would automatically fix itself next season. If it needs to be not chaos, let me know and I will reapply.

Edit the second: OK, here is what I have done.

Division 8: Red Skull Reavers have already applied; accept them and let's get started.

Division 4: I have applied with a Chaos team and with a backup Necro team. If groovy says no to double-the-chaos, double-the-fun then please accept the necro team and let's get started.

Division 6: I am about to apply with a halfling team. Please feel free to accept absolutely anyone else who applies, as I don't really want to juggle three teams in the Divisions. If nobody else does by tomorrow though, accept them and let's get started.

cwoac
13-07-2011, 08:19 PM
Hola people. Apologies for my absence - I lost internet access due to being out of the country for a fortnight at somewhat short notice. I see I've been zombied. Quite reasonable - sorry for the hold up, I'll be back next month though...

President Weasel
13-07-2011, 08:22 PM
Have you got internet access again? If so you should apply to Division 6, since unless a new player shows up we'd just have to put somebody's second team in there (although I will be said not to give the Tiny Soviet Heroes a run out, maybe I'll put them in the challenge league)

groovychainsaw
13-07-2011, 09:09 PM
Hi cwoac, you've got a place if you apply RIGHT NOW! ;-)

If not, we have a man standing nearby waiting to fill in. All the other number divisions are GOGOGO! (Just check i haven't messed up the fixtures, but I think they should be ok). Get match organising guys! 6 will be going by later tonight. At which point i will have a large brandy and forget about promotions until the end of the season....

cwoac
13-07-2011, 09:26 PM
Have you got internet access again? If so you should apply to Division 6, since unless a new player shows up we'd just have to put somebody's second team in there (although I will be said not to give the Tiny Soviet Heroes a run out, maybe I'll put them in the challenge league)

team applied. Hope that was in time. Thanks for keeping it open so long guys

Rakysh
13-07-2011, 10:20 PM
Me and rage got through to turn 10 or something and then the connection died. Which is a shame, because I was about to score. We can reschedule though.

Sgt.Ragekage
13-07-2011, 10:20 PM
rakysh and i played half a game tonight then BB farted and died. Were reorganising it for later in the week.

About to score!!!! only if your treeman wasnt looking and the halfling had lube and a stepladder....

groovychainsaw
13-07-2011, 11:07 PM
Season 6 is go! All divisions are GO!!! Organise your week 1 matches, week 1 ends in 9 days, next friday!!!

Now where's that medicinal alcohol...

ntw
13-07-2011, 11:46 PM
<snip>...About to score!!!! only if your treeman wasnt looking and the halfling had lube and a stepladder....

:D

Also, cwoac PM-ed me earlier but it looks like it's all sorted now

President Weasel
14-07-2011, 12:07 AM
If any admin can see, and comprehensively reject, the application from the Tiny Soviet Heroes, that would be grand. They're lost in some Cynanide interface limbo - I can't apply to the challenge league with them so they're not an unregistered, but I can't see them as a "registered team" for division 6 (which is how applications that weren't accepted usually appear).

Jolima
14-07-2011, 01:02 AM
I can see them but can't reject them because "applications are not accepted". I guess applications can't be removed when a season is running...

groovychainsaw
14-07-2011, 10:25 AM
Me (The 4 Colour Villains - Humans) and Phill (Prefistoric - Lizardmen) played last night in the opening game of division 3, and it was a genuine game of 2 halves, that, by all rights, I probably shouldn't have won. It was fairly busy, so some of these details are a bit hazy, too.

I decided to be cagey, didn't spend much cash before the game, bought another catcher (Harley Quinn), and went in with 180k in inducements (with 140k left in the bank). I figured I was going to get stuck in a lot, and against 6 saurii and a krox, that meant another apothecary and a bloodweiser babe for me (which turned out to be a brilliant idea).

I received the first kick, caged around the ball, hit with Galactus (my Ogre) on the line, double skulls, lonered the reroll. Excellent start. Phill tries to break into the cage and begins bashing. I get the ball out, but it's fraught, and after a couple more turns of bashing, I've suffered 2 injuries already (one apo'd to badly hurt, one serious concussion for The Penguin as I was saving my last apothecary!). I try to break away, only in range of the skinks. This backfires when the skinks knock my ball-carrier down in their half, and move the ball back towards me. I get another pair of injuries, another one apo'd to badly hurt, but I'm stuck with no apothecary now. Knowing the skinks are in range of my half, i go for the ball, but further pushes means I'm nowhere near. A pass/catch and a TD gets run in. My KO'd player gets up and my apo'd injuries return, so not looking too bad yet, only 2 off the pitch leaving me just one man down. No injuries or KO's for Phill yet.

Second half opens with me kicking off, and what is starting to feel like a looong game for me. Bashing skinks hasn't got me very far (damned dodge!) and the saurus are their usual implacable selves. The amount of block there hasn't helped, either. Meanwhile, my guys are getting knocked down at every opportunity. I get a slight break at kickoff, when fans throw rocks at the two of us. I lose Dr. Doom (a blitzer) to a KO, but phill loses a saurus to a gouged eye. Phill catches the ball and brings it to the line in a cage after some more bashing. Galactus is on the corner, but boneheads out so can't break in. I do my best to lock the cage down, which works reasonably well. I've held the line so far....

More bashing from Phill fails to get the cage free, and Galactus gets a second shot at knocking the krox down, which he does. A hit from in front KO's a saurus, leaving phill down to 4. I get into the cage and hit the skink, scattering the ball free. Harley Quinn picks up, but there's no-where very safe. She moves across my line next to Galactus. Phill then proceeds to put 4 skinks on Harley and tries to bash his lizards free (who are fairly well tied up). I get my opportunity - I bash a skink with Galactus, chain pushing Harley to the edge of the skink cage that has formed around her. One dodge and she's hoofing it upfield, where there waits Bane (a blitzer) who's been lurking 7 squares from the endzone. One pass and catch and a simple run-in, turn 11 or 12 (i think?).

So another kickoff to phill, this time he fails the pickup and I go dashing upfield. I can't get pressure on the ball though, and bashing one skink proves fruitless (I did knock him down, but clearly those skinks had had their weetabix today). I've over-committed, and the following turn, phill makes the pickup and runs downfield. He gets his lizards over there and its looking tight. I run back downfield, leaving a catcher in range of the line. Its turn 14 now, and I've only got a skeleton defence (not an undead one, unfortunately, as that would have been preferable to my 3 players). I know Phill will score if he breaks free. I lock up as many lizards as possible, and throw a blitzer into the cage, occupying one corner. I get bashed in return, but the fateful moment occurs. The ball carrier fails his dodge to escape and drops the ball!

This is turn 15, the only players Phill has left in range are saurii, so its looking like a draw is inevitable (aside from some Saurus catching heroics). My turn, I bash to try and make space, get some pushes and knockdown some skinks. I then decide to just try and get the ball out of there. I dodge past his Krox with Professor Zoom (my wrestling catcher), pick up the ball, make a short pass over to a lineman. He then runs upfield, completes a handoff to my waiting Harley Quinn. Who then runs it in for a touchdown! Some excellent elf-ball there. I suspect at this point Phill might have had an embolism. His rage was justified, as the game was clearly his for the taking, and that one failed dodge, followed by a succession of 4+ rolls successfully made by me had turned the game from a 2-1 win into a 2-1 defeat for him.

SO, as I said, a game of 2 halves, with all of the touchdowns being defensive touchdowns, my received kick in the first half leading to some poor dice rolls and numerous injuries for myself, and the second half leading to missing players for Phill and a couple of hideous dice rolls when he needed just average, really. My humans continue to prove adept at stealing games out from under people, possibly as I play them like skaven at the moment, and this seems to agree with them. My team wasn't as resilient as it has been in the past, and I was thankful for picking up 'repair' inducements to keep me in this game. After the game, I still had lots of cash, so decided to fire The Penguin, who'd picked up a serious concussion (and his 'umbrella attack' had seen him get 0SPPs so far :-D) and replace him with Mr. Freeze. I picked up a 3rd catcher (Baron Blitzkrieg) and yet another spare lineman to get my roster to 14 players, with one MNG. The ogre got his second MVP, his first level, and gained Guard (I was praying for doubles, but not today).

Phill Cameron
14-07-2011, 01:57 PM
Grumble grumble grumble grumble grumble.

unitled
14-07-2011, 10:51 PM
Jarvis and I have played our day 1 game today, a really well balanced and even match. Ended up 2-2. No need for the acid bricks, I've updated the spreadsheet.

Great fun Jarvis, thanks for the game!

Xercies
15-07-2011, 08:00 PM
Tried to play me and Smaug81s game but it disconnected at Turn 4 and seems to have scored Smaug with a 2-1. If admins could fix this and we could try again tommorow.

Jolima
15-07-2011, 08:13 PM
I've reset it. Btw, please include the division number when asking for admin assistance, otherwise we have to look it up ourselves.

President Weasel
15-07-2011, 08:54 PM
My Necro team got beaten 2-0 by Arni. I couldn't get a pickup roll or a decent block dice, and Arni could.

Arnisarus
15-07-2011, 08:57 PM
defo, pres got about 3 good rolls all night... only for him the rolls werent good as those were the times he needed push

every other roll was just push

is anyone around at the moment that can validate the game ?

Jolima
15-07-2011, 09:07 PM
Validated.

Arnisarus
15-07-2011, 09:08 PM
cheers dude :P

President Weasel
15-07-2011, 09:31 PM
Bah, stupid no good useless undead mans. I am glad I will be playing my chaos mans team in future and not them.
Arni played a good game though, can't take that away from him.

Jarvis
15-07-2011, 10:38 PM
Could untitled and myself get our game validated as well please.

Cheers.

Jolima
15-07-2011, 10:58 PM
Validated that one too.

imirk
16-07-2011, 03:19 PM
0-1 to Ogre the Moon, in a brutal brutal match, apparently mighty blow breaks AV9 and killed my runner. The first hint of the injury dice being out to kill was laneford losing a snotling on the blitz before turn 1

onestepfromlost
16-07-2011, 07:04 PM
So me and StudentEternal had our face off, His Ratmen couldnt stand up against teh might of my Undead forces and his men spent a lot of the time on the ground, a few really unlucky rolls ended up with me beating him 2-1. Next time ill try a better match report :P

EDIT: ok i think i updated the spreadsheet as well since Im new can someone check ive done it.

smaug81
16-07-2011, 09:43 PM
Xercies and I just finished our Div E match, which ended 2-1 to me. Poor man, I suspect he may be slightly disgusted with the results, and not without reason.

The match started out well for Xer, with a nicely executed TD that managed to eat up a good 4 or 5 turns, leaving me without enough time to equalize, and thus dashing my hopes for a standard 2-1 grind. Several early KO's were recovered for the second half, and as I prepared to receive Xer still had a nearly full team. This is where things started to go bad.

The second half kick-off resulted in a touchback and several players stunned on both sides due to thrown rocks. I placed the ball in the hands of a 'zerker near the scrimmage line, and proceeded to cage up and grind my own way down the field fairly rapidly, exploiting some holes in the defense left by the rock throwing. All the while, I was debating whether to delay scoring and settle for the tie, or take the risk of giving the elves another chance to score and hope for a lucky defensive TD. Ultimately, Xer forced my hand by putting pressure on my cage near the endzone. Sadly, I can't say this turned out well for him, though, as the resulting melee saw several elves taken out of the game, one with a smashed collar bone (which the incompetent apothecary only rerolled to dead). I took the TD with ~4 turns left in the match.

More elf KO's recovered, leaving Xer with ~8 players on the field, if I recall correctly. I aimed for a short kick to the weak right sideline (thank god I have a kicker), but no lucky blitz, and the ball bounced deeper than I'd have liked. Still, the shortage of elf players on the field ended up telling in my favor, with Xer not being able to defend his ball carrier quite as well as he'd have liked. A desperate one-die blitz on the ball carrier with a 'zerker resulted in a push for the first hit, but the subsequent 2 against block rolled double defender down. The ball bounced a few squares, subsequent attempts to pick it up by the elves resulted in more bouncing, and improbably a nearby ulfwerener managed to catch the bouncing ball. I proceeded to knock as many of the remaining elves down as possible to give my ulfy room to run, which resulted in one poor elf dead and bleeding on the field. Too few elves remained standing next turn to take a shot at the ulfwerener, who walked the ball the remaining two squares into the endzone next turn, leaving Xer with only one turn to attempt a response.

A riot at the kickoff resulted in the clock moving back a turn, and Xer made a valiant attempt to get the ball downfield with his few remaining players, but ultimately it was not to be.

A good game all around, even though the dice were rather lopsided in my favor as the game progressed. My thanks to Xercies for a thoroughly enjoyable match, and my condolences for the damage I did. No doubt karma will come around to bite me in the rear, and my Norse will feel similar pain in the future.

Xercies
16-07-2011, 11:11 PM
Typical of the apothecary, you wait for the moment your supposed to use it because your up against a bashy team and KOs are not that lethal while strength down is and what happens, it bloody fails! And then later on one of your guys gets killed.

Good game though.

cwoac
17-07-2011, 12:09 PM
I have never seen so many double attacked downs rolled in a match before. Nor have I seen skinks injure a wolf either. Still, by hook or by crook, my first online victory! 3-0 vs meatloaf's lizards. Quite why I ended up playing a running game against lizards while they attempted to beat me up I'm not sure, but it seemed to work. Absolutely spiffing game.

LowKey
17-07-2011, 01:00 PM
just took a hammering from Cacamas' dwarfs 1-0, spreadsheet updated etc, my mouth is full of bitterness so no tale will be told

Cacamas
17-07-2011, 01:03 PM
Division 5 report: Cheese Dip Chompers vs The Easy Dead
Result: 1-0

A good game with LowKey making things hard for me all the way but the dwarfs managed to edge it. It was an extremely bashy game, as you might imagine with Dwarfs vs Undead. The only TD came early on, my runner finding a gap in the defensive line and falling over like a sack of spuds when GFI-ing. Luckily, too many of the shambling wrecks were too far away, I was able to recover and run over for the TD. After that, there was a lot of hitting. And more hitting. And an extra amount of hitting, to round things off. But the Dwarfs stood firm before two Undead drives, managing to sack the ball carrier twice but unable to get down again for another TD. Also, nobody died, which broke the unwelcome habit of my previous season. In fact, LowKey's corpses were particularly toothless, with not even a single KO or casualty the entire match, whereas my dwarfs got a respectable 4 casualties (2 dead). This is where LowKey's bitterness lies, I imagine :)

Overall, very enjoyable, but I would say that, wouldn't I?

mootpoint
17-07-2011, 03:55 PM
Division F: Fly Soup vs Midsummer Munchers 1 -0

In a game where I quickly realised that throwing Halflings around is pretty much impossible when faced with the stink of a couple of Nurgle Warriors. The first touchdown came in the last possible moment of the first half, after the third fumbled throw in a row got the ball into the hands of a Beastman. By some impossible stroke of luck the Munchers managed to keep the second one from happening, despite losing a Treeman in the first turn of the second half and the second one spending most of the time on his back. The chef we brought did a good job!

MadDave123
17-07-2011, 04:06 PM
Today my very stinky Nurgle team played Mootpoint's band of stunty-dodging Halflings. End result? Read on...

190k of inducements bought the halflings some blooweiser babes and a chef; who then proceeded to steal both of my re-rolls. After finding out just how tough two treemen on the line can be (even when you have a beast and a few warriors) and then rolling 3 double attacker downs after a few turns, I was beginning to lose hope.

Nuffle graciously brought some balance back to the dice and caused a few fumbles in the halflings' cage. Which I then exploited with a pestigor who managed to run the ball deep into their half. Some scary warriors marking potential threats, and an unlucky attempt to blitz out of a tackle zone left me free to score a TD at the end of the 1st half.

The second half was a lot less ball and a lot more bash. After receiving the ball and caging up, I got a lucky injury on one of the treemen which made things a lot easier to control in the centre of the pitch (I say easier, I still had a beast, warrior, rotter and pestigor commited to the 2nd treeman).

The halflings made long lines across the wings of the pitch meaning my cage couldn't really advance. But after some ducking around I made a push up the left wing. Didn't get too far before the halflings had moved over and denied me access. A possible opening and subsequent TD was denied when my beast failed a stupidity re-roll. Lots more bashing ensued and a few more halflings fell to injuries.

Mootpoint had a turnover caused by a mis-click unfortunately, and with only a few turn left I decided to take a risk. My pestigor made a break from the cage and was instantly tripped by a tackling stunty halfling, throwing the ball into the middle of the action. Could the halflings get the ball around the crowded centre-pitch and score?

Interestingly, they cleaved a path through my team down the centre of the field, emerging just outside of the large bundle of bodies. Still it would take a few passes and a lot of GFI rolls to make it to the line. But it was not to be, as a quick block from the Nurgley folks knocked the ball back into the middle of the pitch where it was destined to stay.

Nurgle 1 - 0 Halflings

A very enjoyable game. Thanks Mootpoint.

President Weasel
17-07-2011, 04:50 PM
Division 8 (The Basement of Blood)
Red Skull Reavers (chaos mans, President Weasel) vs Forest For The Trees (squeaky wood elves, Cyborg)

Two brand new teams. Elves vs Chaos mans. I had gone with what is probably the standard chaos setup - 7 beastmen and 4 chaos warriors, leaving me enough cash for 3 rerolls.
Cyborg had bravely taken no rerolls, and used the cash to get a positional-heavy team - 2 wardancers, a couple of catchers and throwers and a tree. No apothecary either.

In turn 1 I stamped upon his tree and it was carried from the pitch badly hurt. The ref noticed nothing; possibly his view was hidden by the massed assisting bodies of half my team.

in turn 3 I broke a wardancer's leg (one of my beastmen was carried off unconscious too)

in turn 4, a linelf's ankle snapped and the second wardancer was KO'd

in turns 5 to 7 I stalled in the corner and got a lot of pushes. Somewhere in there a catcher got knocked out

In turn 8 I scored a touchdown. The catcher and the KO'd beastman woke up, the wardancer stayed unconscious, and the two wounded elves and one wounded tree stayed wounded.

Then it started to rain.

Half time, and the KO'd wardancer was still unconscious. 11 chaos mans lined up against 7 brave, but foolishly misguided elves. They should have stayed in their nests today (elves have nests, right?)

The rain stopped (must have just been a light shower), but cyborg's first move was to pass and even without the rain it squirted from his thrower's hands. Turnover, and the chaos mans moved to cover the ball. I was quite surprised to actually pick it up, and wasn't able to cage the ball carrier.

Turn 10 and cyborg knocked down the ball carrier with a one dice block. I moved to get it back, but rerolled both down/both down to push/push. I could have had another two dice block on the ball carrier, but decided to surf another elf first. It came up both down/both down.

Cyborg dodged and passed, but to an elf who had already moved. He was still in blitz range, so I duly blitzed him, but failed to pick up the loose ball. There was at least one chaos man marking every elf by this point, and a couple of chaos mans over the ball.

Turn 12, and cyborg failed a dodge trying to get to the ball. I surfed, and hurt, a catcher. I knocked over all the elves but one (it took 4 2 dice blocks to do for the thrower), scooped the ball, and ran out of range of all the elves.

13. Cyborg gets an elf next to my ball carrier with 2 go for its but doesnt have the range to blitz him. I knock him down, but cant get over the line without a go for it, and I have no rerolls left. Nuffle lives for these moments, so I choose not to try the go for it. I can't cage, but position my players so he'd have to make several dodges and go for its to even get a 2 dice against block. I KO a thrower.

Cyborg hits end turn. I run in the touchdown in turn 14.

The KO'd thrower wakes up. The wardancer doesn't. It is 11 against 6. Cyborgs first one dice hit comes up both down/both down. I surf a catcher into the crowd (and afterwards I explain that it is a bad idea to set them up on the edge of the pitch... a better human being would have explained before)

A couple of dodges lets cyborg pass to an unmarked player, but he has moved already and it is turn 16. And he is standing on the edge of the pitch, so I blitz him off. I am a bad man.

I have a chaos warrior with 4 SPP from injuries, so I try a pickup and a pass - it works!

The game ends 2-0 to the forces of chaos. Thanks for the game, Cyborg.

The game decided that my most valuable player wasn't the chaos warrior with two injuries and a pass, but instead an entirely different one. My chaos team is still entirely skill free, but luckily they make up for it with sheer malice.
I rerolled my winnings to get 50,000 GP. 50,000 - do you hear me, winnings bug? you owe me an apoc, I better see that money!

drawlien
17-07-2011, 04:53 PM
I just played HughTower in the 1st division. It looked like he would run-away with it to begin with as his woodelves did what they do best and got a 3rd turn defensive TD. Fortunately I slowly whittled away his players and managed to pull it back to a 2-2 draw by scoring in the last turn of the match when the Woodies were down to only a rooted Tree on the pitch. It was a good close game and I was especially pleased to cause a serious concussion to the freak of nature wardancer Pat Benatar (I think that foul was the turning point in the match, though there was a pass to take the woodies 3-1 up which was double-oned which was rather important too)!

Thanks to HughTower for the game.

President Weasel
17-07-2011, 05:03 PM
So me and StudentEternal had our face off, His Ratmen couldnt stand up against teh might of my Undead forces and his men spent a lot of the time on the ground, a few really unlucky rolls ended up with me beating him 2-1. Next time ill try a better match report :P

EDIT: ok i think i updated the spreadsheet as well since Im new can someone check ive done it.

Congrats mate, first ever game in the Divisions and it's a win! Either you updated the sheet properly or someone came along and fixed it behind you, because it's right.

Pat Benatar is a terrifying freak Drawlien, you're not wrong.

HughTower
17-07-2011, 05:58 PM
I just played HughTower in the 1st division. It looked like he would run-away with it to begin with as his woodelves did what they do best and got a 3rd turn defensive TD. Fortunately I slowly whittled away his players and managed to pull it back to a 2-2 draw by scoring in the last turn of the match when the Woodies were down to only a rooted Tree on the pitch. It was a good close game and I was especially pleased to cause a serious concussion to the freak of nature wardancer Pat Benatar (I think that foul was the turning point in the match).

Thanks to HughTower for the game.

Yeah, that was big especially as I meant to blitz with her so I could move her out of harm's way. She's now a very vulnerable AV6, the poor scantily clad love.

The turning point for me was the failed TD pass in the second half. Not making it - aside from not taking a 3-1 lead - left a lot of my team in contact with yours and you were able to thin the ranks so I couldn't mount any sort of defence.

It was a great game though, only marred by your Turn button fail, but you've definitely had the better of me this weekend. Here's hoping Kara's geckoes give your TGs something to think about in game 2...

onestepfromlost
17-07-2011, 06:34 PM
Does the league admin need to update the actual results before our teams get their ssp and stuff then?

HughTower
17-07-2011, 06:46 PM
Does the league admin need to update the actual results before our teams get their ssp and stuff then?

Correct. You're at the whim of the Overlords and, my, they are awfully whimsical.

karandraz
17-07-2011, 07:03 PM
Yeah, that was big especially as I meant to blitz with her so I could move her out of harm's way. She's now a very vulnerable AV6, the poor scantily clad love.

The turning point for me was the failed TD pass in the second half. Not making it - aside from not taking a 3-1 lead - left a lot of my team in contact with yours and you were able to thin the ranks so I couldn't mount any sort of defence.

It was a great game though, only marred by your Turn button fail, but you've definitely had the better of me this weekend. Here's hoping Kara's geckoes give your TGs something to think about in game 2...

I am going to give it my best shot hugh!

Jolima
17-07-2011, 07:57 PM
Validated 5 matches.

President Weasel
17-07-2011, 08:47 PM
Validated 5 matches.

And the winnings bug stole 20,000 of my hard earned gold. No apoc for me, dammit.

KayD
18-07-2011, 12:44 AM
Ninjas Rats vs KayDs Rats :)

4-2 to me I'm happy to say. Have put it in the spreadsheet and will do a proper write up tomorrow.

Thanks for the game Ninja was very close up till the last!

groovychainsaw
18-07-2011, 09:37 AM
A FRIENDLY REMINDER!!

Week 1 ends officially on Friday night chaps, you're supposed to get your games done by then. As far as I can see, we're halfway through the fixtures so far (and I'm assuming everyone has put their results in the spreadsheet. I mean, noone WANTS the brick treatment, do they?), so there's a good number of games left to play before Friday. Keep organising if you haven't already, remember to put something in the match organising thread (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?44-RPS-Blood-Bowl-Divisions-of-Death-Match-Organising), so if your opponent is a no-show, you'll get the win (and lots of cash and SPPs!). If there's no post from either of you in there, it'll be defaulted to a draw, so it's in your interest to post in there!

/END OF FRIENDLY REMINDER

mootpoint
18-07-2011, 09:58 AM
A very enjoyable game. Thanks Mootpoint.
Thank you Dave! Agreed, I received a phone call right at the end of the game, but was so full of adrenaline that I couldn't concentrate for a second on what the caller said. Haven't felt that since my Quake days :)

As I've said earlier I'm heading out on vacation now, I'll be back sometime before the 1:st of August, if Copper8642 has the patience to wait for my return I'll be happy to play him/her as soon as I'm back but my game against DarkFenix will have to be defaulted I guess :( Have a good round people! (Cross posting this in the match organising thread as well)

JayTee
18-07-2011, 10:01 PM
Dead Comic Society (Khe) vs. Monopole Magnates (Liz)

1 - 1

Instant rematch for me against Jiiiiim since we both jumped into Division 2 from last season and I was hoping to do a little better this time, and generally have a bit more of an exciting match since in the last one nothing much really happened.

Frankly I didn't deserve a draw. Jiiiim should have won that 2-0, but his skinks refused to pick up the ball in the first half so despite clearly having control of my half of the pitch, just couldn't complete the TD and spent 3 turns within spitting distance of the line before the whistle went to the first half which ended 0-0. My chronic inability to bash anything left the Magnates largely intact so his touchdown in the second half went in very nicely with I think 4 turns left on the clock.

Managed to shamble the cage up into bashing range and a very unlucky 2D Block against a Blitz-Ra with a rookie Saurus on Jiiiiim's first action of turn 14(?) left an opportunity to break through the lines after re-rolling to BD/AD. I then promptly misclicked End Turn after only doing a handful of moves so breakthrough was far from certain. Managed to just squeeze the Thro-Ra carrier through though had to risk a GFI and leave him standing on the sideline screaming out for a crowd-surf. Jiiiiim managed to get a Saurus into bashing range and Nuffle deserted him, despite needing anything other than AD or BD and using a re-roll, the Saurus ends up getting BD/AD and the two players with Block stand.

With a last-minute scramble to pop the ball carrier free, which just succeeds (And causes only the 2nd Skink cas of the match, a Badly Hurt) I'm left with a 5+ and a 4+ dodge to level the score in turn 16. Re-roll burned on the first dodge, and somehow the Throw-Ra manages the second dodge and runs in the TD to close the match.

More enjoyable match than last time as stuff actually happened in this one, but luck was pretty much the only reason I salvaged a draw. My Khemri seem completely inept at actually causing anything more than Pushes, and equally seem to fall over with a stiff breeze but somehow Nuffle smiles on them from time to time and they pull off something ridiculous. Stupid MVP on my Wrestle Skeleton again, my TGs are doomed to be rookies forever :(

Fingers crossed Jiiiim's Saurus cause a bazillion deaths to the undead as a 300+TV difference is not something I'm looking forward to...

Sgt.Ragekage
18-07-2011, 10:15 PM
PotHolers vs Ragecakes

0-3

Attempt 2

This was a bit last minute tonight, didnt really have time to set up and take notes etc.
As much as i can remember the first roll of the game was a big Enty looking tree-halfling hitting my BO and him now missing the next game.

After that nuffle laughed his tits off, spit into the halfing master chefs porridge and jinxed every dice roll/dodge/pick up/nosepick that rakysh tried.

Ball only got into my half once, carried in by a halfing tryin to fly, landing fine then falling over with his GFI! hehe.

Really enjoyable this game. Great start to the season. Looking forward to more. ive updated the spreadsheet.

Thanks for the great crack during the game/s rakysh ;)

Jolima
18-07-2011, 10:30 PM
I went through and validated 4 more matches.

Rylon
18-07-2011, 11:21 PM
Vex and I just battled out to a 1-1 draw which could have gotten way uglier for me if it wasn't for the rain that slowed down the amazons. Great game though

Vexing Vision
18-07-2011, 11:25 PM
Rylon's Nurgles vs Vex' Amazons.

Two things happened during this game: Rain and Smells. The Fluists decided to kick off in the rain, and the Amazons walked over to the Touchdownline in a lazy cage, confident in the - justified - knowledge that the Nurglings wouldn't be able to knock them over, scoring a confident Turn 4 touchdown with their thrower. 1-0 for the Sirens.

A half-hearted attempt to equalize was stopped, with the ball landing in the crowd. Enthusiastic fans throw the ball to the feet of Xanthia Skinkslayer, one of the two spearwomen who stand unchallenged less than three squares from the enemy zone. She and her sister Antianara - who previously spent a lot of intimate time with the Nurgling Beast's tentacles - have two turns in which to pick up the ball and walk in a second touchdown. Alas, rain.

A confident kick to Nurgle turns into a slippery thing as it still rains, and lands in the crowd. The Nurglings hand the ball to their lonely Pestigor, who spends the next 8 turns being pushed around constantly but rather inefficiently by the spearsisters, and finally breaks free in Turn 16 to score the equalizer.

The Amazons line up for a last revenge push... and the sky clears up just in time to finalize the 1-1 score with no injuries on either side.

Jiiiiim
19-07-2011, 07:32 AM
The first quad skulls was my fault as I had two choices there: knock back the skelly and continue the containment policy that had been pretty successful at holding back the Khemri hordes, or knock back the skelly to open up a gap to blitz the ball carrier. In the first case I could have used the block saurus and the quad skulls wouldn't have mattered quite so much, but the only way I could make the gap was with my +strength saurus. Took a relative risk, paid a price.

The second quad skulls was just annoying though ¨_¨

Jiiiiim
19-07-2011, 07:39 AM
Alright here's a question for you all. The skink that levelled up got double 6. Four options: Take the extra strength to make "skink as strong as a man". Take guard because I have none of it at the moment, take block to make him a proper ball carrier, or take wrestle to make him a proper long-range blitzer.

Decisions, decisions

Jarvis
19-07-2011, 08:17 AM
The block and strength options won't make up for him being a skink, wrestle might be worthwhile but guard will be best since you'll not find a player in any team better at puting that guard exactly where you need it.

ntw
19-07-2011, 10:31 AM
Team Pathogenic (ntw, Nurgle) vs Longus Barba (mrpier, Dwarf)

Coming into the match with a 300TV disadvantage, I hired a new Pestigor and spent a levelup on Claw for one of my Nurgle Warriors to open up those pesky Dwarves in their tin cans. Incentive money went on a reroll (to bring me up to 4) and a bribe, the theory being that my Dirty Player/Sneaky Git Rotter gets sent off EVERY SINGLE MATCH without actually achieving much and this'd be a good time for him to hang around a bit longer and actually be useful.

Stunties kick, the ball goes out of bounds and I give it to a Warrior at the right end of the line. TP fail to make much progress while a wall of dwarves close in, I spot a chance and try to arrange a few blocks to handoff to my +1MV Pestigor and switch the play to the unguarded left side of the field, but all the blocks fail and LB manage to knock the ball loose. The half fizzles out with some bashing around the ball. The highpoint for TP was a span of 2 turns when we managed to get our FIRST EVER defector by (iirc) the Clawed Warrior killing mrpiers star Troll Slayer (Dead, apo-ed to Dead) and the crowd showed their appreciation by killing a runner shoved into the crowd the very next turn.

Half Time
Team Pestilence 0-0 Longus Barba
Second half and the Deathroller comes out, the crowd clearly like the Deathroller and clear him a path by chucking rocks at the Warrior in his way. The dwarves steadily push down TP's right flank, tie up all the defenders then the ball carrying runner breaks through. Some clever (and lucky) blocking frees a Pestigor who manages to blitz down the Runner, I manage to get my +1MV Pestigor to pickup the ball and again push down the unguarded left flank of LB. Some good (and lucky) dwarven moves apply pressure to the carrier but TP manage to get him safe 1 turn away from the endzone. A Dwarven Blitzer manages to get to his feet, Dodge away from the Warrior marking him, make 2 GFIs to reach the carrier, roll a POW on a 1D blitz (the only result which would have worked) to take down the carrier, AND then break the armour to inflict a stun. ANY other roll on any of those dice would have virtually guaranteed a TD for TP. The Nurglers desperately rush players in to try and recover the ball but LB are able to control the area (an early block with AD/AD rerolled to AD/BD didn't help) and make a last ditch effort to score. A Blitzer picks up the ball, runs across field and hands off to a nearby runner who is perfectly placed to run up the pitch, attempt a short pass to a dwarf waiting to score. Unfortunately for mrpier one of my Warriors was nearby at the handoff stage and his Disturbing Presence caused the move to fail.

Final Score
Team Pestilence 0-0 Longus Barba

A draw was probably the fairest result. Both teams had flashes of brilliance (and luck), both coaches made mistakes (none game-losing or winning though) and both suffered unfortunate rerolls which only served to make Nuffle chuckle maliciously.

My nasty Rotter (Dirty Player/Sneaky Git) picked up a MNG & -1MV injury, but I killed (and recruited!) mrpiers star Troll Slayer and also killed one of his Runners to compensate. The time spent preparing for the match by hiring a make-up artist to fugly-ify my Nurglers and then spraying them all with manure paid off as Longus Barba failed more Foul Appearance rolls in a single match than I have seen failed in the entire cumulative career of Team Pestilence.

Cheers for an exciting, sporting game mrpier :)

Jolima
19-07-2011, 10:46 AM
I wouldn't consider block or wrestle, but both guard and strength are tempting. Strength will be an always available 1D against a cage while guard can do the same for another skink. Guard is far easier to get on another of course and if you do they combine well for a 2D block in most cases.

(That's risking the skinks every time of course, maybe there's a reason my skinks tend to be carried off field in droves when I play Lizardmen.)

duff
19-07-2011, 11:12 AM
I'd almost certainly take the str. It will benefit you in most situations. If you manage to break through and they only have one player in blitz range then suddenly your odds of scoring increase massively, from a 2d block against to a 1d block. Thats better odds than a 2d block against even if you do have blodge (+ they might have wrestle anyway).

On defense the extra str means you can pretty much get a 1d block on anyone who breaks through your lines, and a 2d block with only one skink assist. Also you can turn this skink into a pure defender with diving tackle and sidestep. With 3 str you can comfortably park him next to elf receivers without worrying about receiving a 2d block in return.

groovychainsaw
19-07-2011, 11:47 AM
The str could make an amusingly effective cage breaker. Put a man on each corner, then dodge the skink in (reliably, abusing stunty!), then you get a guaranteed 1 dice hit against any str3 carrier... pretty handy for a lizard team I reckon. Not to mention if you give him the ball, he'll be that much harder to take down in a cage of lizards or out in the open than usual. And there's the defensive options that duffin mentioned. He would have a big 'kill me' target on his head, but all skinks do anyway, no change there. I'm pretty sure that's what I would go for.

Alistair Hutton
19-07-2011, 01:24 PM
Lahmian Ladykillers (Gorm) 0
Altdorf Army XI (Alistair Hutton) 2

So the regimental team is back on the march after taking a month off to rest and recuperate after several seasons of hard fighting. Coming up against a new foe in Vampires. Cavalier, free wheeling Vampires. The game started with the Lahmian Ladykillers punching a hole down the right flank. Running a vampire deep as a threat (a couple of squares from the end zone), the Altdorf Army faling to get its blocking patterns correct and leaving a vampire standing inside their half (but with 3 tackle zones on him).

Tackle Zones? What are these pathetic TZs you speak off? Gorm charged his ball carrier out of the backfield, passed to the covered vampire, you leaped out of the pocket and handed off to the vampire near the end zone, woh promptly blood lusted without a thrall in sight. The ball went into the corwd and was thrown to the Lamarian left flank where there were more humans than foul undead and their servants.

I would just like to emphasise who fuck awesome that attempted TD was. It was fuck awesome.

The humans caged up and then felt lucky as Gorm didn't use his fireball on a perfect cross formation. A few turns of standard play managed to drag the cage down the pitch and run a player in for the TD. The rest of the half ended without much of note occuring.

In the second half things started badly for Altdorf when they ignored the ball and instead went for some steady blocking, steady up until the point where the Ogre 3d blocked for BD/BD/AD and obviously failed the re-roll. Fortunately the best LL could do was get a tackle zone on the thrower who dodged out, collected the ball, flicked a short pass to the catcher who raced towards midway and the safety of his team-mates.

A tiny cage-ette was formed around him but with a gap and a lightning bolt smashed him to the ground and a Vampire scooped in, scooped up the ball and snapped of a pass cross pitch, which was intecepted directly in midfield by a human Blitzer. The crowd goes wild. Wild I tell you.

Well - I did.

It was then that the lashings of guard really told is it developed into a melee in the middle and there was nly going to be one winner between a relitively fresh team and a team with Guard coming out of their arse. Altdorf broke the ball carrier away from the mess but left him stranded when a BD/AD result on a block meant no players could support him. The Ladykillers then suffered misfortune of their own trying to cover back. Knocking down the ball arrier but being unable to get anyone else their after a failed dodge but a Thrall on its arse. The Army crowded the ball with players and a Catcher slipped in to pick it up. He was promptly knocked down and the ball went all over the shop. A couple of simply blocks opened up the way for the Catch to stand back up and run the ball in for the second TD of the game.

In the last couple of turns another Cavlier attempt by the LLs came to naught when a Vampire failed it's dodge roll.

All in all the skill ups my team had didn't really make this a fair fight, although an early TD from the Vamps would have made things very interesting.

mrpier
19-07-2011, 01:40 PM
Disturbing presence is a bitch when you need to make that last ditch hand-off/pass, iirc it was a 6+ handoff to my 4AG dwarf runner with all the rerolls used up, so there must have been lots of disturbing presences near enough to make a difference.

Gorm
19-07-2011, 01:40 PM
Yea i was surprised i even got the ball to the vamp near the TD zone, i had to use the reroll to catch the ball. Would have been a great touch down.
I really enjoyed the game to be honest, even though i was going against a lot of guard the vamps are strong enough to atleast give me a 1 die blitz almost all the time. The ogre didnt get much of a chance to maul my vamps so that was nice too.
In other news only two thralls got injured, one by each side. So it was a draw really.

ntw
19-07-2011, 01:50 PM
Disturbing presence is a bitch when you need to make that last ditch hand-off/pass, iirc it was a 6+ handoff to my 4AG dwarf runner with all the rerolls used up, so there must have been lots of disturbing presences near enough to make a difference.

Hrm, I think my Beast was nearby, probably with a Warrior as well. There may also have been a prone Warrior who'd have counted as well.

Did I get the rest right? Nothing major I missed or got wrong? :)

mrpier
19-07-2011, 04:35 PM
No, it was fine, I think you confused my blitzer for a runner once, but otherwise it was spot on :p

boots468
19-07-2011, 09:19 PM
boots468 vamps vs niea7 necros : 1-1 draw. i'll do a short write up later, when i can be more impartial. Those last five turns weren't good for my heart rate ...

NieA7
19-07-2011, 09:21 PM
Just finished a 1-1 draw with boots468. Given how lucky I was with my armour and injury rolls he played brilliantly to pull back a TD and make sure I couldn't score again. Really need to work on the whole ball moving about thing.

Zoraster
19-07-2011, 09:27 PM
The third match in as many seasons between Nullk and I proved something of a damp squib. I was apprehensive as this was the 13th match for the Rats and they were still unbeaten. Combined with Nullk losing the first game, drawing the second I felt the writing was on the wall. In the event I rolled a lot of early Pows and had some very good armour rolls which all but ended the game as a contest. Zons canít cope short-handed and Nullk didnít start to wear down Rat numbers until he was merely chasing a consolation.

A 3-0 win gets the Rats off to a solid start as they chase a fifth straight division win. We did suffer another death (albeit to a rookie linerat) and failed to skill up either of the rookie GRs so the Orcs will start firm favourites next round, but hopefully this result will keep us in contention.

boots468
19-07-2011, 11:20 PM
Just finished a 1-1 draw with boots468. Given how lucky I was with my armour and injury rolls he played brilliantly to pull back a TD and make sure I couldn't score again. Really need to work on the whole ball moving about thing.

In my opinion, a very generous appraisal from the player that deservd to win there: the necros dominated the game, and i somehow capitalised on one of the very few oversights by NieA7 to scrape a very unlikely draw, with my slight unluck in 14 turns of the game counteracted by massive luck in two.

Full write up:

I won coin toss and kicked. Fine weather, and the game devolved into the expected mass brawl on the half-way line. I had marginally better ST, AG and re-rolls [and blood lust :-( ], he had marginally better MV, AV and skills. I chose not to use my apoc on a KOd vamp on turn 2 ,which I regretted when he KOd another one (and the expected tonne of thralls...) leaving a vamp and ~six thralls against a full 11 necros. I managed to get a 1d block against a blodge ball carrying ghoul with a thrall in ~turn four, which i re-rolled to defender down, KO-ing the ghoul. My sole vamp left then dodged twice, picked up the ball in 2 tackle zones, dodged out and threw an accurate pass. Naturally the marked thrall failed the catch (4+, no-re-roll), and NieA7 capitalised perfectly - when he scored in his turn 8, I had only had two knocked down thralls and 1 stunned thrall left on the pitch.

My turn 8 gave me 4 2d for blocks, each of which were just push. My KO recovery rolls were good at half time though, and I lined up with 10 (2 vamp, 8 thrall) against his 11 for the second half. I had to set up very aggresively, and although I catch the high kick off, things don't look good. In the following turns, every thrall in scoring distance is KOd/injured, until turn ~13, when i throw to a free thrall. However, he quickly gets blitzed by a werewolf and the push then defender down is enough to get him into the crowd (badly hurt), and it's here I begin to give up on the game.

My poor faith is quickly rewarded though, as with 9 players to my 6, NieA7 fails another 2d for, no-block, block (only 1/9 chance of failing though) after not moving a player to cover the loose ball, and a thrall is left in scoring range. Even though I have some re-rolls left, the thrall manages his pick up (and a GFI maybe) on his own to make it a scarcely believable 1-1.

With two turns left NieA7 fails his wight pick up then I double mark/hypnotise his wolf and ghouls in scoring distance, then sit back reflecting on an unlikely draw. Then I realise there are actually three turns left, and all he needs is an AG3 short pass, AG3 accurate catch and an AG3 dodge with dodge (or an unsilled 2d blitz) without re-rolls to win the game. Thankfully, the very first dice roll (the pass) is a fail, so I escape with my draw but have a -AV thrall and MNG vamp to show for it.

Thanks for the good game NieA7, your team totally dominated the game, and probably deserved the 3 points. As ever a few hours later, I'll have missed some important points in this write up, but as long as I've conveyed the overall dominance of the Necros (being outnumbered 9-4 with 3 6337 skill-less players will never end well!) and my fluke in scoring my goal, it'll do.Cheers!

potatoedoughnut
20-07-2011, 03:56 AM
TenjouUtena and I finished out Div 3 match:
potatoedoughnut's Clone High (Nec) 2 - 1 TenjouUtena's NERV (HiE)

Game started off with hot hot heat and the elves receiving. The necros put a little pressure on the ball but hung back for the most part. TJ got a blitzer free in the endzone and the thrower free to pass to him for 1-0 elves.

The heat then took out a couple zombies and approximately 25 elves. With so few elves on the pitch the ghoul in the backfield decided that he was in no hurry to pick up the ball and fumbled it around for a few turns. A few turns and elf KOs later the necros finally manage to pick up the ball and move it downfield, scoring on turn 8. 1-1 tie

At halftime most of the elves make it back on the pitch (down 2 I think) and the ghoul and blodge wolf decide to take a nap. The weather decides to improve for the next drive though. For the second game in a row (I think) I setup to kick after halftime when I was supposed to receive. I manage to cage the ball around midfield and the elves set up in front of the cage to slow things down. I switch over to the other side of the pitch with the ball wolf and a couple wights while the elves and various zombies punch each other in the middle of the field.

The zombies and golems keep the elves tied up while the clock ticks down. TJ does manage to do a crazy break away with a blitzer doing several dodges, a gfi, and a 1 die block to knock the ball carrier down and get the ball loose. The ball goes into the crowd the next turn, but luckily stays near the elf endzone. The wolf picks the ball back up and runs it in on turn 16. 2-1 Necros.

The heat really sealed the game for the Necros. TJ didn't have any cage breakers and being down ~5 players only made it harder to get the ball back in elf hands. He had several good/lucky hits on the ball carrier, but didn't have the players to follow up and get the ball to safety.

GG and thanks for the game TJ!

studenteternal
20-07-2011, 07:53 AM
heh this is a little late, but I wanted to go on the record that onestepfrom lost was very gracious to blame my poorly running luck for his win, he played his undead tightly with few mistakes and lots of bashing... Oh the bashing, my poor rats :)

groovychainsaw
20-07-2011, 11:25 AM
OK chaps, listen UP!

NTW has had a great idea which I think we'll be implementing shortly. It's a change to the 'match organising' procedure that I think will help things run more smoothly for everyone. We're going to use the group forum (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/group.php?groupid=4) to organise matches!

I've posted most of this in the match organising thread already, where NTW proposed the idea, but to quote myself, the reasons to do this are 3-fold...

1. It lets you have one little 'discussion' for each division, so making organising easier to track for yourselves
2. It means we go back to our one uber-thread for the divisions, rather than monopolising things by having 2.
3. It lets us (admin types) easily track back within a division to see if someone has failed to post.

Now, perhaps moving over completely midseason is a bit bold, and may confuse people. But we will DEFINITELY adopt this for next season, unless something is fundamentally broken with this idea (and if so, let me know, cos I can't see it...). Given that, it may be worth trying to get used to it now, and from this point on we will be checking BOTH PLACES (here and in the group forum) for evidence of match organising. So you should, too!

If you have any troubles with applying/using the group forum, let us know so we can investigate and try to remedy them. If there's a glaring problem with the idea, let us know too. But lets try to migrate over and embrace the exciting CHANGE!

President Weasel
20-07-2011, 11:53 AM
A FRIENDLY REMINDER!!

Week 1 ends officially on Friday night chaps, you're supposed to get your games done by then. As far as I can see, we're halfway through the fixtures so far (and I'm assuming everyone has put their results in the spreadsheet. I mean, noone WANTS the brick treatment, do they?), so there's a good number of games left to play before Friday. Keep organising if you haven't already, remember to put something in the match organising thread (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?44-RPS-Blood-Bowl-Divisions-of-Death-Match-Organising), so if your opponent is a no-show, you'll get the win (and lots of cash and SPPs!). If there's no post from either of you in there, it'll be defaulted to a draw, so it's in your interest to post in there!

/END OF FRIENDLY REMINDER

Just wanted to remind people about the friendly reminder. Two and a half more days to get your games in, chaps.
I'll go to the group forum now and start organising my week 2 game.

boots468
20-07-2011, 12:16 PM
I'm probably missing something super obvious, but other than the link in chainsaw's post, how do you navigate to the group? I can't see links to the groups page anywhere.

ntw
20-07-2011, 12:26 PM
I'm probably missing something super obvious, but other than the link in chainsaw's post, how do you navigate to the group? I can't see links to the groups page anywhere.

There's a "Community" button at the top of the screen, groups are under there.

/edit - once in the discussion you can subscribe to it, don't know if it works properly though...

boots468
20-07-2011, 01:54 PM

/edit - once in the discussion you can subscribe to it, don't know if it works properly though...

Ah, yes - thanks!

Nullkigan
20-07-2011, 03:22 PM
You can subscribe, but then it only comes up under your CP (quick links -> subscribed threads) instead of the "what's new" page. Someone needs to whip the code monkeys...

alh_p
20-07-2011, 08:00 PM
Div B, proper write up to follow: my Chaos (2) vs Desvegeh's Necro's (0)

desvergeh
20-07-2011, 08:08 PM
A deserved win there by alh_p.

Sweltering heat did neither teams any favours. I did have a bit of bad luck on some rolls (a GFI that could have yielded a touchdown, but no luck despite a re-roll). But I also made some real poor tactical choices, including an amusing triple dodge attempt using a flesh golem (accidental click).

My highlight of the match - alh_p's minotaur being beaten up by my ghoul.

duff
20-07-2011, 09:26 PM
My highlight of the match - alh_p's minotaur being beaten up by my ghoul. That mino is a cuntpipe

alh_p
20-07-2011, 10:11 PM
That mino is a cuntpipe

I'll second that! He's not exactly reliable. And he's been sat on 4xp for ages, so still no claw fun. Hopefully he's just waiting for a chance to shine. Hopefully that comes around before he gets killed/maimed by a trollslayer.

oh. Mrpier's dwarves up next... :(

DarkFenix
20-07-2011, 10:50 PM
Just wanted to remind people about the friendly reminder. Two and a half more days to get your games in, chaps.
I'll go to the group forum now and start organising my week 2 game.
Heh, the way things are going I'm only one disappearing opponent from defaulting an entire season. For a stock Chaos team, this would be a very, very good thing :P

I believe all I need to do is arrange MadDave's disappearance.

potatoedoughnut
21-07-2011, 03:39 AM

Yeah I hit subscribe for Div3 and I can't find it anywhere in my subscriptions, but no one has posted after me (maybe it will show up then?).

Gorm
21-07-2011, 03:50 AM
I might have a bug or i might just have never noticed this before, in division 5 it shows my match result against Alistair but then it hasnt updated my teams SPPs. Any ideas whats the cause? I had two vamps level up and one Thrall get an MVP but it only shows 3 MVP's in my teams stats (this was my 4th game)

potatoedoughnut
21-07-2011, 04:09 AM
I might have a bug or i might just have never noticed this before, in division 5 it shows my match result against Alistair but then it hasnt updated my teams SPPs. Any ideas whats the cause? I had two vamps level up and one Thrall get an MVP but it only shows 3 MVP's in my teams stats (this was my 4th game)

The match just hasn't been validated by an admin yet. Once it's validated the SPP and winnings will show up.

Gorm
21-07-2011, 04:17 AM
Ah okay, i was confused because it shows the score in the schedual sheet in BB.
Thanks

ntw
21-07-2011, 10:18 PM
Few results validated (including yours, Gorm ;) )

Div3, DivC, Div5, DivB, DivE, DivG rolled onto Day2

ChainsawHands
21-07-2011, 10:32 PM
3-0 for Elf Harm over DarkWeeble's Ground Porc. A failed dodge let a line-elf sacrifice his life to Nuffle, which led to a mistake by DarkWeeble giving a defensive touchdown, and then on the last turn an elf totally elfed the ball over the touchline by dodging away from a marker, punching a goblin out the way, picking the ball up in a tackle zone, dodging out into a tackle zone, then into no tackle zones, then elfing his way down the pitch and making 2 go-for-its. All with no re-rolls.

Fucking elfs.

Screwie
21-07-2011, 10:58 PM
Me and Mombiushibachi fought each other to a scoreless draw.

I prevented the only likely touchdown attempt of the match as Mombiushibachi chose to stall his ball carrier at the line for a couple of turns. On turn 7 my bombardier threw a perfect pass from extreme range and knocked the carrier down, stunning him through turn 8. It shouldn't have worked :D

Alethron
22-07-2011, 09:09 AM
Jolima and I played our match a few days ago, I've just been too busy to post a report until today. It was perhaps one of the most tense and dramatic games I've played recently.

So it was Jolima's Vampires versus my High Elves. I won the toss at the start of the game and decided that I would kick off first - I figured it would be easier to defend with all my players on the pitch at the start, especially seeing as I had no substitutes available due to injuries from the previous match. Jolima gave the ball to his 4AG Thrall and caged up, patiently probing around for openings. I found it really difficult to know how to stop him, because he could just as easily throw the ball around and outflank me or just push through my line. A foolish attempt to break up the cage meant that a few of my players were out of position around turn 5 and Jolima was able to get the ball to one of his Vamps who then charged through and stood by the endzone for three turns, well protected. That was a very frustrating first half, especially as I hadn't managed to thin his rank of thralls, and I had lost a few elves to KOs.

I received in the 2nd half and there was a riot, the ref deciding to move the clock forward by one turn, causing my heart to sink. I decided to try and score as quickly as possible, so with a high risk play I threw my three remaining catchers and a strength 4 lineelf down the sideline in Jolima's half, ready to receive the pass in the following turn. Jolima covered them quite well, forcing me to blitz out with a 1 die block, but I was able to make the roll and score. If I hadn't scored then I would have been wide open and defenceless.

So with 5 turns to score Jolima started marching down the pitch in the same fashion as the first half, comfortably protecting the ball carrier and easily knocking down any resistance I attempted to put up. Seeing the clock running down I decided to send a single lineelf up into Jolima's half ready to receive the ball on the off chance that I could get it back.

With two turns to go, Jolima was comfortably within scoring distance, and looked ready to walk to secure the victory. In turn 15 I was desperate, and managed to engineer a 1 die block against the ball carrier. My catcher with wrestle dove in.... defender down! The ball rolled out, bounced around between the numerous vampire players and landed at the feet on my blitzer who was trailing behind the cage. A dodge, pick up and pass to the waiting lineelf at the other end of the field meant that the ball was well clear of any of Jolima's players, and my lineelf was able to run up to Jolima's endzone and wait until the next turn to score, bringing the game to 2-1 with just one turn left for Jolima.

Fortunately for me there weren't any special events at the kick off and the game ended like that. A really dramatic turn around which very much went against the run of play. What was really exciting for me must have been very disheartening for Jolima, but he was a really good opponent and very gracious. Thanks for the game :)

alh_p
22-07-2011, 12:37 PM
A really dramatic turn around which very much went against the run of play. What was really exciting for me must have been very disheartening for Jolima

Fucking elfs.

[But, but, but writing any more would be surpluss to this comment!]

Gorm
22-07-2011, 01:22 PM
Vamps can do it right back to elves, but they would probably fail the bloodlust roll just before scoring.

Kelron
22-07-2011, 03:54 PM
I've agreed to a draw with Karandraz, as he's been unwell and couldn't make our match today. I'm away from tomorrow until the 30th so there's no point extending the division.

President Weasel
22-07-2011, 07:21 PM
Can you move on Divisions 4 and 8 please? I might be able to catch Screwie and Onestepfromlost over the weekend.

Jolima
22-07-2011, 07:28 PM
That elf turn around came as a bit of a chock admittedly, but I got much the same "ball bouncing out of cage" result against Laneford last game so I guess I had it coming.

Anyways, I'll be away to the US for two weeks from this Sunday. Dragon, I have you left to play, will you be able to play some evening of the week before the deadline do you think? (8-11 Aug.)

Edit: moving on divs 4 and 8.

HughTower
23-07-2011, 12:17 PM
Not seen a note, but has Div 1 been moved on?

I'd like to hunt Kelron down and spill some delven blood. Or run away from it as is more likely.

Alistair Hutton
23-07-2011, 12:56 PM
Nice, +1MV on my Catcher. I had to think long and hard because it was a a double and I could have so easily taken Guard on him.

Also, ruthless firing of an unskilled (but possesor of 4 SPPs) Lineman to be replaced by a second Thrower.

President Weasel
23-07-2011, 01:05 PM
Ruthless!
Although I suspect you will be sad next time you are fielding nine mans at the start of the second half.

Alistair Hutton
23-07-2011, 02:13 PM
As that would take 4 of my mans to be injured I would be a very sad kitten indeed.

President Weasel
23-07-2011, 02:28 PM
that sounds as though you probably have enough mans

President Weasel
23-07-2011, 03:50 PM
Bloody Gobbos (Screwie, (Goblins, (obviously)) vs Nec Romantics (Pres W., Necromantics (obviously))

In the first half there was a great deal of pushing and shoving. The chainsaw got a load of hits on my players but mostly got stuns. I got a hit on the chainsaw and didn't even get that much. I managed a succession of 2 dice blocks on the ball carrier (6 dice total in one turn) and failed to get a single pow. Even when I went for both down the gobbos scooped the ball up again, but I managed to do enough to stall Screwie and end the first half scoreless, with both players left thinking "just one more reroll and I could have scored then..."

In the second half I failed a pickup, and with several goblins running down my left I picked up in turn 9 and sent a lone wight, Percy Shelley, carrying the ball up the right. I thought Screwie would be able to get one assist on him, meaning a one dice hit when I had block and he didn't. Not great odds, but not terrible. When he conjured up a second assist though, I got worried. Then he went for a 2 dice block with his troll before blitzing my wight, got AD/BD, and lonered the reroll.

I capitalised on my lucky escape, got Shelley up near the corner with George Lord Byron the werewolf in support. Screwie got a goblin next to Shelley and another next to Byron, but I was just going to hit the bomb thrower with a skeleton, then knock the goblin clear and score. The skeleton turned out to be a merc, a fact I noticed when I got AD/BD... and lonered the reroll.
Screwie got another goblin up next to the little group in the corner, blitzed my werewolf down and stunned him and knocked over Shelley. Things were suddenly looking a lot worse for me.

Turn 12 - Percy Bysshe Shelley makes a single dice block (came up pow), 4+ dodge (came up 5), 4+ pickup (came up 5), and a step over the line.

Seconds later, on the kickoff, a rock came sailing out of the crowd and broke his collar bone. Regeneration failed - scorer to casualty to -1Str sacking-victim-to-be in zero seconds of actual game time.

Screwie failed the pickup on the kickoff, I headed into his half, stood over the ball, grabbed it the next turn, needed one go for it to get completely safe, failed it and the reroll, and fell over and stunned my wight.
Then in my last turn of the game I managed to get my werewolf halfway across the pitch, pick up the ball, and just needed one go for it to score. I fell over and stunned the werewolf.
Screwie couldn't make a touchdown from where the ball ended up so made a pass for the SPP - and I got to see a skeleton make an interception.

1-0 to me, but the team is down a wight (and he was the one with the SPP from the touchdown).

edit: they're zombies rather than skellingtons. Doesn't make much difference to the story.

Rakysh
23-07-2011, 04:26 PM
Inrik beat me 2-0, I've updated the wassis. Was down to a single halfling at one point, not very pretty. Well done to him though.

imirk
23-07-2011, 05:00 PM
Aye, Good Game Rakysh,

The first half saw me receive, cage, grind, scoring on turn 8, not that I stalled more that Rakysh almost succeeded in stalling out the cage, but I was able make my break as the number of halflings on the pitch approached zero. Also of note a tree killed a lino. RIP

In the Second Half I managed to kick the ball short into my wide LOS TZ, but high kick meant a stunty was under it and dodged away. Rakysh then decided to play fling a fling, but appearently halflings have the aerodynamic properties of ... well halflings, and the landing saw a turnover. So I picked it up, caged, but the cage was infiltrated by a tree and a mess of halflings. some bashing and what I'm told is a "dodge" a nifty trick my runner must have learned from an elf and the ball was moving away from the murderous treemans, with the strength and numerical superiority I ran it in on turn 14.

The next kick went long, but without a reroll the pickup failed, so I sent 2 blitzers into the backfield, I forget why the next turnover happened but on turn 16 I grabbed the ball, make the handoff, need one GFI, roll1, reroll ... 1 fail, turnover, game

groovychainsaw
23-07-2011, 05:52 PM
Ok, week 1 finished yesterday!

I've moved on everyone I can, and validated matches that I spotted. Currently unresolved are: soulpride vs. sinister (sinister gets the win at the moment, as he's posted in match organising), duffin vs shaulustiger (duffin is on a win at the moment, no post from shaulustiger), darkfexnix vs copper(darkfenix getting the win at the moment). Players on the losing sides have tonight to get themselves heard/organise their game, otherwise we'll default the games to move the last 3 divisions on. All others have been moved on, so keep organising those games, ideally in the newly-formed groups (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/group.php?groupid=4) (see earlier post for explanations!)!

potatoedoughnut
23-07-2011, 11:11 PM
potatoedoughnut's Clone High (Nec) 1 - 1 The Poisoned Sponge's Prefistoric (Liz)

Sponge and I just finished our game, a 1-1 draw. Game started pretty standard with the lizards receiving. They grabbed the ball, we fluffed around for a few turns and he scored on turn 4 or 5ish.

On offense I tried to grab the ball with a ghoul, move up, then hand off to a wight to cage up around midfield. The handoff failed (w/ RR) and a line of Krox and Saurus went up in front of the Undead and around the ball. I was able to get a 1d blitz on a Saurus onto the ball, but it ended up in the hands of one of my Flesh Golems >.<

Sponge wasn't able to knock him down, but it was turn 7 and I was nowhere near the endzone. I arrange to chainpush some Saurus so that a ghoul next to the Golem was no longer in any TZs, made a handoff, then made a pass to a wight downfield (RR spent on the catch), and then made 1 GFI to even the score. In all I was very happy with this lucky series of rolls, but I'm sure Sponge was none too happy.

Second half, lizards kick to the necros. A ghoul grabs the ball in the backfield and hangs out. Some bashing goes on in the flanks and lizards come down the middle. I again try to run forward and hand off to a wight (? wolf? ghoul? something w/ agi 3) but again fail the catch roll (with RR), but this time the ball bounces back to the ghoul that made the handoff. This lucky bounce and catch lets me make a cage and be somewhat safe.

The lizards come in and mark up the cage and take down a corner to mark the ball. I'm able to block a path free, dodge the ghoul out and make a hand off to a wight a but further up who runs off out of range of the lizards. At this point I decide my best bet is to stall for time and give the lizards as few turns to score as possible (I think it's turn 11 or 12 at this point).

I mark up lizards but more and more slowly make it downfield, but much more slowly due to some failed dodges, blocks, and bonehead rolls.. Eventually the krox makes it back and at this point I just want to get my guy free and score, but failed GFIs don't let me get the needed assists to block my way to victory. Eventually the ball gets loose, I fail another GFI to block the ball free, and a skink picks the ball up and tosses it downfield ending any chance of a score.

We push eachother around for another turn or two and that's that. 1-1 final score.

We both had a couple lucky series of rolls and many many ones. The second half in particular was pretty frustrating for the both of us as Sponge couldn't get his guys back to the ball, then once he did I wasn't able to get mine back there.

Also of note this was the second game in a row I've had with zero casualties for either side (just a couple KOs). I'm expecting human blood to be all over the pitch (but hopefully still no necro bits) for our game GC :D

DarkFenix
24-07-2011, 01:07 PM
Ok that's it. All remaining divisions have been moved on and matches defaulted accordingly. Now I get to settle down and wait probably another 8 days for another default, yay.

President Weasel
24-07-2011, 01:58 PM
Is there a way of easily tracking who has defaulted, like for instance maybe making those match results a different colour in the spreadsheet? That way we'd know who to put on The List, when flaming pitchfork season comes around.

DarkFenix
24-07-2011, 02:10 PM
I guess an extra column could be shoved on the end of each day on the fixtures page. Could put a 'D' there or something for defaulted results. Given that the acid bricks seem to be deterring people from not filling in the spreadsheet and that using the acid bricks is good wholesome fun, it could give a nice alternate excuse to get them out.

Schaulustiger
24-07-2011, 02:41 PM
Ah, darn, I forgot to post here to say that duffin and I intended to play tonight. Well, the default win still serves me right since I forgot to arrange the match earlier.

duff
24-07-2011, 02:48 PM
Groovy - spoke to Schaulistiger and we are gonna try and play our game tonight if thats okay?

EDIT: doh, looks like the leagues already been moved on.

Alistair Hutton
24-07-2011, 07:35 PM
Low-Key (The Easy Dead) 0 - 2 (Altdorf Army XI) Alistair

The game started in pouring rain which immediately cleared up as soon as the Army kicked the ball. The Dead made it look easy (see what I did there) by immeadiately KO'ing my Dodge,Guard Blitzer but then there must have been some moisture left on the ball as thye fumbled picking up the ball in the backfield.

Taking the calculated gamble I sent some players round the flank to put on pressure whilst trying to beat up thier front line. They then promptly KO'd y Guard/Grab Blitzer but then once again fumbled picking up the ball. The front line was fairly static, the Mummise doing their thing and shorn of 2 Guar players I couldn't get a decisive bash superiority. The Dead worked the ball up their left flank but their cage as exposed and I eventually was able to knock down the Wight ball carrier and have the ball go into the corwd where it was thrown centre field in the undead half.

With seconds left on my turn clock I was able to scramble a couple of players around the ball but then a Wight with clearly The Wight Stuff ran in and snafled the ball from under the players' noses (as well as a mummy KOing a third of my players) and there was a Ghoul in support of the Wight.

I said fuck it, Blitzed the Wight knocking him down and the ball free, scooped up the ball and ran it in with 2 GFIs to get the TD on turn 5. Both my Blitzer's stayed in the KO box so I was defending with my catcher and I started thinking about what President Weasel said. However, I fairly comfortably saw out the defensive duties to end the half (aided by some patty cake blocking by Low-Key's players).

Into the second half and it was a touch-back for me. This meant one thing and one thing only. HAMMER TIME. the ball was handed to Torg'n'Thorg my Ogre and off we rumbled down the right side of the pitch whilst offering a blitzer down the left flank as a threat. Although I was still down one blitzer in the KO box. So I KO'd a skelton in revenge.

The Easy Dead put a strong D in front of my rumble but left the blind side open which I worked my way down although this left my cage corner in contact with the enemy. My cage was pinned to the sideline and marked up from the side. I gambled, handed off the ball to my thrower, blitzed through the front from behind, crucially Badly Hurting the Ghoul in the way, and formed a two man cage around the ball carrier hard agaisnt the sideline. Some good blocking back by the old cage meant The East Dead's only option was for a Ghoul to make a suicide block against the ball carrier. In the negative column however was my thrower badly hurt himself trying to smack a Wight on the left flank.

The Ghoul tried the blitz but fell over making the dodge in. I took a couple of easy 2d blocks and then walked in the touch down on turn 12. I then get perfect defence and I can feel Nuffle's beatific smile upon me.

Low Key throws caution to the wind and leaves a lot of players in contact with me. My Ogre falls over early in my turn as I try to free up a player to crowd surf a Wight. On the plus side that does actually Kill the Skelton he throws himself over. But now Low-Key is in perfect position to smack the crap out of me. Which just doesn't materialise and my players stay mostly unhurt. Nuffle smiles again.

I get a 1d go for it blitz on the ball carrier, the AG4 Wight in Low-Key's team. And send that undead abomination straight to hell. Stone cold Dead. Stone colder deader than normal anyways. However a Zombie caught the scattered ball and he shambles menacingly down the pitch with a decent cage around him. I fail to stand up players and lose a player to a go for it.

The Zombie shuffles menacingly forward, the end zone in sight and shuffle range.

I dodge a thrower from the line of scrimmage and take the shot. 1D block on the zombie and bam KO'd. I get a couple of TZs on the ball. The Easy Dead clear off one zone but AD trying to clear off the second and so the game ends.

potatoedoughnut
24-07-2011, 08:48 PM
Low-Key (The Easy Dead) 0 - 2 (Altdorf Army XI) Alistair
<snip>< SNIP >

Good writeup, but please spellcheck next time!</snip>

sinister agent
24-07-2011, 10:02 PM
'fraid I've not heard from Soulpride, or seen him around much. I've posted in the subforum thingy for the next game, though.

KayD
24-07-2011, 11:44 PM
3-1 to Vexing Visions Amazons :) Was a great game with my chances scuppered by having 4 players KO'd and one injured the whole game after my first TD :) Vex played very well and deserved the win anyway!

Vexing Vision
24-07-2011, 11:45 PM
In a match dominated by KO'ed Gutter Runners and horrible double downs, my Seaside Sirens managed to win the match 3 to 1 versus KayD's extremely unlucky Mice - they had a good first half, but then most of his gutter runners dropped and refused to raise again.

Cheers for being a good sport nevertheless!

Alistair Hutton
25-07-2011, 06:34 AM
Good writeup, but please spellcheck next time!</snip>

Bizarre, Chrome totally claims that that abominable piece of writing is all correctly spelled. I've given it a 5 minute once over to correct the most egregious errors.

LowKey
25-07-2011, 12:17 PM
improved spelling does not fill the Wight shaped void you left in my heart, I CANT AFFORD ANOTHER ONE

Alistair Hutton
25-07-2011, 01:12 PM
improved spelling does not fill the Wight shaped void you left in my heart, I CANT AFFORD ANOTHER ONE

*Insert amusing pun about hearts and the undead here*

drawlien
25-07-2011, 01:21 PM
*Insert amusing pun about hearts and the undead here*

I would, but my heart's not really in it.

President Weasel
25-07-2011, 01:25 PM
that joke died a death.

President Weasel
26-07-2011, 08:16 PM
Division 8, week2
DE-Composure (Vandron Fuji, Terrifying undeads) vs Red Skull Reavers (President Weasel, Chaos mans)

This match finished one nil to the chaos mans, but that doesn't tell the whole story.
I thought when I named the team that it might be tempting fate - the Red Skulls are the most terrifying sight a BB player can see (apart from maybe Drawlien's amazons), so I thought it would be a good name for a chaos team. Today Nuffle seemed to decide that since I liked red skulls so much, maybe I should have a hatful of them for my block dice.
But that doesn't tell the whole story.
Nuffle also decided that to "compensate" for all those skulls, he'd put his thumb on the scales of the injury dice. Beastmen and Chaos Warrior Mans alike seemed to have forgotten to put their armour on today. That doesn't tell the whole story either, but that's a large chunk of the story right there, and there's even an illustration below.
The last part of the story is the fact that me and Onestepfromlost know each other from way back: we played EVE together on and off for a good year, in the Eurogamer space corps "Lollipops for Rancors" and "Moustache Twirling Space Cads". It was me that persuaded him that the Divisions might be fun when he got BB in a Steam sale, and I got him to join up for this season. It got me thinking about my time in EVE, and since I was making my team at the time I ended up naming the beastmen after pilots from our old corps, including Onestepfromlost's character Vandron Fuji.

You won't find Vandron Fuji in my team any more though, because today Vandron Fuji killed his blood bowl namesake beastman.
Then he brought him back as a zombie Vandron Fuji.
Then on the second block of the very next drive, zombie Vandron Fuji injured another one of my beastmen.

Never, ever, get your friends to join the Divisions. They turn out to be vicious evil necromancers.
Count the chaos mans remaining on the pitch there. There's four - and that's only if you count the zombie on the other team!

And that's the whole story.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/chompmancobra/horriblemaimage.jpg

cwoac
26-07-2011, 08:59 PM
andd. we are back on form. 2-0 loss to Schaulustiger, despite a last minute pass across the field by the ghoul and a break by the wolf.

Schaulustiger
26-07-2011, 09:02 PM
@PresidentWeasel: That sounded like a memorable match. I love those Blood Bowl stories.

In other news, my Skullsmashin' Greens celebrated their first ever victory with a 2-0 against Cwoaks Necro's. Thanks for a good game, Cwoac!

imirk
26-07-2011, 09:35 PM
@PresidentWeasel: That sounded like a memorable match. I love those Blood Bowl stories.

Heh, always great when the nuffle decides to depitch a chaos team, even a rookie one.

potatoedoughnut
26-07-2011, 09:39 PM
@PW That's amazing.

Though I'm pretty sure that zombie will turn into a 0spp skellington once the results are validated, not that it helps you any.

onestepfromlost
26-07-2011, 09:42 PM
yeah the zombie did turn into a 0 spp skellie which sucks :( Didnt mind the loss as i enjoyed smashing lots of people in the face!

duff
27-07-2011, 01:08 AM
I.. ah.. see you've got off to a smashing start their Pweasel!

DarkFenix
27-07-2011, 02:15 AM
Makes me glad I'm opening with a default or two to build up my cash and such. Assuming I get a second default I should get enough cash for both my minotaur and apothecary. That'd buffer me nicely to lose half my team to a levelled up Nurgle team in my final game.

President Weasel
27-07-2011, 08:11 AM
The winnings bug has so far stolen almost half my money, too. I should have won 50K for the first match, so I would have had an apoc for the casualty-fest in the second. So far I've "won" 110,000 and actually received 60,000.

Also, how come you're getting all these defaults?

Zoraster
27-07-2011, 10:52 AM
On that note Pres you'll be pleased to hear the winnings bug is supposed to be getting fixed tomorrow... of course I'm sure most of us will be wondering just what they break instead. My money is on re-breaking the free player for Nurgle and the undead teams.

President Weasel
27-07-2011, 11:06 AM
I am conflicted. Should I be:

1) pleased to hear the winnings bug won't screw me over any more;
2) cynical about the chances of the "fix" actually fixing it
3) grumpy that the winnings bug is being taken away after screwing me over twice, without giving it the chance to do the mythical "it will all even out over time" thing and give me my damn money back.

Gorm
27-07-2011, 12:14 PM
You think they keep a record? And will back date payments? So some teams will suddenly have way more money and some teams will spiral into debt?

President Weasel
27-07-2011, 12:33 PM
Not a chance.

Gorm
27-07-2011, 01:11 PM
Damn, was hoping i'd see Amazons on street corners offering hand offs for money

Vexing Vision
27-07-2011, 01:13 PM
They're called "Dump Off"s and are an aquired, and expensive, skill.

alh_p
27-07-2011, 07:54 PM
Div B: Alh_p's World Beaters of Khorne (Chaos) vs MrPier's Longus Barba (Dwarf)

1:1

A bloody match (i lost a CW -dead, apo used earlier to save another CW), could quite closely have been 2:1 to me but for a lucky intercept by MrPier's runner. Although that said, i'd already had a dollop of luck with a Blitz! kick off.

A very entertaining game, so much so that i don't even begrudge you the life of my CW too much! :)

mrpier
27-07-2011, 08:10 PM
Yeah, crazy crazy game. My dwarfs was very good hitting today, taking out a couple of CWs and alh_p's minotaur, but despite my numerical superiority in the second half I was constantly on my back feet thanks to the blitz result on the kick-off since I had most of my men tied up on the line ready to break a hole for my cage. It took an unusual amount of dodges and GFI's to keep alh_p away from my endzone, which made the rerolls go quite fast.

Nullkigan
27-07-2011, 09:41 PM
POWgirls (Zons, Null) 2 - 1 Elf Harm (Pro Elf, ChainsawHands)

The TV difference let me bring Morg'n'Thorg, who earned a full 6SPP in casualties. A critical fumble by Elf Harm in the first half let me drive the ball home, and my own drive in the second was effectively impenetrable to the then-reduced elf team. Taking pity I scored on turn 15, and was repaid by a cheeky one turn touchdown.

Thanks for the game, 'Hands.

boots468
27-07-2011, 10:05 PM
smaug81's Norse Vs boots468's Vampires

Due to injuries, I was starting this game with only 2 vamps, and 9 thralls - four of whom were journeymen. As such I knew I needed a strong start to get a numbers advantage, and after winning the toss chose to recieve. However, Smaug got a blitz, putting one of his players where the ball would land, and swamping my scrimmage and sideline thralls - killing last game's MVP thrall in the process. Things then went downhill.

I lined up to recieve again with 8 players at the start of turn 3, ineffectually pushed some linemen, then failed to pick up the ball and got beaten up. I had the chance to blitz the runner with the ball to stop another touchdown - my vamp made three dodges, a GFI and then promptly rolled double skulls.

I lined up to recieve yet again with 7 players (only 1 vamp) at the start of turn 6, but Smaug got another blitz, placing a player under where the ball was going to land again, and tieing up the rest of my players. The inevitable happens, and I concede a third on the stroke of half time, with just three thralls left on the pitch.

I kick off (7 players, just 1 vamp again) to his 11, and the inevitable cage forms. With never more than 4-5 players able to stand up at a time, the fourth goal is unstoppable although a few re-rolls are burnt and no more damage is done to my threadbare team.

I line up to recieve yet again (8 players now though!) in ~turn 12 and achieve my first SPP of the game with a vamp throwing the ball into a cage of thralls. Next turn, a couple of 1d blocks aren't turnovers (!!!), and my ball carrying thrall manages to leave the now-surrounded cage, to hand back to the vamp, who runs off downfield. He is quickly brought down though, and despite some heroic suicidal thrall blitzes, the fifth touchdown is scored in turn 15.

Smaug certainly played well, and my team were outnumbered, outmanouevred and outmuscled before even my first turn and things never let up. 5-0 is by far the worst score line I've ever had but that is far from the worst I've played - although I made some risky plays after a while, with my high AG and plenty of re-rolls, and needing to chase the game right from the beginning I felt they were necessary. Thanks for the game, and enjoy your bags and bags of SPP Smaug!

sinister agent
27-07-2011, 10:24 PM
Jaytee's Khemri just stomped their way to a 1-0 victory over my hapless dwarves, as my surprise purchase of a Deathroller turned into a surprise quadruple-1-rolling Deathroller spaz out. Still, a good, solid scrum in the second half helped work off the stress and give my blockers a few points. Jaytee's Tomb Guardian managed to run off with the ball, but not in time to beat the clock.

JayTee
27-07-2011, 10:24 PM
The Eternal Bewilderment (Dwarfs) vs. The Dead Comic Society (Khemri)

0 - 1

Bewilderment win the toss and elect to receive, and throw on their new player; a Deathroller. Kickoff event begins with us both receiving bribes, and my face sinks when I realise this means the Deathroller is likely here to stay. Ugh.

First drive is a lot of pushing and shoving, the Comics quickly rack up a Badly Hurt Dwarf and the Deathroller repeatedly rolls 1s for Break Tackle, GFI, and generally anything useful. The ball gets knocked free up near the Dwarf TD line but in typical fashion the Comics fail to pick up the ball and it shuffles downfield to be collected by a Runner. The Dwarfs get close to the halfway line with their MV7 + Fend Runner (Who frankly is a right pain in the arse to deal with) and eventually the Comics manage to knock the ball free, which promptly pops off the pitch and gets thrown in behind the Comics' LoS.

The Comics grab the ball with a free Thro-Ra, and due to the placement of Dwarfs elect to be a bit risky and try a handoff to an unmarked Blitz-Ra to get the ball well clear of any possible Dwarfs. In classic Khemri fashion the Blitz-Ra fails the simple catch and the ball sails away, right into the hands of a Tomb Guardian who astounds everyone by actually catching the ball! Couple of turns later I shamble the TD in making this the ONLY TD I've actually scored with a player other than Werath (My Thro-Ra with 11 TDs to his name!). Yay!

The Deathroller completes his amazing run of 1s, the bribe fails and he's thankfully gone from the game. Bewilderment get another re-roll but with only 2 turns left on the clock it's largely to waste, though they reply by KOing the Mighty Blow TG. Somewhere in the first half the Comics manage another BH Dwarf, and a Dead Tomb Guardian thankfully regenerates.

Second half starts with a riot, burning a turn on the clock and the Dwarf kicker clearly has had too much halftime booze and the ball gets nowhere near the halfway line. Touchback and the Comics throw caution to the wind again and give it to a Tomb Guardian, hoping to get a second TD and a level on him. This was to be a mistake.

The second half largely consists of a HUGE clusterfuck in the middle of the pitch, and a frustrating double-skulls snatches the initiative from the Comics and the Dwarfs slowly gain the upper hand in the fight eventually resulting in a regen-ed Badly Hurt Thro-Ra, another KOed Tomb Guardian, and a KOed Skeleton. Despite the numbers advantage the block dice don't really favour the Dwarfs and the Comics are just able to squeeze the Tomb Guardian down the left field. I realise I need 2 GFIs to succeed on both the final turns to score with this, and a good block from the Dwarfs stuns the only player that I could have handed off to. Of course the TG promptly fails both his GFIs on the first run, burning the last re-roll and then destroying all chances of a second TD. Both teams devolve to ineffectually hitting each other for the last turn and the game ends 0-1.

Post-match it looks like I got MVP on a Blitz-Ra which will be enough to get him levelled up, a valuable 3 SPPs on a rookie TG will help and the 2 Badly Hurts tip some of my players a bit closer to levelling.

Risking using a TG as the carrier on touchback was a gamble, I really could do with more levels on my TGs, which failed to pay off in the end. He never really got blocked (Though perhaps this was somewhat due to Sinister not risking a block on a str5 player) and his slow speed ended up costing me the second TD. I should have stuck with a Thro-Ra or a Blitz-Ra to move the ball upfield, but I had 6 turns to play with and thought that would be enough but the Dwarfs really bogged me down turn after turn. Ah well, was worth a try! Good to see regen saves yet another Dead Tomb Guardian, which puts me at 2 saved from Death and 1 actually Dead. Phew.

President Weasel
27-07-2011, 10:57 PM
Sounds like a classic khemri vs dwarfs punch-em-up, with the added fun of a player with so little AG it might as well be a negative number actually catching the ball and scoring a touchdown. Bad luck with those 1s, sinister agent.

Rylon
27-07-2011, 10:57 PM
Rylon's Nurgles vs INinja's Rakish Rodents, 0-1 in favor of the Rodents.

Write up to follow

sinister agent
28-07-2011, 12:39 AM
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6124/5982538833_5a65737764.jpg

That is all.

studenteternal
28-07-2011, 03:19 AM
Huh so steams screen shot thingy does not seem to work with blood bowl, good to know :\ Anyway, me and cyborg played our second game of division eight. Who knew elves were so pointy! A good hard fought game in which cyborg's wood elves inflicted 5 5! injuries on my team including a broken neck (-1 agility) on my thrower, -1 armor on line rats and a -1 MA on a gutter runner that a passing apocothary managed to turn into -1 AV instead. Yea?

On the good side for me nuffle favored my gutter runner, resolutely refusing to give cyborg the defender down he needed to overcome their dodge and letting them run in 3 TD's for a tie. 3-3.

I might do a more through AAR later, though I probably won't as I don't have the screen-shots I thought I took for notes.

Cyborg
28-07-2011, 04:15 AM
Good game. It was amazing how your runner could charge past all my defenders, stacked repeatedly. If someone could explain that, I would appreciate it.

I was looking at the dice rolls, and the only roll that didn't go in your favor was the very last one. Being new, I was not sure which turn was considered the "last" turn, if it ended at 16 or included 16, otherwise I would have held the ball on that last play. I knew that the same old running play would be coming where you dodge four guys...good to see I finally got a dice roll in my favor on the final play.

All in all, it was fun and I learned a lot. Should be a lot better next game.

smaug81
28-07-2011, 04:57 AM
smaug81's Norse Vs boots468's Vampires

Thanks indeed for the game, boots, and for keeping a positive attitude through a truly lop-sided series of dice. After a while I could only shake my head in disbelief at the extent to which everything imaginable went right for me and horribly, horribly wrong for you. You certainly gave it the best you could in the circumstances. I hope the winnings dice were at least kind to you, so you can start to rebuild a bit for the future!

President Weasel
28-07-2011, 09:22 AM
3-3.

Tut, you didn't update the spreadsheet. I did it for you, so I could double check my maths and say:

Division 6 here I come, baby! The Red Skull Reavers are marching onwards to glory*.
It is mathematically impossible for me not to get promoted, no matter what happens in the last game.

*actual glory not guaranteed.
**the number of players on your team can go down as well as up.

Vexing Vision
28-07-2011, 09:58 AM
Rylon's Nurgles vs INinja's Rakish Rodents, 0-1 in favor of the Rodents.

Write up to follow

Please tell me you killed (or at least MNG'ed) some of those Gutter Runners....

studenteternal
28-07-2011, 10:06 AM
heh go gutter runners! you made up for it on injury rolls though!

onestepfromlost
28-07-2011, 03:25 PM
Ok so Im moving flat on monday and will be internetless until the thurs, so if some lovely admin could advance the div 8 a wee bit early since the games are done I could try and squeeze in my game before the monday.

Cheers :)

DarkFenix
28-07-2011, 05:19 PM
All divisions moved on to day 3 where relevant.

Zoraster
28-07-2011, 09:12 PM
A couple of days after my flings lost their unbeaten record in the Open my rats long unbeaten run was finally ended at 13 games by Weeble’s greenskins. The match began with a failed GFI costing me the early lead and went downhill from there as a nightmare outing saw GFI, ball handling and scatter conspire against the Rats throughout. It was a truly hilarious game as the Orcs lost the ball time and again but it just scattered around through greenskin hands and off prone players until one of them snagged it.

The decisive moment of the game came midway in the second half. The orcs had made their way into Skaven territory but for the first time the ball carrier was so exposed I could get the ball out with no orc around to receive a lucky scatter. The plan was grab the free ball and punt it deep into orc territory. That would allow me to regroup, and force Weeble to either attempt a very risky pass or give me one free shot at the BC in a very dangerous position. Alas the Gutter rolled a 1 on the 2+ pick-up. While he made the reroll I could no longer risk the pass given the fumble risk.

Weeble knocked down and killed the BC gutter after a rerolled blitz (apoth finally worked) but still had to expose his new BC one final time. I again knocked the ball out, but this time a team mate was a square away so the ball scattered into the waiting arms of the black orc who made the 5+ roll. A final GFI failure meant I wasn’t able to put a TZ on the BC and Weeble took the lead in turn 15.

I had two turns to level but rolled a 1 on both my pick-up attempts after a perfect defence had allowed Weeble to make things more awkward than they should have been. Just one of those days, but it wasn’t all bad as the MVP went to the rookie Gutter I badly wanted to level.

Division A is now very interestingly poised with all 4 teams having a win and a defeat.